PDA

View Full Version : Lagarrette Blount

pokaholic777
04-24-2010, 05:17 PM
can we please get this guy as a UFA

mussop
04-24-2010, 05:30 PM
can we please get this guy as a UFA

Vikes got him. Obviously our crack staff thinks Tate is all we need.

Lucky
04-24-2010, 05:33 PM
The Texans need another back in camp. But, I'd look for a Slaton type as insurance. There's not enough difference in what Tate and Blount bring, in terms of running style.

Jackie Chiles
04-24-2010, 05:44 PM
The Texans need another back in camp. But, I'd look for a Slaton type as insurance. There's not enough difference in what Tate and Blount bring, in terms of running style.

Won't be surprised if they get a guy but Jeremiah Johnson should be healthy so we might be set.

JB
04-24-2010, 05:47 PM
As of now we have Tate, Slaton, Foster, Moats, Johnson & Henry

Do you think they bring in someone else?

Mike Kerns
04-24-2010, 06:24 PM
He's signed with the 49ers.

LikeMike
04-24-2010, 06:26 PM
The 49ers ain`t messing around this year! They will be a real hard knocks football team...

I think they, the Seahawks and maybe even the Raiders had the best draft.

TexansMVP
04-24-2010, 06:34 PM
I think they, the Seahawks and maybe even the Raiders had the best draft.

I had to do a double take when I saw the Raiders and good draft, but I have to agree. They definitely did a lot better than years past, and Bruce Campbell in the 4th was great value.

SF49erFaithful
04-24-2010, 07:34 PM
Did the Raiders have a good draft, or was it just so shocking that crazy Al didn't completely blow it that it seems that way? :bguitar:

mussop
04-24-2010, 08:53 PM
I said it before day three, the 49 ers are building that team the right way. They are going to be a bad ass team real soon. I sure as hell hope we dont have to play them in the next few years. I am very envious of them.

Blake
04-26-2010, 10:35 AM
espn (http://twitter.com/espn)

LeGarrette Blount agrees with Tennessee Titans after spurning San Francisco 49ers - http://tinyurl.com/2cuv4tk (http://tinyurl.com/2cuv4tk)

El Tejano
04-26-2010, 10:45 AM
This really sux.

BigBull17
04-26-2010, 11:24 AM
This guy is a peice of trash, and isn't worth the trouble he'll bring. No thanks.

Dutchrudder
04-28-2010, 01:21 PM
I'd love to see Pollard knock the piss out of this guy.

Goldensilence
04-28-2010, 03:55 PM
I'll love seeing Pollard knock the piss out of this guy.

Fixed.

gg no re
04-29-2010, 08:22 PM
Would've been nice to have a back that can punch it in.

steelbtexan
04-29-2010, 09:59 PM
I said it before day three, the 49 ers are building that team the right way. They are going to be a bad ass team real soon. I sure as hell hope we dont have to play them in the next few years. I am very envious of them.

Yep

I'm interested in seeing what A. Smith can do behind the revamped OL.

Gore should be a FF stud.

Napa Auto Parts
04-30-2010, 01:07 AM
Sad thing about this is we could of had Blount with a 7th rounder if the boise state inccident never happened this guy would of been a 1st rounder for sure.

HOU-TEX
04-30-2010, 09:09 AM
Sad thing about this is we could of had Blount with a 7th rounder if the boise state inccident never happened this guy would of been a 1st rounder for sure.

Nah, I think he was ranked as a mid-round player before going mental.

The Pencil Neck
04-30-2010, 09:32 AM
Nah, I think he was ranked as a mid-round player before going mental.

And there were already red-flags about the guy because of issues he had with his coaches.

Wolf6151
04-30-2010, 12:23 PM

It's amazing how other teams (SF, Miami, NY Jets, Atl, etc...) can rebuild a team in 1-2 yrs. and yet Kubiak and Co. have had 4 yrs. and can't get the job done.

infantrycak
04-30-2010, 12:34 PM
It's amazing how other teams (SF, Miami, NY Jets, Atl, etc...) can rebuild a team in 1-2 yrs. and yet Kubiak and Co. have had 4 yrs. and can't get the job done.

Yeah truly amazing that they got from 5-11 to 8-8 in 2 years. Kubiak could never have done that. Oh wait...

El Tejano
04-30-2010, 02:34 PM
And there were already red-flags about the guy because of issues he had with his coaches.

And once those red flags took football away from him, he complied with everything necessary to get football back.

BigBull17
04-30-2010, 02:42 PM
And once those red flags took football away from him, he complied with everything necessary to get football back.

Getting a guy with a character flaw is different than getting a bad person. Blount looks like Marshawn Lynch 2.0. No way no how no thanks.

steelbtexan
04-30-2010, 03:42 PM
Getting a guy with a character flaw is different than getting a bad person. Blount looks like Marshawn Lynch 2.0. No way no how no thanks.

Blount isn't half the RB Lynch is.

But they do have the same type character.

Not that having bad character keeps teams from winning Super Bowls.

BigBull17
04-30-2010, 04:19 PM
Blount isn't half the RB Lynch is.

But they do have the same type character.

Not that having bad character keeps teams from winning Super Bowls.

Having bad character also doesn't mean you will win the SB. Bengals will sign anyone, and they don't win shit.

J_R
08-18-2010, 09:23 PM
Sorry for bumping such an old thread :o

jwyattsports (http://twitter.com/jwyattsports)

#Titans (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Titans) RB LeGarrette Blount punched Titans DE Eric Bakhtiari in facemask at end of a physical practice. Flashback to Oregon-Boise St

Coach Jeff Fisher said blount apologized but he didn't need to.

Blount said he'd promised fisher it wouldn't happen again when he arrived but said his emotions got best of his tonight #titans (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23titans)

JB
08-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Sorry for bumping such an old thread :o

#Titans (http://twitter.com/search?q=%23Titans) RB LeGarrette Blount punched Titans DE Eric Bakhtiari in facemask at end of a physical practice. Flashback to Oregon-Boise St

Coach Jeff Fisher said blount apologized but he didn't need to.

Thug?

PapaL
08-18-2010, 09:34 PM
Who DOESN'T wanna punch a Titan in the grill?

He should be a Texan.

THE NFL
08-18-2010, 09:37 PM
Not a thug.. he just has anger issues. He is a high motor guy. Its the NFL now. I think he will be ok as long as he can channel that to his performance on the field.

JB
08-18-2010, 09:38 PM

He should be a Texan.

I will go ahead and say it for TB...

Make the world a better place
Punch a Titan in the face!

rmartin65
08-18-2010, 09:45 PM
Not a thug.. he just has anger issues. He is a high motor guy. Its the NFL now. I think he will be ok as long as he can channel that to his performance on the field.

Really? Making a habit of punching people in the face is not thug worthy? Interesting...

I will go out and say this is better than beating his woman, grandfather-in-law, etc.

JB
08-18-2010, 09:49 PM

:lol: Is that like a mean drunk? He's really a nice guy, unless you make him angry? Sounds like the Hulk. Does he turn green too?

JB
08-18-2010, 09:50 PM
Really? Making a habit of punching people in the face is not thug worthy? Interesting...

I will go out and say this is better than beating his woman, grandfather-in-law, etc.

That comes later.

hot pickle
08-18-2010, 09:52 PM
its training camp! even a classy player can let his emotions get the best of him when hes doing two a days in 100 degree weather

JB
08-18-2010, 09:57 PM
its training camp! even a classy player can let his emotions get the best of him when hes doing two a days in 100 degree weather

Not when you went undrafted because of the same type of stupidity...

What's gonna happen in a game situation and someone decides to get an easy pf called in a critical situation?

GP
08-18-2010, 10:32 PM
Having bad character also doesn't mean you will win the SB. Bengals will sign anyone, and they don't win shit.

Preach it.

Signing TO will bite them in the butt. He pollutes every team he's on.

He should have retired after the Eagles because that was his last big moment in the NFL. Wherever he goes, teams suck soon afterward.

mexican_texan
08-18-2010, 10:33 PM

He should be a Texan.
Yeah, LeGarrette Blount joins a list of people I owe a beer to.

Lucky
08-18-2010, 10:35 PM
THE NFL loves him some Titans.

Hey, it's OK to be a fan of another team and post here. I think it's better to be open about it, though.

I liked Blount's running style and was hoping the Texans would take a mid round flyer on him (maybe they would have had he played TE). But after they drafted Tate, I thought Blount would be redundant. Now, I'm wishing the Texans had been redundant.

The Pencil Neck
08-18-2010, 11:04 PM
Now, I'm wishing the Texans had been redundant.

Ahhh, HA!

Coming over to my side on the RB drafting issue.

THE NFL
08-19-2010, 12:13 AM
I am open about it. You arent looking.

So now punching makes you a thug?

I guess it does when you are on the OTHER team. Remember last seasons Texans Titans game. There were alot more Texans punching that Titans.

The kid is high strung and may have anger issues. I would much rather he be like that than easy going , no fire got my payday screw you players who could actually care less whether the team wins or loses.

If he gets into trouble or sucks, he will get cut. No harm. But he has incredible tools and was worth the risk. This is then kinda of flyers the Texans will have to learn to start taking if they want to be a great team.

Bengals dont win ?? Really? Did you sleep thru last season? The Bengals are for real in 2010.

JB
08-19-2010, 12:52 AM

I guess it does when you are on the OTHER team. Remember last seasons Texans Titans game. There were alot more Texans punching that Titans.

The kid is high strung and may have anger issues. I would much rather he be like that than easy going , no fire got my payday screw you players who could actually care less whether the team wins or loses.

If he gets into trouble or sucks, he will get cut. No harm. But he has incredible tools and was worth the risk. This is then kinda of flyers the Texans will have to learn to start taking if they want to be a great team.

Bengals dont win ?? Really? Did you sleep thru last season? The Bengals are for real in 2010.

:spit: I envy you your dream world.

IDEXAN
08-19-2010, 06:48 AM
So far looks like Blount is only into interracial fighting ? Atleast that's
the only kind that seem to be documented ?

rmartin65
08-19-2010, 07:50 AM

Yes, sucker punching a guy makes you a thug. A legit fight, face to face, thats fine. But when a guy does not know what is coming and you clean his clock, that is thuggery.

BigBull17
08-20-2010, 12:50 PM

What do they win? I don't recall a championship banner in their house. I don't remember the last time they won a play off game.

Ole Miss Texan
08-20-2010, 01:58 PM
LOL Blount is a joke.

beerlover
08-20-2010, 03:47 PM
LOL Blount is a joke.

not a joke if your facing him in the ring :aggressive:

I'll bet he is out of the league & into MMA two years from now :runaway:

bah007
08-20-2010, 04:03 PM
not a joke if your facing him in the ring :aggressive:

I'll bet he is out of the league & into MMA two years from now :runaway:

Then again, maybe he is always throwing the first punch because he can't take one...

Texan_Bill
08-20-2010, 04:28 PM
Just heard on the radio that it was reported Blount got into a scrap during spring workouts (at Oregon)and took a swing at Jarius Byrd (I think that's who they said) anywho, apparently he missed but hit his coach Mike Belloti who was attempting to break them up..

Okay, so you have that incident
The Boise State asshattery
and most recently the Tennessee incident.

Thug definitely applies.

I'll attempt to find a link after I get home.

Texecutioner
08-20-2010, 05:03 PM
The Bengals are for real in 2010.

And what makes you think this?

They've got one of the most talented teams in the league and I'll give you that, but they threw all caution to the wind this off season with the trash they brought in there that will disrupt their locker room. This isn't some Madden game where you can just put in guys with high rankings. TO and Chad together will both have problems with Carson Palmer when both of them are bitching about how they're always open. The signing of TO probably will stop Shipley from getting to play as much as he should. This team has more spoiled apples than the Cowboys had a few years ago and that team imploded big time. Marvin Lewis has already proven he couldn't handle a team with even less trouble makers as well. He's already lost that locker room before. THere is no telling how little control he might have by the end of the season especially when the owner doesn't apply discipline to the players over there.

THE NFL
08-20-2010, 05:08 PM
Punching someone whether sucker or not doesnt make you a thug. Sorry, but nice try at trying to label someone.

I am not sure about the race comment or why it was needed, but I will alert the folks in Vidor for you.

Whats it makes him is a punk maybe, but lets not just start throwing out labels that arent true.

If Blount is a thug, I guess Cushing is a criminal? Right?

Blounts sucker punch was a punk ass move, but that doesnt make him a thug. He did his punishment. This incident in practice isnt even close to the same things. IN fact it wasnt even a punch. It was an forearm. Its a non issue, but if you wish to make it one.. go right ahead.

beerlover
08-20-2010, 05:12 PM
Then again, maybe he is always throwing the first punch because he can't take one...

R U volunteering? sensing a youtube moment :spit:

Texan_Bill
08-20-2010, 05:52 PM
And what makes you think this?

They've got one of the most talented teams in the league and I'll give you that, but they threw all caution to the wind this off season with the trash they brought in there that will disrupt their locker room. This isn't some Madden game where you can just put in guys with high rankings. TO and Chad together will both have problems with Carson Palmer when both of them are bitching about how they're always open. The signing of TO probably will stop Shipley from getting to play as much as he should. This team has more spoiled apples than the Cowboys had a few years ago and that team imploded big time. Marvin Lewis has already proven he couldn't handle a team with even less trouble makers as well. He's already lost that locker room before. THere is no telling how little control he might have by the end of the season especially when the owner doesn't apply discipline to the players over there.

This has train wreck written all over it!! :popcorn:

Texan_Bill
08-20-2010, 10:51 PM
Punching someone whether sucker or not doesnt make you a thug. Sorry, but nice try at trying to label someone.

I am not sure about the race comment or why it was needed, but I will alert the folks in Vidor for you.

Whats it makes him is a punk maybe, but lets not just start throwing out labels that arent true.

If Blount is a thug, I guess Cushing is a criminal? Right?

Blounts sucker punch was a punk ass move, but that doesnt make him a thug. He did his punishment. This incident in practice isnt even close to the same things. IN fact it wasnt even a punch. It was an forearm. Its a non issue, but if you wish to make it one.. go right ahead.

:ok: Mister, master definition guy!!!

4 incidents within the last yrear and a half!!!!!!!!!!!

Blount is a thug piece o' shit!!!

THUG!

Texecutioner
08-20-2010, 10:55 PM
:ok: Mister, master definition guy!!!

4 incidents within the last yrear and a half!!!!!!!!!!!

Blount is a thug piece o' shit!!!

THUG!

Cosign.

It's one thing when a guy gets into an incident at a bar where possibly other patrons started up with him and he had to finish it, but when you have that many incidents including multiple ones with your teammates, it's not hard to call a spade a spade. Blount is scum.

Texecutioner
08-20-2010, 10:57 PM
This has train wreck written all over it!! :popcorn:

Honestly I think they'll start pretty good out the gate, but wait until about week 10 when certain injuries start mounting up and certain struggles that happening, and that's when I see a lot of termoil happening. Way to much scum that just got signed to this team for it not to implode. I've got my popcorn ready, that's for sure. :)

THE NFL
08-20-2010, 11:04 PM
Any team has train wreck written all over it. Teams are all full of egos.

The Bengals will be just fine.

Ok..Blount is a thug and Cushing a criminal. I'm ok with that.

JB
08-20-2010, 11:15 PM
Any team has train wreck written all over it. Teams are all full of egos.

The Bengals will be just fine.

Ok..Blount is a thug and Cushing a criminal. I'm ok with that.

Criminal? What law did he break? NFL Rules? OK. Laws? Show me!

You are coming across as a troll. Don't be a stupid troll.

THE NFL
08-21-2010, 12:55 AM
Im not a troll...

What law? Drug Possession without a prescription. If he had a presciption he would have said so. So one is to assume he did so without a prescription.

Right? Thats a crime.

The Pencil Neck
08-21-2010, 01:43 AM
Im not a troll...

What law? Drug Possession without a prescription. If he had a presciption he would have said so. So one is to assume he did so without a prescription.

Right? Thats a crime.

Maybe, maybe not.

If he was injecting hCG (which isn't totally proven at this point), it is against the law to be in possession of it.

BUT... as many steroid users know, there's nothing illegal about having hCG (or anabolic steroids for that matter) IN your body. It's only illegal to possess them. So, you can always go down to Mexico, buy and take your drugs there, and then come back to the States, and everything is legal.

It's only against the rules of the NFL to have elevated hCG levels (regardless of how they were elevated), it's not against the law.

Lucky
08-21-2010, 01:57 AM
You are coming across as a troll. Don't be a stupid troll.
Let's not start that. If you feel like a poster is trolling, don't respond. If you must respond, stay on topic.

playa465
08-21-2010, 05:23 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUG2SqGuutQ

Blount seems to let his emotions get the best of him...that leads to me to think that he would be subject to making a mental error during a crucial moment...I don't think he is a thug though...on a side note: Isn't there a new rule this year that says when a runner's helmet comes off the play is supposed to be whistled dead immediately?

The1ApplePie
08-21-2010, 10:23 AM
I see it more a goonery than thuggery

I wouldn't be offended if my big power back was willing to take a punch at a guy.

Being an aggressive player isn't a bad thing

Lucky
08-21-2010, 11:41 AM
...on a side note: Isn't there a new rule this year that says when a runner's helmet comes off the play is supposed to be whistled dead immediately?
Yes. Apparently, they have received the news in Bugtussle, just yet.