PDA

View Full Version : Swap Meet - Possible trade scenarios

blockhead83
03-09-2005, 05:41 PM
The Redskins just lost a good MLB in Antonio Pierce. What do you guys think the odd's are that we might work a deal with the 'Skins that would send us Rod Gardner for Sharper + or - some additional incentives? Not sure how Sharper would translate to the 'Skins defense, but I figured they need another good MLB, we need a good speedster for our #2 receiver, maybe we could make a deal. The Redskins are pretty well known for wheeling and dealing in the off-season so who knows. Thoughts?

dirty steve
03-09-2005, 05:48 PM
we had a speedster with iron hands in bradford

BuffSoldier
03-09-2005, 05:51 PM
I think dont think that the Redskins would move for another ILB when they have LaVar Arrington. Plus, they just lost Lavernius Coles and I dont think theyd be willing to give up another WR. I just dont think they would let that happen. They would only have Santana Moss to throw to, even though they do have Portis.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
03-09-2005, 05:54 PM
No thanks.

WildBlackBear32
03-09-2005, 06:01 PM
I think dont think that the Redskins would move for another ILB when they have LaVar Arrington. Plus, they just lost Lavernius Coles and I dont think theyd be willing to give up another WR. I just dont think they would let that happen. They would only have Santana Moss to throw to, even though they do have Portis.

Arrington is a OLB.

Grid
03-09-2005, 06:01 PM
I dont want to replace old talent with more old talent.

Picks.. or a young player(s)

M@DD Mike
03-09-2005, 06:06 PM
Gardener sucks

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
03-09-2005, 06:15 PM
There's a reason his nickname is 50/50

TheOgre
03-09-2005, 06:17 PM
I heard that the Vikes are going after Gardner. Why they would go for Gardner and not sign Burress is beyond me.

U4ikrob
03-10-2005, 12:39 PM
Any other possible trades you guys thinking might surface?

I think Plaxico wants to much for his deal and Gardner I heard signed.

Nawzer
03-10-2005, 12:51 PM
Gardner became expendible when they signed David Patten. I think they will draft a wide receiver this year with their first pick.

U4ikrob
03-10-2005, 12:54 PM
I'll start with one and hopefully you guys will not beat me too soundly :) and will chime in with ideas and thoughts and scenarios of your own. :thumbup

Swap Meet - Edge to Texans for ...

Possible Players Involved:

Edgerrin James [RB] Colts
Jaime Sharper [LB] Texans
Jay Foreman [LB] Texans
Corey Bradford [WR] Texans
2006 or 2007 Houston Texans Draft Pick

EJ is a pro-bowl solid running back - Only 26 yrs old - He's coming off a pretty darn good pro-bowl year and our OC [Palmer] and Coach seem to really loves to control the clock and run the ball - so why not trade for a Pro bowl quality RB? Could give us stability and a serious all the time running threat who hopefully wont have the health issues all of our running backs seem to have every year. Dont get me wrong folks I love DD too - but he has yet to play a whole season without getting injured - The same goes for every other back on the roster except Wells the first year if I recall right. This could also be a golden opportunity to seriously weaken a division rival and put ourselves in the drivers seat to the playoff hunt. :thumbup

Notes: EJ, his agent and the Colts are all looking to make a deal - and according to the Internet buzz - it doesnt have to involve all 1st rounders either. He wants a good long term deal and I think he would be a quality Immediate impact player that could help put us over the top and with a couple of good trades and a decent contract offer we could have a 1-2 combo on offense that would give us the weapons to score at anytime. I dont think we would have to break the bank to get him either with a few of the FA's we have available to trade with - I think we could get one heck of a bargain. Lots of other upsides on the deal I can see - but I'm just wondering if there is a catch to Edge or is it all just not enough money to go around and he's the odd man out. :hmmm:

Thoughts??

Holden135
03-10-2005, 01:00 PM
Well that isn't completely a crazy idea. The Colts are in desperate need of defensive help. The Colts are looking to win a title now. Manning may only have another 4 or so great seasons left in him so the idea of picking up a solid lb that may only have 2 good years left in him won't necessarily turn them off of the idea. If that were to happen i wouldnt be surprised if D. Davis was incorporated in the deal as well. It would still be a doubtful trade but if it were to happen i wouldnt be too surprised.

F-minus67
03-10-2005, 01:17 PM
The skins would not trade for sharper since they have Barrow in the middle. If any team trades for him, it is going to be seattle. Since they have started 7 different ILBs since Holmgrin(?) took over as head coach.

ThaShark316
03-10-2005, 01:23 PM
What sucks is we'll have to play Sharper in the 2005 season. :thumbdown

TexanBacker93
03-10-2005, 01:47 PM
The trade for James won't happen. At least not as proposed. Bradford is a UFA. We can't include him in a trade unless he signs. He isn't going to sign a deal so he can get traded to a place where he is no better than #4 on the depth chart.

The Colts do need to get better on D. I fail to see where acquiring Jay Foreman would help towards that goal. Besides teams are more likely to wait and sign him as a FA since I would be amazed if he isn't released on June 1.

The draft pick would be ok, but the going price for a back seems to be at best a #2 pick. I don't know if they want to dump him for that.

I think James has the ability to veto a trade. I don't know how receptive he would be to come here.

infantrycak
03-10-2005, 02:09 PM
The draft pick would be ok, but the going price for a back seems to be at best a #2 pick. I don't know if they want to dump him for that.

The Colts are willing to take less than a 1st rounder for James.

James' new agent Drew Rosenhaus said the Indianapolis Colts were not demanding a first-round draft pick in exchange for the former two-time NFL rushing champion.

Link (http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/IND/8273239)

I think James has the ability to veto a trade.

Don't think he has any option other than not playing.

Fiddy
03-10-2005, 02:23 PM
I heard that the Vikes are going after Gardner. Why they would go for Gardner and not sign Burress is beyond me.Money, Money, Money...MONEY.

Another factor is that they might be targeting Mike Williams as the Randy Moss replacement.

U4ikrob
03-10-2005, 03:19 PM
I wonder whats the deal with Plax getting no love anywhere in the league. I mean even our team is needing a good #2 receiver yet ive heard nothing of the Texans talking with him at all. Today also the Giants have removed the offer on the table for him. I'm thinking he and his agent might be in prime position for a bargain deal, but it makes one wonder whats the deal too.

Back to the Edge - Yea I figured there were some particulars that might not work out, but the Colts need help on Defense and we might make a good trade with them. I think Sharper and Foreman could be parts of a trade scenario along with picks or a combo of some kind. Just trying to think of some palces and folks I think could help our team take the next steps forward and become a playoff team.

If we can pick up Edge or Plax for the bargain price being shoped around it could be some deals for us that could be some real help fora few years at least and more to come if things go well. I know Edge is only 26 and I think Plax is only 29 so have some years left on their wheels too.

I'm thinking at this point with the budget we have left and few players we can trade what do we have to loose with talking to the agents of both these guys and finding out what are the details on the deals for both of them?

Thoughts?

TexansTrueFan
03-11-2005, 12:50 AM
What sucks is we'll have to play Sharper in the 2005 season. :thumbdown

And whats so bad about that ?? Lord he has been our most productive player on defense in the last 2 years, and now everyone is wanting him gone,,,i just dont get it !

ThaShark316
03-11-2005, 12:51 AM
And whats so bad about that ?? Lord he has been our most productive player on defense in the last 2 years, and now everyone is wanting him gone,,,i just dont get it !

I don't want him gone, if thats what u mean.

I meant that the two teams that want him, are on the schedule in 2005.

TexansTrueFan
03-11-2005, 12:56 AM
I don't want him gone, if thats what u mean.

I meant that the two teams that want him, are on the schedule in 2005.

oh haha my bad, guess i miss read. Cause i personally think Sharper is a great LB, and that we should keep him !

ThaShark316
03-11-2005, 01:02 AM
oh haha my bad, guess i miss read. Cause i personally think Sharper is a great LB, and that we should keep him !

Yeah man, hes the leader of the Defense...the last thing we need is to have holes at the LB position...that said, its sad that he can't come back here, cuz some thing were said that weren't exactly nice, so I'll miss J-Sharp.

Dionysus22
03-11-2005, 01:05 AM
It's not the fact we want him gone. He's been the heart and soul of our defense since the begining, but the front office screwed up when they said he can look for a trade. Now he feels betrayed and wants out. It's kinda hard to play for someone who wanted to trade you in the offseason. I'd know I'd be PI$$ed.

TexansTrueFan
03-11-2005, 01:09 AM
yeah its weird i dunno why they would want him gone ? He has been putting up pro bowl numbers the last 2 years, our front office seems to have a bad habbit of letting good talent go, Foley etc...

Meloy
03-11-2005, 03:52 PM
yeah its weird i dunno why they would want him gone ? He has been putting up pro bowl numbers the last 2 years, our front office seems to have a bad habbit of letting good talent go, Foley etc...
I read in chronicle it has to do with salary cap hit this year and next. Even though he is not under contract, I think I read they owe him $ next season for renegotiating his contract. If he's gone, Texans don't get hit. Also, it lowers the age a bit.