PDA

View Full Version : Earl Mitchell signed

J_R
06-09-2010, 03:55 PM
McClain_on_NFL

Texans have reached contract agreement with DT Earl Mitchell, their third-round pick.

El Tejano
06-09-2010, 03:57 PM
3 down with 6 more to go.

JB
06-09-2010, 03:59 PM
3 down with 6 more to go.

:confused:

rmartin65
06-09-2010, 04:09 PM
:confused:

Draft picks signed. Holliday, McMannis and now Mitchell have signed. Jackson, Tate, Sharpton, Graham, Smith and Dickerson to go.

JB
06-09-2010, 04:14 PM
Draft picks signed. Holliday, McMannis and now Mitchell have signed. Jackson, Tate, Sharpton, Graham, Smith and Dickerson to go.

Yeah, I was suffering from brain freeze...

GP
06-09-2010, 05:10 PM
I think this guy is going to be a force to be reckoned with.

JB
06-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Texans signed third-round pick Earl Mitchell to a 4-year, $3,423,500 million deal.

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

False Start
06-09-2010, 06:41 PM
Good news. I just have a feeling this kid will surprise some folks. :texflag:

beerlover
06-09-2010, 06:53 PM
his family is very excited, wish all the best to Earl. I think he's going to be terrific, a real hometown hero :wherewill

JB
06-09-2010, 07:18 PM
From Kubiak's speech at the Touchdown Club:

I tell you, I think hes going to steal some guys lunch money up front.[/B] They better play hard and they better do a good job, or hes going to run some of them off. This kid plays extremely hard. Hes not real big, but hes all about effort, and Ive been really impressed with what hes done and I think youre going to see this kind contribute a lot. ]

http://www.houstontexans.com/blog/index.asp?post_id=1198

Wow, really great to hear this out of Kubiak.

V3rm0nt3r
06-09-2010, 07:25 PM
From Kubiak's speech at the Touchdown Club:

I tell you, I think hes going to steal some guys lunch money up front.[/B] They better play hard and they better do a good job, or hes going to run some of them off. This kid plays extremely hard. Hes not real big, but hes all about effort, and Ive been really impressed with what hes done and I think youre going to see this kind contribute a lot. ]

Sounds like he saw what happened with Okam and decided to just go with the polar opposite this time around. Glad to see he's learning from his mistakes.

JB
06-09-2010, 07:36 PM

Sounds like he saw what happened with Okam and decided to just go with the polar opposite this time around. Glad to see he's learning from his mistakes.

Yep. But I think that is really Kollar's call, with the OK from Bush and Kubiak.

wagonhed
06-09-2010, 11:45 PM
I like what I'm seeing in this thread.

badboy
06-10-2010, 04:08 PM
Not to nitpick but I really thought Tate would have signed by now. I'm not concerned just referring to his excitement to begin.

infantrycak
06-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Not to nitpick but I really thought Tate would have signed by now. I'm not concerned just referring to his excitement to begin.

Why would you expect that? The 1st and 2nd rounders typically sign within a week or so of the start of training camp. Getting the 3rd signed this early seems odd to me.

b0ng
06-10-2010, 11:12 PM
Why would you expect that? The 1st and 2nd rounders typically sign within a week or so of the start of training camp. Getting the 3rd signed this early seems odd to me.

Isn't Mitchell local? Could he possibly be a homegrown Texans fan?

beerlover
06-11-2010, 01:13 AM
Isn't Mitchell local? Could he possibly be a homegrown Texans fan?

that + Kubiak & Co. really like what they see during OTA's

HOU-TEX
06-11-2010, 09:45 AM
I'm beginning to have high hopes for The Mitch. I just hope they don't end up biting me in the butt. I'm definitely going to be keeping a sharp eye on him throughout camp and pre-season. Gotta love watchin the big nasties bangin in the trenches!

painekiller
06-11-2010, 02:37 PM

Getting any of the players signed this early is a rarity.

Rookie Signing Dates

2010 Season
(1) Kareem Jackson
(2) Ben Tate
June 9 (3) Earl Mitchell
June 11 (4a) Darryl Sharpton
(4b) Garrett Graham
May 27 (5) Sherrick McManis
(6a) Shelly Smith
May 14 (6b) Trenton Holliday
(7) Dorin Dickerson

2009 Season
July 31 First Practice Day
Aug 1 (1) Brian Cushing
July 31 (2) Connor Barwin
July 24 (3) Antoine Caldwell
July 24 (5) James Casey
July 17 (4a) Glover Quinn
June 17, (4b) Anthony Hill
June 11, (7) Troy Nolan
June 8 (6) Brice McCain

2008 Season
July 25 First Practice Day
July 25 (1)Duane Brown
July 21 (3)Antwaun Molden
July 21 (3)Steve Slaton
July 21 (5)Frank Okam
July 16 (4)Xavier Adibi
June 26 (7)Alex Brink
June 19 (6)Dominique Barber

2007 Season
July 27 First Practice Day
July 27 (1)Amobi Okoye
July 26 (4)Fred Bennett
July 26 (5)Brandon Frye
July 24 (3)Jacoby Jones
July 23 (5)Brandon Harrison
July 23 (6)Kasey Studdard
July 19 (7)Zac Diles

2006 Season
July 28 First Practice Day
July 23 (3)Charles Spencer
July 23 (3)Eric Winston
July 13 (6)Wali Lundy
July 13 (7)David Anderson
July 12 (4)Owen Daniels
July 07 (2)DeMeco Ryans
April 28 (1)Mario Williams

CloakNNNdagger
06-25-2010, 06:44 AM
Could be interpretted different ways........
From Frank Okam's Twitter page (http://twitter.com/97Nightmare):

I think I could do big things here... Just need an opportunity. I know I have the total package
about 11 hours ago via UberTwitter

HOU-TEX
06-25-2010, 10:14 AM
Could be interpretted different ways........
From Frank Okam's Twitter page (http://twitter.com/97Nightmare):

I've said this before, I think he definitely has the perfect package physically to be a dominant DT. It's what's between the ears that's likely holding him back. How can somebody not get motivated to play in the NFL when given the opportunity?

Texan4Ever
06-25-2010, 10:25 AM
I've said this before, I think he definitely has the perfect package physically to be a dominant DT. It's what's between the ears that's likely holding him back. How can somebody not get motivated to play in the NFL when given the opportunity?

IDK why he isn't motivated. Could it be that he has the Vince Young effect whereby a player who is used to dominating at the high school and NCAA level gets to the pros and realizes he's not as good as he thought he was and that he actually needs to train?

jaayteetx
06-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Little late on this one, but.....Championship!

CloakNNNdagger
06-25-2010, 01:09 PM
IDK why he isn't motivated. Could it be that he has the Vince Young effect whereby a player who is used to dominating at the high school and NCAA level gets to the pros and realizes he's not as good as he thought he was and that he actually needs to train?

Much like many students who just glided through high school with good grades, then can't make it in college because they never learned how to study.

thunderkyss
06-25-2010, 01:23 PM

To be fair, the book isn't & shouldn't be closed on Okam. He's a DT, year three is about right, and we got him in the 5th round.

Texan4Ever
06-25-2010, 01:23 PM
Much like many students who just glided through high school with good grades, then can't make it in college because they never learned how to study.

Right on! I'm really excited to see how are new batch of rookies will do, especially Kareem Jackson and Earl Mitchell.

dalemurphy
06-25-2010, 02:28 PM
To be fair, the book isn't & shouldn't be closed on Okam. He's a DT, year three is about right, and we got him in the 5th round.

Usually those three years do involve playing and learning via experience. For three years, he's often not good enough to be active on gameday for a team that has started Jeff Zgoniga. He sucks and will be gone this season, barring catastrophic injuries at DT. Maybe he will prove us wrong but the guy had the reputation coming out of college and has been in the NFL for three years and proven his reputation even further. It would be silly to expect a sudden change now.

RipTraxx
06-25-2010, 02:37 PM
Im actually more excited about Sheppard. Saw some highlights of him and his ability to play both end and 3tech is impressive.

thunderkyss
06-25-2010, 02:46 PM

Who knows what motivates people?

It is some guys goal, simply to make it to the NFL, he probably thinks he's "made it"

some guys want to be pro-bowlers, some guys want to win superbowls, some guys want to be known as the best.

Some guys are just passing through.

Who knows?

thunderkyss
06-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Usually those three years do involve playing and learning via experience. For three years, he's often not good enough to be active on gameday for a team that has started Jeff Zgoniga. He sucks and will be gone this season, barring catastrophic injuries at DT. Maybe he will prove us wrong but the guy had the reputation coming out of college and has been in the NFL for three years and proven his reputation even further. It would be silly to expect a sudden change now.

He was drafted in '07, played the '08 & '09 season. 2010 will be his 3rd year.