PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels and Tebow: Can anyone sort this out for me?

GP
04-23-2010, 01:08 AM
Having a REALLY hard time understanding why the Broncos traded DOWN then traded UP only to get Tebow at the end of it. I know they sent some picks away, in order to trade UP to get Tebow.

But what was the net gain after the dust settles on the traded picks and the acquisition of Tebow? Did McDaniels actually LOSE picks to get Tebow, when he could have drafted him at the Bronco's original slot?

I am too tired to do the research. Anyone here able to sort this out?

It seems very stoopid of McDaniels. At first, I thought he was stockpiling draft picks since he's gonna' need all he can get his hands on. Then he trades UP just to get a guy who is iffy at BEST.

:completelybaffled:

Kulluminatii
04-23-2010, 01:19 AM
McDaniels is sexually attracted to Tebow. I can't really think of any other reason why he would do that. Even Al was probably laughing his ass off.

treduke
04-23-2010, 01:25 AM
McDaniels has gone mad! the thin air in denver has josh all loopy!
or maybe josh plays with florida on ncaa football 10!

stingray
04-23-2010, 01:34 AM
McDaniels is sexually attracted to Tebow. I can't really think of any other reason why he would do that. Even Al was probably laughing his ass off.

Al is only laughing his ass of becasue he figured it was Thursday...

Texan4Ever
04-23-2010, 01:34 AM
McDaniels is high on players with leadership and character, and Tim Tebow certainly fits that bill. Tebow gives McDaniels a dynamic player, who with intensive coaching and time, might fare better then previous Florida QBs. Bernie Kosar was criticized and he fared well in the NFL so just wait and see what happens...

Rooting for Tebow to do well but I don't agree with using a first round pick on him.

eriadoc
04-23-2010, 01:54 AM
Denver traded all over the place. They ended up giving up a 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round pick to move back up for Tebow, but still have three more Day 2 picks.

Waste of picks, IMO.

LonerATO
04-23-2010, 06:10 AM
McDaniels thinks nothing like BB and will run the Broncos into the ground, which Bowlen will more then likely sell the team. Im not a ND fan, but I would be pissed right now to be a Bronco fan and pass on Clausen. I think that McDaniels is some how Al Davis incarnate. I also wonder with this pick how long it will take Weaver to move his franchise to LA?

Kulluminatii
04-23-2010, 06:38 AM
McDaniels thinks nothing like BB and will run the Broncos into the ground, which Bowlen will more then likely sell the team. Im not a ND fan, but I would be pissed right now to be a Bronco fan and pass on Clausen. I think that McDaniels is some how Al Davis incarnate. I also wonder with this pick how long it will take Weaver to move his franchise to LA?

Now when you say McD is an incarnation of Al Davis, do you mean Al in his golden days or the current Al we all know and love? If it's the old Al... :eek:.

And concerning the LA franchise situation, from what I've read nothing will happen until that CBA or whatever its called is taken care of, so the Jags will stay in Jacksonville for at least one more year. Would rather have the Rams move back here, and it would be amazing if the Lions somehow moved here...but I have a better chance of Al handing over the Raiders to me than that happening. Oh well, I can still dream... :kitten:

SheTexan
04-23-2010, 08:24 AM
Can't sort anything out, but, somewhere along the line ya just gotta have faith in instincts. My instincts tell me Tim Tebow will be the next Payton Manning! A couple years of good coaching and the boy will be unstoppable. WHY? Cause he's the complete package!! JMO!!

Blake
04-23-2010, 08:49 AM
Tim's got a good agent and scared the teams into thinking he was gonna be taken soon. Case closed.

gtexan02
04-23-2010, 09:05 AM
The power of prayer?

In all seriousness, Tebow reminds of VY. People weren't surprised when VY went #3, ahead of Leinart, so why are people surprised that Tebow went in the 1st ahead of Clausen? He's got the "intangibles" and he's a helluva lot smarter than VY (which isn't saying much)

Texan_Bill
04-23-2010, 09:14 AM
Que dramatic football music:

I just want to say one thing.

To the fans and everybody in Gator Nation, I'm sorry, extremely sorry.

I promise you one thing, a lot of good will come out of this.

You will never see any player in the entire country play as hard as I will play the rest of the season, and you will never see someone push the rest of the team as hard as I will push everybody the rest of the season, and you will never see a team play harder that we will the rest of the season.

God bless.

~ Tim Tebow

gtexan02
04-23-2010, 09:16 AM
I have a feeling Tebow is going to implode like VY did when he starts losing. Guys like him don't know how to take losses not personally.

hookinreds
04-23-2010, 09:17 AM
I wonder if he is going to put Denver in a triple option. He did run out fo the Wildcat a few times last year, and the WR they took out of GT fits that bill along with Tebow, just spell out some kind of funky offense coming their way.

Kaiser Toro
04-23-2010, 09:18 AM
I will be watching the Broncos this year, I am extremely intrigued to see how this all goes down.

Blake
04-23-2010, 09:27 AM
http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/static/images/sports/josh_mcdaniels_topic.jpg http://belmontfrontporch.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/plus-symbol.thumbnail.jpg http://www.newwest.net/images/thumbnails_feature/MARIJUANA_BONG_ACRYLIC.jpg http://www.worldsgreatesttoys.com/images/blog/080807/equals.gif http://destinassembly.com/blog/wp-content/2007/12/tim-tebow-warming-up.jpg

thunderkyss
04-23-2010, 09:37 AM
Can't sort anything out, but, somewhere along the line ya just gotta have faith in instincts. My instincts tell me Tim Tebow will be the next Payton Manning! A couple years of good coaching and the boy will be unstoppable. WHY? Cause he's the complete package!! JMO!!

There won't ever be another Peyton Manning.

I do agree, I believe Tebow will be an exceptional player, and a star in this league.

But I'm puzzled with the trade for Quinn. With Tebow in the wings, McD has to make Orton the man, and Quinn the back up. & he's got to win with Orton.

So he isn't going to be developing Quinn. It just wouldn't make sense.

I can't imagine anyone would give him anything for Quinn, unless he packages him on day 2 for extra picks. Buffalo maybe?

Texan_Bill
04-23-2010, 09:47 AM
Who knows... Maybe Denver is going to bend Jacksonville over and trade Tebow away. :kitten:

HOU-TEX
04-23-2010, 10:28 AM
I don't really have a problem with Tebow. He seems like a great guy and is driven to win. His goody-goodiness can become tiresome at times, but I still like him and have been following him since he was in HS. However, I think his chances of becoming a starter in the NFL's at least a season or two away. Supposedly the Bills were posturing for a trade up too, but the Broncos beat them to the punch.

I just think a lot of quality players were given up by the Broncos for a project QB. Crazy!

Scooter
04-23-2010, 10:42 AM
Now when you say McD is an incarnation of Al Davis, do you mean Al in his golden days or the current Al we all know and love? If it's the old Al... :eek:.

mcdaniels definitely seems like al davis in that he's going to do things his way and that way is to forcefully take the road less traveled. i'm referring to the guy that took a punter in the first round and hired john madden and gave bo jackson full time money. al got away with it and even had great success by finding obscure gems (such as the only kicker/punter in the HOF), but obviously that style doesnt work in today's information age. as a coach, mcdaniels is probably at worst "solid" ... but without someone like belichick or parcells keeping him in line, he's going to drive that team into the ground.

Maddict5
04-23-2010, 10:52 AM
The power of prayer?

In all seriousness, Tebow reminds of VY. People weren't surprised when VY went #3, ahead of Leinart, so why are people surprised that Tebow went in the 1st ahead of Clausen? He's got the "intangibles" and he's a helluva lot smarter than VY (which isn't saying much)

i doubt that. when ive seen him interviewed he comes across as a bit of a bimbo for lack of a better word imo and iirc he did quite poorly in the wonderlic too & unlike vince he wouldve been prepared for it. i agree though they seem like very similiar prospects. smh @ the peyton comparison

GP
04-23-2010, 11:28 AM
mcdaniels definitely seems like al davis in that he's going to do things his way and that way is to forcefully take the road less traveled. i'm referring to the guy that took a punter in the first round and hired john madden and gave bo jackson full time money. al got away with it and even had great success by finding obscure gems (such as the only kicker/punter in the HOF), but obviously that style doesnt work in today's information age. as a coach, mcdaniels is probably at worst "solid" ... but without someone like belichick or parcells keeping him in line, he's going to drive that team into the ground.

He seems to be into "shock" tactics with his moves.

He's trying to show everyone on the Broncos, as well as in the NFL, that he can be a head coach at such a young age and with such little time in the NFL.

I think he's making bad choices, and he's his own worst enemy. Seems like a guy who would do something to spite someone else when it doesn't even really benefit himself to do it in the first place.

That Broncos team could have thrived under a different coach. When you can't get along with multiple GOOD players on your team, and you ship them away with such glee and satisfaction, something tells me the guy is not capable of leading a team.

Great leaders find a way to make people WANT to follow. In contrast, bad leaders threaten people to follow "or else." George Washington, IIRC, was a leader whom men said they WANTED to follow.

I just don't get why he traded BACk and then traded UP...for Tebow. It's a shock move, IMO. He's trying to generate buzz and he's attempting to infuse excitement into his team and his fan base in Denver.

It's funny. :clown:

The1ApplePie
04-23-2010, 11:38 AM
1. McDaniels thinks he's Bill Belicheck
2. McDaniels can't stand players that don't tow his line exactly
3. Thinks his spread offense will rock the NFL world

Scooter
04-23-2010, 12:29 PM
couldnt agree more GP. similar to al davis, mcdaniels is more out to prove something about himself than win games. which is really a shame because he seems to be a legit coach.

GP
04-24-2010, 05:14 AM
1. McDaniels thinks he's Bill Belicheck
2. McDaniels can't stand players that don't tow his line exactly
3. Thinks his spread offense will rock the NFL world

1. I agree

2. I concur

3. Yes

TimeKiller
04-26-2010, 03:31 PM
http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/static/images/sports/josh_mcdaniels_topic.jpg http://belmontfrontporch.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/plus-symbol.thumbnail.jpg http://www.newwest.net/images/thumbnails_feature/MARIJUANA_BONG_ACRYLIC.jpg http://www.worldsgreatesttoys.com/images/blog/080807/equals.gif http://destinassembly.com/blog/wp-content/2007/12/tim-tebow-warming-up.jpg

I take that as an insult. I smoke plenty of weed and I still think Tim Tebow sucks!!!

Dutchrudder
04-26-2010, 05:23 PM
I take that as an insult. I smoke plenty of weed and I still think Tim Tebow sucks!!!

Oh, I thought those were penis pumps...

oops

Kulluminatii
04-26-2010, 06:15 PM

They can be...

:redface:

disaacks3
04-26-2010, 06:23 PM
i doubt that. when ive seen him interviewed he comes across as a bit of a bimbo for lack of a better word imo and iirc he did quite poorly in the wonderlic too & unlike vince he wouldve been prepared for it. i agree though they seem like very similiar prospects. smh @ the peyton comparison

Umm...not so much

Tebow = 22
VY=6

playa465
04-26-2010, 11:38 PM
I think McDaniels connection to Tebow probably runs thru Bill Belichick, who's close with Florida coach Urban Meyer. In 2005, Belichick started consulting with Meyer after Weis left...also after 2005 the Pats didn't have an OC but McDaniels had a huge role in the play calling which eventually led to him becoming the Pats OC. These relations is probably why McDaniels feels he can win with Tebow based on his philosophy of injecting some form of the spread in Denver soon.

Blake
04-27-2010, 01:54 PM

oops

They can be...

:redface:

:facepalm:

lol

TimeKiller
04-27-2010, 04:20 PM

oops

Clearly you've been hitting the pumps too hard....