PDA

View Full Version : Cook out this weekend

Andrew6
05-18-2010, 02:27 PM
Going to have a cookout / get together at my house this Saturday. If anyone would like to come shoot on by.
BYOB

Andrew
303 Magnolia Way
League City TX 77573

832 457 9253

Dr2bKay
05-18-2010, 02:57 PM
Going to have a cookout / get together at my house this Saturday. If anyone would like to come shoot on by.
BYOB

Andrew
303 Magnolia Way
League City TX 77573

832 457 9253

Wow this sounds fun! I miss seeing Amy and you. If my schedule allows, I will be there.

BIG TORO
05-18-2010, 03:03 PM
BYOB

Andrew
303 Magnolia Way
League City TX 77573

832 457 9253

Hey buddy,
Sorry Im not going to make it, I talked to my friends and they already bought the supplies for margaritas and fajitas at my house. I will have to make it up to you and take you and Amy out to dinner for your Birthday.

If your plans change you know your always welcome at my house.

SheTexan
05-18-2010, 03:20 PM
BYOB

Andrew
303 Magnolia Way
League City TX 77573

832 457 9253

Time?

Drew_Smoke
05-18-2010, 03:54 PM
I was wondering why you asked me when my trip to the Frio is....now we know. So you can have a shindig w/out us...lol

Yo Toro...gonna go get some wings around 5, Cat Daddy. Ride on out if you can.

BIG TORO
05-18-2010, 04:07 PM
I was wondering why you asked me when my trip to the Frio is....now we know. So you can have a shindig w/out us...lol

I might just do that! Still at work, If I get out early I will.

Craig.
05-18-2010, 04:14 PM
Time?

I've got about 4:15

Andrew6
05-18-2010, 07:42 PM
Time?

figured I'd start cooking around noon.

Andrew6
05-18-2010, 07:42 PM

you not coming ?

Andrew6
05-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Wow this sounds fun! I miss seeing Amy and you. If my schedule allows, I will be there.

look forward to seeing you.

Texan_Bill
05-18-2010, 08:33 PM

Okay Kay, quit playin' around and just be there...... :fingergun:

Texan_Bill
05-18-2010, 08:34 PM

What's on the menu? Remember now, I only eat tofu....

:lol: Yeah, right!!! :splits:

JB
05-18-2010, 08:38 PM
What's on the menu? Remember now, I only eat tofu lathered in A-1 ....

Really? Really Bill?

Texan_Bill
05-18-2010, 09:23 PM
Really? Really Bill?

I usually keep my more vile comments to the NSZ, but eff you with the A-1!!! :slapfight:

BIG TORO
05-19-2010, 08:10 AM

Hell if its that early I might be able to stop by!

Andrew6
05-19-2010, 09:50 AM
Hell if its that early I might be able to stop by!

come on by.

I'm going to do a pork butt for some pulled pork sandwhiches and thinking about either doing burgers and dogs or fajitas. From there on Its going to be a crap shoot. I generally cook good so I'll just go to the store and pick some stuff and and it'll be good. Thats just how I Roll.

Texan_Bill
05-19-2010, 08:50 PM
Yummy!!! Looking forward to it. I'm not sure what time we'll get there, 'cause I do have to knock out a couple of chores Saturday morning. :tiphat:

*EDIT*

Do you and Amy have a pool? Just curious if I should bring some jams and a towel.

Cjeremy635
05-19-2010, 10:44 PM
Andrew,
I'd love to bring the wife and come by, but I'm knee deep in remodeling (hanging sheetrock and mortaring stone at the moment) :hairpull:. I'm hoping to be able to come up for air and take a breather in the near future, so maybe you will have something again.... before too long. I also missed the get together that Thorn had planned due to the freakin' house. I did enjoy meeting you and would definately like to throw back a few cold ones with you guys though. Anyways, I hope ya'll have a great time. Don't let Bill get drunk and run naked down the road, neighbors tend to frown on that.

Texan_Bill
05-19-2010, 11:08 PM
Andrew,
I'd love to bring the wife and come by, but I'm knee deep in remodeling (hanging sheetrock and mortaring stone at the moment) :hairpull:. I'm hoping to be able to come up for air and take a breather in the near future, so maybe you will have something again.... before too long. I also missed the get together that Thorn had planned due to the freakin' house. I did enjoy meeting you and would definately like to throw back a few cold ones with you guys though. Anyways, I hope ya'll have a great time. Don't let Bill get drunk and run naked down the road, neighbors tend to frown on that.

Dude, seriously, nut up and take a day off. Join us!!! You and the wifey make a trip, spend (a mere couple of hours) and be social with people that you already love partying with... Don't be a Puh Ce!!! ;)

Andrew6
05-20-2010, 07:40 AM
Yummy!!! Looking forward to it. I'm not sure what time we'll get there, 'cause I do have to knock out a couple of chores Saturday morning. :tiphat:

*EDIT*

Do you and Amy have a pool? Just curious if I should bring some jams and a towel.

No Pool. I do have a water sprinkler if you want to bring your jams still.

Andrew6
05-20-2010, 07:41 AM
Andrew,

Looking forward to seeing yall soon.

Drew_Smoke
05-20-2010, 08:41 AM
I am taking Ma and a couple of my homegirls out to Leakey/Concan for some Frio action.

I may be too old to keep up with 3 women but it'll be fun trying.

I hope your b-day is a good one, dude.

Dread-Head
05-20-2010, 09:19 AM
BYOB

Andrew
303 Magnolia Way
League City TX 77573

832 457 9253

Were it NOT in league city...sure.

Andrew6
05-20-2010, 09:22 AM
Were it NOT in league city...sure.

Outstanding warrents?

Dread-Head
05-20-2010, 09:25 AM
What's on the menu? Remember now, I only eat tofu....

:lol: Yeah, right!!! :splits:

Yeah. You only eat Tofu and have given up beer and I no longer date redheads, Asians or anyone above a B-cup.

Dread-Head
05-20-2010, 09:25 AM
Outstanding warrents?

There was some...unpleasantness.

Honoring Earl 34
05-20-2010, 09:31 AM
There was some...unpleasantness.

You'll be fine where he lives .

45 take a right .

Do not go down 518 to 528 or 2351 . Do not set foot on the west side bank of the creek .

Hardcore Texan
05-20-2010, 09:53 AM
come on by.

I'm going to do a pork butt for some pulled pork sandwhiches and thinking about either doing burgers and dogs or fajitas. From there on Its going to be a crap shoot. I generally cook good so I'll just go to the store and pick some stuff and and it'll be good. Thats just how I Roll.

Where do you buy your pork butt at, does HEB sell them? I am interested in cooking one in the near future, never have made one before.

Have a great party, wish I could be there bro.

Andrew6
05-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Where do you buy your pork butt at, does HEB sell them? I am interested in cooking one in the near future, never have made one before.

Have a great party, wish I could be there bro.

not sure yet. Plan on doing my shopping tonight or tomorrow. Any ideas would be welcomed. I was kinda thinking Bay Area Meat Market off of Kirby in Seabrook.

Hardcore Texan
05-20-2010, 11:05 AM
I have looked around and don't remeber seeing them at HEB. I need to find a good meat market here in the Austin area.

Honoring Earl 34
05-20-2010, 11:14 AM
I have looked around and don't remeber seeing them at HEB. I need to find a good meat market here in the Austin area.

Try this for an old fashion dinner .

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/the-lady-and-sons-smoked-boston-butt-roast-recipe/index.html

ps. It doesn't say to do so but I'd cover it , unless you like jerky .

Andrew6
05-20-2010, 01:43 PM
http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq185/Andew6/directions.gif

gary
05-20-2010, 06:25 PM
Someone named Amy sent me a notice about this certain cookout on facebook. LOL

Joe Texan
05-20-2010, 07:07 PM

*EDIT*

Really, Really

Who is we and how come I was not told of this

Saturday I am trying to work this in

Texan_Bill
05-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Really, Really

Who is we and how come I was not told of this

Saturday I am trying to work this in

Maybe the Andrews are telling you something, but not telling you! ;)

We was going to be Ted, Kathryn and then they asked if I would need a ride.

Andrew6
05-20-2010, 08:24 PM
Come on out Joe. The more the merrier. I got the food just don't think I can afford all the alcohol. I have a little bit but wouldn't take much to polish it off.

gary
05-20-2010, 08:29 PM
I am considering coming. Would that be alright?

Texan_Bill
05-20-2010, 08:31 PM

You mean like you showed up at Bubba's little buddy?? ;)

:jk:

gary
05-20-2010, 08:40 PM
I am sorry I decided not to come because I thought I might get beat up for not agreeing those dancers should be dreesed like that in the NSZ. LOL

Texan_Bill
05-20-2010, 08:44 PM
I am sorry I decided not to come because I thought I might get beat up for not agreeing those dancers should be dreesed like that in the NSZ. LOL

Well rest assured, Saturday I think the majority of people going would agree with you.... Not all, but a majority. :ahhaha:

JB
05-20-2010, 08:49 PM
Well rest assured, Saturday I think the majority of people going would agree with you.... Not all, but a majority. :ahhaha:

Well Gary, I won't be able to make it this time. But wanted to let you know I was hoping to meet you last weekend. And it would not have made a difference then either.

gary
05-20-2010, 09:05 PM
TB, really needs to get mind in the right place.

Texan_Bill
05-20-2010, 09:06 PM
Well Gary, I won't be able to make it this time. But wanted to let you know I was hoping to meet you last weekend. And it would not have made a difference then either.

Puh Ce!!

Texan_Bill
05-20-2010, 09:07 PM
TB, really needs to get mind in the right place.

:shocked

Whaaaa???! What??!? What does that mean?

JB
05-20-2010, 09:15 PM
Puh Ce!!

Exactly!

gary
05-20-2010, 09:20 PM

You are probably thinking of them at 40 wearing something like that or worse I know you. LMAO.

Andrew6
05-20-2010, 09:53 PM

that'd be great. We'd be honored to have yall.

Andrew6
05-20-2010, 09:55 PM
Menu so far:
Zumo sausages (Walmart had a sell and Danny is pretty high on them)
home made salsa
home made queso
Pulled pork sandwhiches
2nd or 3rd place potatoe salad lol
Beans (cause they make folks smell Bettah)
Hamburgers
Hot dogs

still trying to compile a list so can anyone think of anything else I should get and make up:?

Andrew6
05-20-2010, 09:56 PM
oh yeah chips and dip of course

Texan_Bill
05-20-2010, 09:56 PM
that'd be great. We'd be honored to have yall.

Don't be so willing! Mr. SuperGary stood us up at Bubba's... ;)

Maybe we need to work Mom over.... :D

gary
05-20-2010, 09:57 PM
that'd be great. We'd be honored to have yall.Is there enough space in the yard?

Texan_Bill
05-20-2010, 09:58 PM
Oh, and I see Andy (BullPenPhotos) lurking........... Y'all need to come too. Take some pics!!!

Andrew6
05-20-2010, 10:31 PM
Is there enough space in the yard?

space in the yard? you bringing a jungle gym? lol

SheTexan
05-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Andrew! How late does this shindig go? Might not be able to get there until around 4. Not sure, I'll let ya know. Kara has another BD party she HAS to attend at 1 (bosses kid) and she wants to come with me to yours. Still trying to work it out. Are ya gonna PARTY all night? :drunk::toast2::wesmantexanfan::party::shots::beer funnel::chili:

Joe Texan
05-20-2010, 11:09 PM
Menu so far:
Zumo sausages (Walmart had a sell and Danny is pretty high on them)
home made salsa
home made queso
Pulled pork sandwhiches
2nd or 3rd place potatoe salad lol
Beans (cause they make folks smell Bettah)
Hamburgers
Hot dogs

still trying to compile a list so can anyone think of anything else I should get and make up:?

