PDA

View Full Version : Who is the Chris Myers hater?

Yankee_In_TX
05-14-2010, 09:59 AM
They were talking about this guy on 610 - supposedly a regular radio caller and board poster? Never heard of him? They called him 'Matt?'

JB
05-14-2010, 10:06 AM
They were talking about this guy on 610 - supposedly a regular radio caller and board poster? Never heard of him? They called him 'Matt?'

Didn't hear it, but there are a lot of Myers haters around...

Texan_Bill
05-14-2010, 10:10 AM
Why would anyone have a beef with Chris Myers???

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii219/losloseeboy/jetex.gif

GP
05-14-2010, 10:11 AM
Didn't hear it, but there are a lot of Myers haters around...

Lump me in with the Hater crowd.

The guy is out-classed in the league, IMO. Reminds me of the T-Rex in the Toy Story movies, short-arming his blocks.

Blake
05-14-2010, 10:12 AM
Just in case someone posts the video of Myers getting blown up by Jenkins, here is a similar video of Mawae getting blown up by Jenkins as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjjfuUDDDJA&NR=1

chicagotexan2
05-14-2010, 10:14 AM
Why would anyone have a beef with Chris Myers???

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii219/losloseeboy/jetex.gif

holy sheesh that is still hard to watch. I'm not Matt, but I wouldn't mind seeing a replacement at center.

GP
05-14-2010, 10:16 AM
Just in case someone posts the video of Myers getting blown up by Jenkins, here is a similar video of Mawae getting blown up by Jenkins as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjjfuUDDDJA&NR=1

It wasn't just that instance.

There was a 4th down play at Reliant where we were at the opponent's 30 or so, and Myers blows a block (tried to start a double-team with our LG, then missed the guy coming right up the middle) and the pressure makes Schaub throw it early. Game over.

He can't handle it. It's not even up for debate, to be honest. It's just right there under everybody's nose. But, hey...Kubiak grabbed him from Denver so that makes his actual play on the field a non-issue. Coach likes him, end of story.

drs23
05-14-2010, 10:16 AM
Jenkins is just one bad dude. Who DOES block him?

Blake
05-14-2010, 10:20 AM
Jenkins is just one bad dude. Who DOES block him?

Cholesterol and gravity.

SheTexan
05-14-2010, 10:22 AM
I'm not a Myers hater, I just don't think he's very smart. Makes to many mental mistakes. JMO!

Blake
05-14-2010, 10:23 AM
It wasn't just that instance.

There was a 4th down play at Reliant where we were at the opponent's 30 or so, and Myers blows a block (tried to start a double-team with our LG, then missed the guy coming right up the middle) and the pressure makes Schaub throw it early. Game over.

He can't handle it. It's not even up for debate, to be honest. It's just right there under everybody's nose. But, hey...Kubiak grabbed him from Denver so that makes his actual play on the field a non-issue. Coach likes him, end of story.

All I am saying is that Kevin Mawae, a guy who some on this board think is a quality center, got blown up by Jenkins as well. Not saying Myers is a quality center, but that Kris Jenkins is a beast who was capable of blowing alot of linemen off the ball.

End of Story.

MightyTExan
05-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Fills me with rage at how much better Schaub could be if he could step-up in the pocket.

GP
05-14-2010, 10:43 AM
All I am saying is that Kevin Mawae, a guy who some on this board think is a quality center, got blown up by Jenkins as well. Not saying Myers is a quality center, but that Kris Jenkins is a beast who was capable of blowing alot of linemen off the ball.

End of Story.

Yeah, expand your boundaries a bit. Gotta' get past the Kris Jenkins scenario.

Let's just make a combined effort to spotlight the guy this season and compare notes on how he does each game.

76Texan
05-14-2010, 10:52 AM
Overall, for the whole season, Myers played well.
In fact, his play might have been the best of all the O-linemen.
Looks like the Texans would have to rebuild the whole line to become a play-off contender! (sarcasm emoticon).

Blake
05-14-2010, 10:54 AM
Yeah, expand your boundaries a bit. Gotta' get past the Kris Jenkins scenario.

Let's just make a combined effort to spotlight the guy this season and compare notes on how he does each game.

I hear what you are saying. And I agree with you GP. Both of us are not Chris Myers fans. I was just posting specifically in response to the Chris Myers/Kris Jenkins video that I knew would be posted. Thanks Texan Bill. :P

And I think both you and I will be back here each Sunday bitching about how bad Chris Myers played.

J. Sean Wonton
05-14-2010, 11:01 AM
It may be obvious to you guys, but Jenkins gets Myers to put all of his weight on his left leg and pushes him over. It seems like a simple trick/mistake, but I guess it's happening at a high speed.

BigBull17
05-14-2010, 11:15 AM
I love how Slaton stepped over to help and then thought better of that idea. Kinda funny.

Yankee_In_TX
05-14-2010, 11:17 AM
Seriously, Chris and the 610 morning hosts said this guy FB's Chris, posts on boards, calls the shows a lot - but I've never heard of a specific Chris Myers hater?

And he admitted he got 'clubbed' by Jenkins.

JB
05-14-2010, 11:20 AM
Seriously, Chris and the 610 morning hosts said this guy FB's Chris, posts on boards, calls the shows a lot - but I've never heard of a specific Chris Myers hater?

Did they say he was on TT.com or just on the boards? Maybe he is on HT.com mb

GP
05-14-2010, 11:25 AM
I hear what you are saying. And I agree with you GP. Both of us are not Chris Myers fans. I was just posting specifically in response to the Chris Myers/Kris Jenkins video that I knew would be posted. Thanks Texan Bill. :P

And I think both you and I will be back here each Sunday bitching about how bad Chris Myers played.

Myers is 6-ft.-4-in and 295 lbs, and Jenkins makes him look the size of Slaton.

Myers doesn't look a 295-lb. guy to me. And he's got decent height, too. Whoever said his footwork is bad, I think they nailed it.

76Texan
05-14-2010, 12:12 PM
How in the world does a guy with bad footwork block three guys on one play, what I want to know!

HOU-TEX
05-14-2010, 01:42 PM
How in the world does a guy with bad footwork block three guys on one play, what I want to know!

By accident?

chicagotexan2
05-14-2010, 01:45 PM

Chris Meyers got clubbed like a baby seal.

http://chicago.indymedia.org/usermedia/image/10/large/seal_clubbing_.jpg

http://www.sysexrecords.com/oldsite/teeshirthell/StopClubbingBabySeals.gif

http://media.photobucket.com/image/clubbing%20baby%20seal/sublim3170/club_baby_seals.jpg

GP
05-14-2010, 02:57 PM
Dude, did someone photoshop Schaub's face into that seal clubbing photo?

It is scary how much that likes like Schaub's face.

drewmar74
05-14-2010, 03:17 PM

Hmmmmm.....

Is that part of the new S&C regimen for the Texans?

chicagotexan2
05-14-2010, 03:28 PM

Actually the pic that didn't appear is a pic of a seal with Seals (the scarfaced singer) face photoshopped on it. I thought it was funny.

DexmanC
05-14-2010, 04:43 PM
I seem to remember a play two years ago, when Casey Hampton
picked up Myers, and threw him INTO Slaton near the 15-yardline.

PapaL
05-14-2010, 05:00 PM
I bet it's Matt Schaub.

PapaL
05-15-2010, 01:27 AM
Bueller...Bueller...Bueller...

thunderkyss
05-15-2010, 01:34 AM
Overall, for the whole season, Myers played well.
In fact, his play might have been the best of all the O-linemen.
Looks like the Texans would have to rebuild the whole line to become a play-off contender! (sarcasm emoticon).

I completely agree. I think people who hate on Myers has no idea what Kubiak wants from a center. I think, if you think about what Kubiak wants, and watch Myers... he is easily the best we got.

People want to say Pitts was our best, I think because Pitts was good at doing what most people think a LG should do. Again, if you think about what Kubiak wants his LG to do, it was time for Pitts to move on.

thunderkyss
05-15-2010, 01:52 AM

do you remember how many snaps they took in that game? Hampton & Myers?

Second Honeymoon
05-15-2010, 08:29 AM

End of Story.

no. all you are saying is 'excuse excuse'. par for the course round these parts.

Myers sucks. Period.

Maddict5
05-15-2010, 11:31 AM
im in the club that myers is a decent center that due to his size will sometimes have highlight reel bad plays especially against monster NT's (which the disparagers will point to as unequivical proof that 'he sux') but the majority of the time will do just fine & have his own occassional highlight play like in miami(?) when he blocked 3 guys on one play

steelbtexan
05-15-2010, 07:22 PM
Myers is a decent C.

But if winning a championship is your goal then, you will never win one with Myers as your starting C.

Myers is a backup on a playoff quality starting OL.

JB
05-15-2010, 07:32 PM
Meyers is an average center on an average OL. With a couple of Pro Bowlers on the line with him, he would look very good indeed. With a couple of backups next to him, as in 2009, he will look below average. the phrase "No man is an island" is never more true than in the NFL trenches.

JayCee
05-16-2010, 01:22 AM
according to profootballfocus.com - he's the 8th best centre in the league :)
http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=C&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=0&numgames=1

i found this as there is an article on pft talking about how bad Mawae - he's ranked 30th.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/15/perhaps-the-real-reason-no-one-wants-mawae/

great example of how these stats are pointless - Jamaal Charles is rated above Chris Johnson http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=HB&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

76Texan
05-16-2010, 03:26 AM

Good call, it was a loss of 2 yds.
But then on the next play we lost 3 yds, whose fault was that?

76Texan
05-16-2010, 03:37 AM
Good call, it was a loss of 2 yds.
But then on the next play we lost 3 yds, whose fault was that?

And the play after that, on third down and long, even though MS didn't have a lot of pressure (per the announcer), who was it that made it a little iffy for Mattie?

And what about all the other plays in the game?

You guys are putting all the chips on one pair of shoulder, and it dosen't conjugate for me, sorry!