PDA

View Full Version : Will Cush return to form?

Trail.Blazr
07-15-2010, 08:07 AM
There is no question that Cushing has a passion for the game of football that is hard to equal. He seems to be a fun guy, in touch with the fans and a huge difference maker on the field, which all combined makes his a legitimate fan favorite!

However, I'm also a non-believer by nature when ANYONE busted for roids goes into denial. True or False.. don't matter. The unfortunate reality is that the history of this scene over the past years has played out that the denials are usually false. Overwhelmingly false, maybe..

Anyway, worst case scenerio here is knowingly or "ahem" unknowingly, Cush was juicing. My limited knowledge on the results from juicing is that:
- it makes you stronger
- it makes you bigger
- it makes you aggressive(roid rage)

I fear that if Cush was popped and has since stopped, that what we will see in week 5 will be a shell of what we saw in '09.

HJam72
07-15-2010, 08:15 AM
Meh, he'll find a way to hide it. :)

HJam72
07-15-2010, 08:16 AM
I still say playing football over the age of about 14 is worse for you health than steroids.

redwhiteANDblue
07-15-2010, 08:28 AM
I deny the fact cushing took steriods so he'll be the same ol' cush!:kitten:

TimeKiller
07-15-2010, 09:08 AM
Wasn't steroids he got busted for.

He's still big. He's a big dude. He's still fast, steroids don't make you faster. He's still a baaaaad mutha *SHUT YO MOUTH* but I'm talkin bout the CUSH *WE CAN DIG IT*

Dude was training MMA style all offseason. I'm gonna put the over/under at 2.5 and the subject is "How many RBs Cushing judo flips this year"

TheCD
07-15-2010, 10:05 AM
I wouldn't worry too much. He tested negative all season after the first positive, and only got better as time went on.

Nervous? Sure. But I'm willing to bet he has a slight sophomore slump and people starting blaming in on steroids. Most players in the NFL have a sophomore slump, so it's almost inevitable that his production will decline at least somewhat.

infantrycak
07-15-2010, 10:21 AM
They've already weighed in and Cushing reported at 259 lbs so he hasn't shrunk any.

dc_txtech
07-15-2010, 10:28 AM
I wouldn't worry too much. He tested negative all season after the first positive, and only got better as time went on.

Nervous? Sure. But I'm willing to bet he has a slight sophomore slump and people starting blaming in on steroids. Most players in the NFL have a sophomore slump, so it's almost inevitable that his production will decline at least somewhat.

With the numbers he put up last year, it's going to be very difficult to match those results. Steroids or not.

El Tejano
07-15-2010, 10:30 AM
Yes he will.

Goldensilence
07-15-2010, 10:33 AM
With the numbers he put up last year, it's going to be very difficult to match those results. Steroids or not.

With the 4 game suspension, it's pretty much guaranteed he's not going to be able to put up numbers like last year.

Physically Cush is just a big guy and what really separates him is the intensity he brings to the field. Long as he brings that I'm sure he'll be fine.

gary
07-15-2010, 10:46 AM
We just won't know for sure untill he gets on the field.

BSofA04
07-15-2010, 10:50 AM
We was busted for hCG in September. He was then drug tested throughout the rest of the year with no more positives. Considering that he was still a beast in December, I have no reason to believe he won't be as good in 2010 as he was in 2009.

Insideop
07-15-2010, 12:05 PM
We was busted for hCG in September. He was then drug tested throughout the rest of the year with no more positives. Considering that he was still a beast in December, I have no reason to believe he won't be as good in 2010 as he was in 2009.

Excuse my ignorance, but what is hCG? I know he wasn't popped for steroids, but I believe they said it was one of those substances that can hide steroid use. Is that what hCG is?

infantrycak
07-15-2010, 01:11 PM
Excuse my ignorance, but what is hCG? I know he wasn't popped for steroids, but I believe they said it was one of those substances that can hide steroid use. Is that what hCG is?

hcg is a compound which is produced naturally in low quantities. It's what many pregnancy dipstick tests are looking for as pregnancy elevates its level. It is on the banned list for the NFL as a substance which is frequently used in conjunction with steroids. After a steroid cycle it is used to bump start testosterone production and make sure the marbles don't shrink.

Texecutioner
07-15-2010, 01:20 PM
There is no question that Cushing has a passion for the game of football that is hard to equal. He seems to be a fun guy, in touch with the fans and a huge difference maker on the field, which all combined makes his a legitimate fan favorite!

