PDA

View Full Version : Phins owner: Miami Super Bowl bound, Henne could be better than Marino

brakos82
06-06-2010, 10:05 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d81881963&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

If Chad Henne wasn't feeling any pressure before, well, he just might now.

Speaking at a local high school in Miami Beach on Saturday, Dolphins owner Stephen Ross predicted his team would be in Super Bowl XLV and feels his starting quarterback will be a big reason why.

Ross, who went to Michigan, said that Henne has the potential to be the greatest quarterback in franchise history, according to the Palm Beach Post.

And that franchise history includes Dan Marino.

"Chad has been the greatest quarterback the University of Michigan has had," Ross told a crowd of several hundred kids and football coaches, "and Iím sure that Iím hoping, as is everyone else, that he goes down as the greatest quarterback in Miami dolphins history Ė- and you know what that will mean."

Henne, who turns 25 next month, is entering his third NFL season. He took over as the starter in Week 4 after Chad Pennington was lost for the season with a shoulder injury.

In 14 games (13 starts), Henne threw for 2,878 yards with 12 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. His passer rating was 75.2, which ranked 22nd in the league.

With the lofty expectations Ross has set, those numbers will have to improve drastically -- and fast.

"Chad Henne can handle pressure, that I can tell you," Ross said. "He started at the University of Michigan as a true freshman, playing in front of 110,000 people and leading them to the Big Ten championship as a true freshman. I think the Miami Dolphins have a great quarterback for the future, and I think everybody in South Florida is excited about what Chad Henne brings to this team."

Wolf
06-06-2010, 10:13 PM
if you are going to aim, aim high I guess

guess he forgot that the Texans are in the AFC also :slapfight:
:breakdance:

JB
06-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Shouldn't this be in the drunk thread? 'Cause that dude is drunker than I may ever be... and that's some drunk....

brakos82
06-06-2010, 10:28 PM
Shouldn't this be in the drunk thread? 'Cause that dude is drunker than I may ever be... and that's some drunk....

Yeah it is.... :runaway:

Texecutioner
06-06-2010, 10:59 PM
Shouldn't this be in the drunk thread?

Yes, I think so.

GP
06-06-2010, 11:41 PM
Looks like someone's been raiding Limbaugh's stash of pain meds.

This just in: Al Davis thinks THIS is the year the Raiders go all the way.

wagonhed
06-07-2010, 12:29 AM
"Chad has been the greatest quarterback the University of Michigan has had,"
Uh....

http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/files/cache/tom-brady-michigan-wolverines-16x20-photo_db49b0538f6b768a8db51857cbb637a2.jpg

b0ng
06-07-2010, 08:24 AM
I'm not too boned up on my Michigan QB history but I do know that Brady didn't set the Big X on fire during his college career.

Texan_Bill
06-07-2010, 09:15 AM

At least there, Thorn could tell the Dolphin's owner to "Kizz his ast!!"

Seriously though?? Better than Marino??

WWJD
06-07-2010, 09:28 AM
Funny stuff. JLo is a minority owner in the Dolphins. I bet if she had said this nobody would disagree with her! :)

Goldensilence
06-07-2010, 03:57 PM
Agreed should be in the drunk thread.

Chad Henne...better than Dan Marino?

Really?

http://www.nfl.com/players/danmarino/profile?id=MAR149079

It's not even close.

Dutchrudder
06-07-2010, 04:10 PM
I think Henne will have a good year with the addition of Marshall and their upgrades on defense. He will have many opportunities to score lots of fantasy points, so I think he will make a great backup QB :)

BullNation4Life
06-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Agreed should be in the drunk thread.

Chad Henne...better than Dan Marino?

Really?

http://www.nfl.com/players/danmarino/profile?id=MAR149079

It's not even close.

Numbers are all well and good but if Henne wins a Super Bowl, something Marino failed to do, that trumps anything Marino did as a Dolphin, stats be damned...

BullNation4Life
06-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Uh....

http://www.sportsmemorabilia.com/files/cache/tom-brady-michigan-wolverines-16x20-photo_db49b0538f6b768a8db51857cbb637a2.jpg

In college Henne had a career, Brady did not...

As a Pro, not even a discussion....

PapaL
06-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Obviously the man is either mentally ill or knows nothing about football. He MUST'VE seen the Marino name and said yeah he'll be better then that bum.

That or the janitor's name is Marino...or maybe he meant Marino the actor...has to be one of those!

eriadoc
06-07-2010, 11:50 PM
So Miami still has access to the good stuff, evidently.

Second Honeymoon
06-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Stephen Ross will be appearing at the Laugh Factory this weekend. 2 drink minimum.

This guy is a moron. I was never a huge Marino guy (he was a jerk to his team and always blamed others for failures) but to act like Henne could be better than him or Griese and win a championship is just laughable.

that must be some really good **** that he is smokin'

sometexansfan
06-08-2010, 07:18 PM
How can he be considered the best quarterback ever at Michigan when he went 0 for 4 against Ohio State? And as a Buckeye fan I was more than glad to point that out. :)

hobie
06-09-2010, 11:37 AM
At least there, Thorn could tell the Dolphin's owner to "Kizz his ast!!"

Seriously though?? Better than Marino??

Well records wise, probably not, HOFer, no way, but he has a chance to win at least 1 SB, and if you want to say that would make him better than DM, then I can see the owners point. Big Ben has 2 and he isn't any better, but rings walk the walk....

Goldensilence
06-09-2010, 11:50 AM
Numbers are all well and good but if Henne wins a Super Bowl, something Marino failed to do, that trumps anything Marino did as a Dolphin, stats be damned...

