PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Carpenter to St Louis for Alex Barron to Dallas?

Wolf
05-08-2010, 07:04 PM
Brian Stull of ESPN 101 St. Louis confirms that the Bobby Carpenter-for-Alex Barron trade is "basically done," pending physicals.

The physical is important for Carpenter because he underwent AC joint shoulder surgery earlier in the offseason. Barron is 100 percent. Assuming Carpenter passes his medical, the trade should be finalized Monday.
Source: Brian Stull

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/37023711/sports/player_news

http://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter
RT @LandonMc: any progress in the Carpenter-Barron trade? ... It's expected to be finalized early this week.

Texan4Ever
05-09-2010, 12:19 AM
Wouldn't be suprised by such a move. Alex Barron has been a bust to this point and Carpenter hasn't gotten decent playing time, a change of scenery might turn these guys careers around.

Laurenitis, Carpenter,...rebuilding that famed Ohio State LB corps :handshake:

WWJD
05-09-2010, 09:27 AM
Wouldn't be suprised by such a move. Alex Barron has been a bust to this point and Carpenter hasn't gotten decent playing time, a change of scenery might turn these guys careers around.

Laurenitis, Carpenter,...rebuilding that famed Ohio State LB corps :handshake:

He hasn't gotten decent playing time cause he was never good enough to be starting.

rmartin65
05-09-2010, 09:54 AM
I was pretty high on Carpenter coming out of OSU. I still think he could be a good player, we will see I guess.

WWJD
05-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Most Dallas fans consider him a bust..I don't know that I would say I do..he's just real average to me.

Big Bill pick..he is good friends with Bobby's father so the prevailing theory is that that is how he got chosen so high. I don't know if that is true or not but that's all I've ever heard about Carpenter.

Good luck to him.

WolverineFan
05-09-2010, 11:15 AM
This is a good trade by both teams. They both missed on these former 1st round picks, but they can partyl rectify that with this deal. Barron is not working out at Tackle for the Rams and they need a OLB. Carpenter has been a big disappointment in Dallas and they don't need LB's and need O-Lineman. Both teams are getting rid of guys that have underperformed and getting guys at positions of need.

I think with Dallas, this is a very good trade. If Doug Free can lock down the LT spot then Barron could be Marc Columbo's replacement at RT. He's been a much better player at RT during his career.

HoustonFrog
05-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Most Dallas fans consider him a bust..I don't know that I would say I do..he's just real average to me.

Big Bill pick..he is good friends with Bobby's father so the prevailing theory is that that is how he got chosen so high. I don't know if that is true or not but that's all I've ever heard about Carpenter.

Good luck to him.

Right. Carpenter hasn't played because he isn't good enough to play. He also has been horrible on special teams. Watching the games is horrendous when he is trying to make plays. He is slow to the ball and it is painful at times. Last season he was "better" but better was a slight improvement over "non-factor." I like this trade because I never saw him as anyone that would make a difference whereas Barron can at least be a backup LT behind Free and be someone for security while being able to play other line positions.

False Start
05-09-2010, 12:54 PM
So, Barbie Carpenter will try and prove himself on the worst team in the NFL. Hell, with the Rams talent he may become a star.

The1ApplePie
05-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Steal for the Cowboys. Barron ain't a superstar, but he's not a bust.

Texan4Ever
05-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Right. Carpenter hasn't played because he isn't good enough to play. He also has been horrible on special teams. Watching the games is horrendous when he is trying to make plays. He is slow to the ball and it is painful at times. Last season he was "better" but better was a slight improvement over "non-factor." I like this trade because I never saw him as anyone that would make a difference whereas Barron can at least be a backup LT behind Free and be someone for security while being able to play other line positions.

Maybe it's the scheme he plays in? I see him as a 4-3 linebacker and not a 3-4 linebacker because he can't rush the passer and struggles to shed blocks. I hope he can turn things around in St. Louis now that he has a chance to play alongside Laurenitis.

WWJD
05-09-2010, 01:13 PM

I have nothing against Bobby..He was not worthy to be picked where he was and that has been shown to be truth..I wish him the very best of luck with the Rams.