Really hoping for Tate or Gerhart

Leaning Gerhart though. :pirate:

The1ApplePie
04-22-2010, 11:07 PM
Hope that Cody's huge self falls that far

Though he is not at a possition of need, I would go nuts for Navarro Bowman

Ryan
04-22-2010, 11:08 PM
Taylor Mays would be pretty damn good value if he would fall to us.

Texan_Bill
04-22-2010, 11:08 PM
Leaning Gerhart though. :pirate:

I'm hoping Earl Campbell is still available.. :worldpeace:

Pocky
04-22-2010, 11:09 PM
Brian Price if he there.. or Jonathan Dwyer.

Heath Shuler
04-22-2010, 11:12 PM
a stud RB

MFG16
04-22-2010, 11:13 PM
Brian Price if he there.. or Jonathan Dwyer.

Agreed! I wouldn't mind moving up a couple of spots to get Price. Mays is still out there, along with Mount Cody. Sleeper pick would be Dexter McCluster.

Kaiser Toro
04-22-2010, 11:13 PM
There will be players into the fifth round. I could live with Gerhart, Tate, Dwyer, Cody, Joseph, Thomas, Cook, Asamoah, Jerry, Mays, Allen in the 2nd.

SAMURAITEXAN
04-22-2010, 11:14 PM
RB,FS, or DT! Maybe C/G.

Go Texans!!!

Dash
04-22-2010, 11:14 PM
Is McCluster any good?

From what little I've read, I'd say Gerhart.

2slik4u
04-22-2010, 11:21 PM

Great call. All the beers I drank tonight, I didnt even realize that he made it out of the first.

I would be ecstatic with mays.

MFG16
04-22-2010, 11:22 PM
Is McCluster any good?

From what little I've read, I'd say Gerhart.

Scouts say he is a Jones-Drew type back..With less power and more speed. Don't know if he fits are system though?

LikeMike
04-22-2010, 11:27 PM
That my list in the order IŽd take them:

1. Toby Gerhart
2. Tayler Mays (has too much potential to not take him in the 2nd)
3. Nate Allen
4. Lamarr Houston
5. Morgan Burnett
6. Brian Price
7. Jon Asamoah
8. Jonathan Dwyer
9. Chad Jones
10. Terrence Cody

Scooter
04-22-2010, 11:28 PM

if mays somehow fell to us, that's just way too much value for us to pass up. if mays is gone, i hope we take the top RB on our board.

The1ApplePie
04-22-2010, 11:31 PM
Haven't been here in like 9 months. Kind of suprised by the man-crush of Gerhart.

Amazing power runner, but he seems a little like a one-trick-pony

I would still love to have him though

brakos82
04-22-2010, 11:32 PM
Amazing power runner

Exactly. :evil:

Napa Auto Parts
04-22-2010, 11:36 PM
May be we can sign Warrick Dunn

eriadoc
04-22-2010, 11:49 PM
Haven't been here in like 9 months. Kind of suprised by the man-crush of Gerhart.

Here's one man's argument in comparing him to Corey Dillon (with video of both):

LINK (http://blog.seattlepi.com/undraftedfreeagent/archives/196508.asp)

Jackie Chiles
04-22-2010, 11:52 PM
Gerhart, Nate Allen, Morgan Burnett, Roger Saffold (as a G), John Asamoah, Lamarr Houston, Taylor Mays, Brian Price.

Big Poundcake
04-22-2010, 11:57 PM
Gerhart or Lamarr Houston would be cool.

DocBar
04-23-2010, 12:09 AM
Mays might be worth trading up a few spots to get. A lot of pundits are saying Jackson has the ability to shut down one side of the field. Put Mays in the middle with Pollard and I don't see too many TE's, RB's or slot WR's wanting to test that middle. Bush says he wants tough players in the building.

TheRealJoker
04-23-2010, 12:15 AM

That's one trick we sure could've used last season at the one yard line on a couple occasions...

The Cush
04-23-2010, 12:19 AM
Scouts say he is a Jones-Drew type back..With less power and more speed. Don't know if he fits are system though?

What the? MJD is a human bowling ball that uses his low center of gravity and power generated through his legs to bounce off people and shed tacklers. Power is a big part of his game, so its kinda strange to hear a comparison like that as it stretches away from the person being compared too.

Its kinda like saying "He's like Chris Johnson, just without the speed and way more power"

Now if the comparison to Jones-Drew was in reference to their abilities to catch the ball out of the backfield and their dynamic versatility.. then yea that makes more sense.

Lucky
04-23-2010, 12:22 AM
I can't separate any of the top 4 RBs left (Gerhart, Hardesty, Tate, or Dwyer). I also can't imagine the Texans not coming away with one of them. I think. Though there are 4 teams ahead of the Texans who could take a RB (Browns, Fins, Pats, & Giants), I doubt all do. The question is, how many of the top 4 RB left do the Texans really like?

I would hate for the Texans to pass on a DT like Price or Houston. But without creating additional 2nd day picks, I can't see how they could pass on a Rb in the 2nd round.

treduke
04-23-2010, 12:32 AM
trade up for taylor mays! if not tate or gerhart

HuttoKarl
04-23-2010, 12:39 AM
Gerhart in the 2nd and follow up with Cam Thomas in the 3rd.

Solidify the offense and defense.

Texan4Ever
04-23-2010, 12:41 AM
Here's who I want:

1.) Toby Gerhart

2.) Morgan Burnett

3.) Jon Asamoah

4.) Another stud DT/CB

5.) BPA all throughout

michaelm
04-23-2010, 12:49 AM
Here's who I want:

1.) Toby Gerhart

2.) Morgan Burnett

3.) Jon Asamoah

4.) Another stud DT/CB

5.) BPA all throughout

Here's who I want:

http://www.ruid.com/photos/medium/38368-eda8zwgq3ecampq4rq2a.jpg

Elena Santarelli

Of course, that's another thread entirely...

swtbound07
04-23-2010, 12:58 AM
Taylor Mays would be a huge win for us.

Wolf6151
04-23-2010, 01:17 AM
My list of 2nd round picks in no particular order:

Jon Asamoah-OG
Ben Tate-RB
Jonathan Dwyer-RB
Nate Allen-FS
Morgan Burnett-FS
Chad Jones-FS
Mitch Petrus-OG
Marshall Newhouse-OG
J.D. Walton-C

The Pencil Neck
04-23-2010, 01:28 AM
2nd round:
1. Ben Tate
2. Nate Allen (probably gone by our pick)
3. Morgan Burnett
4. Jon Asamoah
5. John Jerry
6. Lamarr Houston
7. Linval Joseph

3rd round:
1. Toby Gerhart (although I wouldn't mind a reach for him.)
2. Matt Tennant
3. J. D. Walton
4. Reshad Jones
5. Mitch Petrus
6. Marshall Newhouse

And others...

m5kwatts
04-23-2010, 01:28 AM
Gerhart or Lamarr Houston would be cool.

