PDA

View Full Version : I Hate This Team

Sluggo
07-30-2010, 11:45 PM
I hate the Tennessee Titans. I mean I hate the Titans more than the Cowboys and believe me, thats saying something. I hate the Titans maybe the way I hate taxes and humidity.

Maybe it is because they broke my heart when they left us for Possum Holler. Man I used to bleed Columbia Blue; from Dan Pastorini and Campbell to Moon, Drew Hill, and Mike Munchak. When they blew the infamous 32 point lead in Buffalo in the playoffs I swore I was done with them. However when I found myself looking forward to training camp that next year it was then I came to the realization that I was among the most wretched creatures God ever created - an Oilers fan.

When they left us however, it all changed.

Some were able to keep their loyalties, [I]hey it was Bud who screwed us, Bud and Steve Underwood moved the team! Has nothing to do with the players. Yeah I know, but I could never quite make that seperation.

When our Texans began play in the AFC South it was a natural rivalry - given the history anyway, maybe not necessarily between the players. Yet I think it is now. The Vince thing has helped. Certainly made it even more personal among the fans and I believe it has bled over to the players as well - he makes it so personal against us it naturally makes them want to beat him.

Now add the fact that the Titans have had some of the mouthiest players in the league it seems. Yeah a number of them have moved on over the last couple years like Haynesworth, Lindell White, Keith Bullock, and Kyle Vandenbosch. Yet punks like Cortland Finnegan, aka "Andre's *****", and Stephen Tulloch seem eager to take up the slack.

Rivalries make football the intense, awesome pastime that it is, and we seem to have a good one in the AFC South.
Im so ready for the season to begin; I'm ready to kick some Titan ass!

Rey
07-31-2010, 12:23 AM
I really dislike the Titans...

But for some reason I am more pupmed about the cowboys game. Maybe it's because I know so many of them and they're so close to us (many live in the same city as us) but this year I am pumped for the Cowboy game.

BSofA04
07-31-2010, 12:57 AM
Nothing gets me more pumped up than when we play the flaming meatballs from possum hollar. Bud can choke on a ****.

Sluggo
07-31-2010, 01:02 AM
I'm with you Rey. We play the Titans twice a year, the Cowgirls just once every four years. Besides we have to live and work beside obnoxious Cowgirls fans day in, day out. I have those knuckleheaded people throughout my family, so yeah the third game of our season this year is going to be really special!

Sluggo
07-31-2010, 01:05 AM
flaming meatballs

Can't say I've ever heard it expressed quite like that. Nice!

BSofA04
07-31-2010, 01:10 AM
Can't say I've ever heard it expressed quite like that. Nice!

Thanks. Read it on this board a few times. Their logo looks like a ghetto ass flaming meatball, not unlike their fans. Yahtzee!

StarStruck
07-31-2010, 02:01 AM
Boils down to do you still wish you had the Oilers more than the Texans. If the owner and the new franchise are so fantastic, why still belabor Bud moving on. Is Houston better or worse since their departure? If better, why hold on to the anger of Bud moving on? Are we blind to the new marriage to Houston because we can't deal with the divorce? The Oilers are gone and ain't coming back, let's not act as though we are settling for the new love.

brakos82
07-31-2010, 03:29 AM
Thanks. Read it on this board a few times. Their logo looks like a ghetto ass flaming meatball, not unlike their fans. Yahtzee!

Also:

Tacks
Titians
Inbred Children of Uranus (ICOU)

Pretty sure I'm forgetting a couple.

Kulluminatii
07-31-2010, 07:14 AM
Boils down to do you still wish you had the Oilers more than the Texans. If the owner and the new franchise are so fantastic, why still belabor Bud moving on. Is Houston better or worse since their departure? If better, why hold on to the anger of Bud moving on? Are we blind to the new marriage to Houston because we can't deal with the divorce? The Oilers are gone and ain't coming back, let's not act as though we are settling for the new love.

You brought up a very good point. I'm sure no one on these boards would trade the team & the players they have now for the Oilers & Bud. Although, it would have been nice for the bastard to leave the rights to the Oilers to the city of Houston.

Grams
07-31-2010, 07:21 AM

Exactly. The past is over and done with and you cannot change it.

GO TEXANS!!
:gotexans1

jaayteetx
07-31-2010, 08:20 AM
Finnegan is public enemy #1 as far as I'm concerned, straight up punk.

Sluggo
07-31-2010, 09:24 AM
Exactly. The past is over and done with and you cannot change it.

:gotexans1

Oh I'm well over losing the team. Perhaps I didn't make it clear in my original post, but my dislike for the Titans today primarily stems from them being in our division and the mouthy players on the team. Haynesworth's dirty helmet to helmet hit on Matt Schaub, etc.
Overall, now that we are past the fiasco that was the Charlie Casserly era I believe the Texans are a better organization because we have a better owner. Our owner signs the checks and leaves the running of the franchise to his football people - he would have never ordered his head coach to draft a player he didnt want.

Yes the past is over and done with. The Titans can stay in Possum Holler. Good riddance.

BSofA04
07-31-2010, 09:55 PM

Good point StarStruck. They're just so damn easy to hate though! :bender:

:fans:

Dan B.
07-31-2010, 11:23 PM
You brought up a very good point. I'm sure no one on these boards would trade the team & the players they have now for the Oilers & Bud. Although, it would have been nice for the bastard to leave the rights to the Oilers to the city of Houston.

this. I love my Texans, but it pisses me off when other teams wear their retro jerseys and we have to wear our third uniform instead. We have a proud history of pro football in this town that stretches back for over half a century, and it hurts that we can't honor our past. It's especially galling when it's the Tits wearing our old jerseys and some coach from Nashville is wearing a sweater with "Houston" on it.

There should be statues of Earl Campbell and Bum Phillips outside of Reliant. I'd love to be able to wear my old Warren Moon jersey to games and not confuse other fans as to which team I support. We suffered with these players when they lost and celebrated with them when they won. Nashville knows nothing about the long, often painful history of being an Oiler fan. Buncha johnny come latelies erected a museum in 1999 and think that's the same thing. They cornered the market on my childhood.

Sway
08-01-2010, 12:19 AM
I too felt so burned with the Oilers move.... but with the past 8 years living in San Antonio, my absolute hatred for the cowgirls has definately quadrupled. Everywhere I go, people are sporting cowgirl crud- at the school I work at everyone bashes the Texans- and I teach Texas history I mean come on!
All of the beer in town has cowboy logos, and I make it very clear that I refuse to buy it because of that. Do these people really have to have gargantuan stickers of the star on the truck for the entire year? At least the spurs nuts can say they're in the same friggin city. I walk into HEB with my Texans shopping bags (i do not like recyclable bags. what a pain) and I get nasty looks from shoppers and REALLY nasty looks from the baggers. Jerks. There are nothing but cowboy coolers, shirts, jerseys, etc. at the grocery stores AND at academy. I ask the academy managers why they don't carry Texan gear, and they tell me "we don't sponser that team". I find it funny they can tell me that when the academy logo is on the scoreboard at Reliant. I HATE this city! Wore my OD jersey yesterday and got a compliment- it made my day :-) I really hope we cream the 'girls in September.

Had to rant. sorry.:gun:

imatexan
08-01-2010, 02:48 AM

Not for me, I never was a big Oilers fan(granted I wads young) but I love the Texans way more.

Yet, I HATE the titans!

BSofA04
08-01-2010, 04:19 PM
I too felt so burned with the Oilers move.... but with the past 8 years living in San Antonio, my absolute hatred for the cowgirls has definately quadrupled. Everywhere I go, people are sporting cowgirl crud- at the school I work at everyone bashes the Texans- and I teach Texas history I mean come on!
All of the beer in town has cowboy logos, and I make it very clear that I refuse to buy it because of that. Do these people really have to have gargantuan stickers of the star on the truck for the entire year? At least the spurs nuts can say they're in the same friggin city. I walk into HEB with my Texans shopping bags (i do not like recyclable bags. what a pain) and I get nasty looks from shoppers and REALLY nasty looks from the baggers. Jerks. There are nothing but cowboy coolers, shirts, jerseys, etc. at the grocery stores AND at academy. I ask the academy managers why they don't carry Texan gear, and they tell me "we don't sponser that team". I find it funny they can tell me that when the academy logo is on the scoreboard at Reliant. I HATE this city! Wore my OD jersey yesterday and got a compliment- it made my day :-) I really hope we cream the 'girls in September.

Had to rant. sorry.:gun:

As a San Antonian, I feel your pain. I'm still looking for a shirt that says "If the Cowboys are America's team I don't want to be America, I'm a Texan" to wear around.

On another note, I booed the Cowboys when I was downtown on Friday because they stalled traffic in front of the Grand Hyatt...as I drove by in my truck. Wasn't drunk, actually heading back to work from lunch, just wanted to piss of the masses with "Go Texans" while Columbo (I think) was walking into the Greyhound bus.

