PDA

View Full Version : QB Concerns

gary
05-15-2010, 03:42 PM
As you know Matt is the starting QB for the Texans. I do have a concern though and my worry is there is not any project QB onnn the roster. In fivre, six years from now Matt will be at the end of his career without taking a career ending injury into account before then. Are the Texans just going to trust Dan if Matt goes down for any certain amount time? They shouldn't. Dan may or may not be good but has yet to amount to a whole lot in the NFL thus far. I don't know about you but I would not put all my hope and faith in a guy who has not played well or been on the field thus far in his career. A turn around is not easy in pro sports. I think the Texans should draft a young gun QB for when Matt does retire or just in case something happen to him because you just never know. This is simply food for thought. The Texans do not have great QB depth by any means and it should be addressed.

JB
05-15-2010, 03:54 PM
As you know Matt is the starting QB for the Texans. I do have a concern though and my worry is there is not any project QB onnn the roster. In fivre, six years from now Matt will be at the end of his career without taking a career ending injury into account before then. Are the Texans just going to trust Dan if Matt goes down for any certain amount time? They shouldn't. Dan may or may not be good but has yet to amount to a whole lot in the NFL thus far. I don't know about you but I would not put all my hope and faith in a guy who has not played well or been on the field thus far in his career. A turn around is not easy in pro sports. I think the Texans should draft a young gun QB for when Matt does retire or just in case something happen to him because you just never know. This is simply food for thought. The Texans do not have great QB depth by any means and it should be addressed.

Are you forgetting Booty and Tyler Sheehan? I think they qualify as project QBs. Not to mention Orlovsky

gary
05-15-2010, 04:02 PM
Are you forgetting Booty and Tyle Sheehan? I think they qualify as project QBs. Not to mention OrlovskyTyle and Booty have been with the Texans for not too long so they do count. I am not a huge fan of Orlovsky though.

JB
05-15-2010, 04:09 PM
Tyle and Booty have been with the Texans for not too long so they do count. I am not a huge fan of Orlovsky though.

Tyler Sheehan just signed as an UDFA. He had a tremendous college career though and I tink he is a good project QB. Orlovsky has the skills if he can put it all together.

edit: You have to remember, it takes about 3 years to fully learn Kubes system. And he is an outstanding teacher

TexanSam
05-15-2010, 04:16 PM
I don't how many teams draft a QB to groom for 5 or 6 years to eventually take over as the starter. If a QB is on one team for that long, he's probably a career backup.

5 or 6 years is too far to think ahead in the NFL. Once a QB starts nearing the end, a good NFL team will draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round to groom for a year or two.

gary
05-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Tyler Sheehan just signed as an UDFA. He had a tremendous college career though and I tink he is a good project QB. Orlovsky has the skills if he can put it all together.

edit: You have to remember, it takes about 3 years to fully learn Kubes system. And he is an outstanding teacherThis is funny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slqImkuLVw8

Big Lou
05-15-2010, 04:20 PM
I wasn't suprised that no QB was taken this year. Although the regime isn't holding on thier nails, the need to win now. Since before this years draft my thought was they would take someone around the 3rd or 4th in the 2011 draft.

J_R
05-15-2010, 04:43 PM
A lot of teams have "QB concerns". If they're #1 went down, they're pretty much screwed.

Bears: Cutler, Brett Basanez, LeFevour
Bengals: Palmer, J.T. O'Sullivan, Jordan Palmer
Bills: Edwards, Brohm, Fitzpatrick
Broncos: Orton,Quinn,Tebow,Brandstater
Browns: Delhomme, Wallace, Ratliff, McCoy
Bucs: Josh Freeman, Josh Johnson, Rudy Carpenter, Jevan Snead
Cardinals: Leinart, Anderson
Chargers: Rivers, Volek, Crompton
Chiefs: Cassel, Croyle, Matt Gutierrez
Colts: Manning, Painter
Cowboys: Romo, Kitna, McGee
Dolphins: Henne, Pennington, Thigpen, White
Eagles: Kolb, Vick, Kafka
Falcons: Ryan, Redman, Shockley, Parker Wilson
49ers: Smith, Carr, Nate Davis
Giants: Manning, Jim Sorgi, Rhett Bomar
Jags: Garrard, McCown
Jets: Sanchez, Clemens, Ainge,Kevin O'Connell
Lions: Stafford, Stanton, Shaun Hill
Packers: Rodgers, Matt Flynn
Panthers: Moore, Clausen, Pike
Patriots: Brady, Hoyer, Zac Robinson
Raiders: Campbell, Boller, Frye, Gradkowksi
Rams: Bradford, Feely, Keith Null
Ravens: Flacco, Smith, John Beck
Redskins: McNabb, Grossman, Colt Brennan
Saints: Brees, Chase Daniel, Sean Canfield
Seahawks: Hasselback, Whitehurst
Steelers: Roethlisberger, Leftwich, Dixon, Batch
Texans: Schaub, Orlovsky, David Booty
Titans: Young, Collins, Simms
Vikings: Favre, Jackson, Rosenfels

gary
05-15-2010, 04:47 PM
So, basically backup QB is not too much of a matter in the NFL.

b0ng
05-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Man there are a lot of terrible back up QB's.

When was the last time a backup QB won the Superbowl? Tom Brady?

J_R
05-15-2010, 04:50 PM
Ehh I dont know. Some teams have what I considered capable #2s. Others dont for whatever reasons. Others dont even have a #1 at all, heh.

beerlover
05-15-2010, 04:50 PM
the Texans usually react the following year based on needs. this past year they discovered they needed to address RB early :thisbig: this year will depend on Schaubs health, if someone can't back him up the Texans will suffer & react next draft :specnatz:

gary
05-15-2010, 04:53 PM
the Texans usually react the following year based on needs. this past year they discovered they needed to address RB early :thisbig: this year will depend on Schaubs health, if someone can't back him up the Texans will suffer & react next draft :specnatz:I have noticed this.

b0ng
05-15-2010, 04:55 PM
Billy Volek and Chad Pennington. Anybody else that is not a #1 (and a few of the #1's heh heh heh) you're screwed if they have to start for a huge stretch of the season.

That is of course, just like, my opinion man.

rmartin65
05-15-2010, 04:56 PM
I could see the Texans drafting a QB next year, depending of course on the development of the Qbs already on the roster- Orlovsky, Booty, and Sheehan

J_R
05-15-2010, 04:58 PM
Orlovsky going into the 2nd year of a 3 year deal he signed. (3 years 9 mil).

They'll probably stick it out with him til that 3rd year.

gary
05-15-2010, 05:07 PM
Then he will go team hopping again.

Norg
05-15-2010, 06:32 PM
A future sceniro

Matt plays like 7 more years with 3 superbowl rings under his belt then suffers a injury on the 7th year buy thY time booty would be gone And dank would bee gone had well during the 4th year by this time we would have already snagged a young rookie qb prospect

gary
05-15-2010, 09:45 PM
A future sceniro

Matt plays like 7 more years with 3 superbowl rings under his belt then suffers a injury on the 7th year buy thY time booty would be gone And dank would bee gone had well during the 4th year by this time we would have already snagged a young rookie qb prospectI hope you are right.

Pollardized
05-15-2010, 10:56 PM
A lot of teams have "QB concerns". If they're #1 went down, they're pretty much screwed.

Well, not every team would be screwed. The Vikes have this amazing athlete:

http://sagerundown.com/wp/wp-content/gallery/pics/610x.jpg

JB
05-15-2010, 11:00 PM

Ha! I knew that would pop up again!

thunderkyss
05-15-2010, 11:12 PM
I think the Texans have done a good job of going through developmental QBs. 2006, we started a project for most of the year, and had a project serving as his back-up. Then we got Schaub, and took that kid who was on the cover of NCAA football game from Boise state. Then we had Alex Brink, and Orlovsky, and Grossman, now we've got Booty & another UDFA. I think that is the right way to go about it, unless you know you need a QB now. Like Farve retiring, or McNabb getting a little too big for his britches. If any of these guys had proven special, I'm sure we would have kept him, and promoted him to the primary back-up spot. But they haven't, and I don't think that's a big deal.

While Orlovsky isn't Peyton Manning, we could have done worse. He played on a bad team, then came here. I don't think he's been "team hopping." I also believe a guy like Orlovsky can get the job done in Kubiak's system, if we get the running game where it is supposed to be, so I'm not too worried about Schaub missing a few games.

& If something major were to happen to Schaub, Orlovsky would only be a placeholder, until we find that special guy, or he proves he is that guy. I think that's the way you do it, when you know who your guy is.

beerlover
05-16-2010, 01:39 AM
I think the Texans have done a good job of going through developmental QBs. 2006, we started a project for most of the year, and had a project serving as his back-up. Then we got Schaub, and took that kid who was on the cover of NCAA football game from Boise state. Then we had Alex Brink, and Orlovsky, and Grossman, now we've got Booty & another UDFA. I think that is the right way to go about it, unless you know you need a QB now. Like Farve retiring, or McNabb getting a little too big for his britches. If any of these guys had proven special, I'm sure we would have kept him, and promoted him to the primary back-up spot. But they haven't, and I don't think that's a big deal.

While Orlovsky isn't Peyton Manning, we could have done worse. He played on a bad team, then came here. I don't think he's been "team hopping." I also believe a guy like Orlovsky can get the job done in Kubiak's system, if we get the running game where it is supposed to be, so I'm not too worried about Schaub missing a few games.

& If something major were to happen to Schaub, Orlovsky would only be a placeholder, until we find that special guy, or he proves he is that guy. I think that's the way you do it, when you know who your guy is.

Given that Texans HC is considered somewhat of a QB guru I think he could do better moving forward. Schaub is his centerpiece but after that I doubt anyone is comfortable, at least with Sage Texans had some reliablity.

If Schaub gets hurt are we really good with Orlovsky? last draft was a weak QB class, but next year looks promising, really like Andrew Luck, Stanford but he is a top 5 talent. maybe a 2nd or 3rd would be in order, going to keep my eye on Wisconsin, Scott Tolzien, productive pro-style QB who is going to be a four year starter & we know how the Texans like those Badger TE's :clap:

mexican_texan
05-16-2010, 02:09 AM
I don't know what's up with DanO. He threw some beautiful passes in a Detroit uniform, but so far he's been very underwhelming in Houston.

Does Colorado State have a good QB now, or are we going to wait for an incoming freshman to come out?

Scooter
05-16-2010, 05:52 AM
i'm comfortable with outaboundsky. dude's got great touch, decent accuracy, a fairly quick read, and all the physical tools - everything we'd look for in a draft pick to mold behind schaub. we also have easily the most quarterback-minded head coach in football, as well as the most capable of developing that talent - it's almost insane to discount kubiak's judgment in that area. unlike carr who was forced upon kubiak, outaboundsky is many of those traits but someone kubiak felt he could develope into the sole backup - not quickly (obvious by grossman), but with a season of training.

i also think dan is that intermediate you're referring to gary, someone who can step in if there's a grey area between schaub's decline and our next starter's coming of age. i think this is why dan's being paid so well ... he may never see a snap but he's being paid to be the most capable insurance policy we can have over potentially a very extended time. especially since kubiak would prefer to only carry 2 quarterbacks (a selling point since there isnt a single orlovsky injury on wiki).

i also think it's a bit premature to categorize him since we have no idea what he's capable of under kubiak - the only thing we've directly seen is his first preseason.

Malloy
05-16-2010, 06:52 AM

How the hell did he get that high up? That play still amazes me in so many ways... most if not all are negative :)

infantrycak
05-16-2010, 09:34 AM
How the hell did he get that high up? That play still amazes me in so many ways... most if not all are negative :)

Yup the going up was amazing. Unfortunately what goes up must come down and the down sucked.

thunderkyss
05-16-2010, 04:26 PM
we also have easily the most quarterback-minded head coach in football, as well as the most capable of developing that talent - it's almost insane to discount kubiak's judgment in that area.

I'm a fan, so don't take this the wrong way. I am concerned a little, about his ability.. He's had several QBs come through here, and I wouldn't call any of them "developed."

I think it is more likely that Kubiak is confident in his system than he is good at developing QBs. We've seen that system make mediocre QBs look good. Then you take a special guy like Schaub (& I'll agree there has been some development.) and it looks like, "wow Kubiak is great at developing QBs."

unlike carr who was forced upon kubiak, outaboundsky is many of those traits but someone kubiak felt he could develope into the sole backup - not quickly (obvious by grossman), but with a season of training.

I don't think Grossman being the primary #2 should cast Orlovsky in a bad light. We had already paid DanO to be our back up for three years. Like him or not, Grossman has that certain something that makes him special, that something beyond talent. He took a chance.

Rey
05-16-2010, 04:57 PM
I'm a fan, so don't take this the wrong way. I am concerned a little, about his ability.. He's had several QBs come through here, and I wouldn't call any of them "developed."

I think it is more likely that Kubiak is confident in his system than he is good at developing QBs. We've seen that system make mediocre QBs look good. Then you take a special guy like Schaub (& I'll agree there has been some development.) and it looks like, "wow Kubiak is great at developing QBs."

Would you not say that Rosenfels was a better player when he left vs. when he came?

I dunno, but I tend to lean more towards him being better.

Also, I think that Kubiak developed some of the later round guys/FA's that came in, but at what price do you hold on to those guys?

They only have so many years of PS eligibility.

Fox
05-16-2010, 05:21 PM
Prior to the draft I had an inkling that they might take a project QB somewhere from the 3rd-5th round. Obviously that didn't pan, I think the QB position is just taking a back seat at this point with so many other needs, as well as Schaub coming off a pro-bowl season (and MVP). I give Kubiak a pass on the Carr experiment because I think his readiness to hitch his wagon to DC helped him get the gig. With that in mind I've been pretty impressed with Kubiak's eye for talent. Schaub was a risky move but has turned into a good pro, and Rosenfels made a more than serviceable back up. That track record gives me faith that Orlovsky can make a decent 2nd guy for us (or rather, Kubiak and his system can make him play up to that status), but when he got his chance during the preseason last year I definitely wasn't overly impressed. Even if Orlovsky shows great progression this year I'd like to see us take a project QB with a real shot at success next year in the draft, particularly if Schaub gets bit by the injury bug again this season.

Pollardized
05-16-2010, 07:11 PM

In hindsight, I guess being that high up (and the subsequent fall) was still better than this all too familiar position:

http://blog.kir.com/archives/David%20Carr%20grimacing3.jpg

Scooter
05-16-2010, 08:23 PM

i know what you mean, but i dont think camp bodies like the kid from texas tech, john david booty, or rex grossman and similar qb's really count towards that total. i'm sure some exploratory work was done to guage their potential with training, but i doubt any real focus was put on those guys. the only players we've really spent time working with are carr, schaub, rosenfels, and now orlovsky. carr i think many will agree was a lost cause, forced upon kubiak when he signed. schaub's been magnificent and other than a couple "wtf?" moments sage left here looking like he was legitimately ready to compete for a starting job on several teams. orlovsky's next in that line, but we wont know for a couple more months at what rate (if any) he's progressing at ... my guess is he's getting a lot of attention from kubiak and we'll be pleased with the results.

thunderkyss
05-16-2010, 08:31 PM
Would you not say that Rosenfels was a better player when he left vs. when he came?

I dunno, but I tend to lean more towards him being better.

I think the perception of Rosenfels was better. Like Orton in Denver. Do you think he's been "developed" or that he fits better in that system?

Also, I think that Kubiak developed some of the later round guys/FA's that came in, but at what price do you hold on to those guys?

They only have so many years of PS eligibility.

I would think if he was doing a good job developing QBs, we wouldn't be paying $3 million for a back-up QB.

2slik4u
05-16-2010, 09:05 PM
I don't how many teams draft a QB to groom for 5 or 6 years to eventually take over as the starter. If a QB is on one team for that long, he's probably a career backup.

5 or 6 years is too far to think ahead in the NFL. Once a QB starts nearing the end, a good NFL team will draft a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round to groom for a year or two.

Agreed and Schaub is no where near the end of his career. He is just entering his prime. When you lead the league in passing, the quote "QB concerns" should be non exsistent.

ATXtexanfan
05-16-2010, 10:00 PM
too early about the next qb, dan o will suprise after a year in the system if needed

Lucky
05-16-2010, 10:32 PM
I don't think Grossman being the primary #2 should cast Orlovsky in a bad light. We had already paid DanO to be our back up for three years. Like him or not, Grossman has that certain something that makes him special, that something beyond talent. He took a chance.
The only thing "special" about Grossman is that he's better than Orlovsky. The league said as much, when Grossman received the vet minimum to backup in Washington. Orlovsky was handed the backup job and a fat (for a backup) contract. And he couldn't hold the job. If that's not a red flag, I don't know what is.

otisbean
05-17-2010, 08:53 AM
We could sign this guy if needed:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHU1i-J5IzA&feature=related

He could throw a pigskin a quarter mile back in '82

gary
05-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Why don't I feel as bad about the QB's as I did when I started this thread?

Texan_Bill
05-18-2010, 09:18 PM

Sam, I think you're spot on here. I see Schaub (28 y/o about to be 29) being effective until he's 33-36(ish).

gary
05-18-2010, 09:21 PM
Sam, I think you're spot on here. I see Schaub (28 y/o about to be 29) being effective until he's 33-36(ish).
That makes sence to me.

Rey
05-18-2010, 09:36 PM
I would think if he was doing a good job developing QBs, we wouldn't be paying $3 million for a back-up QB.

Maybe that was just a bad signing.

I would also throw Matt Schaub in a s being a QB that Kubiak has developed

thunderkyss
05-18-2010, 09:48 PM
Maybe that was just a bad signing.

I would also throw Matt Schaub in a s being a QB that Kubiak has developed

In what ways is Schaub better than when he got here? So far, everything we've seen is what we were told he was going to bring.

Texan_Bill
05-18-2010, 09:49 PM

Dude has some hops! :shades:

infantrycak
05-19-2010, 10:16 AM
In what ways is Schaub better than when he got here? So far, everything we've seen is what we were told he was going to bring.

What we've watched is him becoming the QB he had the potential to be. Kubiak brought that out of him.

Prior to getting here he was a 6 TD, 6 Int, 72 QB rating guy with potential.

That potential has become 29 TDs, 15 Ints and a 98.6 QB rating.

BullNation4Life
05-19-2010, 10:22 AM

Bears: Cutler, Brett Basanez, LeFevour
Bengals: Palmer, J.T. O'Sullivan, Jordan Palmer
Bills: Edwards, Brohm, Fitzpatrick
Broncos: Orton,Quinn,Tebow,Brandstater
Browns: Delhomme, Wallace, Ratliff, McCoy
Bucs: Josh Freeman, Josh Johnson, Rudy Carpenter, Jevan Snead
Cardinals: Leinart, Anderson
Chargers: Rivers, Volek, Crompton
Chiefs: Cassel, Croyle, Matt Gutierrez
Colts: Manning, Painter
Cowboys: Romo, Kitna, McGee
Dolphins: Henne, Pennington, Thigpen, White
Eagles: Kolb, Vick, Kafka
Falcons: Ryan, Redman, Shockley, Parker Wilson
49ers: Smith, Carr, Nate Davis
Giants: Manning, Jim Sorgi, Rhett Bomar
Jags: Garrard, McCown
Jets: Sanchez, Clemens, Ainge,Kevin O'Connell
Lions: Stafford, Stanton, Shaun Hill
Packers: Rodgers, Matt Flynn
Panthers: Moore, Clausen, Pike
Patriots: Brady, Hoyer, Zac Robinson
Raiders: Campbell, Boller, Frye, Gradkowksi
Rams: Bradford, Feely, Keith Null
Ravens: Flacco, Smith, John Beck
Redskins: McNabb, Grossman, Colt Brennan
Saints: Brees, Chase Daniel, Sean Canfield
Seahawks: Hasselback, Whitehurst
Steelers: Roethlisberger, Leftwich, Dixon, Batch
Texans: Schaub, Orlovsky, David Booty
Titans: Young, Collins, Simms
Vikings: Favre, Jackson, Rosenfels

Hell, half of these teams have problems with their starting QBs, much less their backups...

BIG TORO
05-19-2010, 10:31 AM
Here we go Gary we signed a UFA QB:

Rutgers fullback Jack Corcoran,
Arkansas wide receiver London Crawford,
Northwestern State Isaiah Greenhouse,
Temple lineman Steve Maneri,
Concordia offensive guard Kristian Matte,
Indiana linebacker Will Patterson,
Colorado State offensive tackle Cole Pemberton,
Indiana safety Nicholas Polk,
Bowling Green quarterback Tyler Sheehan,
Arkansas defensive tackle Malcolm Sheppard,
Arizona State cornerback Pierre Singleton,
Iowa wide receiver Trey Stross,
Texas offensive tackle Adam Ulatoski,
Wyoming defensive end Will Unrein,
Cincinnati safety Aaron Webster
Purdue safety Torri Williams

badboy
05-19-2010, 05:17 PM
Something to keep in mind, if Tate and Foster turn out to be as good as we hope and if Schaub goes down, Orslovsky should be able to hand the ball off if nothing else.

gary
05-19-2010, 10:00 PM
Hell, half of these teams have problems with their starting QBs, much less their backups...Quite a few of the names you highlighted have not even played and have proven they have the talent to do so. Kolb has a nice arm and skill set. Moore is not too bad either ect.

b0ng
05-20-2010, 03:15 PM
Quite a few of the names you highlighted have not even played and have proven they have the talent to do so. Kolb has a nice arm and skill set. Moore is not too bad either ect.

I see Kolb as being iffy. I don't like how many INT's he throws and Philly has long relied on McNabb not being INT prone. I really think that if Kolb comes out and throws a lot of picks in comparison to what McNabb did, that team as a whole could really really suffer.

BullNation4Life
05-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Quite a few of the names you highlighted have not even played and have proven they have the talent to do so. Kolb has a nice arm and skill set. Moore is not too bad either ect.

all the more reason their team is in trouble. David Carr had talent, but couldn't handle the position. Kolb is as unproven as Schaub was when the Texans traded for him. Moore has had a handful of games...

TexanBacker93
05-20-2010, 04:13 PM

Especially considering he didn't see much time his first years in Atlanta. He should be able to play for many more years. I don't see QB as a pressing issue. If he goes down the Texans are in trouble could also be said for Andre Johnson or Mario Williams or DeMeco Ryans. Should we draft high quality backups for each star player just in case they get hurt? I'd rather keep a journeyman as the backup QB that you can trust to manage the game.

gary
05-20-2010, 07:13 PM
all the more reason their team is in trouble. David Carr had talent, but couldn't handle the position. Kolb is as unproven as Schaub was when the Texans traded for him. Moore has had a handful of games...If Kolb gets the INT thing down pat then I think he'll be good and Moore gave the Panthers hope. As with anything only time will tell if they really are starters or career backups. That is a fact.

CloakNNNdagger
05-20-2010, 09:18 PM

That depends what the meaning of "ish" ish.:)

Texan_Bill
05-20-2010, 09:36 PM
That depends what the meaning of "ish" ish.:)

Well Doc, for example, I'm 40(ish) :D

JB
05-20-2010, 09:38 PM
Well Doc, for example, I'm 40(ish) :D

And Thorn could either be 50(ish) or 60(ish)

:hides:

Texan_Bill
05-20-2010, 09:43 PM
And Thorn could either be 50(ish) or 60(ish)

:hides:

I'm going with option "B", 60(ish)....

Also :hides:

Giant Tiger
05-20-2010, 10:12 PM
I wondered what happened to John Beck. I thought we'd go after him when the Dolphins released him.

CloakNNNdagger
05-20-2010, 10:38 PM
I wondered what happened to John Beck. I thought we'd go after him when the Dolphins released him.

Wasn't he picked up by the Ravens?

painekiller
05-21-2010, 02:21 AM
I don't know what's up with DanO. He threw some beautiful passes in a Detroit uniform, but so far he's been very underwhelming in Houston.

Does Colorado State have a good QB now, or are we going to wait for an incoming freshman to come out?

They have a guy named Kubiak playing QB, but he was hurt all of last year so it's hard to tell if he is any good yet.

I like the kid from A&M, Jerrod Johnson. He has the size, a huge arm, maybe a little slow on the delivery, but a solid future pick.

thunderkyss
05-21-2010, 02:58 AM
I like the kid from A&M, Jerrod Johnson. He has the size, a huge arm, maybe a little slow on the delivery, but a solid future pick.

I am unequivocally a state of Texas Homer. So this kid being from A&M may slant my perspective somewhat. But that kid is exciting to watch and I plan on watching a lot of A&M football in the upcoming season because of it. texanpride

Giant Tiger
05-21-2010, 01:31 PM
Wasn't he picked up by the Ravens?

Yeah; but why did they get him? Did they beat us to him, or was Smithiak not interested?

b0ng
05-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Yeah; but why did they get him? Did they beat us to him, or was Smithiak not interested?

The guy was pretty close to 30 as it was when he was on the Dolphins. I'm not sure that's what Kubiak was looking for.

BullNation4Life
05-21-2010, 02:49 PM
If Kolb gets the INT thing down pat then I think he'll be good and Moore gave the Panthers hope. As with anything only time will tell if they really are starters or career backups. That is a fact.

True. Man even the Raiders looked like a different team with the "G" man QBing but now they go with Campbell

b0ng
05-21-2010, 02:51 PM
You know what team has QB concerns?

Tenneessee. Yeah I said it.

BullNation4Life
05-21-2010, 02:59 PM

how could you say that about the beloved VY?

http://media.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/raiders/vince-young-shirtless.jpg

:whip::whip::whip::whip:

gary
05-21-2010, 04:52 PM
True. Man even the Raiders looked like a different team with the "G" man QBing but now they go with CampbellIf they go to a different team and still are not good then it is on them but sometimes going to a different team does help out a lot.

GuerillaBlack
05-21-2010, 05:30 PM

I think Young actually figured it out. I don't think the Titans are going to have QB problems, so long as Young's head is on straight.

gary
05-21-2010, 06:04 PM
I think Young actually figured it out. I don't think the Titans are going to have QB problems, so long as Young's head is on straight.Will he ever be Manning? No, but he did help the Titains to finsh 8-2 last season and saved Fisher's job.

gary
05-21-2010, 09:17 PM

Tenneessee. Yeah I said it.Not as much as they had before.