PDA

View Full Version : NFLN Analyzes the Texans

Hardcore Texan
07-06-2010, 02:03 PM
For those of you keeping up with the segment about all 32 teams as ranked by the fans, Texans come in at #15.

Here's the vid:

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/index.asp?mm_file_id=4162&play_clip=Y

Texan4Ever
07-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Not to hijack your thread but I thought I would throw this in to. Its Yahoo Sports solution to our red-zone problem:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ArOXcum4Y2ZzkrnXimxezc4Zc9AF?slug=ys-undersurveillancetexans062910

Ryan
07-06-2010, 02:32 PM
Very nice. I hope this is our year and that OD plays like his old self this year.

Hardcore Texan
07-06-2010, 02:34 PM
I thought they kind of interrupted OD a few times and not let him finish what he was trying to say. Would have like to seen a little more football talk and less chit chatting.

buddyboy
07-06-2010, 03:06 PM
I thought they kind of interrupted OD a few times and not let him finish what he was trying to say. Would have like to seen a little more football talk and less chit chatting.

Ehhh, OD seemed a little quiet/nervous. I'm not surprised that the guys took control of the conversation more. It's like if they were interviewing AJ. No one in their right mind would let AJ dominate the conversation because there would be quite a bit of silence.

GuerillaBlack
07-06-2010, 03:09 PM
ESPN's First Take also had a special about the Texans today, interviewing Steve Slaton.

TimeKiller
07-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Not to hijack your thread but I thought I would throw this in to. Its Yahoo Sports solution to our red-zone problem:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=ArOXcum4Y2ZzkrnXimxezc4Zc9AF?slug=ys-undersurveillancetexans062910

I like that article. And it's not like we couldn't throw a decent power package together at the goalline. It would just involve removing Myers and Studdard because they aren't strong. Just get the 7 biggest and likely, strongest guys on the team and put them up there. If you can't get a yard running behind the 7 biggest, strongest guys on the team then you deserve to go 8-8 (give or take a w/l) every year.

thunderkyss
07-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Very nice. I hope this is our year and that OD plays like his old self this year.

On todays episode of total access, Jamie Dukes picked OD as the TE who will get 1000 yards receiving.

Hardcore Texan
07-06-2010, 10:34 PM
On todays episode of total access, Jamie Dukes picked OD as the TE who will get 1000 yards receiving.

I just saw that, but I thought Dukes picked OD to lead the league in rec. yards for a TE?

thunderkyss
07-06-2010, 10:38 PM
I just saw that, but I thought Dukes picked OD to lead the league in rec. yards for a TE?

Maybe that was it.

Norg
07-07-2010, 12:12 AM
Our secondary and O line is what still scares me teh most

b0ng
07-07-2010, 11:55 AM

This was my thoughts as well. Rather than talking football and the offseason moves the Texans did or didn't make, it was like Eisen and co. standing around a water cooler that OD happened to be near.

JB
07-07-2010, 12:18 PM
This was my thoughts as well. Rather than talking football and the offseason moves the Texans did or didn't make, it was like Eisen and co. standing around a water cooler that OD happened to be near.

That's the way they do it with all their guests, and really wasting the opportunity imo.

Malloy
07-08-2010, 02:39 AM
hm... not too worried about it, it's fairly obvious that that's the theme of the program, no in-depth analysis but more a friendly 'give this team a face' kinda deal.

So, not alot of football talk, but a nice 'introduction' to the texans if you're one of the many out there that has no clue what we're about :)

KMG 365
07-08-2010, 01:09 PM
The Texans coming in at #15 might be a blessing. Last year the Saints were #15 in the fan rankings and we know how their season went.

Tonight on Total Access they will rank the top five WR's in the league. They better put Andre at #1 or else I will boycott that show for 24 hours. :)

MEGA SWATT
07-08-2010, 10:25 PM
^^Hey, I like it.:whip: