PDA

View Full Version : Steelers open to Big Ben Offers

BIG TORO
04-15-2010, 01:50 PM
The Pittsburgh Steelers haven't talked with other teams about dealing embattled quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, but they've had significant internal discussions about the matter, a source with knowledge of the situation said Thursday.

According to the source, Steelers ownership remains dismayed and embarrassed by Roethlisberger's actions in a Georgia college town this offseason and finds his string of off-the-field incidents troubling. The team has been closely monitoring the public backlash against Roethlisberger.

Steelers news conference
Steelers president
Art Rooney II will address the Ben Roethlisberger situation Thursday. NFL Network will air the news conference live at 2:30 p.m. ET. More ... "The Rooneys are livid," the source said.

A Georgia district attorney decided not to hand down sexual-assault criminal charges against Roethlisberger on Monday, but the Steelers, as well as the NFL, could impose their own discipline on him.

Roethlisberger met with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on Tuesday. Goodell said Wednesday that he would make a decision on Roethlisberger's status "in the near future."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8178b2b1&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Wow the Steelers don't play!

Dutchrudder
04-15-2010, 02:03 PM
Trade him and a 2nd to the Rams for #1 pick overall and get Bradford.

eriadoc
04-15-2010, 02:46 PM
I like the Rooneys. I still have that childhood dislike for the Steelers, stemming from my time as an Oilers fan in the LYB era, but things like this help it fade even further into the past.

BIG TORO
04-15-2010, 02:55 PM
I think this is a good time for the Raiders to make a move on him.

eriadoc
04-15-2010, 02:56 PM
I think this is a good time for the Raiders to make a move on him.

I'd love that. Guys like Roethlisberger need to be sent to the NFL equivalent of a weather station in Nome, AK.

WWJD
04-15-2010, 02:58 PM
Wow. Hard to even comprehend how this has transpired. He does have scalps on the wall and now he's in discussions for a trade possibly.

Ryan
04-15-2010, 03:00 PM
If they do deal him, move him to the NFC. The AFC is getting too restacked.

BIG TORO
04-15-2010, 03:02 PM
I'd love that. Guys like Roethlisberger need to be sent to the NFL equivalent of a weather station in Nome, AK.

I think he would be a good fit, they need a QB, and the Raiders welcome drama.

BigBull17
04-15-2010, 03:38 PM
I like this. I'm tired of guys acting like animals and teams ignoring it. I know nothing was prooven, but he is a freakin ***** either way. If you don't learn the first time, you will never learn. Ask Lynch.