PDA

View Full Version : Danny Clark a Texan Again

BIG TORO
05-11-2010, 03:38 PM
Has anyone heard that the Texans have agreed to terms with veteran OLB Danny Clark, who played the last two seasons with Giants and the Texans in2007.

My source said according to John Mcclain, No link to source yet.

JB
05-11-2010, 03:47 PM
Has anyone heard that the Texans have agreed to terms with veteran OLB Danny Clark, who played the last two seasons with Giants and the Texans in2007.

My source is still waiting on source.

yeah, Schefter is reporting that McClain is reporting it on twitter

http://http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

Hardcore Texan
05-11-2010, 03:56 PM
He was pretty decent IIRC? This should help the competetion in camp to be Cush's fill-in.

Austrian
05-11-2010, 03:57 PM
Good, I liked him while he played for us. Didn't follow him on the Giants though. How did he do there?

Hardcore Texan
05-11-2010, 03:59 PM
yeah, Schefter is reporting that McClain is reporting it on twitter

http://http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

One too many "http"'s in your linky.

HOU-TEX
05-11-2010, 04:00 PM
He just turned 33 and he's a borderline starter in the NFL. Similar to Bentley, IMO of course.

Goldensilence
05-11-2010, 04:02 PM
Good, I liked him while he played for us. Didn't follow him on the Giants though. How did he do there?

Decent first year. Then tailed off after that.

I didn't think he was terrible here much as Richard Smith's "scheme" left many people confused, including the players.

Good depth signing at this point. I still get the feeling they're going to slip Diles over to SLB and have a camp battle for WLB until Cush comes back. Said even prior to this signing I thought our best depth was at LBer.

The Sharpton pick still continues to to not make sense in my mind.

hot pickle
05-11-2010, 04:03 PM
he wasnt to bad for us when he was here!!!!

No More 8-8's
05-11-2010, 04:08 PM
yeah, the guy played well enough to get a big payday from the NYG. didnt work out for him in the end, but still a decent fill in who is familiar with the team and competition. Keep in mind we do play the NFC East this year.

SheTexan
05-11-2010, 04:12 PM
I liked Danny Clark. Hope this is a true signing.

Ryan
05-11-2010, 04:16 PM
Ryan approves.:bravo:

Beefing up the OLB competition never did anyone harm.

GP
05-11-2010, 04:17 PM
OK, I'm on board. Knows us, and is a hard-nosed hitter.

Fared well with the Giants.

Austrian
05-11-2010, 04:19 PM
Ryan approves.:bravo:

Beefing up the OLB competition never did anybody any harm.

Ouch. :hides: :jk:

nero THE zero
05-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Hopefully our team-organized paintball activity is increased to his liking. I'd hate to upset him again.

TimeKiller
05-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Hopefully our team-organized paintball activity is increased to his liking. I'd hate to upset him again.

Wasn't that c.c. brown?

Meh on D Clark. Decent 3 years ago barely counts as a reason to feel inspired about the signing. Players from the Smith *DC* defense coming back also doesn't bode well for my hurling issue.

V3rm0nt3r
05-11-2010, 07:21 PM
Wasn't that c.c. brown?

Meh on D Clark. Decent 3 years ago barely counts as a reason to feel inspired about the signing. Players from the Smith *DC* defense coming back also doesn't bode well for my hurling issue.

just an FYI that doesn't affect the Texans but C.C. just signed with Detroit. It looks like he'll be the favored starter going into camp across Louis Delmas.

gary
05-11-2010, 08:16 PM
All I want him to do is fill an open spot on the field. If he does that, then the rest would be gravy.

edo783
05-11-2010, 11:02 PM
Should be a pretty fair depth type of signing, but if he winds up as our starting SAM, we have a serious problem. Then again, it would only be for four games ...... hopefully.

leebigeztx
05-12-2010, 12:46 AM
I like clark,but thomas made too much sense. Thomas can do everything clark can do plus he's better in coverage and as a pass rusher.

El Tejano
05-12-2010, 09:13 AM
I like clark,but thomas made too much sense. Thomas can do everything clark can do plus he's better in coverage and as a pass rusher.

And there my friend is the question you have to ask yourself when talking about this organization.

Mr. White
05-12-2010, 09:20 AM
I thought he was pretty good player on a horrible Richard Smith defense. I've seen some Giants games when he was on the roster and he looked pretty good on their defense.

I'm glad to have him back.

GP
05-12-2010, 12:18 PM

No way. He saw what our field did to Wes Welker.

J/k

I think Clark can handle it. He was a guy that was on a bad Texans defense, as has been mentioned. He fared well in NY, and was considered to be a pretty solid LB there.

Four games at the start of the season will give him a chance to try and show that he belongs. I think it's a good move. He knows how everything works, and he won't be having to get acclimated to his surroundings in Houston.

Right now, we need some of that sort of stability.

gary
05-12-2010, 06:46 PM
If he just understands his role with the Texans everything should work out for the first four games of the season.

drewmar74
05-12-2010, 07:55 PM
If he just understands his role with the Texans everything should work out for the first four games of the season.

Agreed.

Danny - just don't screw anything up. Don't take bad angles and don't pleasure yourself right before a piss test. If you can do those things, we'll be fine.

gary
05-12-2010, 07:59 PM
He does not have to be a Probowler just play his game.

OzzO
05-25-2010, 01:42 PM
Clark, 33, is an 11-year veteran who played for the Texans in 2007. After one season in Houston, he started 26 of 32 games over the past two seasons with the New York Giants. Last season, he had 53 tackles and two sacks in 11 starts.

To Clark, the only strange thing about returning to the Texans is the number on his jersey. He's a career-long No. 55, expressed in his website domain, dannyclark55.com. But starting center Chris Myers has worn the number since Clark left. This season, Clark will wear No. 53. ....

...Although he was primarily brought in to compete for the backup job behind Cushing, his versatility earned him a different role last week.....

...On Monday, when Ryans was back in practice, Clark switched between the first team on the outside and the second team in the middle.

chronic 5.24.10 (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/7020420.html)

No More 8-8's
05-25-2010, 01:48 PM
Agreed.

Danny - just don't screw anything up. Don't take bad angles and don't pleasure yourself right before a piss test. If you can do those things, we'll be fine.

That's just good advice for anyone.

TimeKiller
05-25-2010, 05:25 PM
Meh.

NitroGSXR
05-25-2010, 06:01 PM
Meh.

Yup. Not excited over any of the previous regime leftovers. You move forward by finding better players, not bringing mediocre talent back!! I'm thinking he's going to start in Cushing's absence. Familiarity is overrated at this point.

Boring addition for the Texans.

gary
05-25-2010, 06:06 PM
He is just going to fill a void that is all I am ok with it.

Goldensilence
05-25-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm not excited by it but, at the same time I can't see a whole lot of more options that make sense. do some of ya'll want a big time name to come in for hopefully what should be four games?

I think he'll compete for the SLB spot and afterwards he makes for pretty good depth on the team.

OzzO
05-25-2010, 10:07 PM
/\ DING! Winnah! Hence the reason for bring back the thread with an update of where he'd probably be playing and how he was doing via the chronic about 6 posts up.