PDA

View Full Version : Roy Williams Thinks Dez Bryant The Best Wideout Corps In The NFL

gary
04-28-2010, 06:01 PM
I know Bryant is very good but I am not sure about this.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/22/roy-williams-dez-bryant-gives-us-the-nfls-best-group-of-receivers/?related=1

BigBull17
04-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Whatever. AJ and Walter are at least as good. Roy Williams is a joke, Bryant a rookie, and Miles Austin has only done it for one year. Im not convinced. I wouldn't take Roy Williams over JJ as the three. He is a huge waste of space and a huge mistake by the Cowboys.

gary
04-28-2010, 06:13 PM
I think the Texans corps is better JMHO.

eriadoc
04-28-2010, 06:21 PM
At this point, Dez Bryant hasn't proven he's better than David Anderson, but Roy Williams can entertain any delusion he wants, I suppose. #1 receiving team in the NFL is ..... yep, Texans.

BigBull17
04-28-2010, 06:24 PM
At this point, Dez Bryant hasn't proven he's better than David Anderson, but Roy Williams can entertain any delusion he wants, I suppose. #1 receiving team in the NFL is ..... yep, Texans.

Well, AJ is better than Austin. Walter is WAY better than Roy. And JJ has proven a little more than Dez. Their running backs are better, but not the WR's. Our Tight ends are better by bulk, since we have 8. J/j

gary
04-28-2010, 06:30 PM
The Texans wideout corps is only going to improve this season IMO.

Goldensilence
04-28-2010, 06:47 PM
It is a compelling argument I'll admit.

Miles Austin, Roy Williams, Dez Bryant, and Patrick Crayton round outa tough looking top 4.

Add Jason Whitten and Martellus Bennett as your top two TEs and yeah, you've got a good argument for top receiving corps.

BigBull17
04-28-2010, 06:54 PM

Miles Austin, Roy Williams, Dez Bryant, and Patrick Crayton round outa tough looking top 4.

Add Jason Whitten and Martellus Bennett as your top two TEs and yeah, you've got a good argument for top receiving corps.

OD, Casey, Dreesen, and Graham added to the argument and we could look nasty as well. May be alot of points scored Sept. 26th.

dc_txtech
04-28-2010, 06:57 PM
I would not trade AJ for Bryant+Williams+Austin. Wouldn't even consider it.

Goldensilence
04-28-2010, 07:02 PM
OD, Casey, Dreesen, and Graham added to the argument and we could look nasty as well. May be alot of points scored Sept. 26th.

Casey didn't do much last year and Graham hasn't even suited up for an NFL snap.

Far as who have better athletes I think the Cowboys have the edge. Far as the passing game total. Edge Texans.

GuerillaBlack
04-28-2010, 07:14 PM
Don't we have the number one passing offense in the league? Oh yeah, I think we do. Then you add in Ben Tate and Dorin Dickerson, who I think will be a surprise. And isn't Patrick Crayton and Sam Hurd on the trading block for the Cowboys now, anyway?

gary
04-28-2010, 07:17 PM
Yep.

jaayteetx
04-28-2010, 07:19 PM
AJ + anybody = Best.

JB
04-28-2010, 07:40 PM
AJ + anybody = Best.

AJ + nobody = Best/Beast!

eriadoc
04-28-2010, 07:44 PM
Well, AJ is better than Austin. Walter is WAY better than Roy. And JJ has proven a little more than Dez. Their running backs are better, but not the WR's. Our Tight ends are better by bulk, since we have 8. J/j

Bryan Pittman is still listed as the long snapper on the depth chart. Is he still here? If so, we have NINE tight ends, LOL. OK, I know a couple are conversion projects, but still.

gary
04-28-2010, 07:49 PM
I look for the Texans to sign another TE soon. LOL.

The1ApplePie
04-28-2010, 07:49 PM
Cowboys top us in potential

Physically, Roy Williams is much better than KW. Play wise, I don't know how a guy goes from a solid No. 1 to a mediocre No. 3 in a few years.

