PDA

View Full Version : Bubba's - this Sunday! TexansTalk Meetup.

Texan_Bill
05-12-2010, 09:47 PM
A few TexansTalk member are trying to get a bunch of folks to meet up at Bubbas this Sunday. Sure, it's late notice, but what the hell? Knock your chores out on Saturday so that you can swing by on Sunday (noonish). This is not organized with Bubbas, in fact they have no idea we're coming.

I'll post more details as I get 'em.

Honoring Earl 34
05-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Will there be prizes ? :bubbles:

GlassHalfFull
05-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Are girls allowed?

JB
05-12-2010, 09:55 PM
Will there be prizes ? :bubbles:

Yep...

You will get to meet me! :tiphat:

Texan_Bill
05-12-2010, 10:02 PM
Are girls allowed?

Yes!!! I fully expect you and Dave to be there!!

*EDIT*

In no way was I implying Dave was one of the girls.

brakos82
05-12-2010, 10:29 PM
:facepalm: Dave!

Texan_Bill
05-12-2010, 10:32 PM
:facepalm: Dave!

:mcnugget:

:facepalm: Brakos!!

brakos82
05-12-2010, 10:36 PM
:lol:

:facepalm: Bill!

Texan_Bill
05-12-2010, 10:44 PM
:lol:

:facepalm: Bill!

This is for Blue Crew members that would like to meet up on Sunday with TexansTalk members that aren't necessarily Blue Crew or Bull Pen members...

Back-off Brakos, unless you plan on attending.. :D

JB
05-12-2010, 10:46 PM

This is for Blue Crew members that would like to meet up on Sunday TexansTalk members that aren't necessarily Blue Crew or Bull Pen members...

Back-off Brakos, unless you plan on attending.. :D

Love to see Brakos there... but come on! Do really expect him to leave the fine atmosphere of a Pasadena Sunday to meetup with some fellow degenerates?

Texan_Bill
05-12-2010, 10:59 PM
Love to see Brakos there... but come on! Do really expect him to leave the fine atmosphere of a Pasadena Sunday to meetup with some fellow degenerates?

Right! My bad. Who would wanna leave Pasa "get down" Dena for us low-lifes... Except of course Gma, if she ain't working.

JB
05-12-2010, 11:12 PM
Right! My bad. Who would wanna leave Pasa "get down" Dena for us low-lifes... Except of course Gma, if she ain't working.

Gads, I used to have, err, I mean get to do contract work at Simpson paper, and even (got?) to live in Pasadena for a while before I graduated to Deer Park for a couple of years.

BigWig
05-13-2010, 08:47 AM

When I lived in Htown we used to call it "Stink a Dena"!
Did they clean it up or what?

Texan_Bill
05-13-2010, 09:02 AM
When I lived in Htown we used to call it "Stink a Dena"!
Did they clean it up or what?

No it's still Stinkadena!!

I think it was Moby or someone back in the day that used to refer to it as Pasa get-down Dena...

JB
05-13-2010, 09:09 AM

I think it was Moby or someone back in the day that used to refer to it as Pasa get-down Dena...

The people that live there call it Pasa- get down- dena.

Everyone else calls it Stinkadena

BIG TORO
05-13-2010, 09:38 AM
Yall will be in the presence of Big Toro!

JB
05-13-2010, 09:45 AM
Yall will be in the presence of Big Toro!

And you should be flattered...

gary
05-13-2010, 09:45 AM
I'll be there.

BIG TORO
05-13-2010, 09:47 AM
And you should be flattered...

lol, I will be Ive been wanting to meet some of you guys!

hobie
05-13-2010, 09:48 AM
TB- :hobie:

JB
05-13-2010, 09:48 AM
I'll be there.

Thats fantastic Gary! I am looking forward to meeting you.

JB
05-13-2010, 09:51 AM
lol, I will be Ive been wanting to meet some of you guys!

Yep, same here. It will be nice to put faces to names...

Dr2bKay
05-13-2010, 11:43 AM
I hope to make an appearance.

Joe Texan
05-13-2010, 10:57 PM
I will be driving not telling what I am driving but I will be driving
and I am not :clown:ing around

SheTexan
05-14-2010, 12:23 AM

Working Sat night BUT, not Sunday, so GMA, who lives in Pasa"getdown" dena, AKA "Stinkadena" will be there!!! Can't wait to see MY BC low-lifes, and some other TT low-lifes!!!!:)

BTW: Pasadena, this day and age, is called the HELLHOLE!!!:shetexan:

NitroGSXR
05-14-2010, 02:44 AM
Hey! Leave Pasadena alone. Those are my old stomping grounds.

Tedc
05-14-2010, 07:11 AM
I think I may stop by.....if you guys will have me.

BIG TORO
05-14-2010, 07:47 AM
I think I may stop by.....if you guys will have me.

Awesome!

HOU-TEX
05-14-2010, 09:43 AM
Dadgum, too bad it can't be on Saturday instead. Sunday I'm working a charity event for a HS buddy that has stage 4 cancer. Oh well, maybe next time.

JB
05-14-2010, 10:04 AM
Sorry to hear that Hou-Tex, maybe next time. Prayers for your buddy.

Double Barrel
05-14-2010, 04:30 PM
Sounds like fun! I'd love to be there, but I've got plans to shoot people with little balls of paint....and trying to avoid being shot by little balls of paint! (hey, just noticed that you can't spell "paint" without "pain"! :D)

Texan_Bill
05-14-2010, 11:47 PM
Sounds like fun! I'd love to be there, but I've got plans to shoot people with little balls of paint....and trying to avoid being shot by little balls of paint! (hey, just noticed that you can't spell "paint" without "pain"! :D)

DB, have an awesome time, bro... Shootin' the sh*t outta each other???

Full on fun!!! :thumbup

ledzeppelin229
05-15-2010, 02:07 AM
I'm floating the river on Sunday with a few friends, leaving for Spring on Monday. I'll make the next one though!

False Start
05-15-2010, 08:51 AM
BTW: Pasadena, this day and age, is called the HELLHOLE!!!:shetexan:

Some call it El Pasadena. ;)

JB
05-15-2010, 11:45 PM
So, is all the Blue Crew gonna make it?

Lauren
05-15-2010, 11:49 PM
We are gonna try...

Not sure how Princess is going to feel in the morning.

JB
05-15-2010, 11:54 PM
We are gonna try...

Not sure how Princess is going to feel in the morning.

Like a Queen I am sure...

Lauren
05-15-2010, 11:56 PM
He passed out early enough, so he has to be OK in the AM...amirite?

JB
05-16-2010, 12:02 AM
He passed out early enough, so he has to be OK in the AM...amirite?

Yep! U rite. Wether he likes it or not...

Texan_Bill
05-16-2010, 01:04 AM
Yep! U rite. Wether he likes it or not...

WOW, I'm not sure Ima make it, now......... :zzz:

JB
05-16-2010, 01:08 AM
WOW, I'm not sure Ima make it, now......... :zzz:

:foottap:

Texan_Bill
05-16-2010, 01:41 AM
:foottap:

No seriously, I think I may be a Puh Ce...... :specnatz:

JB
05-16-2010, 01:51 AM
No seriously, I think I may be a Puh Ce...... :specnatz:

No Dude! Don't even go there! If you ain't gonna make it, then neither are we. You and Thorn put this whole shebang together, so you gotta show.

Texan_Bill
05-16-2010, 01:54 AM
No Dude! Don't even go there! If you ain't gonna make it, then neither are we. You and Thorn put this whole shebang together, so you gotta show.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?? What??!??!!!! How was I party to putting this thing together. I merely suggested that I may take part...

JB
05-16-2010, 02:01 AM
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?? What??!??!!!! How was I party to putting this thing together. I merely suggested that I may take part...

Dude, your immense influence is now so immensly powerful that a mere suggestion from the great TexanBill is now enough to sway the masses into following a total new doctrine of drinkability. Do not take yourself lightly my friend. You may just be the 2nd most interesting man in the world....if anybody cared.

Shit I'm pretty drunk, but I think I'm kidding? :thinking:

brakos82
05-16-2010, 03:42 AM
Dude, your immense influence is now so immensly powerful that a mere suggestion from the great TexanBill is now enough to sway the masses into following a total new doctrine of drinkability. Do not take yourself lightly my friend. You may just be the 2nd most interesting man in the world....if anybody cared.

Shit I'm pretty drunk, but I think I'm kidding? :thinking:

:lol: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to JB again.

JB
03-20-2011, 10:40 PM
Rather than start a new thread, I thought I would revive this travesty.

Actually, had such a great time last year that I was thinking we should do it again. Is Bubba's open now?

Anyone up for this?

It's going to be a terribly long off season this year, so what you say we make it happen?

Maybe Nitro & Wolf can come down this time?

If Bubba's not open, anyone know another spot? Maybe on the north side?

btw, if you don't respond, I am going to pull a srrono and start a lot of new threads about the same subject

Texan_Bill
03-20-2011, 10:46 PM

Actually, had such a great time last year that I was thinking we should do it again. Is Bubba's open now?

Anyone up for this?

It's going to be a terribly long off season this year, so what you say we make it happen?

btw, if you don't respond, I am going to pull a srrono and start a lot of new threads about the same subject

WAIT!!! What??? What did I miss??

Dutchrudder
03-20-2011, 10:50 PM

Anyone up for this?

Bubba's is open now, they were only closed for about 2 months and renovated the kitchen in that time. Could try to sync up a TTalk meetup with an NCAA tourney or a Rockets game.

JB
03-20-2011, 10:53 PM
WAIT!!! What??? What did I miss??

Nothing yet. Pay attention whippersnapper!

Bubba's is open now, they were only closed for about 2 months and renovated the kitchen in that time. Could try to sync up a TTalk meetup with an NCAA tourney or a Rockets game.

We ought to try to get it done again, don't you think?

Texan_Bill
03-20-2011, 11:00 PM

I think that I have proved myself as anything other than a "whippersnapper".... Ask me how Marshall Tucker and Blue Oyster Cult, was Friday night?????

