PDA

View Full Version : Old Earl Campbell ad

toronto
07-13-2010, 04:50 PM
Man was that a different time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5514hBeIGCs&playnext_from=TL&videos=kH-cZXfFahQ

drs23
07-13-2010, 04:56 PM
I knew it was the "Skoal Brotha" commercial before I even looked. Makes me an old fart I guess.

Texans_Chick
07-13-2010, 05:17 PM
The awesomeness of that is so awesome.

NitroGSXR
07-13-2010, 05:24 PM
No way those are 36 inch thighs. I've alwaysbeen skeptical of the size.

Hookem Horns
07-14-2010, 12:11 AM
Different time indeed. Do you think a NFL player would get away with marketing tobacco today? I tend to doubt it.

Unfortunately, Earl isn't doing too good of late. I ran into him at 3rd Base a couple of years ago. He was just hanging out with Roosevelt Leaks. He was real nice, etc however it was sad to see that he had to be helped to his car when he left. He can barely walk due to his failing health.

NitroGSXR
07-14-2010, 12:26 AM
Different time indeed. Do you think a NFL player would get away with marketing tobacco today? I tend to doubt it.

Unfortunately, Earl isn't doing too good of late. I ran into him at 3rd Base a couple of years ago. He was just hanging out with Roosevelt Leaks. He was real nice, etc however it was sad to see that he had to be helped to his car when he left. He can barely walk due to his failing health.

I saw him a couple of times even more recently than that. He's getting worse very quickly. It's devastating. Earl's my hero. Still is.

Texan_Bill
07-14-2010, 12:29 AM
The awesomeness of that is so awesome.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!

Seriously though, I gave up dippin' and chewin' while in the military!

Texan_Bill
07-14-2010, 12:31 AM
Long live Earl............. even being a "T-Sip"!! He will always have my love!!

Hookem Horns
07-14-2010, 12:41 AM
Long live Earl............. even being a "T-Sip"!! He will always have my love!!

That goes both ways, Ray Childress comes to mind.

chicagotexan2
07-14-2010, 11:39 AM

You're such a sucker for Longhorns with big spicy sausages (with A-1) Bill. :hobie::hobie:

Texan_Bill
07-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Exactly!!!

You're such a sucker for Longhorns with big spicy sausages (with A-1) Bill. :hobie::hobie:

:foottap: Bastard!! All was good until the mention of A-1.

El Tejano
07-14-2010, 11:53 AM
No way those are 36 inch thighs. I've alwaysbeen skeptical of the size.

You never met him in person have you?

http://www.discountdisplaycases.com/images/products/p-37839-earl-campbell-houston-oilers-8x10-photo-blue-jersey-action-hf-9022.jpg

Yes, those are thigh pads that could only fit on the side of his thigh.

NitroGSXR
07-14-2010, 12:41 PM
You never met him in person have you?

http://www.discountdisplaycases.com/images/products/p-37839-earl-campbell-houston-oilers-8x10-photo-blue-jersey-action-hf-9022.jpg

Yes, those are thigh pads that could only fit on the side of his thigh.

I think he knows me by name now. I've met him off and on over the years. Back when he was playing for the Saints, he came into my literacy class to visit with my teacher all the time. They were old college classmates. Anyway, I didn't see him again until I moved out here in to Austin. He actually is a very public fellow. He mingles with his fans all the time. He's a very good guy. A true Texan at heart and has our famous hospitality built within himself. Earl Campbell is my hero.

Now... that being said... his thighs sure are tree trunks but I question them actually being 36 inches. I think it's an exaggeration somewhat but I can't really comment because I was young when he came to CH's classes. Everything looks huge to a 12-13-14 year old. I need to ask him if I see him again and I'm sure I will. He's no stay at home fellow.

drs23
07-14-2010, 12:50 PM

I guess I missed something here. Is Ray Childress' health failing as well. Haven't heard anything about him in years.

Hookem Horns
07-14-2010, 01:02 PM
I guess I missed something here. Is Ray Childress' health failing as well. Haven't heard anything about him in years.

Texan Bill an Aggie said he loved Earl despite being a Longhorn. My response was it goes both ways. There are some Aggies that are we love because they were great Oilers, like Ray Childress.

chicagotexan2
07-14-2010, 01:13 PM
Damn I really do miss all my old Oilers (except Ian Howfield)

drs23
07-14-2010, 01:17 PM
Texan Bill an Aggie said he loved Earl despite being a Longhorn. My response was it goes both ways. There are some Aggies that are we love because they were great Oilers, like Ray Childress.

Thank you. That makes sense. So he's still healthy, yeah?