You pulled me in with the pork

Andrew6
05-21-2010, 12:08 AM
Andrew! How late does this shindig go? Might not be able to get there until around 4. Not sure, I'll let ya know. Kara has another BD party she HAS to attend at 1 (bosses kid) and she wants to come with me to yours. Still trying to work it out. Are ya gonna PARTY all night? ::chili:

shoot on over whenever you can. I'm sure folks will find something to do :slapfight: lol

HOU-TEX
05-21-2010, 09:06 AM
This is on Saturday? **** me to tears! It's down on my side of town too! Dammit

GlassHalfFull
05-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Wish we could make it, but Sean is playing in a 7 on 7 tournament at Reliant on Saturday. Hopefully, they will do well and play late into the day. So we will be out in the hot sun watching football!! The final rounds are played in the bubble, which helps with the sun some.

Andrew6
05-21-2010, 11:03 AM
This is on Saturday? **** me to tears! It's down on my side of town too! Dammit

come on out.

Andrew6
05-21-2010, 11:03 AM
Wish we could make it, but Sean is playing in a 7 on 7 tournament at Reliant on Saturday. Hopefully, they will do well and play late into the day. So we will be out in the hot sun watching football!! The final rounds are played in the bubble, which helps with the sun some.

I hope he gets to play late. If his team just beats the hell out of everyone and yall finish early then come on by.

Andrew6
05-21-2010, 02:06 PM
thinking of adding ribs to the menu depending upon if I can find them for a good price. Any folks that shop well let me know of a place with good prices.

Dread-Head
05-21-2010, 02:15 PM
thinking of adding ribs to the menu depending upon if I can find them for a good price. Any folks that shop well let me know of a place with good prices.

aww. I hate to miss ribs.

Andrew6
05-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Was going to Fiesta in Pasadena when we found a new place called Mi Tienda or something like that and they had some of the freshest stuff around at prices I've never seen before. We got some big butts *(pork) and hamburger meet etc... for very reasonible prices.

Hope yall can make it.

Texan_Bill
05-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Dude,

I am so sorry!! I can't make it after all.... I have to work tomorrow and there's no way around it. Trust me, I tried. I left a message for Ted (who was supposed to be my DD).

Sorry man, I so wanted to come. What time do y'all think you will go to? If nothing else, I may drive down later (again, depending on the time).

PM me your phone number...

gary
05-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Aw, man TB crapped out but I'm still probably coming Andrew.

Texan_Bill
05-21-2010, 09:27 PM

Hopefully I can come down later.... I just won't drink since I won't have a DD. But good food? I'm all for it!!! :turtle:

Andrew6
05-21-2010, 10:08 PM
Dude,

I am so sorry!! I can't make it after all.... I have to work tomorrow and there's no way around it. Trust me, I tried. I left a message for Ted (who was supposed to be my DD).

Sorry man, I so wanted to come. What time do y'all think you will go to? If nothing else, I may drive down later (again, depending on the time).

PM me your phone number...

I think I smell a Puuuhhhh Ce'?

Andrew6
05-21-2010, 10:09 PM

Probably? don't be a slacker Gary.

Texan_Bill
05-21-2010, 10:12 PM

Ya know what?? I have to take that one on the chin.... Straight up!! There is nasty Puh Ce stench in the air, and it's coming straight from me... *bows head in shame*

NitroGSXR
05-21-2010, 10:25 PM

Nah. He's just showin' his age. Ain't a youn'un like us no mo'!

Andrew6
05-21-2010, 10:30 PM
Nah. He's just showin' his age. Ain't a youn'un like us no mo'!

poor fellah

JB
05-21-2010, 10:40 PM
Ya know what?? I have to take that one on the chin.... Straight up!! There is nasty Puh Ce stench in the air, and it's coming straight from me... *bows head in shame*

That's allright TB, **** goes around...

not that I would know

Andrew6
05-21-2010, 10:44 PM
That's allright TB, **** goes around...

not that I would know

you going to make it out JB?

JB
05-21-2010, 10:47 PM
you going to make it out JB?

No man, I'm going the TB route. Gotta work until 2. Be 5 before I could find my way there, and then have to stay sober? I don't think so.

Would love to if it was on a Sunday, or you decided to party at the lake...