StarStruck
08-02-2010, 04:09 PM
As a San Antonian, I feel your pain. I'm still looking for a shirt that says "If the Cowboys are America's team I don't want to be America, I'm a Texan" to wear around.

On another note, I booed the Cowboys when I was downtown on Friday because they stalled traffic in front of the Grand Hyatt...as I drove by in my truck. Wasn't drunk, actually heading back to work from lunch, just wanted to piss of the masses with "Go Texans" while Columbo (I think) was walking into the Greyhound bus.

Just our of sincere curiousity, why would the masses be pissed off? Colombo (I think)?

Double Barrel
08-02-2010, 04:30 PM

If broken hearts were so easily mended...

Yeah, the Houston Oilers are gone, but with Slug Adams dry-humping the oil derrick and colors out of greed, it's not like the "Oilers" are dead. We saw them in uniform a couple of times last season, and there is no reason to believe that The Rug will leave it at that. There's dollars in them thar hills!!

It's only a matter of time before the 'classic' Oilers uni (circa 1978) makes it's re-emergence, and it would not surprise me to see them tarnished in front of our Texans. It would be a classless move by Slug, but class has never been his M.O.

Bitter? Me? Memories do not die. Just this week the Houston Press has a cover story about Houston's greatest and worst sports moments. Any guess how many times the Oilers were mentioned? It's pretty much a given what the worst sports moment is by anyone with a pulse in 1993.

And then I have to hear / read all the historical revisionists year after year blame the Houston fans, media, and politicians for the Oilers leaving town. It's all horse crap, though, because we prove time and time again that it was ONE MAN who made that decision.

So yeah, let the wound heal...except for the constant scab picking and salt pouring by a few parties...obviously, greater success than 9-7 in 8 seasons by our Texans would help... :shades:

Texecutioner
08-02-2010, 04:56 PM
I really dislike the Colts over any other rivalry.

dc_txtech
08-03-2010, 10:58 AM

If some dude was banging my wife and it led to a divorce which then led to me finding a better wife, I might be happy that it happened but I'm not gonna go thank the dude that was banging my wife. If that makes sense...

thunderkyss
08-03-2010, 11:59 AM
I respect the Titans, the Colts, and the Jags. I think this is the best division in the league. I believe it is the toughest. I don't think the Jags are as bad as their record looked last year.

I think we are a much better team for having played in this division. If we can dominate this division (which I think we will from 2010 on) the rest of the league ain't got nothing on us.

spurstexanstros
08-04-2010, 04:43 PM
Also:

Tacks
Titians
Inbred Children of Uranus (ICOU)

Pretty sure I'm forgetting a couple.

dont foget flaming sparrow????? where is he anyway...mowing the yard i guess,

Hookem Horns
08-04-2010, 11:30 PM
I hate the Tennessee Titans. I mean I hate the Titans more than the Cowboys and believe me, thats saying something. I hate the Titans maybe the way I hate taxes and humidity.

Maybe it is because they broke my heart when they left us for Possum Holler. Man I used to bleed Columbia Blue; from Dan Pastorini and Campbell to Moon, Drew Hill, and Mike Munchak. When they blew the infamous 32 point lead in Buffalo in the playoffs I swore I was done with them. However when I found myself looking forward to training camp that next year it was then I came to the realization that I was among the most wretched creatures God ever created - an Oilers fan.

When they left us however, it all changed.

Some were able to keep their loyalties, [I]hey it was Bud who screwed us, Bud and Steve Underwood moved the team! Has nothing to do with the players. Yeah I know, but I could never quite make that seperation.

When our Texans began play in the AFC South it was a natural rivalry - given the history anyway, maybe not necessarily between the players. Yet I think it is now. The Vince thing has helped. Certainly made it even more personal among the fans and I believe it has bled over to the players as well - he makes it so personal against us it naturally makes them want to beat him.

Now add the fact that the Titans have had some of the mouthiest players in the league it seems. Yeah a number of them have moved on over the last couple years like Haynesworth, Lindell White, Keith Bullock, and Kyle Vandenbosch. Yet punks like Cortland Finnegan, aka "Andre's *****", and Stephen Tulloch seem eager to take up the slack.

Rivalries make football the intense, awesome pastime that it is, and we seem to have a good one in the AFC South.
Im so ready for the season to begin; I'm ready to kick some Titan ass!

