PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young suspected of assault

J_R
06-13-2010, 01:29 PM
DALLAS (CBS 11 / TXA 21) ― Tennessee Titans quarterback Vince Young is the prime suspect in a Saturday night assault at a Dallas strip club that left an individual with bodily injury, an official with the Dallas Police Department said Sunday.

No warrant has been issued, but police say Young is the prime suspect. The altercation allegedly broke out after words were exchanged at Club Onyx on 10557 Wire Way. Police believe Young left the scene before officers arrived, a DPD official said.

http://cbs11tv.com/local/vince.young.suspect.2.1748889.html

CloakNNNdagger
06-13-2010, 01:39 PM
http://cbs11tv.com/local/vince.young.suspect.2.1748889.html

WHO ME??? It was another dude wearing a #10 Titans Jersey XL with a sausage hanging out of his pants!!

http://image.cbslocal.com/0/2008/01/09/175x131/young_1.jpg

Mailman
06-13-2010, 01:48 PM
Black Jesus didn't turn the other cheek? Unpossible!

pbat488
06-13-2010, 01:53 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Z37Gr_iOcBo/Rvf8r3ZssjI/AAAAAAAAAMI/MmsQiSsnqbs/s320/BookEm.jpg

JB
06-13-2010, 01:55 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Z37Gr_iOcBo/Rvf8r3ZssjI/AAAAAAAAAMI/MmsQiSsnqbs/s320/BookEm.jpg

:lol: I bet you been waiting a while to use that...

pbat488
06-13-2010, 01:58 PM
As an Aggie, I don't get a whole lotta chances to rub it in UTs face, especially with all this conference stuff exalting the great Longhorns, so I gotta take it when I can.

:victory:

b0ng
06-13-2010, 02:25 PM
Mad about the 2005 Heisnman.

brakos82
06-13-2010, 02:27 PM
Strip club eh?

http://scottandholman.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/vince-young-shirtless.jpg

Drew_Smoke
06-13-2010, 03:02 PM
I was riding around earlier listening to NFL Talk on Sirius. They kept mentioning trouble for VY. So I hit 610....

I listen for a while and no mention so I called in. I asked the producer if he knew what the deal was. He said he had no clue about it. So I say let me on and I will ask. I make it home while on hold.

15-20 mins goes by and I hang up. Screw it...I got better things to do. I have the radio on anyway and 1 caller after I hang up...guess who has breaking news...lol????

The interent is faster than the call board I guess.

CloakNNNdagger
06-13-2010, 03:08 PM

Vince is a fast learner................PacMan taught him well.

ChampionTexan
06-13-2010, 03:38 PM
Fortunately, VY is expected to receive leniency, as immediately after he injured the victim, he proceeded to heal him.

barrett
06-13-2010, 03:55 PM
PFT (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/13/report-vince-young-suspected-of-assault/):

The roller-coaster ride known as Vince Young's NFL career continues. Only days after his belated case for the 2005 Heisman Trophy received a huge boost, Young finds himself potentially in trouble with the law.

CBS 11 in Dallas reports that police suspect Young of assault in a strip-club incident that left a victim with a "bodily injury."

Authorities have not issued an arrest warrant, but they have focused their attention on the Houston native who has gone from riches to rags to riches in his four-year NFL career.

Today's lesson? Maybe he should stick to shirtless all-male Tequila parties.

sorry, should have been NFL forum. Sorry Mods. Please move and merge.

barrett
06-13-2010, 03:57 PM
I accidentally posted this story (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72660) in TT. Please merge mods.

redwhiteANDblue
06-13-2010, 04:07 PM
I cant say i feel sorry for him

m5kwatts
06-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Even if he's completely innocent, you don't see QBs like Manning Brady McNabb Brees and Schaub being suspected of assault in a strip club. Franchise QBs are better off as introverted football geeks, not hot-shot glory hounds that go clubbing and find themselves in legal messes like this.

awtysst
06-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Anyone think Mr. Goodell would like to have a discussion with Mr. Young?

Yankee_In_TX
06-13-2010, 04:30 PM

I have that t-shirt :)

Honoring Earl 34
06-13-2010, 04:30 PM
Anyone think Mr. Goodell would like to have a discussion with Mr. Young?

He said he wanted to be a QB like Big Ben .

imatexan
06-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Hmmmmmmm, a real winner!
:pirate:

brakos82
06-13-2010, 05:07 PM
Hmmmmmmm, a real wiener!
:hobie:

Fixed.

CloakNNNdagger
06-13-2010, 05:38 PM
He exited hurriedly and left supporting evidence of his presence on his plate.

http://thebayareabrit.files.wordpress.com/2010/04/bratwurst.jpg

GP
06-13-2010, 05:39 PM
Do we know what gender of strip club it was in?

If it was a female strip club, then I say he was mad because one of the girls was making eyes with the guy sitting next to Vince.

"Don't you be lookin' at him like that, girlfriend!"

And it was on. Vince struggled for over an hour, but he finally found a way to get the stripper to the floor and claw her in the face. Then he took her stiletto heels "And I'm gonna' take THESE just becuz I can! Later, hater!"

Brisco_County
06-13-2010, 05:42 PM
At this point, Goodell must bristle every time he hears the term "stripclub".

Section516
06-13-2010, 05:49 PM
Even if he's completely innocent, you don't see QBs like Manning Brady McNabb Brees and Schaub being suspected of assault in a strip club. Franchise QBs are better off as introverted football geeks, not hot-shot glory hounds that go clubbing and find themselves in legal messes like this.

http://www.readthehook.com/stories/2005/02/24/newsAcquittedItsSchaubNotS.html

^^^Matt Schaub acquitted on Assault charge

Honoring Earl 34
06-13-2010, 06:03 PM
are the Titans trying to catch the Bengals ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-iIj3OgLQM

JB
06-13-2010, 06:07 PM
http://www.readthehook.com/stories/2005/02/24/newsAcquittedItsSchaubNotS.html

^^^Matt Schaub acquitted on Assault charge

Don't know what the point of this is. No strip club involved. Just a whiny mouthy little man that had too much to drink.

Second Honeymoon
06-13-2010, 06:55 PM

A&M - Irrelevant And Ignorant

oh, and A&M has nnnneeeevvvveeerrr had any problems with their players running afoul of the law

/sarcasm off

enjoy getting your ass handed to you in the SEC with all the other inbred yokels of the South

Lucky
06-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QtxdwHjbBPI&feature=player_embedded#%21) of the skirmish.

m5kwatts
06-13-2010, 07:09 PM
Don't know what the point of this is. No strip club involved. Just a whiny mouthy little man that had too much to drink.

Yeah this seems a bit more innocent than being in a strip club at 3:30am. Seems like Schaub was being verbally harassed, VY was overreacting to a stupid hand gesture.

pbat488
06-13-2010, 07:14 PM
A&M - Irrelevant And Ignorant

oh, and A&M has nnnneeeevvvveeerrr had any problems with their players running afoul of the law

/sarcasm off

enjoy getting your ass handed to you in the SEC with all the other inbred yokels of the South

Ouch, butt-hurt much? Can't really take a joke, huh?

And I will enjoy sweeping generalizations with my hopefully future SEC brethren!!

nut
06-13-2010, 07:20 PM

Best of luck wherever you end up. BTW, the entire SWC, not to mention the rest of the country, including your guys, cheated. I wll miss the Thanksgiving game.

Go Horns.

Kimmy
06-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Anyone gone over and read what the Spoilers board are sayin' about it?

ATXtexanfan
06-13-2010, 07:22 PM
Fortunately, VY is expected to receive leniency, as immediately after he injured the victim, he proceeded to heal him.

nice one

CloakNNNdagger
06-13-2010, 07:36 PM
Yeah this seems a bit more innocent than being in a strip club at 3:30am. Seems like Schaub was being verbally harassed, VY was overreacting to a stupid hand gesture.

I thought that after running out on the team, VY swore he would no longer be immaturely reactive.

All it took was this???????
http://images.coolchaser.com/themes/t/372779-i30.photobucket.com-albums-c339-iceman999_21-upside-down-longhorn.jpg

thunderkyss
06-13-2010, 07:42 PM

Not much difference if you ask me. I don't know what the Wing Factory is, but they had a bouncer.

Schaub lost his cool, because some kid called him Schwab (hardly verbal assault), Matt responded with a slap (girl fight?) and tried to put the guy in a headlock.

JB
06-13-2010, 08:29 PM
Not much difference if you ask me. I don't know what the Wing Factory is, but they had a bouncer.

Schaub lost his cool, because some kid called him Schwab (hardly verbal assault), Matt responded with a slap (girl fight?) and tried to put the guy in a headlock.

That was the other guys story.

edo783
06-13-2010, 08:30 PM
According to ProFootball.com apparently it was all caught on the clubs security camera. Seems a guy gave VY a an upside down horns sign. VY took a swing at him and apparently cold clocked a women instead. I guess not only can't he hit a receiver, but he can't hit the guy he is swinging at. Class "C" misdemeanor - $500 fine.

brakos82
06-13-2010, 08:38 PM
VY took a swing at him and apparently cold clocked a women instead. I guess not only can't he hit a receiver, but he can't hit the guy he is swinging at.

:lol:

TEXANRED
06-13-2010, 08:38 PM
Unfortunately the punch thrown by Vince Young failed to connect with his intended target and accidentally hit the guy three seats back.

ubecool454
06-13-2010, 08:45 PM

Vince is a single man and there is nothing wrong with him going to strip clubs. I still can't understand Texans fans hating on this guy because, he wanted to play here. I'm willing to bet he is exonerated in the deal. Chances are that he didn't start the altercation anyway. Vince is a pretty big and strong guy and if someone wanted to try him...then he should slap the snot of them. Stop hating on VY until we play them. Vince has plenty dough and chances are he had all the strippers hanging on him and some weak "hater" didn't didn't like the fact that he bought up all the table dancers. Vince might be a QB but he has a linebacker mentality. I will bet he didn't start the altercation and I will bet he finished it.

Lucky
06-13-2010, 08:56 PM
Vince might be a QB but he has a linebacker mentality. I will bet he didn't start the altercation and I will bet he finished it.
Did you watch the video? Vince started the altercation.

Texan_Bill
06-13-2010, 08:57 PM
:lol: I bet you been waiting a while to use that...

JB, I have that same pic on speed dial... :D

Texan_Bill
06-13-2010, 09:01 PM

:spit: "Vince has healing powers!"

"Did you see his package?"
~Rich Lord

CloakNNNdagger
06-13-2010, 09:16 PM
The NFL will be reviewing this incident. http://twitter.com/gregaiello/status/16110162884

m5kwatts
06-13-2010, 09:28 PM
Vince is a single man and there is nothing wrong with him going to strip clubs. I still can't understand Texans fans hating on this guy because, he wanted to play here. I'm willing to bet he is exonerated in the deal. Chances are that he didn't start the altercation anyway. Vince is a pretty big and strong guy and if someone wanted to try him...then he should slap the snot of them. Stop hating on VY until we play them. Vince has plenty dough and chances are he had all the strippers hanging on him and some weak "hater" didn't didn't like the fact that he bought up all the table dancers. Vince might be a QB but he has a linebacker mentality. I will bet he didn't start the altercation and I will bet he finished it.

I think it was more like VY being immature and being in the wrong place at the wrong time. He's 27 years old and is the most important employee to the Titans who are a 736 million dollar business operation. If he cares anything about being that franchise QB he's supposedly strives to be he'd keep his nose clean and not even be close to situations like this. At this stage of his career its absolutely unforgivable. This is just more proof that VY doesn't "get it" yet. Of course this is all my opinion and you can pretend that because of the Rose Bowl victory that he can walk on water and everything he does is awesome and great and just fine.

ubecool454
06-13-2010, 09:28 PM
Did you watch the video? Vince started the altercation.

He did? That video didn't have any audio. I want to know what the guy said to trigger Vince. Vince didn't go out to beat someone down that night but you have a lot of haters out there and I'm pretty sure that "nobody" incited the man. Class C misdemeanor.....$500....I bet the "nobody" won't try that the next time. I don't think its smart for the average guy on the street to try a pro athlete that is hitting the weights and playing a rough game like football. Most pro athletes are super strong....Vince should have got his moneys worth and knocked him off the planet. The guy had to be looking for trouble and he found 6'5",,,230 lbs of it..lol.

ubecool454
06-13-2010, 09:36 PM
I think it was more like VY being immature and being in the wrong place at the wrong time. He's 27 years old and is the most important employee to the Titans who are a 736 million dollar business operation. If he cares anything about being that franchise QB he's supposedly strives to be he'd keep his nose clean and not even be close to situations like this. At this stage of his career its absolutely unforgivable. This is just more proof that VY doesn't "get it" yet. Of course this is all my opinion and you can pretend that because of the Rose Bowl victory that he can walk on water and everything he does is awesome and great and just fine.

Maybe immature but I need to hear the audio. Vince is a football player not a ice skater...that testosterone kicked in and I'm pretty sure alky was involved that early in the morning. I'm not mad at Vince because there are to many punk haters that want to try a pro athlete. I'm pretty sure this guy pushed some buttons and will probably show the punk that he is and want to press charges.lol. Sometimes its hard to walk away.....just ask Matt Schaub. The guy wanted to try Vince and he deserves what he got....I hate big brother with all these cameras.

CloakNNNdagger
06-13-2010, 09:38 PM
He did? That video didn't have any audio. I want to know what the guy said to trigger Vince. Vince didn't go out to beat someone down that night but you have a lot of haters out there and I'm pretty sure that "nobody" incited the man. Class C misdemeanor.....$500....I bet the "nobody" won't try that the next time. I don't think its smart for the average guy on the street to try a pro athlete that is hitting the weights and playing a rough game like football. Most pro athletes are super strong....Vince should have got his moneys worth and knocked him off the planet. The guy had to be looking for trouble and he found 6'5",,,230 lbs of it..lol.

Your reasoning makes no sense. Words justify fists.............fists then can justify guns...............

Fischer has commented that he is aware of the events and didn't want to comment on team consequences.

With NFL in review, can you say Collins for 2 or 4 games?.........while the CJ thing is also going on. Bud may just give back all the Christmas sausage.

CloakNNNdagger
06-13-2010, 09:48 PM
Maybe immature but I need to hear the audio. Vince is a football player not a ice skater...that testosterone kicked in and I'm pretty sure alky was involved that early in the morning. I'm not mad at Vince because there are to many punk haters that want to try a pro athlete. I'm pretty sure this guy pushed some buttons and will probably show the punk that he is and want to press charges.lol. Sometimes its hard to walk away.....just ask Matt Schaub. The guy wanted to try Vince and he deserves what he got....I hate big brother with all these cameras.

Let's also remember, Schaub was straight out of college when it happened........he wasn't the franchise QB. VY is far from just out of college, rather acting as though he were still in high school...........and he is/was a franchise QB.

ATXtexanfan
06-13-2010, 09:53 PM

did you watch the video?

ubecool454
06-13-2010, 09:57 PM
Your reasoning makes no sense. Words justify fists.............fists then can justify guns...............

Fischer has commented that he is aware of the events and didn't want to comment on team consequences.

With NFL in review, can you say Collins for 2 or 4 games?.........while the CJ thing is also going on. Bud may just give back all the Christmas sausage.

You have to know that Vince is from a tough neighborhood and is not that type of guy to back down if you try him. When this went down his mind was far away from the NFL. It appears that Law enforcement in Dallas is trying to downplay this whole deal which leads me to believe that Vince got tried and lost his cool. Sometimes violence is the only thing that some people understand. I feel that this is a minor incident...its not like he is Big Ben raping small young women. Vince should get a handslap for this "minor" incident....no suspension is needed.

ubecool454
06-13-2010, 09:59 PM
did you watch the video?

Yeah I saw it...thanks for posting it now get me some audio!

rmartin65
06-13-2010, 09:59 PM
I thought all the VY fanboys left when the Texans did not draft him? Aside from the occasional Titan fan.

This is interesting, I am getting a bit nostalgic.

JB
06-13-2010, 10:36 PM
I thought all the VY fanboys left when the Texans did not draft him? Aside from the occasional Titan fan.

This is interesting, I am getting a bit nostalgic.

I am getting tired

pbat488
06-13-2010, 10:40 PM
Note to Coach Kubiak: Give VY the sawed off sign during our games with the Tits, watch him and VY fanboys self-destruct in anger.

JB
06-13-2010, 10:44 PM
Note to Coach Kubiak: Give VY the sawed off sign during our games with the Tits, watch him and VY fanboys self-destruct in anger.

What is the sawed off sign?

brakos82
06-13-2010, 10:45 PM

:cutthroat:

JB
06-13-2010, 10:49 PM
No way...

Maybe the upside down 'hook-em'?

steelbtexan
06-13-2010, 11:14 PM
Victim was reportedly assaulted with a sausage.

No link

VY certianly didn't hit anybody over the head with a book.

brakos82
06-13-2010, 11:15 PM
Victim was reportedly assaulted with a sausage.

No link

Simple, yet right to the point. :thinking:

:bravo:

pbat488
06-13-2010, 11:23 PM
No way...

Yep, that's the ticket!

Norg
06-14-2010, 12:58 AM
i think its now reported the man throw up the Houston Texans Bull Horns :texflag:

CloakNNNdagger
06-14-2010, 08:00 AM

:cutthroat:

No way...

http://www.dunlapcodding.com/phosita-content/images/Sawed_20off.jpg

HouSportsWriter
06-14-2010, 08:11 AM
thank god we did not draft this dumb azz I HEARD I HAVE A HIGHER IQ:kitten:

jjjezebel
06-14-2010, 08:32 AM

Oh, wah...wah...wah... :cry2:

Vince grew up in a bad neighborhood...Vince is a big, bad, football player...Vince can't hold his liquor...Vince can't handle being heckled by another person...Security cameras in a strip club are baaaad!

I'll be interested to see how many *more* excuses you can come up with for this moron.

You know what? Vince Young is an adult. He f*cked up, and now he should have to pay for it. I'm so sick of all these sycophant fans that fawn all over their football "heroes", who are nothing more than glorified, overpaid thugs. The only way that this sort of behavior will stop, is if people stop enabling these idiots and they have to start taking full responsibility for their actions.

Second Honeymoon
06-14-2010, 09:06 AM
Vince screwed up big time. To get baited into a lawsuit/suspension/criminal charge is pretty dumb.

Vince has never been accused of being a rocket scientist, but to let some loser bait him with an inverted 'hook em' is stupid. Also, why not get a woman and stay out of the skank bars. Settle down VY.

Let the losers hate on Texas because their own schools haven't done crap. Ever.

