PDA

View Full Version : Jags forfeit final two OTAs

JB
06-17-2010, 11:23 AM
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- The Jacksonville Jaguars have forfeited their final two organized team activities to resolve a complaint filed against the team regarding the intensity and tempo of drills.

The Jaguars settled the unspecified complaint with the NFL Management Counsel and the NFL Players Association on Thursday. It was unknown who filed the complaint and when.

Coach Jack Del Rio was scheduled to address the situation later Thursday. Jacksonville canceled practices Monday and Tuesday, their final two on-field workouts before training camp.

The NFL's collective bargaining agreement sets rules for OTAs, which are non-contact drills without pads. Teams practice in shorts, shirts and helmets.

Oakland and Baltimore were penalized for similar infractions last week.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5297117

HOU-TEX
06-17-2010, 11:37 AM
So did the Lions

Detroit Lions coach Jim Schwartz scheduled his team's offseason with the expressed purpose of finishing with a grinding, five-day flourish to simulate a training camp schedule. That plan was nixed Thursday when the Lions agreed to forfeit their final two organized team activities after violating the NFL's collective bargaining agreement.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/post/_/id/13251/detroit-lions-shorten-next-weeks-work

Cjeremy635
06-17-2010, 11:38 AM
Hmmmm...I'm torn here. Part of me says that it's a good thing that they are being penalized and missing out on time that could really help their team. The other part of me says that these guys came to play this year and are starting out with a fire eraly on. Hopefully the first thought applies.

No More 8-8's
06-17-2010, 11:43 AM
Hmmmm...I'm torn here. Part of me says that it's a good thing that they are being penalized and missing out on time that could really help their team. The other part of me says that these guys came to play this year and are starting out with a fire eraly on. Hopefully the first thought applies.
Either way its still not good to be missing Practice.

CloakNNNdagger
06-17-2010, 02:40 PM
Either way its still not good to be missing Practice.

Think of how many players will be well rested when they are released.:texflag:

b0ng
06-17-2010, 03:23 PM

Did you think it was a good thing when we were docked practices for the same thing?

Carr Bombed
06-17-2010, 03:33 PM
LOL, I think they have Jordan Black on their roster....

I wonder if he ratted out another team.

infantrycak
06-17-2010, 03:41 PM

This comes about because players complain so it isn't an indication of being fired up.

b0ng
06-17-2010, 04:03 PM
LOL, I think they have Jordan Black on their roster....

I wonder if he ratted out another team.

If I remember right, it was Dan Stevenson that made the huge stink about it. Jordan Black got hurt but I don't remember him wanting to express his hurt vagina to the media.