PDA

View Full Version : AJ:Houston Texans roster checkup, training camp edition

Wolf
07-18-2010, 11:15 PM
It's been more than two months since our last roster checkup, and with training camp right around the corner and the roster fairly stable, I'd say it's time for another look.

The Texans added three players to the roster since the last checkup on May 9. Those players are shown below in green.

There were seven undrafted free agents released during the period.

The NFL off-season roster limit is 80, but the Texans will get a roster exemption for Brian Cushing.

That means the Texans will be able to carry an extra player (53 plus Cushing) into Week 1 to help offset the loss of the 2009 Defensive Rookie of the Year, who is suspended without pay for the first four weeks of the season.

Players not under contract (currently Kareem Jackson, Ben Tate and Garrett Graham) do not count against the 80 man roster limit. But there's just enough room on the Texans roster and no cuts will have to be made when the three remaining rookies get around to signing their deals.

http://www.examiner.com/x-778-Houston-Texans-Examiner~y2010m7d18-Texans-roster-checkup-training-camp-edition?cid=channel-rss-Sports

Wolf
08-14-2011, 07:57 PM
here you go Docbar :D

the link is updated now from the 13th

DocBar
08-14-2011, 08:09 PM
I'm gonna start off with the most obvious position:DB
How many are we gonna keep on the roster and who will they be? I see us keeping JJo, Harris, Allen, KJ at CB and GQ, Manning, Nolan and Kheo at S. I'm not sure on Kheo, but he does have return experience and Kubes likes players that can multitask. The ONLY reason KJ makes the team is draft position. From what I've read/heard, McCain and McManis have done as good, if not better. Nolan makes the team because he's a practice phenom and seems to have a knack for ballhawking. He kind of displayed that during games last season, but looked lost a lot of the time and managed to break up several interceptions by tipping the ball away from OUR guy. I wonder if we could consider keeping 9 DB's?

ObsiWan
08-14-2011, 11:58 PM
here you go Docbar :D

the link is updated now from the 13th

Well, not quite. Turk, Okoye, Dan O., and Leach are still listed. But then it's dated 7/18/11.

Rey
08-15-2011, 12:29 AM
I'm gonna start off with the most obvious position:DB
How many are we gonna keep on the roster and who will they be? I see us keeping JJo, Harris, Allen, KJ at CB and GQ, Manning, Nolan and Kheo at S. I'm not sure on Kheo, but he does have return experience and Kubes likes players that can multitask. The ONLY reason KJ makes the team is draft position. From what I've read/heard, McCain and McManis have done as good, if not better. Nolan makes the team because he's a practice phenom and seems to have a knack for ballhawking. He kind of displayed that during games last season, but looked lost a lot of the time and managed to break up several interceptions by tipping the ball away from OUR guy. I wonder if we could consider keeping 9 DB's?

I think keeping 9 db's is a given.

I think the question is whether we keep more than that. I think demps makes the team over keo and I am pretty sure we will have at least 5 cb's.