PDA

View Full Version : Cushings Four Game Replacement

beerlover
05-11-2010, 02:30 AM
Texans should get a roster exemption those first four games without Cushing. I think its important for them to be aggressive for a change & find someone capable to add, competition wise for starting SAM (four games) plus improve depth of group long term (correct me if I'm wrong [you always do] but this is an uncapped year isnt it?).

Did anyone else notice the trade made between the Cowboys & Rams, kinda brushed to the side with Cushing dominating the field as he often does, but bringing in Carpenter may open a roster spot for unsigned restricted free agent David Vobora (Rams), coming out of his rookie contract. drafted as “Mr. Irrelevant” in 08 (last pick of the draft) all he did was work his way off the practice squad & make the 53 man roster finishing the 09 season 7th in tackles playing the SAM position.

make him an offer the Rams refuse Rick & at least the Texans can maintain their competitive LB edge. It's nice to talk a little football in times like this using my enhanced substance :wesmantexanfan:

stingray
05-11-2010, 02:36 AM
I think the Adibi/Sharpton combo will be good enough. Unless Sharpton bombs in training camp.

b0ng
05-11-2010, 02:40 AM
This has been quoted already a bunch of times in the news so take it for what you will. (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/390477-texans-texans-looking-at-who-will-replace-lb-brian-cushing)

TL;DR: Diles stays WILL and it will be a competition between Bentley/Adibi and Sharpton is a "good kid" (i made the last part up)

Lucky
05-11-2010, 06:36 AM
Did anyone else notice the trade made between the Cowboys & Rams, kinda brushed to the side with Cushing dominating the field as he often does, but bringing in Carpenter may open a roster spot for unsigned restricted free agent David Vobora (Rams), coming out of his rookie contract.
Vobora is signed through 2010 and will not become a RFA until after the 2010 season.

No More 8-8's
05-11-2010, 08:47 AM
Keith Bulluck anyone???

beerlover
05-11-2010, 08:51 AM
Vobora is signed through 2010 and will not become a RFA until after the 2010 season.

shoot, thought he was restricted this year. oh well guess Texans will re-sign Chaun Thompson.

SAM OPTIONS

#1 Zac Diles, 4th year, 7th rd. pick (started position prior to Cushing)
#2 Darryl Sharpton, rookie 4th rd. pick
#3 Kevin Bentley, 9th year, 4th rd. pick

JB
05-11-2010, 08:57 AM
shoot, thought he was restricted this year. oh well guess Texans will re-sign Chaun Thompson.

SAM OPTIONS

#1 Zac Diles, 4th year, 7th rd. pick (started position prior to Cushing)
#2 Darryl Sharpton, rookie 4th rd. pick
#3 Kevin Bentley, 9th year, 4th rd. pick

Kubes has stated that the idea of Diles going to SLB did come from him, and that they thought Diles was really close to being a pro bowl Will and planned to leave him there..

dalemurphy
05-11-2010, 08:59 AM
Kubes has stated that the idea of Diles going to SLB did come from him, and that they thought Diles was really close to being a pro bowl Will and planned to leave him there..

Yeah, I'm not happy about this. I think they should leave everything alone and slide Bentley in at SLB.

beerlover
05-11-2010, 09:06 AM
strong words from Kubiak "To me, Zac's on the verge of becoming a Pro Bowl WILL linebacker in this league, so we're not going to go panic and move him around and do that. We're going to leave Zac where he's at. We'll find out who gives us the best chance to replace Cush going into the first month."

Sharpton has a real shot to start with a strong camp. Intersting pick, strength inside with good sideline to sideline mobility. what he lacks in size he more than makes up for in toughness, so he could hang.

HOU-TEX
05-11-2010, 09:10 AM
I'd go with HOU-TEX as our SLB.

Goatcheese
05-11-2010, 09:55 AM
I think Bentley will win the SAM spot and Diles will take over for Cushing in the nickle package.

El Tejano
05-11-2010, 10:21 AM
Adibi has really disappointed me. Two years ago, when he got into the starting lineup, you could see how much different the defense was. He covered TEs very well and would help the defense get off the field. Our defense also seemed faster.

This past season he just couldn't do anything and he always seemed out of place.

infantrycak
05-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Adibi has really disappointed me. Two years ago, when he got into the starting lineup, you could see how much different the defense was. He covered TEs very well and would help the defense get off the field. Our defense also seemed faster.

This past season he just couldn't do anything and he always seemed out of place.

Always? - he only played in game 1.

beerlover
05-11-2010, 02:59 PM
yeah I looked at Danny Clark & said he couldn't be but seems that maybe he is? Texans | Danny Clark agrees to terms

Tue, 11 May 2010 12:33:19 -0400

The Houston Texans have agreed to terms with unrestricted free-agent LB Danny Clark (Giants), reports John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle. Terms of the contract were not disclosed.