PDA

View Full Version : This Is Different .

Honoring Earl 34
04-16-2010, 09:58 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Saints-lineman-is-really-sorry-that-he-was-a-jer?urn=nfl,234516

"I was proud of my school, but I know my school wasn't proud of me, so that was important to me," Nicks said. "I'm embarrassed." [...]

"I'm not who I was then," he said. "It just kind of hurts, to know I made a fool of myself."

"I wouldn't be true to Nebraska if I didn't try to apologize to [current head coach] Bo Pelini, even though I didn't play for him," Nicks said. "He's the face of Nebraska. I have to make it right with him, [athletic director] Mr. [Tom] Osborne and everyone I did wrong when I was here."

Osborne surprised Nicks by greeting him as Carl — "I didn't think he knew my name" — and then told him to learn from his mistakes and finish his college degree as soon as possible.

kiwitexansfan
04-16-2010, 10:16 AM
Got to give credit to the guy for apologising.

Honoring Earl 34
04-16-2010, 10:20 AM
Got to give credit to the guy for apologising.

Yep ... he realized it wasn't just him , and had the guts to admit it .

bah007
04-16-2010, 01:19 PM
Wish I heard more stories like this and less stories about Big Ben.

drewmar74
04-16-2010, 01:39 PM

Ain't that the truth.

HOU-TEX
04-16-2010, 02:30 PM

That's for dadgum sure. It seems every year there's always something during the off-season that the media run with. Vick and his dogs, Rodgers and his loaded gun, Ben and his whatever you call it, etc

Section516
04-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Wait till Farve Watch HouTex.

HOU-TEX
04-16-2010, 02:34 PM
Wait till Farve Watch HouTex.

Yeah, can't wait. Ha

I didn't mention that because it's not a crime, but I definitely know what you mean. I like Favre, but dang bro, let's not drag it out this year.

Honoring Earl 34
04-16-2010, 03:28 PM
Yeah, can't wait. Ha

I didn't mention that because it's not a crime, but I definitely know what you mean. I like Favre, but dang bro, let's not drag it out this year.

I used to like Favre but now his diva act has gotten old . If it's not Favre's act then it's Gruden's on MNF . My gosh it's freakin sickening listening to him gush about the old days with Holgrem and Favre .

El Tejano
04-16-2010, 07:23 PM
Well based on what I saw yesterday, looks like Gruden is getting chubby for Tebow.

b0ng
04-16-2010, 08:08 PM
I used to like Favre but now his diva act has gotten old . If it's not Favre's act then it's Gruden's on MNF . My gosh it's freakin sickening listening to him gush about the old days with Holgrem and Favre .

I guess I'm the complete opposite. I was tired of Favre's act until last year when I saw his Sears commercials. Those things are damned funny and he can poke fun at himself on a national level.

I say bring on the madness, gotta have something to gripe about in the offseason anyway and we've just about beaten the Okoye horse to death.