PDA

View Full Version : Cody Fails Physical

rmartin65
07-27-2010, 03:16 PM
I know its early, but its not a good sign for him.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/07/27/ravens.cody.ap/index.html?eref=sihp

JB
07-27-2010, 03:19 PM
Surprised? Not much

ChampionTexan
07-27-2010, 03:22 PM
I know its early, but its not a good sign for him.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/07/27/ravens.cody.ap/index.html?eref=sihp

1st Draft Pick of 2010 draft - Fractured Skull
2nd Draft Pick of 2010 draft - Failed Physical

So do these things come in three's like celebrity deaths?

Texan_Bill
07-27-2010, 03:55 PM

Oh geeez!! Please, NO!

Section516
07-27-2010, 03:58 PM

Both were second rounders. Ravens traded out of the first. So, maybe 3 injured 2nd rounders? The Giants safety was a thirder, right?

JB
07-27-2010, 04:04 PM
Both were second rounders. Ravens traded out of the first. So, maybe 3 injured 2nd rounders? The Giants safety was a thirder, right?

CB Walt Harris also failed the conditioning test.

Texan_Bill
07-27-2010, 04:06 PM
CB Walt Harris also failed the conditioning test.

How the hell does a CB fail a conditioning test?? Has been laid up or something??

Section516
07-27-2010, 04:08 PM
ACL injury IIRC. And i think hes long in the tooth.

JB
07-27-2010, 04:09 PM
How the hell does a CB fail a conditioning test?? Has been laid up or something??

He missed last year with a knee injury.

Spled
07-27-2010, 05:41 PM
He'll be a good player if he ever learns to control the fork.

ChampionTexan
07-27-2010, 05:49 PM

Yeah - that's why I didn't say first round draft pick. Both second round picks, but they were still the Ravens first and second picks of the 2010 draft.

I'm thinking the TE they drafted in the 3rd should be very careful over the next few days.

ChampionTexan
07-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Oh geeez!! Please, NO!

Why you carin' so much about the Ravens?

Dwade
07-27-2010, 07:10 PM
This could hurt the Ravens...which is good, because we will most likely be fighting for a wild-card spot with them.

rmartin65
07-27-2010, 07:13 PM
This could hurt the Ravens...which is good, because we will most likely be fighting for a wild-card spot with them.

Eh, I dont think it matters. I just brought this up because I said Cody was an overweight, lazy, unmotivated useless blob that wont do what is necessary to be a pro player.

Dwade
07-27-2010, 07:53 PM
Eh, I dont think it matters. I just brought this up because I said Cody was an overweight, lazy, unmotivated useless blob that wont do what is necessary to be a pro player.

I agree completely. It's probably because he is from Oklahoma, can't stand those Sooners

drs23
07-27-2010, 08:00 PM

Good call.

JB
07-27-2010, 08:03 PM
I agree completely. It's probably because he is from Oklahoma, can't stand those Sooners

What? This is not the drunk thread. Cody was born in Florida and went to Alabama after attending Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College.

Where did you get Oklahoma?

I will agree that Sooners Suck.

TimeKiller
07-28-2010, 08:08 AM
Too fat to play nose tackle.

Yup.

That's hard to do.

Dwade
07-28-2010, 09:09 AM
What? This is not the drunk thread. Cody was born in Florida and went to Alabama after attending Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College.

Where did you get Oklahoma?

I will agree that Sooners Suck.

It was late, I knew he went to a college I hated...Alabama is one of them

Blake
07-28-2010, 10:06 AM
BUT BUT BUT Ozzie Newsome is the best draft GM ever!

JB
07-28-2010, 10:10 AM
Apparantly Cody passed his conditioning test this morning and is practicing with the team

infantrycak
07-28-2010, 10:11 AM
Apparantly Cody passed his conditioning test this morning and is practicing with the team

Apparently last night they changed the conditioning test to be "can lift big saggy ass off couch" and with some assistance he passed.

JB
07-28-2010, 10:23 AM
Apparently last night they changed the conditioning test to be "can lift big saggy ass off couch" and with some assistance he passed.

:spit:

damn, it hurts to laugh so hard this morning.

Blake
07-28-2010, 10:23 AM
So give a fat lazy college prospect millions, and expect him to become a fit football player? Naga....Naga.... Nagaonna work here anymore.

Mr teX
07-28-2010, 12:00 PM
He'll be a good player if he ever learns to control the fork.

Honestly with guys like him i don't think that's the issue...Some people can just put on weight easier. The downside to that is that it makes it very difficult for them to keep it off. Most guys in the nfl can slip up a little & still not have too much trouble getting back down to playing weight. If guys like him slip up even a little on conditioning, they're going to swell up like a blowfish & are going to catch hell getting back down to playing weight. He's just 1 of those guys imo.

Texan4Ever
07-28-2010, 12:54 PM
All he needs is a bit of motivation, have Ray Lewis and his college coach Nick Saban along with R. Lee Ermy brething down his neck and hell he might even loose some weight in the process! :aggressive:

Didn't Saban make some player cry during practice once?

CloakNNNdagger
07-28-2010, 03:49 PM
Terrence Cody can barely run down the length of the field (http://guyism.com/2010/07/terrence-cody-can-barely-run-down-the-length-of-the-field.html)

Ravens DT Terrence Cody could not pass his “conditioning test” in training camp yesterday, which seems feasible until you realize that the test consisted of running 50 yards and then resting before running another 50 yards.

Is this really the level professional athletes have sunk to? Just when you think JaMarcus Russell has set the bar at its lowest point by being a lazy, overweight mess, word comes out that an NFL player can’t even run down the length of the field without succumbing to an oxygen tank and a double cheeseburger?

http://cdn.guyism.com/wp-content/uploads/terrence-cody.jpg

Cody, a 350-pounder out of Alabama, twice failed the test Tuesday. The drill consists of running 25 yards, doubling back, resting for 70 seconds and repeating it twice.

That’s like running halfway to 2nd base in baseball, waiting a minute and then making your way to all the way to third base, where you someone of Cody’s stature would possibly collapse and have to be craned out for a different base runner. He couldn’t make it in baseball because if he hit a home run, he’d be unable to make it all the way around the bases.

Look, I’m all for my nose tackles to have to be weighed at truck stops, but not being able to run the length of a football field with a 70 second break in the middle is considered wildly out-of-shape for anyone that’s not Gilbert Grape‘s mom. Show some respect for the game, man. You get to play professional football, at least do enough conditioning to keep from becoming Thanksgiving Day parade fat. Maybe try a few of those NutriSystem meals instead of closing down Baskin Robbins or doubling down at KFC. They worked for Dan Marino — they call him “Skinny” now.

One day later, Ravens DT Cody launches NFL career
By DAVID GINSBURG, AP Sports Writer
2 hours, 53 minutes ago

WESTMINSTER, Md. (AP)—A day late and quite short of breath, rookie defensive tackle Terrence Cody(notes) passed his conditioning test Wednesday and formally launched his NFL career with the Baltimore Ravens.

Cody, a 350-pounder out of Alabama, twice failed the test Tuesday. The drill consists of running 25 yards, doubling back, resting for 70 seconds and repeating it twice.

“It’s down and back, down and back, down and back. It’s not complicated (but) it’s a tough test,” Ravens coach John Harbaugh said. “You’ve got to go out there and compete.”

Cody conquered the drill on Wednesday morning at 7 a.m. and was removed from the Physically Unable to Perform list before participating in his first NFL training camp practice.......................................... .After failing the test on Tuesday morning and again in the afternoon, Cody received encouragement from his new teammates and a frantic phone call from home.

Read the rest of this 2nd article (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Auy6o01D3QZP6rz7_B.Qtp7SrYZ4?slug=ap-ravens-cody)

gtexan02
07-28-2010, 03:56 PM
Is there some sort of time limit or minimum speed you have to meet in order to pass the test?

Why do people keep saying thats impressive?

Texan4Ever
07-28-2010, 04:15 PM
Mods, please move CloakNNNdagger's post to the NSFW section, no one wants to see man-boobs :headhurts:

CloakNNNdagger
07-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Is there some sort of time limit or minimum speed you have to meet in order to pass the test?

Why do people keep saying thats impressive?

The one's I'm familiar with are timed runs, with timed rests between. The "pass" run times are determined per position.

This is a "panzy" test in that most NFL conditioning tests I'm familiar with are a series of 60 or 100 yds repeated 12-16 times with 12 to 20 second rest periods between each run.

ChampionTexan
07-28-2010, 04:51 PM

Ravens DT Terrence Cody could not pass his “conditioning test” in training camp yesterday, which seems feasible until you realize that the test consisted of running 50 yards and then resting before running another 50 yards.

CAK - Amazingly, I think yours is actually more difficult than the real one.

bah007
07-29-2010, 08:54 AM
Ha it seems I couldn't have been more right on this guy.

Just because you're fat doesn't mean you can play NT.

Koolaid Time
08-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Mods, please move CloakNNNdagger's post to the NSFW section, no one wants to see man-boobs :headhurts:

As soon as he gets axed on the final day of Training Camp he will be dancing in some tranny bar.

Dan B.
08-02-2010, 02:54 AM

Reed's out too

The Pencil Neck
08-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Reed's out too

Foxworthy, too.

Mr teX
08-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Guys don't really know what it takes until they're there. You can be a fat slug in college & still dominate...not in the NFL buddy..