PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for Titans fans and the city of Nashville

spurstexanstros
05-04-2010, 07:58 PM
My heart goes out to those in Nashville who are affected by the flash flooding and I hope that the city recovers and the loss of life doesnt get any higher. Living in SA I am very familiar with what happens when a large urban area is hit by flash floods and it is something that I wouldnt want to happen to anyone. Let us hope that the waters receed and not cause anymore damage to the city.

Yvette
05-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Thank you for thinking of us. It's going to take a while and damages will probably go beyond millions. The Corp of Engineers are calling this a 1000 year flood and I believe it. The odds of everything coming together the way it did are astounding, it was truly the perfect storm.

Areas are flooded that are nowhere near a river or even streams, creeks. Many people don't have flood insurance because there was no logical reason for it.

I was astounded, as many were/are, that we didn't hardly get any national attention. FEMA assistance seemed to change that.

We are Nashville (http://www.section303.com/we-are-nashville-4366) -- that blog was posted on our site (titanstailgate.com) and I've been sending it out via email to everyone I know.

Thank you so much again, it means a lot :)

NitroGSXR
05-05-2010, 01:24 PM
Be safe, Tennessee folk. I didn't hear about all this until now. Terrible!

GlassHalfFull
05-06-2010, 02:56 PM
I was reading about how so many of the flooded out people did not have flood insurance. I don't really want to turn this thread into a discussion about the merits/nonmerits of flood insurance, but it really seems to me that insurance should be obligated to pay for flood damage if you live out of the hundred year flood plain.

I know this is naive and it won't happen.

Anyway, good luck Nashville. I hope you find the silver lining that Houston found after Ike of communities pulling together and helping each other.

Blazing Arrow
05-06-2010, 03:35 PM
While it is not my home I have several friends in the area. I am sure they all would thank you for your kind thoughts.

BigBull17
05-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Yeah, as much as I bag on yall, I only really dislike Houston and Austin Titan fans. Hope yall can recover.

El Tejano
05-06-2010, 03:40 PM
The Rivalry is just football. May God bless all that were affected by this terrible storm. I pray that everything be restored for them and that everyone soon sees how God works for the good in all things for those that love him.

Goldensilence
05-06-2010, 03:42 PM
I have good friend who is about to try and travel out there to see his family nearby.

I know there's not much good feelings on the football field, but I really hope the city and area around Nashville the best in this moment of darkness.

Txn_in_Oki
05-11-2010, 09:18 AM
I came back to NC fro St. Louis on Friday and we flew over Nashville. Absolutely devastating how bad the flooding is. Seeing the news is one thing but to really see how bad it is, that's something else altogether.

I wish you all the best and hope for a speedy recovery.

Texan_Bill
05-11-2010, 10:04 AM
There's another thread with regards to the flooding in Tennessee, here: Tenn. officials brace for more flooding, deaths (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71679&highlight=Flooding)

NitroGSXR
05-11-2010, 10:14 AM
I wish only one house got flooded... anybody wanna venture a guess whose house that may be?

Yes, I realize he makes Houston his primary residence but he's gotta have a house out there somewhere.