It was awesome!! Then we went to a "Gentlemen's Establishment" in which we had a fantastic time...

Dutchrudder
03-20-2011, 11:01 PM

Well, the Rockets play the Miami Heat next Sunday (March 27th) at 5pm CST. Might be a good game to watch as a group, just get there at 4:00-4:30 to get tables and seats. But that's kind of short notice, may need to pick something further out.

JB
03-20-2011, 11:04 PM
Well, the Rockets play the Miami Heat next Sunday (March 27th) at 5pm CST. Might be a good game to watch as a group, just get there at 4:00-4:30 to get tables and seats. But that's kind of short notice, may need to pick something further out.

Final 4 maybe?

Dread-Head
03-21-2011, 10:06 AM
:thinking: Was it Sunday the 20th? If so I'm sorry I missed it, but after church I was wiped the VUGG out!

BIG TORO
03-21-2011, 10:43 AM
Sounds like fun let me know the date!

rush2112mn
03-21-2011, 11:48 AM

MOBY.......97 ROCK.......loved that radio station.....

Texan_Bill
03-22-2011, 10:24 PM
MOBY.......97 ROCK.......loved that radio station.....

You're showing your age! ;)

Anywho, is this thing still on -or- no??? If so, I want people to make a committment to Gary's Charity Golf Tourney for CP!!

April 27th, at Gleannloch Pines Golf Club in Spring, Texas.

http://www.thegaryjlynnfoundation.org/events_media.html

Gary is an amazing young man, and whom I consider a dear friend, including his mom and aunt. This young man has done more in his 17 or 18 years than most of us at 43..... Come out, support his cause:

If you don't sign up or participate in any manner - you are officially a Puh-Ce!!!!! I kid. Help this brave young man out!!!

I'll see y'all out there!!!!

Joe Texan
03-23-2011, 11:03 AM
Bubbashas a private room now and asked if we would like to use it during away games

gary
03-23-2011, 11:44 AM

Anywho, is this thing still on -or- no??? If so, I want people to make a committment to Gary's Charity Golf Tourney for CP!!

Gary is an amazing young man, and whom I consider a dear friend, including his mom and aunt. This young man has done more in his 17 or 18 years than most of us at 43..... Come out, support his cause:

http://www.thegaryjlynnfoundation.org/events_media.htmlThank you so much I just saw this and appreciate my best friend. I try my best.

If you don't sign up or participate in any manner - you are officially a Puh-Ce!!!!! I kid. Help this brave young man out!!!

I'll see y'all out there!!!!Thank you so much I just saw this and I appreciate it my best buddy.

NitroGSXR
03-23-2011, 12:26 PM

I'll see y'all out there!!!!

This looks to be awesome alas we will not be making it. It's out of our price range. No fret, gary!! We promise to make another small donation. I will contact you for the bank info again, gary.

gary
03-23-2011, 01:13 PM
This looks to be awesome alas we will not be making it. It's out of our price range. No fret, gary!! We promise to make another small donation. I will contact you for the bank info again, gary.
Ok great. Thank you so much man.

gary
03-23-2011, 09:39 PM
I am now in the company of famous pro golfer Phil Mickelson who is sponsored by KPMG. They are sponsoring my tournament.
We are having more events which will welcome everyone. The golf tournament is pricey for a lot of people. We are working on some things which I'll let you know on Sunday.

JB
03-23-2011, 09:49 PM
Very cool Gary!

gary
03-23-2011, 10:12 PM
Very cool Gary!If the Bubba's meeting is indeed still on that is.

JB
03-23-2011, 10:17 PM
If the Bubba's meeting is indeed still on that is.

Has anyone started to get something set up?

gary
03-23-2011, 10:24 PM
Has anyone started to get something set up?
Not sure but just say when and I will be there which is why I am hoping to find out soon.

JB
03-23-2011, 10:26 PM
Not sure but just say when and I will be there which is why I am hoping to find out soon.

You and me both brother!

But, someone else has to get it set up this year

Texan_Bill
03-24-2011, 12:07 AM
In any event, I am there for Gary's Golf Tourney... I think Dan (Disaacks) wants to hook up since we both SUCK!!!! I'm not sure what my company can do at this point (in terms of sponsorship), but somehow (the company) or me personally will sponsor a hole!!

i'm in little Buddy, one way or another~~~~

painekiller
03-24-2011, 12:20 AM
I'll come Sunday if you guys are meeting at Bubba's.

What time?

JB
03-24-2011, 12:25 AM
In any event, I am there for Gary's Golf Tourney... I think Dan (Disaacks) wants to hook up since we both SUCK!!!! I'm not sure what my company can do at this point (in terms of sponsorship), but somehow (the company) or me personally will sponsor a hole!!

i'm in little Buddy, one way or another~~~~

Unfortunately, I will not be able to make it. Not only will I have to work, this is just way out of my budget. I is po folk these days. :(

gary
03-24-2011, 09:37 AM
Just to let everyone know many bigger golf tounaments are 3,000 or 4,000 dollars a foursome.