As a Texans and Cowboys fan, man did Dallas get hosed in the trade

JB
04-28-2010, 07:51 PM
Cowboys top us in potential

Physically, Roy Williams is much better than KW. Play wise, I don't know how a guy goes from a solid No. 1 to a mediocre No. 3 in a few years.

As a Texans and Cowboys fan, man did Dallas get hosed in the trade

Please! Williams was a solid #1 for Detroit!
He had one decent year and how many years of crap? No way would I exchange him for Walter

The1ApplePie
04-28-2010, 07:54 PM
Please! Williams was a solid #1 for Detroit!
He had one decent year and how many years of crap? No way would I exchange him for Walter

I pure untapped talent, Roy is better

I didn't say anything about him being better on the field

JB
04-28-2010, 08:04 PM
I pure untapped talent, Roy is better

I didn't say anything about him being better on the field

You said he was a solid #1 and was physically better than Walter. I do not agree with either.

gary
04-28-2010, 08:15 PM
After Roy having butter fingers for most of his career he probably does not have quite the same amount of talent he once had anymore. And, being talented does not matter if you do not play up to your talent or skill level. Considering what the Lions thought Roy was going to be when they drafted him he has sort of a bust JMO.

TimeKiller
04-29-2010, 12:53 PM
Supremely overpaid/overrated WR + UDFA that exploded + 1st round pick that hasn't played in the NFL ever or since he was banned from college a year ago=

Definitely, definitely, definitely not better than the leading passing team consisting of THE BEST WR ON THE PLANET, the ultimate work hard guy Walter and the enigma Jones.

Throw in Witten. I'll throw in Daniels and call it a moot point.

LonerATO
04-29-2010, 01:00 PM
I know Bryant is very good but I am not sure about this.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/22/roy-williams-dez-bryant-gives-us-the-nfls-best-group-of-receivers/?related=1

Unfortunately no one told Roy that he wont be in Dallas much longer

HOU-TEX
04-29-2010, 01:19 PM
Save Roy, the cowboys offense appears to be in pretty good shape as long as Doug Free IS their answer at LT. Williams is actually the only thing I see wrong with their skill positions at this time. I don't think Romo's their franchise QB they think and want him to be, but if Dez doesn't go mental they'll be in good shape.

WWJD
04-29-2010, 05:01 PM
Unfortunately no one told Roy that he wont be in Dallas much longer

I think he's safe this year. Next year maybe not so much.

But then again there may not be NFL football next year. So I'll say the year after that.

Goldensilence
04-29-2010, 05:59 PM
Save Roy, the cowboys offense appears to be in pretty good shape as long as Doug Free IS their answer at LT. Williams is actually the only thing I see wrong with their skill positions at this time. I don't think Romo's their franchise QB they think and want him to be, but if Dez doesn't go mental they'll be in good shape.

What leads you to believe there is a chance Dez goes mental? I guess I just think the guy has received a lot of unfounded and unfair criticism.

As for Romo. He's the kind of QB that usually gets coaches fired. He plays real well at times and has obvious lapses at other times.

Then again, I think part of the problem is Garrett.

BigBull17
04-29-2010, 06:50 PM
I don't think Roy Williams could make our roster, truth be told.

gary
04-29-2010, 06:55 PM
He is not any better than JJ.

HOU-TEX
04-30-2010, 09:06 AM
What leads you to believe there is a chance Dez goes mental? I guess I just think the guy has received a lot of unfounded and unfair criticism.

As for Romo. He's the kind of QB that usually gets coaches fired. He plays real well at times and has obvious lapses at other times.

Then again, I think part of the problem is Garrett.

When I say "mental" I mean unable to handle pressure and the every day grind of the NFL. It can happen to any player entering the League, not just Dez. Geez

Texan_Bill
04-30-2010, 09:08 AM
Whatever. AJ and Walter are at least as good. Roy Williams is a joke, Bryant a rookie, and Miles Austin has only done it for one year. Im not convinced. I wouldn't take Roy Williams over JJ as the three. He is a huge waste of space and a huge mistake by the Cowboys.

Don't we have the number one passing offense in the league? Oh yeah, I think we do. Then you add in Ben Tate and Dorin Dickerson, who I think will be a surprise. And isn't Patrick Crayton and Sam Hurd on the trading block for the Cowboys now, anyway?

/End Thread

TEXANS84
04-30-2010, 10:25 AM

Yep, looks like the best to me.

No homerism here, Texans are close but not that good.

Blake
04-30-2010, 10:41 AM

I hear what you are saying, but the quote says wide outs not receiving corp.

I think they have a good set of guys. I think its funny that an underacheiver (since his Dallas days) like Roy is saying that.

At this point I would rank them like this.

1 Patriots
2 Cardinals
3a Texans
3b Cowboys
4 Saints
5 Eagles

TEXANS84
04-30-2010, 10:52 AM
I hear what you are saying, but the quote says wide outs not receiving corp.

I think they have a good set of guys. I think its funny that an underacheiver (since his Dallas days) like Roy is saying that.

At this point I would rank them like this.

1 Patriots
2 Cardinals
3a Texans
3b Cowboys
4 Saints
5 Eagles

I would have the Cowboys at 1
Saints at 2
Eagles at 3
Vikings at 4
Houston at 5 with Indy
Pats at 6

Cardinals? No Anquan Boldin and still 2?

Blake
04-30-2010, 10:57 AM
Saints at 2
Eagles at 3
Vikings at 4
Houston at 5 with Indy
Pats at 6

Cardinals? No Anquan Boldin and still 2?

I like Steve Breaston and Early Ducet alot.

WWJD
04-30-2010, 10:59 AM
I don't get the Pats at 1..Moss is aging but still a huge threat and Welker will be surgically repaired. Who knows how good he will be?

Colts should definitely be in there...they have a great set of receivers.

Blake
04-30-2010, 11:07 AM
I don't get the Pats at 1..Moss is aging but still a huge threat and Welker will be surgically repaired. Who knows how good he will be?

Colts should definitely be in there...they have a great set of receivers.

Everyone is going to have a different top 5 wide out teams. But I think most of the credit goes to Manning, and not Collie and Garcon. Altough like most I like Wayne on a professional level.

WWJD
04-30-2010, 11:15 AM
Everyone is going to have a different top 5 wide out teams. But I think most of the credit goes to Manning, and not Collie and Garcon. Altough like most I like Wayne on a professional level.

well Peyton is money but somebody's got to be catching his passes. They have an excellent set of receivers. I'm just surprised they weren't mentioned in some of the earlier posts.

Absolutely over the Eagles.

Blake
04-30-2010, 11:15 AM

Maybe not for long. lol

espn (http://twitter.com/espn)

WR Patrick Crayton stops working out with Dallas Cowboys, wants trade - http://tinyurl.com/2599z3z (http://tinyurl.com/2599z3z)

StarStruck
04-30-2010, 11:53 AM
Maybe not for long. lol

espn (http://twitter.com/espn)

WR Patrick Crayton stops working out with Dallas Cowboys, wants trade - http://tinyurl.com/2599z3z (http://tinyurl.com/2599z3z)

We'll be alright. We will lose some of the drama, but all is well.

HoustonFrog
04-30-2010, 12:39 PM
We'll be alright. We will lose some of the drama, but all is well.

In all fairness to Crayton, Ogletree is the best other WR they have at this time. From what my bro has heard around the stadium last year to this year, the guy could flourish. Watch out for him. People wanted him to play last year instead of Williams.

wagonhed
04-30-2010, 12:43 PM
The Chargers have to be in the running for this.

Also if you're just counting WRs and not TEs, Houston is far from spectacular. AJ is obviously the biggest part of it, but after him we have a bunch of guys that are solid contributors and not much more.

It's mostly OD that vaults us over teams like the Pats, Cards, and Vikings with mediocre TEs imo.

As far as best overall receiving corps, I'd probably go with Texans, Chargers, Colts, Saints, Cowboys as the top 5. Eagles probably as 6th.

b0ng
04-30-2010, 01:25 PM
Right now I'd have to put the Cowboys on top in terms of how many good targets they have. Before the Cards lost Q I'd have put them there.

Now what's interesting is who has the worst. Have you guys seen who Bradford is going to be throwing to on the Rams? Gotta feel sorry about that. I mean even Stafford had Megatron.