Most of the losers with the Saw Em Off or the inverted Hook 'Ems didn't even attend college and probably had trouble getting their GED, much less a degree.

and for the A&M inbred losers who hate on Texas for punking their ass every year, have fun in the SEC with your all male cheerleaders and your stupid prehistoric traditions that no one with an IQ over 50 cares about. Keep being the worst football team in Texas, yeah that includes Baylor, and hope you have fun in the SEC.

but we all know you wont go to the SEC. its just an ego trip for all the old losers at A&M who don't want to be viewed as Texas' little ***** following Texas from here to Timbuktu....but we all know they are. They will bend over and do whatever Texas decides they need to do. You know why? Because A&M sucks and their football team sucks even more. Truth hurts, but you would jump off a cliff if Texas told you to. The only thing that gets you up in the morning is your hatred/jealousy of Texas.

A&M - the only time they were even somewhat relevant, they were cheating. Without cheating, they are what they are. Losers.

JB
06-14-2010, 09:15 AM
Most of the losers with the Saw Em Off or the inverted Hook 'Ems didn't even attend college and probably had trouble getting their GED, much less a degree.

This is maybe the most absurd speculation I have ever heard. And that is saying a lot after reading your posts for the last year and a half.

pbat488
06-14-2010, 10:00 AM
Second Honeymoon,

You are by far the most ridiculous, boorish, and ignorant poster on this board. You are a grown ass man. Act like one instead of like a 12 year old who didn't get his favorite UT shirt from mommy. If anything, and I mean ANYTHING, doesn't go your way in a thread, you resort to personal attacks or sweeping generalizations of entire fanbases, races, religions etc. It's frustrating having to read your diatribe throughout this board, and I wish something could be done to silence you.

Thanks and gig 'em.

pbat488

chicagotexan2
06-14-2010, 10:00 AM
The Tennessean just reported that the altercation started because Club Onyx only uses Earl Campbell Sausage and refuses to use VY10 sausage. :hobie::hobie:

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/eating/football.jpg

HouSportsWriter
06-14-2010, 10:05 AM
second honeymoon,

you are by far the most ridiculous, boorish, and ignorant poster on this board. You are a grown ass man. Act like one instead of like a 12 year old who didn't get his favorite ut shirt from mommy. If anything, and i mean anything, doesn't go your way in a thread, you resort to personal attacks or sweeping generalizations of entire fanbases, races, religions etc. It's frustrating having to read your diatribe throughout this board, and i wish something could be done to silence you.

Thanks and gig 'em.

Pbat488

harsh~!

HOU-TEX
06-14-2010, 10:20 AM

I'm 6'5" 235 and I lift weights. I also played the "rough game" of football for 12 years. Does that mean I can knock someone off the planet? Give me a break, bro.

If anything, this makes him more of a puh c than ever before. Once a dumbass, always a dumbass.

Second Honeymoon
06-14-2010, 10:29 AM
SH,
you are immature and boorish.

Signed,
Sausage jokes and Gay jokes

thunderkyss
06-14-2010, 11:09 AM
I think it was more like VY being immature and being in the wrong place at the wrong time. He's 27 years old and is the most important employee to the Titans who are a 736 million dollar business operation. If he cares anything about being that franchise QB he's supposedly strives to be he'd keep his nose clean and not even be close to situations like this.

I completely and absolutely agree with this. If there is any difference between this situation, and the Matt Schaub situation posted earlier, it is that VY is the man (as far as Tennessee is concerned) and should be held to a higher standard, where Matt wanted to be the man at the time of his altercation.

But I don't see how this can be a knock on VY's character, but not on Shwab's. That seems hypocritical to me.

At this stage of his career its absolutely unforgivable. This is just more proof that VY doesn't "get it" yet. Of course this is all my opinion and you can pretend that because of the Rose Bowl victory that he can walk on water and everything he does is awesome and great and just fine.

Maybe that is what he believes, because of the way he & other star athletes were treated and handled at UT.

thunderkyss
06-14-2010, 11:12 AM
:cry2:

Vince grew up in a bad neighborhood...Vince is a big, bad, football player...Vince can't hold his liquor...Vince can't handle being heckled by another person...Security cameras in a strip club are baaaad!

I'm so sick of all these sycophant fans that fawn all over their football "heroes", who are nothing more than glorified, overpaid thugs.

Do you believe the same in the case of Schwab, or is it just for Vince?

New_Texans
06-14-2010, 11:38 AM
Vince should have avoided the situation but at the same time, this is kinda a non story compared to the Rothlisberger incident. Vince got into a bar fight, Rothlisberger may have raped a girl. Bar fights happen and when NFL player and strip club are involved, expect bad things to happen. Vince needs to stay away from the strip clubs and stay out of trouble. Though hes a Titan, I don't want to see him end up getting shot and all over the news while trying to hold onto his life.

jjjezebel
06-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Do you believe the same in the case of Schwab, or is it just for Vince?

Blah, blah, blah... I'm not talking about silly fights that happen while a KID is in college. Hell, I even got in a bar fight or two when I was younger. The thing with Scaub was a one-off, and he's kept his nose clean since.

I'm talking about the repeat offenders, who consistently get in trouble, hang with the wrong crowds of people (hangers on and enablers) and cause problems for the franchises they work for. You know...the ones that are getting paid the big bucks, and should KNOW BETTER.

Talk about bringing a knife to a gunfight. What else you got?

thunderkyss
06-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Blah, blah, blah... I'm not talking about silly fights that happen while a KID is in college. Hell, I even got in a bar fight or two when I was younger. The thing with Scaub was a one-off, and he's kept his nose clean since.

Um... Schaub was the back-up QB for the Atlanta Falcons at the time.

I'm talking about the repeat offenders, who consistently get in trouble, hang with the wrong crowds of people (hangers on and enablers) and cause problems for the franchises they work for. You know...the ones that are getting paid the big bucks, and should KNOW BETTER.

Is Vince a repeat offender? WTF are you talking about?

Talk about bringing a knife to a gunfight. What else you got?

Tell me about it.:kitten:

Texan_Bill
06-14-2010, 11:54 AM
I'm 6'5" 235 and I lift weights. I also played the "rough game" of football for 12 years. Does that mean I can knock someone off the planet? Give me a break, bro.

If anything, this makes him more of a puh c than ever before. Once a dumbass, always a dumbass.

I know a couple of people 'round here that you'd want to knock off the planet. :runaway:

jjjezebel
06-14-2010, 11:56 AM
Um... Schaub was the back-up QB for the Atlanta Falcons at the time.

Whoops, my bad then. I was under the impression he was in, or right out of, college. I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. But as I said...it was a one-off incident.

Is Vince a repeat offender? WTF are you talking about?

If you read my original comment, I was speaking in generalizations, as I was in my reply to you. But Vince *does* have a history of flaking out on his team, and you can't deny that. To hear that he got into this sort of trouble, considering what a pain in the ass he's been for the Titans, did not surprise me in the least. Something about that boy ain't right.

infantrycak
06-14-2010, 12:02 PM
But I don't see how this can be a knock on VY's character, but not on Shwab's. That seems hypocritical to me.

Really, can't see the difference at all? Schaub was alleged to have done something and found not guilty. You are acting as if the allegations were true. VY is only alleged at this point but there is video and it's pretty clear he misbehaved. I don't see it as a major character issue for VY (more a judgment issue) but there is a clear distinction between the two situations.

Second Honeymoon
06-14-2010, 12:20 PM
Really, can't see the difference at all? Schaub was alleged to have done something and found not guilty. You are acting as if the allegations were true. VY is only alleged at this point but there is video and it's pretty clear he misbehaved. I don't see it as a major character issue for VY (more a judgment issue) but there is a clear distinction between the two situations.

agreed. Vince screwed the pooch on this one. Vince gains nothing from this.
The dude may have been asking for it but you gottahandle yourself
smart thing to do would have been to take your business elsewhereand that guy probably gets fired or at least reprimanded. Now Vince makes himself look like a dumbass.

Yankee_In_TX
06-14-2010, 12:23 PM
I need to watch the video again - but did he shove the stripper who was seated out of the way? LMAO if so.

dalemurphy
06-14-2010, 12:24 PM
Vince screwed up big time. To get baited into a lawsuit/suspension/criminal charge is pretty dumb.

Vince has never been accused of being a rocket scientist, but to let some loser bait him with an inverted 'hook em' is stupid. Also, why not get a woman and stay out of the skank bars. Settle down VY.

Let the losers hate on Texas because their own schools haven't done crap. Ever.

and for the A&M inbred losers who hate on Texas for punking their ass every year, have fun in the SEC with your all male cheerleaders and your stupid prehistoric traditions that no one with an IQ over 50 cares about. Keep being the worst football team in Texas, yeah that includes Baylor, and hope you have fun in the SEC.

but we all know you wont go to the SEC. its just an ego trip for all the old losers at A&M who don't want to be viewed as Texas' little ***** following Texas from here to Timbuktu....but we all know they are. They will bend over and do whatever Texas decides they need to do. You know why? Because A&M sucks and their football team sucks even more. Truth hurts, but you would jump off a cliff if Texas told you to. The only thing that gets you up in the morning is your hatred/jealousy of Texas.

A&M - the only time they were even somewhat relevant, they were cheating. Without cheating, they are what they are. Losers.

Uggh!

This is the kind of obnoxious and brain-dead rhetoric that has repelled me from rooting for the UT Longhorn football team since I moved to Austin. Granted, if I lived in Normon or College Station, I'm sure I would have the same reaction to OU or Aggie fandom.

Do you really think this way? or is this just a really sad attempt to incite anger/frustration? I really don't understand this sort of mob mentality regarding something as trivial as one's chosen collegiate program.

chicagotexan2
06-14-2010, 12:25 PM
This doesn't amount to a Ray Lewis type incident, but it looks bad for VY. I know you want to stand up for yourself and not look like a punk but he has to know that he is a target. I don't think it will kill his reputation, but he would have been better off just letting it go. What if the guy had been packing. Some sheeet just aint worth it.

badboy
06-14-2010, 12:26 PM
I just double dog dare one of you to slight my school with a hand sign 'cause I will explode!! If I let you get by with that travesty you might think you can make a comment about my ride. And for that I will get my gat and 3-5-7 you. I think I am going to start hanging out in strip clubs at 3 in the morning because if I am home in bed, I might have a bad old nightmare and hurt myself falling out of bed.

BIG TORO
06-14-2010, 12:38 PM
All I care about is the Texans, so I hope they give VY the maximum punishment, hopefully some suspended games which can translate to losses for the titans and a losing record in our division.

ChampionTexan
06-14-2010, 12:44 PM

Additionally, Schaub's incident did not occur at a strip club, and while it showed some immaturity (even with the non-guilty resolution), it was immaturity shown on the part of 23 year old who was at a wing place, and who nobody was paying much attention to at that time anyway. He'd been in the NFL less than a year. VY is a 27 year old, with four full years in the league, who's had a history of immaturity, knows he's under a microscope, and pulled this stunt just as some folks were beginning to think he might have the issue under control.

Yeah - there's a difference. And no - the wing place having a bouncer doesn't change that at all.

GuerillaBlack
06-14-2010, 01:09 PM
A lot of people here seem to think Vince went off because of the upside down 'Horns sign. If you actually watched the video (they played it here in Dallas), Vince didn't even look at the guy. He kept talking to whoever he was talking to. Then he started leaving, and the guy he went to fight was mouthing off something to him. It could have been anything. I'll wait and see what the guy was saying first. Vince should have kept walking out of the door though. Also, whoever said the Dallas media is downplaying this is right. I'm in Dallas now, and the Dallas PD went out of their way to show/say how minor it was. It was also barely on the news cycle.

Second Honeymoon
06-14-2010, 01:13 PM
need to retract something i said earlier. it looks like A&M isn't just stroking their ego by flirting with the SEC over a Pac10 move with Texas. if this goes through I was way off on that. If they make that move, I may think its a crazy for A&M to do it, I gotta give them some serious respect to go to the meat grinder that is the SEC. They may live to regret the day they decided to do it, it sure isn't because they are afraid of the challenge. respect.

Even if A&M no longer plays Texas, I don't think anyone can say they are 'ducking' anyone or anything like that. You lose Texas and OU on your schedule but you 'gain' the SEC gauntlet. I just don't see how there is anything to gain other than disassociating A&M with UT. Maybe that is the whole idea? On some levels, it may make some sense and give the program a boost but it better be a big boost, because the SEC is brutal and as cutthroat as it gets, recruiting-wise. You think Mack was bad, just wait for Saban and Meyer.

Chance_C
06-14-2010, 01:28 PM

You've said that alot in this thread......you ever been slapped by Schaub?

thunderkyss
06-14-2010, 01:32 PM

This is what started my diatribe in all of this.

m5kwatts, and later jjjezebel were working under the impression Schaub was guilty, and were making excuses for him, while slamming VY in the same breath.

HOU-TEX
06-14-2010, 01:37 PM
I know a couple of people 'round here that you'd want to knock off the planet. :runaway:

Yes, you are correct.

JB
06-14-2010, 01:38 PM
Did not want to start a new thread, so I'll just add this tidbit here.

Titans having problems...

LB Gerald McGrath suspended 4 games

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100614/SPORTS01/100614033/2162/NFL+suspends+Titans+LB+McRath

titans cb rod hood suffered torn acl and is out for season injury happened in non ota work friday

http://twitter.com/tnsports

StarStruck
06-14-2010, 01:40 PM
I'm having a hard time understanding why a 45-year old club employee would heckle a customer. I read there was speculation that he was from Oklahoma, but how can that be an excuse if a club is in business to make money from customers and employees should be there to serve. I originally though the fight was with another customer.

infantrycak
06-14-2010, 01:51 PM
From PFT.com

The Nashville Tennessean writes on Twitter that Young apologized to his teammates, coaches, and fans. And then he "said a friend talked him into going to a strip club," which led to his citation for assault.

Nice job of owning up.

Seņor Stan
06-14-2010, 02:26 PM
This is real progress for Vince.

1) He was not shirtless in the video.
2) He was surrounded by half nekkid women instead of half nekkid men.

BABY STEPS PEOPLE!

Texecutioner
06-14-2010, 02:27 PM
I'm having a hard time understanding why a 45-year old club employee would heckle a customer. I read there was speculation that he was from Oklahoma, but how can that be an excuse if a club is in business to make money from customers and employees should be there to serve. I originally though the fight was with another customer.

Man, at strip clubs you come across the lowest of the low down dirty scum whether it's the patrons that are there for pleasure or the bouncers and the other people working there. Now that doesn't mean that all strippers are filthy scummy human beings or the other people working there, but the majority of them are and this is the case even at the nice strip clubs that you would find in any city. I probably end up at a strip club once to three times per year now days. I enjoy them, but that's about as many times as I would like to be at those places. It's way to easy to find trouble there even when you want no part in it. In my years of going to them especially when I was younger and went to a lot of them with my friends I encountered all types of fist fights and violent brawls that took place. I've seen strippers go at it over absolutely nothing. I've seen managers throw people out for nothing only to have the patrons show right back up 30 minutes later with a pack of buddies to try and destroy the place.

What you saw in that video is not a surprise at all. It's business as usual at a strip club. There's always a lot of drama and stuff that like that.

Texan_Bill
06-14-2010, 02:29 PM

BABY STEPS PEOPLE!

He couldn't take his shirt off. They have dress codes at those places.

Man, at strip clubs you come across the lowest of the low down dirty scum whether it's the patrons that are there for pleasure or the bouncers and the other people working there. Now that doesn't mean that all strippers are filthy scummy human beings or the other people working there, but the majority of them are and this is the case even at the nice strip clubs that you would find in any city. I probably end up at a strip club once to three times per year now days. I enjoy them, but that's about as many times as I would like to be at those places. It's way to easy to find trouble there even when you want no part in it. In my years of going to them especially when I was younger and went to a lot of them with my friends I encountered all types of fist fights and violent brawls that took place. I've seen strippers go at it over absolutely nothing. I've seen managers throw people out for nothing only to have the patrons show right back up 30 minutes later with a pack of buddies to try and destroy the place.

What you saw in that video is not a surprise at all. It's business as usual at a strip club. There's always a lot of drama and stuff that like that.

:worm:

Seņor Stan
06-14-2010, 02:30 PM

He could have worn pasties.

HOU-TEX
06-14-2010, 02:41 PM
He could have worn pasties.

It's a good thing FlamingWheelbarrow hasn't been aroung in a while. He'd get all wooded up over comments like this.

rmartin65
06-14-2010, 02:48 PM

BABY STEPS PEOPLE!

:worm:

Almost guys. Word on the street is the reason he snapped is because he was not allowed to take his shirt off. The last straw was when he asked where the male section was, they told him they did not have one.

Texan_Bill
06-14-2010, 02:57 PM
It's a good thing FlamingWheelbarrow hasn't been aroung in a while. He'd get all wooded up over comments like this.

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/1238512613_guy-humping-a-tree.gif :headhurts:

Texan_Bill
06-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Almost guys. Word on the street is the reason he snapped is because he was not allowed to take his shirt off. The last straw was when he asked where the male section was, they told him they did not have one.

D'oh!!!

HOU-TEX
06-14-2010, 02:59 PM
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/1238512613_guy-humping-a-tree.gif :headhurts:

It didn't show up, but by looking at the properties.....:spit:

BullNation4Life
06-14-2010, 03:47 PM
From PFT.com

Nice job of owning up.

27 years old and still letting peer pressure get the best of him, I stop giving into peer pressure when I turned 20? Maybe he should have told that "friend" no and gone some place else. The mere fact he couldn't walk away from some jerk mouthing, shows that immaturity still is a missing factor in him. He seems to take 8 steps forward then 9 steps back by doing dumb ass stuff like this...

VY cannot get out of his own way and it will be his undoing before he is done in the NFL....

CloakNNNdagger
06-14-2010, 04:11 PM
Whoops, my bad then. I was under the impression he was in, or right out of, college. I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong. But as I said...it was a one-off incident.

There's no real reason for apologies. He was in his rookie year "straight out college" backing up a star QB who was expected to be a fixture for the next decade. Until Vick was unexpectedly caught up in the dog scandal, Schaub was expected to play clip board holder, like Jim Sorgi for Manning, with no serious thought to him even becoming the franchise QB.

GuerillaBlack
06-14-2010, 04:49 PM
There's no real reason for apologies. He was in his rookie year "straight out college" backing up a star QB who was expected to be a fixture for the next decade. Until Vick was unexpectedly caught up in the dog scandal, Schaub was expected to play clip board holder, like Jim Sorgi for Manning, with no serious thought to him even becoming the franchise QB.

Actually, Schaub was expected to be a starter somewhere once he became a free agent. He showed much promise when playing for Vick.

infantrycak
06-14-2010, 04:54 PM
Actually, Schaub was expected to be a starter somewhere once he became a free agent. He showed much promise when playing for Vick.

Supposedly the off-season prior to our trade more than one team had offered a 1st round pick for him. The Falcons said no and then during the season there were some fans calling for Schaub to start. Some thought the trade to us was to quell those calls and solidify Vick. Then the dog fighting came out.

thunderkyss
06-14-2010, 04:56 PM

Why should that make a difference? I'm not in the NFL, and there's no excuse for me to let someone bait me into committing assault. It's part of being an adult. If it's inexcusable for Vince Young, I believe it should be inexcusable for any of us.

True VY has more to lose than I do. But Jim Sorgi or Ryan Leaf, or Matt Schaub (don't want to get slapped) shouldn't be expected to act any differently.

As a matter of fact, that story (about Schaub) shows us how they should act, and what a responsible posse should do.

CloakNNNdagger
06-14-2010, 05:05 PM

But at the time of the incident (Nov 2004), he was essentially nonexistent.

jjjezebel
06-14-2010, 05:32 PM
This is what started my diatribe in all of this.

m5kwatts, and later jjjezebel were working under the impression Schaub was guilty, and were making excuses for him, while slamming VY in the same breath.

I didn't make an excuse for Schaub, I never said that he didn't do what he did. I was simply trying to point out a difference in his behavior over his ONE transgression early on - which he has not repeated - in comparison to other players that screw up and around on regular basis.

But I can see that you're such a Vince lover that any attempts to reason with you will be a colossal waste of my time, so I'm not going to waste any more on you.

thunderkyss
06-14-2010, 05:45 PM
I didn't make an excuse for Schaub, I never said that he didn't do what he did. I was simply trying to point out a difference in his behavior over his ONE transgression early on - which he has not repeated - in comparison to other players that screw up and around on regular basis.

But I can see that you're such a Vince lover that any attempts to reason with you will be a colossal waste of my time, so I'm not going to waste any more on you.

I wouldn't call myself a "Vince Lover"

fan maybe.

The point is that there seems to be two sets of standards here. & like someone else mentioned, I don't understand the Vince Hate. We don't hate Peyton the way many here hate Vince. He loves Houston, and came out early, because he wanted to play for Houston. He's said so many, many times.

It's not his fault that Bud Adams instructed his head coach/general manager to pick him. It's not his fault that so many people idolizes and adores him.

& you act like VY has repeatedly assaulted people. This is his first time doing anything like this. The trouble before, where people thought he was going to commit suicide is nothing at all like this, and doesn't make this incident a repeat offense.

I can understand the animosity towards Pac-Man, Ben Rothlisberger(sp), Ricky Williams, etc...

If you're saying Young is a dumbass for losing his cool, I'm fine with that. I'm calling him a dumbass for losing his cool. But if Matt Schaub, Peyton Manning, Ryan Leaf, me, you, infantrycak, any of us did the same thing, I'd call them (me) a dumbass.

:slapfight:

CloakNNNdagger
06-14-2010, 06:28 PM
Martellius Bennet (Cowboys, ex-A&M) tweet: (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/061510dnspobennett.a1d804b5.html)

"Mann I dunno wat 2 say abt VY that was childish & very unprofessional u cant do [expletive] like that when u play qb. He needs better ppl round him."

Wolf
06-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Vince needs some crash davis tutoring

Crash Davis: Did you hit me with your right hand or did you hit me with your left? Huh? Did you hit me with your right hand or did you hit me with your LEFT?
Ebby Calvin LaLoosh: My left.
Crash Davis: Good! That's good; when you get in a fight with a drunk you don't hit him with your pitching hand. God, I can't keep giving you these free lessons so quit screwin' around and help me up.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0094812/quotes

vince looked like he threw with his right .. FAIL....

CloakNNNdagger
06-14-2010, 06:38 PM
Vince Young: 'I pray to God that Roger Goodell doesn't come down hard on me'LINK (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/061510dnspovinceyoungupdate.50dd7d3.html)

Wouldn't it be weird if when the Titans meet the Steelers in week 2, both of their starting QBs are watching the game on the big screen?

JB
06-14-2010, 06:44 PM
LINK (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/stories/061510dnspovinceyoungupdate.50dd7d3.html)

Wouldn't it be weird if when the Titans meet the Steelers in week 2, both of their starting QBs are watching the game on the big screen?

That would be mah-velous, simply mahvelous

CloakNNNdagger
06-14-2010, 06:45 PM
A new Dallas and Nashville ordinance is being entertained to place the following placard in the entrance of every strip joint within their respective jurisdictions:

Property protected by Goodell Video Surveillance, Inc.

Texan_Bill
06-14-2010, 09:17 PM
A new Dallas and Nashville ordinance is being entertained to place the following placard in the entrance of every strip joint within their respective jurisdictions:

Just as long as it doesn't include Houston. Specifically Treasures' upstairs or "the Library".... :whistle:

brakos82
06-14-2010, 09:19 PM
Just as long as it doesn't include Houston. Specifically Treasures' upstairs or "the Library".... :whistle:

:photos:

Wolf
06-14-2010, 09:33 PM
http://halfgoon.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/sausage.png

Texan_Bill
06-14-2010, 09:42 PM
http://halfgoon.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/sausage.png

:spit:

There went some JW Black.

SteveSlaton20
06-14-2010, 11:51 PM
http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n159/mdreher88/haters-gonna-hate.gif

dalemurphy
06-15-2010, 12:12 AM
There is no doubt that VY isn't the brighest bulb. Clearly, also, he has his share of issues. The past few years, I have spent a lot of time and energy mocking and revelling in this sort of calamity, particular when it involves VY, Reg. Bush, or a Dallas Cowboy. I don't want to do that anymore because it really is unfortunate and sobering to me that these young men are troubled and discontent despite basically achieving everything they ever dreamed they would.

What I will continue to do, though, is rejoice in the character of the team I am fortunate enought to root for. I am very grateful for the collection of players on the Texans and it is exciting to think about how rewarding the next few seasons will be to see guys like AJ, Schaub, D.Brown, Demeco, Slaton, OD, Winston, Diles, Walter win.

Dread-Head
06-15-2010, 01:11 AM
And it's ALL on tape! :lol:

ubecool454
06-15-2010, 02:26 AM

You have to know that alcohol was involved.