However, I'm also a non-believer by nature when ANYONE busted for roids goes into denial. True or False.. don't matter. The unfortunate reality is that the history of this scene over the past years has played out that the denials are usually false. Overwhelmingly false, maybe..

Anyway, worst case scenerio here is knowingly or "ahem" unknowingly, Cush was juicing. My limited knowledge on the results from juicing is that:
- it makes you stronger
- it makes you bigger

I fear that if Cush was popped and has since stopped, that what we will see in week 5 will be a shell of what we saw in '09.

I think he'll be just as good. He's stating in tip top shape and has such a strong passion for the game unlike many other players. He wants to be great and will work extra hard if he has to.

And Cush had great instincts all over the field last season. Roids can't help him with that. He flew from sideline to sideline and got to spots where the ball was landing very well. Roids or no roids, he isn't going to lose those types of instincts. I think he plays well.

CTWade
07-15-2010, 01:31 PM
hcg is a compound which is produced naturally in low quantities. It's what many pregnancy dipstick tests are looking for as pregnancy elevates its level. It is on the banned list for the NFL as a substance which is frequently used in conjunction with steroids. After a steroid cycle it is used to bump start testosterone production and make sure the marbles don't shrink.

The thing with Cush (with regards to the original poster) is that he has been swearing the hcg level was natural. It was so low that it would have past the previous year's test. Believe I've read that he passed a lie detector test while proclaiming his innocence. He's very ardent about it.

infantrycak
07-15-2010, 01:38 PM
The thing with Cush (with regards to the original poster) is that he has been swearing the hcg level was natural. It was so low that it would have past the previous year's test. Believe I've read that he passed a lie detector test while proclaiming his innocence. He's very ardent about it.

In a way the low level and subsequent negative tests work against Cushing. There are natural causes for elevated hcg levels but they result in really big levels and remain elevated until the underlying medical condition is treated.

CTWade
07-15-2010, 01:46 PM
Well, Cush certainly strikes me as the kind of player that will take every edge he can get. Hyperbolic chambers, chemicals, whatever. I wouldn't be surprised if he really did take hcg and steroids. But when so many football players are getting busted for punching out people at strip clubs, running dog fights or molesting women in bathrooms I have a hard time getting worked up about athletes juicing up for a competitive edge. Alas.

Just noting how intent Cushing is to prove his innocence is all.

New_Texans
07-15-2010, 02:47 PM
Cush will be fine, he has what makes Demeco great, football instincts. you cant get that through performance enhancers and you can't teach that either. He's probably gonna be more agile now too with the MMA training.

Rey
07-15-2010, 03:08 PM
I think Cush will probably be just as good. I'm more concerned about the 4 games he's suspended for.

Trail.Blazr
07-15-2010, 03:12 PM
Well, Cush certainly strikes me as the kind of player that will take every edge he can get. Hyperbolic chambers, chemicals, whatever. I wouldn't be surprised if he really did take hcg and steroids. But when so many football players are getting busted for punching out people at strip clubs, running dog fights or molesting women in bathrooms I have a hard time getting worked up about athletes juicing up for a competitive edge. Alas.

Noted. Given, the sentiment of my original post was a hypothetical worst case scenario in regards to the assumption he was juicing, the topic is more about a feasible return to form, which based on feedback would indicate indifference.

So correct me if I'm wrong, but with further thought and analyzing the feedback in this thread, it seems to me that the only real advantage to be found in juicing is in speeding up the cycle of being able to retrain your body faster. Once you cycle off, that investment doesn't go away, so long as your training remains.

Are there any other contributing factors that would feed the fear of any tangible drop off in Cushing's level of play?

Insideop
07-15-2010, 04:26 PM

Thanks for the info cak. I just read an old blog (May 16th) from TC on chron.com that explains a lot. http://blogs.chron.com/texanschick/2010/05/brian_cushing_confirmation_bia.html It's long but worth reading and may clear up some of the misconceptions out there.

Rey
07-15-2010, 04:32 PM

In a way the low level and subsequent negative tests work against Cushing. There are natural causes for elevated hcg levels but they result in really big levels and remain elevated until the underlying medical condition is treated.

This is what I have not been able to understand.

If Cushing was using HCG after a cycle, wouldnt' his levels be elevated instead of lowered? Or does steroid usage, even further lower your levels?

If Cush had abnormally low levels, wouldn't that mean that he was not taking HCG to off-set steroid use?

infantrycak
07-15-2010, 04:37 PM
This is what I have not been able to understand.

If Cushing was using HCG after a cycle, wouldnt' his levels be elevated instead of lowered? Or does steroid usage, even further loweryour levels?

If Cush had abnormally low levels, wouldn't that mean that he was not taking HCG to raise off-set steroid use?

The steroids can cause lowered testosterone levels. He didn't fail a testosterone test. Cushing tested positive for elevated hcg levels.

eriadoc
07-15-2010, 04:45 PM
I still say playing football over the age of about 14 is worse for you health than steroids.

Depends on your POV, I guess. One kills (organ damage, etc.), one cripples (joints, tons of surgeries, etc.).

TheCD
07-15-2010, 05:48 PM
- it makes you stronger
- it makes you bigger

There is no substantiated medical evidence that steroids improve athletic performance. Gains is muscle mass are obvious, as are the psychological factors (increased agression, etc.), but actual scientific tests involving cyclists, swimmers, and weightlifters have yet to show an increase in performance (in testing strength, endurance, stamina, etc.).

That is not to say it doesn't, however. Tests are kept to the legal dosage, and athletes are reported to commonly use up to 10 times an individual dose to "maximize" effectiveness during each administration. It would be unethical to use such high dosages on subjects.

The medical community's official stance (up until about the early '90s) used to be that there were no gains made by steroids whatsoever. The stance has since changed to that of "there are no proven gains to be made by steroids as of yet."

I apologize for no link, I am a substance abuse counselor and my sources come from texts. My information is a couple of years old, in case anyone has more up-to-date information to share. These assertions are based on sports alone, and no other area in which steroids might be used.

HouSportsWriter
07-15-2010, 06:28 PM
before
http://www.lancs.ac.uk/~mcknight/nerd.jpg

during
http://www.onlinewagering.ws/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/brian-cushing.jpg

after
http://www.lancs.ac.uk/~mcknight/nerd.jpg

dont get me wrong hes guna be fine....but may need a dateing website or two

dinkatoid
07-15-2010, 08:11 PM
I think he will start off slow, but get rolling to full speed after a game or two. I feel like most athletes start slow at the first few games of the season and progressively reach their peak. Its not so bad when a lot of people are doing this at the same time, but is extremely noticeable when someone comes off of suspension and then is starting slow while others are already at full speed.

As for his case, the thing that confuses me, is that (if I am correct in my facts) Hcg is used after a steroid cycle. So you would juice for x number of weeks, then take this for a few weeks after, and I assume the dosage would shrink a little bit at the end, or just linger for a bit as the levels evened out to normal production levels. If he got busted in Sept, according to something I read, it means he would have probably been on steroids during the combine.

I understand why someone would want to be at peak performance during the combine, but I am not sure why anyone in their right mind would juice during it. That place is loaded with tests, seems like a real stupid thing to do. I can't for the life of me remember the name of the guy, but there was a lineman that got drafted by the packers several years back that was juicing hardcore in college, so much so people used to refer to him as the incredible bulk. I think he even said in an interview he was scared as hell to juice during the combine, and thats when he stopped - so he would be clean when he went.

Carr Bombed
07-15-2010, 08:36 PM

Most players who drug in the offseason do it in the offseason, when they're trying to get physical gain during offseason training. They then quit towards the end of the offseason and use that added strength for a competitive edge.

Where HGH and other PED's help you is in your recovery time.....if you bounce back from fatigue and wear and tare, you can workout harder and train more often than other players.

Cushing getting busted in September for a masking agent that experts say is taken at the end of a cycles to stimulate the testes, when players usually get off of their cycles anyway doesn't mean he's going to return to form.

Remember Roger Clemens' great "offseason workouts"? They were notorious and like Cushing's were highly publicized....

I'm not saying the kid can't return to form, just that the reason he will turn above really isn't "because he had a great season after getting popped".

Brian Cushing can still go on to have a great career though, because he's still young.

Trail.Blazr
07-15-2010, 08:48 PM
Cushing getting busted in September for a masking agent that experts say is taken at the end of a cycles to stimulate the testes, when players usually get off of their cycles anyway doesn't mean he's going to return to form.

I'm not saying the kid can't return to form, just that the reason he will turn above really isn't "because he had a great season after getting popped".

I may need some HGH to recover from trying to figure out what these lines mean.

Please elaborate.

JB
07-15-2010, 08:50 PM

Please elaborate.

First one means to get the balls working like a man's should again.

Don't know about the second.

Second Honeymoon
07-15-2010, 08:53 PM

sad but true. it was always a MASH unit with all the walking wounded in the hallways of our highschool the Monday after a Friday night battle on the gridiron. Of course, Spring High sucked back then at football so it was always a huge asswhoopin' most of the time.

hopefully Cush can keep the intensity and stay healthy without the aid of PEDs. I am curious to see how much muscle mass he loses, if any. Hopefully he was just using it to get healthy and not to supply him with the fire and controlled passion he showed on the football field. By far the best defender to ever put on a Texans uniform...hope it wasn't all a pharmaceutical mirage.

m5kwatts
07-15-2010, 08:55 PM
I'd be worried about Cushing if he was lazy and didn't care. That kid cares way too much and is way too dedicated, it's impossible for him not to succeed.

JB
07-15-2010, 08:57 PM
sad but true. it was always a MASH unit with all the walking wounded in the hallways of our highschool the Monday after a Friday night battle on the gridiron. Of course, Spring High sucked back then at football so it was always a huge asswhoopin' most of the time.

hopefully Cush can keep the intensity and stay healthy without the aid of PEDs. I am curious to see how much muscle mass he loses, if any. Hopefully he was just using it to get healthy and not to supply him with the fire and controlled passion he showed on the football field. By far the best defender to ever put on a Texans uniform...hope it wasn't all a pharmaceutical mirage.

They've already weighed in and Cushing reported at 259 lbs so he hasn't shrunk any.

Doesn't look like he has lost any...

Texan_Bill
07-15-2010, 09:06 PM
Re: Will Cush return to form?

Yes!! CUSHING > Pigeon

Carr Bombed
07-15-2010, 09:36 PM

Please elaborate.

my bad, it's supposed to be return.

Long day in the sun today..., My head isn't right. :)

GP
07-16-2010, 01:11 AM
I would imagine that he and his entourage are doing as much as they can to make sure that when he DOES hit the playing field...he is spectacular.

Because if he's not, the sports media will be all over that sort of story.

It's going to be imperative that he be in top form, and performing very well, as soon as drills begin. Then scrimmages. Then pre-season games. Then the first game he's back after having the four-week wait during reg season.

He'll be under more pressure than he ever dreamed.

It's going to make his rookie year seem like a breeze.

powerfuldragon
07-16-2010, 03:32 AM

sig's a bit of a scroll, no?

beerlover
07-16-2010, 05:55 AM
Cushing will have a huge chip on his shoulder plus no nagging injurys, those four games he missed will be added on in the playoffs :wesmantexanfan:

CloakNNNdagger
07-16-2010, 04:17 PM
There is no substantiated medical evidence that steroids improve athletic performance. Gains is muscle mass are obvious, as are the psychological factors (increased agression, etc.), but actual scientific tests involving cyclists, swimmers, and weightlifters have yet to show an increase in performance (in testing strength, endurance, stamina, etc.).

That is not to say it doesn't, however. Tests are kept to the legal dosage, and athletes are reported to commonly use up to 10 times an individual dose to "maximize" effectiveness during each administration. It would be unethical to use such high dosages on subjects.

The medical community's official stance (up until about the early '90s) used to be that there were no gains made by steroids whatsoever. The stance has since changed to that of "there are no proven gains to be made by steroids as of yet."

I apologize for no link, I am a substance abuse counselor and my sources come from texts. My information is a couple of years old, in case anyone has more up-to-date information to share. These assertions are based on sports alone, and no other area in which steroids might be used.

Nice post, CD.

You are correct that studies to date have shown “conflicting” results on enhancement of strength and muscle mass.......all except those performed in the Soviet Union / Russia. Most all of the studies, though have shown that the efficiency of oxygen consumption and capacity for endurance is not enhanced. Yet, it is difficult to avoid the unmistakable consistent observations such as muscle and strength gains in serious strength muscle sports such as weightlifting and football. On the other hand, with cyclists who rely more on endurance, it makes sense that there would be lesser benefits.

I feel that I need to comment on the statement that “The stance (of the medical community) has since changed to that of 'there are no proven gains to be made by steroids as of yet'." On its face, this is true. However, physicians who are well-versed in the issue understand that the designs of essentially all existing studies are poorly constructed or self limiting......whether disingenuously or not.

First of all, there are virtually no strictly controlled or double-blinded studies (where the tester is not privy [introducing unacceptable bias] to who takes the drug and who doesn’t).

Next, virtually all studies include non-serious and inexperienced weight and strength training subjects.

Furthermore, virtually all of the studies are cut off at the 6 to 8 week period. For those familiar with “phases” of weight training, they know that this first phase of training induces mostly neural and metabolic changes in the muscle.......sort of a preparation phase. Significant muscular bulk and strength changes are not likely to have occurred by then.

Finally, the studies (except for the Russian studies) have utilized much lower doses of the test substances than normally used by serious weight lifters and typical professional sports users. Why? In the US, controlled studies must be approved by IRBs (institutional review boards). Over the years, I’ve dealt with many. These boards are established to oversee the ethics of the study, including the assurance of not exposing human subjects to potentially harmful substances, especially in high doses.........Hence, no truly valid studies...........except from Russia (where they have not uncommonly shown a lack of medical ethics, and can’t even spell IRB).

BTW, the Russian studies have left no doubt of the enhancing effects on muscle mass and strength on well-trained athletes, although some died on the way. But using a famous Russian (or maybe it’s not) saying, “Sometimes you have break a few eggs on the way.

CONCLUSION: Anabolic steroids in a football player = enhanced muscle mass + enhanced muscle strength = enhanced performance.

Of course, one can always choose to “not believe your lying eyes.”

Insideop
07-16-2010, 06:11 PM
Nice post, CD.

You are correct that studies to date have shown ďconflictingĒ results on enhancement of strength and muscle mass.......all except those performed in the Soviet Union / Russia. Most all of the studies, though have shown that the efficiency of oxygen consumption and capacity for endurance is not enhanced. Yet, it is difficult to avoid the unmistakable consistent observations such as muscle and strength gains in serious strength muscle sports such as weightlifting and football. On the other hand, with cyclists who rely more on endurance, it makes sense that there would be lesser benefits.

I feel that I need to comment on the statement that ďThe stance (of the medical community) has since changed to that of 'there are no proven gains to be made by steroids as of yet'." On its face, this is true. However, physicians who are well-versed in the issue understand that the designs of essentially all existing studies are poorly constructed or self limiting......whether disingenuously or not.

First of all, there are virtually no strictly controlled or double-blinded studies (where the tester is not privy [introducing unacceptable bias] to who takes the drug and who doesnít).

Next, virtually all studies include non-serious and inexperienced weight and strength training subjects.

Furthermore, virtually all of the studies are cut off at the 6 to 8 week period. For those familiar with ďphasesĒ of weight training, they know that this first phase of training induces mostly neural and metabolic changes in the muscle.......sort of a preparation phase. Significant muscular bulk and strength changes are not likely to have occurred by then.

Finally, the studies (except for the Russian studies) have utilized much lower doses of the test substances than normally used by serious weight lifters and typical professional sports users. Why? In the US, controlled studies must be approved by IRBs (institutional review boards). Over the years, Iíve dealt with many. These boards are established to oversee the ethics of the study, including the assurance of not exposing human subjects to potentially harmful substances, especially in high doses.........Hence, no truly valid studies...........except from Russia (where they have not uncommonly shown a lack of medical ethics, and canít even spell IRB).

BTW, the Russian studies have left no doubt of the enhancing effects on muscle mass and strength on well-trained athletes, although some died on the way. But using a famous Russian (or maybe itís not) saying, ďSometimes you have break a few eggs on the way.

CONCLUSION: Anabolic steroids in a football player = enhanced muscle mass + enhanced muscle strength = enhanced performance.

Of course, one can always choose to ďnot believe your lying eyes.Ē

Excellent post CND! Rep your way.

barrett
07-17-2010, 12:05 PM
In case anyone is wondering, Cushing seems to think he'll be okay (http://www.northjersey.com/sports/071610_Stapleton_Brian_Cushings_atonement_under_wa y.html#):

Iíve realized Iím a lot tougher than I ever thought

Iím just hungrier, more dedicated and stronger mentally now more than ever

I think if anything, Iím going to be 100 times better than ever before because of this. Iíve been going through a lot, and thatís when you find out who is really with you.

Those are the people Iím going to repay more than ever.

steelbtexan
07-17-2010, 12:19 PM
I dont wory about Cushings play. I do worry about his ability to bounce back from injuries.

C-N-D could speak better on this subject.

Lucky
07-17-2010, 12:23 PM
He's still fast, steroids don't make you faster.
Anyone remember this guy?

http://wingnight.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/benjohnson.jpg

Wolf
07-17-2010, 12:30 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs179.snc4/38290_144513425563710_122321497782903_439633_74328 59_n.jpg

Try grapple grip pull ups

Brian cushing's facebook

http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?pid=439633&id=122321497782903

CloakNNNdagger
07-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Anyone remember this guy?

http://wingnight.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/benjohnson.jpg

Good example. Anabolic steroids with increased leg muscle mass and strength can make a significant difference with especially with short explosive runs......much less so for distance runners. Keep in mind distance runners can still deal in milliseconds in making the difference. So even they, in the end, like cyclists, can gain advantage with the use of steroids.

CloakNNNdagger
07-17-2010, 02:50 PM
I dont wory about Cushings play. I do worry about his ability to bounce back from injuries.

C-N-D could speak better on this subject.

Anabolic steroids "help" the healing process by decreasing the inflammatory healing phase and help the muscle rebuild later. This basically happens with muscle injuries. However, with continued use, it blocks the normal collagen synthesis of which tendons, ligaments and cartilage are mostly made up of. All of these structures have poor blood supplies and therefore very poor healing properties. Add to it, the fact that stronger muscles place immense stress on them, and further hinder their limited ability to heal......and actually encourage reinjury. Although it has been shown that steroid use can lead to increases in protein synthesis by sometimes 500%, depending on dose and time, most users forget that it will reduce collagen synthesis by 70- 80%, giving you the collagen synthesis rate of a nursing home resident.

Joe Texan
07-17-2010, 03:03 PM
I cant wait tille we hand him four wins and say get to Work.

BSofA04
07-18-2010, 12:28 AM
I cant wait tille we hand him four wins and say get to Work.
Yeah buddy.

steelbtexan
07-18-2010, 01:42 PM
Anabolic steroids "help" the healing process by decreasing the inflammatory healing phase and help the muscle rebuild later. This basically happens with muscle injuries. However, with continued use, it blocks the normal collagen synthesis of which tendons, ligaments and cartilage are mostly made up of. All of these structures have poor blood supplies and therefore very poor healing properties. Add to it, the fact that stronger muscles place immense stress on them, and further hinder their limited ability to heal......and actually encourage reinjury. Although it has been shown that steroid use can lead to increases in protein synthesis by sometimes 500%, depending on dose and time, most users forget that it will reduce collagen synthesis by 70- 80%, giving you the collagen synthesis rate of a nursing home resident.

Thanks for the info.

Cant believe players would trade their later years of health just to be a better football player.

However it seems as though a steroid user would be more dedicated to their craft than a normal payer. If this were Texas hold'em a guy that uses PED's are all in.

Cushing reminds me of this type of guy. As opposed to a guy like Okoye. IMHO

Lucky
07-18-2010, 06:08 PM
I dont wory about Cushings play.
I don't, either. Cushing played the bulk of his rookie season with this failed test looming over his head. All he did was have as good a season as any LB in the AFC. Cushing should be fresh, having to go only 12 games. I'm a lot more concerned with the Texans team over the initial 4 games without Cushing.

Brian, don't let this happen again.

IDEXAN
07-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Cant believe players would trade their later years of health just to be a better football player.

Really, because I sure can ?
It's their life man, for many of them it's all they really care about. Do you really think a guy in the NFL places as much emphasis on his "quality of life"
for later in his 40s, 50s, and beyond when he's twenty something living his dream in the present ?
As for Cushing, I hope he's the same player we saw in '09, but I'm skeptical ?

ChampionTexan
07-19-2010, 01:52 PM

Really, because I sure can ?
It's their life man, for many of them it's all they really care about. Do you really think a guy in the NFL places as much emphasis on his "quality of life"
for later in his 40s, 50s, and beyond when he's twenty something living his dream in the present ?
As for Cushing, I hope he's the same player we saw in '09, but I'm skeptical ?

Shouldn't be a surprise to anybody paying attention. See the "Goldman dilemma"

LINK (http://nslog.com/2010/06/03/goldman_dilemma)