I don't remember posting this and I don't remember signing in with the user name Sluggo. However I must have because this is me to a T.

If some dude was banging my wife and it led to a divorce which then led to me finding a better wife, I might be happy that it happened but I'm not gonna go thank the dude that was banging my wife. If that makes sense...

Exactly, I just don't get why some don't get it. The odd thing is no one ever questions why Cleveland fans hate Art Modell and the Ravens.

StarStruck
08-05-2010, 11:33 AM
I don't remember posting this and I don't remember signing in with the user name Sluggo. However I must have because this is me to a T.

Exactly, I just don't get why some don't get it. The odd thing is no one ever questions why Cleveland fans hate Art Modell and the Ravens.

I don't have a particular interest in Cleveland so this could be an assumption instead of a reality. For some reason I thought that Modell didn't tell the city of Cleveland or fans anything, just packed up in the wee hours of the night and headed out of town.

If true, even though offended I would prefer being told years in advance the departure was leaving rather than waking up to an empty house.

The Texans fans ended up with a more desirable owner, more bling than Bud offered if he would have stayed, yet some are still unhappy?

dc_txtech
08-05-2010, 03:31 PM
I don't have a particular interest in Cleveland so this could be an assumption instead of a reality. For some reason I thought that Modell didn't tell the city of Cleveland or fans anything, just packed up in the wee hours of the night and headed out of town.

If true, even though offended I would prefer being told years in advance the departure was leaving rather than waking up to an empty house.

The Texans fans ended up with a more desirable owner, more bling than Bud offered if he would have stayed, yet some are still unhappy?

I guess it's one of those "if you have to ask, you'll never know" deals.

Texan_Bill
08-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Finnegan is public enemy #1 as far as I'm concerned, straight up punk.

Fake-ass Irishman!

Blazing Arrow
08-05-2010, 05:40 PM
Blah blah blah.

Do you guys have a link that you just regurgatate this stuff from?

I guess I would hate the Texans too if they were good.

Double Barrel
08-05-2010, 05:49 PM

True, true, and who says we're unhappy? I am very happy with my hometown team, but that does not negate the classless, POS that is Slug Adams and his retarted flaming bag of shi...errr....meat.

Love and hate are two sides of the same coin. :spin:/:cutthroat:

Blah blah blah.

Do you guys have link that you just regurgatate this stuff from?

So does being an a-hole come natural or do you have to work at it? You're obviously very good at it, Trollboy. :loser

Blazing Arrow
08-05-2010, 05:51 PM
So does being an a-hole come natural or do you have to work at it? You're obviously very good at it, Trollboy. :loser

:cry2:

:thinking: speaking on a thread named "I Hate This Team" .... funny

spurstexanstros
08-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Blah blah blah.

Do you guys have link that you just regurgatate this stuff from?

He is back ...hide your leather and lock up your lawn mower... ( Bill can you find that gif for us again)

Blazin......speak of regurgitating.....I hope you have some pepto because you will feel like barfing after every team in the league hangs 30 on your defense. Yall have never had a secondary and now that Bullock and Vanden Winston's beeeyotch are gone you guys wont even have a pass rush. So put aside Your dreams of CJ running for 2500 because you guys will be behind alot and the ball will be in Radio's hands...so iprepare yourself for alot of wounded ducks and 123 run Vince run and maybe yall can keep it close.

Blazing Arrow
08-05-2010, 06:03 PM
Never had a secondary? Do you actually watch the sport of do you come on here to use it as a dating sight? 2 years ago we sent 3 of our secondary to the probowl.

Hookem Horns
08-05-2010, 06:07 PM

No, that was the Colts that left in the middle of the night. Modell did the same as Adams, bitched about needing a new stadium, etc then finally took off for a better deal. However I don't see the difference.

If you wake up one morning and find your wife has ran off with another man, or she tells you in advance that she is running off with another man, what's the difference?? She is still a winch.

The only reason Bud Adams didn't leave Houston overnight is because he couldn't due to his contractual obligations to the Astrodome.

So if the Cowboys moved to Boise Idaho and became the Idaho Potato Heads you would have no ill feelings towards your former team or Jerry Jones? (assuming you would not be one of those morons that would still support a team that turns its back on its fanbase)

spurstexanstros
08-05-2010, 06:08 PM
"What Secondary?'- Andre Johnson

spurstexanstros
08-05-2010, 06:15 PM
That is my point BA...two years ago when yall had the fat psycho Vanden winston's beeyotch and Bullock putting pressure on the qb...who is gonna do that now...last year yalls secondary was exposed ....what is going to happen this year.

Blazing Arrow
08-05-2010, 06:17 PM
"There was another Johnson on the field?"

-Chris Johnson

Blazing Arrow
08-05-2010, 06:20 PM
That is my point BA...two years ago when yall had the fat psycho Vanden winston's beeyotch and Bullock putting pressure on the qb...who is gonna do that now...last year yalls secondary was exposed ....what is going to happen this year.

Funny how every year you guys say we are going to be terrible and every year we out preform. Maybe good coaching is what you guys should look into? :fingergun:

JB
08-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Funny how every year you guys say we are going to be terrible and every year we out preform. Maybe good coaching is what you guys should look into? :fingergun:

9-7>8-8

Do you see us trolling the tits board? Do they even have one? Yeah, that right, they do. Thanks to the goodness of Hook-em Horns and TT!

Blazing Arrow
08-05-2010, 06:33 PM
9-7>8-8

Do you see us trolling the tits board? Do they even have one? Yeah, that right, they do. Thanks to the goodness of Hook-em Horns and TT!

Well lets see I have been a member longer then you. I respect Hookem but he did not help my board. Yes some of your members come to our board and know they are going to get it just like I expect your board not to bend over and agree with me all the time.

Wow one winning season. Is the statue up yet? How were the playoffs? Oh wait sorry.

JB
08-05-2010, 07:02 PM
So you been a troll a long time. What's your point?

Blazing Arrow
08-05-2010, 07:07 PM
geez someone woke up on the wrong side of there moms couch ....

JB
08-05-2010, 07:10 PM

:lol:

Where mom?

Rey
08-05-2010, 07:11 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:RC94pLSlnjoXFM:http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e18/RaidersBoi/calvin_titans.gif&t=1

Rey
08-05-2010, 07:18 PM
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:pM_z7c07pBo_AM:http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d131/swtbound07/titanslogorough.jpg&t=1

Blazing Arrow
08-05-2010, 07:18 PM

Where mom?

Making you a grilled cheese? :pirate:

JB
08-05-2010, 07:23 PM
Making you a grilled cheese? :pirate:

I don't eat cheese, but I wish she could make me something...

Blazing Arrow
08-05-2010, 07:32 PM
I don't eat cheese, but I wish she could make me something...

Not sure how to take that .... if you are saying she passed then I was just joking around with you and my condolances.

If not then she is probably making the cape for your super hero costume you wear to bed.

JB
08-05-2010, 07:34 PM
Not sure how to take that .... if you are saying she passed then I was just joking around with you and my condolances.

Thanks. No she has not passed, just does not live in my area any more

If not then she is probably making the cape for your super hero costume you were to bed.

StarStruck
08-05-2010, 10:55 PM
No, that was the Colts that left in the middle of the night. Modell did the same as Adams, bitched about needing a new stadium, etc then finally took off for a better deal. However I don't see the difference.

Thanks for the correction. See how much I remember.

If you wake up one morning and find your wife has ran off with another man, or she tells you in advance that she is running off with another man, what's the difference?? She is still a winch.

Not necessarily, it depends on the husband.

The only reason Bud Adams didn't leave Houston overnight is because he couldn't due to his contractual obligations to the Astrodome.

I believe that Bud really wanted to stay, but Bob Lanier called his bluff.

So if the Cowboys moved to Boise Idaho and became the Idaho Potato Heads you would have no ill feelings towards your former team or Jerry Jones? (assuming you would not be one of those morons that would still support a team that turns its back on its fanbase)

I would just have to settle in for the new location since the fan base can be everywhere. :handshake: Since Dallas didn't vote to move the Cowboys to Dallas, I would be cool with the named being dropped now. It would, however, be a tremendous travel disadvantage. I will ignore the assumption.:this:

OBTW, I am on a limb out here assuming this is the Smack Thread.

imatexan
08-06-2010, 12:41 AM
"There was another Johnson on the field?"

-Chris Johnson

I knew Chris Johnson wasn't the smartest guy but is he really this dumb!?

Blazing Arrow
08-06-2010, 01:38 AM
I knew Chris Johnson wasn't the smartest guy but is he really this dumb!?

Do you actually read threads or pound your head on the keyboard until something comes out? Last I checked Chris Johnson out played AJ in each game. Almost doubling output.

Did AJ's cleats goto Canton?

imatexan
08-06-2010, 02:33 AM
Do you actually read threads or pound your head on the keyboard until something comes out? Last I checked Chris Johnson out played AJ in each game. Almost doubling output.

I find it funny that you say such a thing when your post has NOTHING to do with what a wrote, fail!

Chris Johnson has only played 2 years, AJ has been a beast for 7...AJ still has him beat and AJ also showed you how to handle a long term contract situation with class!

Dan B.
08-06-2010, 03:27 AM

Each game, huh?

I'm not surprised you put it out of your memory, but did CJ double Andre's output in this one? (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_ylt=AiYLoq0U5ZIwpppPnjHiGFT.uLYF?gid=200812 14034)

Blazing Arrow
08-06-2010, 03:45 AM
I find it funny that you say such a thing when your post has NOTHING to do with what a wrote, fail!

Chris Johnson has only played 2 years, AJ has been a beast for 7...AJ still has him beat and AJ also showed you how to handle a long term contract situation with class!

Ok so I do exactly what you did in my post and it is a fail hmmmm :gun:

First off time in the league does not represent talent. You compared the two; I just pointed out without saying it CJ has an MVP. How many does AJ have? CJ's will be remembered in the HOF .... will AJ? IDK .... CJ's contract has nothing to do with it but he is one of a handful to reach the 2K plateau and is one of the lowest paid RBs in the league.

How many playoff games has AJ played in?

In those 7 seasons how many times has the team had a winning record?

CJ might not be the sharpest tool in the shed but he can put a team on his back and carry them to victory. Hands down I would rather have Chris Johnson on my team then A Johnson if forced to make the choice.

Blazing Arrow
08-06-2010, 03:48 AM
Each game, huh?

I'm not surprised you put it out of your memory, but did CJ double Andre's output in this one? (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/recap;_ylt=AiYLoq0U5ZIwpppPnjHiGFT.uLYF?gid=200812 14034)

They were 2 seperate comments. CJ put up better numbers in both games.

CJ almost put up double his output from last season in the games combined.

But I would add the 284 all purpose and 3 TDs vs 149 and 2 TD is pretty darn close to doubling.

Austrian
08-06-2010, 07:04 AM
*Blah blah* CJ's will be remembered in the HOF .... will AJ? *hot air*

Here you go (http://www.profootballhof.com/story/2009/11/18/andre-johnsons-memorable-08-season/)

Texan_Bill
08-06-2010, 07:12 AM

Dude, SORRY!!! She told me she was single. How was I supposed to know??

TD
08-06-2010, 07:25 AM
Ok so I do exactly what you did in my post and it is a fail

http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z187/amiker77/fail2.jpg

Texan_Bill
08-06-2010, 07:33 AM
http://s190.photobucket.com/albums/z187/amiker77/fail2.jpg

http://www.dreamstime.com/seal-of-approval-eps-largethumb3180870.jpg

dc_txtech
08-06-2010, 07:55 AM
Dude, SORRY!!! She told me she was single. How was I supposed to know??

BILL!!!!:pissed:

thunderkyss
08-06-2010, 09:31 AM
CJ might not be the sharpest tool in the shed but he can put a team on his back and carry them to victory. Hands down I would rather have Chris Johnson on my team then A Johnson if forced to make the choice.

CJ rushes for 2000 yards. You end the season at 8-8. & you think CJ Carried you to victory.

CJ is not the dullest tool in the shed either.

Texan_Bill
08-06-2010, 09:38 AM

:spit:

Thanks for playing BA!! :lol:

Dan B.
08-06-2010, 11:09 AM

But I would add the 284 all purpose and 3 TDs vs 149 and 2 TD is pretty darn close to doubling.

So you were only referring to 2009? You left out half of Chris Johnson's career? Why would you do that?

Rey
08-06-2010, 11:24 AM

I'm thinking CJ probably touched the rock twice as much as well.

No one is saying he's not a good player...But to compare All purpose yards of a RB to receiving yards for a WR is kinda pointless...

The thing is CJ had that great season and you guys went 8-8. That's not carrying anyone IMO. Also, history tells us he's not likely to repeat that performance or even come close to it again. Also, by nature of him being a RB and getting all those carries you guys are so proud of, it'll undoubtedly shorten his career.

I guess what I'm saying is....I hope you guys enjoyed what he did last year

Texan_Bill
08-06-2010, 11:44 AM
I'm thinking CJ probably touched the rock twice as much as well.

Try 4 x's:

CJ - 408 total touches.

