PDA

View Full Version : WTF picks !!!

Norg
04-24-2010, 03:37 PM
-why did we get two tight ends when we got two te last year????

- LB ok yeah not a strong need

- a guard or depth in guard is like 7 players our depth in tackles is like 3 players yeah we should have went tackle ESP when our divison beefed up it's de and dt

we needed IMO a FS a Fb and maybe another QB prospect

Second Honeymoon
04-24-2010, 04:11 PM
Today was an epic fail
how many TEs do they need?
Isn't that 5 or 6 in 3 years

but at least we got a bunch of eagle scouts
I guess I am not smart enough to comprehend their way of thinking

if they have troubles in their interior line or at FS
Rick and Gary need to go away forever
embarassing 3rd day

m5kwatts
04-24-2010, 04:28 PM
Today was an epic fail

embarassing 3rd day

Bingo.

Wolf
04-24-2010, 04:28 PM
one TE is going to be a WR per kubiak

texasguy346
04-24-2010, 04:29 PM
Dickerson is going to play WR not TE. With his size speed combination he looks like a serious weapon out of the slot.

Mailman
04-24-2010, 04:33 PM
Today was an epic fail

embarassing 3rd day

Do you ever not *****? You are such a complainer.

I feel better knowing SH is not happy.

EXCELLENT DRAFT SMITHIAK!!!

JB
04-24-2010, 04:38 PM
Today was an epic fail

embarassing 3rd day

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx307/TexanJB/smileys/bsflag.gif?t=1272145067

Brisco_County
04-24-2010, 04:46 PM
The best teams are built by drafting BPA's more often than need players. Andre Johnson is a good example of that.

Evaluating the draft as soon as it's over is almost an exercise in futility (if not for truly entertaining WTF picks like Oakland does most years). Our frame of reference comes from sports media, and we mistake them for gurus who speak universal truth, when in reality they don't intimately understand the needs or philosophies of scouts and GM's of each team, or when those teams can risk taking a BPA.

Until game day, there's little room for criticism of any of these picks. And if you don't believe me, I'll have Connor Barwin come over there and break your ribs.

LonerATO
04-24-2010, 04:46 PM
-why did we get two tight ends when we got two te last year????

- LB ok yeah not a strong need

- a guard or depth in guard is like 7 players our depth in tackles is like 3 players yeah we should have went tackle ESP when our divison beefed up it's de and dt

we needed IMO a FS a Fb and maybe another QB prospect

I've said it before and I will say it again that I want Jarrett Brown from WVU as a QB

Maddict5
04-24-2010, 04:47 PM
Bingo.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx307/TexanJB/smileys/bsflag.gif?t=1272145067

2 lol's in 5 posts. good stuff guys!:bravo:

euro-Texan
04-24-2010, 05:03 PM
I liked our picks across the board. I was listening to NFL radio on Sirius and got some good feedback, sounds like our 2nd CB is really a pro FS and one of our TE's is a WR. I question a 5-5 returner though. He's gonna get hurt out there with the big boys.

rmartin65
04-24-2010, 05:06 PM
I liked our picks across the board. I was listening to NFL radio on Sirius and got some good feedback, sounds like our 2nd CB is really a pro FS and one of our TE's is a WR. I question a 5-5 returner though. He's gonna get hurt out there with the big boys.

Yes, no, and maybe.

Yes: Dickerson is a receiver

No: Kubiak said the 2nd corner is going to be a corner, not a safety. They seem very confident in Wilson and Barber.

Maybe: Holliday does not have a history of injuries at all. Some people are just tough, it happens.

ObsiWan
04-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Today was an epic fail

embarassing 3rd day

How about 3-4 HEALTHY ones

GP summed it up best

OD - coming off major surgery
Dreesen - coming of shoulder surgery
Hill - coming of major injury, basically a rookie
Casey - filled in averagely last year, not spectacular

Thats not a strength for our team

I see the Graham pick as insurance in case one or more of the three guys coming off surgery don't come back at 100%.
Since Kubiak said he'd be a WR, I see Dickerson as a big red zone target.

so there's method to the madness if, as a wise man said earlier today, you slow down and think about it

Texan JBZ
04-24-2010, 05:44 PM
I was kind of pissed after the draft, especially with the TE selection. But after I thought about it, I was pissed off after last year's draft too. I mean, who in the hell were Glover Quin and Brice McCain? Turns out, Smithiak knows a lot more about what they are doing than any of us realize.

GNTLEWOLF
04-24-2010, 07:24 PM
Today was an epic fail

embarassing 3rd day

For the most part I agree with you. After the 2nd round this whole draft was a WTF!

Grid
04-24-2010, 08:07 PM
ill tell ya one wtf pick i was hoping for.

I was kinda hoping we would end up having Clauson, Tebow, or McCoy fall to us in the second or third.. and grabbing one of them.

I know it seems totally idiotic but I think we could use a real rookie backup QB that we could begin grooming to take over for Schaub some day. And if that QB happens to develop quick and gets a little playtime and wows the league.. we could be looking at a nice trade down the road.

I dont want to see us in another he who shall not be named situation where we have to throw a rookie to the wolves and hope it all turns out alright.

Ranger Tom
04-24-2010, 09:02 PM

I was kinda hoping we would end up having Clauson, Tebow, or McCoy fall to us in the second or third.. and grabbing one of them.

I know it seems totally idiotic but I think we could use a real rookie backup QB that we could begin grooming to take over for Schaub some day. And if that QB happens to develop quick and gets a little playtime and wows the league.. we could be looking at a nice trade down the road.

I dont want to see us in another he who shall not be named situation where we have to throw a rookie to the wolves and hope it all turns out alright.

I'm not convinced that Schaub is old enough for us to worry about that--yet--but otherwise, I agree. One season's warning, maybe two, before he retires would be a nice thing for him to give us.

Texan_Bill
04-24-2010, 09:07 PM
Today was an epic fail

embarassing 3rd day

Thanks for confirming my thoughts about your hatred for all things Texans. While I don't like the two TE selections, the rest of the draft was good..

Texan_Bill
04-24-2010, 09:09 PM

Nice!!!

Yeah, SH reminds me of that whiney snotty kid in elementary school...

Honoring Earl 34
04-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Thanks for confirming my thoughts about your hatred for all things Texans. While I don't like the two TE selections, the rest of the draft was good..

Dickerson had a 7.7 grade , everbody around him was a 2.0 or 3.1 .

He can be another big WR in the mold the Saints guy that was drafted in the 7th . Anyways the dude is big and fast so he'll create matchup nightmares ... like AJ . If he's coachable , he'll bump JJ and Walter cause he's the best of both .

Texan_Bill
04-24-2010, 09:18 PM

He can be another big WR in the mold the Saints guy that was drafted in the 7th . Anyways the dude is big and fast so he'll create matchup nightmares ... like AJ . If he's coachable , he'll bump JJ and Walter cause he's the best of both .

Sweet!! My concern about drafting two TE's is more that I would've loaded up on more DB's... But that's why I'm in construction/manufacturing and not GMing an NFL team.

:)

*EDIT*

And, PS, like I said I am generally okay with this draft.

ubecool454
04-24-2010, 09:30 PM
Dickerson is going to play WR not TE. With his size speed combination he looks like a serious weapon out of the slot.

Dickerson is strong as a ox. Benching 408 lbs.

Honoring Earl 34
04-24-2010, 09:35 PM
Sweet!! My concern about drafting two TE's is more that I would've loaded up on more DB's... But that's why I'm in construction/manufacturing and not GMing an NFL team.

:)

*EDIT*

And, PS, like I said I am generally okay with this draft.

I know , I myself go the route of being optimistic and hoping for the best , then drinking more when it gets worse .

Texan_Bill
04-24-2010, 09:37 PM
I know , I myself go the route of being optimistic and hoping for the best , then drinking more when it gets worse .

Get the F outta my head!! :pirate:

JB
04-24-2010, 09:38 PM

You just described the majority of the over 40 crowd

Honoring Earl 34
04-24-2010, 09:40 PM
Get the F outta my head!! :pirate:

Sure echos something fierce in hear .

Texan_Bill
04-24-2010, 09:42 PM
Sure echos something fierce in hear .

Hear, here or hair? :tease:

Honoring Earl 34
04-24-2010, 09:48 PM
Hear, here or hair? :tease:

Oh heck ... i'll go talk to Thorn in his thread

Texan_Bill
04-24-2010, 09:55 PM
Oh heck ... i'll go talk to Thorn in his thread

HA!! Hell, he's drunker than I am... :lol:

TexansFight
04-25-2010, 02:45 AM

Why shouldn't he complain. It's been almost a freaking DECADE since the Texans inaugural season and we STILL have not made the playoffs. The last time I had a Houston team in the playoffs was more than SIXTEEN YEARS ago.

The problem is that the media and a large percentage of fans are way too SOFT and are not bitching enough. Other NFL cities would rightfully skewer and run out these losers on a rail. **** BEING PATIENT I AM DYING FOR PLAYOFFS DAMN IT.

TexansFight
04-25-2010, 02:48 AM
Also Texans Bill doesn't know a damn thing about winning football since he is an Aggie. Aggies have had to delude themselves for their suckitude so it is natural that he has the same attitude when it comes to the Texans. Longhorns like myself and fans of other teams that are WINNERS demand more.

The Third Man
04-25-2010, 03:32 AM
Also Texans Bill doesn't know a damn thing about winning football since he is an Aggie. Aggies have had to delude themselves for their suckitude so it is natural that he has the same attitude when it comes to the Texans. Longhorns like myself and fans of other teams that are WINNERS demand more.

Coach Royal, is that you? Oh wait, you're one of those vile t-shirt fans who go around and act like *they* played the game and lord the success of a bunch 18 year olds they will never meet over other fans. What a bunch of junior high crap. The most athletic thing you have ever done is to explosively whine on the internet, yet you act like you have this incredible insight into winning and losing. If your last two posts are any indication, you are just another whiner on the internet. If being a Texans fan is too much for you, run along to another team, or better yet, concentrate fully on your beloved UT.

Brisco_County
04-25-2010, 03:56 AM
Why shouldn't he complain. It's been almost a freaking DECADE since the Texans inaugural season and we STILL have not made the playoffs. The last time I had a Houston team in the playoffs was more than SIXTEEN YEARS ago.

The problem is that the media and a large percentage of fans are way too SOFT and are not bitching enough. Other NFL cities would rightfully skewer and run out these losers on a rail. **** BEING PATIENT I AM DYING FOR PLAYOFFS DAMN IT.

You're right, we should fire Kubiak and rebuild again. We'll be in a Superbowl by 2011.

I'm thrilled you've decided to represent the Longhorns on this board. I was going to do it myself, but I just don't possess your social grace.

TexansFight
04-25-2010, 12:04 PM
Coach Royal, is that you? Oh wait, you're one of those vile t-shirt fans who go around and act like *they* played the game and lord the success of a bunch 18 year olds they will never meet over other fans. What a bunch of junior high crap. The most athletic thing you have ever done is to explosively whine on the internet, yet you act like you have this incredible insight into winning and losing. If your last two posts are any indication, you are just another whiner on the internet. If being a Texans fan is too much for you, run along to another team, or better yet, concentrate fully on your beloved UT.

LOL at your typical dumbass aggy response. Want to come to my office and look at my UT Law degree. T-shirt fan my ass.

