http://www.profootballprospects.com/blog/2009/09/18/alabamakareemjackson.jpeg

Kareem Jackson

Maddict5
04-23-2010, 12:27 PM
I think it's Schaub.

no look at the chain. schaub always wears silver chains not gold:pirate:

NitroGSXR
04-23-2010, 12:31 PM
did we really select this guy? is this really our selection? so much for him not being some thug-life wannabe rapper.....

....maybe call me old fashioned and yes I am middle aged white dude, but after seeing that poster, I absolutely HATE THE PICK!! Didn't we just run one of these type of guys out of town for being self centered and out to get mine?

hiphop culture is total and utter garbage and is symptomatic of what is wrong with this country...i thought we were trying to get people who were setting a good example and not losers who are or at least want the image that its all about money and hos....ugh.

ugh, i am now bent and will try and keep my thoughts to myself but that is just what we need in the NFL....another thuglife wannabe wanksta.

i thought he was the exact opposite but I guess all young america is ruined by this materialistic and misogynistic garbage. ugh i think i am going to be sick.

i am sure i will get flamed or even worse, get labeled a racist but if it was a white guy with that poster I would feel the same way. just another immature turd burglar.....hoo-freakin-ray.

why did you have to post that? i was starting to feel decent about the guy and the pick. now he is just another example of what is wrong with some of the youth nowadays...and not just black youth but all youth.

maybe I am overreacting (that would be a first) but its a sore subject to me. I work with disadvantaged youth and they need some real role models. they need to realize its not all about money and hos and gettin paid and being rich. for most of these kids, they wont ever be rich but if they work hard and follow the rules of society, they can make something of themselves and that making something of yourself isn't all about partying and hos. its about just being a man and maybe raising a family and being there for the family. we need guys to use their resources to give back to their communities and their people, not be in a rush to spend it all on parties, money, and hos. if someone tried to get a job looking like that, they would be turned away. kids don't realize that and by the time they do its too late. be a freaking example to the youth and grow up.

*puts on flame retardant suit in anticipation of the hate*

:lol:

Classic!

It's all good. Jackson's a good kid. That's not him on the flyer. He actually should be respectable looking enough for you.

Second Honeymoon
ok, glad that isn't him. overreaction over.
i feel like a tool now.

Joe Texan
not a huge fan of the move but its obvious the Texans like him. there were still a lot of corners on the board and a helluva DT in Dan Williams, so they must really like the guy.

i am very happy that we are continuing a trend of getting players from big and successful programs. players that are used to winning and having to compete and earn their playing time. having the top coaching and the increased scrutiny of a major program like Alabama helps too.

was it a perfect pick? maybe not. did they maximize their value? maybe not. But they did address a need, I am just still bent that we had to spend our 1st Round on a corner anyway. Would have rather just paid Dunta and drafted Dan Williams, but it was personal between Rick and Dunta and frankly, that was Dunta's fault more than Rick.

Hopefully we get more value out of our remaining picks. I would love for them to get Taylor Mays in the 2nd Round. Then you get a RB that someone gets rid of or you make a trade. Why we didn't try and sign a veteran RB this offseason, I will never know. There were plenty out there and I don't want the Texans to be forced to grab a RB in the 2nd when there could be some very good prospects available when its our pick tonight.

I will give them an A for getting their guy, but I gotta give them a C+ for getting the most value out of the slot they picked in. Just my opinion.

GO TEXANS

Dude Dunta was a cancer that swallowed up more than 30 million of Atlanta's money, Jackson comes in here wih at least the will to hit someone while wilson would worry to much about his pretty boy image to hit anybody.
Kareem also was well coached on a national championship team. ROLL TIDE

michaelm
04-23-2010, 12:35 PM
i feel like a tool now.

Only now?!?!

Esoom
04-23-2010, 12:35 PM

Kareem Jackson

did we really select this guy? is this really our selection? so much for him not being some well-mannered, sharply-dressed student...

....maybe call me hip and yes I am young white guy, but after seeing that picture, I absolutely HATE THE PICK!! Didn't we say we were trying to get away from having a team full of good guys?

academic culture is total and utter garbage and is symptomatic of what is wrong with this country...i thought we were trying to get people who were edgy and not "nice guys" who are or at least want the image that its all about school and modesty....ugh.

ugh, i am now bent and will try and keep my thoughts to myself but that is just what we need in the NFL....another good guy wannabe chump.

i thought he was the exact opposite but I guess all young america is ruined by this proper and respectable garbage. ugh i think i am going to be sick.

i am sure i will get flamed or even worse, get labeled a racist but if it was a white guy with that poster I would feel the same way. just another immature turd burglar.....hoo-freakin-ray.

why did you have to post that? i was starting to feel decent about the guy and the pick. now he is just another example of what is wrong with some of the youth nowadays...and not just black youth but all youth.

maybe I am overreacting (that would be a first) but its a sore subject to me. I work with disadvantaged youth and they need some real role models. they need to realize its not all about grades and homework and gettin paid and being happy. for most of these kids, they wont ever be rich but if they party hard and break the rules, they can make something of themselves and that making something of yourself is all about partying and hos. its about just being a "G" and makin' it rain and rollin' with your homies. we need guys to use their resources to throw sweet parties for their communities and their people, not be in a rush to spend it all on their spouse, charity, and kids. if someone tried to get a job looking like that, they would get it immediately. kids don't realize that that is what makes you uncool and by the time they do its too late. be a freaking example to the youth and grow up.

Honoring Earl 34
04-23-2010, 12:36 PM
I think if you look at the makeup of the Texans secondary , you see a nice trend . Bigger , more physical guys , now they need to add the FS .

76Texan
04-23-2010, 12:40 PM
so.......

the jags take a 3 tech rated in the late 1st at best in the top 10
the titans fill a need & take a productive if supposedly unspectacular DE to replace the departed KVB
the texans fill a need & take a productive if supposedly unspectacular CB to replace the departed Dunta Robinson
the colts take a DE that means either freeney or mathis will be coming off the field if he is to play

yet everybody bar the texans improved. it makes so little sense my head hurts...

and btw the titans and jags have no 2nd rd picks today. we're in good shape so far imohaha, 3TP can be really intense at times.

It's just him. I wouldn't need any Tylenol or Aspirin of any sort!

Brando
04-23-2010, 12:41 PM
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs440.snc3/25314_112021545493673_112020385493789_158091_51930 81_n.jpg

Kareem the Dream!

Hardcore Texan
04-23-2010, 12:42 PM
did we really select this guy? is this really our selection? so much for him not being some well-mannered, sharply-dressed student...

....maybe call me hip and yes I am young white guy, but after seeing that picture, I absolutely HATE THE PICK!! Didn't we say we were trying to get away from having a team full of good guys?

academic culture is total and utter garbage and is symptomatic of what is wrong with this country...i thought we were trying to get people who were edgy and not "nice guys" who are or at least want the image that its all about school and modesty....ugh.

ugh, i am now bent and will try and keep my thoughts to myself but that is just what we need in the NFL....another good guy wannabe chump.

i thought he was the exact opposite but I guess all young america is ruined by this proper and respectable garbage. ugh i think i am going to be sick.

maybe I am overreacting (that would be a first) but its a sore subject to me. I work with disadvantaged youth and they need some real role models. they need to realize its not all about grades and homework and gettin paid and being happy. for most of these kids, they wont ever be rich but if they party hard and break the rules, they can make something of themselves and that making something of yourself is all about partying and hos. its about just being a "G" and makin' it rain and rollin' with your homies. we need guys to use their resources to throw sweet parties for their communities and their people, not be in a rush to spend it all on their spouse, charity, and kids. if someone tried to get a job looking like that, they would get it immediately. kids don't realize that that is what makes you uncool and by the time they do its too late. be a freaking example to the youth and grow up.

I think you forgot the sarcasm smilie............

HoustonFrog
04-23-2010, 12:43 PM
This is just more evaluation on Kareen v Wilson, etc. I know McChay said Kareem was more ready to play. I actually like guys from big schools that played top comp. Just my thoughts. This is from PK today. Again, I like kids from big schools that have performed well.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/04/23/nfl.draft/1.html

13. HOUSTON -- I think I would have taken Kyle Wilson if I were Houston at 20. There's going to be tons of pressure on Kareem Jackson, the Alabama corner, to play early as a Dunta Robinson replacement. I'd rather have the corner most in the draft believe was more pro-ready in Wilson.

22. NEW YORK JETS -- I think a few teams in the league had character concerns about Boise cornerback Kyle Wilson, but he was a no-brainer for the New York Jets at 29. I know of at least two teams in the top half of the draft who had Wilson rated ahead of Joe Haden, who went seventh.

NitroGSXR
04-23-2010, 12:48 PM
I think you forgot the sarcasm smilie............

He didn't need it. It was funny as heck!

steelbtexan
04-23-2010, 12:49 PM
So did anyone have Kareem Jackson as our pick from the boards? I try to always acknowledge that individual by becoming their #1 fan :)

I had Mathews in the 1st and Jackson in the 2nd.

Shows what I know. LOL

76Texan
04-23-2010, 12:50 PM
So did anyone have Kareem Jackson as our pick from the boards? I try to always acknowledge that individual by becoming their #1 fan :)

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71378

Brando
04-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Kareem arriving in Houston with his parents.....

http://www.houstontexans.com/UserFiles/Image/kareem-and-parents_M7V8021.jpg

He is scheduled for a press conference at 1pm at ht.com.

Jackson arrived at Houston Hobby Airport at 10 a.m. today with his parents and his sister, traveling from the family's home in Georgia. They took a tour of the Reliant Stadium and met with Texans general manager Rick Smith in the war room, and Jackson was presented with his new No. 25 jersey in the locker room. He got a big hug from former Alabama teammate Antoine Caldwell, the first player Jackson saw at the stadium.

link (http://www.houstontexans.com/blog/index.asp?post_id=1093)

76Texan
04-23-2010, 12:54 PM

He was 100 short on the SAT for a big school like Bama.

Now he has about a 2.7 GPA.

Maybe that's not bad enough for you? :breakdance:

Esoom
04-23-2010, 12:55 PM
He was 100 short on the SAT for a big school like Bama.

Now he has about a 2.7 GPA.

Maybe that's not bad enough for you? :breakdance:

Does he have any arrests yet? If not, then I'm still not pleased. Also, parody.

NitroGSXR

They look HAPPY to be here!

Honoring Earl 34
I had Mathews in the 1st and Jackson in the 2nd.

Shows what I know. LOL

You know , I had Cb in the 2nd as the pivot pick because I thought it was a deep position . I had the Texans taking Matthews then Ghee because I saw Jackson flying up the boards and would be gone . I thought you could go Pouncey , CB , RB or DT , CB , RB . In the end I guess the really wanted Jackson .

I think Tate is a carbon copy of Matthews and is more proven so ... Tate in the 2nd .

Honoring Earl 34
04-23-2010, 12:56 PM
They look HAPPY to be here!

The kid is sharp , he went to a prep school so he could go to Vanderbilt as a WR . Saban turneed him into a CB . He was a leader on a championship team .

Using this same logic .... Mike Johnson anyone . To be a winner you have to know how to accomplish the task . The Texans haven't had enough of the guys in their history . They certainly haven't been led by any .

Hardcore Texan
04-23-2010, 01:02 PM

Welcome to Houston young man! Make us proud!

TEXANS84
04-23-2010, 01:10 PM

I don't know, he looks kind of old and all with the beard and the sweater vest. Hope he can cover better than he can shave.

False Start
04-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Sporting the jersey number 25. :cool:

Wolf6151
04-23-2010, 01:20 PM
For those that question his ability remember that he'll be getting schooled by Andre Johnson during summer OTA's and training camp. Going up against one the best WR's in the NFL should give a great head start on his education of the NFL. If over the next few months he can learn to cover AJ then he can cover anyone. Yes CB is one of the hardest positions to transition to the NFL and there will most certainly be a learning period, the whole first year, but by the second year he should be really good/great. Also if GQ and McCain continue to improve then we should be fine at CB. Fans just need to be patient with him for a little while, I'm sure that AJ and Gibbs will school him just fine.

Goatcheese
04-23-2010, 01:21 PM
I don't know, he looks kind of old and all with the beard and the sweater vest. Hope he can cover better than he can shave.

Sweater vest = win

badboy
04-23-2010, 01:23 PM
I think it's Schaub.No, I think Schaub is Jewish.

badboy
04-23-2010, 01:30 PM

Kareem JacksonStill looks like a thug, gansta, Sinatra type. Why can't we draft a clean cut guy like Willie Nelson?

Ole Miss Texan
04-23-2010, 01:35 PM
http://www.bryantdrive.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/kareemchoke1.jpg

Blake

Somebody take this boy to the mall for some new jeans! He has holes and rips in them!

Second Honeymoon
The kid is sharp , he went to a prep school so he could go to Vanderbilt as a WR . Saban turneed him into a CB . He was a leader on a championship team .

Using this same logic .... Mike Johnson anyone . To be a winner you have to know how to accomplish the task . The Texans haven't had enough of the guys in their history . They certainly haven't been led by any .

That was one of the main reasons I liked the pick. Seemed like a good kid with his head on straight.

Then I got him confused with some rap 'artist' and got wtfpwned. very glad i was confused and i like the pick, just not 100% sure we got max value.

we did get the guy we wanted. that is obvious from us taking him when others were available, and let me be the first to apologize to Kareem for getting him confused with some dbag rap 'star'.

Blake
04-23-2010, 01:36 PM
This is just more evaluation on Kareen v Wilson, etc. I know McChay said Kareem was more ready to play. I actually like guys from big schools that played top comp. Just my thoughts. This is from PK today. Again, I like kids from big schools that have performed well.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/04/23/nfl.draft/1.html

I saw that this morning and was kind of shocked since most people are reporting and analyzing that he is the most pro ready pick. So either our DC is wrong, or Peter King is wrong.

badboy
04-23-2010, 01:37 PM

link (http://www.houstontexans.com/blog/index.asp?post_id=1093)Now if we can get Caldwell to start.....

76Texan
04-23-2010, 01:38 PM
http://www.macon.com/2010/04/22/1102654/chasing-a-dream-westside-product.html

Nice little story on our first round pick.

Giant Tiger
04-23-2010, 01:39 PM
For those that question his ability remember that he'll be getting schooled by Andre Johnson during summer OTA's and training camp. Going up against one the best WR's in the NFL should give a great head start on his education of the NFL. If over the next few months he can learn to cover AJ then he can cover anyone. Yes CB is one of the hardest positions to transition to the NFL and there will most certainly be a learning period, the whole first year, but by the second year he should be really good/great. Also if GQ and McCain continue to improve then we should be fine at CB. Fans just need to be patient with him for a little while, I'm sure that AJ and Gibbs will school him just fine.

I would have preferred Wilson, but then again I'm not a general manager. My concern is his low interception total, unless teams are throwing to the other side.

NitroGSXR
04-23-2010, 01:48 PM
http://www.macon.com/2010/04/22/1102654/chasing-a-dream-westside-product.html

Nice little story on our first round pick.

Looks like possibly his grandma posting in the comments section? Maybe we oughta give 'em a welcome? Share some of that famous southern hospitality.

The Pencil Neck
04-23-2010, 01:51 PM
I would have preferred Wilson, but then again I'm not a general manager. My concern is his low interception total, unless teams are throwing to the other side.

The kid is a converted WR. He should have some hands.

I'm sure we'll have picked apart his game by the time TC starts.

JB
04-23-2010, 01:52 PM
The kid is a converted WR. He should have some hands.

I'm sure we'll have picked apart his game by the time TC starts.

I think he was actually a RB in high school

rush2112mn
04-23-2010, 01:54 PM
If you go to the Macon, Ga article and then go to sports....they have a article on him being drafted by the Texans...and gallery pics of reaction of friends and family ....very nice.....

Honoring Earl 34
04-23-2010, 01:56 PM

Going back and reading again , yes he was a RB .

SheTexan
04-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Looks like possibly his grandma posting in the comments section? Maybe we oughta give 'em a welcome? Share some of that famous southern hospitality.

Ya don't get much more Southern than Georgia!!:winky:

My pick was McCourty, althought I couldn't spell his name last night. Still can't get that pick of his SCULPTED bod out of my mind!!:smooch: Jackson has tooth pick legs!! Just hope they are strong one's, esp the knees!!

Doesn't matter anyway! Jackson is a TEXAN now, and I welcome him and his family to Houston! Make us PROUD!!!

gtexan02
04-23-2010, 02:19 PM

Is that him on the right? He looks kind of older. Not sure if I approve of a dress and earrings on your first day in houston. This isn't the 9ers

Jackie Chiles
04-23-2010, 02:23 PM
I heard a Corey Webster comparison recently and that sounds real good to me.

Brandon420tx
04-23-2010, 02:24 PM
I agree those huge earrings are a little gaudy and can be hazardous to his health if they snag on a jersey during a game.

But what really caught my eye was the huge handbad he's got tucked under his arm. Really sends the wrong message

gtexan02
04-23-2010, 02:26 PM

He went to Fork Union which is right next to my house!

thunderkyss
04-23-2010, 02:29 PM
Well as for our picks today . . .

I expect us to come out of the day with a RB although I'm not sure if it will be in the 2nd. I'm actually more inclined to think it's the 3rd. I think we might just go BPA in the 2nd and RB in the 3rd.

Yessssss!!!

Another Tight End

gtexan02
04-23-2010, 02:30 PM
This just in:

His nickname is Coco (from the article posted)

one of the greatest kids one will ever meet. i am extremly happy for "coco" (his nickname). he worked harder (especially academically

Read more: http://www.macon.com/2010/04/22/1102654/chasing-a-dream-westside-product.html#ixzz0lxB0sZ5a

I wonder if this is his jersey...
http://rlv.zcache.com/koko_00_tshirt-p235447550321554922263w5_400.jpg

(First one who gets the reference gets a rep!)

TexCanada
04-23-2010, 02:34 PM
i feel like a tool now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwTJ08lb73Q

Sorry, I had to poke fun

Kaiser Toro
04-23-2010, 02:36 PM
He went to Fork Union which is right next to my house!

I played in a basketball tournament on that campus the Winter of 88. I believe Testaverde went there or one of the Miami QBs

gtexan02
04-23-2010, 02:39 PM
I played in a basketball tournament on that campus the Winter of 88. I believe Testaverde went there or one of the Miami QBs

wow, small world. I wouldnt have thought most people had even heard of fuma. Its just ~10 miles away from where I live. We did our dog training in fork union

NitroGSXR
04-23-2010, 02:40 PM
This just in:

His nickname is Coco (from the article posted)

I wonder if this is his jersey...
http://rlv.zcache.com/koko_00_tshirt-p235447550321554922263w5_400.jpg

(First one who gets the reference gets a rep!)

I'll play.

Knockout?

dinkatoid
04-23-2010, 02:40 PM
Why did they send him to Hobby? If they wanted to make a good first impression, they picked the wrong Houston airport.

gtexan02
04-23-2010, 02:42 PM
I'll play.

Knockout?

hehe, nope.

I don't want to derail the thread, so I'l just fill it in :)

It was an episode of Seinfeld, where they gave George the nickname Coco. So he hired a maid named Coco so there couldn't be two cocos. Classic seinfeld.

I wonder why Jackson got the nickname?

Allstar
04-23-2010, 02:43 PM
http://media.al.com/alabama-sports/photo/kareem-jackson-cropped-mugjpg-29344ff1fe9fb9e5_small.jpg http://blogs.creativeloafing.com/tampacalling/files/2009/07/carlton-banks.jpg

:)

TexCanada
04-23-2010, 02:44 PM
hehe, nope.

I don't want to derail the thread, so I'l just fill it in :)

It was an episode of Seinfeld, where they gave George the nickname Coco. So he hired a maid named Coco so there couldn't be two cocos. Classic seinfeld.

I wonder why Jackson got the nickname?

Haha that is exactly what I thought of when i heard that nickname too

drewmar74
04-23-2010, 02:49 PM
http://media.al.com/alabama-sports/photo/kareem-jackson-cropped-mugjpg-29344ff1fe9fb9e5_small.jpg http://blogs.creativeloafing.com/tampacalling/files/2009/07/carlton-banks.jpg

:spit:

Ole Miss Texan
04-23-2010, 02:50 PM
What... no T-Bone!?

Mailman
04-23-2010, 02:50 PM

My buddy nailed it earlier this week. He was doing a mock for another site and called me to ask who I thought my Texans were gonna take at 20 and I told him to eschew Mathews for a CB. I was sure it would be McCourty. Then he told me, "I dunno man, that Kareem Jackson guy is really good. He's gonna go in the first round and I think ya'll will take him."

NitroGSXR
04-23-2010, 02:53 PM
Haha that is exactly what I thought of when i heard that nickname too

I naturally thought of Koko the signing gorilla. Naturally.

NitroGSXR
04-23-2010, 02:55 PM

Bookmarked for look-a-like thread.

kiwitexansfan
04-23-2010, 03:13 PM
I just found this and thought it was interesting to see someone's opinion who had seen Jackson up close for 3 years.

LINK (http://www.examiner.com/x-6543-Alabama-Crimson-Tide-Examiner~y2010m4d22-Immediate-breakdown-Kareem-Jackson-taken-by-Texans-20-overall)

Alabama CB Kareem Jackson was selected #20 overall by the Houston Texans in the first round of the 2010 NFL Draft. Below you will find my immediate breakdown on the fit and my pre-draft profile on Kareem Jackson.

Vince’s View Immediate Breakdown
This is an outstanding spot for Kareem Jackson to land at. Cornerback was the biggest need for the Texans and Jackson is NFL ready. The only question was whether the Texans would take Boise State CB Kyle Wilson instead. Talk of Wilson out of Houston leading up to the draft may have been a smokescreen that worked to land the Alabama cornerback.

This is an exciting destination for Tide fans and Kareem Jackson. Kareem will be reunited with former University of Alabama Crimson Tide teammate Antoine Caldwell and previous Tide star DeMeco Ryans.

Jackson’s style, coverage versatility and tremendous tackling ability match the Texans aggressive style perfectly.

Kareem will have a great chance to start right away for the Texans. In fact, given the cornerbacks on the current roster (Jacques Reeves, Fred Bennett, Antwaun Molden, Mark Parsons, Glover Quin and Brice McCain) I’d be stunned if he wasn’t starting the first preseason game and beyond. I like this match better than Rolando McClain to the Raiders at #8 overall.

Kareem Jackson and the Houston Texans open the regular season Sunday, September 12 at 1pm ET at home vs. Peyton Manning and the Indianapolis Colts.

Kareem Jackson’s Profile
Jr. CB (5’10 ˝, 196 lbs – Macon, GA)

Accomplishments
2nd-team Freshman All-American in 2007. Recorded many weekly player of the week honors from numerous media outlets and the coaching staff in his three years as a starter at cornerback. He also played running back in high school.

2009 stats
49 tackles
3 TFL
1 INT
13 PBUs

Career stats
40 starts
159 tackles
8 TFL
5 INTs
29 PBUs

Impact on Alabama Football
Along with fellow starting cornerback Javier Arenas, helped bring a swagger to the Alabama program that Nick Saban wanted. He allowed the coaching staff to implement more and more complex coverages because of his ability to digest the information, process it and execute it. He brought great stability and toughness to a critical position. Defensive backs work with Nick Saban every day in practice. He set the tone for mental toughness and embracing the championship coaching he was receiving. He positively affected his teammates.

Skills
He’s a combination of good size, strength, competitiveness and intelligence wrapped into one. On top of that, the coaching he received from one of the great coaches in college football with an NFL style of coaching is second to none. Saban works with the DBs continuously. Kareem understands what his eyes see and trusts his recognition. He knows splits, motions and route-combinations of the offense. He can make quick adjustments to formations. He’s a physical cornerback that plays well near the line of scrimmage. He can play press, off coverage, zone, man-to-man and combo coverages, so he is very versatile. He’s strong and has great ball skills, which is important to play under Nick Saban. He’s a very good tackler who will gladly come-up and support the run game effectively.

Imperfections
From time to time, Kareem did get beat over the top, down the sideline when he didn’t get his hands on and jam the receiver off his route. Everyone gets beat some and Kareem like all the great ones has a short memory. No off the field concerns. Very solid.

His Game In The NFL
The phrase that best summarizes all of Jackson’s skills is “NFL ready.” That’s extremely accurate in describing Jackson. He will have a chance to start immediately. He will at least be able to jump in at nickel corner initially.

badboy
04-23-2010, 03:37 PM

:)The one on the right played a white kid on TV with a rapper brother, I think.

michaelm
04-23-2010, 03:40 PM
The one on the right played a white kid on TV with a rapper brother, I think.

Fresh Prince of Bellaire. He played Carlton.

Ole Miss Texan
04-23-2010, 03:54 PM
Kareem Jackson, CB, Houston Texans

2010 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year and will turn out to be the best CB taken in the 2010 Draft.

Kaiser Toro
04-23-2010, 03:55 PM
wow, small world. I wouldnt have thought most people had even heard of fuma. Its just ~10 miles away from where I live. We did our dog training in fork union

Yeah, playing in front of all of the students in their military uniform created a pretty strong home court advantage.

MojoMan
04-23-2010, 03:59 PM

2010 NFL Defensive Rookie of the Year and will turn out to be the best CB taken in the 2010 Draft.

That's the spirit!

michaelm
04-23-2010, 04:04 PM
That's the spirit!

Rah Rah, Sis Boom Bah!

Lucky
04-23-2010, 05:04 PM
relax man thats the rapper dj rocko on the poster

http://im.in.com/connect/images/profile/oct2009/Rocko_Rapper_300.jpg

I think the Texans are targeting Rocko in the 6th. Mel Kiper thinks he's no more than a priority free agent.

Norg
04-23-2010, 06:12 PM
If classuen falls to us should we take him for picks ????

76Texan
04-23-2010, 06:33 PM

You must be glad he's out of college, lol!

The Pencil Neck
04-23-2010, 07:44 PM

Ah. I heard that Vandy had recruited him to be a WR and I assumed he was converted from that position to CB. I didn't realize Vandy was planning on converting him from RB to WR.

The Pencil Neck
04-23-2010, 11:24 PM
I naturally thought of Koko the signing gorilla. Naturally.

Actually, so did I.

Allstar
04-23-2010, 11:58 PM
http://images.chron.com/photos/2010/04/23/21384651/600xPopupGallery.jpg

Interesting to see it appears that he'll be locker mates with Brice McCain and Dominique Barber. I seem to remember the Texans sticking their new 1st rounders next to influential veteran team leaders.

Kaiser Toro
04-24-2010, 12:24 AM
http://images.chron.com/photos/2010/04/23/21384651/600xPopupGallery.jpg

Interesting to see it appears that he'll be locker mates with Brice McCain and Dominique Barber. I seem to remember the Texans sticking their new 1st rounders next to influential veteran team leaders.

Put him on an island right away.

False Start
04-24-2010, 07:30 AM

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/carlton_dance.gif

OzzO
04-24-2010, 10:40 AM
/\ PERFECT! So, when he get's his first pick 6, everyone in the stadium can do the Carlton! Maybe play some Tom Jones over the speakers!

drewmar74
04-24-2010, 12:11 PM
/\ PERFECT! So, when he get's his first pick 6, everyone in the stadium can do the Carlton! Maybe play some Tom Jones over the speakers!

Love it.

False Start
04-24-2010, 12:23 PM

:lol:

They could play this song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOArsNMVqGg).

Its not unusual to get a pick 6 off someone, its not unusual to shut down everyone. :boogie:

SteveSlaton20
04-24-2010, 01:45 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJ7Eq3ZVHLI

dunno if this has been posted, but a video from prodraftparty.

Pocky
04-24-2010, 04:29 PM
Scott Wright's analysis on the pick: (http://www.draftcountdown.com/Results/Review-B.php)

- With Freno State’s Ryan Mathews off the board there was no doubt that this would be a corner. Many felt that Boise State’s Kyle Wilson would be the Texans guy but Kareem Jackson makes a lot of sense. It may surprise some to see Jackson selected this early but rest-assured he is a legitimate first round value. Similar in many ways to Dunta Robinson, Jackson is a big, physical cover guy who will fit in nicely in Houston’s secondary. In fact, there is no reason why he shouldn’t be penciled into the starting lineup immediately.

ubecool454
04-24-2010, 09:21 PM
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/carlton_dance.gif

Get your eyes checked...they look nothing alike.

ubecool454
04-24-2010, 09:23 PM

After he picks one off and returns it for a TD I wouldn't mind seeing him do the Carlton dance. We don't have enough dancers on the team...Dre will never dance...he just likes to jump in the stands to showoff his 41" vertical leap.

Historyhorn
04-25-2010, 07:33 AM
Jackson and Wilson will be linked from here on out. Lots of folks are claiming the Jets got a steal when the best cover corner dropped to them. As with all drafts....time will tell. Jackson is certainly bigger and more physical, but with the illegal contact rules, physical corners who bump and jostle the receivers are less valuable.

I'm hoping for the best with this kid.

Go Texans

ObsiWan
04-25-2010, 08:45 AM
Jackson and Wilson will be linked from here on out. Lots of folks are claiming the Jets got a steal when the best cover corner dropped to them. As with all drafts....time will tell. Jackson is certainly bigger and more physical, but with the illegal contact rules, physical corners who bump and jostle the receivers are less valuable.

Go Texans

While you're probably on to something about being physical isn't much of an advantage any more in coverage, it sure is a big asset in run support. And the last time I looked, two of the three teams in our division - Tennessee & J-ville - make their living running the football.

I think he'll make a fine D-Rob replacement unit.

PHAROAH
04-25-2010, 10:19 AM
he was just a better player than wilson overall.

LikeMike
04-25-2010, 05:35 PM

Go Texans

I actually don`t know much about the two, but I´ve read quite a few things about them. And most people describe Jackson as the better cover corner (perhaps the best of the draft), and Wilson as the one that is better at jamming the receiver at the LOS and plays better in zones.

I´m pretty sure we got the right guy for us. Being pro ready is really important for this team, that still lacks a #1 corner. The jets can let him play nickel and learn behind Revis and Cromartie.

Honoring Earl 34
04-25-2010, 05:37 PM
I actually don`t know much about the two, but I´ve read quite a few things about them. And most people describe Jackson as the better cover corner (perhaps the best of the draft), and Wilson as the one that is better at jamming the receiver at the LOS and plays better in zones.

I´m pretty sure we got the right guy for us. Being pro ready is really important for this team, that still lacks a #1 corner. The jets can let him play nickel and learn behind Revis and Cromartie.

The Pats passed on Wilson for a CB also .

ObsiWan
04-25-2010, 05:43 PM
The Pats passed on Wilson for a CB also .

I noticed that on draft day. And I find it interesting that no one else - that I've seen - on this board mentioned that Wilson was the third of this CB trio that got drafted. If Wilson was all that, why didn't the Pats grab him??

GP
04-25-2010, 06:00 PM
I noticed that on draft day. And I find it interesting that no one else - that I've seen - on this board mentioned that Wilson was the third of this CB trio that got drafted. If Wilson was all that, why didn't the Pats grab him??

People talk about Chargers stealing Mathews from us.

But I think we stole Jackson from a couple of teams. What might be going on here is the massive hard-on everyone outside of Houston has for the Jets--Because Kyle Wilson went to the Jets, they got the better CB (It was AMAZING that the Jets were soooo fortunate to get Kyle Wilson, right?).

Or maybe we got the better of the remaining CBs, at least as they were ranked in the eyes of the coaches and GMs. It's funny how we had Mathews stolen from us, according to the Jets blue-ballers out there, yet we didn't sweep Jackson out from underneath the Jets or Patriots.

LOL. This is nothing more than draft jealousy, IMO. We got the Defensive Rookie of the Year in last year's draft. And they don't want to concede another year of us possibly making a great pick at our draft slot.

The nation-wide talking points memo is this: The Jets are already Super Bowl champs...it just hasn't happened yet. Anything they do is going to be lauded as being another stroke of genius just waiting to reveal itself on gameday.

(sigh)

Favre better hurry up and do something, or he's going to lose media attention forever. To the Jets. Maybe he could come BACK to the Jets? :thinking:

Honoring Earl 34
04-25-2010, 06:04 PM
People talk about Chargers stealing Mathews from us.

But I think we stole Jackson from a couple of teams. What might be going on here is the massive hard-on everyone outside of Houston has for the Jets--Because Kyle Wilson went to the Jets, they got the better CB (It was AMAZING that the Jets were soooo fortunate to get Kyle Wilson, right?).

Or maybe we got the better of the remaining CBs, at least as they were ranked in the eyes of the coaches and GMs. It's funny how we had Mathews stolen from us, according to the Jets blue-ballers out there, yet we didn't sweep Jackson out from underneath the Jets or Patriots.

LOL. This is nothing more than draft jealousy, IMO. We got the Defensive Rookie of the Year in last year's draft. And they don't want to concede another year of us possibly making a great pick at our draft slot.

The nation-wide talking points memo is this: The Jets are already Super Bowl champs...it just hasn't happened yet. Anything they do is going to be lauded as being another stroke of genius just waiting to reveal itself on gameday.

(sigh)

Favre better hurry up and do something, or he's going to lose media attention forever. To the Jets. Maybe he could come BACK to the Jets? :thinking:

To me , Matthews and Tate were pretty much the same player . If that's the case then they way overpaid , besides I'll take the guy from the better conference .

LikeMike
04-25-2010, 06:16 PM
I´m glad we didn`t take Matthews and got ourself a true #1CB! And Tate is a great HB to snatch at the very end of the 2nd round. He will help us out a lot!

But it will be very interesting to watch this years Hard Knocks and take a good lock at Wilson...

Crimson14Tide
04-25-2010, 10:17 PM
Congrats on getting the best pure-cover corner in the draft! He's also the type of corner that would be glad, no, excited to throw his entire body into Christian Okye with a full head of steam just to stop him from getting half a yard.

He does, however, need to work on wrapping up during the tackle. But, at least he's no Deshea Townsend in that regard.

I stopped caring about the NFL back when it stopped being....well, good. (1997, 1998?) I pay attention during the playoffs & draft always, but it looks like I'm back to having a full-time NFL favorite. The Houston Texans. The Ravens are pretty cool too.

Also, noticed someone referred to Nick Saban as "scum" or something like that....can anyone clue me into why anyone would think that about him?? So far, the only proven thing he did that would possibly make him scum worthy was making an NFL rookie cry. If I'm not mistaken, LOTS of coaches have done that to a football player. Of course there are lots of rumors & a massive amount of misinformation about him, but nothing that anyone can provide even the slightest bit of evidence for, much less prove.

Anyhow....Roll Tide & Go Texans!

JB
04-25-2010, 10:23 PM
Congrats on getting the best pure-cover corner in the draft! He's also the type of corner that would be glad, no, excited to throw his entire body into Christian Okye with a full head of steam just to stop him from getting half a yard.

He does, however, need to work on wrapping up during the tackle. But, at least he's no Deshea Townsend in that regard.

I stopped caring about the NFL back when it stopped being....well, good. (1997, 1998?) I pay attention during the playoffs & draft always, but it looks like I'm back to having a full-time NFL favorite. The Houston Texans. The Ravens are pretty cool too.

Also, noticed someone referred to Nick Saban as "scum" or something like that....can anyone clue me into why anyone would think that about him?? So far, the only proven thing he did that would possibly make him scum worthy was making an NFL rookie cry. If I'm not mistaken, LOTS of coaches have done that to a football player. Of course there are lots of rumors & a massive amount of misinformation about him, but nothing that anyone can provide even the slightest bit of evidence for, much less prove.

Anyhow....Roll Tide & Go Texans!

Welcome aboard! I think we got a terrific cb in Jackson. As far as Saban goes, wasn't there a massive failure at the NFL level? And something about loyalty when he was at LSU? Don't know for sure, but I always thought him a bit weasly myself.

Crimson14Tide
04-25-2010, 10:48 PM
Welcome aboard! I think we got a terrific cb in Jackson. As far as Saban goes, wasn't there a massive failure at the NFL level? And something about loyalty when he was at LSU? Don't know for sure, but I always thought him a bit weasly myself.

Oh, failure of epic proportions......but how does that make him scum?? Or even a "bad person"???

Loyalty....leaving LSU??? Okay, that's fine.....but uh, wouldn't that make every HC in football history scum?? I'm fairly certain Nick Saban was not the first HC to leave his job for a raise & a promotion (as far as league is concerned it was a promotion even though both positions were as a HC). No one at LSU, fans or administration, was upset with him for going to the NFL, so I don't see how anyone else could be. No one involved with the Dolphins had a problem with him leaving to go to Alabama. So of the fans did.....why I can't imagine. (Do they enjoy winning 7 or 8 games a season in Miami??) So I don't see how anyone else could be.* (*LSU fans sure were, but not because they thought it wrong to quit the Dolphins, but because they knew damn well what would happen once he got settled in at Alabama)

My favorite is when people try to insinuate that CNS is one of the dumbest human beings on the planet by saying that he thinks that 4 million dollars is more than 5 million.
"Nick Saban only went to Alabama for the money! All he cares about is money!!!"
Yes, people are actually dumb enough to say that a man making 5 million dollars a year quit that job to take another one making 4 million dollars a year.....because he wanted "more" money. Utterly brilliant.

And before anyone calls Homer on me.....I don't even own a pair of Crimson glasses, much less would I ever wear them if I did. I hate those type of Alabama "fans". Bammers, as we call them.

thunderkyss
04-25-2010, 11:00 PM
While you're probably on to something about being physical isn't much of an advantage any more in coverage, it sure is a big asset in run support. And the last time I looked, two of the three teams in our division - Tennessee & J-ville - make their living running the football.

I think he'll make a fine D-Rob replacement unit.

Still, a physical corner in this division is very valuable. One of the things that makes Nnamdi Asomugha one of the best in the league is his ability to be physical on the line. When we play in a division like the Colts, making those receivers work in that first 5 yards is going to be the difference between our success and failure.

I bet our sack numbers jump tremendously even though we haven't changed our starting DL.

Outside the five yards... when was the last time a Corner was praised for being physical beyond five yards?

Playmaker
04-25-2010, 11:04 PM
I'd like to hear the differences and similarities between Dunta when we drafted him back in 2004 and Kareem now. I think Dunta was more a physical hitter and Kareem sounds like a more technically sound CB. Does Kareem have more upside or did Saban tap as much talent as he could out of Kareem?

Crimson14Tide
04-25-2010, 11:09 PM
I'd like to hear the differences and similarities between Dunta when we drafted him back in 2004 and Kareem now. I think Dunta was more a physical hitter and Kareem sounds like a more technically sound CB. Does Kareem have more upside or did Saban tap as much talent as he could out of Kareem?

Despite the fact that he was drafted in the first round, I agree with CNS's assessment that KJ should have returned for his Senior year. That being said, KJ is about as NFL-ready as any rookie can be. If I had to predict KJ's career, I don't think he'll be Mr. Superstar CB (Prime Time), but I think he'll make just about every QB decided to throw the football elsewhere. As far as run support, he'll make sure his body is an obstacle the runner has to get through, but he really needs to put in some work on refining his wrapping up technique.

thunderkyss
04-25-2010, 11:14 PM

After you get to this level, for a CB, it's about using your head. If he's a student of the game, and has the work ethic they say he has, there is no ceiling.

JB
04-25-2010, 11:15 PM
Oh, failure of epic proportions......but how does that make him scum?? Or even a "bad person"???

Loyalty....leaving LSU??? Okay, that's fine.....but uh, wouldn't that make every HC in football history scum?? I'm fairly certain Nick Saban was not the first HC to leave his job for a raise & a promotion (as far as league is concerned it was a promotion even though both positions were as a HC). No one at LSU, fans or administration, was upset with him for going to the NFL, so I don't see how anyone else could be. No one involved with the Dolphins had a problem with him leaving to go to Alabama. So of the fans did.....why I can't imagine. (Do they enjoy winning 7 or 8 games a season in Miami??) So I don't see how anyone else could be.* (*LSU fans sure were, but not because they thought it wrong to quit the Dolphins, but because they knew damn well what would happen once he got settled in at Alabama)

My favorite is when people try to insinuate that CNS is one of the dumbest human beings on the planet by saying that he thinks that 4 million dollars is more than 5 million.
"Nick Saban only went to Alabama for the money! All he cares about is money!!!"
Yes, people are actually dumb enough to say that a man making 5 million dollars a year quit that job to take another one making 4 million dollars a year.....because he wanted "more" money. Utterly brilliant.

And before anyone calls Homer on me.....I don't even own a pair of Crimson glasses, much less would I ever wear them if I did. I hate those type of Alabama "fans". Bammers, as we call them.

Dude you really need to get over yourself. I was asking questions. I never caled Saban scum. I just don't like him myself. My perogative. I really don't give a shit about the liitle slime ball. I think he is a great coach that has the personality of a weasel. JMO. You don't agree that is fine, I don'tcare. i don't care about Nick Saban or Alabama at all.

GP
04-25-2010, 11:26 PM
To me , Matthews and Tate were pretty much the same player . If that's the case then they way overpaid , besides I'll take the guy from the better conference .

The last time we took a slick-looking football player from Fresno State...a bunch of people were crowing about how the guy had never played in a big game and hadn't really been challenged by playing at Fresno State.

I was one of the people who said "Aw, it don't matter where you play. He'll be fine. Just needs time."

Well, the Texans got what they wanted when they drafted David Carr. Fans didn't.

Granted, there might be a better work ethic with Mathews. There might be a better character and behavioral pattern with Mathews. Tomlinson played at TCU, which wasn't exactly competing for an NCAA title while he was there.

But fate is fickle. I can't dispute that we might've, sort of, possibly had our focus on taking Mathews in round 1. But as someone else has pointed out, is it reasonable to think that Smithiak didn't allow for the very real possibility that Mathews was going to be gone by pick 20 in round 1? Absolutely they calculated that he could be gone.

But at least it happened EARLY and not right before us. It gave them time to circle the wagons and hammer out their Plan B scenario.

Jackson and Tate, IMO, became the Plan B scenario. That's my theory. And maybe fate, because she is so very fickle, will shine on us. I hope so.

Allstar
04-25-2010, 11:47 PM
Say what you want about Nick Saban, but at least he didn't quit on his team mid-season like Petrino...

beerlover
04-25-2010, 11:48 PM
fast rising Junior but he is 22 so kinda of misleading. question is how he will fare against top flight NFL WR's? still taking a top quality CB in the 1st is smart buisness.

Crimson14Tide
04-26-2010, 12:05 AM
Dude you really need to get over yourself.* I was asking questions. I never caled Saban scum.** I just don't like him myself. My perogative. I really don't give a shit about the liitle slime ball.*** I think he is a great coach that has the personality of a weasel.**** JMO. You don't agree that is fine, I don'tcare. i don't care about Nick Saban or Alabama at all.

* I'd ask you what you're talking about, but you don't seem to know.

** And I never said you did. Why you need to point that out, I can't fathom.

*** Okay, now you did. Link?

**** Link?

I'll give you the benefit of doubt here & just assume that you're drunk or something, because you seem to be replying to things I didn't even type...

Crimson14Tide
04-26-2010, 12:08 AM
Say what you want about Nick Saban, but at least he didn't quit on his team mid-season like Petrino...

Apparently that would have been the better choice. He did the right thing by waiting until the end of the season to even talk to Alabama about taking the position, yet the media, like Dan LeBastard crucified him for it. Hopefully if you read this you won't imagine seeing a bunch of stuff I didn't even type.

The Pencil Neck
04-26-2010, 12:15 AM
* I'd ask you what you're talking about, but you don't seem to know.

** And I never said you did. Why you need to point that out, I can't fathom.

*** Okay, now you did. Link?

**** Link?

OK.

I probably shouldn't get in the middle of this because... I really don't care about Nick Saban or college football coaches or anything like that.

But... that's never stopped me from getting into the middle of these things before...

Lots of people think Nick Saban is scummy because of things that he's said to the press and the way he has exited his jobs.

When he was at LSU, people started hearing that he was interested in the Miami Dolphin HC position and reporters started asking him about it. He said that he was not interested in that position and that he didn't want to talk about those rumors. I think he may have even excluded certain reports/newspapers from coming to his press conferences.

Then he went to the Dolphins. After a year and a half there, he started having second thoughts about the NFL and he started making overtures to Alabama (or Alabama started making overtures to him.) Reporters heard rumors and started asking him about it and he got pissed off, told them that there was absolutely no truth to the rumors, yadda yadda. Over and over. And then he left for Alabama.

LSU and Dolphin fans (and many others who aren't Dolphin or LSU fans) consider him scum because of that.

Because of this, he's considered by many people to be a step or two above Petrino but in the same league.

I will now try to exit this discussion.

Crimson14Tide
04-26-2010, 12:29 AM
OK.

I probably shouldn't get in the middle of this because... I really don't care about Nick Saban or college football coaches or anything like that.

But... that's never stopped me from getting into the middle of these things before...

Lots of people think Nick Saban is scummy because of things that he's said to the press and the way he has exited his jobs.

When he was at LSU, people started hearing that he was interested in the Miami Dolphin HC position and reporters started asking him about it. He said that he was not interested in that position and that he didn't want to talk about those rumors. That's fine, but why do people pretend that every single coach in history hasn't done the same thing? Can anyone point out when a coach said, "Yeah, I'm outta here the next chance I get!" I think he may have even excluded certain reports/newspapers from coming to his press conferences.

Then he went to the Dolphins. After a year and a half there, he started having second thoughts about the NFL and he started making overtures to Alabama (or Alabama started making overtures to him.) Alabama to him. Reporters heard rumors and started asking him about it and he got pissed off, told them that there was absolutely no truth to the rumors, yadda yadda. And at the time, it was true. He told Alabama he had no interest in leaving the Dolphins at all & didn't want to even talk about it. Mal Moore (Thank God) kept pressing & finally Jimmy Sexton (CNS's agent) convinced him to at least listen to Moore. CNS agreed, but only after the season was over. (What a bastard) Over and over. And then he left for Alabama. After receiving Wayne Hyzenga's (Dolphins owner, I have no idea how to spell it) blessing. In other words, if Wayne had just said, "Nick, please stay. You're doing horrible & we love it!" Then Alabama would not have him.

LSU and Dolphin fans (and many others who aren't Dolphin or LSU fans) consider him scum because of that. This is half incorrect. I have a few friends that are LSU fans & post on a CFB board with a lot of them. They really did not care about him going to the Dolphins except for they of course wanted him to stay because he's the best HC in CFB. They just weren't mad at him because taking an NFL HCing job is just plain duh.

Because of this, he's considered by many people to be a step or two above Petrino but in the same league.

I will now try to exit this discussion.

Carr Bombed
04-26-2010, 12:40 AM
Screw Saben...

He's a great (college) football coach, but as a person he lacks integrity. He didn't check out half way through the season like Petrino did, but he still checked out all the same. When the going got tough, Saben packed up and left.

Crimson14Tide
04-26-2010, 12:46 AM
Screw Saben...

He's a great (college) football coach, but as a person he lacks integrity. He didn't check out half way through the season like Petrino did, but he still checked out none the less.

See? This is what I'm talking about. People actually seem to think Nick Saban is the only coach in history to take another job. Never mind the thousands of other coaches who did the exact same thing. I certainly don't recall Darth Visor being called scum because he also realized he was not cut out for the NFL. Gee, I wonder why that is?

I guess it's safe to say the guy who posted above has never quit a job in his life to take a better/higher paying/make him happier one.

Hey, I'm all for calling Nick Saban a scumbag.....the second anyone on Earth can prove it. So far, no one bothers trying....well, not with the truth anyway.

I just realized.....Pete Carrol is scum! WHY IS THE MEDIA NOT AWARE OF THIS?!????!!?!?!!?? LaFF LaFF LaFF

GP
04-26-2010, 12:46 AM
I think Saban is the type of guy who is highly ambitious, works extremely hard at his job, loves his job immeasurably, but struggles with his addiction to his job.

He conquered NCAA at LSU, next step: Dolphins and the NFL.

After being brought back down to earth, a string of events took place where the stars aligned and he found a way to get back to the business of being a winner.

Dolphins owner permitted it. Even he saw that Saban was sinking, and there was no point in keeping him from his appointment with coaching NCAA football again. You can't reasonably desire to keep someone (Saban) who is miserable AND not able to make your Dolphins team better than before.

Win-win situation for all involved.

I won't excuse Saban's faults as a person. But no man, nor coach, is perfect. A lot of the problem people have with Saban is either (a) envy of what he has accomplished, and that he hasn't accomplished it with THEIR team, or (b) that there is some sort of "moral obligation" code he's broken in the eyes of fans who hold loyalty to college recruits at the highest ranking of what a college coach should strive to embody.

And it's human nature to try (consciously or even on a subconscious level maybe) and wag a finger at Saban's breaking of the moral code when, deep down inside of the accusing person, he's really just bitter that Saban wins where he goes (in college ball) and that "Gee whiz, how does MY team not get Saban so we can win a damn title here!" I'm not pointing fingers at anybody here, I'm just sayin' that a lot of times we can say we hold position B when we really hold position A.

Having said all of that, a football message board is not a good place for everyone to try and reach 100% agreement upon things as subjective as organized sports and its mind-numbing affect on our minds. This concludes a test of the emergency message board intervention system, if this had been a real intervention...a message board moderator would have contacted involved parties. Good night, and God bless. Stay classy, San Diego!

:worldpeace:

Carr Bombed
04-26-2010, 12:58 AM
See? This is what I'm talking about. People actually seem to think Nick Saban is the only coach in history to take another job. Never mind the thousands of other coaches who did the exact same thing. I certainly don't recall Darth Visor being called scum because he also realized he was not cut out for the NFL. Gee, I wonder why that is?

I guess it's safe to say the guy who posted above has never quit a job in his life to take a better/higher paying/make him happier one.

Hey, I'm all for calling Nick Saban a scumbag.....the second anyone on Earth can prove it. So far, no one bothers trying....well, not with the truth anyway.

LOL, did I ever say Saben is "the only guy to take another job"? He's just one of the only guys to dump his team one year removed from a decent season. He obviously couldn't handle the fact that unlike the NCAA, the NFL is a highly competitive league where you're going to have peaks and valleys...Saben can't handle the valleys

Dude the NFL isn't the NCAA.......you need to recognize that. When you sign a NFL contract you need to be obligated to that team longer than one good year. As soon as things got hairy for Saben he ducked the hell out and ran back to the NCAA.

Second your opinion doesn't hold much weight when it's apparent the only reason why you joined this board is because we drafted YOUR PLAYER.........don't be that guy (don't be the guy who strictly posts on all things Kareem Jackson and Alabama football...this is a NFL MESSAGE BOARD, we don't give a crap about your school), and it's apparent that you're being that guy. The NFL is the big boy league and Saben couldn't or wasn't willing to step up or accept the responsibilities of the "big boy" league. Instead he lied and ran back to the NCAA and hid. He should of never tried to elevate himself to a NFL coach, if he wasn't willing to deal with the failure that comes alone with being a NFL coach. He was scared of failure and took off at the first sign that he might actually become that at this level...end of story and no need for sugar coating what happened.

Crimson14Tide
04-26-2010, 01:31 AM
Finally, a realistic view from someone. I'm all for throwing stones at Saban for *gasp* taking another job. But let's throw stones at all coaches who do it....which would be all of them....not just single one guy out. I never hear anyone whine & cry about Mike Holmgreen, Bill Parcells, Mack Brown, or any other coaches who did the same thing Saban did. Consistency, people....consistency. Also, reading comprehension is good too!

Carr Bombed
04-26-2010, 01:57 AM
Finally, a realistic view from someone. I'm all for throwing stones at Saban for *gasp* taking another job. But let's throw stones at all coaches who do it....which would be all of them....not just single one guy out. I never hear anyone whine & cry about Mike Holmgreen, Bill Parcells, Mack Brown, or any other coaches who did the same thing Saban did. Consistency, people....consistency. Also, reading comprehension is good too!

LMAO All the coaches you listed above left for BETTER JOBS/more control and were winners at the last job they held.....they aren't even comparable to the situation with Saben.

Homgren wanted full FO control.....he got that in Seattle.

Parcells wanted the same thing and was a winner at every stop he was at so he didn't duck out when the kitchen got hot.

Mack Brown has been coaching at Texas for how long now? God forbid if Texas might be a step up over NC LOL.

Saben took a NFL coaching job with one of the best franchises and when the going got tough he walked back down to a level below. What Saben did isn't even comparable to the coaches you listed above. Stop being a Alabama homer.....are you just a Alabama fan or a legit Texans' fan? Again this isn't a college message board, we don't give a crap about NCAA football in this forum. If Saben wanted the Alabama job he could of had it when he left LSU...he tested the NFL waters and then ran, that's not remotely comparable to what the coaches did above.

Crimson14Tide
04-26-2010, 02:02 AM
There's no need to "Sugar coat" (ie: tell the truth), but there is a need to lie & greatly exaggerate....there's some rock solid reasoning. :lol:

Also, you can try to tell me what to do....but you'll just fail every time.

Carr Bombed
04-26-2010, 02:06 AM
There's no need to "Sugar coat" (ie: tell the truth), but there is a need to lie & greatly exaggerate....there's some rock solid reasoning. :lol:

Also, you can try to tell me what to do....but you'll just fail every time.

???

what are you talking about. If you're "telling the truth" then tell me where I was wrong. I'll save you time......you can't. Saben ran out on the NFL, he didn't get a better job or more control (like the other coaches that you listed and shouldn't compare Saben too). He failed as a NFL coach and tucked tail when the **** got hot. Seeing your join date it's obvious that you're one of those annoying fans that signs up on message boards everywhere just because of a player they drafted. You aren't even a real Houston Texans' fan. Hell anybody could pull up your post history and see all you've post about is Alabama.....newsflash, this isn't a Alabama message board.

Crimson14Tide
04-26-2010, 02:51 AM
"He's just one of the only guys to dump his team one year removed from a decent season."

You have NO clue what you're talking about in ANY of your post. NONE. I don't know what low-ass standards you're judging this by but, 6-10 is certainly not a decent season, and 9-7 with no playoffs isn't either. You apparently think he coached a third season, I'm guessing. But no, two bad seasons was it.

"He obviously couldn't handle the fact that unlike the NCAA, the NFL is a highly competitive league...."

There is no response to such a statement.

"Second your opinion doesn't hold much weight when it's apparent the only reason why you joined this board is because we drafted YOUR PLAYER.........don't be that guy (don't be the guy who strictly posts on all things Kareem Jackson and Alabama football"

Read my previous posts. That would have helped tremendously.

"LMAO All the coaches you listed above left for BETTER JOBS/more control and were winners at the last job they held.....they aren't even comparable to the situation with Saben."

First of all, the absurdly short list of examples I gave were only four of thousands. Not all of those coaches quit jobs to go to "better" ("better" is subjective, BTW as I'm sure you were unaware of that) jobs. Seeing as CNS & Darth Visor are college coaches, I'm sure they're two excellent examples of people who would probably view MOST college HCing jobs as "better" than the Dolphins or Redskins jobs.

"If Saben wanted the Alabama job he could of had it when he left LSU...he tested the NFL waters and then ran, that's not remotely comparable to what the coaches did above. "

Much like everything else, you've just decided to speculate instead of know.

"If you're "telling the truth" then tell me where I was wrong. I'll save you time......you can't. Saben ran out on the NFL, he didn't get a better job or more control (like the other coaches that you listed and shouldn't compare Saben too)"

More speculation. You have no idea if Saban got a "better" (remember how "better" is subjective) job or more control or not. It's beyond obvious (to anyone who would check, read, or listen instead of just speculating) that he has more control. I'd also be willing to bet my bottom dollar that he thinks he has a "better" job now. Oh, & of course he "ran" out of the NFL. It's all because he's a big coward & was scared to death. It can't POSSIBLY be any other reason at all.

"Seeing your join date it's obvious that you're one of those annoying fans that signs up on message boards everywhere just because of a player they drafted."

Seriously, every single word you post is pure speculation/opinion. NOTHING you have posted can be backed up with ANY facts AT ALL. NOTHING! First MSG board I ever joined in my life, 2005. Just a board that had forums for everything & I mainly stick with CFB. Second MSG board I ever joined. This one after being a Texans semi-fan since Demeco Ryans was drafted.....& I hate the Cowboys, sans George Teague.

So, basically....you can take all your speculation, lies, misinformation, misplaced jealousy/hatred, & ignorance....& go **** yourself with a rusty, flaming, badly misshapen crowbar, you dumb ass, ignorant....wait, let me speculate some....you're a fan of a team in Texas....oh, you're "obviously" some wife beater wearing, alcoholic, toothless, gun-psycho redneck. Hey, that was kinda fun....I guess I see why do you it, but God, it's overkill when you do it every single post.

You know, I asked what I did about Saban because I noticed that someone mentioned earlier that he was "scum" &, of course much like yourself could not/refused to offer any evidence to support his claim. I made the obviously massive mistake of asking to anyone if they knew of any evidence (that wasn't rumor/lies/misinformation) to back up that claim because of the combination of he's my coach & the fact that as a person who actually read/listened to interviews with Saban/His Agent/Dolphins owner, I knew a lot the truth & of course already know that no one would be able to provide evidence/facts that don't exist.

Completely my fault to be honest.

Crimson14Tide
04-26-2010, 02:57 AM
Bottom line:

If the person who was "wronged" does not think they were "wronged", then the person who "wronged" them did no "wrong". But when you hear a rumor that Saban left a post-it note on WH's (Dolphins owner) door that says, "I quit, sucka!!!1!!!11!!eleven!!!" & don't bother to find out that WH actually told Saban that it was perfectly fine for him to leave AND that Saban would have stayed if WH had SIMPLY ASKED HIM TO, then go slamming away at your keyboard with all your misinformation....someone who actually knows what happened is going to think you're an ignorant fool, you ignorant fool.

Now, I'm done derailing the thread. Are you?

Carr Bombed
04-26-2010, 03:17 AM
LOL, this is becoming a joke......You join as soon as we draft Jackson and then try to act like your decision to register to this board has NOTHING to do with drafting Jackson.

Then you jump on everybody who thinks Saben is a turd (and he is BTW..he was a complete TURD in the NFL) and then want everybody to believe that you're not just a "Alabama fan"...when pretty much every post you've contributed so far has to do with Alabama and nothing has to do with the actual Texans. :rake:

Whatever.....again if you want to be a Texans fan then do so...we'll gladly except you, but don't try to sign up on here and preach everything "ALABAMA" because people here don't give a crap about that school or college football in general. This thread is about Sunday's and unlike you we can separate the difference between Sundays and Saturdays. Again this is a NFL message board.

P.S.

LMAO at you climbing the walls in Saben's honor typing crap like this...

So, basically....you can take all your speculation, lies, misinformation, misplaced jealousy/hatred, & ignorance....& go **** yourself with a rusty, flaming, badly misshapen crowbar, you dumb ass, ignorant....wait, let me speculate some....you're a fan of a team in Texas....oh, you're "obviously" some wife beater wearing, alcoholic, toothless, gun-psycho redneck.

Wow, just wow.....I don't even know what to say. :spit: Oh lord.

GP
04-26-2010, 07:47 AM

Hold on there, Buster Brown. I only did what we are all supposed to be doing: making this about the issues.

If I were to weigh in on personal matters, I would say that you're getting carried away with defending someone you don't even personally have a relationship with (Saban). You're not exactly making a graceful entry into this message board. And your screen name and posts thus far indicate you possibly are a 'Bama fan first. We all have our favorite college, but you're getting overly offended on this deal.

That's what I would say if I weighed in on the personal matters here. But I won't do that because I don't want to hijack this thread. :)

maddogmrb
04-26-2010, 09:22 AM
Seems like a solid pick.

JB
04-26-2010, 10:03 AM
Bottom line:

If the person who was "wronged" does not think they were "wronged", then the person who "wronged" them did no "wrong". But when you hear a rumor that Saban left a post-it note on WH's (Dolphins owner) door that says, "I quit, sucka!!!1!!!11!!eleven!!!" & don't bother to find out that WH actually told Saban that it was perfectly fine for him to leave AND that Saban would have stayed if WH had SIMPLY ASKED HIM TO, then go slamming away at your keyboard with all your misinformation....someone who actually knows what happened is going to think you're an ignorant fool, you ignorant fool.

Now, I'm done derailing the thread. Are you?

Dude I don't know what you problem is. But your high post & rep count don't really hurt when you neg rep me for "attacking me for no apparant reason". But if that is the way you want to roll, that's fine. You will not like this board. Now just go away troll! :pissed:

BigTimeTexanFan
04-26-2010, 10:17 AM
I thought this was a Kareem Jackson thread?

Blake
04-26-2010, 10:22 AM
I case anyone hasnt seen this. Kareem arriving in Houston and checking out the badassness that is Reliant field.

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/index.asp?mm_file_id=4070&play_clip=Y

TexCanada
04-26-2010, 10:31 AM
I case anyone hasnt seen this. Kareem arriving in Houston and checking out the badassness that is Reliant field.

http://www.houstontexans.com/tv/index.asp?mm_file_id=4070&play_clip=Y

That was a pretty cool vid. Kareem seems like a humble guy, I think he is going to be a great addition to our team.

GP
04-26-2010, 10:56 AM
Crimson14Tide:

Let me help you out here.

It's the culture of this board to NOT give out negative rep when you fall into disagreements with other people on here. What IS acceptable, in terms of giving out neg rep, is to give it to someone who is misusing the rep system. In addition, just being a bit turd'ish (in general, about everything) is a good way to get neg rep'd here.

If you want to put someone on notice, privately, you send them a private message or you give them POSITIVE rep and then type in the comment box what it is that makes your undies get into a bunch about him/her.

Every board is different. This one is pretty subdued and generous, and you can build long-term affiliations on here if you just calm down and think things through a bit.

But it seems like you're trying to come in here, and for lack of a better phrase "boil the ocean" with your attempts to make certain people admire Saban and not say anything bad about him. Good luck with boiling the ocean...let me know when it's there.

If you are a Texans fan, then spread out your comments a bit...don't focus on just the threads that deal with a 'Bama player. Not saying you haven't been to other threads, but am saying that we can all get bogged down in our own little world(s) and not know what else is going on around here.

Welcome to the board, and I hope you stick around. Over time, if you do, you will learn how this board functions in terms of the culture that exists here.

Carr Bombed
04-26-2010, 01:16 PM
Dude I don't know what you problem is. But your high post & rep count don't really hurt when you neg rep me for "attacking me for no apparant reason". But if that is the way you want to roll, that's fine. You will not like this board. Now just go away troll! :pissed:

LOL I told him the same thing when I negative repped him back. He doesn't even have any rep points, it doesn't do anything. :)

Dan B.
04-26-2010, 01:25 PM
Neg rep is a stupid concept. I like the way this board just ignores it for the most part.

I've seen crazier entries into the board than this one, though.

I think Saban is one of the best coaches in football, and that he consistently produces fundamentally sound players that contribute immediately.I see no reason to turn a thread about our 1st Round draft pick into one pissing all over his coach.

Crimson, I'd like to hear your thoughts through the season on some of these SEC players -- not just the ones from UA. I don't know many of them very well and I always appreciate a perspective from someone who has been there.

If you want to be a Texans fan, be a Texans fan. Glad to have you and there's still plenty of room. Most of us aren't going to start harping on your join date, especially once you've posted a while. Be prepared to back up your statements though.

BIG TORO
04-26-2010, 01:29 PM
Mr. Jackson will be sporting the number 25!

gtexan02
04-26-2010, 01:31 PM
Some issues I'd like to address:

1) Saban is a good DB coach. Do you think Jackson could be "maxed out" before he even gets here? Is he going to be one of th eplayers we see come in strong as a rookie then regress?

2) Antoine Caldwell is huge

Ole Miss Texan
04-26-2010, 01:32 PM
Crimson14Tide, welcome to the boards. Let's keep it classy and represent the Tide like us Texans fans have been accustomed to: See Demeco Ryans and Antoine Caldwell; I suspect soon to be Kareem Jackson too!

And stop beating Ole Miss, dadgummit.

Ole Miss Texan
04-26-2010, 01:37 PM
Some issues I'd like to address:

1) Saban is a good DB coach. Do you think Jackson could be "maxed out" before he even gets here? Is he going to be one of th eplayers we see come in strong as a rookie then regress?

2) Antoine Caldwell is huge

I sure hope that's not the case. He could be a guy that's pretty darn developed and able to contribute right away but maybe doesn't have that high of ceiling? Just writing out loud here. Maybe a guy with a fairly high floor but low ceiling? Don't really know much about Jackson but he could be one of those players that is smart, confident and will prepare for games unlike most CB's and really exceed over the other CBs in that way.

I think Saban is a great coach, in general. I feel like he's a guy that doesn't just recruit players but also actually coaches them into being the best they can be. And I don't mean just making his team better, but actually DEVELOPING players for short term and longterm success. I see Alabama as a place that Kubiak/Smith will be keeping an eye on for years.

Carr Bombed
04-26-2010, 01:46 PM
Neg rep is a stupid concept. I like the way this board just ignores it for the most part.

I've seen crazier entries into the board than this one, though.

I think Saban is one of the best coaches in football, and that he consistently produces fundamentally sound players that contribute immediately.I see no reason to turn a thread about our 1st Round draft pick into one pissing all over his coach.

Crimson, I'd like to hear your thoughts through the season on some of these SEC players -- not just the ones from UA. I don't know many of them very well and I always appreciate a perspective from someone who has been there.

If you want to be a Texans fan, be a Texans fan. Glad to have you and there's still plenty of room. Most of us aren't going to start harping on your join date, especially once you've posted a while. Be prepared to back up your statements though.

I don't neg rep people unless the neg rep me......I just found it funny he neg repped me because I don't worship Saben's shadow. (I said the guy is a great college coach....but he was a shitty NFL coach and the way he handled that situation was equally shitty) Oh well, like I said his rep didn't even register.

The Pencil Neck
04-26-2010, 01:53 PM
I got a rep from him, too. I just don't know if it was a negative rep or a positive rep because it didn't register and he didn't leave a message on mine.

BIG TORO
04-26-2010, 02:10 PM
I got a rep from him, too. I just don't know if it was a negative rep or a positive rep because it didn't register and he didn't leave a message on mine.

Being that is you PN it was probably a neg! :lol:

MojoMan
04-26-2010, 02:34 PM
Crimson14Tide:

Let me help you out here.

It's the culture of this board to NOT give out negative rep when you fall into disagreements with other people on here. What IS acceptable, in terms of giving out neg rep, is to give it to someone who is misusing the rep system. In addition, just being a bit turd'ish (in general, about everything) is a good way to get neg rep'd here.

If you want to put someone on notice, privately, you send them a private message or you give them POSITIVE rep and then type in the comment box what it is that makes your undies get into a bunch about him/her.

SWTbound has been giving out negative rep routinely for years to people he disagrees with, including myself.

But SWT is a special case. Apparently he just does cannot bring himself to act any better than that. The example that SWT sets is certainly not one that any good citizen of this board would seek to follow.

gtexan02
04-26-2010, 02:54 PM
SWTbound has been giving out negative rep routinely for years to people he disagrees with, including myself.

But SWT is a special case. Apparently he just does cannot bring himself to act any better than that. The example that SWT sets is certainly not one that any good citizen of this board would seek to follow.

So a thread on Kareem Jackson has now turned into a soapbox opportunity to bash swt?

lol, this is going to be a long offseason.

Lets focus on the draft picks. This should be an exciting thread, since CB was clearly our biggest need and we got who should be a good one

TexCanada
04-26-2010, 02:56 PM

lol its funny that you say that cause I got a neg rep from him within the first week i joined this board...then haven't got one since.

The Pencil Neck
04-26-2010, 02:57 PM
Being that is you PN it was probably a neg! :lol:

Watch out there, sparky, or I'll neg rep ya.

:kitten:

TexCanada
04-26-2010, 02:57 PM
So a thread on Kareem Jackson has now turned into a soapbox opportunity to bash swt?

lol, this is going to be a long offseason.

Lets focus on the draft picks. This should be an exciting thread, since CB was clearly our biggest need and we got who should be a good one

The NFL off-season it always brutally long, we have to entertain ourselves somehow.

Go Kareem! I think it is very possible that he could be our starter right from week one. That is a little scary though since we face the Colts in that game.

Brandon420tx
04-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Crimson14tide

Which college game do you think best alludes to the best we can look forward to from K-Jackson?

GuerillaBlack
04-26-2010, 04:00 PM
fast rising Junior but he is 22 so kinda of misleading. question is how he will fare against top flight NFL WR's? still taking a top quality CB in the 1st is smart buisness.

Jackson just turned 22 this month, so he's right where he should be really.

lol its funny that you say that cause I got a neg rep from him within the first week i joined this board...then haven't got one since.

That's how you get initiated bro. One of my first posts on this forum got negative repped. I said "I just can't believe we are starting out like this. Bad start. Let Gado run next time on first down. Carr will just get sacked." I cried for a few days after that.

swtbound07
04-26-2010, 10:34 PM

Its not people...its just you.

El Tejano
04-27-2010, 10:39 AM
I found some interesting info just now about where the lineage to drafting Kareem may have come from.

Nick Saban 1988-1989 Secondary Coach Houston Oilers
http://alabama.rivals.com/viewcoach....t=1&Coach=1924

Frank Bush
[edit] Houston Oilers
In 1987 Bush was hired by the Oilers to be their college scout and he remained at the position until 1992 when he was promoted to linebackers coach. He served as the teams linebackers coach until 1994.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Bush

Not saying for sure but this had to help tip the scale in Kareem's favor.

Does anyone here know what role Frank Bush played in drafting Antrelle Rolle and Dominque Rogers-Cromartie?

b0ng
04-27-2010, 11:25 AM
I'm pretty sure Bush was here when the Cards drafted DRC.

Ole Miss Texan
04-27-2010, 11:39 AM
I'm pretty sure Bush was here when the Cards drafted DRC.

I think that's correct, DRC was part of the 2008 draft and Bush was already on the Texans staff at that point. Additionally I think Bush's background has more to do with the linebackers than secondary.

devo-x
04-27-2010, 06:48 PM
How does Kareen Jackson compare to Dunta Robinson (Another former first-round pick)?

JB
04-27-2010, 07:05 PM
How does Kareen Jackson compare to Dunta Robinson (Another former first-round pick)?

Go read 76Texan's film review here

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71428

He does a great job and will answer your questions

Wolf
05-02-2010, 01:32 PM
For the second consecutive year, HoustonTexans.com is offering fans exclusive one-on-one interviews with key figures in the Texans' NFL draft process in our "Draft Pass" series.

In the third segment, Texans first round pick Kareem Jackson talks with Drew Dougherty of Texans TV about the whirlwind start to his NFL career.

Drew Dougherty: Kareem, you've been cool, calm and collected here on the first day. Have you always been like that, or is it a recent thing?

Kareem Jackson: I think I've always been that way. Very laid back, not a guy that does a lot of talking. I'd just rather let my actions speak. That's just how I've always been since I was little.

Dougherty: Did you meet with the Texans at the combine?

Jackson: Yeah, I met with the Texans at the combine. I met with a lot of teams, so I was telling them earlier that I don't quite remember the people that were in the room. Once I heard my name called and I got the phone call from the Texans yesterday, I was very excited. But it just kind of shocked me because I hadn't heard from them since the combine. I didn't have any individual meetings with them as far as visiting the facilities or an individual workout with them, so it kind of shocked me.

Dougherty: How much did you even know about the Texans when you were growing up, and in the last year or so?

Jackson: I watched a couple games in the last couple years. I know a couple of players. I had a fellow teammate that played at Alabama with me. That's about all, though.

Dougherty: Yeah, (former Alabama teammate) Antoine Caldwell gave you a big hug this morning, and you guys got to talk. He was the first Texan that you saw. How fun was that for you?

Jackson: Oh yeah, that was very fun. To know that I have a familiar face here once I get here, they can show me around and kind of show me the ropes and stuff. So it's very fun for me.

Dougherty: Once you do hit the practice field, you've got a fantastic receiving corps that you're going to practice against, including the best guy in the league in Andre Johnson. What do you think you'll learn and improve upon by going against guys like that?

Jackson: I think I'll learn a lot. Specifically the do's and the don'ts. What to do to those type of athletes. Big, physical strong guys such as Andre Johnson. I'll learn a lot and I'm looking forward to it.

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/Story.asp?story_id=6139

76Texan
05-02-2010, 03:51 PM
Very confident, yet very humble!

Same way I feel about how he's going to turn out for us.
He will do well!

CloakNNNdagger
05-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Very confident, yet very humble!

Same way I feel about how he's going to turn out for us.
He will do well!

Sort of reminds me of a defense AJ counterpart.

Texan4Ever
05-02-2010, 11:33 PM
Its comforting to know that Kareem Jackson will get tested by the best WR in the business--Andre Johnson. Maybe by going up against AJ during practice and getting a few pointers from him he could develop into that cover corner we've lacked.

buddyboy
05-03-2010, 12:53 AM
Its comforting to know that Kareem Jackson will get tested by the best WR in the business--Andre Johnson. Maybe by going up against AJ during practice and getting a few pointers from him he could develop into that cover corner we've lacked.

Hmm, maybe that's the reason why none of our corner develop. Getting burned by the best in the league over and over in practice can't be good for your psyche. ^^

76Texan
05-03-2010, 10:16 AM
I was thinking about that analogy myself!
AJ and KJ... and they will be practicing againts each other a lot.
It will be all business, I tell ya'. These two, they can go at each other all day long; they'll never want to get off the field.

But KJ would show emotion after a good play a bit more often than AJ when he first got here. Not showboating, but just happy whether it was him or his teammates.

Section516
05-03-2010, 10:30 AM

If he can be our Defensive AJ...

Lead the league in Interceptions and Interception Yards back to back years...

:heart::heart: