PDA

View Full Version : Oh Waaahh!

Sluggo
07-31-2010, 11:24 AM
Jerome Solomon is really a piece of work. Evidently his panties are in somewhat of a wad over Mr. McNair calling out Mario and Amobi Okoye over their intensity or lack thereof. The man signs the checks so he can say what he wants - we are not exactly talking about Jerry Jones or Al Davis here.

Mario has been the Texans best defensive player since he arrived here although arguments could definately be made for DeMeco Ryans or Brian Cushing. How many players in the league have 36 sacks over the past three years? The list would be a short one. This has been with little to no help.
Having said that, does anyone believe Mario's motor runs 100% every snap? It is a criticism that has followed him from NC State. Kubiak rightfully called him out publically after the Miami game last year when he didnt crack the stat sheet. John McClain said it best - "If Mario had Cushing's motor the Texans would have Reggie White."

Amobi has had the "he's so young" shield since he has been here. Granted, defensive tackles make impacts in ways that don't always show up on the stat sheet, but we have seen too few "Oh wow" flashes from 91. His play seemed to step up the latter half of last year, but what we need from Amobi is something he has yet to show - consistancy. He was drafted to be a penetrating, John Randle type player. He may only be 23, but this is his 4th year in the league. Its now or never.

Bascially, Mr. McNair said nothing that has not been said repeatedly in the print and talk media and posted here. He is the boss, and sometimes the boss has to get on the employees. "but but he shouldnt have said it through the media.." Get over it. These guys dont have jobs like the rest of us. The fans help pay their salary. They work in the public spotlight. The owner didnt exactly call them dogs.
This is a make or break year for the team. Absolutely two of the teams high draft picks need to step it up. If they can't handle that they are not the type of players we can win with anyway.

I think they will be just fine.

BSofA04
07-31-2010, 11:50 AM
Soloman and Justice love stirring the pot. It's best to just ignore them. Soloman once called Texan fans "losers" in an article. Not that he ever had me as a reader, but that pretty much sealed his fate.

CloakNNNdagger
07-31-2010, 12:06 PM
Last year, it was noted by me and numerous others that Mario had one tool in his pack.........run widely around end to get to the QB...........He seemed not to use his arms or hands to "manhandle" any defenders. It seemed as though he was avoiding any maneuvers that required raising his arms or stressing his shoulder. At the end of the season, Kubiak revealed that Mario had been playing most of the season with a shoulder injury, which compromised his performance, and that he would require surgery on the shoulder during the offseason. Since no such reports confirmed that surgery was performed, a couple of months ago, I asked the question as to if surgery plans were abandoned. And if so, how could there be justification for a return in 2010 to another predictably "compromised" year for Mario.

One redeeming piece of Solomon's article is that it answers my question.........and gives me renewed hope that Mario will drop his Clark Kent disguise to return this year as Superman.

Williams says he is so far ahead of where he was a couple years ago, that how well he plays depends more on his health than his intensity. After shoulder surgery this offseason, he says he is ready to go.

False Start
07-31-2010, 12:17 PM
I've heard this guy say that McNair is not vocal enough, and now that he is, he wants to ***** about it. Make up your mind Jerome!

bckey
07-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Last year, it was noted by me and numerous others that Mario had one tool in his pack.........run widely around end to get to the QB...........He seemed not to use his arms or hands to "manhandle" any defenders. It seemed as though he was avoiding any maneuvers that required raising his arms or stressing his shoulder. At the end of the season, Kubiak revealed that Mario had been playing most of the season with a shoulder injury, which compromised his performance, and that he would require surgery on the shoulder during the offseason. Since no such reports confirmed that surgery was performed, a couple of months ago, I asked the question as to if surgery plans were abandoned. And if so, how could there be justification for a return in 2010 to another predictably "compromised" year for Mario.

One redeeming piece of Solomon's article is that it answers my question.........and gives me renewed hope that Mario will drop his Clark Kent disguise to return this year as Superman.

I was very critical of Mario's semi circle move to get to the qb. Its nice to know that there was a reason for it. Hopefully he can stay healthy this season and bring the heat.

Brisco_County
07-31-2010, 06:17 PM

Best news of the offseason.

Marcus
08-01-2010, 01:15 AM
The fans help pay their salary.

Get's my vote for "the popular myth of the day" award.