PDA

View Full Version : David Boston

ThaShark316
03-07-2005, 03:36 PM
I just saw this on KFFL.com

Dolphins | Boston Cut - from www.KFFL.com
Mon, 7 Mar 2005 12:59:14 -0800

MiamiDolphins.com reports the Miami Dolphins announced they have terminated the contract of WR David Boston.

-------

Would you take a shot @ Boston...I wouldn't shoot it down, but I doubt if I would sign this guy. Your thoughts?

Oh and he'd teach all the Texans how to Juice up.... :heh:

keyfro
03-07-2005, 03:38 PM
i would never count an athlete like him out...although i'm not sure if he's a reciever anymore...i think he's been so into his body building that you could almost use him as a pas-catching tight end...just an idea

ThaShark316
03-07-2005, 03:41 PM
Damn, I forgot...he IS from here...could be SOMEWHAT interesting.... :hmmm:

dirty steve
03-07-2005, 04:01 PM
dude is a cancer, want no part of him.

ThaShark316
03-07-2005, 04:02 PM
dude is a cancer, want no part of him.

he's more of a steroid, than a cancer.... :whistle:

Vinny
03-07-2005, 04:05 PM
If you won't practice because your nipples hurt...you can't make my team.

Reddevil63
03-07-2005, 04:10 PM
AHAHAHA, thats classic right there.

THEFUTURE
03-07-2005, 04:11 PM
i wouldnt, but if we did, make him a linebacker, he is freakin huge... all that roid rage may be of some good, lol

jagualex
03-07-2005, 04:20 PM
All i got to say is if i was a corner.....id be intimidated.

Meloy
03-07-2005, 04:26 PM
Nipples or not here comes the W.W.E.They do not care about steroids. Just ask Lex Luther (if he is still alive).

THEFUTURE
03-07-2005, 04:29 PM
not really, Boston can't do much, he had trouble extending his arms full length because of his bulk, it makes it easier on a CB. the only advantage Boston has is when he does get the ball he is tougher to bring down, thats all... he isnt as fast as he was, cant jump as well, isnt as flexible

jacquescas
03-07-2005, 05:03 PM
i'd take him on an extremely favorable deal. no big money, no mulityear deal.

texanfan2002114
03-07-2005, 05:11 PM

when did you become the owner?? or gm?? or head coach??

Dionysus22
03-07-2005, 05:26 PM
*rotflmfao* Dude that made my day!!

Grid
03-07-2005, 05:27 PM
boy.. that one flew right over your head didnt it texanfan2002114?

Vinny
03-07-2005, 05:38 PM
when did you become the owner?? or gm?? or head coach??
I wasn't speaking literally dude. If you need a translation it means that I'm not real excited about a guy who complained about practice after he pierced his nipples.

Honoring Earl 34
03-07-2005, 05:57 PM
:woot George Halas let Butkus and Ditka sit out when they got their nipples pierced . Lombardi had his players get theirs pierced in the offseason thats why his names on the super bowl trophy .

MIGHTYTEX
03-07-2005, 06:19 PM
I saw on ESPN that the Dolphins will be releasing Boston. Do you think we should see about picking him up as our #2 WR.

LikeABoss
03-07-2005, 06:21 PM
No way! This dude has major issues and he is pretty selfish. Thats what got him booted out of Arizona, San Diego one year after signing a huge contract with them, and now Miami and he didn't even play a signle down :thumbdown

Blake
03-07-2005, 06:24 PM
You know some team will still take a chance on him.

LikeABoss
03-07-2005, 06:26 PM
^^Yep, prolly so :)

Just hope it ain't the Texans :thumbdown

Another knock against the dude is that he cares more about being a professional body builder instead of a professional football player :rolleyes: :thumbdown

Blake
03-07-2005, 06:28 PM
Actually I just read the article, and it says they cut him because he failed his physical. So maybe he is done.

gcolby
03-07-2005, 06:46 PM
He had some arrest issues back in Arizona. The Texans will rule him out because of that.

I'd still give good money to hear Capers say on his radio show that we wouldn't take him because of his nipples. :heh:

Hervoyel
03-07-2005, 07:07 PM
:woot George Halas let Butkus and Ditka sit out when they got their nipples pierced . Lombardi had his players get theirs pierced in the offseason thats why his names on the super bowl trophy .

Are you kidding? Butkus got his re-pierced before every game just to give him that angry "edge". Rumor has it that Jack Lambert did the same thing. Todays players are such wimps compared to those guys.

Dionysus22
03-07-2005, 07:08 PM
You know some team will still take a chance on him.

Most likely Cowgirls. They'll take anybody!

Vinny
03-07-2005, 07:32 PM
Here is a good article about David Boston (http://www.orangemane.com/BB/printthread.php?t=5221) that was written a while back. It pretty much sums him up. It was originally done by ESPN Mag

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
03-07-2005, 07:39 PM
The consensus in Arizona is that he'll break down, that his ankles are too thin to carry that load, that he's too massive for the ligaments on his sprinter legs. The consensus is that the patella tendon in his right knee -- the one that burst last season -- will burst again.

Exactly what I was going to say.

rittenhouserobz
03-08-2005, 05:22 AM
We do need a WR that is rehabing to match all the other positions that we have rehabbing. I say bring him in. He won't play and we will put him on the PUP list for 6 weeks and then no practice for 3 more finally landing him on the injured reserve list. So you see there is room for David on the team. :)

ojthecat
05-06-2005, 11:08 AM
What do you guys think about getting David Boston to lpay for us? So he made a mistake with the weed who cares. This guy can play and we have moved from only having chior boys to having football players. No body else seems to want him, I say let's give him a shot.

LBC_Justin
05-06-2005, 11:15 AM
No body else seems to want him
he sounds awesome

TheOgre
05-06-2005, 11:15 AM
He is from here but he has burnt his bridges in Arizona, San Diego, and now Miami. He has only had 1 great year in his career. What do you gain by bringing in this guy?

THEFUTURE
05-06-2005, 11:42 AM
a steroid user

SESupergenius
05-06-2005, 11:58 AM
You get to see those cool colored contacts he wears. http://www.langeeyecare.com/cat_eye.jpg

THEFUTURE
05-06-2005, 12:07 PM
i say make him a LB, or a SS, he is fast enough, and big enough, and all that roid rage could do him some good, lay some guys out

Hervoyel
05-06-2005, 12:38 PM
Another knock against the dude is that he cares more about being a professional body builder instead of a professional football player :rolleyes: :thumbdown

And you know what? That's not a knock against the dude. There's nothing wrong with being a professional body builder and clearly that's what Boston wants to do. He's not much in the way of a team player and body building is I think a perfect place for someone with his mentality/

The only thing wrong is that he needs to quit signing with teams and wasting their time pretending to still be a wide reciever.

El Tejano
05-06-2005, 01:15 PM
What if he said he would be a TE?

Vinny
05-06-2005, 01:24 PM
Then he would be a team cancer from TE instead of WR.

Texan Dave
05-06-2005, 01:37 PM
The coach in Miami that brought him in, (hasn't been gone a year, and already forgot his name) actually had some GOOD things to say about him. Also he has lost a lot of that weight, but, he's probably still big enough to make Babin or Peak look like a little *****, but he is smaller. But that being the only two things I've heard good about him since he made the probowl in AZ. I say he's too much of a risk, stay away from him, although him with the right attitude, and as healthy as his early years, would've been really interesting to see. I mean imagine that freak, lined up across from our freak, two men that size with that speed, and those hands, playing wideout on one team. I think that would make defensive backs hate playing us worse than indianapollis. Hell, that would make Steve Atwater and Ronnie Lott have nightmares.

Before you say anything negetive towards my post, this is my fantasy not you'rs, and it can play out any way I want it to!!!!

Maybe Steve Atwater wouldn't have nightmares, he had his own great experiences with steriod freaks. He absolutely destroyed the Nigerian Nightmare.

LikeABoss
05-06-2005, 07:52 PM
And you know what? That's not a knock against the dude. There's nothing wrong with being a professional body builder and clearly that's what Boston wants to do. He's not much in the way of a team player and body building is I think a perfect place for someone with his mentality/

The only thing wrong is that he needs to quit signing with teams and wasting their time pretending to still be a wide reciever.

I typed this two months ago and you're just now addressing me about this?

What's the purpose?

Hervoyel
05-06-2005, 11:20 PM
I quoted you but I wasn't "addressing you" or anything like that if that means "calling you out" or being in any way confrontational with you. Back when this thread was new I didn't read it in too much detail. Boston didn't much interest me then and he really doesn't much interest me now. When the thread popped back up towards the top I looked it over again and your comments just made me think.

Boston really is a professional body builder playing football now. He should go do that full time IMO. It fits what he wants to do with his body and it's a "sport" that he can compete in all by himself. I think you were on to something when you said that and he'd be much happier out of football.

Texans1984
05-07-2005, 10:10 AM
Just ask Lex Luther . dude its lex luger for those of us who were big wrestling fans as kids yea boston is a riod freak

wiley2002
05-07-2005, 03:10 PM
Yes and so is Brock Lesner. He looks like a wimp in college wrestling pictures.

throwANDREtheBALL
05-07-2005, 03:48 PM
I think Brock "too slow" Lesnar would be better for our team than David "nipples" Boston.

But, maybe if we got Boston into YOGA and got his flexlibility back, so he could stetch his arms out and catch again, maybe then he'd be decent. Except for the fact that he wouldn't ever do anything that someone else asked him too. Aww, who am I kidding, I still think he'd be better than Mckinney in the middle.

Capers talking to David Boston in training camp, "So, um Mr.nipples, can you snap the ball?"

"Hey Brock, if you can beat Seth "The" Payne "Train", in a ladder match then you can have the starting NT spot.

ATX
05-08-2005, 01:35 PM
according to matt berman from fox 26 sports, the texans have agreed to a 2 year 18 million dollar contract with david boston.

ATX
05-08-2005, 01:35 PM
ha, just kidding

bayshorebevo
05-08-2005, 08:27 PM
if he was cheap enough & they read him the riot act, it might be worth a one-yr deal with an option for the texans to renew. with the media blitz on the roidz, he probably wouldn't pick up the needle. that blown out knee is a bigger risk than the juice. hopefully, he won't get his knee pierced with an earring.

Texas_Thrill
05-09-2005, 02:21 AM
Seriously.....why is this even a thread? I mean he has clearly proven he's NOT into football.

I mean hell even Moss aint this much of a headcase. We are VERY ok at WR and unless he's coming into be a FB then let's just drop this nonsense.

Texans1984
05-09-2005, 09:14 AM
I think Brock "too slow" Lesnar would be better for our team than David "nipples" Boston.

But, maybe if we got Boston into YOGA and got his flexlibility back, so he could stetch his arms out and catch again, maybe then he'd be decent. Except for the fact that he wouldn't ever do anything that someone else asked him too. Aww, who am I kidding, I still think he'd be better than Mckinney in the middle.

Capers talking to David Boston in training camp, "So, um Mr.nipples, can you snap the ball?"

"Hey Brock, if you can beat Seth "The" Payne "Train", in a ladder match then you can have the starting NT spot.

i think brock will big a great football player he got alot of power he just needs time to devolpe

threetoedpete
05-11-2005, 11:21 AM
We do need a WR that is rehabing to match all the other positions that we have rehabbing. I say bring him in. He won't play and we will put him on the PUP list for 6 weeks and then no practice for 3 more finally landing him on the injured reserve list. So you see there is room for David on the team. :)

Very funny stuff rittenhouse.

Vinny
05-11-2005, 01:09 PM
i think brock will big a great football player he got alot of power he just needs time to devolpeLesnar got abused when he was head-up with marginal NFL talent. He will likely never play in the NFL.

Mycco
03-28-2006, 01:29 PM
I think this was mentioned before, but I noticed the the Dolphins cut ties w/ David Boston. I know that dude has extra baggage, but I think given the opportunity he could flourish here along side Dre-J if we couldn't land Moulds. Think about it, he's younger, bigger, and has put up Pro Bowl numbers before, but that would be only if we couldn't land Mouldes. Just a thought.

Hervoyel
03-28-2006, 02:18 PM
Yes that's true Mycco but the one thing that stands in the way of David Boston ever reaching his "potential" as an NFL wide receiver is David Boston's desire to be an NFL wide receiver.

If the man wanted to focus on being a WR and was doing the things necessary to be a WR then that would be one thing. If he was willing to take a deal that reflected the instability he's shown for the past three to four years then that would be one thing. If he sought out another chance, came to the Texans instead of the other way around, and said all the right things to the coaches, front office, and the media then that would be one thing.

None of that stuff has happened and none of it will happen because David Boston just isn't all that interested in playing football in the NFL for any reason other than money and even that's kind of marginal at this point. He's a "free spirit" or whatever you call someone who wants to do his own thing and not be saddled with having to be part of a team. Sure he could do all that other stuff and he'd be a monster addition to our receiving corps if he did it. He won't so there's no point in talking about it.

O.G.
03-28-2006, 02:21 PM

Point taken.

el toro
03-28-2006, 02:31 PM
I hope we get Moulds.

jacquescas
03-28-2006, 02:45 PM
any here ever had a pierced nipple? that **** hurts. i think his timing was bad, but ouch...

but still dont want him on the team.

Texian
03-28-2006, 10:24 PM
Besides the steroids I hear he has a thing for the nose candy like Darryl Strawberry and Dwight Goodin.

TEXANS84
03-28-2006, 10:54 PM
http://phinfever.com/dolphins/captioned_DavidBoston.jpg

Seriously, Boston's arms are bigger than my head.

mexican_texan
03-28-2006, 11:04 PM
http://phinfever.com/dolphins/captioned_DavidBoston.jpg

Seriously, Boston's arms are bigger than my head.
Holy shizzit. Those are the biggest guns I've seen on a WR ever. Or a TE. Or a C...

Huge1
03-29-2006, 01:22 AM
Holy shizzit. Those are the biggest guns I've seen on a WR ever. Or a TE. Or a C...

Too bad his legs are pencil thin. Dude's symetry is almost cartoonish. Just like every other guy in my gym.....work their "club" muscles only because they don't have the nads to blast their quads.

newbiefan
03-29-2006, 09:30 PM
Oh my daym.... his arms are as big as my body.... probably eats his spinach

El Amigo Invisible
03-29-2006, 09:50 PM
He is from Humble. That means he is a loser(j/k). But seriously, Doesn't he have a problem with authority? Why not pick up TO(who wants to play)??:pigfly:

Ibar_Harry
03-29-2006, 10:32 PM
Sign Boston and line his butt up at left tackle, my goodness I never knew he was that damn big. He must love Fred Flintstone vitamins!

Would make for an excellent tackle eligible play.....................

TexanSam
03-29-2006, 10:55 PM
He is from Humble. That means he is a loser(j/k). But seriously, Doesn't he have a problem with authority? Why not pick up TO(who wants to play)??:pigfly:

If you mean Terrell Owens, well, he signed with the Cowboys. Where have you been?

El Amigo Invisible
03-29-2006, 10:59 PM
I meant why didn't we sign him if we are thinking of a basket case like Dave Boston.

TexanSam
03-29-2006, 11:04 PM
I meant why didn't we sign him if we are thinking of a basket case like Dave Boston.

I don't think the Texans are considering signing David Boston. Just purely hypothetical.

4Texans
03-30-2006, 12:14 PM
I say we sign Boston and put him at Safety.:)