PDA

View Full Version : Official 2010 Training Camp Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ryan
07-29-2010, 09:09 AM
Might as well get the ball rollin. People report today. :fans:

Anyone else going to the saturday practice? For those who have been on the 2nd day before, are the pads usually out or is that saved for a different day?

Joe Texan
07-29-2010, 09:11 AM
We will be there in the morning

rmartin65
07-29-2010, 09:14 AM
My thanks go out to everyone that goes and reports back here. It is extremely helpful to all of us that cant make it.

Texan_Lee
07-29-2010, 09:45 AM
I'm working on making it out Saturday and Sunday mornings... Will be there if I can!!

The Pencil Neck
07-29-2010, 10:32 AM
My thanks go out to everyone that goes and reports back here. It is extremely helpful to all of us that cant make it.

I agree. Thanks, guys!

JWarren14
07-29-2010, 10:45 AM
I will be there Friday morning and also August 7th.

gary
07-29-2010, 10:45 AM
I will be out there but do not have a way to report untill I get home.

badboy
07-29-2010, 11:14 AM
Someone keep an eye on Cole Pemberton the 6'7" tackle. Any info appreciated. I expect him to be "lost" first week or so.

Cjeremy635
07-29-2010, 11:24 AM
I'll be there in the morning and I'll report back when I get home. Can you take a camera to practice?

Vinnie
07-29-2010, 11:29 AM
We took one without a problem when we went two years ago. I doubt that's changed.

76Texan
07-29-2010, 11:29 AM
I will be out there but do not have a way to report untill I get home.

Say hi to the twins for me, won't ya! :hurrah:

b0ng
07-29-2010, 11:54 AM
For those who have been on the 2nd day before, are the pads usually out or is that saved for a different day?

If I remember right they usually go with shells at the begining of TC.

gary
07-29-2010, 11:56 AM
Say hi to the twins for me, won't ya! :hurrah:I sure will.

jaayteetx
07-29-2010, 12:02 PM
Someone keep an eye on Cole Pemberton the 6'7" tackle. Any info appreciated. I expect him to be "lost" first week or so.

Who's that? Undrafted free agent?

rmartin65
07-29-2010, 12:25 PM
Who's that? Undrafted free agent?

Yep, out of Colorado State.

I am especially interested in the rookies (both drafted and undrafted) if people would please provide info on them.

valleytexfan
07-29-2010, 06:47 PM

Agreed 100%!

TimeKiller
07-29-2010, 06:53 PM
I think it's safe to say you got that rep comin' if you take notes and post 'em.

redwhiteANDblue
07-29-2010, 06:57 PM
I'm most likley going to be out there so just let me know what to look out for and I'll report back.

Cjeremy635
07-29-2010, 10:14 PM
I'll definately be there and report back what I can. I won't make it back home to my PC until around noon or so, so try to be patient.

JB
07-29-2010, 10:17 PM
I'll definately be there and report back what I can. I won't make it back home to my PC until around noon or so, so try to be patient.

But, but... we want it NOW!

Cjeremy635
07-29-2010, 10:21 PM
But, but... we want it NOW!

Shoot....I want it now! I have been foaming at the mouth for tomorrow for the last 6 months. 8:00 am can't come soon enough....:fans:

JB
07-29-2010, 10:24 PM
Shoot....I want it now! I have been foaming at the mouth for tomorrow for the last 6 months. 8:00 am can't come soon enough....:fans:

Ain't that the truth! :goodpost:

Wolf
07-29-2010, 10:28 PM
this is semi off topic

I know Andy posts training camp pics and such (http://www.texansbullpen.com/)

is this his facebook (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000090094351&ref=search) page?

JB
07-29-2010, 10:37 PM
this is semi off topic

I know Andy posts training camp pics and such (http://www.texansbullpen.com/)

is this his facebook (http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000090094351&ref=search) page?

I'm pretty sure that "Not Found" is not it.

Wolf
07-29-2010, 10:40 PM
I'm pretty sure that "Not Found" is not it.

the link is saying "not found" ..:thinking: weird it is loading for me
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000090094351&ref=search

I did a facebook search for Texans Bullpen and it comes up with a place but it is set to private and shows no fans or anything , so I was just checking

JB
07-29-2010, 10:43 PM
the link is saying "not found" ..:thinking: weird it is loading for me
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000090094351&ref=search

All I get is...

The page you requested was not found

Kaiser Toro
07-29-2010, 10:54 PM
Things I would love to happen at TC:

- Glover Quin takes the biggest leap of all "veteran" CBs

- Pollard brings his tenacity to TC, and solidifies himself as a team lead

- Earl Mitchell pushes Okoye

- Jacoby Jones becomes a WR

- Duane Brown works harder than any other OLineman and is ready to play 21 games

- Orlovsky, after refusing to believe that he ran out of the end zone years ago, is diagnosed with Heinsbergen Syndrome.

JB
07-29-2010, 11:01 PM
Things I would love to happen at TC:

- Glover Quin takes the biggest leap of all "veteran" CBs

- Pollard brings his tenacity to TC, and solidifies himself as a team lead

- Earl Mitchell pushes Okoye

- Jacoby Jones becomes a WR

- Duane Brown works harder than any other OLineman and is ready to play 21 games

- Orlovsky, after refusing to believe that he ran out of the end zone years ago, is diagnosed with Heinsbergen Syndrome.

I was right there with ya until the last one...I have no clue what that means.

Cjeremy635
07-29-2010, 11:03 PM
I was right there with ya until the last one...I have no clue what that means.

ditto! LMAO

dalemurphy
07-30-2010, 12:51 AM
Position battles heading into training camp:

Part One: Offense Skill Positions

QUARTERBACKS:

Last year was the first season Kubiak kept three Qbs on the 53 man roster. In order for John David Booty to make this roster, he will have to be extremely impressive in camp and in the preseason. Barring an injury, it is doubtful Booty remains on the team. More likely, is that a young QB is picked up and placed on the practice squad. Kubiak seems encouraged by Dan Orlovsky’s development this off-season. Improved decision-making and accuracy will be something to watch for with Orlovsky this preseason. Matt Schaub entered the status of the elite NFL QBs with his 2009 performance. Aaron Rodgers is the only other NFL QB with less than 50 starts in the NFL who rated in the top 10 in vital quarterbacking statistics like: QB rating, Yards per attempt, Completion %, 3rd down conversion rate, etc last season.

Week one prediction: 1)Schaub 2) Orlovsky.

RUNNING BACKS:

Finally! Finally! Finally, we enter training camp with a group of running backs not held together by tape, knee braces, and prayers. Whether the perceived depth is a mirage or not will be determined when and if Steve Slaton is discovered to be fully healthy from his spinal injury last season. Ben Tate, a very talented but somewhat untested rookie from Auburn, will join Steve Slaton and Arian Foster in a very interesting competition for carries. Other than the fact that Slaton is the better receiver of the group and a willing blocker, it is uncertain how those carries will shake out. There seems to be genuine excitement and confidence emanating from the coaching staff regarding Foster. More than his late season flurry, I think the staff is excited because they see a serious and committed worker (something they didn’t think he was last summer). The Texans will keep 3 or 4 RBs on the 53 man roster. Jeremiah Johnson could potentially work his way onto the team with a healthy preseason. He is an explosive open field runner in his second year out of Oregon. Because he is still practice squad eligible, I think it is unlikely that he makes the roster. Chris Henry (former Tennessee second round pick) is a beast of a man with great speed but has showed very little on the football field, including his college years at Arizona… but, he is also someone to keep an eye on in camp.

It is only an educated guess, but I expect Foster to receive the bulk of the carries on 1st and 2nd down in the early weeks and Slaton to play in long yardage and 3rd downs until the staff gains confidence in Ben Tate’s ability to handle protection assignments. I think Johnson is placed on practice squad and Henry is released. They would like to keep 4 RBs but I think the clutter of talent at WR and TE will prevent it. *One other note: look for packages using Trindon Holliday as a running back. He played the position some in college and it would be a way to justify his active status on gameday as a returner, while providing a little depth and creating some potential mismatches against opposing defenses. He’s listed as a WR right now ( but I have a hunch that he will get a look as a specialty RB).

Week one prediction: 1a) Arian Foster 1b)Steve Slaton 3)Ben Tate

http://www.texansbullblog.com/

False Start
07-30-2010, 08:26 AM
AJ is in the house. :cool:

IBleedTexans
07-30-2010, 08:35 AM
AJ is in the house. :cool:
I figured he'd be there. Mclame was reporting aj might hold out. Andre loves the game too much . How's k Jack doing

False Start
07-30-2010, 08:49 AM
McNair just said on 610 that they will get Andre's contract taken care of, great news! :bravo:

BSofA04
07-30-2010, 09:20 AM
McNair just said on 610 that they will get Andre's contract taken care of, great news! :bravo:

Thanks for the update! Great news indeed.:bravo:

stevn8r
07-30-2010, 09:38 AM
McClain_on_NFL Andre Johnson just made an incredible 60 yd catch from Matt Schaub with Glover Quin all over him. #Texans

I am begining to like twitter more!
I WISH I WAS THERE!!!!!!!

BIG TORO
07-30-2010, 09:41 AM

Good news Thanks!

SAMURAITEXAN
07-30-2010, 09:57 AM
Guys, please feeding me more TC news. I can't get much info here in Japan. Thanks in advance.

Go Texans!!!

El Tejano
07-30-2010, 10:10 AM
Ok, now that everyone is in camp and busting tail, time for us to be praying that no injuries occur like they usually do on the first day - rest of camp.

Señor Stan
07-30-2010, 10:11 AM
Ok, now that everyone is in camp and busting tail, time for us to be praying that no injuries occur like they usually do on the first day - rest of camp.

Dude...did you start yelling "Galarraga has a perfect game going!" in the 9th inning couple months back?

nero THE zero
07-30-2010, 10:37 AM
Let's hope we see more and more of this:
HoustonDiehards

Hell yeah that's what I'm talkin' bout. RT @BigRon281: Antwaun Molden runnin w/ #1's in 11-on-11 drills. And lookin VERY good.

JWarren14
07-30-2010, 10:37 AM
Schaub looked sharp, hit AJ for 6 deep in the endzone.

Pollard and Wilson will be a solid combo as long as Wilson stays healthy, Pollard loves to come up for contact with WR.

Booty looked the worst of the QBs, he might have been just trying to do to much, he kept throwing deep, had one picked off.

Jacoby and Barwin were sucking wind on the sideline, JJ threw up, but to his credit he went back out and was on the field.

Trindon Holliday is really that small.

Nolan made a solid play knocking down a pass.

Tate looked OK, dropped a pass in the middle of the field.

Chris Henry actually looked pretty good, maybe it was just the hair. Big battle at RB this camp.

No pads today so hard to get a good look at folks, but wasn't bad for the first day.

HouSportsWriter
07-30-2010, 10:48 AM
Warren14

aww man i thought he was 6 foot 3 and 270 pounds boy was i wrong

IBleedTexans
07-30-2010, 11:13 AM
Warren14

aww man i thought he was 6 foot 3 and 270 pounds boy was i wrong

This was either an attempt at really bad sarcasm, or an attempt to mock him, either way. ..............

Epic fail! Lmao funny

Cjeremy635
07-30-2010, 11:43 AM
We just got home and it was AWESOME! We went to the track area between the two field and had a great view of everything that was going on. I didn't pay that much attention to the "big nasties"....sorry you linemen lovers.

Things that rocked:
I got a high five from Jacoby Jones when they were moving from the far field to the close field.

I got a head nod from Cushing....I was wearing a Cushing shirt.

My daughter almost got stepped on by Andre Johnson. She was sitting on the ground when they were switching fields. She looked up and was speechless.....he's her idol and she was star struck. I just kept saying, "how cool was that, Andre almost stepped on you!"

I got 2 autographs!

I saw Gary, his mom, and his aunt.

Things I noticed:
Cushing looked tired and I'm not sure where his intesity level is at. I haven't ever been to a practice before, so I'm not sure what level they are normally going at and it was the first day, so this may not be an issue when all is said and done.

Bernard Pollard is a BEAST! That guy is intense in everything he does. He looked great out there and was blowing up the sled during the DB drills. He seemed to have more fire than any of the other DBs.

Andre looked to be in probowl form. He caught some really nice passes and I was glad to see him in camp.

Foster looked like he's ready to pick up where he left off last year. He was hitting the holes really well and looked quick. I saw Slaton, but it wasn't until the 11 on 11 drills, IIRC. (atleast that's when I noticed him)

Chris Henry looked pretty good back there as well.

Tate was there, but I didn't get a really good look at him running the ball. There was A LOT going on.

Shaub looked to be in great form. He was making some really good throws and the guys made some great catches too. He seems to be on the same page with his receivers.

There is a pretty significant drop off ffrom Shaub to the other QBs, which is to be expected.

I took a shit load of photos and I'll try to upload them when I get a chance. I didn't take notes, so I have a lot of thoughts jumbled in my head that are going to have to processed before I can finish giving a better summary. I'm just trying to post a little something for those salivating.

Cjeremy635
07-30-2010, 11:51 AM
Oh yeah.....I talked to David Anderson. I told him that I saw his stand-up act and he looked like he didn't know what to say. He ended up saying it wasn't him and that he didn't know what I was talking about. (he was smiling....one of those full of shit smiles)

painekiller
07-30-2010, 12:04 PM
After the morning practice, I only have a few observations to share.

DTs
Look out for Mitchell. He is showing everything he was billed to show. WOW is all I can say.

Sheppard also impressed my with his quickness. He is appearing like a steal.

Okam looks like he is on his way out.

If the guys play like I saw the sacks should be up from last season. The inside guys will be cause enough disruption that the outside should have a huge season.

OL
Studdard has shown even more growth, his anchor has gotten even better.

Brisiel surprised me at LG, he looked quicker than last season.

And I have to add this Myers is looking solid.

RB

Foster is showing a lot. He is looking very explosive in the first 5 yds. Nice.

As for the rookies that every one want to hears about, I was over on the 2nd field and did not get to see a lot of the CBs work, so not much to report.

And a last note, Holiday is like a bug, a super fast bug that you cannot squash.

HOUFan
07-30-2010, 12:11 PM
I will be there tomorrow...for anyone that went today, how did the autograph lottery thing go? This will be my first time going so I don't know what the procedure is as far getting there early to get bleacher seats?

Revolution
07-30-2010, 12:15 PM
Things I noticed:
Cushing looked tired and I'm not sure where his intesity level is at. I haven't ever been to a practice before, so I'm not sure what level they are normally going at and it was the first day, so this may not be an issue when all is said and done.

Bernard Pollard is a BEAST! That guy is intense in everything he does. He looked great out there and was blowing up the sled during the DB drills. He seemed to have more fire than any of the other DBs.

Andre looked to be in probowl form. He caught some really nice passes and I was glad to see him in camp.

Foster looked like he's ready to pick up where he left off last year. He was hitting the holes really well and looked quick. I saw Slaton, but it wasn't until the 11 on 11 drills, IIRC. (atleast that's when I noticed him)

Chris Henry looked pretty good back there as well.

Tate was there, but I didn't get a really good look at him running the ball. There was A LOT going on.

Shaub looked to be in great form. He was making some really good throws and the guys made some great catches too. He seems to be on the same page with his receivers.

There is a pretty significant drop off ffrom Shaub to the other QBs, which is to be expected.

I took a shit load of photos and I'll try to upload them when I get a chance. I didn't take notes, so I have a lot of thoughts jumbled in my head that are going to have to processed before I can finish giving a better summary. I'm just trying to post a little something for those salivating.

I agree with everything you said. I thought Tate also looked good for his first TC practice. I thought JDB was much crisper than Orlovsky. Niether held a candle to Schaub.

I love Pollard and the way he plays the game.

I think Cush is fine. He seems to be pacing himself, having been through a TC before. He and DeMeco were just talking things through today.

BIG TORO
07-30-2010, 12:36 PM
[QUOTE=Cjeremy635;1482837]We just got home and it was AWESOME! We went to the track area between the two field and had a great view of everything that was going on. I didn't pay that much attention to the "big nasties"....sorry you linemen lovers.

Things that rocked:
I got a high five from Jacoby Jones when they were moving from the far field to the close field.

I think he gave you that High five so he could clean his hand, he had just been vomiting.

Revolution
07-30-2010, 12:43 PM
Booty looked the worst of the QBs, he might have been just trying to do to much, he kept throwing deep, had one picked off.

I know his passes were a little off today, but his mechanics and his reads were much better than Orlovsky today. One day, can't really put too much stock either way...

Cjeremy635
07-30-2010, 12:45 PM
I took 162 photos at camp this morning. I have a slow ass satellite internet connection, so bare with me. Here's a few to wet your whistle, I'll keep em' coming.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp010.jpg

[http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp020.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp079.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp080.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp104.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp107.jpg

Austrian
07-30-2010, 12:47 PM
Thanks guys for all the updates. Well appreciated.

dc_txtech
07-30-2010, 12:52 PM
Thanks guys for all the updates. Well appreciated.

:clap:

GP
07-30-2010, 12:56 PM
I can't give rep to cjeremy, but want to say "Thanks" for the pics and notes.

Thanks to the other people who have supplied info, too.

kiwitexansfan
07-30-2010, 12:59 PM
Let's hope we see more and more of this:

Molden, that is a sight for sore eyes, I was SOOOO high on him his first year.

Cjeremy635
07-30-2010, 01:02 PM
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp113.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp139.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp123.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp145.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp053.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp039.jpg

Honoring Earl 34
07-30-2010, 01:03 PM
Cushing still looks big .

redwhiteANDblue
07-30-2010, 01:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdX_TrSp10g

Matt Schaub Interview.

drewmar74
07-30-2010, 01:04 PM
Man - I'd hate to think that I had to line up across from AJ every day in practice.

kiwitexansfan
07-30-2010, 01:05 PM
I took 162 photos at camp this morning. I have a slow ass satellite internet connection, so bare with me. Here's a few to wet your whistle, I'll keep em' coming.

Who is the guy on the right, Okam? Looks BIG, like overweight big.

kiwitexansfan
07-30-2010, 01:06 PM
Man - I'd hate to think that I had to line up across from AJ every day in practice.

If I was a young DB it would be the best education you could ever get. Best WR in the league and a nice enough guy that he would probably give you some tips and tricks along the way.

IDEXAN
07-30-2010, 01:08 PM
Probably not Trindon Holliday.

El Tejano
07-30-2010, 01:09 PM

considering the corner of the number in front of the jersey, I think that is a 7 which would be #97 who I believe is Frank Okam.

kiwitexansfan
07-30-2010, 01:10 PM
Just went over to the 'official' message boards to see if I could get anymore reports on TC, and it was a ghost town..... sad face.

Hadn't logged in over there since 09-03-2008 and now I remember why.

Honoring Earl 34
07-30-2010, 01:14 PM
Probably not Trindon Holliday.

Might have eaten Holliday .

No More 8-8's
07-30-2010, 01:21 PM
I am so pumped about tomorrow. Cant wait to see the guys in action.

Where's Owen Daniels by the way?

Ryan
07-30-2010, 01:23 PM
I am really having trouble printing out my tickets. I got my confirmation emails but nothing is telling me how to print them so can someone walk me through?

Cjeremy635
07-30-2010, 01:24 PM
I am so pumped about tomorrow. Cant wait to see the guys in action.

Where's Owen Daniels by the way?

He was there, but not in uniform. He's still expected to be ready by the start of the season though. I've got a pic with him in it, I'll try to find it and post it.

gary
07-30-2010, 01:39 PM
I have some thoughts but you'll have to deal with me because it's not as easy to see being I am in a wheelchair. Also, the players kept changing fields and it's not as easy for me to run back and forth when they break up the team on two different fields. Matt and AJ looked great going six yards deep endzone pass that was beastly IMO. I think Chris Henry is really pushing to make the roster but it's going to be tough with three guys ahead of him at least. We'll have to wait and see how he does this preseason though. Maybe a nice surprise to look foward to but only time will tell. Who knows? I also have to say Chris Myers really held his own out there to my surprise. Foster seem to have picked up where he left off last season and Slaton looked healthy but not as sharp which is to be exspected coming off an injury. Tate looked ok for his first day at NFL camp ever. I don't see a roster spot in the making for Frank Okam he just does not seem to have the want but that has always been the story with him and it's still early on in camp. Matt was the best of all the QB's as he should be since he is the starter but it looked to me like possibly JDB had a little edge over Dan O. There is a very nice battle shaping up among all running backs on the roster. Pollard continued to bring his A game and knock the piss out of people. Mitchell and the other DT rookies looked awesome as well for their first day. And Cushing did look somewhat different in person to me but my eyes could have been fooling me. Thats about all I have for right now. I also chatted with Eric Winston and the O line at the autograph table that was fun. By the way, did anyone else see the Cowboys fan get thrown out for bothering the players during practice? Lol.

Section516
07-30-2010, 01:54 PM
Don't mean to be a Debbie Downer, but Chris Henry is known for looking amazing in practice, but can't translate it to the field. Hope it transitions for him.

Cjeremy635
07-30-2010, 01:55 PM
I have some thoughts but you'll have to deal with me because it's not as easy to see being I am in a wheelchair. Also, the players kept chaning fields and it's not as easy for me to run back and fourth when they break up the team on two different fields. Matt and AJ looked great going six yards deep endzone pass that was beastly IMO. I think Chris Henry is really pushing to make the roster but it's going to be tough with three guys ahead of him at least. We'll have to wait and see how he does this preseason though. Maybe a nice surprise to look foward to but only time will tell. Who knows? I also have to say Chris Myers really held his own out there to my surprise. Foster seem to have picked up where he left off last season and Slaton looked healthy but not as sharp which is to be exspected coming off an injury. Tate looked ok for his first day at NFL camp ever. I don't see a roster spot in the making for Frank Okam he just does not seem to have the want but that has always been the story with him and it's still early on in camp. Matt was the best of all the QB's as he should be since he is the starter but it looked to me like possibly JDB had a little edge over Dan O. There is a very nice batt;e shaping up among all running backs on the roster. Pollard continued to bring his A game and knock the piss out of people. Mitchell and the other DT rookies looked awesome as well for their first day. And Cushing did look somewhat different in person to me but my eyes could have been fooling me. Thats about all I have for right now. I also chatted with Eric Winston and the O line at the autograph table that was fun. By the way, did anyone else see the Cowboys fan get thrown out for bothering the players during practice? Lol.

I saw the cops and heard the booing, but I wasn't too sure what exactly happened.

GP
07-30-2010, 02:22 PM
considering the corner of the number in front of the jersey, I think that is a 7 which would be #97 who I believe is Frank Okam.

Ah, great detective skills El Tejano. Nicely done.

GP
07-30-2010, 02:24 PM
I have some thoughts but you'll have to deal with me because it's not as easy to see being I am in a wheelchair. Also, the players kept chaning fields and it's not as easy for me to run back and fourth when they break up the team on two different fields. Matt and AJ looked great going six yards deep endzone pass that was beastly IMO. I think Chris Henry is really pushing to make the roster but it's going to be tough with three guys ahead of him at least. We'll have to wait and see how he does this preseason though. Maybe a nice surprise to look foward to but only time will tell. Who knows? I also have to say Chris Myers really held his own out there to my surprise. Foster seem to have picked up where he left off last season and Slaton looked healthy but not as sharp which is to be exspected coming off an injury. Tate looked ok for his first day at NFL camp ever. I don't see a roster spot in the making for Frank Okam he just does not seem to have the want but that has always been the story with him and it's still early on in camp. Matt was the best of all the QB's as he should be since he is the starter but it looked to me like possibly JDB had a little edge over Dan O. There is a very nice batt;e shaping up among all running backs on the roster. Pollard continued to bring his A game and knock the piss out of people. Mitchell and the other DT rookies looked awesome as well for their first day. And Cushing did look somewhat different in person to me but my eyes could have been fooling me. Thats about all I have for right now. I also chatted with Eric Winston and the O line at the autograph table that was fun. By the way, did anyone else see the Cowboys fan get thrown out for bothering the players during practice? Lol.

Just gave you rep, and it boosted you 15 points. You deserve it! Thank you for filling us in on what you saw. And...you gave us a description of what went down with the cops (An unruly Cowboys fan! Bah! Away with him!).

Keep up the good work.

GP
07-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Football. Is. In. The Building.

I repeat: Houston, we have football!

:boogie:

Cjeremy635
07-30-2010, 02:26 PM
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp045.jpg

My shout out to Gary. Their camera crapped out, so I told them I'd post some pics.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp047.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp061.jpg

To the poster who asked about Owen, he's in the blue long sleeve shirt and wearing the white headband.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp100.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp093.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp096.jpg

El Tejano
07-30-2010, 02:30 PM
Ah, great detective skills El Tejano. Nicely done.

I try my best.

GP
07-30-2010, 02:32 PM
I wonder if Reliant needs to go FieldTurf.

That's a whole 'nuther topic, though.

Cjeremy635
07-30-2010, 02:54 PM
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp103.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp119.jpg

I thought this photo was pretty cool.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp137.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp138.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp142.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp155.jpg

gary
07-30-2010, 02:54 PM
Here is a photo of me and coach Joe.
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee312/gary1992/002.jpg

JB
07-30-2010, 02:55 PM
Mr. Intensity

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx307/TexanJB/BP.jpg

And a Joe Texan sighting
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx307/TexanJB/JoeT.jpg

More pics at the Link (http://www.houstontexans.com/gallery.asp?section_id=826)

Cjeremy635
07-30-2010, 02:56 PM
Here is a photo of me and coach Joe.
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee312/gary1992/002.jpg

Cool pic Gary! How did I miss seeing him? I guess I was looking elsewhere, there was A LOT to see. My brain was in football overload and I was loving it.

gary
07-30-2010, 02:58 PM
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee312/gary1992/004.jpg

Cjeremy635
07-30-2010, 03:02 PM
Mr. Intensity

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx307/TexanJB/BP.jpg

And a Joe Texan sighting
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx307/TexanJB/JoeT.jpg

More pics at the Link (http://www.houstontexans.com/gallery.asp?section_id=826)

Those were some really good photos at the link, thanks for posting JB!

El Tejano
07-30-2010, 03:03 PM
Cool pic Gary! How did I miss seeing him? I guess I was looking elsewhere, there was A LOT to see. My brain was in football overload and I was loving it.

Looks like Rackers and Kubiak were in the back of the pic too.

gary
07-30-2010, 03:04 PM
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee312/gary1992/003.jpg

BSofA04
07-30-2010, 03:10 PM
So Briesel is playing LG now? Where did Studdard go?

painekiller
07-30-2010, 03:42 PM
So Briesel is playing LG now? Where did Studdard go?

They were rotating. And both look good.

Cjeremy635
07-30-2010, 03:56 PM
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp011.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp014.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp056.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp071.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp078.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp083.jpg

JB
07-30-2010, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the pics Jeremy. Have you posted the catch yet?

Cjeremy635
07-30-2010, 04:06 PM
Thanks for the pics Jeremy. Have you posted the catch yet?

Which one? The one where Andre caught the TD and the crowd went wild? If that's the one you're talking about, I didn't get it. I got caught up watching everything and didn't even grab the dang camera. I watched the play go down though, but I would have liked to have gotten that pic.

pbat488
07-30-2010, 04:07 PM
CHOKESLAM!!!! Compliments of Captain Insano. (http://www.houstontexans.com/uploads/photo/thumbs/12825.jpg)

drs23
07-30-2010, 04:08 PM
So when do full pads and contact come. Tomorrow? Monday?

Texans_Chick
07-30-2010, 04:09 PM
Here's my training camp writeup for FanHouse:

Youthful Texans Open Camp With Optimism, Questions (http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/07/30/youthful-texans-open-camp-with-optimism-questions/)

Nothing in it is likely things that you don't already know--For the AOL audience, I'm mostly writing for a national audience--particularly fantasy football types. It's hard to shift gears to write for non-diehards.

I got the feeling that Foster felt very comfortable with what he was doing and Tate was not. Because of the contract negotiations, he didn't even know if he was going to practice today. He's mostly focusing on the playbook.

Cjeremy635
07-30-2010, 04:32 PM
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp097.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp117.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp121.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp141.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp153.jpg

HouSportsWriter
07-30-2010, 06:32 PM
how long those it take to get in the place if you get there and wait thru the line

any 1 know it is 30min - 45min at most right lol

76Texan
07-30-2010, 06:38 PM
Props to all of ya! :clap::texflag:

alphajoker
07-30-2010, 06:38 PM
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp142.jpg

Weird not seeing 'Robinson' on the back of that jersey anymore. Not that I'm missing him or anything

valleytexfan
07-30-2010, 06:50 PM

[http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp020.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp079.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp080.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp104.jpg

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l81/cjeremy635/TexansTrainingCamp107.jpg

Wow. Props, man. Major props. Repped. Thanks!

redwhiteANDblue
07-30-2010, 06:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlM_zRCwxZg

WOW! BP is a beast.

JB
07-30-2010, 06:55 PM

WOW! BP is a beast.

Nice! Great find Rainbow! Pollard makes the rest look like Puh...Cees!

False Start
07-30-2010, 07:08 PM
Nice! Great find Rainbow! Pollard makes the rest look like Puh...Cees!

No doubt! :wild:

The others looked like they were playing patty-cake.

GuerillaBlack
07-30-2010, 07:11 PM

WOW! BP is a beast.

BP knockin that oil spill outta ya!

JB
07-30-2010, 07:12 PM
Love the confidence from Jackson...

“I’m running with the first group and getting a chance to show what I can do and earn some trust from the other guys so that they’ll believe in me and believe that I can do the things that need to be done as a player,” he said.

“I don’t really feel any pressure. If I come out and do what I’m capable of doing, learn the defense and learn the different things I have to do on the different plays… if I do that, then I think I’ll be successful.”

Link (http://www.houstontexans.com/blog/index.asp?post_id=1263)

gary
07-30-2010, 07:13 PM
This is old but watch this layout from BP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJKdpsZi_10

dalemurphy
07-30-2010, 07:23 PM
BIG NEWS!!

CB Pierre Singfield was released today!

jaayteetx
07-30-2010, 07:30 PM
BIG NEWS!!

CB Pierre Singfield was released today!

Who?

Texan_Bill
07-30-2010, 07:38 PM
Listening to John Harris on 1560 this afternoon, he was saying Arian Foster was looking really well. Running down hill, seeing the seem and making his cuts... He went on to say that Steve Slaton would have a good play and then be hesitant on the next play. Ben Tate looked a little unsure of himself (to be expected, of course). And Jeremiah Johnson looked really good, too.

John Harris was a little afraid that Jeremiah Johnson may have missed his window of opportunity because of his injury and IR last year (implying that, had he showed this last year AND not gotten hurt) that the Texans may have selected a safety in the second round in lieu of Ben Tate....

Who knows, but it was good stuff...

I got pumped over his analysis of Arian Foster though.....

dalemurphy
07-30-2010, 07:39 PM
Who?

UDFA rookie CB who was on the 80 man roster...

Here's a little training camp trivia for you: Who can tell me how many players are currently on the roster from Colorado State University? and name them (no cheating!)

CloakNNNdagger
07-30-2010, 07:45 PM

At around 350, white over your belly is not going to make you look small.:thinking:

GP
07-30-2010, 07:49 PM
UDFA rookie CB who was on the 80 man roster...

Here's a little training camp trivia for you: Who can tell me how many players are currently on the roster from Colorado State University? and name them (no cheating!)

Pemberton is one. Big lineman with knee brace on right knee.

David Anderson, WR?

CloakNNNdagger
07-30-2010, 07:53 PM
TOO LONG TO POST BUT here is a lengthy piece of interesting DAY 1 QUOTES FROM TRAINING CAMP (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=6234)

Lots of material. What caught my eye especially was Okoye's remarks and Mario's apparent defensiveness.

GuerillaBlack
07-30-2010, 08:06 PM
TOO LONG TO POST BUT here is a lengthy piece of interesting DAY 1 QUOTES FROM TRAINING CAMP (http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=6234)

Lots of material. What caught my eye especially was Okoye's remarks and Mario's apparent defensiveness.

Wow Amobi:

DT Amobi Okoye
(on if he agrees with the assessment that he has room for improvement) "Of course. Like I said, there's definitely room for improvement, but has the criticism been fair? Not at all, so it's left up to me to make those improvements and get those stats so that people can be off my back."

(on if he is dealing with criticism better now than he did when he was younger) "Yeah, without a doubt. I've grown a lot and going into year four and I'm only 23. And as I always say to those who criticize me, ‘What were you doing at 23? What were you doing at 22? Tell me that.' I've never been a person to boast or brag about my accomplishments, but when you get those criticisms and you hear things like that, you feel like you've got to speak up a little bit. I'm just looking forward to the 2010 season."

dalemurphy
07-30-2010, 08:16 PM
Pemberton is one. Big lineman with knee brace on right knee.

David Anderson, WR?

not bad:

Pemberton
David Anderson
Mike Brisiel
Jesse Nading
Shelly Smith
Joel Dressen

http://www.texansbullblog.com/roster-2010-season-cushing-mario-andre-johnson-training-camp/

Texas T
07-30-2010, 08:21 PM
A great big thanks to everyone who posted.
Those of us who are not able to attend really do appreciate it.
Passed as much rep as possible!!:clap:
:clap:

kiwitexansfan
07-30-2010, 09:30 PM

Nice to see Okoye getting fired up, hopefully he brings that attitude to the field and not just to the reporters/fans.

CloakNNNdagger
07-30-2010, 09:55 PM
Nice to see Okoye getting fired up, hopefully he brings that attitude to the field and not just to the reporters/fans.

I have mixed feelings about part of his quote.

(on if he is dealing with criticism better now than he did when he was younger) "Yeah, without a doubt. I've grown a lot and going into year four and I'm only 23. And as I always say to those who criticize me, ‘What were you doing at 23? What were you doing at 22? Tell me that.' I've never been a person to boast or brag about my accomplishments, but when you get those criticisms and you hear things like that, you feel like you've got to speak up a little bit. I'm just looking forward to the 2010 season."

And does he always say to those who criticize him, ‘What were you making at 23? What were you making at 22? Tell me that.

Ryan
07-30-2010, 11:12 PM
I'm hoping to see some pads and hitting tomorrow. CAn't wait!

GP
07-31-2010, 12:32 AM
I want Amobi Okoye off this team. Just pack your crap and move on already.

BSofA04
07-31-2010, 12:45 AM
I have mixed feelings about part of his quote.

And does he always say to those who criticize him, ‘What were you making at 23? What were you making at 22? Tell me that.

Yeah Cloak I agree with you 100% about the mixed feelings. I still have an unsettling feeling that Amobi still doesn't get "it". He hasn't matured where we want him to be.

Rey
07-31-2010, 12:47 AM
I want Amobi Okoye off this team. Just pack your crap and move on already.

Who would play DT opposite Cody?

BSofA04
07-31-2010, 12:52 AM
Who would play DT opposite Cody?
Earl Mitchell man! LOL I know you were being facetious.

GP, this is make or break for Amobi. I don't think he has any more leash left.

kiwitexansfan
07-31-2010, 07:02 AM
I don't think Okoye is on his last legs with the team. He is a starter every game he is fit and pretty much has been since he was drafted.

He hasn't lived up to what we hoped he could become but does that mean that he should be cut?

SAMURAITEXAN
07-31-2010, 07:52 AM
Thank yall for who posted TC info and pictures. Again, thanks.

Go Texan!!!

Cjeremy635
07-31-2010, 11:17 AM
Any news from training camp this morning? I would have liked to have gone again, but I got called out to work. :cutthroat:

IBleedTexans
07-31-2010, 12:00 PM
Any news from training camp this morning? I would have liked to have gone again, but I got called out to work. :cutthroat:

Holliday looked really good on punt returns

Ryan
07-31-2010, 12:39 PM
Here's some things i picked up on while being out there today:

Kareem Jackson got burned horribly one time by Andre Davis. I didn't see what exactly happened but i think it was due to lack of knowledge in the playbook. Other than that he looked alot like a rookie, hopefully that will change quickly.

If week 1 started today, Glover Quin would be our #1 CB. He was sticking with AJ like glue although AJ still made a bunch of tough catches.

Antwan Molden looked very fast and agile out there today. If he can stay healthy, i think he will be a great addition in our secondary.

Troy Nolan made a really nice play on a ball and dropped the pick. From what i saw he looked solid. But hopefully he won't see much of the field due to Pollard and Wilson staying healthy and dominating.

John David Booty was throwing better than everyone today, but take that with a huge grain of salt.

Trindon Holliday is our new KR/PR. We might have a Hester on our hands, but faster.

Dorin Dickerson was very solid across the board today. He made some nice catches and looks like he has some potential. I see him making the final cut.

Arian Foster looked very good today, Slaton was solid at times, Ben Tate looked like a rookie, J. Johnson looked okay, and Chris Henry also looked very good. Hopefully he can stay healthy as well.

The #2 WR spot is far from settled. I think JJ gives K-Dub some serious competition.

The TE position is what we expected...crowded. Graham also looks like an OD type, Dreesen is Dreesen, Casey keeps improving, and the other few camp fodder names weren't horrible either.

I didn't pay too much attention to the lines due to no pads and it was tough to see from where i was sitting anyway.

Take this for what it's worth.

76Texan
07-31-2010, 12:51 PM
I don't think Okoye is on his last legs with the team. He is a starter every game he is fit and pretty much has been since he was drafted.

He hasn't lived up to what we hoped he could become but does that mean that he should be cut?

Our interior D-line play was better than some folks here gave them credit for (or in this case, discredit).

Mitchell will replace Zgonina who played well for the Texans last year (so well that other fan favorites couldn't see much of the field).

Okoye may see fewer snaps, but that shouldn't be a knock on him.
(Because if it is, then the reverse should be true: that he's really really good since he saw the field a lot last year. Only Mario and Smith were out there more; and Smith, by not much.)

gary
07-31-2010, 01:17 PM
Trindon is small but road runner fast JJ better hope he makes the roster as a wideout and I think he will. I got there late and did not watch much but it's pretty much the same stuff. Booty did throw the best out there but that really does not mean a lot except maybe he'll be number two but I don't know. A deep backfield is what you'd see at camp right now with Foster ahead of the bunch imo. Ryan pretty much nailed it though with his post. There might be some surprises in the secondary with players who were injured last season. Well, that is my small update for today at least it's something for you out of towners to read. I plan on taking photos of the team on the field to post sometime within the next few days but this is all I have for right now. I hope you like it.

76Texan
07-31-2010, 01:22 PM
Trindon is small but road runner fast JJ better hope he makes the roster as a wideout and I think he will. I got there late and did not watch much but it's pretty much the same stuff. Booty did throw the best out there but that really does not mean a lot except maybe he'll be number two but I don't know. A deep backfield is what you'd see at camp right now with Foster ahead of the bunch imo. Ryan pretty much nailed it though with his post. There might be some surprises in the secondary with players who were injured last season. Well, that is my small update for today at least it's something for you out of towners to read. I plan on taking photos of the team on the field to post sometime within the next few days but this is all I have for right now. I hope you like it.

Thanks again, Gary and all the peeps for the reports!:texflag:

SheTexan
07-31-2010, 01:22 PM
For those who care, the Texans have a facebook page and have posted some good pics.

b0ng
07-31-2010, 01:33 PM
isn't chris mortensen from ESPN at camp this morning or today?

kiwitexansfan
07-31-2010, 01:37 PM
Super excited to see if Holliday's timed speed translates to NFL production.

Great to hear Molden and Nolan looking lively and useful. Maybe we can stay healthy in the secondary and make a leap forward defensively.

Ryan
07-31-2010, 01:38 PM

Yes i saw their bus on the way over to the facility today.

gary
07-31-2010, 01:41 PM
He reported from Houston on sportscenter at noon.

barrett
07-31-2010, 01:58 PM
guys here (http://www.texansbullblog.com/training-camp-depth-notes-day/news/) are some of my observations from training camp this morning.

We'll have pictures up soon.

http://www.texansbullblog.com/training-camp-depth-notes-day/news/

D-Frank
07-31-2010, 02:04 PM
Andre was uncoverable. When he was on the field with all the wr'ers and cb's, he just looks like he belongs in a different world. head and shoulders above everyone else. (duh) schooled the rook couple times and beat GQ easily on about a 7 yrd slant. oh, and YES Andre looked fast!

walter looked slow, we are limited imo with the ways we can use him. i heard he got faster that obviously aint true. he was good with his short route running, gettin
open

jackson's jam off the line is very impressive, man he puts a pop on the wr and is very good at transistioning after the bump. got beat on a double move (flag type)
route by Andre davis for a longg td from Schaub(perfect throw) was in his hip pocket the whole way then got shook. he also got beat on some short routes

quin is/was my boy. imo he doesnt look as good as i thought being we cant see game film of all his plays, he got beat on a lot of short intermediate routes, not just by AJ. and its not that he looks bad, im just not as high on him as i was b4.

Schaub was great, super accurate specially on the deep 1. to davis.

trindon returned 2 punts for a td, beat arian to the edge on 1, then slaton on the other and was gone on both. looked great, he also caught the ball well today i didnt see any drops. couldtn see him cuz they was on the second field in the begining but a cb jammed holliday in 1on1s and pancaked him lol

pollard was great. looked like the leader back there.

off todays practice who was the best cb? Antwaun Molden UNANIMIOUSLY
he has a good jam, good transition, and once he was in the wr's hip pocket, he
STAYED there. very impressive. diff wr's were takin him on all diff type of routes and he was just right there and didnt get shook.

These are just my observations, i liked what i saw out there. i had a great time it was my first and i got there early and sat at the 50 in the stands at the top by a real nice guy who i follow on twitter and read many of his articles mr AJTexans, Alan Burge. what a nice guy and great time i had talkin football with him and Andy the photograper, great job he does

rmartin65
07-31-2010, 02:56 PM
Which rookie is looking the best thus far?

Lucky
07-31-2010, 03:04 PM
Which rookie is looking the best thus far?
Holliday (as a punt returner). Even among NFL players, Trindon's speed and acceleration are remarkable. Holliday's ability to change gears from blinding fast to warp speed will serve him well.

pbat488
07-31-2010, 03:33 PM

He reported from Houston on sportscenter at noon.

Link of his report here..

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5426388&categoryid=2378529

dalemurphy
07-31-2010, 03:41 PM
Holliday (as a punt returner). Even among NFL players, Trindon's speed and acceleration are remarkable. Holliday's ability to change gears from blinding fast to warp speed will serve him well.

Lucky, I agree... But, it will be interested to see what happens to him when he can get hit. Here are some of my observations from camp today:

Barrett covered a lot of it in his post. However, we split up and I would like to highlight a few things I noticed :

1. Chris “Catfish” White lived up to his nickname today. Five minutes into practice, he walked towards the fence on the north endzone, unzipped his pants, and relieved himself! I got a picture of it (well, not of it but of his backside) but Barrett was insistent that I should leave him alone… So, it’s quite blurry. I may post it later, anyway.

2. Mike Brisiel is still walking with a pronounced limp. He says he can manage the pain but I’m worried about it. I shot a 30 second video of Brisiel limping which I will post today as well.

3. Frank Okam is 360 lbs of unmotivated flesh. The coaches and players were constantly trying to encourage and motivate him but he looked lazy and disinterested and he was very upright and stiff in every drill he participated in.

4.It is clear, watching the oline reps, that they have settled on Antoine Caldwell as the starting RG.

5. Molden looked very good most of the time. He was agile and very fast. He diagnosed routes well and close or recovered quickly. I did notice some big mistakes by him in press, though.

6. Sherick McMannis worked on drills and thenran sprints after practice. Perhaps he is struggling with a minor injury and isn’t cleared for contact right now? I’m not sure.

7. Deljuan Robinson looked big, strong, and healthy… and, focused. I think he will be heavily involved in the DT rotation on run downs (after all, if Okam gets cut, he’s the only 300lb+ DT on the roster).

8. Amobi Okoye is freakin’ ripped!! He looked like Andre’ Johnson’s big brother. His arms were sculpted and he looked extremely strong and fit. I did notice that he was sucking wind pretty early into the practice, though. Hopefully, it is a result of his high intensity.

9. Bernard Pollard is the clear leader of the defense and maybe the team. He was intense, vocal, and fun all in one. On a water break, a fan nearby asked him how he’s doing and this was his response: “Ready to put those pads on. This ain’t my game right here”

other notes: Keep an eye 2nd year CB, Mark Parson. He’s running with the third team but he had two picks yesterday and was very physical and really locked down on WRs when given reps. I’m sure the team would like to keep 4 OTs. There are clearly three OTs that will make the roster. Early on, it appears that Cole Pemberton, rookie from Colorado State University, has the edge.

PADS TOMORROW!!!!!!

http://texansbullblog.com

dalemurphy
07-31-2010, 03:42 PM
Pictures from practice today:

http://www.texansbullblog.com/images/2010training-camp/

drewmar74
07-31-2010, 03:45 PM
This is great stuff. I'll sit down on Monday and give out all the rep I can until I'm maxed out. To those of you who are hitting the practices, thanks a TON for the information. It's great stuff.

I'm more than cautiously optimistic on what I'm hearing about Foster, GQ, Molden, and Holliday.

The good reports on Schaub and AJ, while great, don't surprise me. I guess I don't expect anything less than excellence out of those cats.

TEXANS84
07-31-2010, 03:52 PM
Zac Diles posted on his twitter:

"Got stung by a bee and had a vein explode in my are while gettin an I.V. this mornin....day has to get better from here haha..."

ATXtexanfan
07-31-2010, 04:15 PM
This is old but watch this layout from BP.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJKdpsZi_10

that one never gets old

mexican_texan
07-31-2010, 04:19 PM
other notes: Keep an eye 2nd year CB, Mark Parson. He’s running with the third team but he had two picks yesterday and was very physical and really locked down on WRs when given reps.

I've been on his bandwagon since last year. I think he'll easily be better than Bennett.

MojoMan
07-31-2010, 04:39 PM
Do any of you guys have any observations about the play of Dan Orlovsky? I hate to be the one to say it, but Matt Schaub has not made it through an entire season yet, so the play of our backup QB could by key. So while I hope that this it the year that Schaub plays the entire season without a scratch, or even anything as much as chapped lips for that matter, our #2 QB does need to be ready to step in, if necessary.

pbat488
07-31-2010, 04:51 PM
Do any of you guys have any observations about the play of Dan Orlovsky? I hate to be the one to say it, but Matt Schaub has not made it through an entire season yet, so the play of our backup QB could by key. So while I hope that this it the year that Schaub plays the entire season without a scratch, or even anything as much as chapped lips for that matter, our #2 QB does need to be ready to step in, if necessary.

He played every game last year.

HouSportsWriter
07-31-2010, 05:00 PM
bp danceing *funny*:kitten:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23PFEUi1fdA&feature=related

MojoMan
07-31-2010, 05:29 PM

He was out for part of a couple of games, unless I am mistaken.

In any case, is it your sense that the Texans or Texan's fans should just blindly assume that Schaub will remain that healthy again this coming year? In fact, the backup QB position is actually quite important in the NFL. I have not seen any statistics on this point, but I believe that more often than not the starting QB of an NFL team will spend some time on the bench during the regular season due to injury.

Dan Orlavsky, as the backup QB of the Houston Texans, could very quickly become one of the most important players on this team. For that reason, I am interested in his progress, and in his abilities as a QB for this team. Perhaps I am the only Texan's fan who feels this way, but I doubt it.

J_R
07-31-2010, 05:29 PM
Not sure if already posted but Chris Mortensen was in town today. Talked to Schaub and Kubiak and about OD and Cushing in the end.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5426388

Edit: a bit off topic but... @mortreport (http://twitter.com/mortreport): Texans owner Bob McNair made it clear he's going to reward Andre Johnson w a huge contract soon.

sometexansfan
07-31-2010, 05:38 PM

He missed a quarter or something close to that against Jacksonville, but that was it.

Rey
07-31-2010, 05:40 PM

Yes he did play every game, but Grossman played for like a quater and a half when Schaub hurt his ankle I believe...

edit: I see it's already been posted..

Rey
07-31-2010, 05:46 PM

In any case, is it your sense that the Texans or Texan's fans should just blindly assume that Schaub will remain that healthy again this coming year? In fact, the backup QB position is actually quite important in the NFL. I have not seen any statistics on this point, but I believe that more often than not the starting QB of an NFL team will spend some time on the bench during the regular season due to injury.

Dan Orlavsky, as the backup QB of the Houston Texans, could very quickly become one of the most important players on this team. For that reason, I am interested in his progress, and in his abilities as a QB for this team. Perhaps I am the only Texan's fan who feels this way, but I doubt it.

I haved mixed feelings about the back-up QB being important. Most of the top QB's in the leauge are top QB's because they play a majority of their games...Even if you look at the Tom Brady situation, that was a one year type situation and no one outside of the patriots facilities really knew what Cassell was going to do for them.

But if you look at the good to really good QB's around the leauge they play in most if not all of their games. Also, if a team is having to play their back-up QB, the odds of they probably aren't going to do too good anyways.

Rey
07-31-2010, 05:53 PM
I'll be going to the practice on Aug 2nd....Very excited

I've been to atleast on practice for the last three years, but going to this one has a different feeling..

MojoMan
07-31-2010, 05:59 PM
I'll be going to the practice on Aug 2nd....Very excited

I've been to atleast on practice for the last three years, but going to this one has a different feeling..

Well, I am excited for you. I went one time about five years ago, but it was really kind of hot and sticky out there. So I am just going to try to live vicariously through you guys who like to attend, if that's OK.

Any chance you could peek in on Dan Orlavsky while you are out there? Hopefully he never gets a chance to play during the regular season, but if he has to, it would be nice to have a sense that he is at least somewhat close to being ready.

;)

Rey
07-31-2010, 06:03 PM
Well, I am excited for you. I went one time about five years ago, but it was really kind of hot and sticky out there. So I am just going to try to live vicariously through you guys who like to attend, if that's OK.

Any chance you could peek in on Dan Orlavsky while you are out there? Hopefully he never gets a chance to play during the regular season, but if he has to, it would be nice to have a sense that he is at least somewhat close to being ready.

;)

I'll report on everything I see, but I'll look for Dan-o just for you Mojo...

But about the hot and sticky, I went to one last year and the weather was awesome...Overcast skies, about 75 degrees out, and there was a cool wind blowing...

Every other time it's been just like you described though..

MojoMan
07-31-2010, 06:07 PM
I'll report on everything I see, but I'll look for Dan-o just for you Mojo...

But about the hot and sticky, I went to one last year and the weather was awesome...Overcast skies, about 75 degrees out, and there was a cool wind blowing...

Every other time it's been just like you described though..

Thanks! I appreciate that!

I will be looking forward to your report.

gary
07-31-2010, 06:38 PM
I am sorry my reports were not as good today or in deapth they'll be better tomorrow.

MojoMan
07-31-2010, 07:02 PM
I am sorry my reports were not as good today or in deapth they'll be better tomorrow.

Well, thanks for offering whatever reports that you do. For people like me that are too lazy to go out there, your efforts are greatly appreciated. And I thought your remarks earlier about John David Booty were very good. Everybody is quick to comment about the performance of Matt Shaub, Andre Johnson, Mario Williams and the other big-name stars. But it is the insightful remarks about the backups that really stand out, and that serve to inform many of us about players who could help to make or break this team either later this season, or in the years to come.

I should have said something about it earlier. I am glad to hear that JDB is looking strong out there so far. Personally, I would be shocked if he wins the #2 QB as a new player to the team with virtually no NFL regular season experience. However, if Kubiak thinks he can develop Booty as a project from the #3 position, then that is great news. I will look forward to following his progress. If he ends up as a solid player for the Texans, that will truly be a great story for this team.

Gary, thanks for your contributions today from practice.

GuerillaBlack
07-31-2010, 07:06 PM

;)

I hope Dan has plenty of opportunity to play this season. Specifically the second half of fourth quarters. ;)

gary
07-31-2010, 07:07 PM
Well, thanks for offering whatever reports that you do. For people like me that are too lazy to go out there, your efforts are greatly appreciated. And I thought your remarks earlier about John David Booty were very good. Everybody is quick to comment about the performance of Matt Shaub, Andre Johnson, Mario Williams and the other big-name stars. But it is the insightful remarks about the backups that really stand out, and that serve to inform many of us about players who could help to make or break this team either later this season, or in the years to come.

I should have said something about it earlier. I am glad to hear that JDB is looking strong out there so far. Personally, I would be shocked if he wins the #2 QB as a new player to the team with virtually no NFL regular season experience. However, if Kubiak thinks he can develop Booty as a project from the #3 position, then that is great news. I will look forward to following his progress. If he ends up as a solid player for the Texans, that will truly be a great story for this team.

Booty might just shock all of us you never know but it's all up to Gary at this point.

Honoring Earl 34
07-31-2010, 07:09 PM
Booty might just shock all of us you never know but it's all up to Gary at this point.

Gary said he's impressed , can't get enough Booty . :rake:

gary
07-31-2010, 07:13 PM
Really?

Honoring Earl 34
07-31-2010, 07:19 PM
Really?

Joke Gary , it's a joke .

gary
07-31-2010, 08:05 PM
Joke Gary , it's a joke .I thought maybe he made comments about Booty to the press or something like that but I get it now though. LOL.

False Start
07-31-2010, 08:21 PM
He missed a quarter or something close to that against Jacksonville, but that was it.

Yeah, dude got his shoulder jacked up! He went to the locker room slapped a brace on it, and came back out and played well.

Brisco_County
07-31-2010, 08:50 PM
My impressions:

One thing really bothers me, and that's the report on Kareem Jackson's performance. Someone console me with a counter argument.

I like what I hear about Okoye's conditioning, but it doesn't make me feel any better about the bulging disc in his back.

I like Foster, but I'm still nervous about his ball security. Remember, he's only #1 right now because Eric Winston recovered one of his fumbles at a crucial moment.

I've been anticipating the emergence of Molden, and I think he's going to come up big this season if he can stay healthy.

Reports on Earl Mitchell are reassuring. He'll be a valuable addition to the interior.

Honoring Earl 34
07-31-2010, 09:02 PM
I thought maybe he made comments about Booty to the press or something like that but I get it now though. LOL.

I hope one of them emerges as a backup .

redwhiteANDblue
07-31-2010, 09:08 PM
I was watching Holliday today and I saw him drop 2 balls in a row. I was pretty disappointed. I was hoping he could be like a Wes Welker but he really needs to improve his hands. On the other hand, when he has the ball in his hands he is electric.

GP
07-31-2010, 09:21 PM

So....if JDB gets called upon to enter the game as our QB, is that technically considered "A Booty Call"?

:bender:

Honoring Earl 34
07-31-2010, 09:23 PM
So....if JDB gets called upon to enter the game as our QB, is that technically considered "A Booty Call"?

Seems so .

False Start
07-31-2010, 09:23 PM

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/rimshot.gif

Lucky
07-31-2010, 10:28 PM
One thing really bothers me, and that's the report on Kareem Jackson's performance. Someone console me with a counter argument
This was his 2nd training camp practice and like all of the rookies, he's thinking rather than reacting. Maybe Jackson is the most "pro ready" CB of his draft class. He still needs to learn the ropes. I will say that during drills prior to the official start of practice, Jackson looked very smooth with good footwork. Physically, he looks like a near clone of Glover Quin. This is a very young group of CBs, but I'm encouraged by the hands-on approach of secondary coach David Gibbs. This may be the best assistant coaching staff the Texans have ever had.

Do any of you guys have any observations about the play of Dan Orlovsky?
It's too early to say. I saw a lot of check downs and short passes from Dan-O. I'll reserve judgment until I see him in preseason action.

I got a picture of it (well, not of it but of his backside) but Barrett was insistent that I should leave him alone…
I would trust Barrett's instincts on this one.

I'm disappointed about missing the pads on practice, tomorrow. Watch (and listen) for Sharpton, the rookie LB, to meet Tate. That will be interesting.

Big Lou
07-31-2010, 10:35 PM
Has it been reported if Tate is 100% recovered from that hammy thing?

painekiller
07-31-2010, 11:02 PM

JDB threw 4 interceptions yesterday, so he was not have a great day. Not all where his fault though.

Dan O did not impress me yesterday, but I was not watching him the whole practice as I was watching the lineman for the most part.

Honoring Earl 34
08-01-2010, 09:47 AM

When he's traded , does that mean the Texans gave up the Booty ?

BSofA04
08-01-2010, 10:20 AM
ESPN's Rumor Central is reporting that Rosenfels is on the trading block for less than a 4th round pick. After watching the train wreck that was the Texan offense without Schaub in the Jax game, Rosenfels might not be a bad insurance option. Just sayin'...
http://proxy.espn.go.com/nfl/features/rumors#5595

He's better than Danny O and Booty.

False Start
08-01-2010, 10:35 AM
ESPN's Rumor Central is reporting that Rosenfels is on the trading block for less than a 4th round pick. After watching the train wreck that was the Texan offense without Schaub in the Jax game, Rosenfels might not be a bad insurance option. Just sayin'...

I wouldn't mind having Sage back. Booty-Copter just sounds weird. :mcnugget:

jaayteetx
08-01-2010, 12:13 PM

What did we get when we traded him in the first place?
Looked it up, fourth round draft pick in last years draft.

gary
08-01-2010, 12:17 PM
JDB threw 4 interceptions yesterday, so he was not have a great day. Not all where his fault though.

Dan O did not impress me yesterday, but I was not watching him the whole practice as I was watching the lineman for the most part.I must have missed them. What number is Booty? Ten I thought.

ChampionTexan
08-01-2010, 12:31 PM
LZ's take on yesterday (Saturday) morning's practice.

Z Report (http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootball/2010/07/saturday_morning_texans_practi.html)

valleytexfan
08-01-2010, 12:43 PM
I'd fully be on board brining back Sage as the backup...I don't feel comfortable with Dan O or Booty.

DiehardChris
08-01-2010, 12:44 PM
Went to camp this morning and met Barrett and DaleMurphy from Texans Talk. Good dudes! Made the trip from Austin, just like I used to have to do... but now I'm back in the H.

gary
08-01-2010, 12:46 PM
Here are some pics of my own from this morning I hope you like them.
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee312/gary1992/TexanspracticeAug12010001.jpg

JB
08-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Went to camp this morning and met Barrett and DaleMurphy from Texans Talk. Good dudes! Made the trip from Austin, just like I used to have to do... but now I'm back in the H.

Enjoyed the info from your tweets. Looking forward to more.

gary
08-01-2010, 12:48 PM
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee312/gary1992/TexanspracticeAug12010002.jpg

gary
08-01-2010, 12:50 PM
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee312/gary1992/TexanspracticeAug12010003.jpg

Wolf
08-01-2010, 12:50 PM
a little bit from inthebullseye

http://www.inthebullseye.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1080

gary
08-01-2010, 12:51 PM
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee312/gary1992/TexanspracticeAug12010004.jpg

gary
08-01-2010, 12:54 PM
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee312/gary1992/TexanspracticeAug12010005.jpg

gary
08-01-2010, 12:57 PM
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee312/gary1992/TexanspracticeAug12010006.jpg

gary
08-01-2010, 12:58 PM
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee312/gary1992/004-1.jpg

gary
08-01-2010, 12:59 PM
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee312/gary1992/004.jpg

DiehardChris
08-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Enjoyed the info from your tweets. Looking forward to more.

Thanks JB!

Here's my condensed report (with the obvious caveat that we can't put much of anything into this stuff, cuz we talkin' 'bout practice). I'll have a more detailed one on my blog soon:

Good - Earl Mitchell. Not dominant in pass rush drills as McClain seemed to suggest, but consistently good. Absolutely blasted Studdard in the chops on one snap. Studdard himself is a pretty intense guy, but he was NOT ready for what Mitchell gave him.

Malcolm Sheppard. Another rookie DT. Quick and agile, he has a high motor much like Mitchell. Our rookie DTs look good, I'm happy to report.

Ben Tate. Much less hesitant, much more decisive. Busted what would have been a long run (TD perhaps?) on the very first snap of 11 on 11s.

Bad - Frank Okam. Just looked slow and sometimes uninterested.

Kareem Jackson. Okay, it's not that he looked bad, it's just that Andre Johnson was just KILLING him, but who doesn't? KJax made a solid play on a KWalt out pattern.

Garrett Graham. Had the nice one-handed catch, but he also looked pretty solid as a blocker on the one play I was watching him block on.

More on the blog soon....

dalemurphy
08-01-2010, 01:01 PM

Chris, thanks. We enjoyed talking to you as well. Great practice today.
Here's a little writeup with a link to pictures below.

Great practice this morning. It was fun meeting BigRon from the Chron.com fanblog, Stephanie (TexansChick) http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/, Chris of http://www.houstondiehards.com/ , and Alan Burge http://www.examiner.com/x-778-Houston-Texans-Examiner.

This morning, the guys were in shoulder pads and did some actual hitting. Bernard Pollard was pumped up! There was a lot more team activities, which I will get to later. I spent half of practice concentrating on the drills between offensive and defensive linemen and the one on one drills between WRs and CBs. Here are some observations:

1. Earl Mitchell looks amazing! He was the most dominate defensive lineman during the drills. On his first attempt, he bullrushed Kasey Studdard right into the QB (played by Bruce Matthews). Shortly afterwards, he ran a twist with Shaun Cody, and absolutely blew up Chris Myers. He isn’t only quick but has great explosion and good balance and leverage. I think he’s going to make an immediate impact in the Dline rotation.

2. Mario sat out practice with a sore hip. Look for Kubiak’s comments about that later. He wasn’t hobbling around on the field but did not do any of the activities.

3. I’m a huge Barwin fan, but I thought he looked raw during the drills. Granted, he was lining up against Winston and Brown, but he didn’t show anything other than a good edge rush. He tried a spin inside but was stoned by Winston. He was also slow running a twist. Kollar jumped all over him for it.

4. Duane Brown looks good. He’s in great shape and was impressive in drills. He went against A.smith an number of times and they both looked pretty good. Brown got bull-rushed by Smith once and driven back, but Brown was able to recover and keep him off of Bruce Matthews.

5. I only saw a couple reps from Shelly Smith, but he didn’t look good. I thought he had a good chance to make the roster but it looks like he’s not there yet.

6. Fred Bennett got burned deep by Dickerson. Then, he was burned deep by A. Davis. Then, he was burned deep by A.Johnson…. then, he was relegated to 4th string.

7. Molden looked good again today. I still think he struggles in press but he seems healthy and confident.

8. Brice McCain looks great! He is always in the WRs hip pocket and often makes a play on the ball. I think he’s destined to play nickel and dime due to his heighth. But, he’s a player. Another note, when the 1st team defense is playing nickel, McCain plays outside and Quin slides into slot.

9. Glover Quin looks great against everybody except Andre Johnson. Quin’s supposed lack of speed doesn’t show up on the field.

10. My personal sleeper to make the roster is Mark Parson. He had another pick today, this time in the one on one drills. I think he may have been flagged by the practice ref for illegal use of hands, but it was a good play. As I said yesterday, he plays very physically without clutching and grabbing (think Al Harris not Courtland Finnegan), and is always glued to the WR.

11. Kareem Jackson is hard to assess. He made some plays and had tight coverage, except when Andre Johnson blew past him for a TD during the drills or when Andre Davis left him for a TD in Saturday’s practice.

12. Ben Tate definitely looked quicker and more decisive. During the 11 on 11’s he had a couple very nice runs. His mediocre showing the first few practices is probably simply a result of his head swimming with information.

13. Jacoby Jones looks very good as a WR. He handled press well and almost always created separation on his routes. He dropped one catchable ball and then also fumbled during a punt return (of course).

14. Trindon Holliday also fumbled during a punt return. He’s so freakin’ quick and fast!! Unfortunately, he is totally useless as a WR right now. He had a drop, his routes are sloppy, and his blocking is a disaster! I still think he makes the team, though. I think his roster spot is tied into how valuable Kubiak deems Jacoby is as a WR. Right now, I’m thinking he’s pretty valuable.

15. Garrett Graham made a great one-handed catch downfield today.

16. Caldwell is clearly the starting RG and there seems to be a battle between Wade Smith and Myers at center and between Studdard and “Biscuit” Brisiel at LG. I’m interested in whether Wade Smith is also a consideration at LG?

17. Sherrick McManis did not participate in the team activities again today and was running conditioning tests with Cedric Smith after practice again when we left at 10:15am.

18. Owen Daniels and Anthony Hill were both doing some ball-catching drills on the side. OD definitely seems further along in his rehab than Hill does.

Well, that is about all I have right now. Barrett and I are loading up and heading back to Austin after our two day training camp. It was a lot of fun. I reccomend coming out and watching one of these if you are able. We are posting another group of pictures in our images section. Also, tonight or tomorrow, I will load a few short videos that I took on my little digital camera.

http://www.texansbullblog.com/images/training-camp-day03/

gary
08-01-2010, 01:04 PM
I saw one play where LT Brown just owned his man.

Cjeremy635
08-01-2010, 01:18 PM
Chris, thanks. We enjoyed talking to you as well. Great practice today.
Here's a little writeup with a link to pictures below.

Great practice this morning. It was fun meeting BigRon from the Chron.com fanblog, Stephanie (TexansChick) http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/, Chris of http://www.houstondiehards.com/ , and Alan Burge http://www.examiner.com/x-778-Houston-Texans-Examiner.

This morning, the guys were in shoulder pads and did some actual hitting. Bernard Pollard was pumped up! There was a lot more team activities, which I will get to later. I spent half of practice concentrating on the drills between offensive and defensive linemen and the one on one drills between WRs and CBs. Here are some observations:

1. Earl Mitchell looks amazing! He was the most dominate defensive lineman during the drills. On his first attempt, he bullrushed Kasey Studdard right into the QB (played by Bruce Matthews). Shortly afterwards, he ran a twist with Shaun Cody, and absolutely blew up Chris Myers. He isn’t only quick but has great explosion and good balance and leverage. I think he’s going to make an immediate impact in the Dline rotation.

2. Mario sat out practice with a sore hip. Look for Kubiak’s comments about that later. He wasn’t hobbling around on the field but did not do any of the activities.

3. I’m a huge Barwin fan, but I thought he looked raw during the drills. Granted, he was lining up against Winston and Brown, but he didn’t show anything other than a good edge rush. He tried a spin inside but was stoned by Winston. He was also slow running a twist. Kollar jumped all over him for it.

4. Duane Brown looks good. He’s in great shape and was impressive in drills. He went against A.smith an number of times and they both looked pretty good. Brown got bull-rushed by Smith once and driven back, but Brown was able to recover and keep him off of Bruce Matthews.

5. I only saw a couple reps from Shelly Smith, but he didn’t look good. I thought he had a good chance to make the roster but it looks like he’s not there yet.

6. Fred Bennett got burned deep by Dickerson. Then, he was burned deep by A. Davis. Then, he was burned deep by A.Johnson…. then, he was relegated to 4th string.

7. Molden looked good again today. I still think he struggles in press but he seems healthy and confident.

8. Brice McCain looks great! He is always in the WRs hip pocket and often makes a play on the ball. I think he’s destined to play nickel and dime due to his heighth. But, he’s a player. Another note, when the 1st team defense is playing nickel, McCain plays outside and Quin slides into slot.

9. Glover Quin looks great against everybody except Andre Johnson. Quin’s supposed lack of speed doesn’t show up on the field.

10. My personal sleeper to make the roster is Mark Parson. He had another pick today, this time in the one on one drills. I think he may have been flagged by the practice ref for illegal use of hands, but it was a good play. As I said yesterday, he plays very physically without clutching and grabbing (think Al Harris not Courtland Finnegan), and is always glued to the WR.

11. Kareem Jackson is hard to assess. He made some plays and had tight coverage, except when Andre Johnson blew past him for a TD during the drills or when Andre Davis left him for a TD in Saturday’s practice.

12. Ben Tate definitely looked quicker and more decisive. During the 11 on 11’s he had a couple very nice runs. His mediocre showing the first few practices is probably simply a result of his head swimming with information.

13. Jacoby Jones looks very good as a WR. He handled press well and almost always created separation on his routes. He dropped one catchable ball and then also fumbled during a punt return (of course).

14. Trindon Holliday also fumbled during a punt return. He’s so freakin’ quick and fast!! Unfortunately, he is totally useless as a WR right now. He had a drop, his routes are sloppy, and his blocking is a disaster! I still think he makes the team, though. I think his roster spot is tied into how valuable Kubiak deems Jacoby is as a WR. Right now, I’m thinking he’s pretty valuable.

15. Garrett Graham made a great one-handed catch downfield today.

16. Caldwell is clearly the starting RG and there seems to be a battle between Wade Smith and Myers at center and between Studdard and “Biscuit” Brisiel at LG. I’m interested in whether Wade Smith is also a consideration at LG?

17. Sherrick McManis did not participate in the team activities again today and was running conditioning tests with Cedric Smith after practice again when we left at 10:15am.

18. Owen Daniels and Anthony Hill were both doing some ball-catching drills on the side. OD definitely seems further along in his rehab than Hill does.

Well, that is about all I have right now. Barrett and I are loading up and heading back to Austin after our two day training camp. It was a lot of fun. I reccomend coming out and watching one of these if you are able. We are posting another group of pictures in our images section. Also, tonight or tomorrow, I will load a few short videos that I took on my little digital camera.

http://www.texansbullblog.com/images/training-camp-day03/

Thanks for all the information. I second the thoughts on Parson too. I had no clue who he was on Friday morning, but he definately stood out to me with his picks and the way he was playing the receiver. I made it a point to take a picture of the back of his jersey so I could remember who he was when I got home. When did we pick him up and where did he come from? Is he a rookie or someone off the street?

The Pencil Neck
08-01-2010, 01:28 PM
Thanks for all the information. I second the thoughts on Parson too. I had no clue who he was on Friday morning, but he definately stood out to me with his picks and the way he was playing the receiver. I made it a point to take a picture of the back of his jersey so I could remember who he was when I got home. When did we pick him up and where did he come from? Is he a rookie or someone off the street?

We signed him last year from the Saints Practice Squad. Several posters on this board hold him in high regard. There's been some talk about how he could come in and surprise some people.

Ryan
08-01-2010, 01:43 PM
This news about Earl Mitchell really has me pumped. Watch out Amobi.

Cjeremy635
08-01-2010, 01:44 PM
We signed him last year from the Saints Practice Squad. Several posters on this board hold him in high regard. There's been some talk about how he could come in and surprise some people.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully he'll get a chance to perform in preseason and do well. I think we can use all of the help we can get in the secondary and if this guy can be a piece of the puzzle, then so be it.

gary
08-01-2010, 01:45 PM
I see Holiday making the team as a return man but not as a WR. His running as a WR is not too great right now but that might change. He's also really small. His speed his too much just to throw away though which is why I think he'll be PT at this poing. I am glad to see there is now some deapth in the backfield. I think there will be an overall improvement on both the O line and D line due to Mitchel and Shep the two young DT's. I don't see Fred Bennet making the team at this time too many other CB's really working hard and producing IMO. I see Amobi having less snaps this season or possibly not making the team but I'd take the lader on that. We are loaded down with great TE's I'll say that.

JB
08-01-2010, 01:47 PM
I am glad to see there is now some death in the backfield.

:eek:

gary
08-01-2010, 01:50 PM
:eek:There really are good CB's out there just not much of an NFL background.

Cjeremy635
08-01-2010, 01:52 PM
There really are good CB's out there just not much of an NFL background.

He was referring to the typo. You typed death instead of depth.

gary
08-01-2010, 01:54 PM
He was referring to the typo. You typed death instead of depth.Well, they might just be deadly you know.:kitten:

DiehardChris
08-01-2010, 01:56 PM
This news about Earl Mitchell really has me pumped. Watch out Amobi.

Amobi was not impressive today. Not noticeably terrible, but not impressive.

Mitchell really does look like the real deal, though. That is one rookie who is ready to blast some MFers in the face, man. Plays with attitude, motor, quickness... I gotta say I'm excited.

gary
08-01-2010, 02:07 PM

Mitchell really does look like the real deal, though. That is one rookie who is ready to blast some MFers in the face, man. Plays with attitude, motor, quickness... I gotta say I'm excited.
I am too.

Cjeremy635
08-01-2010, 02:50 PM

Amazing news! :shades:

GuerillaBlack
08-01-2010, 02:53 PM
How has Dorin Dickerson progressed so far? I remember back in OTAs, he was suppose to be on a Kubiak diet to lose some weight, to fit into the WR positiion better. Any progress?

DiehardChris
08-01-2010, 03:00 PM
How has Dorin Dickerson progressed so far? I remember back in OTAs, he was suppose to be on a Kubiak diet to lose some weight, to fit into the WR positiion better. Any progress?

Not sure on the weight, and I didn't see a lot of his reps today, but he absolutely turned Fred Bennett inside out on a deep route at some point (but that was during 1 on 1 drills, so I wouldn't read much into it). Of course, uh, everyone was making Fred look silly out there, sadly.

Also made a nice grab on a quick out route in 11 on 11s. Ball was slightly overthrown and he snatched it out of the air.

Porky
08-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Thanks for the updates guys. Early yes, but if reports hold true Mitchell may be a steal. Have been mostly a lurker lately because I'm working hard on my biz, but just wanted to say the updates are appreciated.

As far as deaths in the backfield, if Slaton keeps dropping the rock, then Gary might be close in his description. :strangle:

drs23
08-01-2010, 03:10 PM
I am glad to see there is now some deapth in the backfield

Came across this way on my screen :boogereater:

Gary and everyone else, thanks for the birdseye that not all of us can do. Reps to you all.

Thanks a mill.

Honoring Earl 34
08-01-2010, 03:14 PM

I think you can find some of Mitchell's footage from North Shore on rivals ( Dickerson's to as a RB ) . Mitchell was a 6'2 260 lb TE driving guys 10 yards off the line . Players like that knlow only one way to play .

http://rivals.yahoo.com/video/recruiting-football/Earl-Mitchell-Houston--13794

Brisco_County
08-01-2010, 03:17 PM
My impressions from today's reports:

- I am further convinced that Okoye will be gone by 2012. The first reason is his back injury, and the second is Earl Mitchell. These things matter because this is the year he needs to prove himself. Also, over the years, how many times have you heard people say "Okoye really impressed me today!"? That's all I keep hearing about Mitchell.

- I think Brice McCain has the speed and instincts to be this team's ballhawk. He's still the only current CB to have intercepted Peyton Manning.

- I'm still worried about Kareem Jackson's learning curve. If he's not up to speed by the Colt's game, McCain or Molden might have to fill in.

gary
08-01-2010, 03:52 PM
To the credit of Kareem he has been defending AJ so it might take him awhile to get his feet under him. I'll wait to see how he does in a game before I rush to jugement on him.

Porky
08-01-2010, 05:43 PM

- I am further convinced that Okoye will be gone by 2012. The first reason is his back injury, and the second is Earl Mitchell. These things matter because this is the year he needs to prove himself. Also, over the years, how many times have you heard people say "Okoye really impressed me today!"? That's all I keep hearing about Mitchell.

- I think Brice McCain has the speed and instincts to be this team's ballhawk. He's still the only current CB to have intercepted Peyton Manning.

- I'm still worried about Kareem Jackson's learning curve. If he's not up to speed by the Colt's game, McCain or Molden might have to fill in.

I have heard that Okoye has some serious guns on him this year, and that he has reported to camp lean and chiseled. I think it's unlikely he would be cut although cannot rule it out, but relagated to a lesser role? Perhaps. This is a big year for him.

McCain is too small to be anything more than a nickel or dime player imo, but if he has good ball skills that's not anything to cry over.

It's too early for anyone to form a real opinion on Jackson, but I think it's a real plus that he is going against Andre every day in camp. That can only help the youngster when he goes up against mere mortals when the games count.

painekiller
08-01-2010, 05:51 PM

First off, don't read to much into the veterans and the mentions by us guys giving reports from the sidelines. I know in my case I am mainly watching for the new guys.

Plus the vets know how to pace themselves for the season, week one of training camp is not the time to kill yourself, the time to do that is Week 1 against the Colts.

Remember this is a marathon not a sprint.

As for the rookies, they have there heads swimming with all the info being thrown at them. Plus they are going against guys who know there way around the field. Give them time.

And if Molden is starting week 1, it's because he earned it.

gary
08-01-2010, 06:48 PM
First off, don't read to much into the veterans and the mentions by us guys giving reports from the sidelines. I know in my case I am mainly watching for the new guys.

Plus the vets know how to pace themselves for the season, week one of training camp is not the time to kill yourself, the time to do that is Week 1 against the Colts.

Remember this is a marathon not a sprint.

As for the rookies, they have there heads swimming with all the info being thrown at them. Plus they are going against guys who know there way around the field. Give them time.

And if Molden is starting week 1, it's because he earned it.
This.

76Texan
08-02-2010, 12:55 AM
Thanks again to all.
:fans:

valleytexfan
08-02-2010, 12:59 AM
Here, here! Much appreciated updates!!! :hurrah:

Tailgate
08-02-2010, 09:54 AM
McClains twitter:

# A lot if coaches like fights in camp but not Gary Kubiak.#Texans 2 minutes ago via txt

# Amici okoye shoved myers. Eric Winston went after okoye. I luv fights in camp with pads.#Texans 3 minutes ago via txt

# Ben Tate blew thru middle. Bernard pollard tried to strip ball. Chris myers pushed pollard. #Texans 4 minutes ago via txt

# Rookie wr trindon holliday is riding bike, which means he has a pull. I think they will sign a new receiver.#Texans

http://twitter.com/mcclain_on_nfl

BSofA04
08-02-2010, 10:32 AM
McClains twitter:

# A lot if coaches like fights in camp but not Gary Kubiak.#Texans 2 minutes ago via txt

# Amici okoye shoved myers. Eric Winston went after okoye. I luv fights in camp with pads.#Texans 3 minutes ago via txt

# Ben Tate blew thru middle. Bernard pollard tried to strip ball. Chris myers pushed pollard. #Texans 4 minutes ago via txt

# Rookie wr trindon holliday is riding bike, which means he has a pull. I think they will sign a new receiver.#Texans

Thanks for the Twitter updates. I can't see Twitter at work, damn internet filters!

Cjeremy635
08-02-2010, 10:37 AM
I like to see the fire of the competitions. That speaks volumes about where this team is at to me. People are having to actually stand out to get a shot at making this team and that's a far cry from where we would field just about anyone. I'm happy to see the intensity, as long as nobody gets injured. I think this is going to be the best camp yet.

No More 8-8's
08-02-2010, 10:44 AM
So is Trindon Holliday really that hurt?

Cjeremy635
08-02-2010, 10:51 AM
So is Trindon Holliday really that hurt?

I think he may just have tweaked something. Probably just precautionary, IMO. They were talking about him on the radio a minute ago and they seem to be pretty worried about him, more in the context of being able to get hit from these big guys and also being able to hold on to the ball after he gets leveled. I think he'll be OK. You can't hit what you can't catch.

CloakNNNdagger
08-02-2010, 11:25 AM
I think he may just have tweaked something. Probably just precautionary, IMO. They were talking about him on the radio a minute ago and they seem to be pretty worried about him, more in the context of being able to get hit from these big guys and also being able to hold on to the ball after he gets leveled. I think he'll be OK. You can't hit what you can't catch.

As per Nick Scurfield, it seems that he pulled a hamstring. Something else he mentioned which I had not heard before but does not surprise me is that Chris Myers is still being hampered by the high ankle sprain for which he missed part of the 2009 preseason (and which evidently bothered him throughout the 2009 regular season).

No More 8-8's
08-02-2010, 11:27 AM
McClains twitter:

McClain needs to lose some pounds. His stubby fingers are causing him to text like a teenaged girl.

Rey
08-02-2010, 11:37 AM
Was out at practice today; Some things I saw:

Schaub missed on quite a few passes early...Not too worried though

Orvlosky and Booty...Can't really tell who's better at this point but Orvlosky pissed me off not getting the ball out of his hands. It's like he didn't know where to go with the ball and on several occasions he pulled it down and ran. I'd like to see him throw it a lot more than he did. Even in passing drills where there were just LBs and DBs on the field he was pulling it down and running. I'm not big on criticising back-up QBs but just from today it looks like there will be a battle there...sadly

Amobi looked gassed towards the end. Earl Mitchell looked good, Sheppard looked good. #99 (don't know who he is) looked pretty good as well. Tall athletic guy.

Kareem Jackson was burnt by more than just AJ. Dorin Dickerson burnt him once deep but just failed to hold onto the ball. Kareem also looked poor on one redzone play where AJ did a short curl and just caught the ball in front of him. I was talking to a few people around me and just as I was saying, "damn Kareem..make a play on the ball"...BP ran up to him slapped him on the helmet and let him know he wasn't pleased with the effort. JJ also roasted him deep one time but they didn't throw him the ball. Kareem knew that he messed up..Clapped his hands together in displeasure with himself.. Again, this is just practice so you can't tell too much, but right now Kareem looks like he's destined to be roasted come game 1. He needs to improve a lot, but that is to be expected from a rookie I guess.

All of the RB's looked pretty good. Tate broke several long runs..Showed good vision and good quickness. Slate looked good slicing through a couple of times for good yardage...Foster looked good as well..IMO, Tate was the most impressive today...Ran with good speed and looked very physical.

BP and Winston got into a shoving match which turned into a fight. Not a big deal, it was over pretty quickly.

Linemen drills were interesting. Neither side looked liked they dominated the other but there were some good battles. Earl Mitchell looks like a little tank missile...Cody had a nice spin move during the session which would have been a sack in a game. Frank Okam is not a dominating presence out there, but he didn't look as bad to me as some reports that I'd heard. Jessie Nadeing had a nice move on Eric Winston which left Winston standing flat footed looking lost...

Brian Cushing was everywhere during team drills...Would have made several tackles if it were a game.

JJ looked nice, He looks like a veteran reciever out there...James Casey looked solid...Didn't really notice any of the other TE's much...

I was not looking for individual players (beside Orvlosky per Mojo's request), but more so just looking at the practice as a whole and noticing things that stood out. I saw gary out there, but didn't get a chance to speak to him...Looked like he was on his way out..

Might remember more later, but that's all I got for now...

Texan4Ever
08-02-2010, 11:53 AM

Orvlosky and Booty...Can't really tell who's better at this point but Orvlosky pissed me off not getting the ball out of his hands. It's like he didn't know where to go with the ball and on several occasions he pulled it down and ran. I'd like to see him throw it a lot more than he did. Even in passing drills where there were just LBs and DBs on the field he was pulling it down and running. I'm not big on criticising back-up QBs but just from today it looks like there will be a battle there...sadly

Amobi looked gassed towards the end. Earl Mitchell looked good, Sheppard looked good. #99 (don't know who he is) looked pretty good as well. Tall athletic guy.

Kareem Jackson was burnt by more than just AJ. Dorin Dickerson burnt him once deep but just failed to hold onto the ball. Kareem also looked poor on one redzone play where AJ did a short curl and just caught the ball in front of him. I was talking to a few people around me and just as I was saying, "damn Kareem..make a play on the ball"...BP ran up to him slapped him on the helmet and let him know he wasn't pleased with the effort. JJ also roasted him deep one time but they didn't throw him the ball. Kareem knew that he messed up..Clapped his hands together in displeasure with himself.. Again, this is just practice so you can't tell too much, but right now Kareem looks like he's destined to be roasted come game 1. He needs to improve a lot, but that is to be expected from a rookie I guess.

All of the RB's looked pretty good. Tate broke several long runs..Showed good vision and good quickness. Slate looked good slicing through a couple of times for good yardage...Foster looked good as well..IMO, Tate was the most impressive today...Ran with good speed and looked very physical.

BP and Winston got into a shoving match which turned into a fight. Not a big deal, it was over pretty quickly.

Linemen drills were interesting. Neither side looked liked they dominated the other but there were some good battles. Earl Mitchell looks like a little tank missile...Cody had a nice spin move during the session which would have been a sack in a game. Frank Okam is not a dominating presence out there, but he didn't look as bad to me as some reports that I'd heard. Jessie Nadeing had a nice move on Eric Winston which left Winston standing flat footed looking lost...

Brian Cushing was everywhere during team drills...Would have made several tackles if it were a game.

JJ looked nice, He looks like a veteran reciever out there...James Casey looked solid...Didn't really notice any of the other TE's much...

I was not looking for individual players (beside Orvlosky per Mojo's request), but more so just looking at the practice as a whole and noticing things that stood out. I saw gary out there, but didn't get a chance to speak to him...Looked like he was on his way out..

Thanks for recaping what you saw! BTW, who is BP? As for #99, that is left DE Pannel Egboh http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9760

The Pencil Neck
08-02-2010, 11:55 AM
Thanks for recaping what you saw! BTW, who is BP? As for #99, that is left DE Pannel Egboh http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/9760

BP - Bernard Pollard.

The Pencil Neck
08-02-2010, 11:57 AM
Something else he mentioned which I had not heard before but does not surprise me is that Chris Myers is still being hampered by the high ankle sprain for which he missed part of the 2009 preseason (and which evidently bothered him throughout the 2009 regular season).

Wait. What?

I don't recall Chris missing any games last year. I mean, there may have been a few snaps but I don't recall him not starting a game.

MojoMan
08-02-2010, 11:58 AM

Thanks for the report, and especially for the comments on Dan Orlovsky. It sounds like he has some rough edges that need to be sanded off. Hopefully that work can be completed before the Texans play the Colts in their opening game.

Maddict5
08-02-2010, 12:00 PM
Wait. What?

I don't recall Chris missing any games last year. I mean, there may have been a few snaps but I don't recall him not starting a game.

it was a preseason injury last yr. he made it back for the jets game. the OP did say he missed PS games

The Pencil Neck
08-02-2010, 12:01 PM
it was a preseason injury last yr. he made it back for the jets game. the OP did say he missed PS games

Ah. I skimmed over the PS part.

Heath Shuler
08-02-2010, 12:17 PM
Winston Pollard scrum
[IMG]http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz26/heathshluler/salttrainingcamp10023.jpg

Heath Shuler
08-02-2010, 12:24 PM
http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz26/heathshluler/salttrainingcamp10022.jpg

GP
08-02-2010, 12:30 PM
Flying Donkey > Pigeon > Winston > Pollard

It's the food chain. You can't get around it.

OzzO
08-02-2010, 12:44 PM
Some camp comments, some general news reporting in the chronic 8-2-10 (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7135113.html). And by general... don't mean McClain.

Right guard Antoine Caldwell stood in anticipation as others beside him struggled to catch their breath.

The Texans' offensive linemen were taking on their defensive counterparts in tiring head-to-head battles. Some of the rookie blockers struggled to stave off pass rushers, but when Caldwell's name was called, he put on his helmet and jumped into his stance.

On the first repetition, veteran defensive end Tim Bulman tried to go through Caldwell, but he barely went anywhere. On the next try, Bulman made an attempt to go around him, but this time Caldwell used his leverage to neutralize the defensive end.

dalemurphy
08-02-2010, 01:25 PM
Kubiak quotes from yesterday afternoon's and this morning's practice is up. On our blog, we will be running a regular feature covering his press conferences and quotes. Here's an early taste of it:

As an obsessed Texan fan, I have spent my time in absurd ways. For instance, I am almost always glued to houstontexans.com video page at 3:30 pm on Monday afternoons after Texan games. Why? you ask… Well, that is the Kubiak press conference. I have studied his finger-tapping and other mannerisms, as well as the tone and confidence by which he answers questions to the point that I believe I have special insight into what is going UN-SAID. To that end, during the season, I will post the hidden meaning behind his press conference answers and announcements.

Before the season starts, just to build my credibility with you skeptics, I am going to exercise my Third Eye by reading the tea leaves left behind from Kubiak’s post-practice quotes. So, here it is! Remember, your eyes can deceive you… nothing is as it seems!

Kubiak’s quotes will be in black and his secret thoughts will be in red italics. From August 1 and 2:

(on WR Trindon Holliday’s progression in learning the wide receiver position) “He’s struggling at that position (wide receiver) and he’s excelling as a returner and we knew that. So, we got to have some patience here and be willing to get him those reps and see how far he comes from that standpoint. In the NFL you suit 45 (players) and you got go do other things. We got to get him better at that spot as a receiver. He really worked as a running back at LSU more than anything. So, it’s a whole new world for him and we knew we were in for that. He’s working hard at it.”

I’m dreading this decision! He’s going to be worthless as a WR this year but he’s so freakin’ good returning the ball… man, I don’t know what to do. And, I want Jacoby to focus on WR… but, I’m already going to be carrying a ton of TEs… How the heck can I make this work?

(on the offseason of WR Jacoby Jones) “He’s been accountable and consistent. When he follows that guideline (WR) Jacoby (Jones) career is going to take off.”

He’s so talented and such a playmaker! I’m encouraged by his attitude and work ethic lately but I still don’t trust him any farther than I can throw him.

gary
08-02-2010, 01:32 PM
I met Brian at the autograph line and he looks different for sure. If you watch the video of him and me from the CBS Early Show on his website and then look at a photo of him right now you'll see what I mean I promise.
http://www.briancushing56.com/blog.html

Texas T
08-02-2010, 01:33 PM
Kubiak quotes from yesterday afternoon's and this morning's practice is up. On our blog, we will be running a regular feature covering his press conferences and quotes. Here's an early taste of it:

As an obsessed Texan fan, I have spent my time in absurd ways. For instance, I am almost always glued to houstontexans.com video page at 3:30 pm on Monday afternoons after Texan games. Why? you ask… Well, that is the Kubiak press conference. I have studied his finger-tapping and other mannerisms, as well as the tone and confidence by which he answers questions to the point that I believe I have special insight into what is going UN-SAID. To that end, during the season, I will post the hidden meaning behind his press conference answers and announcements.

Before the season starts, just to build my credibility with you skeptics, I am going to exercise my Third Eye by reading the tea leaves left behind from Kubiak’s post-practice quotes. So, here it is! Remember, your eyes can deceive you… nothing is as it seems!

Kubiak’s quotes will be in black and his secret thoughts will be in red italics. From August 1 and 2:

(on WR Trindon Holliday’s progression in learning the wide receiver position) “He’s struggling at that position (wide receiver) and he’s excelling as a returner and we knew that. So, we got to have some patience here and be willing to get him those reps and see how far he comes from that standpoint. In the NFL you suit 45 (players) and you got go do other things. We got to get him better at that spot as a receiver. He really worked as a running back at LSU more than anything. So, it’s a whole new world for him and we knew we were in for that. He’s working hard at it.”

I’m dreading this decision! He’s going to be worthless as a WR this year but he’s so freakin’ good returning the ball… man, I don’t know what to do. And, I want Jacoby to focus on WR… but, I’m already going to be carrying a ton of TEs… How the heck can I make this work?

(on the offseason of WR Jacoby Jones) “He’s been accountable and consistent. When he follows that guideline (WR) Jacoby (Jones) career is going to take off.”

He’s so talented and such a playmaker! I’m encouraged by his attitude and work ethic lately but I still don’t trust him any farther than I can throw him.

Kubs is that you?? Really is that you???

Malloy
08-02-2010, 01:34 PM
Flying Donkey > Pigeon > Winston > Pollard

It's the food chain. You can't get around it.

The other way around? :)

gary
08-02-2010, 02:10 PM
I met Brian at the autograph line and he looks different for sure. If you watch the video of him and me from the CBS Early Show on his website and then look at a photo of him right now you'll see what I mean I promise.
http://www.briancushing56.com/blog.htmlI just did not want this post to get overlooked at the bottom of page 12. Thank you.

drewmar74
08-02-2010, 02:15 PM
I just did not want this post to get overlooked at the bottom of page 12. Thank you.

Different how?

gary
08-02-2010, 02:27 PM
Different how?Shoulders, head, and neck. This is clear to me and I am not trying to cause a stir here but it's a clear observation both mom and me have made.

Cjeremy635
08-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Shoulders, head, and neck. This is clear to me and I am not trying to cause a stir here but it's a clear observation both mom and me have made.

I don't know, he's still a big dude. Anyone know what he weighed in at camp this year vs what he was weighing last year? That's going to be more of an identifier than just sight.

HOU-TEX
08-02-2010, 02:32 PM
After being away on vacation over the weekend, I was able to get out there this morning. It was nice to see them in full pads. I agree with mose have said, but I'll throw a few quick hits.

- Once I saw The Mitch I thought he looked like a sawed-off stump of a redwood. Then I saw him in action and was kinda awestruck at how quick his first move was. There were a couple plays where he was half way through the gap before the lineman could put his hands on him. I thought "ok, so the dude's quick". On his next rep I saw him blast off the line right up in Studdards grill, blowing him at least 2 yards in the backfield. From what I've read in this thread it sounds like The Mitch is making Studdard his *****. I will continue watching this explosive wrecking-ball that we know as Earl Mitchell.

- Duane Brown is looking good. Winston looked ok, but still seems to be caught off-guard by speed at times. Caldwell doesn't look like he's going to give up that RG spot. He looked really good. Brisiel and Studdard were alternating. I thought Brisiel looked better in 11-11's. Myers and Wade were rotating too. I think most know my thoughts on Myers, but admittedly, I wasn't able to focus in on them to form a solid and fair observation.

- Barwin still has quickness, but wasn't able to get much done against our T's. I wasn't impressed with the pass rush at all today, but truly hope it was just an off day.

- Our LB crew is pretty sick. Nuff said there

- Wilson and Pollard go well together. Pollard talked and he backed it up for the most part. Our CB position has the most ?'s out of all and nothing was really answered today. KJ looked lost at times, then he'd be right there making a decent play. Consistency remains an issue with the CB's at this point.

- Schaub and Dre are right where they left off. Walter did ok, but I think we'll be seeing a bit more of JJ this season. He snatched a couple out of the air today and looked fast and shifty as always after the catch.

- If Foster continues the way he's playing right now, there's no way he loses the #1. The dude hit holes with determination and once he cut he surprised the heck out of me with his quickness. Tate had a couple good reps too. It's nice to see such a competition at the RB position.

- Dreessen had a good day today. Ddn't see much from the other TE's. I'm still hoping Casey can make run at the spot.

Cjeremy635
08-02-2010, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the info Hou-Tex. :fans:

Rey
08-02-2010, 02:38 PM
Shoulders, head, and neck. This is clear to me and I am not trying to cause a stir here but it's a clear observation both mom and me have made.

I looked at the video gary, and honestly I cant see much of a difference...

HOU-TEX
08-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the info Hou-Tex. :fans:

No problem. It was a nice way to finish a short vacation. Friday, Saturday and Sunday where the first practices I've missed in a few years, but a little R&R on the beach was much needed.