So Broadway Joe has a SB ring...other than that not a whole lot and he's in the HOF (Him being in it is a joke though).

Same with Trent Dilfer. (SB ring at least)

Doug Williams won a superbowl too.

None of those guys are even in the realm of Dan Marino as a QB.

Charles Barkley didn't win an NBA title, but Pete Chillcutt won a title in 94-95 with the Rockets. Does that make him better?

BullNation4Life
06-10-2010, 01:05 AM
So Broadway Joe has a SB ring...other than that not a whole lot and he's in the HOF (Him being in it is a joke though).

Same with Trent Dilfer. (SB ring at least)

Doug Williams won a superbowl too.

None of those guys are even in the realm of Dan Marino as a QB.

Charles Barkley didn't win an NBA title, but Pete Chillcutt won a title in 94-95 with the Rockets. Does that make him better?

No doesn't make Chillcut better than Barkley, just makes Chilly a World Champion, something Barkley will never be able to say. Sucks for Barkley....

We are not talking about Hall of Fame status, we are talking about Dolphin QB status and if Henne wins a Super Bowl, something Marion never did, then Henne would be considered more successful than Marino as a Dolphin QB because he won the Big Game.

You are right, those QBs are not in the same realm, they are sitting above Marino because they have what Marino doesn't, a Super Bowl ring. That is what the NFL is all about, Super Bowls and Marino has as many Super Bowl rings as I have...zilch...

NitroGSXR
06-10-2010, 01:18 AM
I thought Marino came into the 2nd half of the SB and led his team to victory after Ace rescued him and Flipper from Einhorn?

BullNation4Life
06-10-2010, 08:47 AM
I thought Marino came into the 2nd half of the SB and led his team to victory after Ace rescued him and Flipper from Einhorn?

Oh yeah that is right he did. Right after he found Captain Winky!

http://img.youtube.com/vi/tFL1UXuHJ-A/0.jpg
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/e/c/6/ec6b84091c2a77685ac63ca9e4166a75.jpg

^^^^^That's a hell of a tuck job....

edo783
06-12-2010, 12:14 AM
I'm calling for a complete drug test panel. Blood, urine, brain wave everything. This dude is off the charts screwy.

HouSportsWriter
06-12-2010, 12:35 AM
mcnair should come out and say bull shet.... get it ??? texans mascot toro the bull hahaha so funny....

hell that was a lame joke....thaught i would post it anyways haha

im just posting random stuff to get my post rank up

any ways going bed soon it is 12:30 =d

HouSportsWriter
06-12-2010, 12:38 AM

umm one more comment then bed.....what the fluck is that:roflcopter:

Goldensilence
06-12-2010, 02:15 AM
No doesn't make Chillcut better than Barkley, just makes Chilly a World Champion, something Barkley will never be able to say. Sucks for Barkley....

We are not talking about Hall of Fame status, we are talking about Dolphin QB status and if Henne wins a Super Bowl, something Marion never did, then Henne would be considered more successful than Marino as a Dolphin QB because he won the Big Game.

You are right, those QBs are not in the same realm, they are sitting above Marino because they have what Marino doesn't, a Super Bowl ring. That is what the NFL is all about, Super Bowls and Marino has as many Super Bowl rings as I have...zilch...

Still not in the same realm.

Would you really rather have Chillcut in the clutch or Barkley down low?

2 minutes in the game and you're seriously telling me you want Dilfer, Doug Williams, or Joe Namath because the team they were on put a ring on their finger?

I call bull****.

Yeah, a championship means a lot but, it doesn't mean any individual in a team sport is better than another.

By your standards, Zac Diles = Junior Seau.

Not even close. By a ****ing mile.

Texecutioner
06-12-2010, 02:40 AM

2 minutes in the game and you're seriously telling me you want Dilfer, Doug Williams, or Joe Namath because the team they were on put a ring on their finger?

I call bull****.

Yeah, a championship means a lot but, it doesn't mean any individual in a team sport is better than another.

Agreed GS. Marino and Barkley are both arguably top 5 at their position of all time. Football is a sport where 11 men start on a team and there is another side of the ball where the QB has no strong influence on. In basketball Bark got all the way to the finals and played a nice series but still lost 4-2 to the Bulls who won six freaking times and never lost any Finals series to anyone. Bark had like 50 points in one of those games though. Barkley is like top 3 at PF if you want to call Duncan a PF and not a C. Malone and Duncan are the only two guys you'd put over Bark.

How Chilcutt entered this discussion is way beyond comical. Lol!

BullNation4Life
06-14-2010, 04:38 PM

I call bull****.

Wow you are so missing the point...

Has nothing to do with who is better. Your Chillcut/Barkley comparison really isn't a fair comparison. More like say Robert Horry vs Barkley. Horry accomplished more becasue he got rings. This is about accomplishments as a Dolphin QB, nothing more, nothing less. Not about the HOF or every record in the book. As a Dolphin QB, if Henne wins a ring, he trumps any record or stat Marino has as a Dolphin because he did the 1 thing Marion could not, deliver a SB championship to Miami, end of discussion. I wish you could ask Marino, hell ask any football player what means more, HOF, records and stats or SB ring, guarantee you 99.99999999 percent they say SB ring.

Why by my standards would Diles = Seau, what the F has Diles ever done, hell he hasn't even been in the playoffs. Please make rational comparisons and not goofy ass ones like that.

BullNation4Life
06-14-2010, 04:41 PM

umm one more comment then bed.....what the fluck is that:roflcopter:

That would be Captain Winky on Einhorn in Ace Ventura...

Dutchrudder
06-17-2010, 09:06 AM
The key word in the title is 'could'.