PDA

View Full Version : Which RB will end up with the most yards and touchdowns?

Blake
07-27-2010, 12:41 PM
Just for fun. Lets see what everybody thinks before the season begins.

TexansBlood
07-27-2010, 12:46 PM
If Slaton comes back 100% he will should be able to produce better stats then the other running backs in the team..

Vinnie
07-27-2010, 12:56 PM
I voted Ben Tate merely because I think he'll get the goal line snaps. That said, it will probably end up being Arian Foster.

badboy
07-27-2010, 12:56 PM
Just for fun. Lets see what everybody thinks before the season begins.I am going with Slaton, also. I have to tell on myself. I scanned the thread thinking it was about your BOLD predictions and was going to say none of the above.

Goldensilence
07-27-2010, 12:57 PM
It's Arian, not Adrian.

I put him down, because I'm not totally sold just yet on Slaton being healthy and I'm not sure what role will be. Tate needs to get healthy and reps before I can count him as a guy that's going to produce.

I think camp and preseason will be interesting because we're going to find out the roles of each. Not to mean that they won't change during the season.

Beer and Metal
07-27-2010, 12:58 PM
I chose other because I think we'll have RBBC.

Slaton and Foster will have nearly equal yards.

Tate will have more TDs, but not as many yards.

rmartin65
07-27-2010, 01:00 PM
Slaton wins. He may not have the most rushing yards, but add that with his receiving yards, he will have the most. Same goes for TDs. That said, this is if he is healthy.

beerlover
07-27-2010, 01:01 PM
Slaton should benefit with upgrades around him, think he can now excell more in the passing attack too :)

Rey
07-27-2010, 01:07 PM
I chose Slaton, but I think that two different backs will be the answer to that question.

Slate -yards
Tate - TD's

Assuming both stay healthy.

badboy
07-27-2010, 01:15 PM
I chose other because I think we'll have RBBC.

Slaton and Foster will have nearly equal yards.

Tate will have more TDs, but not as many yards.It would be interesting to read your idea of why Foster will equal Slaton's yards.

Blake
07-27-2010, 01:27 PM
It's Arian, not Adrian.

My mistake. I guess I have Adrian Peterson on the brain. Maybe a mod can fix it.

dc_txtech
07-27-2010, 01:34 PM
I went with Tate. I'm guessing he gets the goal line carries and I wouldn't be surprised if he lead the team in rushing yards also. We didn't use a second round pick on him to carry the ball 5-7 times a game.

ChampionTexan
07-27-2010, 02:20 PM
I voted Slaton.

As far as TD's go, some players are just better at finding the endzone than others, and I think his 10 TD's in his rookie year showed he's got that knack. Even as miserable as last year was, he still found the endzone 7 times.

As far as yards, I do think it will be a committee, but somebody's got to have the most, and I think his big play ability puts him at the top of my list.

Seņor Stan
07-27-2010, 03:35 PM
I voted Foster.

I think he comes out of camp the starter and doesn't let go. Tate may come on more often later in the season but blocking might keep him off the field early on.

m5kwatts
07-27-2010, 03:52 PM
TDs - Tate easily, hes the big red zone back we've been asking for

Rush yards - Foster, they'll be too cautious with Slaton and they're not gonna overwhelm Tate with carries

Receiving yards (amongst the RBs duh) - Slaton he's going to be the 3rd down back and they already use him a ton as a WR in motion formations.

Thorn
07-27-2010, 03:56 PM
They drafted Tate in the 2nd round for a reason, and he'll end up being the "starter". However the term "starter" might not mean a whole lot if Tate picks up his game, Foster continues to impress and Slaton is actually all healed up.

Personally, I think it will be between Tate and Foster. But like all these other predictions, we'll just have to wait.

eriadoc
07-27-2010, 04:01 PM
I think Tate will end up with the most yardage, but I'm hoping Slaton has more TDs. So I don't know which poll answer to select.

Beer and Metal
07-27-2010, 04:20 PM
It would be interesting to read your idea of why Foster will equal Slaton's yards.

Because, whoever starts between Slaton or Foster, will be benched for 3-4 games after a crucial mistake. Then the other one will catch up.

Rinse and repeat.

ATXtexanfan
07-27-2010, 04:56 PM
i think tate will come on late, this kid has the talent and i can see him closing games and getting loose in garbage time

Lucky
07-27-2010, 05:38 PM
Yards - Slaton - Steve will get as many carries as Foster, buy a better ypc.

TDs - Foster - Arian will be the short yardage/goal line back.

What about Tate? - Ben will be on the bench for much of the season because
he missed a block in training camp. In the last 2 games of the season, Tate will see the field due to injury and rip off a couple of 100 yard games. Afterwhich, Kubiak will admit he should have played the rookie more.

JB
07-27-2010, 05:58 PM
Yards - Slaton - Steve will get as many carries as Foster, buy a better ypc.

TDs - Foster - Arian will be the short yardage/goal line back.

What about Tate? - Ben will be on the bench for much of the season because
he missed a block in training camp. In the last 2 games of the season, Tate will see the field due to injury and rip off a couple of 100 yard games. Afterwhich, Kubiak will admit he should have played the rookie more.

I hear ya. And I know he has done that too many times in the past. But I am hoping that he improves as a coach just like we expect the players to improve.

b0ng
07-27-2010, 06:10 PM
I'm surprised Foster isn't leading this. Guess we've seen too many RB's tear up the last few games of one season to crash down to Earth the next.

I think with how the Texans have been talking about Steve this offseason they are going to use the guy if the docs clear him. Since I'm an optimist, I don't think we'll be seeing another Slaton injury so I'm going with the experienced veteran.

Blake
07-30-2010, 08:17 AM
Slaton has the big play ability. Foster is the current starter, and Tate was drafted in the 2nd round. They are all going to get their touches. Which is why nobody knows which one to take first in Fantasy Football mock drafts.

Goatcheese
07-30-2010, 11:22 PM
I went with Slaton but the poll went nuts on me and changed my vote to Foster.

beerlover
07-30-2010, 11:40 PM
I went with Slaton but the poll went nuts on me and changed my vote to Foster.

that's funny - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1EAl7jdIk

76Texan
07-31-2010, 01:09 PM
I want to see the Texans run the triple option.
5 linemen, Schaub under center, Foster behind him, Tate and Slaton on either side. (Our linemen are well-suited for this scheme).
We line up JJ and AJ wide (with Holiday and AD taking their turns; we can also sprinkle in other receivers) running deep routes all day long, taking away as many defenders as they can.
And let's see how NFL defenses react! LOL!

76Texan
07-31-2010, 01:18 PM
http://wcfcourier.com/sports/college/iowa/article_37814044-f803-11de-9048-001cc4c002e0.html

In addition to using smaller, quicker linemen, the system also involves unconventional blocking schemes. Offensive coordinator Brian Bohannon (Georgia Tech) said that because of the deception involved, some defenders don't even need to be blocked.

One of the staples of the option is the cut block. While most teams try to hit defenders in the mid-section and sustain their blocks, Tech's linemen and A-backs often take dead aim at the knees, then spin away to block someone else.

"They cut the heck out of you," Parker (Iowa) said. "They're probably down low blocking you more than any team in the country."

"They have speed and they're pretty much cutting guys on every play," Iowa linebacker Pat Angerer said. "Every time you look up they're cutting somebody."

Bedford said the continuous assault below the waist takes its toll.

"Guys don't like getting cut," he said. "It hurts, especially if you're going full speed and you don't see it coming. After you've cut a guy, it seems like he doesn't come as hard the next time."

Pass still a threat

In addition to the three running options, Parker said there is a fourth item to be aware of. If a safety comes up too quickly to support the run, a receiver is likely to go by him "like a ship in the night" and be open going down the field.

"It's really four things," Parker said. "It's the dive, the quarterback, the pitch and what you call the dump pass. Those things you have to have defended on every play.

"They're a running team," he added. "They run it, run it, run it but when they throw it, they're throwing for home runs."

Parker said there are no magic tactics to combat the option. Almost every defense ends up playing it the same way. Blitzing is useless and usually leads to disaster. Every defender must play his position and carry out his assignment on every play. One lapse can result in six points.

Lucky
07-31-2010, 02:58 PM
I watched practice this morning (we're talking about practice) and here are my initial observations regarding the RBs.

Foster - Foster looked like the best back out there. After his junior season at Tennessee, Foster was given a 2nd round grade from the NFL advisory committee (Arian's mom can correct me if I'm wrong). Due to an injury, Foster decided to stay in school and play his senior season. He became a victim of the Phil Fulmer's failed final year at Knoxville, ran a poor 40 due to an injury, and dropped completely out of the draft. Right now, Foster looks like the RB the advisory committee saw, post junior year. A lean, mean downhill runner with deceptive speed.

Slaton - I don't know id it was just rust, or some hesitation coming off his injury, but Slaton looked a step slow. Didn't find the holes quick enough for the most part. I still wonder if Steve is completely cleared for full contact?

Tate - Clearly the Texans biggest back. Tate looked like a rookie, stopping in the hole, or just not finding it at all. After 2 training camp practices, it's to be expected. Still, at best Tate would be the #3RB (at best), as of now.

Henry - I wasn't expecting much from Chris, but he had as much energy as any Texan on the field. He might not find every hole on time, but Henry looks like he'll make defender pay for getting in his way. Special teams play is likely key to Henry making the team, but I like his chances.

Johnson - Jeremiah looked small, slow, and not that shifty. A poor man's Darius Walker.