Texan_Bill
06-15-2010, 07:47 AM
HOU-TEX forgot to mention that he drinks like a fish.

HOU-TEX
06-15-2010, 09:29 AM
HOU-TEX forgot to mention that he drinks like a fish.

Yeah.....but only after 5:00.

chicagotexan2
06-15-2010, 09:35 AM
You have to know that alcohol was involved.

I put money on it. It was a dumb move on VY's part because he has so much more to lose. But it was just a scuffle and it didn't escelate into a Pac Man type incident. He just be happy about that and take it in as experience. We'll have to see.

Texan_Bill
06-15-2010, 09:53 AM
Yup... Pretty good bet:

http://oregonsunshine.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/patron.jpg

Yankee_In_TX
06-15-2010, 10:10 AM
yeah.....but only after 5:00.

am?

HOU-TEX
06-15-2010, 10:17 AM
am?

Heh, those days are over. If I start drinking before 5-6 in the evening, I'd be buzzing like a cheap speaker by 10. Darn BP meds don't like it when you drown them with too much beer.

Double Barrel
06-15-2010, 04:43 PM
Yup... Pretty good bet:

yep. My oldest son is working a summer job as a bouncer at a local club and got to hang with VY just last week. It was a thrill for him because he's been a huge UT fan his whole life, and he had a great time doing Patron shots with VY, as well. He said Vince was a really nice guy. Go figure.

SheTexan
06-15-2010, 05:24 PM
Yup... Pretty good bet:

Off topic, BUT, what's the difference? :good:

pbat488
06-15-2010, 06:11 PM
Off topic, BUT, what's the difference? :good:

One makes VY take his shirt off. One makes him eat sausage. And the other... you don't want to know about the other...

ChampionTexan
06-15-2010, 06:13 PM
One makes VY take his shirt off. One makes him eat sausage. And the other... you don't want to know about the other...

Didn't particularly want to know about the first two. :turtle:

Double Barrel
06-15-2010, 06:30 PM

You seem to know quite a bit about this subject. So, which one are you in this pic?

http://scottandholman.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/vince-young-shirtless.jpg

;)

brakos82
06-15-2010, 06:33 PM

:backsout:

CloakNNNdagger
06-15-2010, 07:02 PM
Came across this pretty balanced piece that in the end concludes what most of us here do.

Time for Young to quit being a knucklehead
Full of excuses again, Titans QB needs to learn how to carry responsibility (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/37717297/ns/sports-nfl/)

First he went for the “Expression of Contrition” move — “It was a bad decision,” he said twice — and quickly moved on to the “Hanging With the Wrong Crowd” alibi: “At first I was going to lay down in my hotel, and somebody talked me into [going to the strip club].” Then he tried to finish strong with the Plea for Understanding, saying he prayed to God that “[NFL commissioner] Roger Goodell don’t come hard at me.”

Nice try, but Young’s last appeal might’ve been more persuasive if he hadn’t pre-empted what little Goodell is inclined to publicly say on the matter by issuing his own summary verdict of the fight: “It’s in the past…It is what it is”, and this cringer:

“I’m letting my legal folks handle it.”

Now, this is just an educated guess, but the sight of the Titans’ franchise quarterback standing in front of the cameras and invoking his personal squadron of crackerjack legal minds rather than, say, the air-tight pass protection offered by his left tackle had to be another unpalatable sight for Titans coach Jeff Fisher and Bud Adams, the Titans owner who ordered Young to be put back in the starting lineup last season with great success.

Young’s importance to the team probably explains why even Fisher, a normally reasonable man, invoked another dog-eared old excuse — the Maturity Defense — for Young on Monday — as in, “This is all part of [Young] becoming a leader.”

Actually, it’s not.

BTW, watch the football shown thrown by VY at the end of his APOLOGY VIDEO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn8EGErOCIs&feature=player_embedded)

disaacks3
06-15-2010, 08:17 PM
BTW, watch the football shown thrown by VY at the end of his APOLOGY VIDEO (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn8EGErOCIs&feature=player_embedded) Was that a dying quail?

CloakNNNdagger
06-15-2010, 08:26 PM
Was that a dying quail?

Dead on arrival.:boogereater:

Texan_Bill
06-15-2010, 08:58 PM
This guy could've shot that: :shoot:

brakos82
06-15-2010, 09:10 PM
This guy could've shot that: :shoot:

You don't have that good of aim when you're sober. lol

JB
06-15-2010, 09:15 PM
You don't have that good of aim when you're sober. lol

And that is when?

brakos82
06-15-2010, 09:25 PM
And that is when?

umm..... right around birth.

CloakNNNdagger
06-16-2010, 07:37 AM
Following this incident, many recent articles have alluded to VY taking Steve McNair's son under his guidance. Although commendable, I'm not so sure that his influence should be hailed. It has just been announced that Steve McNair, Jr. has been ruled academically ineligible by the NCAA.

The former Oak Grove High star, who had signed a scholarship offer with Southern Miss, will now attend Pearl River Community College in the Fall.

McNair, Jr. (6'0", 190 lbs) made news late last Fall when he verbally committed to Southern Miss despite drawing attention from a handful of bigger name programs. He helped lead the Warriors to the Mississippi High School Activities Association 6A State Championship game, where Oak Grove was beaten by South Panola.

Pearl River Community College (Poplarville, MS) is annually among the nation's top junior college football programs. The Wildcats, coached by Tim Hatten, have made a practice of sending 2-year players on to reputable Division-I programs.

BullNation4Life
06-16-2010, 08:23 AM
Following this incident, many recent articles have alluded to VY taking Steve McNair's son under his guidance. Although commendable, I'm not so sure that his influence should be hailed. It has just been announced that Steve McNair, Jr. has been ruled academically ineligible by the NCAA.

Blind leading the blind. That is not good for that young man's education....

littlecat
06-16-2010, 08:26 AM
:doot:
What ?

CloakNNNdagger
06-16-2010, 03:31 PM
An interesting take on how Fisher may be viewing VY and how he may "test" him during TC. If you're the Tacks, you don't want to find your starting QB curled up in a corner midseason again. Now, if you're the Texans..............maybe you furnish the bedding and binkie...............:bubble:

VIDEO (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/06/16/vince-young-should-be-more-worried-about-his-team-than-the-league/)