You read my mind. A lot of people thought Gerhart should have been a 1st rounder.

Texecutioner
04-23-2010, 01:34 AM
I would be extremely stoked if we traded up to get Mays in the 2nd round. That would be great value.

My guess is that we probably go with a RB if a good one is available.

DocBar
04-23-2010, 01:40 AM
Would anyone want to trade up with a pick from next season to get Mays then see if Gerhart or Tate are available with our regular 2nd? I have no idea how next years draft is going to look, but this one is way too deep at our problem positions to not consider it.

Ryan
04-23-2010, 01:52 AM
I'd be all for giving up next year's 2nd and a later pick this year if we could move up a few to grab Taylor Mays and then grab Gerhart.

I don't know if that would be a fair deal or not, but find a fair deal and i'd be all for it.:bravo:

mattieuk
04-23-2010, 02:10 AM
I'd be all for giving up next year's 2nd and a later pick this year if we could move up a few to grab Taylor Mays and then grab Gerhart.

I don't know if that would be a fair deal or not, but find a fair deal and i'd be all for it.:bravo:

I would be super happy if they pulled something like this off. I know there has been calling for yet more help on the lines, but I honestly believe that with our CB in place now, we're some safety help away from having a very attention getting secondary.

As for getting a bruising running back like Gerhart, well that just makes me a little bit excited for next year, to know that we can say 'here you go boy, all you gotta do is get these 3 yards, and win us the game'....and that is followed by a celebration rather than a negative yardage and another week of being pissed off...

steelbtexan
04-23-2010, 02:17 AM

Asamoah and either Gerhart or Mays woud be fine with me. Trade whatever it takes but make this happen Smithiak.

Norg
04-23-2010, 02:22 AM
I could go for a Guard or Right tackle

iam tired of seeing Kasey Studdard or Eric winston get MUrked and costing us sacks a poor running game and Get wipped on the goal line

DocBar
04-23-2010, 02:26 AM
I would say a 4th or 5th this year and a conditional 3 or 2 next season. Say Mays plays 75% of D snaps and we reach playoffs, it's next years second. If not, the 3rd. We should be able to find a decent to good G/C in the 3rd. Maybe Caldwell will become a monster in the middle in his 2nd yr.

Scooter
04-23-2010, 02:40 AM
Would anyone want to trade up with a pick from next season to get Mays then see if Gerhart or Tate are available with our regular 2nd? I have no idea how next years draft is going to look, but this one is way too deep at our problem positions to not consider it.

that would definitely be a bold move. i'm not a fan of trading future draft picks, but the uncertainty of 2011 brings a lot of unusual chances into play. if we were to land both mays and the runningback of our choice (along with kareem), we will have instantly knocked out our biggest weaknesses ... potentially making them areas of strength instead.

DocBar
04-23-2010, 02:54 AM
that would definitely be a bold move. i'm not a fan of trading future draft picks, but the uncertainty of 2011 brings a lot of unusual chances into play. if we were to land both mays and the runningback of our choice (along with kareem), we will have instantly knocked out our biggest weaknesses ... potentially making them areas of strength instead.
With all the underclassmen coming out, there's no way '11 can be this deep at our need positions. That's what makes me think it could be worthwhile. We can always pick up a stud interior OL next season when we have our harder to fill positions taken care of in this deep draft.

Maddict5
04-23-2010, 06:11 AM
brian price, ben tate or jon asamoah for me

threetoedpete
04-23-2010, 07:55 AM
Exactly. :evil:

so what makes you think that Toby'll flourish as a one cut and go guy ? Inquiring minds wish to know ? Safe pick they may well take him. Functional ? Nope.

7. Jon Asamoah this will be strike two for the running game.

I have every faith after the Jackson pick they will by pass hm. You got to work hard to achieve mediocre.

phantom17
04-23-2010, 08:39 AM
Here's who I want:

http://www.ruid.com/photos/medium/38368-eda8zwgq3ecampq4rq2a.jpg

Elena Santarelli

Of course, that's another thread entirely...

Me too! But can she cover?:thinking:

Lucky
04-23-2010, 08:43 AM
I would say a 4th or 5th this year and a conditional 3 or 2 next season. Say Mays plays 75% of D snaps and we reach playoffs, it's next years second. If not, the 3rd. We should be able to find a decent to good G/C in the 3rd. Maybe Caldwell will become a monster in the middle in his 2nd yr.
You can only make conditional trades for players. In this case, you're moving up for a draft choice.

Maddict5
04-23-2010, 08:48 AM
so what makes you think that Toby'll flourish as a one cut and go guy ? Inquiring minds wish to know ? Safe pick they may well take him. Functional ? Nope.

this will be strike two for the running game.

I have every faith after the Jackson pick they will by pass hm. You got to work hard to achieve mediocre.

:confused:

Blake
04-23-2010, 08:57 AM
If we trade away our 2nd for Mays it would cost our 3rd round pick.

If we keep our 2nd and trade for a top pick in round 2, It would cost us a 1st next year.

Kaiser Toro
04-23-2010, 09:00 AM
If we trade away our 2nd for Mays it would cost our 3rd round pick.

If we keep our 2nd and trade for a top pick in round 2, It would cost us a 1st next year.

Staying idle in the later rounds made more sense than the 1st round entering into the draft. I hope we stand pat, lot of players out there.

HoustonFrog
04-23-2010, 09:08 AM
On a side note I thought I'd hate this draft format but I'm liking it. You have teams really locked in last night to one round and they made moves. Youa re then giving teams time to either a) make more moves that are positive or b) panic and make moves based on what happened the day before. So you can see who is a player out there.

As for the moving down stuff. It is all good in theory but sometimes you outsmart yourself and when a run happens you are on the outside looking in. The Cowboys for example. Jimmy used to work the trade down and get picks and it worked. Jerry tried it on his own and failed. 2 years ago they stayed put and got studs in Felix Jones and Jenkins at the bottom of the 1st. Last year they had 12 picks, tried to get picky and got maybe 3 guys out of 12 that weren't special teamers. This year, with a more talented team, they moved up and got best player instead of getting tricky. I like when teams stay put or move up a couple of spots to grab a guy who has been shown to produce instead of hoping someone is there later. As for the Texans last night. It was tricky. They need CB and targeted Kareem, according to them. But it almost sounds like they locked in once Matthews was gone and felt they HAD to get him. Just a feeling. I do like guys at big time programs, though Boise probably face better passing QBs.

