PDA

View Full Version : Owens concerned about his image as a "trouble maker"

Goldensilence
07-13-2010, 02:55 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5377014

NEW YORK -- Terrell Owens says he's concerned teams are swayed by the perception that he's a troublemaker and that's why none have signed the free-agent receiver.

Owens told The Associated Press on Tuesday that his season in Buffalo proved he won't be a distraction. Owens insists his statistics from 2009 are deceiving because the Bills dealt with coaching upheaval and offensive line injuries. The 36-year-old believes he can still be an elite NFL receiver.

Owens says talk that he has unrealistic salary demands is untrue. He's comfortable waiting until after training camp starts to sign with a team.

For now, he's keeping busy promoting his reality show on VH1. The second season premiered Sunday.

Jeeze ya think Terrell? How incredibly dense.

drs23
07-13-2010, 03:22 PM
Perhaps if he held on to a few more passes and hadn't showboated his whole career, he'd have a job already.:kitten:

Texan_Bill
07-13-2010, 03:34 PM
San Francisco - check
Baltimore - check
Philadelphia - check
Dallas - check
Buffalo - check!!

Ummmm, there isn't a perception that he's a trouble maker, it can be banked as fact, that he's a trouble maker.
:thinking:

gary
07-13-2010, 03:38 PM
Asshat- check

gtexan02
07-13-2010, 03:42 PM
San Francisco - check
Baltimore - check
Philadelphia - check
Dallas - check
Buffalo - check!!

Ummmm, there isn't a perception that he's a trouble maker, it can be banked as fact, that he's a trouble maker.
:thinking:

Whatd he do in Buffalo?

HOU-TEX
07-13-2010, 03:59 PM
You reap what you sow. :evil:

Hardcore Texan
07-13-2010, 04:08 PM
He played in Baltimore? I must have slept through that nonsense.

HOU-TEX
07-13-2010, 04:10 PM

It was close to a done deal then he bailed on them to go to Philly. So he basically screwed them over without even signing with them.

CloakNNNdagger
07-13-2010, 04:49 PM
Trust me when I say FOOTBALL is my life. Who says I don't stay focused?

http://sports-odds.com/images/stories/terrell-owens-butt.jpg

Dutchrudder
07-13-2010, 04:53 PM
And Lindsey Lohan is concerned about her image as a crack whore. So what's new?

El Tejano
07-13-2010, 05:28 PM
I remember in an interview with Ray Lewis after TO mocked his dance, he was asked what he thought about TO doing that and Ray responded with something to the affect of 'make sure you watch what you are doing because one day all these people that you are so great are going to turn against you and then what are you going to do?'

Look at what's happening now TO.

Texecutioner
07-13-2010, 05:30 PM
San Francisco - check
Baltimore - check
Philadelphia - check
Dallas - check
Buffalo - check!!

This right here ^^ = CHECKMATE!!!! End of story. Nothing else to be said for this guy. What goes around comes around and it finally came around. I just hope that ESPN and these other ****ty media networks don't hire him for any analyst gigs or special appearances. TO is dying to be a star and to have more attention and fame. I just want him to go away so badly.

El Tejano
07-13-2010, 05:36 PM
I thought he did well in Buffalo. Played for a crappy team with no real QB, still had about 80 balls caught with about 800 yards right.

At one point ESPN Mike&Mike in the morning gave him props for how he handled the media after a loss one Sunday when he kept saying "I can only execute the plays they call." The media kept trying to get him to say something and he refused.

JB
07-13-2010, 05:48 PM
I thought he did well in Buffalo. Played for a crappy team with no real QB, still had about 80 balls caught with about 800 yards right.

At one point ESPN Mike&Mike in the morning gave him props for how he handled the media after a loss one Sunday when he kept saying "I can only execute the plays they call." The media kept trying to get him to say something and he refused.

55 rec for 829 yds

El Tejano
07-13-2010, 05:51 PM
That's not bad. He wants to play for a very low amount of money.

Texecutioner
07-13-2010, 05:53 PM

That is #2 WR stats though. He still had some melt downs on the field last season. THey just didn't show it as much. He was brought over there to be big time WR, not a #2 WR.

ChampionTexan
07-13-2010, 06:04 PM
To all NFL teams who could potentially want to sign me:

Last year proves that I won't be a distraction, because previous years don't matter - only the most recent.

Last year does not prove that my talent is diminishing because only the most productive years matter - not the most recent.

Signed,

Terrell Owens

(And yeah, I still love me some ME!)

ChampionTexan
07-13-2010, 06:20 PM

It was close to a done deal then he bailed on them to go to Philly. So he basically screwed them over without even signing with them.

I can't believe I'm going to borderline defend him, but T.O. never wanted to go to Baltimore - he was traded there by San Fran when they believed they still held his rights after his agent at the time (Not Drew Rosenhaus) screwed up the timing on the notification to exercise a cancellation clause in his contract.

Rather than take the thing to arbitration or a special master, or wherever they would have had to take it (most likely because they didn't like their chances), the Forty-Niners, Ravens and Eagles agreed to undo the initial trade, and trade him to Philly (where he'd already come to terms on a deal) for some measly amount of compensation back to the 'Niners.

Texecutioner
07-13-2010, 06:22 PM
I can't believe I'm going to borderline defend him, but T.O. never wanted to go to Baltimore - he was traded there by San Fran when they believed they still held his rights after his agent at the time (Not Drew Rosenhaus) screwed up the timing on the notification to exercise a cancellation clause in his contract.

Rather than take the thing to arbitration or a special master, or wherever they would have had to take it (most likely because they didn't like their chances), the Forty-Niners, Ravens and Eagles agreed to undo the initial trade, and trade him to Philly (where he'd already come to terms on a deal) for some measly amount of compensation back to the 'Niners.

Yeah, this is all true. The situation with Baltimore wasn't actually his fault. It was his agent's fault at the time.

Hardcore Texan
07-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Yeah, this is all true. The situation with Baltimore wasn't actually his fault. It was his agent's fault at the time.

So asshat by association, got it!

Texan_Bill
07-15-2010, 07:49 AM
Who employs his agent??

And how quickly people forget that TO was "disappointed" at his role in Buffalo!

CloakNNNdagger
07-15-2010, 08:09 AM
TO: I’d ‘definitely be open’ to playing for Patriots (http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2010/07/14/to-id-definitely-be-open-to-playing-for-patriots/)

Terrell Owens said he'd "definitely be open" to the idea of playing for the Patriots. (AP)

Wide receiver Terrell Owens said Wednesday morning he’d “definitely be open” to playing for the Patriots. The 36-year-old wide receiver, currently a free agent, told WJMN Radio he’d welcome an opportunity to play in New England.

“I’d definitely be open to that,” said Owens, who played with the Bills last season and caught 55 passes for 829 yards and five touchdowns.

Owens addressed his critics who believe he’d need to catch a certain amount of passes to be satisfied, saying he’d be like LeBron James and take a lesser role and less money in an attempt to make it work with the Patriots.

His egotism is amazing. News Flash: T.O.........YOU'RE NO LEBRON!

Dutchrudder
07-15-2010, 08:57 AM
TO: I’d ‘definitely be open’ to playing for Patriots (http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2010/07/14/to-id-definitely-be-open-to-playing-for-patriots/)

If there was anyone else the sports world that would do a special like "The Decision", it would be TO.

BullNation4Life
07-15-2010, 09:11 AM
If there was anyone else the sports world that would do a special like "The Decision", it would be TO.

Or one - up and have his own reality TV show...

wait....

OzzO
07-15-2010, 12:41 PM

Or one - up and have his own reality TV show...

wait....

Nah - he'd probably do something to go above and beyond like working out or doing situps in public... maybe even in front of his house while a camera is on him.

oh... um......

Anyway, how gracious of him to be open to the possiblity of going to play with the patriots. I'm sure their GM is on the phone as soon as he heard the news.

Texecutioner
07-15-2010, 12:46 PM

I don't see the Patriots being interested in TO. Randy Moss has said several times before that he wouldn't want to play with TO on the same team. They've got plenty of WR's right now any way.

Texan_Bill
07-15-2010, 12:54 PM
I don't see the Patriots being interested in TO. Randy Moss has said several times before that he wouldn't want to play with TO on the same team. They've got plenty of WR's right now any way.

Hmmm, I didn't know that.

HOU-TEX
07-15-2010, 01:23 PM

Me neither. :shrug:

Texan_Bill
07-15-2010, 01:34 PM
Me neither. :shrug:

How bad of an asshat must you be if a turd like Randy Moss doesn't even want you as a teammate???

JB
07-15-2010, 01:38 PM
How bad of an asshat must you be if a turd like Randy Moss doesn't even want you as a teammate???

TO bad

Texecutioner
07-15-2010, 01:39 PM

Yeah, when TO was looking for a team last off season before the Bills picked him up it was rumored that he wanted to play for the Pats then. I think they were one of the only teams that a lot of the media thought would take a chance on him because they've had so much success at dealing with other personalities. So a lot of the media people asked Moss questions about it, and he said he felt that him and TO wouldn't be a good mix together. It seemed to me like Moss didn't' really like TO to much when watching the interview.

Lol!! Yeah, true but if you think about it, they are both two totally different types of jerks. TO is an attention hound who wants everyone to look at him, constantly demands the ball, and thinks the world is all about him. Moss is more of a private kind of guy that simply doesn't give a damn about pleasing anyone and half the time doesn't care about his performances on the field either. One guy wants to be on the news every day, while the other wants to fish and get stoned all the time. Two totally different kind of guys.

Texan_Bill
07-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Yeah, when TO was looking for a team last off season before the Bills picked him up it was rumored that he wanted to play for the Pats then. I think they were one of the only teams that a lot of the media thought would take a chance on him because they've had so much success at dealing with other personalities. So a lot of the media people asked Moss questions about it, and he said he felt that him and TO wouldn't be a good mix together. It seemed to me like Moss didn't' really like TO to much when watching the interview.

Lol!! Yeah, true but if you think about it, they are both two totally different types of jerks. TO is an attention hound who wants everyone to look at him, constantly demands the ball, and thinks the world is all about him. Moss is more of a private kind of guy that simply doesn't give a damn about pleasing anyone and half the time doesn't care about his performances on the field either. One guy wants to be on the news every day, while the other wants to fish and get stoned all the time. Two totally different kind of guys.

Yeah! Two completely different cats!!

GuerillaBlack
07-15-2010, 02:14 PM

Randy Moss isn't exactly the most classy receiver either.

Texan_Bill
07-15-2010, 02:17 PM
Randy Moss isn't exactly the most classy receiver either.

That was exactly my point! :)

CloakNNNdagger
07-15-2010, 02:18 PM

Completely agree. And, furthermore, before signing Moss, it was quite evident that Bellichick had always shown admiration for Moss the player. I've never heard the same in reference to T.O.

GuerillaBlack
07-15-2010, 02:58 PM
That was exactly my point! :)

Ah, I see what you mean. :)

Texan_Bill
07-15-2010, 08:06 PM
Ah, I see what you mean. :)

Did you see what I did there?? ;)

WWJD
07-15-2010, 08:11 PM
Terrell said his post football plans include interior decorating.

Perhaps it's time to get out the fabric swatches and paint chips.

Texan_Bill
07-15-2010, 08:12 PM
Terrell said his post football plans include interior decorating.

Perhaps it's time to get out the fabric swatches and paint chips.

I knew he was ghey!!!

I kid... I kid!!!

WWJD
07-15-2010, 08:16 PM
I knew he was ghey!!!

I kid... I kid!!!

Well I don't know if he likes to swing with Tarzan or play with Jane but he wants to do interior decorating!

JB
07-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Well I don't know if he likes to swing with Tarzan or play with Jane but he wants to do interior decorating!

Perhaps he wants to swing like Jane and play with Tarzan

TexasBoY25
07-15-2010, 09:18 PM
• old
• trouble maker
• cancer
• cry baby
• past his prime
• etc...

Call him what you want but this dude still is a really good football player, productive!! I wouldn't mind if the Raiders pick him up, I think we have a good rep with "old washed up players" that are given another shot

JB
07-15-2010, 09:22 PM
• old
• trouble maker
• cancer
• cry baby
• past his prime
• etc...

Call him what you want but this dude still is a really good football player, productive!! I wouldn't mind if the Raiders pick him up, I think we have a good rep with "old washed up players" that are given another shot

Yep! I would love to see him go to the Raiders. Especially when they are starting to show signs of coming out of their Lionesque play.

You gotta be kiddin me!

TexasBoY25
07-15-2010, 09:25 PM
Yep! I would love to see him go to the Raiders. Especially when they are starting to show signs of coming out of their Lionesque play.

You gotta be kiddin me!

I wish I was, but I completly agree with you on your comment

JB
07-15-2010, 09:35 PM
I wish I was, but I completly agree with you on your comment

Dude, I think the Raiders are pretty close to regaining some respectability in spite of Al Davis. They do not need any more disasters like TO. Need to stay chill and slowly climb there way out. No more panicky moves like signing TO would be. They got some good young receivers and a QB that may be able to get them the ball now. Don't blow it up by bringing in a lockerroom cancer to a young team.

TexasBoY25
07-15-2010, 09:51 PM
Dude, I think the Raiders are pretty close to regaining some respectability in spite of Al Davis. They do not need any more disasters like TO. Need to stay chill and slowly climb there way out. No more panicky moves like signing TO would be. They got some good young receivers and a QB that may be able to get them the ball now. Don't blow it up by bringing in a lockerroom cancer to a young team.

I just feel like our WR's are too young and maybe we need some veteran presence. Yeah T.O might not be one of the best teammates but I still think he is a good on the field player. I do agree with you and maybe you are right, maybe we don't need a player like him in our team but if we get him it won't bother me and if we don't it won't kill me

JB
07-15-2010, 09:53 PM
I just feel like our WR's are too young and maybe we need some veteran presence. Yeah T.O might not be one of the best teammates but I still think he is a good on the field player. I do agree with you and maybe you are right, maybe we don't need a player like him in our team but if we get him it won't bother me and if we don't it won't kill me

IMO TO is the last thing you need on your team. You have some good young receivers and if you really think you need a veteran presence, get Tim Brown or Jerry Rice to come talk to them. TO would blow that team up in a matter of weeks.

GuerillaBlack
07-16-2010, 12:00 AM
IMO TO is the last thing you need on your team. You have some good young receivers and if you really think you need a veteran presence, get Tim Brown or Jerry Rice to come talk to them. TO would blow that team up in a matter of weeks.

Like he did the Bills? ;)

JB
07-16-2010, 07:30 AM

Buffalo did not have team that he could blow up. Evans and Jackson and ???

HOU-TEX
07-16-2010, 09:46 AM

I agree, JB, good post. I'm kinda diggin the Raiders this season too. Getting rid of the lardass and having a nice draft might put them back on the AFC West map. I can see anywhere from 6-9 wins by looking at their schedule. It won't be easy though

The Bills didn't need TO to blow them up. They did a nice job of it themselves. It might even get worse this year. Gailey? Seriously?

Rey
07-16-2010, 10:22 AM
Wide receiver Terrell Owens is still looking for a job and he's more than willing to join the Patriots -- even at a reduced pay rate.

Owens told WJMN radio Wednesday that he'd "definitely be open" to joining the Patriots. The Patriots haven't said anything or hinted at all about signing the controversial wide-out, but he could be a viable option especially with Wes Welker's uncertain return timetable following knee surgery.

Here's the best part: T.O. is willing to catch passes in Foxboro at a discounted rate, proving he's willing to take less money in order to have a chance to win -- kind of like that LeBron James fellow.

"I'm like LeBron," he said. "I can go there and take less of a role, take less money and put everything aside and make it work."

While the LeBron comparisons are a bit far-fetched, T.O. would be a great candiate for a second installment of "The Decision."

At this rate, however, Owens is going to have to "take less of a role, take less money and put everything aside and make it work" anywhere, without any real job offers on the table.

If Owens were to become a Patriot, he might have to have a conversation with head coach Bill Belichick about this Spygate-inspired celebration from a few years back.

http://www.nesn.com/2010/07/terrell-owens-willing-to-take-paycut-to-join-patriots.html

edit: I see that this was posted already

CloakNNNdagger
07-18-2010, 04:40 PM
OWENS STORY DOESN'T ADD UP (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8192ec50/article/owens-has-only-himself-to-blame-for-his-struggles-finding-a-team)

Follow this timeline…

On Wednesday, Terrell Owens goes on WEEI radio in Boston and says the following:

"People think that they have that perception about me. Of course. Any receiver ... what receiver that's out there that's had great stats, great careers, that didn't want the ball? I'm no different," Owens said. "But of course -- I mean, you've got Brady there. You've got the great mind, coach Belichick. "I'm like LeBron [James]. I can go there and take less of a role, take less money and put everything aside and make it work." Owens added he would "definitely be open" to playing for the Patriots this season.

On Thursday, Jon Beason appears on NFL Network and does a chat for NFL.com, in which he says, "There's no way T.O. could be a Panther. Based on the fact that our ownership and coaches believe that the locker room is important and based on T.O.'s history, for whatever reason, he's been a distraction the locker room."

On Friday Jon Beason posted the following on his Twitter account:

"I have to apologize for my comments regarding T.O. I personally would want him on our team in Carolina," "He's been a great WR for a very long time and will without a doubt be a hall of famer. ... I was asked if I 'thought' the panthers would bring in T.O. ... If asked would I win the lottery I'd reply with the same answer... NO. ... In my mind both probabilities are unlikely. I never said I wouldn't take TO in carolina. He'd be a great addition opposite steve smith."

On Friday Terrell Owens' agent Drew Rosenhaus (also agent for Jon Beason) goes on ESPN live to say the following:

"It's really picking up, and this isn't just agent rhetoric. I'm very encouraged as of late. I'm very optimistic that Terrell will have multiple options to choose from between now and the start of most training camps." Rosenhaus added that he's talking with five teams and said that one has aggressively joined the picture.

Something is not right here. Do you think that maybe Rosenhaus had a little chat with Beason (client-to-client privilege) and asked him to back off the comments about T.O. for the good of his business? I am not saying he did, but where there is smoke, there might be a little fire.

As for five teams interested in T.O., maybe there are, but where? Owens last week blamed the media for all his "perceived character problems", then went on to say he had a problem with Chiefs head coach Todd Haley and would never play want to play for him. So my question is this: Is it the media or is it T.O.? And where are the five teams?

ubecool454
07-18-2010, 06:31 PM
Show some love for T.O. You haterz act like he raped somebody (twice). I met T.O. down in Atlanta and he is a pretty cool guy as long as there is not a camera around. MARK MY WORDS! T.O. will be playing in Carolina this 2010 season. There are a lot of teams that want him but it probably won't be until after the first 4 or 5 games that they wish they had went after him. Jon Beason didn't retract his comments because it was the right thing to do. I'm willing to bet Drew Rosenhaus told him "Man we're trying to sign him on your team...take it back".

CloakNNNdagger
07-18-2010, 10:18 PM
Show some love for T.O. You haterz act like he raped somebody (twice). I met T.O. down in Atlanta and he is a pretty cool guy as long as there is not a camera around. MARK MY WORDS! T.O. will be playing in Carolina this 2010 season. There are a lot of teams that want him but it probably won't be until after the first 4 or 5 games that they wish they had went after him. Jon Beason didn't retract his comments because it was the right thing to do. I'm willing to bet Drew Rosenhaus told him "Man we're trying to sign him on your team...take it back".

When is the last time that TO offered more production than disruption? You speak of character problems, perceived or otherwise, as benign and trivial. It doesn't take too much looking to find teams that have been virtually "destroyed" by a "cool guy" nut case. Disruption does not require criminality. Cool guys behind the scenes that purposefully pull bone head stuff for the camera call themselves professional wrestlers.

ubecool454
07-19-2010, 02:31 PM
When is the last time that TO offered more production than disruption? You speak of character problems, perceived or otherwise, as benign and trivial. It doesn't take too much looking to find teams that have been virtually "destroyed" by a "cool guy" nut case. Disruption does not require criminality. Cool guys behind the scenes that purposefully pull bone head stuff for the camera call themselves professional wrestlers.

disruptions.....if a player is able to cause disruption on a team then the coaches are to blame. I like the way that the Bengals coaching staff handles chad Johnson when he starts acting up. I don't see any difference in the two players...they love attention from the camera and they both usually produce on the field. What problem did T.O. cause with the Bills last year? If he was raping and shooting and drinking and driving, I might have a problem with him but he hasn't done any of that. Pro wrasslin has a villian and it appears T.O. has made himself a NFL villian but that doesn't make him a bad person. He'll play again in 2010.

Texecutioner
07-19-2010, 02:51 PM
disruptions.....if a player is able to cause disruption on a team then the coaches are to blame. I like the way that the Bengals coaching staff handles chad Johnson when he starts acting up. I don't see any difference in the two players...they love attention from the camera and they both usually produce on the field. What problem did T.O. cause with the Bills last year? If he was raping and shooting and drinking and driving, I might have a problem with him but he hasn't done any of that. Pro wrasslin has a villian and it appears T.O. has made himself a NFL villian but that doesn't make him a bad person. He'll play again in 2010.

Have you not watched football that much over the last 10 years? TO has been destructive everywhere he went, and yeah he was in Buffalo as well. THey just didn't talk about it for days, but he threw his QB under the bus early on in the season and also displayed his similar behaviour on the sidelines at one point. He was just in Buffalo and no one cared.

Philly - He was kicked off of the team, because he was so disruptive

SF - He called his QB gay, said that his entire team was heartless on tv and trashed them.

Dallas - ALmost had a fight with Witten. Trashed his OC, trashed his QB, and almost had a fight with Todd Haley when he was there.

Seriously,there isn't one remote argument to make for the guy.

El Tejano
07-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Pittsburgh will sign him.

ubecool454
07-19-2010, 03:18 PM
Have you not watched football that much over the last 10 years? TO has been destructive everywhere he went, and yeah he was in Buffalo as well. THey just didn't talk about it for days, but he threw his QB under the bus early on in the season and also displayed his similar behaviour on the sidelines at one point. He was just in Buffalo and no one cared.

Philly - He was kicked off of the team, because he was so disruptive

SF - He called his QB gay, said that his entire team was heartless on tv and trashed them.

Dallas - ALmost had a fight with Witten. Trashed his OC, trashed his QB, and almost had a fight with Todd Haley when he was there.

Seriously,there isn't one remote argument to make for the guy.
I still say the Headcoach or and coaches were weak if they cannot control their players. If you had to play in Buffalo you would probably "act up" too..lol. I'm not saying he hasn't been a problem but I think he will be picked up for minimum and with the right team can help them out. Just because he almost had a fight with Witten who is to say he was in the wrong? Nothing wrong with trashing and fighting cowboys. SF you have to admit that if you met garcia for the first time that you would have thought the same thing..lol. Philly did the right thing since they couldn't control him. Big Ben is a bigger disruption to me...the guy rapes women when he gets drunk. T.O. has a bad reputation and he will pay for it but the guy can still help a team.

CloakNNNdagger
07-19-2010, 03:20 PM

Any time that a team must expend ANY significant effort/resources to keep a player in line, it hits as an overt disruption or a stealth destruction of that team. I think I'll end it here. There's no point in further trying to argue a point that has been so self-evident.

HOU-TEX
07-19-2010, 03:26 PM
disruptions.....if a player is able to cause disruption on a team then the coaches are to blame.

I still say the Headcoach or and coaches were weak if they cannot control their players.

This is the NFL, not Junior High or High School. NFL coaches should NOT have to baby sit their players.

He probably will get a gig somewhere, but who cares really?

infantrycak
07-19-2010, 04:07 PM
SF you have to admit that if you met garcia for the first time that you would have thought the same thing..lol.

No since he was dating this at the time:

http://pds.exblog.jp/pds/1/200705/31/29/d0049629_23265495.jpg

http://www.ahilosu.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/carmella-decesare6.jpg

beerlover
07-19-2010, 04:09 PM

:yikes:

Texecutioner
07-19-2010, 04:14 PM
I still say the Headcoach or and coaches were weak if they cannot control their players. If you had to play in Buffalo you would probably "act up" too..lol. I'm not saying he hasn't been a problem but I think he will be picked up for minimum and with the right team can help them out. Just because he almost had a fight with Witten who is to say he was in the wrong? Nothing wrong with trashing and fighting cowboys. SF you have to admit that if you met garcia for the first time that you would have thought the same thing..lol. Philly did the right thing since they couldn't control him. Big Ben is a bigger disruption to me...the guy rapes women when he gets drunk. T.O. has a bad reputation and he will pay for it but the guy can still help a team.

YOu're just making up a bunch of excuses without any valid reasoning. He called his QB gay to the media and trashed him when he was a pro bowler. No other players do that typically. Then he immediately did it to another QB that was a pro bowler that go to the SB without him and he trashed him. Then he trashed another pro bowler QB. It never stops.

On an earlier post you claimed that he didn't cause problems in Buffalo and in this post right here you excused it and said that I would have acted the same way. That right there doesn't make any sense and no I would not have acted that way. None of his teammates did that, so that's not true. TO causes problems wherever he goes and he's got no respect for his team or for the sport in general. He's just an attention craving nut that will never be satisfied. I just hope that he never ends up playing on any teams that I root for.

gary
07-19-2010, 04:52 PM
Is TO really gay? I know this is off topic but I'd like someone to be serious if that is possible. Thank you.

CloakNNNdagger
07-19-2010, 06:41 PM
Is TO really gay? I know this is off topic but I'd like someone to be serious if that is possible. Thank you.

Not likely, Gary............... but maybe.

http://www.uncoached.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/terrell_owens-1.jpg
I ALREADY TOLD YOU.........NO THANK YOU!

Though all of his QBs have been.:kitten:

CloakNNNdagger
07-19-2010, 06:43 PM

He dated several Playboy Playmates.

gary
07-19-2010, 06:46 PM
Not likely, Gary............... but maybe.

http://www.uncoached.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/terrell_owens-1.jpg
I ALREADY TOLD YOU.........NO THANK YOU!

Though all of his QBs have been.:kitten:This is not real?

Koolaid Time
07-19-2010, 06:52 PM
He should be concerned about his reputation as an author as well.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51HvtndHriL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Little-Learns-Share-Time-Outs/dp/1933771208

CloakNNNdagger
07-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Sums up how most teams view TO.

http://www.patsfans.com/images/frankie/terrell-owens-cartoon.jpg

CloakNNNdagger
07-19-2010, 07:01 PM
This is not real?

The picture is real.

gary
07-19-2010, 07:03 PM
The picture is real.
Was it before or after a game?

JB
07-19-2010, 07:04 PM

IIRC it was a commercial

gary
07-19-2010, 07:16 PM
IIRC it was a commercial
ok.

Old School
07-19-2010, 07:19 PM

If this is what being ghey can get you.....:thinking:

gary
07-19-2010, 07:43 PM
I have found the reason he has not been signed yet.
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee312/gary1992/terrell-owensshow.jpg

infantrycak
07-19-2010, 08:17 PM

It was a commercial for the super bowl.

If this is what being ghey can get you.....:thinking:

Yeah if that's gay sign me up for rainbow underwear.

CloakNNNdagger
07-20-2010, 01:13 PM
It was a commercial for the super bowl.

Yeah if that's gay sign me up for rainbow underwear.

Me too, ordered my video...............http://www.smileystar.com/emoticons/msn-funny-emoticons/gay-dancer.gif ................and already practicing.:)

CloakNNNdagger
07-24-2010, 04:53 PM
TO has always contended that he is focused on being picked up by a "contender" team. It looks like such a team is seriously pursuing his services. The problem is that the team is a fierce "contender" for the lottery.

Sources: Rams intensify Owens talks

By Chris Mortensen
ESPN

The St. Louis Rams have intensified discussions in hopes of signing free agent Terrell Owens, according to sources close to the player and team.

The Cincinnati Bengals, as reported by ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, are also engaged in talks with Owens.

The Bengals signed free-agent receiver Antonio Bryant during the offseason but Bryant has struggled so far. According to a team source, that has motivated the Bengals to take another look at Owens.

One source said the Rams have gotten very aggressive in their pursuit of Owens and it's possible that Owens will sign with the Rams or Bengals within the next 48 to 72 hours.

mattieuk
07-25-2010, 01:42 AM
TO has always contended that he is focused on being picked up by a "contender" team. It looks like such a team is seriously pursuing his services. The problem is that the team is a fierce "contender" for the lottery.

Man I feel for Bradford (well, as much as you can feel for a guy who is about to sign on the dotted line for millions of dollars...).

TO is ont the guy I want on my team with a Rookie QB, unless they are going to sit Bradford a year until TO leaves town and the young receivers have learnt how to act douchy.

SA Texan
07-25-2010, 08:08 AM
I couldn't imagine them bringing T.O. in with Bradford as their starter...that's like asking for a disaster.

CloakNNNdagger
07-25-2010, 09:00 AM
I couldn't imagine them bringing T.O. in with Bradford as their starter...that's like asking for a disaster.

Imagine it, SA Texan. The reasoning behind this is so convoluted, it is comical. There's a reason why the Rams are the Rams.

Rams interested in positive locker room influence, Terrell Owens (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Rams-interested-in-positive-locker-room-influenc?urn=nfl-257976)

ChampionTexan
07-25-2010, 11:44 AM
This is not real?

The picture is real.

It was a intro to MNF/Promo for Desperate Housewives.

LINK (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY0VIc7KbTU)

TexasBoY25
07-26-2010, 02:45 PM
Report are that the Rams are no longer interested on Terrell Owens so I guess he will be a Bengal this season, it will just come down to him taking a pay cut. Soon to be Ocho Uno

CloakNNNdagger
07-26-2010, 09:08 PM
Report are that the Rams are no longer interested on Terrell Owens so I guess he will be a Bengal this season, it will just come down to him taking a pay cut. Soon to be Ocho Uno

The Rams dropped out of the bidding today because TO didn't want to decrease his asking price. The Bengals are hanging in there hoping that TO gives up the ghost. The Bengals haven't thrown smart money after receivers in the past. If TO does drop his price, they are likely to more than they bargained for........in more than one way.

El Tejano
07-27-2010, 07:41 AM
The Rams dropped out of the bidding today because TO didn't want to decrease his asking price. The Bengals are hanging in there hoping that TO gives up the ghost. The Bengals haven't thrown smart money after receivers in the past. If TO does drop his price, they are likely to more than they bargained for........in more than one way.

Yeah, I'd much rather just pay him to shut up.

Brando
07-27-2010, 04:55 PM
Owens agrees to one-year contract with Bengals

link (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81954d2d/article/owens-agrees-to-oneyear-contract-with-bengals&campaign=nfl_fb)

Texan_Bill
07-27-2010, 05:19 PM
link (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81954d2d/article/owens-agrees-to-oneyear-contract-with-bengals&campaign=nfl_fb)

YUP... Just heard that. 1560 was joking about who is gonna throw the first punch; Chad Johnson or TO..

Texecutioner
07-27-2010, 07:07 PM
YUP... Just heard that. 1560 was joking about who is gonna throw the first punch; Chad Johnson or TO..

I don't think that will happen between them. They're very good friends. I think the question will be more about who Carson Palmer gets into it with first, because Palmer doesn't put up with mouthy diva WR's. He's had to call out Johnson before in the past. With TO there now, there really is no telling what him and CJ could end up doing if Carson isn't playing up to their standards. I could easily see TO and CJ ganging up on him and attacking him through the media. They're both notorious for stuff like that.

And what really pisses me off about this is that Shipley got drafted to this circus of a franchise. He's a great prospect and a good kid and now he probably won't get an opportunity to have any more than a David Anderson role this season wit Antonio Bryant there. Don't forget about him. He acts like a turd to. That's 3 turd diva WR's all on one roster. I feel really bad for Carson right now.