AJ - 103 total touches.

JB
08-06-2010, 11:56 AM
Try 4 x's:

CJ - 408 total touches.

AJ - 103 total touches.

So that extra 305 touches got him an extra 930 yds

3.05 yds per touch...meh

Blazing Arrow
08-06-2010, 12:27 PM
Try 4 x's:

CJ - 408 total touches.

AJ - 103 total touches.

How many times was he thrown to and did not catch the ball?

Blazing Arrow
08-06-2010, 12:28 PM
So you were only referring to 2009? You left out half of Chris Johnson's career? Why would you do that?

The comment was made about last season so that is what I was comparing. It is not possible to judge there careers because CJ has not been in the league as long as AJ.

Texan_Bill
08-06-2010, 12:56 PM
How many times was he thrown to and did not catch the ball?

Rarely. Did you see that catch at Tennessee last season?

Here it is if you need to see it again: Verner is my ***** (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fS_Gxgz6EQ)

Blazing Arrow
08-06-2010, 01:07 PM
Rarely. Did you see that catch at Tennessee last season?

Here it is if you need to see it again: Verner is my ***** (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fS_Gxgz6EQ)

No one ever said AJ is not good. Actually to be honest I would say he in the top 3 WR playing right now.

Also notice they bring up he dropped to easy ones earlier. Rarely is probably an understatement.

BTW during that game I was talking to Childress and I told him AJ was about to drop a ton on us if Cecil did not pull his head out and get Harper off of AJ.

spurstexanstros
08-06-2010, 01:23 PM
Well lets see I have been a member longer then you. I respect Hookem but he did not help my board. Yes some of your members come to our board and know they are going to get it just like I expect your board not to bend over and agree with me all the time.

Wow one winning season. Is the statue up yet? How were the playoffs? Oh wait sorry.

Well I dont think you get statues for playoff losses do you if so Spud would have alot.

Texecutioner
08-06-2010, 02:23 PM
The comment was made about last season so that is what I was comparing. It is not possible to judge there careers because CJ has not been in the league as long as AJ.

I don't believe for one second that you would rather have CJ over AJ. A top elite WR is always going to be a better weapon to have than a top elite RB. For one they last longer in their careers, and for two you don't have to have a top elite RB to have a good running game. You need a good O line and you can be alright and you certainly don't have to have the best running game in the league to be successful. With WR's it's different. You can't just expect to have a great passing game because your O line is good or because you have a real good QB. QB's need weapons and elite level WR's like AJ or Fitz are hard to come by while finding a great RB can be pretty easy to come by.

gary
08-06-2010, 02:25 PM
Let's just quite the bashing and have a chat while comparing stats from both teams. It's really easy.

Blazing Arrow
08-06-2010, 02:58 PM
I don't believe for one second that you would rather have CJ over AJ. A top elite WR is always going to be a better weapon to have than a top elite RB. For one they last longer in their careers, and for two you don't have to have a top elite RB to have a good running game. You need a good O line and you can be alright and you certainly don't have to have the best running game in the league to be successful. With WR's it's different. You can't just expect to have a great passing game because your O line is good or because you have a real good QB. QB's need weapons and elite level WR's like AJ or Fitz are hard to come by while finding a great RB can be pretty easy to come by.

I think the point is debatable. I agree a RB will not have as many quality seasons as a WR will but I also think a good RB is not that easy to come by as you make it sound. Each player works well on there respective teams. The Texans have always liked to play a much more open offense and an elite WR compliments that. The Titans play Fisher ball. Grind it out and clock management. An elite RB works well in that system. Remember we also have VY as our QB who has accuracy issues and before that we had Collins who is notorious for under throwing the ball and setting his WRs up for injury. On the Titans I would rather have the elite RB hands down.

Grams
08-06-2010, 03:19 PM
An elite WR would be wasted on the Titans. You don't have anyone that can throw him the football.

ChampionTexan
08-06-2010, 03:30 PM
An elite WR would be wasted on the Titans. You don't have anyone that can throw him the football.
http://cache.deadspin.com/sports/vinceyoung.gif

Double Barrel
08-06-2010, 03:59 PM

"Morons" is a nice way to put it... :boogereater:

I believe that Bud really wanted to stay, but Bob Lanier called his bluff.

Actually, it's the opposite. We can dig up the news stories, but Lanier caved and Bud still moved the team.

Besides, ONE MAN owns the team. A mayor cannot force a team to move. That decision was made by ONE MAN. If Slug wanted to stay, he sure had a strange way of showing, but I'm not buying it for a minute when documented history is on the side that shows his greedy intentions.

Let's just quite the bashing and have a chat while comparing stats from both teams. It's really easy.

It's the smack forum, Gary. The talk you're looking for will be in the forum called The National Football League. This particular forum requires thick reptilian skin. :)

HOU-TEX
08-06-2010, 04:24 PM
Blah blah blah.

Do you guys have a link that you just regurgatate this stuff from?

If not then she is probably making the cape for your super hero costume you wear to bed.

Tsk, tsk, these errors coming from somebody who went to a College that most all of us wouldn't be able to get in to?

Come on, FlamingWheelbarrow, hop on your sybian and go back to fantasizing about VY and CJ making a sausage sandwich out of you.

Blazing Arrow
08-06-2010, 04:42 PM
Tsk, tsk, these errors coming from somebody who went to a College that most all of us wouldn't be able to get in to?

Come on, FlamingWheelbarrow, hop on your sybian and go back to fantasizing about VY and CJ making a sausage sandwich out of you.

Almost entirely based on my math skill. When you only miss one question in the math sections on the ACT and SAT plus take AP math classes it goes a long way. Never professed to be a grammatical wiz.

I see you still can't actually think of anything football related to say. At least you are consistent.

thunderkyss
08-06-2010, 05:13 PM

:redface:

Texan_Bill
08-06-2010, 08:58 PM
http://cache.deadspin.com/sports/vinceyoung.gif

:texanbill: I haven't posted Uncle Rico in a long time....

Texan_Bill
08-06-2010, 09:02 PM
Almost entirely based on my math skill. When you only miss one question in the math sections on the ACT and SAT plus take AP math classes it goes a long way. Never professed to be a grammatical wiz.

I see you still can't actually think of anything football related to say. At least you are consistent.

Ummmm, I know I am coming in here a little late and probably missed a lot since our exchange this afternoon, BUT when it comes to football takes - I have a lot of respect for HOU-TEX... So, with that said, you may want to step lightly.

JB
08-06-2010, 09:07 PM
Ummmm, I know I am coming in here a little late and probably missed a lot since our exchange this afternoon, BUT when it comes to football takes - I have a lot of respect for HOU-TEX... So, with that said, you may want to step lightly.

:clap: Totally agree with this.

Blazing Arrow
08-06-2010, 10:38 PM

If I see them I will let you know. Sure jab at what I know about football but look at his general tone in rival. It is always you are gay or your make typoes. I respect knowledge when offered. I respect several members on this board and hand them props when deserved IMO. If comments never have anything to do with football how am I supposed to respect the knowledge?

This is not the first time I have brought this up either. My argument has several holes in it. I was just warming up for regular season. Need to work the cobwebs out of my smack.

imatexan
08-07-2010, 02:21 AM
Here you go (http://www.profootballhof.com/story/2009/11/18/andre-johnsons-memorable-08-season/)

Ownage.

Man I am excited, flaming arrow smack talk signifies football season is soon!

Txn_in_Oki
08-07-2010, 06:56 AM
It is always you are gay or your make typoes.

I think it's typos.

thunderkyss
08-07-2010, 08:45 AM
It is always you are gay or your make typoes.

It should be "you make typos."

although either spelling of typos is acceptable, I just think it looks cleaner without the "e"

And no one here is calling you gay. We just think you & your gay QB has a lot in common.

Not that there is anything wrong with that.

spurstexanstros
08-08-2010, 10:43 PM
So BA I guess my boardmates distracted you from my ownage of your secondary.....who do they have to stop our wrs when there is going to be zippo pressure on Matty. Your d-line is now sub par to ours....(yes I know I am saying our d-line sucks) the Texans have Mario and a really good set of linebackers and an offense that can hang 30 on anyone....so who in your secondary can stop anyone?

spurstexanstros
08-08-2010, 10:49 PM

this is not original smack...I hear it twice yearly....it is preseason so I will give you some slack. You need to sharpen up your smack.

The Texan fans on here are in mid season form...:clap:

Where are your Titan fans compadres..is Bullock going to change SN? and crazy the Titan?

ReliantTexan
08-09-2010, 12:44 AM
Actually I think CJ's cleats(along with all the titans players) were immediately sent to canton following that historic 59-0 a** pounding at the hands of the patriots. It's not everyday that a player is a part of the most lopsided loss in modern sports history. :bravo: