PDA

View Full Version : Possible Departure: Redskins reportedly offered senior VP job to Tony Wylie

GP
05-04-2010, 10:10 AM
Well, this thread won't be long (LOL). It ain't like we're going to dissect this topic to death, but it is Texans news to some degree.

Redskins senior VP (Karl Swanson) leaving the organization, and rumor has it that Texans Public Relations guy, Tony Wylie, has been offered the job.

This from espn.com's twitter updates:

@wingoz Agreed RT @BobGlauber: Tony's terrific. Skins have offered Swanson's senior VP job to Tony Wyllie, top PR guy for Houston Texans lst 10 yrs

gtexan02
05-04-2010, 10:38 AM
Any fan base that continues to sell out during a 2-14 season with Charlie Casserly and Dom Capers and David Carr must have a super PR Guy

Texans34Life
05-04-2010, 12:49 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/04/wyllie-accepts-job-with-redskins/

Wyllie accepts job with Redskins
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on May 4, 2010 12:46 PM ET

Well, the process to replace longtime Redskins V.P. of public relations Karl Swanson didn't take long.

Florio passed along the report that Texans V.P. of communications Tony Wyllie was offered the job a little while ago, and multiple reports confirm that he's accepted the position.

"I've known Tony Wyllie since he was passing out stat sheets in the Oilers pressbox, and I've never known a better PR man," Houston Chronicle writer John McClain tweeted earlier today.

McClain notes that Wyllie joins Kyle Shanahan, quarterbacks coach Matt LaFleur and strength coach Ray Wright as ex-Texans to head to Washington.

Kaiser Toro
05-04-2010, 01:25 PM
Pick a narrative

- Shanahan > Kubiak

- the kids are growing up

- Wylie is a closet Fat Albert fan

eriadoc
05-04-2010, 01:30 PM
Won't it be something if the Redskins make the playoffs this year and the Texans don't? The 'Skins are in the toughest division in football, IMO, and play a very tough schedule this year. That would be interesting.

Big Lou
05-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Wouldn't have lost him if McNair wasn't so damn cheap!!!!!

:sarcasm:

Dutchrudder
05-04-2010, 07:53 PM
Honestly, I can't name another member of the Texans FO beyond Smith, Kubiak and that guy that owns the team... drawing a blank here... lol

Farewell Tony Wylie, we hardly knew ya!

JCTexan
05-04-2010, 07:59 PM
Honestly, I can't name another member of the Texans FO beyond Smith, Kubiak and that guy that owns the team... drawing a blank here... lol

Farewell Tony Wylie, we hardly knew ya!

Bob Mcnair owns the team. If you're interested in knowing more of the names in the front office here you go: http://www.houstontexans.com/team/FrontOffice.asp

TheRealJoker
05-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Now that the spin doctor is gone it looks like the Texans will have to start being one of the best teams in the league every year to sell tickets...

Honoring Earl 34
05-04-2010, 09:50 PM
I TOLD Y"ALL WE SHOULD HAVE DRAFTED A NEW PUBLIC RELATIONS GUY . :texanbill:

AnthonyE
05-04-2010, 09:58 PM
This is a good pick up for Houston East.

Texanmike02
05-04-2010, 10:04 PM
Any fan base that continues to sell out during a 2-14 season with Charlie Casserly and Dom Capers and David Carr must have a super PR Guy

That or the local corporations gave them one hell of a deal to get here and agreed to buy up tickets forever like a decade in advance. :spin:

:texflag:Mike

NitroGSXR
05-04-2010, 10:16 PM
Won't it be something if the Redskins make the playoffs this year and the Texans don't? The 'Skins are in the toughest division in football, IMO, and play a very tough schedule this year. That would be interesting.

What are you trying to do to me!?!?! You total... debbie downer!!

:fans:

Pollardized
05-04-2010, 10:24 PM
McLame's thoughts on Wylie, and mention of the award won by staffs Wylie has been on.
http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2010/05/wyllie_leaving_texans_for_reds.html

Below, the only writing award John McLame has won:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_4ADuSG_BLvg/SR3HEKyTjOI/AAAAAAAAAyw/__ZE9tELPZQ/S259/Superior+Scribbler+Award.jpg

eriadoc
05-04-2010, 11:29 PM
What are you trying to do to me!?!?! You total... debbie downer!!

:fans:

Sorry, my pink soap tendencies surface from time to time. I can't say I have a ton of optimism for the current coaching staff. I do have a ton of hope for them, and I'd really like the hometown coach storybook ending. I'd also like it to happen in my lifetime, so you know .....

/crosses fingers

SheTexan
05-05-2010, 08:25 AM
Still won't make me a Redskins fan!!:texflag:

I bet before this was announced not ONE person on this board knew who he was or what he did, without looking it up!

hookinreds
05-05-2010, 10:39 AM

I bet before this was announced not ONE person on this board knew who he was or what he did, without looking it up!

That's a big 10-4.

DexmanC
05-06-2010, 03:55 PM

I bet before this was announced not ONE person on this board knew who he was or what he did, without looking it up

I was that one person. He's was the Black guy in a suit standing behind
Kubiak or Mcnair on every post-practice video clip on
HoustonTexans.com

I'm a Texans' fan! :fans: