PDA

View Full Version : Texans draft party thoughts....

Tedc
04-23-2010, 10:19 PM
I had a great time at the draft party. Our Texans staff and management really put on a nice party and really do care for the fans.

I took the time to e-mail a thank you to my favorite staffer and I think anyone who enjoyed the night ought to do the same.

Let them know we appreciate their hard work!

Texan_Bill
04-23-2010, 11:08 PM
I had a great time at the draft party. Our Texans staff and management really put on a nice party and really do care for the fans.

I took the time to e-mail a thank you to my favorite staffer and I think anyone who enjoyed the night ought to do the same.

Well, not attending last night, I will always appreciate our TEXANS staffers!!!

SheTexan
04-24-2010, 03:21 AM

Already sent! I have a feeling the Bullpen Pub is gonna be a rockin place to be this next year. THANKS to all who made this happen!!

Drew_Smoke
04-24-2010, 08:49 AM
I heard the radio guys bragging on the effort and the crowd but its hard to believe Vanderpimp. He would promote sodomy if it's on his list of spots to read.

Dr2bKay
04-24-2010, 12:46 PM

I agree with all of the above. I actually sent my fav staffer an email as well, but this was before the draft party. Just expressing my thanks and appreciation for what they always do for us. I love them!!! The Texans are a classy team. I wonder how was it when the Oilers was here. Did they involve the fans as much as the Texans do?

Joe Texan
04-24-2010, 05:35 PM
Absolutely a class act on the part of the Texans. They VIP'ed us better than the suite holders, they had to pay for thier beer.

El Tejano
04-27-2010, 03:43 PM
I agree with all of the above. I actually sent my fav staffer an email as well, but this was before the draft party. Just expressing my thanks and appreciation for what they always do for us. I love them!!! The Texans are a classy team. I wonder how was it when the Oilers was here. Did they involve the fans as much as the Texans do?

Nowhere as close.

BIG TORO
04-27-2010, 03:46 PM
I had a blast it was nice to see everyone in the blue crew!

Battle Red Flash
04-27-2010, 04:19 PM
The Texans are a classy team. I wonder how was it when the Oilers was here. Did they involve the fans as much as the Texans do?

Hah! The Oilers did hardly anything for the fans or season ticket holders. Every year we have fun by making fun of the gift the Texans send out with our tickets, but the Oilers gave away nothing.
They Oilers were too cheap to negotiate with the county so we could have tailgate parties. No tailgate parties by the Dome back in the day.
Bottom line Bud Adams was not a class act and neither was his organization. The Texans are WAY BETTER, and that's why I don't have a problem supporting them even though we have not seen the playoffs yet.

NBT
04-27-2010, 04:51 PM
We loved the Oilers but hated Bud.

hobie
04-29-2010, 08:11 AM
FYI- no tailgating in the Oilers days had nothing to do with Bud, it was the HSA who decided against it.. If I recall correctly, Bud has said he was for it.

BigBull17
04-29-2010, 08:20 AM
The only annoying part was the band every five minutes. I don't like the Pep band, and don't like them while Im watching the draft.

BIG TORO
04-29-2010, 08:32 AM
The only annoying part was the band every five minutes. I don't like the Pep band, and don't like them while Im watching the draft.

I have to disagree with you, when you have a good buzz going the band really pumps thing up!

BigBull17
04-29-2010, 08:50 AM
I have to disagree with you, when you have a good buzz going the band really pumps thing up!

Ugh, It doesn't do it for me. Its one thing at the games, but in the close quarters, it grated on my last nerve.

steelbtexan
04-29-2010, 10:24 AM
FYI- no tailgating in the Oilers days had nothing to do with Bud, it was the HSA who decided against it.. If I recall correctly, Bud has said he was for it.

That gets in the way of all of the Bud bashing.

Facts: Tackville offered Bud a new stadium + garunteed (sp?) $$$$.

Bud took the $$$$ just like any good business man.

Then the great starved football fans of Houston decided to pony up and build a new stadium + garunteed $$$. Like any good business owner McNair took advantage of the situation and has made a ton of $$$$.

McNair has also taken advantage of this city by knowing that when you have starved football fans they will pay anything just to have a NFL team. Regardless of the product that is put on the field.

10 mil a year from Reliant is another form of subsidizing the team. In addition to the tax subsidies that the Texans got from the tax payers of this city.

McNair is a very shrewed businessman. I wish that he was as shrewed in the hiring of people on the football side of the organization. As he is on the marketing side of the organization.

End of rant.

No More 8-8's
04-29-2010, 11:07 AM

I am sorry but the band was annoying. Its one thing to have them on the field, but they were too loud in such a closed quarters. Honestly they ruined it for me, as they would not stop playing.

I dont think they realize that people drove all the way over to Reliant to see a marching band play, im sorry. I want to not only watch the draft, but also listen to it as well.

Also stupid cheerleader auditions took up too much time, when the actual draft was taking place. They could have chosen a spot to perform that was further away from the viewing crowd.

steelbtexan
04-29-2010, 11:17 AM
Why did they shut down the party as soon as the Texans picked Jackson?

I thought they were going to let fans hang around and watch the rest of the draft.

Texan_Bill
04-29-2010, 12:34 PM
That gets in the way of all of the Bud bashing.

Facts: Tackville offered Bud a new stadium + garunteed (sp?) $$$$.

Bud took the $$$$ just like any good business man.

Then the great starved football fans of Houston decided to pony up and build a new stadium + garunteed $$$. Like any good business owner McNair took advantage of the situation and has made a ton of $$$$.

McNair has also taken advantage of this city by knowing that when you have starved football fans they will pay anything just to have a NFL team. Regardless of the product that is put on the field.

10 mil a year from Reliant is another form of subsidizing the team. In addition to the tax subsidies that the Texans got from the tax payers of this city.

McNair is a very shrewed businessman. I wish that he was as shrewed in the hiring of people on the football side of the organization. As he is on the marketing side of the organization.

End of rant.

Good!! Because rants tend to have revisionist history behind them.

Fact: Bud held the City of Houston, hostage. Fact, Harris County had not paid off the $60,000,000.00 in renovations to the Dome from the first time he held this city hostage when he pulled this stunt.

Fact, it was McNair that ponied up. In fact he ponied up to the tune of $ 700,000,000.00. Fact, the tax burden is placed on hotel guests, and rent-a-car customers. How often do you stay in hotel? How often do you rent a car???

*sigh*

JB
04-29-2010, 12:41 PM

Fact: Bud held the City of Houston, hostage. Fact, Harris County had not paid off the $60,000,000.00 in renovations to the Dome from the first time he held this city hostage when he pulled this stunt.

Fact, it was McNair that ponied up. In fact he ponied up to the tune of $ 700,000,000.00. Fact, the tax burden is placed on hotel guests, and rent-a-car customers. How often do you stay in hotel? How often do you rent a car???

*sigh*

There you go again Bill, trying to impart logic and common sense on this MB. I thought you knew better by now

steelbtexan
04-29-2010, 02:04 PM

*sigh*

Fact the City of Houston, Harris Co. and Reliant were willing to pony up for McNair and weren't willing to do so for Bud.

Bud was willing to pitch in his own $$$ along with tax $$$ to build a stadium. Harris Co. and Bob Lanier said no. But they were willing to renovate the dome. (This was a bad choice made by our elected officials)

The mistake Bud made is that he asked for a new stadium first. If Bud would've let Alexander ask 1st the Oilerswould still be in Houston and the Rockets would've moved some other place. IMHO

I cant stand Bud but from a business perspective I didn't blame him for leaving.

Bud greased the skids for the low quality product the Texans have put on the field. Going without NFL football for a while has let McNair make a fortune with no retribution in regards to the product that McNair has put on the field.

Bud was run out of town due to the embarrasing Buffalo/K.C. playoff games. IMHO

McNair will get a free pass for 20 yrs or more because of the Oilers leaving town. McNair shouldn't get this pass IMHO. He should be judged by the product that he puts on the field. Like every other NFL owner.

Texans_Chick
04-29-2010, 02:13 PM

I thought they were going to let fans hang around and watch the rest of the draft.

They didn't. I stayed until the end of Thursdays draft. But a lot of people just left at that point, not because anything was shut down.

steelbtexan
04-29-2010, 02:29 PM
Thanks

We left early because we thought with everybody leaving the Texans were shutting the party down.

My mistake.

Texan_Bill
04-29-2010, 02:35 PM
Fact the City of Houston, Harris Co. and Reliant were willing to pony up for McNair and weren't willing to do so for Bud.

Bud was willing to pitch in his own $$$ along with tax $$$ to build a stadium. Harris Co. and Bob Lanier said no. But they were willing to renovate the dome. (This was a bad choice made by our elected officials)

The mistake Bud made is that he asked for a new stadium first. If Bud would've let Alexander ask 1st the Oilerswould still be in Houston and the Rockets would've moved some other place. IMHO

I cant stand Bud but from a business perspective I didn't blame him for leaving.

Bud greased the skids for the low quality product the Texans have put on the field. Going without NFL football for a while has let McNair make a fortune with no retribution in regards to the product that McNair has put on the field.

Bud was run out of town due to the embarrasing Buffalo/K.C. playoff games. IMHO

McNair will get a free pass for 20 yrs or more because of the Oilers leaving town. McNair shouldn't get this pass IMHO. He should be judged by the product that he puts on the field. Like every other NFL owner.

Revisionist history. Fact, Pud Adams was offered a new stadium in the 11th hour by then Mayor Bob Lanier.

Fact, in 1987 (after the $67mill worth of renovations) Bud declared the Dome the best stadium in the NFL.

Fact, Bud wouldn't give up $ 700,000.000. for anything...

Fact, Pud never paid anything other than rent for the 30 years in the Astrodome. It was handed to him.

Fact. Pud never paid a dime for the new Stadium in Nashville. In fact, the city of Nashville paid Pud Adams $28 million for "relocating costs".

Dr2bKay
04-29-2010, 02:41 PM

Didn't happen in the VIP area. I stayed until 10pm. They still served us miller lite until close to 10pm.

steelbtexan
04-29-2010, 02:44 PM
Did not know about Lanier's 11th hr deal.

Bud made the Tacks pay through the nose to get a NFL team. The Tack politicians were willing to do the deal. Houston's elected officials weren't willing to do a new deal for Bud until it was too late it appears.

Texan_Bill
04-29-2010, 02:53 PM
Did not know about Lanier's 11th hr deal.

Bud made the Tacks pay through the nose to get a NFL team. The Tack politicians were willing to do the deal. Houston's elected officials weren't willing to do a new deal for Bud until it was too late it appears.

Mayor Lanier's objection at first was that he was worried about "Joe Six-pack" footing the bill.

HOU-TEX
04-29-2010, 03:06 PM

*sigh*

Still owe over $30 million, right? Mother ****in ***hole! Where's the *** **** cussing thread when you ****in need it! ****!

Texan_Bill
04-29-2010, 03:29 PM
Still owe over $30 million, right? Mother ****in ***hole! Where's the *** **** cussing thread when you ****in need it! ****!

Thanks for reminding me about the 30 mill still owed... **** me!!!!

I found that thread... Have at it: Swearing makes you feel better, lessens pain (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1421619#post1421619)

HOU-TEX
04-29-2010, 03:37 PM
Thanks for reminding me about the 30 mill still owed... **** me!!!!

I found that thread... Have at it: Swearing makes you feel better, lessens pain (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1421619#post1421619)

Ahh, that's better

BIG TORO
04-29-2010, 03:39 PM
I am sorry but the band was annoying. Its one thing to have them on the field, but they were too loud in such a closed quarters. Honestly they ruined it for me, as they would not stop playing.

I dont think they realize that people drove all the way over to Reliant to see a marching band play, im sorry. I want to not only watch the draft, but also listen to it as well.

Also stupid cheerleader auditions took up too much time, when the actual draft was taking place. They could have chosen a spot to perform that was further away from the viewing crowd.

Were yall in the VIP? because in the VIP they just played for a while and then left.

Texan_Bill
04-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Ahh, that's better

:lol:

BIG TORO
04-29-2010, 03:43 PM
Didn't happen in the VIP area. I stayed until 10pm. They still served us miller lite until close to 10pm.

and we had a blast!

Dr2bKay
04-29-2010, 07:46 PM
and we had a blast!

oh yes!!!