PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Football League

Pages : 1 [2]

dc_txtech
08-23-2011, 06:00 PM
Draft is in an hour. Hope everyone can make it.

JCTexan
08-23-2011, 07:09 PM
Draft in 20 minutes. You can enter it now. I've got the 11th pick.

dc_txtech
08-23-2011, 09:37 PM
That was interesting...

HuttoKarl
08-24-2011, 06:49 AM
I'll be interested to see how this plays out...it's a very deep league, playerwise. We probably could have gone with only one or two flex positions...there's a huge premium on QB's, which is why I snagged 5...RB's are going to be tough too. I do like that players like Thomas Jones or Montario Hardesty or Ben Tate have some value in this league though.

Texas T
08-24-2011, 08:42 AM
I'll be interested to see how this plays out...it's a very deep league, playerwise. We probably could have gone with only one or two flex positions...there's a huge premium on QB's, which is why I snagged 5...RB's are going to be tough too. I do like that players like Thomas Jones or Montario Hardesty or Ben Tate have some value in this league though.

So, since I didn't stay, did HOU-TEX get any starting QBs??
If not I'm betting you could hook up a good trade.

I'm also interested to see this work...I've never played where there were this many active players each week.

Good luck to everyone (except when you play me!).

Texans34Life
08-24-2011, 08:48 AM
With the starting positions for each roster being so many, there is literally zero free agents to sift through during the season. It looks like we'll just have to play the roster we created.... :(

HuttoKarl
08-24-2011, 10:11 AM
With the starting positions for each roster being so many, there is literally zero free agents to sift through during the season. It looks like we'll just have to play the roster we created.... :(

Or pray for a shiz ton of injuries.

JCTexan
08-24-2011, 10:51 AM
So, since I didn't stay, did HOU-TEX get any starting QBs??
If not I'm betting you could hook up a good trade.

I'm also interested to see this work...I've never played where there were this many active players each week.

Good luck to everyone (except when you play me!).

No. Hou-Tex ended up with Tebow & Grossman. Neither of which will be starting.

HOU-TEX
08-24-2011, 11:00 AM
I completely dropped the ball! I kept reminding myself all day yesterday that I had another draft to do.....and I still forgot. Should've set my damn phone alarm. Damn!!

JCTexan
08-24-2011, 11:00 AM

Which is the only reason I stayed during the whole draft. The roster is so big I drafted two defenses & two kickers. I really don't see a reason to pay close attention to my lineup in this league.

JCTexan
08-24-2011, 11:05 AM
I completely dropped the ball! I kept reminding myself all day yesterday that I had another draft to do.....and I still forgot. Should've set my damn phone alarm. Damn!!

You had the #1 pick in the draft and ended up with Tim Hightower. Your 2nd round pick? Reggie Bush. Your QB's are Tebow & Grossman. I would definitely say it didn't go so well for you.

Texans34Life
08-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Damn, if we got a majority vote, does anyone want to do a re-draft? And if so, can we change up the roster positions to make it simple?

HOU-TEX
08-24-2011, 11:52 AM
Damn, if we got a majority vote, does anyone want to do a re-draft? And if so, can we change up the roster positions to make it simple?

LOL! You know I'd be up for a re-draft.

I noticed there are 10 bench spots?

JCTexan
08-24-2011, 01:04 PM

Yes. I would definitely vote for a re-draft. Change the roster settings, otherwise there will be no reason to pay attention to this league at all.

LOL! You know I'd be up for a re-draft.

I noticed there are 10 bench spots?

Twenty-six roster spots in all. By the time it was finished we were drafting third string RB's and backup QB's.

HOU-TEX
08-24-2011, 01:24 PM
Well, I think Gary's in the Hospital. I'm not sure when he'll be available to run this by him. Hopefully everything goes well with him and we can get this sorted out soon

HuttoKarl
08-24-2011, 02:59 PM

Find me on the site...I've got five QB's and the only one who may not be starting is Cam Newton, but I'm guessing he gets the job before too long.

I'm willing to trade...good WR or RBs wanted and can trade depth to you as well.

RoundRockKarl

HuttoKarl
08-24-2011, 03:01 PM
Yes. I would definitely vote for a re-draft. Change the roster settings, otherwise there will be no reason to pay attention to this league at all.

Twenty-six roster spots in all. By the time it was finished we were drafting third string RB's and backup QB's.

I saved my crappy TE, K and DST picks until the end because Yahoo tends to fill all positions before going for bench players.

I'm against a redraft because I actually really like my team.

Texas T
08-24-2011, 03:01 PM

I'd be okay with a re-draft too.
I'd be okay with how it is. My team is not too bad-not an all start team but not bad.

So put me in for what ever the group decides.

JCTexan
08-24-2011, 03:11 PM
I saved my crappy TE, K and DST picks until the end because Yahoo tends to fill all positions before going for bench players.

I'm against a redraft because I actually really like my team.

I'm perfectly fine with the guys I drafted. It's more an aim at the roster settings than anything. Having 2nd stringers as the bench guys makes me feel like I'm not going to spend anytime with my week-to-week lineups.

HuttoKarl
08-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Sent a trade proposal HOU-TEX.

One question...how the hell did you have Hightower ranked #1 on your board?

Texans34Life
08-24-2011, 04:18 PM
So the tally so far for re-draft:

Re-draft

HOU-TEX
JCTexan
Texas T
Texans34Life

Against Re-draft

HuttoKarl

Just have to see what the rest of the league says....

Ckw
08-24-2011, 04:27 PM
So is this one of those leagues where you start two QBs each week, like 8 RBs and WRs, and some crap like that? If so, I don't know how any of you can stand leagues like that. I did one for two years and can count on one hand the number of times I actually did anything to my roster. Sucked.

JCTexan
08-24-2011, 04:35 PM
So is this one of those leagues where you start two QBs each week, like 8 RBs and WRs, and some crap like that? If so, I don't know how any of you can stand leagues like that. I did one for two years and can count on one hand the number of times I actually did anything to my roster. Sucked.

Yes. It's the first time I've been in a league like this. There are 26 players on every team. I don't see making any changes to the roster at all.

Texans34Life
08-24-2011, 04:49 PM
Yes. It's the first time I've been in a league like this. There are 26 players on every team. I don't see making any changes to the roster at all.

Which screws everyone when it comes to each player's bye week.... :vincepalm:

dc_txtech
08-24-2011, 07:54 PM
I vote for a re-draft if possible. I would not have played had I known the rules would be what they are.

ccdude730
08-24-2011, 09:11 PM
I would be open to another draft. However, I think we have to cut down on the starting positions.

I think something like this would be good:

QB
WR
WR
RB
TE
K
D/ST
(maybe a flex player of RB or TE or WR)

axman40
08-24-2011, 09:26 PM
Put me in the no redraft group

Texans34Life
08-24-2011, 10:27 PM
Update on the tally so far for re-draft:

Re-draft

HOU-TEX
JCTexan
Texas T
Texans34Life
dc_txtech
ccdude730

Against Re-draft

HuttoKarl
axman40

Since there were 12 teams in the league, if 1 more person says re-draft, then that's the majority vote.

Waiting on I think CretorFrigg, FearSuperMario, gary, and The Dude Abides.

It's looking to be a redraft.....

ccdude730
08-24-2011, 10:40 PM
Waiting on I think CretorFrigg, FearSuperMario, gary, and The Dude Abides.

It's looking to be a redraft.....

That is me

:spin:

Texas T
08-25-2011, 08:48 AM
I would be open to another draft. However, I think we have to cut down on the starting positions.

I think something like this would be good:

QB
WR
WR
RB
TE
K
D/ST
(maybe a flex player of RB or TE or WR)

If we go that light on position players (WR/RB) I would say two flex positions (WR/RB and WR/TE) just for some variety and the need to move players around with maybe a 6 player bench.

My 2 cents, for what it 's worth.

Texans34Life
08-25-2011, 09:20 AM
Got an email from Gary last night:

rom Gary Lynn
to "rockets34life@gmail.com" <rockets34life@gmail.com>
date Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 7:56 PM
subject Re: Re-draft

I am willing to redo the draft but I won't be out of the hospital until late Saturday. I can only type for a very short time right now. My feathers are not ruffled. Send me suggestions for a draft date. I am also starting school on Monday. Holla back!lol
Gary

--------------------------

So now that Gary is on-board for the re-draft but still in the hosptial, let's schedule the re-draft for next week.

Once he's out and feeling better, what's a good day/time for everyone? I can do weekday/weekend evenings.

I also suggested the roster positions for the league:

QB
WR
WR
WR
RB
RB
WR/RB
TE
K
D/ST

10 bench spots (reserve for each spot).

What do you guys think?

HOU-TEX
08-25-2011, 09:41 AM
Sent a trade proposal HOU-TEX.

One question...how the hell did you have Hightower ranked #1 on your board?

I didn't!! The pre-draft rankings are bullshite! I pre-ranked the 1st 100 players. I found out they don't work in another league, which was why I was trying to remind myself of this draft. I still forgot

rom Gary Lynn

I am willing to redo the draft but I won't be out of the hospital until late Saturday. I can only type for a very short time right now. My feathers are not ruffled. Send me suggestions for a draft date. I am also starting school on Monday. Holla back!lol
Gary

So now that Gary is on-board for the re-draft but still in the hosptial, let's schedule the re-draft for next week.

Once he's out and feeling better, what's a good day/time for everyone? I can do weekday/weekend evenings.

QB
WR
WR
WR
RB
RB
WR/RB
TE
K
D/ST

What do you guys think?

I can dig that. I might add another option position. WR/TE. I think 10 BN spots are a bit high for a 12 team league.

QB
WR
WR
WR
RB
RB
WR/RB
WR/TE
TE
K
D/ST

Ryan
08-25-2011, 10:48 AM
Thank whoever for correcting the spelling in the title. I'm not even in this league but my inner grammar nazi was about to go nuts.

dc_txtech
08-25-2011, 11:31 AM
Thank whoever for correcting the spelling in the title. I'm not even in this league but my inner grammar nazi was about to go nuts.

Ditto, I've been reading it as Fancy Football League :kubepalm:

Texans34Life
08-25-2011, 01:33 PM
I didn't!! The pre-draft rankings are bullshite! I pre-ranked the 1st 100 players. I found out they don't work in another league, which was why I was trying to remind myself of this draft. I still forgot

I can dig that. I might add another option position. WR/TE. I think 10 BN spots are a bit high for a 12 team league.

QB
WR
WR
WR
RB
RB
WR/RB
WR/TE
TE
K
D/ST

I personally don't add flex spots in my leagues I run. I just make it simple....but if we add flex, I would only add 1 - WR/RB.

The 10 bench spots is a reserve for each position. Say a player was on bye. You can't bench him for their reserve if it was less than 10 spots. The player would have to be cut....which would suck ass especially if it was a good player.

IBleedTexans
08-25-2011, 01:54 PM

rom Gary Lynn

Gary

QB
WR
WR
WR
RB
RB
WR/RB
TE
K
D/ST

What do you guys think?

I don't mind a redraft w/e to me . But I would also like less positions , something like
QB
Wr
Wr
Wr
Rb
Rb
Wr/rb/te
Te
Def
K

JCTexan
08-25-2011, 01:56 PM
I personally don't add flex spots in my leagues I run. I just make it simple....but if we add flex, I would only add 1 - WR/RB.

The 10 bench spots is a reserve for each position. Say a player was on bye. You can't bench him for their reserve if it was less than 10 spots. The player would have to be cut....which would suck ass especially if it was a good player.

I would imagine you would just need one backup for each position. There would be no need to have three backup WR's when one player could fill in for all of their bye weeks. And if you seriously need a backup D or kicker I would question your sanity.

I would go with:

QB
WR
WR
WR
RB
RB
TE
K
D/ST
BN
BN
BN
BN
BN

HOU-TEX
08-25-2011, 02:09 PM

That's fine. I was just giving another option

HuttoKarl
08-25-2011, 02:15 PM
I won't be around until Monday evening to do a draft.

Section516
08-25-2011, 02:21 PM
If any one of you all doesn't want to do a redraft or play anymore, I'll take over the spot. Wouldn't mind another league this year! I mean, who goes to work to work anymore?

:uchicken:

Texas T
08-25-2011, 03:16 PM
I would imagine you would just need one backup for each position. There would be no need to have three backup WR's when one player could fill in for all of their bye weeks. And if you seriously need a backup D or kicker I would question your sanity.

I would go with:

QB
WR
WR
WR
RB
RB
TE
K
D/ST
BN
BN
BN
BN
BN

This looks good with maybe, just maybe, another BN slot-I've found that I run into problems with 3 WR and two having the same bye.

But I'll go with what ever!!

Texans34Life
08-25-2011, 03:21 PM

I would go with:

QB
WR
WR
WR
RB
RB
TE
K
D/ST
BN
BN
BN
BN
BN

I agree with this, but I would add 2 more bench spots....you got to have a backup D and the other one is just in case, like Texas T said.

So no to flex position?

JCTexan
08-25-2011, 04:56 PM
I agree with this, but I would add 2 more bench spots....you got to have a backup D and the other one is just in case, like Texas T said.

So no to flex position?

Yeah, sure. Add another bench spot or two. I'm just trying to stop us from doing another 20 round draft when the 20th guy hopefully won't see the field for us.

Oh, and you totally lost me with the backup D comment. Most people just drop them when their byes come up.

ccdude730
08-26-2011, 12:07 AM
If we go that light on position players (WR/RB) I would say two flex positions (WR/RB and WR/TE) just for some variety and the need to move players around with maybe a 6 player bench.

My 2 cents, for what it 's worth.

Yeah. I dont mind throwing another player in there. Just no more QBs! Start only 1, and not have a flex position allowing for another. I am actually very happy and content with my team - I just had no clue we would be starting so many.

HuttoKarl
08-29-2011, 10:59 AM
Are we doing a redraft?

The 2 QB starters is a really nice way to make a league more interesting than the standard 12 team, regular starters thing.

Texans34Life
08-29-2011, 11:51 AM
No, I vote against the 2 QBs starting. The standard format has worked and it would be nice to keep it that way.

I would like to do a redraft this week, but the only day good for me is tonight or Thursday evening. Anyone down for that?

Gary, since you're the commish, let us know what day/time you're good with.

HuttoKarl
08-29-2011, 11:04 PM
went from a deep roster and league with some planning needed on an owners part to a run of the mill yahoo league.

May as well autodraft it.

Texas T
08-30-2011, 08:35 AM
went from a deep roster and league with some planning needed on an owners part to a run of the mill yahoo league.

May as well autodraft it.

I would disagree with this statement. All the players I have on the bench will probably never see the field so if we stay the way we are my players will stay as is, I see no point in even trying to rotate players.

I think the advantage with slightly smaller rosters is the fact that your bench matters and there does require some forethought on match-ups each week.

Just my .02.

Texans34Life
08-30-2011, 09:00 AM
I would disagree with this statement. All the players I have on the bench will probably never see the field so if we stay the way we are my players will stay as is, I see no point in even trying to rotate players.

I think the advantage with slightly smaller rosters is the fact that your bench matters and there does require some forethought on match-ups each week.

Just my .02.

I agree with your statement Texas T. We need to do a re-draft. There is no point in playing with no one to pick up on the FA list during the season.

Since we aren't getting much response, should we do it sometime next week?

Texas T
08-30-2011, 09:43 AM
I agree with your statement Texas T. We need to do a re-draft. There is no point in playing with no one to pick up on the FA list during the season.

Since we aren't getting much response, should we do it sometime next week?

I'm fine with when ever-I think the sticking point is when is Gary available??

Texans34Life
08-30-2011, 09:59 AM
I emailed him, just waiting for a response back.

Section516
08-30-2011, 11:00 AM
I am NOT i repeat NOT trying to pull anyone from this league, but if anyone is interested in playing in an additional league (hell, I'm in three) I've decided to cast my brother into the hell known as fantasy football for the first time.

If interested.
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84510

HuttoKarl
08-30-2011, 02:54 PM

Just my .02.

All the players on my bench will likely see the field. It's because I drafted players while people were snagging DST's, K's and TE's all early and waited on them until my lineup and bench was filled. It's draft strategy and a lot of owners didn't use it.

I fully admit that there are far too many flex options...I don't think it'd hurt to have a RB/WR/TE flex spot or two. I do really like the 2 QB lineup requirement as well. There would be more than enough players to start on a weekly basis for everyone provided they don't draft unwisely. With the current format, I saw that QB's would be at a premium and went ahead and stocked up.

Texas T
08-30-2011, 05:18 PM
All the players on my bench will likely see the field. It's because I drafted players while people were snagging DST's, K's and TE's all early and waited on them until my lineup and bench was filled. It's draft strategy and a lot of owners didn't use it.

I fully admit that there are far too many flex options...I don't think it'd hurt to have a RB/WR/TE flex spot or two. I do really like the 2 QB lineup requirement as well. There would be more than enough players to start on a weekly basis for everyone provided they don't draft unwisely. With the current format, I saw that QB's would be at a premium and went ahead and stocked up.

I get where you're coming from, I drafted three starting QBs for the same reason. 2 QBs is not really my biggest gripe it was the amount of flex positions and total positions on the team. It was really a lot and I really think the majority of us got a group of #3 RBs and #4 WRs...doesn't do much for strategy, again just my opinion. I've never played with this many positions and I can't and won't say how it would ultimately end up-I'm just guessing and I'm thinking I would have no need to pay a whole lot of attention to this team. I would rather play the strategy game and have a need to rotate players based on match ups and work to win.

ccdude730
08-30-2011, 09:03 PM
In regards to the 2 QBs... I am gonna come out and say - I really, really do not like it. If you are required to carry 2 QBs, you are essentially required to carry a third to be the swing guy when there is a bye week. If everyone in our 12-team league drafted 3 starting QBs, that is 36. Not possible. And it takes some of the fun out of it when you have no starting FA QBs. I like my flexibility with A. Rogers and K. Kolb, but I have no 3rd QB, and I had no intention of starting a 3rd until I found out what Q/R/W/T meant and that they were starters. I have never played in a league that had so many starters.

And Karl, there isnt one uniform strategy for drafting in fantasy football. I am pretty sure my options for Defense is stronger than yours, but that was a choice I made. Maybe my defense can make up what points you get from your flex positions.

Ultimately, I will go with what the rest of the league decides as far as a re-draft is concerned.

Texas T
09-02-2011, 01:43 PM
Did anyone get an e-mail that a new draft has been scheduled??

I was just perusing my teams and saw that there is a new draft. The roster size has changed but still lots o'flex positions.

I'll be on autodraft because it doesn't start until 10:30 p.m. EST.

Good luck to everyone!!

**Edit**I just got the e-mail!!

IBleedTexans
09-02-2011, 02:00 PM
Sorry but can i withdraw and give someone else my position? Theres just to many slots and i'll lose interest really quick . Sorry for the inconveinance .....

ccdude730
09-02-2011, 02:24 PM
I'm not feeling the changes that were made to the starting lineups either. The flex positions are still a bit too much.

JCTexan
09-02-2011, 02:33 PM
It looks like it was changed again. It's now set to:

QB
WR
WR
WR
RB
RB
TE
WR/RB
WR/TE
K/ST

It looks way better to me.

Texans34Life
09-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Did you guys want WR/TE or ditch it?

ccdude730
09-02-2011, 02:40 PM
Ay, chihuahua! That was fast. I like that lineup much more than the previous ones. Good luck to everyone, except when you are playing me.

:spin:

ccdude730
09-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Did you guys want WR/TE or ditch it?

I am OK with that.

Another option is having just one flex positions (WR/RB/TE). How would you feel about that?

EDIT: Or just a "RB/TE" flex since we are already starting 3 WRs

Texans34Life
09-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Now here's the thing....there are 6 bench spots, but with that extra flex position, it might have to be increased to 8. If we don't have WR/TE position, 6 would be cool.

JCTexan
09-02-2011, 02:59 PM
Now here's the thing....there are 6 bench spots, but with that extra flex position, it might have to be increased to 8. If we don't have WR/TE position, 6 would be cool.

Six should be fine regardless. That leaves room for a QB, WR, RB, TE, Kicker & a defense if you so desire. You don't need three RB's or WR's on your bench just because that many are starting.

Texans34Life
09-02-2011, 03:07 PM
Six should be fine regardless. That leaves room for a QB, WR, RB, TE, Kicker & a defense if you so desire. You don't need three RB's or WR's on your bench just because that many are starting.

You mentioned the 6 bench spots for QB, WR, RB, TE, Kicker & a defense. Say your starting WR and RB are on bye. Then you take off the WR/TE and WR/RB slots to fill the starting WR and RB. What is then being used to replace the WR/RB or WR/TE slots? You can use the TE on the bench, but what about the other one?

Situations like the above and many more can be resolved with 2 more bench spots.

JCTexan
09-02-2011, 03:12 PM
You mentioned the 6 bench spots for QB, WR, RB, TE, Kicker & a defense. Say your starting WR and RB are on bye. Then you take off the WR/TE and WR/RB slots to fill the starting WR and RB. What is then being used to replace the WR/RB or WR/TE slots? You can use the TE on the bench, but what about the other one?

Situations like the above and many more can be resolved with 2 more bench spots.

If your starting WR & RB are on a bye you replace them with your backup WR & RB. You know, the guy on the bench in the first place?

Texans34Life
09-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Gary wanted me to post the final positions for the re-draft tomorrow at 9:30 CST. If you can't make it, pre-rank! Good luck to everyone!

QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/T, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

gary
09-02-2011, 04:15 PM
I just thought I would check in here. Are we good now? I hope so.

HuttoKarl
09-02-2011, 04:53 PM
I'll be on the yahoo autopilot.

Texas T
09-02-2011, 05:06 PM
I just thought I would check in here. Are we good now? I hope so.

I'm good!! I'll be seeing how auto works...hope it works better for me than it did for HOU-TEX!!

gary
09-02-2011, 09:18 PM
We'll see how things go.

IBleedTexans
09-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Much better !!!!! I'm game

ccdude730
09-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Reminder for those online:

Re-draft is tonight at 9:30P

gary
09-03-2011, 10:58 PM
I came out pretty well. How about you guys?

JCTexan
09-04-2011, 12:27 AM
I came out pretty well. How about you guys?

I came out good in the draft at every position except WR. I drafted six of them to try to make up for it though. I have Matt Ryan & Joe Flacco at QB, Jamaal Charles, Michael Turner, Matt Forte & Fred Jackson at RB, Owen Daniels & Vernon Davis at TE, but the WR corp of Brandon Marshall, Braylon Edwards, A.J. Green & Robert Meachem doesn't have me too pleased there.

Just looked at the league site & they deem the best draft to Texas T.

IBleedTexans
09-04-2011, 09:25 AM
i personally liked my draft. The only weakness i feel i have is wr ,but i think ill do ok with my 2 tight ends

Texans34Life
09-04-2011, 09:52 AM
Meh for me.

I was able to catch the 2nd half of the draft, but by that time, it was too late for me to save the team. Not the way I wanted the team, but gotta roll with it.

gary
09-04-2011, 10:38 AM
My running backs are a little weak but other than that I am pleased.

Texans34Life
09-04-2011, 10:56 AM
My running backs are a little weak but other than that I am pleased.

Same here. It started out great, then it just fizzled.

Texas T
09-04-2011, 06:04 PM
I came out good in the draft at every position except WR. I drafted six of them to try to make up for it though. I have Matt Ryan & Joe Flacco at QB, Jamaal Charles, Michael Turner, Matt Forte & Fred Jackson at RB, Owen Daniels & Vernon Davis at TE, but the WR corp of Brandon Marshall, Braylon Edwards, A.J. Green & Robert Meachem doesn't have me too pleased there.

Just looked at the league site & they deem the best draft to Texas T.

I must say that I was pleasantly surprised-especially since I wasn't there. Actually I still don't have internet in my house so I'm at the local Dunkin' Donuts. Both me and my son have drafts right now...

I'm happy-good luck to everyone!!

gary
09-04-2011, 09:01 PM
I might make a deal for an RB.

HuttoKarl
09-06-2011, 09:41 AM
I've updated my trading block...I have a few spare RB's and could use a WR and another TE.

From personal experience...Yahoo autodrafts will fill out your starting lineup before going for backup players. I usually go through the predraft rankings and eliminate all of the K, DST and most of the TE's in order to accumulate RB's and WR's, then determine which ones are cuttable for a Waiver DST and a Kicker.

This time it gave me a very nice RB crop, but I don't feel I got the WR depth I normally do. Sooo...if you're feeling ansty about your RB's, let RoundRockKarl know.

gary
09-06-2011, 11:30 AM
I have traded for a starting RB with Texans34Life.

HOU-TEX
09-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Lovely! I don't log on during weekends and it appears I missed it again. Eh well, good luck to everyone. I reckon I'll be the league's gimme win lol

HuttoKarl
09-06-2011, 01:40 PM
Lovely! I don't log on during weekends and it appears I missed it again. Eh well, good luck to everyone. I reckon I'll be the league's gimme win lol

Hopefully you got a QB this time around. (c:

If you need to make some trades, holler...I have a few RB's available and am looking for some WR/TE depth.

HuttoKarl
09-06-2011, 01:42 PM
HOU-TEX...I worry about your prerankings...seems you had Hightower on your list as your number 1 player twice now.

gary
09-06-2011, 01:44 PM
Lovely! I don't log on during weekends and it appears I missed it again. Eh well, good luck to everyone. I reckon I'll be the league's gimme win lolSo sorry.

HOU-TEX
09-06-2011, 01:56 PM
HOU-TEX...I worry about your prerankings...seems you had Hightower on your list as your number 1 player twice now.

The pre-rankings are bull butter. They don't work. I'm not sure what they did after the draft was reset, but they didn't work at all in the other league.

Texas T
09-06-2011, 03:16 PM
The pre-rankings are bull butter. They don't work. I'm not sure what they did after the draft was reset, but they didn't work at all in the other league.

They worked great for me. I was really concerned after seeing your last two drafts. My only downfall was that it gave me the Forehead and I had exempted him...

HOU-TEX
09-06-2011, 03:44 PM
They worked great for me. I was really concerned after seeing your last two drafts. My only downfall was that it gave me the Forehead and I had exempted him...

I even made sure I hit submit after each 25 in the draft for the other league. I can't say for sure on this one. It might've reset when the re-draft took place. I rarely come around here on weekends

gary
09-06-2011, 10:04 PM
They worked for me too.

ccdude730
09-11-2011, 09:07 PM
Geez. Apparently I did not get the memo that Buehler wasnt kicking FGs....

:smiliepalm:

Texas T
09-12-2011, 07:18 AM
Damn this week sucked for the Texas T teams. None of my players had a good week...oh well at least this isn't the only week of the season.

TexanSam
09-12-2011, 10:10 AM
Looks like I'm gonna lose in all 3 league's I'm in. Currently winning in the TexansTalk league but my opponent has a couple players playing today while all mine are finished. In another league the guy I was playing started both Stafford and Ben Tate who absolutely dominated.

Texans34Life
09-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Looks like I'm gonna lose in all 3 league's I'm in. Currently winning in the TexansTalk league but my opponent has a couple players playing today while all mine are finished. In another league the guy I was playing started both Stafford and Ben Tate who absolutely dominated.

Already giving up? :vincepalm:

axman40
09-12-2011, 01:32 PM
I need 7.2 points from McFaddin,Bush or Gostkowski (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/7867) for the win. I like my chances.
:boogie:

gary
09-15-2011, 01:59 PM
I am going for two wins in a row in both of the leagues that I am in. In one league I have Sidney Rice and he did not even play last week but he should play on Sunday.

HOU-TEX
09-15-2011, 03:19 PM
I am going for two wins in a row in both of the leagues that I am in. In one league I have Sidney Rice and he did not even play last week but he should play on Sunday.

I'm 0-3 in three league's. I really screwed the pooch this year. Oh well, I'll play them out and see what happens.

Good luck with your teams, bud

gary
09-15-2011, 04:22 PM
I have picked up LT, Jordy Nelson, Devon Hester, Robert Mechome, and David Akers all on the waiver wire between both leagues while they are not all in the same league I was still very surprised.

Texas T
09-15-2011, 06:02 PM
I'm 0-3 in three league's. I really screwed the pooch this year. Oh well, I'll play them out and see what happens.

Good luck with your teams, bud

Gotcha beat!! 0-4 in four leagues!! This looks to be a loooooooooong year.

gary
09-15-2011, 09:30 PM
It is a long season so don't get down on your team just yet.

JCTexan
09-16-2011, 11:39 AM
Gotcha beat!! 0-4 in four leagues!! This looks to be a loooooooooong year.

I am your opponent this week, so hopefully your bad luck continues for at least one more week in this league. :clown:

Texas T
09-16-2011, 12:15 PM
I am your opponent this week, so hopefully your bad luck continues for at least one more week in this league. :clown:

That's it I'm going to get Tebow and take you to the ground!!!

(Scared aren't you??)

gary
09-18-2011, 11:26 AM
I think I am a serious contender in both leagues this year.

Texas T
09-18-2011, 06:57 PM

Looks like my luck in this league stayed crappy...unless Turner gets you less than 2 points tonight. I could happen!!

JCTexan
09-18-2011, 07:05 PM
Looks like my luck in this league stayed crappy...unless Turner gets you less than 2 points tonight. I could happen!!

I need 1.29 points from Turner to win. So as long as he can get me 13 rushing yards it should be mine.

TexanSam
09-18-2011, 07:20 PM
Should win 2 outta 3 this week. Losing in the Texans Talk league but I still have Vick and Ahmad Bradshaw to play while Hou Tex's team is all finished I think. $30 buy in another league though and I'm 0-2. My best QB is Ryan Fitzpatrick :(

EDIT: Hou Tex has the Philly D and Mario Manningham. Still think I should be able to pull it out though.

JCTexan
09-18-2011, 11:17 PM
So apparently Jamaal Charles could be out for some time. I have plenty of WR's (6) and will be willing to trade one for a capable RB. I also have Owen Daniels at TE if that would draw interest from someone.

Texas T
09-19-2011, 07:48 AM
I need 1.29 points from Turner to win. So as long as he can get me 13 rushing yards it should be mine.

It didn't help that Antonio Gates got a big 'ole Goose egg...not sure what was up with that.

And Foster going out early didn't help-oh well better to have him later in the "real world", that always takes priority for me anyway.

Well better this week 2-2 in four leagues.

JCTexan
09-19-2011, 08:19 AM
It didn't help that Antonio Gates got a big 'ole Goose egg...not sure what was up with that.

And Foster going out early didn't help-oh well better to have him later in the "real world", that always takes priority for me anyway.

Well better this week 2-2 in four leagues.

I had my fair share of guys struggle this week. Vernon Davis only got me 1.8 and my first round pick only got me 2.7 & he might not be back in my lineup for the rest of the year.

JCTexan
09-19-2011, 03:51 PM
And the outright release of my first round pick. Charles is done for the year. :overreact:

gary
09-20-2011, 12:34 PM
I have Gates in my second league. Is he hurt or what?

Luv_ya_blue
10-13-2011, 07:36 AM
Saw this on somebody's Facebook earlier this morning and had to repost.

http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/33725_128211027229294_107259369324460_165571_70666 16_n.jpg

IBleedTexans
10-14-2011, 07:37 PM
Would you guys trade Cam For Ap ????

Vinny
10-14-2011, 09:01 PM
I have Gates in my second league. Is he hurt or what?he has an ongoing foot injury. He's seen many doctors and I think he'll be back after their bye...who's to say if he will be effective though.

JCTexan
12-20-2011, 05:55 PM
I ended up getting 5th place. Almost everyone of my RB's at the beginning of the year got hurt (Fred Jackson, Jamaal Charles, Matt Forte) and none of them were playing during crunch time.

gary
08-06-2012, 03:14 PM
Bump. I have sent out invites for this year. Let me know if you are not going to play.

dc_txtech
08-06-2012, 06:34 PM
Bump. I have sent out invites for this year. Let me know if you are not going to play.

Unfortunately I'm gonna have to give up my spot. Just have too much going on right now. Great league though, thanks for having me.

Texas T
08-06-2012, 06:52 PM

I'm in and signed up!

gary
08-08-2012, 09:09 PM
Six spots are still open please sign up or let me know.

JCTexan
08-08-2012, 09:18 PM
I'm in.

gary
08-22-2012, 11:36 AM
Five more spots are still open let me know if you are interested.

IBleedTexans
08-22-2012, 01:56 PM
Five more spots are still open let me know if you are interested.

Ima have to back out of this league sorry .... I got three money leagues so gotta back out of 2

gary
08-22-2012, 02:40 PM
Ima have to back out of this league sorry .... I got three money leagues so gotta back out of 2Mind just leaving your team?

IBleedTexans
08-22-2012, 03:19 PM
Mind just leaving your team?

I'm not sure I understand your question,leave my team?

gary
08-22-2012, 03:55 PM
I'm not sure I understand your question,leave my team?Since you already joined leave your team in.

Texans34Life
08-22-2012, 03:59 PM
gary, I emailed you.

gary
08-25-2012, 01:33 PM
The number of teams has been lowered so now three spots are open.

Texans34Life
08-25-2012, 10:09 PM
gary, go to Commish Tools and hit Publish League. Then hit Yes and Open and put a comment in there saying it's open to Texans fans to join up. That way you'll have all 3 spots filled quick before tomorrow's draft.

It's weird this season that there's been a lack of participation for fantasy football. I've had the hardest time for my leagues, but I'm getting them filled with publishing them to the Yahoo public.

Texans34Life
08-26-2012, 11:26 PM
gary, stlll only 9 teams....

gary
08-27-2012, 10:33 AM
gary, stlll only 9 teams....I made the league public. Friday is the draft.

HOU-TEX
08-28-2012, 10:44 AM
Who dropped out? I thought we had 10? Let's go y'all! 1-3 more teams needed. One more FF team won't hurt ya.

gary
08-28-2012, 11:00 AM
Who dropped out? I thought we had 10? Let's go y'all! 1-3 more teams needed. One more FF team won't hurt ya.One said they were not able to play again this year because they are already in too many leagues and I sent a PM to another and had no reply.

axman40
08-29-2012, 06:18 PM
Still need one more team,WAKE UP PEOPLE!

gary
08-29-2012, 07:36 PM
Still need one more team,WAKE UP PEOPLE!
Three.

gary
08-30-2012, 04:56 PM
My therapist came over today and she has joined the league so now there ten teams. Remember the drat is tomorrow. Good luck everyone. Two more spots are open.

TdotTexas2Step
08-30-2012, 06:10 PM
Any spots left in this?

gary
08-31-2012, 09:14 AM
Any spots left in this?Two. PM me your e-mail address.

Texas T
08-31-2012, 11:54 AM
Gary-if it looks like we're going to need one more-my son would probably be willing to play.

I won't know until I get home from work, between 5 and 6.

Let me know-send it to my e-mail or post here. I'll check.

Travis

gary
08-31-2012, 01:31 PM
Gary-if it looks like we're going to need one more-my son would probably be willing to play.

I won't know until I get home from work, between 5 and 6.

Let me know-send it to my e-mail or post here. I'll check.

Travis http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/378655

Texas T
08-31-2012, 02:41 PM
http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/378655

Yeah, I looked before I posted but I saw that TdotTexas2Step was possibly joining so if we needed a last minute add I'd have one.

gary
08-31-2012, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I looked before I posted but I saw that TdotTexas2Step was possibly joining so if we needed a last minute add I'd have one.Go right ahead. Nothing yet. Someone else PM me days ago that they were interested but then did not PM me back again. Neither did someone who was in last year.

Texas T
08-31-2012, 07:09 PM
So what happened with the keepers??

I know mine were marked and then next thing they are not there when the draft started...

Gary-I couldn't get him in because the draft started...

Texans34Life
08-31-2012, 08:46 PM
Damnit, I missed it! Ugh, I'm ok with what I got....but that sucks I missed it.

Texas T
08-31-2012, 10:12 PM
Damnit, I missed it! Ugh, I'm ok with what I got....but that sucks I missed it.

Don't worry so did almost everyone else.
Only me and JCTexan showed for the whole time. Gary came toward the end.

TdotTexas2Step
08-31-2012, 10:32 PM
Just got home, did I miss it?

JCTexan
09-01-2012, 12:01 AM
Don't worry so did almost everyone else.
Only me and JCTexan showed for the whole time. Gary came toward the end.

Actually I missed the very beginning. I was on the road and couldn't get to a computer until a little after seven.

gary
09-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Just got home, did I miss it?I sent you a PM but I did not hear back from you.

Texas T
09-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Gary, What happened to our keepers? Did you change that or was it a brain fart by Yahoo??

JCTexan
09-01-2012, 11:16 AM
Anybody want Philip Rivers? I'm looking for a good WR in return.

gary
09-01-2012, 11:16 AM
Gary, What happened to our keepers? Did you change that or was it a brain fart by Yahoo??I did not change anything so Yahoo.

JCTexan
11-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Wow, did my team do good this week. 201.62 points thanks to Doug Martin, Brandon Marshall & co..

Texas T
12-18-2012, 09:31 AM
So it's down to the scrappy Zombies vs. JCTexan for the Championship!!

The Apocalypse is coming!!

Good luck JCT!!

JCTexan
12-18-2012, 11:20 AM
So it's down to the scrappy Zombies vs. JCTexan for the Championship!!

The Apocalypse is coming!!

Good luck JCT!!

Good luck, TexasT.

JCTexan
12-24-2012, 02:54 PM
#6 Zombies 115.20 vs. #1 JCTexan 145.18

Marshawn Lynch (130 yards, 2 td's), Dez Bryant (224 yards, 2 td's) and Aaron Rodgers (342 yards passing, 3 td passes and a rushing td) all had huge games for me this week.

:trophy::trophy::trophy:

Texas T
12-24-2012, 03:03 PM
#6 Zombies 115.20 vs. #1 JCTexan 145.18

Marshawn Lynch (130 yards, 2 td's), Dez Bryant (224 yards, 2 td's) and Aaron Rodgers (342 yards passing, 3 td passes and a rushing td) all had huge games for me this week.

:trophy::trophy::trophy:

Congrats JCTexan!! I was hoping for a closer game but....not so much.

JCTexan
12-24-2012, 03:10 PM
Congrats JCTexan!! I was hoping for a closer game but....not so much.

Thanks! I think I finally got my revenge on all those times you beat me in Fantasy Baseball last year. :tiphat:

Texas T
12-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Thanks! I think I finally got my revenge on all those times you beat me in Fantasy Baseball last year. :tiphat:

That could be it...didn't think of that.

gary
12-24-2012, 04:21 PM
Where are the standings?

JCTexan
12-24-2012, 07:57 PM
Where are the standings?

All you have to do is look at the playoff format on the league page. I beat TexasT for the championship, Hou-Tex beat HoustonTexans4life for third. Fireants won the fifth place game, etc.. The overall league standings should look like this:

1: JCTexan
2: Zombie Apocolypse
3: HOU-TEX
4: HoustonTexans4Life
5: Austin Fireants
6: Houston Texans
7: RoundRockKarl
8: Black Velvet
9: IBleedTexans
10: Arctic Alpadacas

HOU-TEX
08-19-2013, 09:42 AM
Looks like we have 8 teams right now. Gary's league needs a couple more teams joined up.

Gary, can you provide the link so we can get your league filled up before draft?

JCTexan
08-30-2013, 12:27 AM
The draft is Sunday. So I guess we're going with eight teams?

Texas T
08-30-2013, 07:58 AM

Guess so-I'll be on autodraft. My parents and siblings will be in town for the weekend and we are having a BBQ at the house with my other relatives.

I may try and peek in and see how it goes.

Texans34Life
08-30-2013, 11:10 AM

Gary, if we need 2 spots, just go ahead and make the league public to fill those spots so we can make 10.

Texans34Life
09-01-2013, 01:23 PM
I PM'd gary to see if he can make the league public, but it doesn't look like he got the message. Is there anyone that can get a hold of him so we can get it to 10 teams?

Or we might just end up being an 8 team league...

HOU-TEX
08-15-2014, 01:45 PM
Gary, are you activating this league this year?

HOU-TEX
08-20-2014, 03:32 PM
Gary still needs 5 teams for this league