Honoring Earl 34
04-25-2010, 12:36 PM
LOL at your typical dumbass aggy response. Want to come to my office and look at my UT Law degree. T-shirt fan my ass.

You really need to get out more because no one really cares if your an Aggie , Longhorn , Buckeye , Banana Slug , or whatever .

***** if you want but nobody knows how a draft turns out for a couple of years and if you got some insight , let's hear it .

The Third Man
04-25-2010, 12:41 PM

Yawn. You're just another middle aged whiner on the internet. That's how important you are. Stop posting.

Wolf
04-25-2010, 12:44 PM

I could have done with out reading that..

I love the Longhorns but after living in austin, I learned one thing

some UT fans have this higher than mighty thought pattern but I honestly have had more fun hanging out with Aggie.. they seem more down to earth..

We still give them some ribbing when UT kicks their tail but .. geeze I see why you have it in for Kubiak..

http://13.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_komboe44671qzhsn4o1_r1_400.jpg

for 364 days a year we are all Texans (the state) and that one day a year, I can't wait for Bevo to trample those Aggies ..

Norg
04-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Ok I've lighted up I kinda like apperantly the ol school teams like pats and texans no something tha I don't and that te hyrbids is the future of the NFL

Anyway are needs are slim now we got a squad IMO a sb squad are goal to be to win the divison and win the super bowl without question

Mailman
04-25-2010, 01:19 PM

Oh, please. This is laughably stupid, and particularly embarrassing coming from a poster with a UT Law degree on his resume.

Lumping the current Texans team and front office with the 2002-2005 Texans and using their failures to make an argument against this draft is illogical and unfair because the decision-makers have changed. The roster has been almost completely turned over for the better and the front office has done a good job finding quality players in the middle rounds of the draft.

I think we can all agree that talent-wise, the 2009 Texans took the field as the best team in the organization's short history. However, because again they failed to earn that elusive first playoff berth, everyone should ***** and complain? Let's ignore the positives and focus on the negatives because that is what's keeping this team back. And here I was all this time thinking the reason the Texans didn't make the playoffs was K(Ch)ris Brown...

If only I'd known, I would've written an angry letter.

threetoedpete
04-25-2010, 01:24 PM

Joel Dreisen and OD are coming off of injuries. Casey couldn't get a target to save his life in '09....Projecting Barwin as a TE at this point is a little lame. So we've got four healthy TEs for camp. I thought the board would be kind positive about them making sure that 17% -20% of the passing offense was intact for camp. And not pulling another Charles Spencer " I sure hope he is well by camp". Kinda hard to practice timing throws when you have no TEs to practice with.

And I gotta say Dickerson was such a value at the seven pick, they couldn't pass him up. 225 LBs guy running 4.4. ? What pray tell is wrong with that prospect ? Bunch of y'all have been trying to run KW and JJ off for a while now..well there's your prospect.

TexCanada
04-25-2010, 01:45 PM
I like the way Smithiak is building this team. I watch my hockey, basketball and up until this last year my baseball team all try to use the "win now" mentality, and I can tell you that it doesn't work. This Texans team is being built from the ground up, which requires mucho patience. Once the build is complete I think this team will have the talent and depth to remain a top team for several years.

Kubes as a coach is a whole different conversation though.

painekiller
04-25-2010, 02:39 PM

Or you could take a guy with a real NFL level arm like John Skelton or Jarrett Brown.

imatexan
04-25-2010, 05:50 PM

Brag brag brag and all it does is make you look stupid.

This is a HOUSTON TEXANS message board not a college football insult page.

You really need to get over yourself, you are also the only person(so far lol) that has gave me negative rep for disagreeing, I think someone has a problem.

JB
04-25-2010, 05:53 PM
Brag brag brag and all it does is make you look stupid.

This is a HOUSTON TEXANS message board not a college football insult page.

You really need to get over yourself, you are also the only person(so far lol) that has gave me negative rep for disagreeing, I think someone has a problem.

Say what! :confused: