PDA

View Full Version : Undrafted Free Agents

rmartin65
04-24-2010, 05:29 PM
List all info here please. I think it would be best if we had a thread pertaining to all the action.

LikeMike
04-24-2010, 05:37 PM
Id like to take a look at:

QB Jevean Snead
HB Lagarette Blount
OT Adam Ulatoski
OG Sergio Render
DT Vince Oghobaase
CB Donovan Warren
K Leigh Tiffin

V3rm0nt3r
04-24-2010, 05:51 PM
Blair White WR Michigan State

I'd like to see him brought in.

SteveSlaton20
04-24-2010, 05:54 PM
QB Max Hall
RB LaGarette Blount
WR Blair White
OT Tony Washington
DE Brandon Lang
DB Donovan Warren
K Hunter Lawrence / Leigh Tiffin

V3rm0nt3r
04-24-2010, 06:00 PM
As much as it pains me to say it Blount won't be brought in (can you imagine all the fun we'd have with that name). McNair doesn't mess around with questionable character.

Maddict5
04-24-2010, 06:21 PM
stafon johnson signed with the tacks

rmartin65
04-24-2010, 06:21 PM
http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/p/2010-nfl-undrafted-free-agents.html

Sorry guys, the Vikes got Blount. We got a safety from Cincy.

JB
04-24-2010, 06:24 PM
When will official notifications come out?

Pollardized
04-24-2010, 06:28 PM
Hmmm, that list may not be too accurate. I saw a few TE's on there. That seems impossible because everyone knows the Texans draft every TE available in rounds 1-7.

Bogus list!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mussop
04-24-2010, 06:29 PM
Id like to take a look at:

QB Jevean Snead
HB Lagarette Blount
OT Adam Ulatoski
OG Sergio Render
DT Vince Oghobaase
CB Donovan Warren
K Leigh Tiffin

I want them all.

LonerATO
04-24-2010, 06:36 PM
Buccs got Snead

rmartin65
04-24-2010, 06:37 PM
The website above is now saying Blount did not go to the Vikes. Stay tuned.

Texans have signed Cincy SS Aaron Webster, and Northwestern State FB Isiaih Greenhouse (5th rated small school FB on my list)

LonerATO
04-24-2010, 06:39 PM
The website above is now saying Blount did not go to the Vikes. Stay tuned.

Texans have signed Cincy SS Aaron Webster, and Northwestern State FB Isiaih Greenhouse (5th rated small school FB on my list)

SS but no FS?

Thorn
04-24-2010, 06:40 PM
SS but no FS?

Maybe it's a typeo.

rmartin65
04-24-2010, 06:41 PM
Maybe it's a typeo.

Nope, he played FS, but does not have the speed for it. He will be a SS in the pros.

rmartin65
04-24-2010, 07:02 PM
It seems like the Texans lock onto certain positions. I am reading that they just signed Rutgers FB Jack Corcoran

painekiller
04-24-2010, 07:17 PM
Texans (http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/p/2010-nfl-undrafted-free-agents.html)
Aaron Webster, S, Cinci
Isiaih Greenhouse, FB, NW St.
Jack Corcoran, FB, Rutgers

LonerATO
04-24-2010, 07:41 PM
Blount signed with the 49ers

SteveSlaton20
04-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Texans
Aaron Webster, S, Cinci
Kristian Matte, OL, Concordia
Tyler Sheehan, QB, Bowling Green
Adam Ulatoski, OL, Texas

JB
04-24-2010, 07:47 PM
Texans
Aaron Webster, S, Cinci
Adam Ulatoski, OL, Texas

link?

Maddict5
04-24-2010, 07:48 PM

JB
04-24-2010, 07:50 PM

That is unconfirmed and no more valid than if slatonisabeast posted it

ArlingtonTexan
04-24-2010, 07:52 PM
link?

All of these are coming from the link posted earlier in the thread

Thorn
04-24-2010, 07:53 PM

LOL. Give the boy a chance.

Maddict5
04-24-2010, 07:53 PM

fine- wait for 4 days and the chron will tell you. :)

you finding the list a little unrealistic or something? go to draftbible (that is if thats credible enough for you of course)

JB
04-24-2010, 07:55 PM
fine- wait for 4 days and the chron will tell you. :)

you finding the list a little unrealistic or something? go to draftbible (that is if thats credible enough for you of course)

Nope, just wanting the info that it was unconfirmed out there. When someone posts like that with no link, I want to know where it is coming from. And the first sentence at that site says it is unconfirmed.

Maybe slatonisabeast did write it... I've seen his posts on other site that shows he can spell

IBleedTexans
04-24-2010, 07:58 PM

If siab Postted we wood neber b aybull 2 weed it

JB
04-24-2010, 08:01 PM
If siab Postted we wood neber b aybull 2 weed it

:lol: damn I must be getting drunk! I almost understood that

Giant Tiger
04-24-2010, 08:09 PM
Texans
Aaron Webster, S, Cinci
Adam Ulatoski, OL, Texas

Is that Concordia in Montreal?

LonerATO
04-24-2010, 08:35 PM
Is that Concordia in Montreal?
Yes

Concordia (CAN) fourth-year offensive lineman Kristian Matte is receiving a private workout with the Houston Texans as a possible convert from OT/OG to center. He's a better-than-expected athlete for a Canadian kid, having run in the 5.2 range, 31" vertical and mid-20's on the bench at about 6030, 290 pounds.

LonerATO
04-24-2010, 08:53 PM
Damn dagger in the heart with Kevin Matthews heading to the Titans

Hottoddie
04-24-2010, 08:58 PM
What is up with our obsession with tight ends? We signed another one.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d817c634a&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Tight end
Richard Dickson, LSU
Steve Maneri, Temple: Houston Texans (Source: Chicago Tribune)
Jeron Mastrud, Kansas State
Nathan Overbay, Eastern Washington
Michael Palmer, Clemson

4Texans
04-24-2010, 09:01 PM
Damn dagger in the heart with Kevin Matthews heading to the Titans

Yep, he's going to be working with Munchak, instead of his Dad.

rmartin65
04-24-2010, 09:05 PM
Why the hell would another TE sign? No way he makes the roster.

LonerATO
04-24-2010, 09:08 PM

He is listed as a tackle even though he is underweight

03/23/2010 - PRO DAY RESULTS: There were 17 NFL teams at Temple on Thursday, March 18, and it's a testament to head coach Al Golden and his rejuvanated program. Every kid worked out like his football future was at stake and the effort was phenomenal. There were 31 kids working out, representing several colleges and universities. Here is a look at the notable prospects: TE Steve Maneri is a tough kid with average speed (4.84 seconds in the 40), and measureables. - Mike Mayock, NFL.com

rmartin65
04-24-2010, 09:10 PM

03/23/2010 - PRO DAY RESULTS: There were 17 NFL teams at Temple on Thursday, March 18, and it's a testament to head coach Al Golden and his rejuvanated program. Every kid worked out like his football future was at stake and the effort was phenomenal. There were 31 kids working out, representing several colleges and universities. Here is a look at the notable prospects: TE Steve Maneri is a tough kid with average speed (4.84 seconds in the 40), and measureables. - Mike Mayock, NFL.com

Hmm.. Interesting.

LonerATO
04-24-2010, 09:17 PM
I would still like the Texans to pickup

Rafael Priest, CB, TCU
Anderson Russell, FS, Ohio State

Hottoddie
04-24-2010, 09:38 PM

Here's a couple more paragraphs from that article. He looks like he's been signed to fill the role Hill was supposed to fill. Is Hill worse off than any of us know?

Anyone know how he actually held up blocking E.J. Wilson?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/archive/1130556?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

02/04/2010 - Texas vs. the Nation, Wednesday: Temple tight end Steve Maneri was added to the roster Wednesday. He was a strong blocker for the Owls, and potentially could move to tackle because of his 6-6, 280-pound frame, marginal quickness and top-end speed. However, his strength on the edge was tested by North Carolina end E.J. Wilson - who had successfully bull-rushed nearly every other pass protector into the pocket this week. - Chad Reuter, The SportsXchange, NFLDraftScout.com

12/04/2009 - 2009 ALL-MAC THIRD TEAM: Tight End - Steve Maneri, Temple, has been selected to the Mid-American Conference Third Team for the 2009 college football season. Team captain Maneri started all 12 games at tight end. Mostly blocking on the line, he added 11 receptions for 108 yards and a six-yard touchdown catch against Army. - Temple football

rmartin65
04-24-2010, 09:47 PM
He seems like a guy that will make the team if he impresses. 4th OT and 20th TE on the team. Or just as a TE is Hill has not recovered.

Hottoddie
04-24-2010, 09:56 PM
It looks like we can scratch one TE off the list & add one WR. I was wondering if this might happen.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=2

Texans | Dorin Dickerson to be used at WR
Comment (0)
Sat, 24 Apr 2010 14:03:55 -0400

Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak said the team will be using TE Dorin Dickerson at wide receiver, according to the Houston Chronicle's John McClain.

kiwitexansfan
04-24-2010, 11:41 PM
Nobody ever heard of camp bodies.

If all our established TEs are coming off injuries, you need someone to lighten their load in camp.

painekiller
04-25-2010, 12:02 AM
link?

link (http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/p/2010-nfl-undrafted-free-agents.html)

mussop
04-25-2010, 01:25 AM
Nobody ever heard of camp bodies.

If all our established TEs are coming off injuries, you need someone to lighten their load in camp.

Yeh that is what UFA's are for not draft picks.

Austrian
04-25-2010, 01:44 AM
Steve Maneri! Keep your eyes on him!

TexCanada
04-25-2010, 01:54 AM
Looks like Joique Bell signed with the Bills. You guys probably already new that.

mexican_texan
04-25-2010, 02:18 AM
Looks like Joique Bell signed with the Bills. You guys probably already new that.

That's a pretty lame attempt at a Joique.

barrett
04-25-2010, 02:30 AM
no... that is.

LonerATO
04-25-2010, 07:18 AM
Another CSU player added Cole Pemberton, OT and so far UDFA wise this team has four linemen already. I hope they can get a center out of at least one of these guys.

mexican_texan
04-25-2010, 12:39 PM
That's pretty insulting. 3 or so CSU guys so far and none of them with the initials KK.

Lucky
04-25-2010, 01:09 PM
Team captain Maneri started all 12 games at tight end.

The only quality more desired by the Texans than the position of tight end, was the player's status as team captain. Here are some addition "captains" the Texans might be looking at as UDFAs:

http://www.marketingshift.com/images/captainblog.gif

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c81/tm5ive/love_boat.jpg

http://www.stuckinthe70s.com/images/captennille.jpg

I'm telling you the guy's nothing without Tennile.

kiwitexansfan
04-25-2010, 01:28 PM
Yeh that is what UFA's are for not draft picks.

The drafted players are a WR project and a player who will be on the roster because 3 of our TE from last year are coming off major injuries.

Goldensilence
04-25-2010, 01:37 PM
The only quality more desired by the Texans than the position of tight end, was the player's status as team captain. Here are some addition "captains" the Texans might be looking at as UDFAs:

Captain Morgan FTW!

painekiller
04-25-2010, 03:56 PM

They only had one healthy TE that can practice next week. They have to have at least 4 TEs healthy to practice two TE sets.

Daniels will not be cleared to practice with the team until late preseason, Dreessen is also rehabbing hos shoulder right now and Hill is rehabbing his knee. So that leaves Casey as the lone TE, prior to Friday.

kiwitexansfan
04-25-2010, 04:00 PM
link (http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/p/2010-nfl-undrafted-free-agents.html)

Trey Stross, WR, Iowa
Aaron Webster, S, Cinci
Mitch Unrein, DE, Wyoming
Adam Ulatoski, OL, Texas
Steve Maneri, OT/TE, Temple
Cole Pemberton, OT, CSU
London Crawford, WR, Arkansas
Pierre Singfield, CB, Arizona St.
Will Patterson, LB, Indiana

List is getting bigger...

rmartin65
04-25-2010, 04:37 PM
Trey Stross, WR, Iowa
Aaron Webster, S, Cinci
Adam Ulatoski, OL, Texas
Cole Pemberton, OT, CSU

List is getting bigger...

Thats nice to see... It is a lot of players that I have limited knowledge about, so I cant give a good opinion.

As a side note, the Skins took Kubiak's kid.

rmartin65
04-25-2010, 05:43 PM
According to nepatriotsdraft:

Trey Stross, WR, Iowa
Nick Polk, WR, Indiana
Aaron Webster, S, Cinci
Adam Ulatoski, OL, Texas
Cole Pemberton, OT, CSU

Nick Polk is really a FS. I am actually excited about that pickup, he might make the team. This years rookie camp should be entertaining to say the least.

awtysst
04-25-2010, 06:16 PM
Thats nice to see... It is a lot of players that I have limited knowledge about, so I cant give a good opinion.

As a side note, the Skins took Kubiak's kid.

I don't think Gary could have taken his own kid it would have SCREAMED of nepotism. Instead his buddy Shanny takes him. Isn't it nice to be well connected in the world?!

awtysst
04-25-2010, 06:18 PM
According to nepatriotsdraft:

Trey Stross, WR, Iowa
Nick Polk, WR, Indiana
Aaron Webster, S, Cinci
Adam Ulatoski, OL, Texas
Cole Pemberton, OT, CSU

Nick Polk is really a FS. I am actually excited about that pickup, he might make the team. This years rookie camp should be entertaining to say the least.

I am excited to see last year's #7 Troy Nolan. I think he was an absolute steal at the end of last year's draft. I really think he has what it takes to be our FS. I hope he can become primary depth at FS this year and then transition to main guy next year or so.

Jackie Chiles
04-25-2010, 06:38 PM
I don't think Gary could have taken his own kid it would have SCREAMED of nepotism. Instead his buddy Shanny takes him. Isn't it nice to be well connected in the world?!

Exactly, same reason Matthews is on the Titans.

TheRealJoker
04-25-2010, 08:38 PM
Excited to see a Hawkeye on the list (Trey Stross). Although I don't think he's got a shot at making the team given all the talent we have at WR.

I go to school near Iowa and catch all their games. He's 6'4" 200, a poor man's Kevin Walter. He was the # 3 WR for Iowa last season.

WolverineFan
04-25-2010, 09:22 PM
Too bad we couldn't get Donovan Warren. The Jets signed him about 5 mins after the draft ended.

He would be in a good spot on a roster like ours and could compete for playing time immediately. Even if his "speed issues" became a problem he has the size and physicality to make a transition to FS, which is also a need for us. I thought he would be a great pickup as an UDFA since he should have been drafted by the 4th round at worst. It's a crime he didn't get drafted.

texasguy346
04-25-2010, 11:46 PM
Blount signed with the 49ers

Blount backed out of his contract with the 49ers and signed with the Titans. Looks like they may have found their replacement for Len'Whale' White.

link (http://twitter.com/RavensInsider/status/12849722497)

painekiller
04-27-2010, 04:40 AM
Too bad we couldn't get Donovan Warren. The Jets signed him about 5 mins after the draft ended.

He would be in a good spot on a roster like ours and could compete for playing time immediately. Even if his "speed issues" became a problem he has the size and physicality to make a transition to FS, which is also a need for us. I thought he would be a great pickup as an UDFA since he should have been drafted by the 4th round at worst. It's a crime he didn't get drafted.

He hurt his ankle twice since the end of the season, it was rumored that he might need surgery on the ankle, guess there might be something to that . (don't remember where I read that, so no link).

threetoedpete
04-27-2010, 09:44 AM
What is up with our obsession with tight ends? We signed another one.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d817c634a&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Tight end
Richard Dickson, LSU
Steve Maneri, Temple: Houston Texans (Source: Chicago Tribune)
Jeron Mastrud, Kansas State
Nathan Overbay, Eastern Washington
Michael Palmer, Clemson

From National Football Post.

Steve Maneri TE, Temple
NFP Grade: 5.8

Scouting Report:
Steve Maneri: No. 86, TE/OL, 6-6, 275

A tall, long-armed tight end who carries his weight well and does a nice job of quickly getting into opposing linemen in the run game, Maneri displays good flexibility in his stance, keeps his base down into blocks and works his legs well through contact. He plays with impressive leverage for his size and has the lower body strength to drive defenders off the ball. He looks coordinated extending his arms into blocks and delivering a compact punch on the outside. He possesses natural coordination and body control when asked to reach a defender at the second level and does a nice job breaking down in space and quickly getting his feet around the target. He consistently is able to win his battles at the point of attack and overpower/seal defensive ends on contact.

Maneri is one of the better blocking tight ends in the country and can be absolutely dominant at times. But he isn't explosive out of his stance in the pass game and takes a while to get into his routes. He strides his way down field and lacks any kind of burst to his game. He isn't a sudden route runner and has a tendency to lean into his breaks when changing directions. He showcases a good feel for the underneath pass game and does a nice job of using his body to box out linebackers from the play. He isn't sure-handed and struggles to reel in the football on contact. Maneri is a big, coordinated tight end prospect who grades out high as a blocker and might even be a guy who could add 30 pounds to his frame and make his way to offensive tackle. But he'll find a spot on an NFL roster because of his ability to win in the run game.

Grade: 5.8

smells to me like we drafted a future OLT for the ZBS.

dalemurphy
04-27-2010, 10:41 AM
From National Football Post.

Steve Maneri TE, Temple
NFP Grade: 5.8

Scouting Report:
Steve Maneri: No. 86, TE/OL, 6-6, 275

A tall, long-armed tight end who carries his weight well and does a nice job of quickly getting into opposing linemen in the run game, Maneri displays good flexibility in his stance, keeps his base down into blocks and works his legs well through contact. He plays with impressive leverage for his size and has the lower body strength to drive defenders off the ball. He looks coordinated extending his arms into blocks and delivering a compact punch on the outside. He possesses natural coordination and body control when asked to reach a defender at the second level and does a nice job breaking down in space and quickly getting his feet around the target. He consistently is able to win his battles at the point of attack and overpower/seal defensive ends on contact.

Maneri is one of the better blocking tight ends in the country and can be absolutely dominant at times. But he isn't explosive out of his stance in the pass game and takes a while to get into his routes. He strides his way down field and lacks any kind of burst to his game. He isn't a sudden route runner and has a tendency to lean into his breaks when changing directions. He showcases a good feel for the underneath pass game and does a nice job of using his body to box out linebackers from the play. He isn't sure-handed and struggles to reel in the football on contact. Maneri is a big, coordinated tight end prospect who grades out high as a blocker and might even be a guy who could add 30 pounds to his frame and make his way to offensive tackle. But he'll find a spot on an NFL roster because of his ability to win in the run game.

Grade: 5.8

smells to me like we drafted a future OLT for the ZBS.

Maybe, but also, he may simply be the blocking TE we were looking for last season when we drafted Anthony Hill.

beerlover
04-27-2010, 10:48 AM
Maybe, but also, he may simply be the blocking TE we were looking for last season when we drafted Anthony Hill.

true that I don't think the Texans like it when players can't make the field. Both Hill & Molden maybe toast :lightning:

dalemurphy
04-27-2010, 11:13 AM
true that I don't think the Texans like it when players can't make the field. Both Hill & Molden maybe toast :lightning:

I'm still quite optimistic about Molden. After all, Molden looked great as a rookie until that major injury to the ankle. It's not uncommon to struggle with other injuries the first year returning from major injury. If he's healthy in the preseason, I think he'll get the benefit of the doubt.

Seor Stan
04-27-2010, 11:21 AM

You forgot

http://www.thesunblog.com/sports/archives/captain%20crunch.gif

http://markginnebaugh.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/captain-kirk.jpg

http://www.pollsb.com/photos/o/39150-captain_kangaroo.jpg

kiwitexansfan
04-28-2010, 12:03 PM
http://markginnebaugh.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/captain-kirk.jpg

Really excited about Captain Kirk, not only would he auto-win, he'd walk off with the opponents cheerleaders.... all of them.

badboy
04-28-2010, 12:37 PM

I'm telling you the guy's nothing without Tennile.He did play with the Beach Boys.

Insideop
04-29-2010, 01:35 AM
I'm still quite optimistic about Molden. After all, Molden looked great as a rookie until that major injury to the ankle. It's not uncommon to struggle with other injuries the first year returning from major injury. If he's healthy in the preseason, I think he'll get the benefit of the doubt.

I'm with ya on this dm. I liked the Molden pick a lot back in 08 and thought he'd be a very good CB for us. Now, with the crowded CB position, he may be a target to move to FS. He certainly has the size to make the transition (6'1"/202 lbs). But either way, whether he stays at CB or moves to FS, I just hope he can stay healthy and be productive.

TexansFanatic
04-29-2010, 04:17 PM
http://meio.blog.br/sitio/files/DeadPoetsSociety.jpg
O Captain! My Captain!