PDA

View Full Version : The painful past and "goin' for it" against the Colts

barrett
06-09-2010, 01:46 PM
painful retrospective, yet inspiring read (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/403096-king-tate-can-ben-tate-get-the-texans-over-the-hump) about your beloved Texans #43:

excerpt-
[quote]Running backs with 3,000 career rushing yards in the SEC don’t grow on trees. Tate had a distinguished career at Auburn, ranking fifth on the school’s all-time rushing list. He does an excellent job of protecting the ball, and more vitally, has proven to be very effective in short-yardage situations. Nobody in the league is going to question Tate’s tenacity—he rushed for over 1,300 yards his senior year.

beerlover
06-09-2010, 04:18 PM
why is it never mentioned about a RB's ability to block? even more so in a pass pro system like Kubiak/Shanahan run. so Auburn didn't have much of a passing attack, I watched Tate closely & he seemed always engaged blocking somebody, physical in all aspects of the position, do people actually watch film? This has to have been a real plus for him to being selected by the Texans as high as he did yet nobody ever mentions this. curious isn't it?

JB
06-09-2010, 04:33 PM
why is it never mentioned about a RB's ability to block? even more so in a pass pro system like Kubiak/Shanahan run. so Auburn didn't have much of a passing attack, I watched Tate closely & he seemed always engaged blocking somebody, physical in all aspects of the position, do people actually watch film? This has to have been a real plus for him to being selected by the Texans as high as he did yet nobody ever mentions this. curious isn't it?

I think we talked about it before the draft. One of the reasons I was high on him was that he had a bit more experience pass blocking that the other top prospects.

El Tejano
06-09-2010, 04:45 PM
You're right about that because Foster didn't even get to play until he absolutely had to and most of the reason for it is because he had issues with pass pro.