Blake
04-23-2010, 09:19 AM
On a side note I thought I'd hate this draft format but I'm liking it. You have teams really locked in last night to one round and they made moves. Youa re then giving teams time to either a) make more moves that are positive or b) panic and make moves based on what happened the day before. So you can see who is a player out there.

As for the moving down stuff. It is all good in theory but sometimes you outsmart yourself and when a run happens you are on the outside looking in. The Cowboys for example. Jimmy used to work the trade down and get picks and it worked. Jerry tried it on his own and failed. 2 years ago they stayed put and got studs in Felix Jones and Jenkins at the bottom of the 1st. Last year they had 12 picks, tried to get picky and got maybe 3 guys out of 12 that weren't special teamers. This year, with a more talented team, they moved up and got best player instead of getting tricky. I like when teams stay put or move up a couple of spots to grab a guy who has been shown to produce instead of hoping someone is there later. As for the Texans last night. It was tricky. They need CB and targeted Kareem, according to them. But it almost sounds like they locked in once Matthews was gone and felt they HAD to get him. Just a feeling. I do like guys at big time programs, though Boise probably face better passing QBs.

I like the format as well. Lets you soak on all 32 teams first round picks, rather than focusing on your teams top 3 picks. I guess it just allows you to digest it and process it in smaller pieces giving you a better understanding of the players.

Blake
04-23-2010, 09:22 AM
Staying idle in the later rounds made more sense than the 1st round entering into the draft. I hope we stand pat, lot of players out there.

Agreed. I think we can fill either RB or safety with no issues here. Still 3 good safety prospects in Mays, Burnett and Allen. At RB we have Dwyer and Tate, and DT we have Houston and Price. Although I am not really high on Price like others.

there are a ton of good offensive linemen left as well. From guard and tackle that would be solid additions to our line.

JB
04-23-2010, 09:23 AM
I was really pleased at the speed of the draft this year. Even with all the trades, it went quick.

Errant Hothy
04-23-2010, 09:27 AM
Gooselin's Top 100 (with the first 32 marked off)
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/nfl/stories/042110dnsponfldrafttop100.3f50970.html

13. Jimmy Clausen QB
30. Rodger Saffold OT
32. Sergio Kindle OLB
33. Taylor Mays S
34. Rob Gronkowski TE
36. Brian Price DT
38. Sean Lee MLB
39. Nate Allen S
40. Koa Misi DE
41. Golden Tate WR
42. Daryl Washington OLB
43. Chris Cook CB
44. Charles Brown OT
45. Everson Griffen DE
46. Terrence Cody NT
47. Damian Williams WR
48. Tony Moeaki TE
49. Ben Tate HB
50. Navorro Bowman OLB
51. Regus Benn WR
52. Colt McCoy QB
53. Aaron Hernandez TE
54. Jonathan Asamoah G
55. Dexter McCluster WR
56. Linval Joseph NT
57. Dominique Franks CB
58. Corey Wootton DE
59. Dennis Pitta TE
60. Bruce Campbell OT

Kaiser Toro
04-23-2010, 09:42 AM
Gooselin's Top 100 (with the first 32 marked off)
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/football/nfl/stories/042110dnsponfldrafttop100.3f50970.html

Surprised he does not have Saffold in there.

Errant Hothy
04-23-2010, 09:46 AM
Surprised he does not have Saffold in there.

Saffold is at #30, but for some readon Gooselin's list marks him as hving already been drafted.

Fixed in original.

HOU-TEX
04-23-2010, 10:56 AM

Agree 100%. There's a plethora amount of talent left on the boards and no reason to trade up.

That said, if the Texans don't think he'd last to their 3rd, I think we should grab Tate in the 2nd. But, with all the talent still on the board I reckon we'll have several to choose from. Tough decision for the Texans

The1ApplePie
04-23-2010, 11:21 AM
That's one trick we sure could've used last season at the one yard line on a couple occasions...

I agree, but that one trick isn't worth a 2nd

Toby would be a great back 10 years ago, but the NFL has moved on from that kind of player.

McCluster, McKnight, and Hardsey (forgot how you spell) can all catch the ball, return kicks, and play in space.

If you want a guy that just falls over for two yards on the goal line, you can get that in the 5th with Blount or the 7th with Stefan Johnson

Ole Miss Texan
04-23-2010, 11:33 AM
Taylor Mays is a guy I'm not very high on but would be intruiging if he "slips" to #51, even I'll admit that. Nate Allen appears to be more of a true FS and would be the better selection, IMO.

The RB's are hard for me to wrap my head around from a value standpoint. Are they 2nd rounders or 3rd rounders? I like Tate and Hardesty the best. Then probably Dwyer... I like Gerhart in the 3rd but not 2nd. I don't dislike him, I just reiterate what others have said. Inside power runner. Definitely would help us, no doubt about it, I just like the other "flashier" runningbacks better.

I think there's too big of a NEED at runningback to pass on one in the 2nd. Kubiak will have "his guy(s)". With us internet guys we make blanket statement like Kyle Wilson, McCourty or Kareem Jackson will all do. For Kubiak/Smith, it won't. "Their guy" for this team was Jackson and they wouldn't risk trading down (assumption). I don't think they'll just be happy with any 1 of 5 RB's.... so I think they grab their guy in the 2nd. My guess is Tate/Hardesty.

I really like Jon Asamoah though. I would love to take him in the 2nd and score "our" RB in the 3rd but I think its too much of a risk. Select Tate/Hardesty in the 2nd and grab Mike Johnson in the 3rd, then a DT in the 4th? That's what I'm going with...

Honoring Earl 34
04-23-2010, 11:46 AM
Taylor Mays is a guy I'm not very high on but would be intruiging if he "slips" to #51, even I'll admit that. Nate Allen appears to be more of a true FS and would be the better selection, IMO.

The RB's are hard for me to wrap my head around from a value standpoint. Are they 2nd rounders or 3rd rounders? I like Tate and Hardesty the best. Then probably Dwyer... I like Gerhart in the 3rd but not 2nd. I don't dislike him, I just reiterate what others have said. Inside power runner. Definitely would help us, no doubt about it, I just like the other "flashier" runningbacks better.

I think there's too big of a NEED at runningback to pass on one in the 2nd. Kubiak will have "his guy(s)". With us internet guys we make blanket statement like Kyle Wilson, McCourty or Kareem Jackson will all do. For Kubiak/Smith, it won't. "Their guy" for this team was Jackson and they wouldn't risk trading down (assumption). I don't think they'll just be happy with any 1 of 5 RB's.... so I think they grab their guy in the 2nd. My guess is Tate/Hardesty.

I really like Jon Asamoah though. I would love to take him in the 2nd and score "our" RB in the 3rd but I think its too much of a risk. Select Tate/Hardesty in the 2nd and grab Mike Johnson in the 3rd, then a DT in the 4th? That's what I'm going with...

They have a strict guideline as to what they want in a RB . Last year it was Coffee , this year it seems to have been Matthews . I'm not sure the criteria they use but it's not plug and play .

Jackie Chiles
04-23-2010, 11:57 AM
I think it could be Hardesty, similar type of player to Coffee last year. I would love to see us go safety though.

Thorn
04-23-2010, 11:57 AM
I hate to say this, but for some reason I'm getting really bad vibes about our RB situation today. I'm having visions of every RB the Texans target is taken ahead of them and we don't get a RB today.

Please, oh football gods, be mercyfull prove me wrong on this!!!!

Honoring Earl 34
04-23-2010, 12:06 PM
I think it could be Hardesty, similar type of player to Coffee last year. I would love to see us go safety though.

I'm not sure what drill or time ( 10 yd , 20 yd ) that they use to determine who's a fit . The site that I got my numbers from want you to join because it's draft time .

After further research , if it's anything it's a quick 10 yard split . That and what's on film seem to be what they look at .

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/history/combine/position/RB

Blake
04-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Who is going to pay the price to move up to pick #33? And who are they targeting?

The Rams are waiting.

Blake
04-23-2010, 12:17 PM
My guess is that the Bills leap frog the Vikings to take Clausen.

YoungTexanFan
04-23-2010, 12:21 PM
Using Gooslins top 100, this is how I'd rank them.

39. Nate Allen S True FS
60. Bruce Campbell OT I'd expect OAK to take him, but imagine him anchoring our right side. You don't think he would help the run game?
33. Taylor Mays S He's a value pick here. Still not a bif fan, but I don't know how we could pass him.
53. Aaron Hernandez TE I don't even care. This kid is a STUD. BPA type thing. I like him a lot.
54. Jonathan Asamoah G I think he fits what we've run previously. I'd prefer to have more beef, but he's a talent either way.
49. Ben Tate HB I like him. Good program.
50. Navorro Bowman OLB Not a need, and character issues but a top talent from a great program.
51. Regus Benn WR It's a shame he had to play under Zook for so long. Such talent. Such size.
46. Terrence Cody NT Inside out

HuttoKarl
04-23-2010, 12:30 PM
I would like for Toby "Too white to succeed as a HB" Gerhart to become a Houston Texan today. He can learn how to exact revenge on naysayers from players such as Mario "ZOMG!!! U DIDN"T TAKE REGGIE BUSH!!!LOLZLA!" Williams, DeMeco "Too Small to play LB" Ryans, and Brian "Not as good as Curry" Cushing.

Texan4Ever
04-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Is anyone else confused by all the threads that are popping up? IDK where to post draft thoughts!

I would like to see us target Toby Gerhart, been a while since there was a white running-back in the NFL, maybe Gerhart can change that.

Honoring Earl 34
04-23-2010, 12:43 PM
Is anyone else confused by all the threads that are popping up? IDK where to post draft thoughts!

I would like to see us target Toby Gerhart, been a while since there was a white running-back in the NFL, maybe Gerhart can change that.

Draft day is to posting what New Year's is to partying .

Thorn
04-23-2010, 12:48 PM
Draft day is to posting what New Year's is to partying .

Yes it is, and I'm already burnt out on all the analysis and talking heads on TV. I may not even have my TV on tonight, but just be playing a game of CIV IV or something and switching back here to check on things.

rmartin65
04-23-2010, 01:00 PM
I am looking for 2 names here. Toby. Gerhart.

There are a couple other picks I would not mind. Allen would be a good pick. Mays at 41 would be hard to pass up. And I think OL should be addressed soon.

Mr teX
04-23-2010, 01:00 PM
Price, Dwyer, Tate or Mays...........then Gerhart.

just not feeling Gerhart..

kiwitexansfan
04-23-2010, 01:25 PM
Ok, these are the guys I'd like to see us draft in the second in order of preference.

Lamarr Houston
Jon Asamoah
Toby Gerhart
Taylor Mays
Nate Allen
Brian Price
Montario Hardesty
Jonathan Dwyer
Ben Tate
Arthur Jones

Blake
04-23-2010, 01:26 PM
Did anyone notice ZERO trojans drafted yesterday?

4 should come off the board in round 2.

kiwitexansfan
04-23-2010, 01:32 PM
Did anyone notice ZERO trojans drafted yesterday?

4 should come off the board in round 2.

Wow, when was the last time USC didn't have a first rounder?

El Tejano
04-23-2010, 02:08 PM
Can anyone post the 2nd round draft order? This is my list as far as players I want:

Nate Allen
Ben Tate
Toby Gerhart
Taylor Mays
Reshad Jones
Lamarr Houston
Brian Price
Javier Arenas
Chris Cook
David Pender

bignasty
04-23-2010, 02:11 PM
I think our #2 should be traded for Haynesworth. Defense would be TOP 5 in league

Then pick up the RB in the 3rd

Blake
04-23-2010, 02:15 PM
Wow, when was the last time USC didn't have a first rounder?

They are out of the first round every few years, but with Mays, Brown, Griffen and Williams I figured they would have a good shot.

Ole Miss Texan
04-23-2010, 02:22 PM
I think our #2 should be traded for Haynesworth. Defense would be TOP 5 in league

Then pick up the RB in the 3rd

If Kubiak/Smith think Haynsworth would play, I'd consider our 3rd and a 6th for him.

bignasty
04-23-2010, 02:24 PM
if he only played at 50%, it is still more than we get from Cody or Okoye

He was the defense player of the year 2 years ago

Ole Miss Texan
04-23-2010, 02:24 PM
They have a strict guideline as to what they want in a RB . Last year it was Coffee , this year it seems to have been Matthews . I'm not sure the criteria they use but it's not plug and play .

Yea that's what I'm thinking as well. Us fans are generally like "grab the best available of a,b,c,x,y,z.... when in reality they only covet players x,y,z and think only x and y are worthy of a 2nd rd pick. So in essence while there are "6 RBs" left... we only like 2 a lot and the chances of those exact two lasting an extra 32 picks is slim to none.

Blake
04-23-2010, 02:27 PM
The best thing about round 2?

The Titans and Jags have ZERO PICKS IN THIS ROUND!!!!!!!!!!

Giant Tiger
04-23-2010, 02:29 PM
[QUOTE=Ole Miss Texan;1414479]).
I really like Jon Asamoah though. I would love to take him in the 2nd and score "our" RB in the 3rd but I think its too much of a risk. QUOTE]

That's what I was hoping for... I'm not as high on drafting a RB in the 2nd, but it looks like that's where we're going. Then again, I wasn't expecting Kareem Jackson, either.

Honoring Earl 34
04-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Yea that's what I'm thinking as well. Us fans are generally like "grab the best available of a,b,c,x,y,z.... when in reality they only covet players x,y,z and think only x and y are worthy of a 2nd rd pick. So in essence while there are "6 RBs" left... we only like 2 a lot and the chances of those exact two lasting an extra 32 picks is slim to none.

I think Tate would be next on their list but you never know . I think if they view him as a 3rd rounder , they won't draft him in the 2nd . They could have their eye on a guy that the league views as a 5th and they pick him in the 4th .

My sleeper pick is Deji Karim ... why ... he ran a 1.45 in the first 10 yards with a 42" verical . He's 5'8 and 209 lbs , so he's not exactly small .

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1693207?tag=pageRow;pageContainer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMpFoHv6kQM

HOU-TEX
04-23-2010, 02:38 PM
For those, like me, who were wondering why Kindle fell so far. Wow, sucks for him. I thought he was going to be a beast in a 3-4. Still could, but dadgum

Appearing on ESPN 101 St. Louis Friday morning, Adam Schefter confirmed that Sergio Kindle fell out of round one due to medical concerns.

"Definite medical issues," Schefter reported. "I've spoken to some teams that have him off their board (entirely)." The latest rumors have Kindle possibly needing microfracture knee surgery, which would knock him out for his entire rookie year. At this point, we'd be surprised if he's drafted in round two.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL&line=171938

Dash
04-23-2010, 02:57 PM
Only second round mock I could find.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...browns-at-no-38

Taylor Mays going at 49. Can you imagine if he fell to the Texans?

gwallaia
04-23-2010, 03:27 PM
I would not be shocked if we end up with Terrence Cody.

rmartin65
04-23-2010, 03:42 PM
I would not be shocked if we end up with Terrence Cody.

Please, please, never repeat that again.

TexCanada
04-23-2010, 03:43 PM
I'm betting we come out of round 2 with a RB. If Tate is there we take him, if not we reach for Gerhart. Smithiak will reach for the player they want, they have shown that a few times.

kiwitexansfan
04-23-2010, 03:49 PM
I'm betting we come out of round 2 with a RB. If Tate is there we take him, if not we reach for Gerhart. Smithiak will reach for the player they want, they have shown that a few times.

I think on many boards Gerhart is rated higher than Tate.

I think Tate is more popular on this board than he is in the general football loving populace.

Gerhart is on average the 84th best player on draft boards, Tate is 88th. (according to the hard work put in on the draft spreadsheet in the Draft Forum)

LINK (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71114)

Ole Miss Texan
04-23-2010, 03:53 PM
I think on many boards Gerhart is rated higher than Tate.

I think Tate is more popular on this board than he is in the general football loving populace.

Gerhart is on average the 84th best player on draft boards, Tate is 88th. (according to the hard work put in on the draft spreadsheet in the Draft Forum)

LINK (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71114)

You can throw those out the window. By 99% of the draft boards out there Kyle Wilson was rated higher than McCourty and Jackson. We all know the story there.

Tate fits the ZBS better than Gerhart, one reason so many on here like him. Draft Boards on the web are so general they're almost useless. It's gotta be relative to a certain team to make any sense.

kiwitexansfan
04-23-2010, 04:08 PM
If your going to say every board is relative to each team or front office you can really never say anyone is a reach.

Alualu may have been the 10th best player on the Jags board and everyone else was gone so that wasn't a reach, for all we know he could of been the #1 guy they were targeting.

So lets not say reach for Gerhart or Tate or Hardesty or whomever.

Mailman
04-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Only second round mock I could find.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...browns-at-no-38

Taylor Mays going at 49. Can you imagine if he fell to the Texans?

I'd get a 4-hour erection if we get him in the second round.

TexCanada
04-23-2010, 04:12 PM
If your going to say every board is relative to each team or front office you can really never say anyone is a reach.

Alualu may have been the 10th best player on the Jags board and everyone else was gone so that wasn't a reach, for all we know he could of been the #1 guy they were targeting.

So lets not say reach for Gerhart or Tate or Hardesty or whomever.

Point taken. I still think we will take on of those backs with our pick.

Goldensilence
04-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Tate would be my initial selection.

If he's not there I'd consider Burnett, Allen, Houston, or Aso.

There's a chance Mays falls to us. Lots of concerns in coverage, but his athleticism makes him intriguing along with not having to pay first round money for him.

HuttoKarl
04-23-2010, 04:28 PM

If that happens, consult a doctor...or a hooker.

HOU-TEX
04-23-2010, 04:30 PM

If that happens, consult a doctor...or a hooker.

Or Flaming Sparrow

rmartin65
04-23-2010, 06:02 PM
Day 2 hath begun.

Tailgate
04-23-2010, 06:05 PM
Cmon Nate Allen or Toby Gerhart. Cmon Draft Gods!

rmartin65
04-23-2010, 06:10 PM
The Rams select...

Roger Saffold

Good idea, take a LT to protect your franchise QB.

JB
04-23-2010, 06:11 PM
Good pick for the Rams

mariowillshine15
04-23-2010, 06:11 PM
Oh how i hate Steve Young. Cant Gruden shiv him with a pen?

brakos82
04-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Asserly was gonna wear a helmet in the pre-draft show..... :evil:

GP
04-23-2010, 06:13 PM
Saffold (OT) to protect Bradford.

Footage looks decent.

Holy crap, did you guys see the Coors Light "home draft" pressurized beer box you can put in your fridge? Yumm-eee.....

GP
04-23-2010, 06:15 PM
Shiner black label, popcorn seasoned with Tony's Creole seasoning, watching the draft and texanstalk.com forums.

This is the life.

brakos82
04-23-2010, 06:15 PM
Vikings go Chris Cook DB

GP
04-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Big deal. Dude had those balls thrown right at him.

Looks pedestrian compared to Kareem.

TexCanada
04-23-2010, 06:17 PM

Agreed, go Kareem!

mariowillshine15
04-23-2010, 06:18 PM

I think hes too big. 6'2 is great size but he didnt look very fast.

ChampionTexan
04-23-2010, 06:19 PM
Vikings go Chris Cook DB

Five of the 15 picks from 20 - 34 have been CB's

brakos82
04-23-2010, 06:21 PM
Buccs: Brian Price, DT, UCLA

TexCanada
04-23-2010, 06:22 PM
Wow, Brian Price to the Bucs

WolverineFan
04-23-2010, 06:22 PM
So Tampa Bay takes Brian Price. Great value, but . . .

Gerald McCoy and Brian Price. They don't have an abundance of picks this year. What gives in taking two 3' techs early?

GP
04-23-2010, 06:24 PM
Tampa Bay appears to be serious about beefing up that DL of theirs.

Mel Kiper being snarky about "why do they take another DT?" Well, Mel, maybe they want to build a better defense. Go comb your hair.

TexCanada
04-23-2010, 06:24 PM
So Chiefs go Clausen now?

brakos82
04-23-2010, 06:26 PM
Looks like KC is going McCluster.

GP
04-23-2010, 06:27 PM
I just don't get the Jimmy Clausen nut-hugging going on.

I mean, name me a big game the guy has been in, and has won.

David Carr had the same problem: No "big time" experience. Yeah, you held down your position and you looked good while doing it. But Sam Bradford went where he went due to playing in BIG GAMES over many seasons.

Color me uninspired with Clausen. He's dropping for a reason, Mel Kiper.

Allstar
04-23-2010, 06:27 PM

That'd be fine, I want nothing to do with McCluster.

GP
04-23-2010, 06:28 PM

That guy is going to do well if he lands on a well-led offense.

Shifty, has initial burst, and scrappy. A great pass receiving RB.

TexCanada
04-23-2010, 06:29 PM
only 172 lbs? Thats pretty light

GP
04-23-2010, 06:30 PM

Wow. You nailed it. Are you watching NFLN or ESPN? Because I am watching ESPN and saw no draft party footage of McCluster...just Mel Kiper being a whiner about how his girlfriend Jimmy Clausen should be going to the Chiefs. Assuming you saw McCluster on the phone with the Chiefs?

By the way, Mel will expect Jimmy Clausen to go at the next pick.

Rinse and repeat until Mel gets his girlfriend a team to play on. LOL.

TexCanada
04-23-2010, 06:32 PM
Wow. You nailed it. Are you watching NFLN or ESPN? Because I am watching ESPN and saw no draft party footage of McCluster...just Mel Kiper being a whiner about how his girlfriend Jimmy Clausen should be going to the Chiefs. Assuming you saw McCluster on the phone with the Chiefs?

By the way, Mel will expect Jimmy Clausen to go at the next pick.

Rinse and repeat until Mel gets his girlfriend a team to play on. LOL.

NFLN is better, they showed the McCluster party

TexCanada
04-23-2010, 06:32 PM
They are saying Nate Allen

GP
04-23-2010, 06:33 PM
Mel Kiper is obnoxious. Mayock is soooo much easier to listen to, and appears to be more blue-collar than Kiper who looks like he belongs with Mo Green and banging cocktail waitresses two-at-a-time.

brakos82
04-23-2010, 06:33 PM
Eagles: Nate Allen, DB, S Fla.

kiwitexansfan
04-23-2010, 06:34 PM
Sorry Nate Allen fans....

Hey there's still Taylor Mays.

brakos82
04-23-2010, 06:35 PM
Browns might take a QB here.

Lucky
NFLN is taking the drama out of announcing the pick.

GP
Mel Kiper in a previous life:

http://movieimage5.tripod.com/godfather/godfather36.jpg

GP
04-23-2010, 06:39 PM
NFLN is taking the drama out of announcing the pick.

yeah, they need to stop trying to get the scoop on each pick.

brakos82
04-23-2010, 06:40 PM
Browns: TJ Ward, DB, Ore.

kiwitexansfan
04-23-2010, 06:40 PM
TJ Ward? Really?

GP
04-23-2010, 06:41 PM
By the way, remember how much the media talking heads were all over the Browns' nuts and saluting the Browns for trading back into the first round to get Joe Thomas AND Brady Quinn?

LOL. The Browns are cursed.

TexCanada
04-23-2010, 06:41 PM
Bucs pick another DT? Houston?

GP
04-23-2010, 06:42 PM
By the way, remember how much the media talking heads were all over the Browns' nuts and saluting the Browns for trading back into the first round to get Joe Thomas AND Brady Quinn?

LOL. The Browns are cursed.

I think they remember how much they lusted over the Browns' 2007 draft, because they are acting like they don't even exist.

The1ApplePie
04-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Fall Jimmy fall!

Please let someone take Gerhart before us.

The1ApplePie
04-23-2010, 06:44 PM
Thinking Griffin or Dunalp here

brakos82
04-23-2010, 06:45 PM
Buccs: Arrelious Benn, WR, Ill.

stingray
Anyone see the piece with Deion, Ray Lewis, Rod Woodson giving some respect to Jim Brown? Great piece.

GP
Jim Brown is a man.

OrdinaryAvgGuy
04-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Anyone see the piece with Deion, Ray Lewis, Rod Woodson giving some respect to Jim Brown? Great piece.

That was really cool.

Gotta show Jim Brown some love. Arguably the greatest running back ever. And seems to be such a class act.

GP
04-23-2010, 06:47 PM
Jets boo'ing Marino.

Freaking AWESOME! LOL. This is NFL, ladies and gentlemen. You n-e-v-e-r forget.

brakos82
Miami: Koa Misi, LB, Utah

Mailman
Taylor Mays is still available....

JB
04-23-2010, 06:48 PM
Miami takes Misi

GP
04-23-2010, 06:50 PM
GP's popcorn recipe:

1. Bag of popcorn that's already popped (buttered, obviously)

2. Tony's creole seasoning.

3. Drizzle Frank's Hot Wing Sauce over it (not too much, or it will get soggy)

Match it with a Shiner black label, and a hot dog where the weenie is a Nathan's hot dog weenie.

Beautiful on the taste buds.

Maddict5
04-23-2010, 06:51 PM
im late but why did the rams pick saffold after drafting jason smith last yr?

The1ApplePie
No Buffalo for Jimmy or Colt

GP
I switched off ESPN, in favor of NFLN.

Was Mel still begging the Bills to take Clausen?

LOL. I bet he was.

OrdinaryAvgGuy
04-23-2010, 06:52 PM
So... If Sergio Kindle is available, can we pass on him?

I know there are injury concerns, but as highly as he was rated coming into the draft, I don't know that we can pass. Taking a QB this early when it isn't a position of need isn't such a good plan. But DE? We could move Antonio Smith to the inside more often...

I don't know if you can take him over Mays when safety is as much as a need as it is, but if Mays is gone and he is still available...?

TexCanada

One at LT one at RT

kiwitexansfan
I think Troup is a decent pick for the Bills.

Decent player, huge need.

TexCanada
04-23-2010, 06:53 PM

I know there are injury concerns, but as highly as he was rated coming into the draft, I don't know that we can pass. Taking a QB this early when it isn't a position of need isn't such a good plan. But DE? We could move Antonio Smith to the inside more often...

I don't know if you can take him over Mays when safety is as much as a need as it is, but if Mays is gone and he is still available...?

Pass. We need a RB

Thorn
please please please let a decent RB fall to us.

please? I figure if I type please enough times it will happen. :)

Stemp
We need a RB.

Lucky
They're probably dumping their other tackle, Alex Barron.

kiwitexansfan

PASS.

Not a need, not worth the risk.

Nawzer
04-23-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm getting really tired of Eisen whining about Jimmy Clausen.

Dan B.
04-23-2010, 06:55 PM
That was really cool.

Gotta show Jim Brown some love. Arguably the greatest running back ever. And seems to be such a class act.

Jim Brown was a phenomenal running back. But he wasn't exactly a class act. He went to jail for domestic abuse (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1025537/index.htm).

Maddict5
One at LT one at RT

oh i thought saffold was projected as an LT also. good pick so. alot of not so well known guys being taken atm

The1ApplePie
Still want my boy Joe McKnight in the 3rd...

Terrance Cody would be great here in a few picks

Pocky
04-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Got a feeling we'll go interior OL or DL in the 2nd.. RB in the 3rd, just IMO.

brakos82
The Raiders manage to screw things up. :lol:

GP
I'm getting really tired of Eisen whining about Jimmy Clausen.

Yeah, he has a thing for rugged handsome QBs.

Him and Kiper both. It's sad, in a cute but obnoxious way.

Kulluminatii
04-23-2010, 06:57 PM
The Raiders manage to screw things up. :lol:

Heh, I thought that too...they traded back w/ the Pats.....out of all the teams >_>.

GP
04-23-2010, 06:57 PM
Trading around in the 2nd is soooooo gay.

OrdinaryAvgGuy
04-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Jim Brown was a phenomenal running back. But he wasn't exactly a class act. He went to jail for domestic abuse (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1025537/index.htm).

Ah! It would appear that today my age means ignorance.

GP
04-23-2010, 06:59 PM
This is where I begin to check out of the draft. Teams dickin' around and trying to one-up and out-guess each other.

A bunch of girls trading Justin Beiber posters.

Nawzer
04-23-2010, 07:00 PM
The Commissioner stepping in.

brakos82
Heh, I thought that too...they traded back w/ the Pats.....out of all the times >_>.

Well, at least you didn't pick an UDFA in the 2nd this time.... hopefully.

Thorn
aw man, hurry up.

GP
Ah! It would appear that today my age means ignorance.

Because Lord knows he probably didn't learn anything from that mistake.

I think he has aged well. I'd like to hang out with him for one day. And any NFL fan who says they wouldn't, is a liar IMO.

brakos82
04-23-2010, 07:01 PM
Pats: Rob Gronkowski, TE, Ariz.

kiwitexansfan
04-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Only 8 more picks to go...

Lamarr Houston!!

GP
04-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Sporting the Patriot helmet, and MASSIVE boo'ing by Jets fans.

I love the NFL.

NitroGSXR
04-23-2010, 07:03 PM
A bunch of girls trading Justin Beiber posters.

:lol:

brakos82
04-23-2010, 07:04 PM
Ravens: Sergio Kindle, LB, Tex

kiwitexansfan
Kindle to the Ravens is a GREAT fit.

Dan B.
Because Lord knows he probably didn't learn anything from that mistake.

I think he has aged well. I'd like to hang out with him for one day. And any NFL fan who says they wouldn't, is a liar IMO.

He made multiple mistakes over the span of 30 years, not just 1 mistake at the age of 66. Jim Brown has well known anger management issues. This is not to knock the impact he had on the NFL -- I'd even argue that an angry guy is going to wind up being a better football player for it as often as not. I'm just pointing out that the same traits that make someone great at their job might actually hurt them in other parts of life.

Thorn
so far so good........

kiwitexansfan
04-23-2010, 07:05 PM
Houston, Asamoah, Gerhart, Mays.

Mailman
Only 8 more picks to go...

Lamarr Houston!!

Taylor Mays!!

Can you imagine the physicality on that defense with him in the back seven?

Dan B.
Kindle to the Ravens is a GREAT fit.

agreed. Kindle is going to love life this year.

stingray
Lamar Houston to the Raiders.

brakos82
04-23-2010, 07:06 PM
Raiders:lol:: Lamarr Houston, DT, Texas

TexCanada
Houston to Raiders it looks like. I'm surprised they pass on Bruce Campbell

kiwitexansfan
DARN. Houston gone :(

Goatcheese
I like the Raiders draft so far. Am I losing my edge?:thinking:

Maddict5
04-23-2010, 07:07 PM
sooooo.... looking like tate/gerhart/asamoah imo

Kaiser Toro
There is going to be a RB run at some point.

brakos82

or Al has his back. :kitten:

GP
He made multiple mistakes over the span of 30 years, not just 1 mistake at the age of 66. Jim Brown has well known anger management issues. This is not to knock the impact he had on the NFL -- I'd even argue that an angry guy is going to wind up being a better football player for it as often as not. I'm just pointing out that the same traits that make someone great at their job might actually hurt them in other parts of life.

Live, love, forgive.

I'd have a beer with him and hang out with the guy.

kiwitexansfan

They are doing alright.

I think they convinced Al the draft is next week.

Thorn
some good players still left. We should get a good pick in just a bit.

Tailgate
We need those QBs to go and take up a couple spots.

stingray
04-23-2010, 07:08 PM
Wow.. The raiders have made some solid, smart picks. Rolando Maclain and Lamarr Houston.

TexCanada
Haha, Deion with the burn

Dan B.
Live, love, forgive.

I'd have a beer with him and hang out with the guy.

So would I. But I would watch my mouth. Dude is unstable. He also went to jail for beating up a golfing buddy.

Thorn
04-23-2010, 07:09 PM
We need those QBs to go and take up a couple spots.

i was thinking the same thing.

Kaiser Toro
18 of 44 picks on offense

kiwitexansfan
we need those qbs to go and take up a couple spots.

this

LikeMike
Just got in... it sucks that Houston is gone, but plenty of guys are still there.

Who would you pick if

Mays
Gerhart
Tate
Allen

would all still be on the board?

Kulluminatii
04-23-2010, 07:10 PM
F'ing Deion :pissed:. I'm happy with the pick, maybe with these 5th and 6th round picks we collected we can trade back up to the 2nd and get another player.

brakos82
Broncos: Zane Beadles, OT, Utah

kiwitexansfan
Beadles going this early is good for us... had him down for later rounds.

Thorn
So, who's going to announce the Texans pick?

Kaiser Toro
04-23-2010, 07:11 PM
I like Beadles, was hoping we would consider him in the 3/4.

kiwitexansfan
what about Vlad Ducasse?

GP
So would I. But I would watch my mouth. Dude is unstable. He also went to jail for beating up a golfing buddy.

Well I would never play golf with him. Just sit in the cart and have a beer while HE plays golf.

I got street smarts. :turtle:

Dan B.
Just got in... it sucks that Houston is gone, but plenty of guys are still there.

Who would you pick if

Mays
Gerhart
Tate
Allen

would all still be on the board?

None of the above. Would take Allen, but he's gone to Philly already.

kiwitexansfan
So, who's going to announce the Texans pick?

One of our legend draft picks.....

Thats right we have no legends

GP
04-23-2010, 07:12 PM
The guy on the Taco Bell "Tortada" commercial was the guy who played the character "Flash" (Mary Jane's initial boyfriend) in the first Spider Man movie.

In case you wondered.

GP
04-23-2010, 07:12 PM
One of our legend draft picks.....

Thats right we have no legends

Running back James Allen. He's going to rap it.

JayCee
04-23-2010, 07:13 PM
carolina should help us with taking a qb off the board

brakos82
04-23-2010, 07:13 PM
Giants: Linval Joseph, DT, E Car.

kiwitexansfan
04-23-2010, 07:14 PM
Linval Joseph may have been on the Texans radar.

Thorn
04-23-2010, 07:14 PM
good news is, it's looking like a good RB might fall to us.

bad news is all the DT's are getting taken.

OrdinaryAvgGuy
04-23-2010, 07:15 PM
I think it would behoove us to look into trading back in the second to see if we can pick up a second (earlier?) 3rd round pick. It is looking like some really great options are going to be available later in the 2nd and into the 3rd...

LikeMike
None of the above. Would take Allen, but he's gone to Philly already.

Ah, dang it... I was kinda hoping we`d take him. I think we need to go HB here, since there is no guarantee we can get one we like in the 3d. But IŽd be really intrigued with Mays... he could play OLB, SS or FS for us. And just imagine other teams facing a defense with Pollard, Mays, Quin, Jackson, Cushing - there`d be a lot of hard hitting going around!

brakos82
Cards: Daryl Washington, LB, TCU

GP
04-23-2010, 07:16 PM
Two picks on defense, thus far, for Cardinals.

kiwitexansfan
04-23-2010, 07:16 PM

Arthur Jones in the 3rd would do me fine.

b0ng
04-23-2010, 07:17 PM
Thread should be titled "The Epic Failure of Jimmy Clausen"

Pocky
Linval Joseph may have been on the Texans radar.
That's the guy I wanted after Price was taken earlier in the 2nd.

OrdinaryAvgGuy
I would also like to see SF take one of the QBs left. I don't think Alex Smith is the guy.

kiwitexansfan
04-23-2010, 07:18 PM
That's the guy I wanted after Price was taken earlier in the 2nd.

Price has huge bust potential.

Jones is a player (with injury concerns)

Dan B.
04-23-2010, 07:18 PM
good news is, it's looking like a good RB might fall to us.

I'd love it if we took Cody, even though it's be kind of weird to be 'Bama West.

Ah, dang it... I was kinda hoping we`d take him. I think we need to go HB here, since there is no guarantee we can get one we like in the 3d. But IŽd be really intrigued with Mays... he could play OLB, SS or FS for us. And just imagine other teams facing a defense with Pollard, Mays, Quin, Jackson, Cushing - there`d be a lot of hard hitting going around!

Don't want Mays. I think we need people with hands in our secondary. We have the hitters. I would much rather get Rolle a little later in the draft. I'm not opposed to taking a running back, but Gerhart just doesn't do it for me either. Hey, I could definitely be wrong.

Carr Bombed
04-23-2010, 07:19 PM
Thread should be titled "The Epic Failure of Jimmy Clausen"

How is it a "epic failure of Jimmy Clausen". It's a "Epic failure of NFL GMS" Clausen is going to be a fine player in this league.

Kaiser Toro
The RB run is looking like the 3rd.

kiwitexansfan
I would also like to see SF take one of the QBs left. I don't think Alex Smith is the guy.

No but Carr is.

brakos82
Panthers: Jimmy Clausen, QB, ND

NitroGSXR
04-23-2010, 07:20 PM

I'd love to throw punches with him. Just see what he's got. He looks like he'd be fun to trade blows with. That's one lucky golfing buddy there. I'd be honored to have the Brown train steamroll me. JIM FREAKIN' BROWN! I'm stupid like that.

Carr Bombed
Carolina just got a HUGE steal.

Kaiser Toro
Small hands, warm weather. Great value.

kiwitexansfan
Clausen is going to a team where he could compete for a starting place.

GP
HOORAY!!!

Eisen and Kiper have a simultaneous orgasm upon hearing that Clausen is drafted by the Panthers.

LOL. How stoopid.

kiwitexansfan
04-23-2010, 07:21 PM
Asamoah, Ducasse, Mays, RB

Thorn
only two more picks in front of us now.....things are looking good. :)

Dan B.
HOORAY!!!

Eisen and Kiper have a simultaneous orgasm upon hearing that Clausen is drafted by the Panthers.

LOL. How stoopid.

Crap. Now what is ESPN going to talk about? The areas of need for the team picking next? The player that just went?

Kaiser Toro
I am having a feeling it is Cody.

GP
04-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Rich Eisen is the guy who knows CRAP about football, but he has funny one-liners and is sort of like an older version of Ryan Seacrest.

Maddict5
04-23-2010, 07:22 PM
Asamoah, Ducasse, Mays, RB

agreed. i want asamoah here. dont really like any of the rbs here.just please dont be mays

kiwitexansfan
04-23-2010, 07:23 PM

Cody? That would a complete abandonment of all the Texans have believed in on the DLine over the past seasons.

brakos82
49ers: Taylor Mays, S, USC

TexCanada
agreed. i want asamoah here. dont really like any of the rbs here.just please dont be mays

Mays as a 2nd rounder is huge value. I would be happy with him

GP
only two more picks in front of us now.....things are looking good. :)

Prepare to be underwhelmed.

I have a feeling we're picking a WTH? guy.

People furiously google'ing our 2nd round pick and trying to figure out who he is and what he's done.

LOL.

Aw crap, Eisen is now on McCoy's nuts. LOL.

kiwitexansfan
04-23-2010, 07:24 PM
I hate it how the networks take their pet people and talk about them through other picks....

LAME

TexCanada
There goes Mays

rmartin65

Please no. I would be really upset by the pick, and it would probably ruin the whole draft for me. I dont think he will ever become a good pro. Ever.