PDA

View Full Version : Texans on or off KEYE CBS Austin this year??

HTown2ATX
07-28-2010, 01:42 PM
Man, long time since being on the board but that's fixing to change thank goodness......:hurrah:

Any Austinites or anyone know the yearly scoop on whether or not the VY jock swingers who control KEYE will be showing the Texans or the bumblescum hootinanies on TV here this year?:bat::bat::bat::bat::bat:

I'm worried with the comeback they had last year that the VY huggers will take over??

If there is already a thread on this I apologize...at work and no time to search...

Bull Pen 1
07-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Probally if not the Titans it will be the Browns.

Hardcore Texan
07-28-2010, 07:55 PM
We should get most Texans games. :texflag:

NitroGSXR
07-28-2010, 08:06 PM
Probally if not the Titans it will be the Browns.
Absolutely believe this. Colt McCoy has really been on the hype machine out here. They even had a special on Roy Williams and all that. The Burnt orange love out here is pretty demented.

El Tejano
07-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Only Cowboy jerseys and one player for the Browns on sale at Academy. Not even a sticker for Houston Texans being sold.

stevn8r
07-28-2010, 10:16 PM
Last I heard Keye was on board for all games...I, again, will be on the front lines! fighing the good fight!:bat:

Lucky
07-29-2010, 12:07 AM
Colt McCoy has really been on the hype machine out here.
McCoy won't even see the field in the regular season. Would KEYE air Browns games, just for a shot of Colt holding a clipboard?

Showtime100
07-29-2010, 01:00 AM
McCoy won't even see the field in the regular season. Would KEYE air Browns games, just for a shot of Colt holding a clipboard?

Yes, without the slightest doubt. Dementia is a terrible thing.

No More 8-8's
07-29-2010, 08:42 AM
I hope to god that the Texans games air in Austin this year. But it would not surprise me if they aired the Browns or Titans instead. Yes, we are a Texas team, but I have to believe there is more UT fans in Austin than Texans fans.

HTown2ATX
07-29-2010, 09:19 AM

Yeah, they would. They definitely would. Since living here in Austin, I was never and still am not a college football fan really. I watch, but it's just AAA league for me until the NFL is on. But being here and the whole KEYE thing has actually made me despise UT. I always root for them to lose because of this.

My fantasy would be for VY to finally give in to his mental incapabilities and become the next JaMarcus Russle and that Colt would have went to an NFC team (so on FOX and no CBS threat). Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh would that be nice!:)

I rarely would root against a hometown Houstonian. Leave it to Austin to make me despise VY.

:fans:

Mean Machine
08-01-2010, 12:27 AM
Well, if keye pulls that junk again this season, we had a pretty good group up at the Pluckers off I35 in Round Rock for a few Texans games last year.
But I do agree, the ut jock sniffers that run the cbs affiliate here in Austin are way past ridiculous....and yes, it has made me hate ut and vince young and the titans more than ever.
GO TEXANS!

hookinreds
08-01-2010, 07:36 AM
Yeah, they would. They definitely would. Since living here in Austin, I was never and still am not a college football fan really. I watch, but it's just AAA league for me until the NFL is on. But being here and the whole KEYE thing has actually made me despise UT. I always root for them to lose because of this.

My fantasy would be for VY to finally give in to his mental incapabilities and become the next JaMarcus Russle and that Colt would have went to an NFC team (so on FOX and no CBS threat). Aaaaaahhhhhhhhh would that be nice!:)

I rarely would root against a hometown Houstonian. Leave it to Austin to make me despise VY.

:fans:

If you would rarely root against a hometown Houstonian, why would you thing that Longhorn fan would want to root against a former Longhorn player? Longhorn/Cowboy fan is a tough nut to crack in these parts, and one hell of a revenue stream.

hookinreds
08-01-2010, 07:37 AM
Well, if keye pulls that junk again this season, we had a pretty good group up at the Pluckers off I35 in Round Rock for a few Texans games last year.
But I do agree, the ut jock sniffers that run the cbs affiliate here in Austin are way past ridiculous....and yes, it has made me hate ut and vince young and the titans more than ever.
GO TEXANS!

AMEN BROTHER!!! We'll be tearing it up at Pluckers again this year too!

rockabilly
08-01-2010, 10:57 AM
I think we will be alright guys. We ended the year pretty strong and the Texans were fun to watch. I think they VY fever has kind of faded off and now it's all about McCoy...who won't even see the field.

HTown2ATX
08-02-2010, 10:34 AM
If you would rarely root against a hometown Houstonian, why would you thing that Longhorn fan would want to root against a former Longhorn player? Longhorn/Cowboy fan is a tough nut to crack in these parts, and one hell of a revenue stream.

I know what you're saying. But I'm not insinuating that UT fans should hate VY or something and I'm not talking about Dallas, since they're on on FOX they don't bother my Sunday football watching experience.

What I am saying though, is that if these UT fans are so die hard, and most talk down about the NFL and act like the NCAA is not all about the money, shouldn't they just wish VY farewell and good luck and then focus on the next UT star. Maybe catch VY on a Sunday here and there sure, like "Hey, yeah, remeber VY, yeah...woo...." But not take a mindset of "we have to have VY junk so deep in our mouths we'll eff the biggest city in the state that's only a few hundred miles away for 1 friggin player on a team in the smokey ridge bumblescumness that is the tItAnS.

That's what pisses me off. And I'm not coming at you...I get your point, but that's not the angle I was trying to come from. Just talking about this subject irriates me cause everytime the Texans lose a game, the first thing I think is "I wonder if KEYE will show us next week?" which I bet a bunch of us Austinites think too when that happens. And a lot of times our fears turn to reality. Especially is the Texans lose and the Titans win a on a given week.

Now, we'll have to worry about if the Browns win too if Colt happens to be playing. :gun:

Hardcore Texan
08-02-2010, 03:40 PM
GO TEXANS!

It was good meeting you last season! I am sure I'll see u there again sometime.

AMEN BROTHER!!! We'll be tearing it up at Pluckers again this year too!

First beer is on this guy ^ :good: