PDA

View Full Version : Question about Reliant Stadium

Dash
07-17-2010, 11:49 PM
So I am planning on going to the MLS all-stars vs Manchester united game later this month at Reliant Stadium. This will actually be the first time I'll go to a sporting event at Reliant and I'm wondering if I will be able to enjoy the game. See my seats will be up in the upper level and I'm not sure if I'll be able to see anything. I always go to Rockets games in the upper level and see perfectly fine but Reliant is obviously much bigger so I'm not sure i will be able to. Rather not stare at a big screen the entire time. Anyways can anyone that has been to a Texans game (or any other game) offer some insight?

NitroGSXR
07-18-2010, 12:21 AM
So I am planning on going to the MLS all-stars vs Manchester united game later this month at Reliant Stadium. This will actually be the first time I'll go to a sporting event at Reliant and I'm wondering if I will be able to enjoy the game. See my seats will be up in the upper level and I'm not sure if I'll be able to see anything. I always go to Rockets games in the upper level and see perfectly fine but Reliant is obviously much bigger so I'm not sure i will be able to. Rather not stare at a big screen the entire time. Anyways can anyone that has been to a Texans game (or any other game) offer some insight?

There ain't a poor seat in Reliant. I sit up high in the 600s and see perfectly fine.

JB
07-18-2010, 12:26 AM
There ain't a poor seat in Reliant. I sit up high in the 600s and see perfectly fine.

Do you happen to sit around 634 section? I am looking at tickets for the Colts game.

Dash
07-18-2010, 10:06 AM

Nice, can you make out the players too?

SheTexan
07-18-2010, 10:24 AM
Nice, can you make out the players too?

I'm not trying to be sarcastic, or disagree with any of the fine folks that sit in the 600 section, BUT, I would definitley take some binoculars! The few times I have been up there the players looked about the size of a bandaide! Granted, I am getting OLD and my vision leaves a lot to be desired, but, it's a LONG way down, and difficult to make out who is who without some help.

On a positive side. I doubt the game will be a sell out, so you will probably be able to move down. NOT talking about the Colts game!

NitroGSXR
07-18-2010, 11:45 AM
I'm not trying to be sarcastic, or disagree with any of the fine folks that sit in the 600 section, BUT, I would definitley take some binoculars! The few times I have been up there the players looked about the size of a bandaide! Granted, I am getting OLD and my vision leaves a lot to be desired, but, it's a LONG way down, and difficult to make out who is who without some help.

On a positive side. I doubt the game will be a sell out, so you will probably be able to move down. NOT talking about the Colts game!

And I'm not trying to be sarcastic or disagree with any of the fine folks that sit down low. Harder to see the playing field. You're restricted to just one view. Up there, I can see the entire playing field and follow the game a lot better. Also you can get cooked pretty good down there on hot days, i.e. Pittsburg 2004.

No need for binoculars unless you're as old as gma. Fact... there is not a single bad seat in Reliant stadium. It is an extremely well designed stadium that gives people in thefront row down low and the last row up high great views. If you have trouble with the ramps, find the elevators or notify the Texans. They'll wheel you up there with ease.

Craig.
07-18-2010, 12:17 PM
I sit in 626 and can see everything just fine. Never brought binoculars and never felt a need.

Joe Texan
07-18-2010, 01:08 PM
Sitting on the front row almost is like playing in the game

gwallaia
07-18-2010, 03:37 PM
Sitting on the front row almost is like playing in the game

Except you can't see the game. :)

Showtime100
07-18-2010, 03:50 PM
One of the few things in life that is backassward and for the best. The cheapest seats are always the best.

EDIT: To be more to my point. The higher up's are generally better and cheaper.

Joe Texan
07-18-2010, 04:24 PM
Except you can't see the game. :)

Wanna Bet

imatexan
07-19-2010, 02:10 AM
One of the few things in life that is backassward and for the best. The cheapest seats are always the best.

EDIT: To be more to my point. The higher up's are generally better and cheaper.

Even though I hate the fans, not going to lie...2nd row of Club level seating is the PERFECT view!

BIG TORO
07-19-2010, 07:41 AM
It's all a matter of personal preference. In the six hundreds you can see the whole field, that been said the players you can differentiate mostly by there number you can't read there name or really tell who they are. Bottom level row A is an awsome experience especially in the bull pen but you are limited on you view. My personal preference and where I sit in lower level row S, from about row L to CC you can see the whole field and still be able to see the players really well.

ubecool454
07-19-2010, 09:59 AM
The good thing about sitting up in the 600s is you can see the play happen before the field level fans. If you like to dissect the game and see the blown coverages...who is getting blown off the ball, burned deep etc...the uppers is the place to be. I personally hate to watch a game thru binoculars so that being said...the uppers is not a good place for someone with bad vision....not a good place for a person with bad knees, overweight, or scared of heights.

Hagar
07-19-2010, 12:34 PM
Traffic can be a real bear so which lot do you have a parking pass too? How are you expecting to get to the game?

Yankee_In_TX
07-19-2010, 01:46 PM
I really wish the Bullpen was on the 50 about 10 rows back, Texans' side of the field :kitten:

nflnutswife
07-21-2010, 09:21 AM
And as far as the Hot or cold weather (2004)...It's a non issue anymore! Retractable roof...

BIG TORO
07-21-2010, 09:25 AM
I really wish the Bullpen was on the 50 about 10 rows back, Texans' side of the field :kitten:

That would be awsome and expensive!

Yankee_In_TX
07-21-2010, 10:37 AM
That would be awsome and expensive!

Ok, edit - AND at the same prices we pay now :)

SheTexan
07-27-2010, 08:21 AM
Ok, edit - AND at the same prices we pay now :)

I can BUY that!!!:fans:

Texan_Lee
07-27-2010, 02:30 PM
Ditto!!! :bender:

Joe Texan
07-27-2010, 02:58 PM
I really wish the Bull Pen was right under my feet right now!

Texan_Bill
07-27-2010, 07:29 PM
I really wish the Bull Pen was right under my feet right now!

I see what you did right there!! :D