PDA

View Full Version : Texan's Talk Combine

Line_Producer
05-27-2010, 12:54 PM
Hey guys, this idea was brought up in another thread, so I took it upon myself to see if this is even possible.

If I were to set up a 'combine' for all the fans to participate in, who would be interested? I'm thinking at least 25 guys would have to sign up before I reserved a space.

What measurables would you like to see done.
- 40 yard dash :runaway:
- three cone drill
- long jump
- hi jump
- bench :kingkong:
- height/weight/what position do you want to play?
- pass catching maybe?

Perhaps we do it at a YMCA on a saturday, maybe the July 24 or 31st?

I think it would be awesome, mad respect to TimeKiller for bringing this idea up. So what do y'all think? Perhaps I can get the Texans to sponsor it or have the cheerleaders come out; something to that effect.

Thoughts?

-wil

Malloy
05-27-2010, 01:12 PM
I'll be there in spirit, my corpus is stuck overseas :)

dc_txtech
05-27-2010, 03:09 PM
-The beer chug
-The long pour
-The Beer Pong throw
-The Quarter Bounce
-Das Boot

Now that I would show up for.

beerlover
05-27-2010, 03:13 PM
-The beer chug
-The long pour
-The Beer Pong throw
-The Quarter Bounce
-Das Boot

Now that I would show up for.

you beat me to it :beerfunnel:

TimeKiller
05-27-2010, 03:31 PM
Hey guys, this idea was brought up in another thread, so I took it upon myself to see if this is even possible.

If I were to set up a 'combine' for all the fans to participate in, who would be interested? I'm thinking at least 25 guys would have to sign up before I reserved a space.

What measurables would you like to see done.
- 40 yard dash :runaway:
- three cone drill
- long jump
- hi jump
- bench :kingkong:
- height/weight/what position do you want to play?
- pass catching maybe?

Perhaps we do it at a YMCA on a saturday, maybe the July 24 or 31st?

I think it would be awesome, mad respect to TimeKiller for bringing this idea up. So what do y'all think? Perhaps I can get the Texans to sponsor it or have the cheerleaders come out; something to that effect.

Thoughts?

-wil

:bow:

I'm in on the 40, 3 cone drill and a weigh in. Bench press too as long as it's not 225 lbs.!!!! Basically everything but the jumping so I don't have my white-ness exposed to all the scouts. You know how people get when white people are in the wrong place (it's a Toby Gerhart joke, calm down)

badboy
05-27-2010, 04:20 PM
I'll be the faithful, long enduring fan that reads how each of you did then will sit back and criticise your efforts.

hobie
05-27-2010, 04:40 PM
I'll be the faithful, long enduring fan that reads how each of you did then will sit back and criticise your efforts.

Kind of like John McLame or Richie Justice.

TEXANS84
05-27-2010, 05:50 PM
TEXANS84 Results:

- 40 yard dash----DNF
- three cone drill----DNF
- long jump----DNF
- hi jump----DNF
- bench----DNF
- height/weight/what position do you want to play?----Punter
- pass catching maybe?----N/A

Complete.

JB
05-27-2010, 06:02 PM
If you are going to have a TexansTalk Combine, all this athletic nonsense needs to go away.
dc_txtech had it right. Those are the events for this board. That way all members can compete, even old fat farts like me...

And I would kick ass in those competitions.

Of course, if you found a cop to chase me, I would probably win the 40!

Malloy
05-28-2010, 01:16 AM
Just an idea, but back in highschool we competed against other local highschools in what was called Ølstafet, øl means beer and stafet is a relay race, in other words a beer-relay competition! It's a team activity and VERY entertaining for participants and spectators alike.

Basically you take turns running the relay (bottle opener) to a whole case of beer (30 bottles in our case) open one, drink it, then run around the case 10 times and return to the starting point and hand over the bottle opener. The team that finished the case first is the winner.

If you have alot of participants you can have heats (more beer!). At our yearly grand competition (called the Ølympiade - Beerlympics) we had 3 heats, the third being the finale, our team had shrunk to 3 people at this time...

I'm guessing one could make a soda/water version of this most brilliant of athletic activities, but honestly... where is the fun in that :)

Line_Producer
05-28-2010, 10:11 AM
Okay, it looks like it has changed to.

BEERLYMPICS!

All of my cash will go towards the lawsuits that are sure to happen. ;)

Ole Miss Texan
05-28-2010, 10:16 AM
This is something I've been thinking about for the past couple years. On the day of the Combine, I wanted to measure myself in the categories mentioned. Then throughout the year I'd workout, run, train, etc etc and then on the day of the next Combine I'd test myself again. I think it's be pretty cool to see (1) how you [don't] stack up athletically to the pros and (2) how much progress you still made over the year.

HOU-TEX
05-28-2010, 11:33 AM
I'll do the height/weight, the 225lb bench and catch passes.......as long as I don't have to run routes.

Then......drink cold beer

Line_Producer
05-28-2010, 12:21 PM
This is something I've been thinking about for the past couple years.

There we go. We have four signed up so far.

Ole Miss
Timekiller
Houtex
Line Producer.

I'm thinking bench should be at the 135 level.

gtexan02
05-28-2010, 02:45 PM
I'll participate in a typing challenge, but otherwise can't do much from Virginia

BigBull17
05-28-2010, 02:53 PM
Do when then get to do a member mock draft of all your asses? THAT would be cool.

Hardcore Texan
05-28-2010, 05:21 PM
This is something I would do and gladly embarass myself (especially the beer focused events) but the timing is terrible, I live out of town and my wife is due w/ our 3rd child on 7-22. So I don't see how I can make it into town.

TEXANS84
05-28-2010, 06:57 PM
Okay, it looks like it has changed to.

BEERLYMPICS!

Deal!!!!!

40oz dash---- Passed
- three wiseman drill----Passed
- longneck----Passed with honors
- hi-life (miller)----didn't like it, but passed
- binge----Passed
- height/weight/?----I thought we did this on the 40oz, but a 24oz dark ale will do--Passed
- pass catching maybe?--Throw a drink at me? Child please!