But I sure would like to. I really enjoyed meeting y'all and would love an opportunity to chat awhile.

But for this weekend, I am a Puh- Cee

Honoring Earl 34
05-21-2010, 11:24 PM
Was going to Fiesta in Pasadena when we found a new place called Mi Tienda or something like that and they had some of the freshest stuff around at prices I've never seen before. We got some big butts *(pork) and hamburger meet etc... for very reasonible prices.

Hope yall can make it.

Was this place off Shaver ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ImZTwYwCug&feature=related

Andrew6
05-22-2010, 01:19 AM
Was this place off Shaver ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ImZTwYwCug&feature=related

yeah kind of right by shaver. cool place.

gary
05-22-2010, 09:58 AM
Probably? don't be a slacker Gary.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3ZLbtWEQ54

Honoring Earl 34
05-22-2010, 10:11 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3ZLbtWEQ54

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBShN8qT4lk&feature=related

SheTexan
05-22-2010, 11:44 AM

Hope yall can make it.

Do you speak Spanish Andrew? Are you sure you bought pork BUTT and hamburger meat? I thought that place was all in Spanish! lol Don't know what you might be buying! Maybe I'll eat before I come to your place! J/K:)

BTW: I boycott that place!!

Andrew6
05-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Do you speak Spanish Andrew? Are you sure you bought pork BUTT and hamburger meat? I thought that place was all in Spanish! lol Don't know what you might be buying! Maybe I'll eat before I come to your place! J/K:)

I asked and speak a very little bit of spanish. I do speak french and both are romantic languages and have alot of similar words or words that mean the same thing with different pronunciation or slight differences in spelling.

The pulled pork came out great. I made 2 different flavors. Carolina Mustard BBQ and Texas BBQ. Both are good. the Texas bbq is really smokey and the carolina is kind of a sweet mustard

Hardcore Texan
05-22-2010, 01:14 PM
I asked and speak a very little bit of spanish. I do speak french and both are romantic languages and have alot of similar words or words that mean the same thing with different pronunciation or slight differences in spelling.

The pulled pork came out great. I made 2 different flavors. Carolina Mustard BBQ and Texas BBQ. Both are good. the Texas bbq is really smokey and the carolina is kind of a sweet mustard

saw your pics on FB, looked very good!

JT
05-22-2010, 03:58 PM

Oh geez, why am I not surprised...really?

Andrew6
05-22-2010, 08:29 PM
Appreciate everyone coming out and grubbing with us. Food turned out pretty good. We had a great time. Will deff. have to have another cook out soon. I need to work on getting a pool, damn easement won't let me though :(. Guess I gotta stick with sitting on the sprinkler lol.

Andrew6
05-22-2010, 08:31 PM
Oh geez, why am I not surprised...really?

I've been to some asian restaurants that don't put names of stuff on their buffets or they put it in different languages and it means dog. They had a few places back in Mississippi get shut down b/c of that. It does happen. I made sure of what I got. ;)

Texan_Bill
05-22-2010, 08:35 PM
Appreciate everyone coming out and grubbing with us. Food turned out pretty good. We had a great time. Will deff. have to have another cook out soon. I need to work on getting a pool, damn easement won't let me though :(. Guess I gotta stick with sitting on the sprinkler lol.

Yeah, I just responded to your PM.. Mos Def!! Let's set something else up in the very near future!! The pool would be awesome, but I would even settle for a spa... (wirh hot chicks, of course! :D )

Andrew6
05-22-2010, 08:57 PM
Yeah, I just responded to your PM.. Mos Def!! Let's set something else up in the very near future!! The pool would be awesome, but I would even settle for a spa... (wirh hot chicks, of course! :D )

I have a 16 foot easement in my yard so can't build chit. I guess my next garage will have a pool and might even have a small house attached with it.

Texan_Bill
05-22-2010, 09:07 PM
I have a 16 foot easement in my yard so can't build chit. I guess my next garage will have a pool and might even have a small house attached with it.

Sixteen foot?? That's some bull****!!!!!

Andrew6
05-22-2010, 09:32 PM

who you telling. with the easement and then not being able to build with in 5 feet of your house I'd only be able to have a small lap pool .

Joe Texan
05-22-2010, 09:41 PM
Had an emergency leak in a job I just finished, Sorry to all yall but Work comes first.

Andrew6
05-22-2010, 09:52 PM
Had an emergency leak in a job I just finished, Sorry to all yall but Work comes first.

:slapfight:

gary
05-22-2010, 09:56 PM
Nice seeing David out there and the food was outstanding. I had a wonderful time Andrew even got a man's purse I was shocked but I'll let him post the story. I am the one who brought it for him. LOL. Thanks to Amy and Andrew for a wonderful day. You all missed a real blast.

SheTexan
05-22-2010, 10:06 PM
Sorry I didn't make it out Andrew, but, didn't have any wheels. Stuck at home bored to tears having to eat left overs. YUK!!

Hardcore Texan
05-22-2010, 10:36 PM

Get an above ground pool, they are very affordable and worse comes to worse it could be moved if they ever had to use the easement......which on the other side of never.

Andrew6
05-22-2010, 10:57 PM
Nice seeing David out there and the food was outstanding. I had a wonderful time Andrew even got a man's purse I was shocked but I'll let him post the story. I am the one who brought it for him. LOL. Thanks to Amy and Andrew for a wonderful day. You all missed a real blast.

Glad yall had a good time. We really enjoyed yall coming out. I dig the Man's Purse yall got me. I'll name it my Murse lol. (its a kick butt bamboo bag loaded with man stuff ie... grilling stuff). You'd think I was a shovel the way I was diggin it. :doot:

Andrew6
05-22-2010, 10:58 PM
Sorry I didn't make it out Andrew, but, didn't have any wheels. Stuck at home bored to tears having to eat left overs. YUK!!

Granny shoulda called us. We'd of come and scooped ya up. I still got a bunch of left overs if ya wanna stop by and have a sandwhich or something with us. :chef:

Andrew6
05-22-2010, 11:00 PM
Get an above ground pool, they are very affordable and worse comes to worse it could be moved if they ever had to use the easement......which on the other side of never.

we've given alot of thought to doing this but everytime we get close to pulling the trigger it's the thought of only getting your waist wet and not really being able to get the full use out of it. I figure we'll do a couple more years in the house and get it paid down pretty good with some decent equity and looke at either building a house or finding something with everything we want. Amy wants a 1 story, I like the 2 story cause she doesn't come upstairs into my Man Cave.

disaacks3
05-23-2010, 02:01 AM

who you telling. with the easement and then not being able to build with in 5 feet of your house I'd only be able to have a small lap pool .

Same with us...the back 12 feet is off limits and I'm not building a bird bath.

Hardcore Texan
05-23-2010, 12:03 PM
we've given alot of thought to doing this but everytime we get close to pulling the trigger it's the thought of only getting your waist wet and not really being able to get the full use out of it. I figure we'll do a couple more years in the house and get it paid down pretty good with some decent equity and looke at either building a house or finding something with everything we want. Amy wants a 1 story, I like the 2 story cause she doesn't come upstairs into my Man Cave.

I have an 18 foot round above ground pool. It's actually quite nice for a 1/10th of the price of an inground pool. And it comes up to my chest. I am 5'9", and it's 54 inches to the top, I fill it up to around 50-51. I didn't think I would like it as much as I do and thought the kids would be the biggest beneficiaries but it's a lot of fun. I just wish I would have went with the 21 ft model, but because I did follow the easement rules there wasn't as much room. I could have infringed the 3 extra feet towards my fence and pulled it off but oh well. We still love it.

Same with us...the back 12 feet is off limits and I'm not building a bird bath.

If you are talking about above ground pools than that's unfair, they are actually more fun than you might think and fyi you can build them with a deep part, they will dig out the middle, I think up to 7', it does effect the installation cost though.

TxDavid
05-23-2010, 12:29 PM
We had a great time and enjoyed visiting with everyone! Andrew all that grub was awesome! Amy's spinach dip was killer also - definitely need to bring that stuff to the tailgate!