PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall to Dolphins

mexican_texan
04-14-2010, 08:02 AM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/36497359/ns/sports-player_news/

A second round pick this year and what is likely a second round pick next year.

Anyone want Ginn?

BIG TORO
04-14-2010, 08:24 AM
Dolphins are trying to make a splash, I wish we played them this year it would still be a gauranteed win!

kiwitexansfan
04-14-2010, 08:26 AM
Basically the same price as Schaub. I think Schaub was a far better investment.

badboy
04-14-2010, 08:56 AM
Basically the same price as Schaub. I think Schaub was a far better investment.For us, you are correct, but Dolphins needed an impact WR desperately and got one. This should be a great trade for both teams; depending on what Bronco does with the picks.

HoustonFrog
04-14-2010, 08:59 AM
Is it just me or does it seem that the AFC is alot more active this year in trying to make a splash and getting better. Teams are positioning themselves nicely.

LonerATO
04-14-2010, 09:09 AM
For us, you are correct, but Dolphins needed an impact WR desperately and got one. This should be a great trade for both teams; depending on what Bronco does with the picks.

I bet they go after Demaryius Thomas with that 2nd rounder

Blake
04-14-2010, 09:12 AM
The Patriots are screwed IMO. Unless they get some badass players in the draft who can contribute right away, Miami and the Jets will be battling for the playoff spots.

Of course the Patsy's can always take out their frustrations on the Bills.

Hoss
04-14-2010, 10:11 AM
I did not see the Dolphins making this move...

Section516
04-14-2010, 10:15 AM
Now ESPN is saying Miami may want to trade out of their spot and back. Consider moving up?

HOU-TEX
04-14-2010, 10:15 AM
The Patriots are screwed IMO. Unless they get some badass players in the draft who can contribute right away, Miami and the Jets will be battling for the playoff spots.

We'll see. I mean, they've got what, about 47 draft picks this year.

Dutchrudder
04-14-2010, 10:41 AM
Now ESPN is saying Miami may want to trade out of their spot and back. Consider moving up?

For the Texans to move to the 12th spot in the 1st round, they would need 1200 in value.

The Texans picks are worth:
1st (20) - 850
2nd (51) - 390
3rd (81) - 185
4th (118) - 58
5th (150) - 31.4
6th (187) - 16.6
6th (197) - 12.6

It would take about our first and second round picks to trade up to the 12th spot in the draft. If ET drops to 12, it may be worth it, but it would mean missing out on a great CB, DT or RB this year. I really don't think the Texans are in a position to be trading away 1st, 2nd or 3rd round picks to move up, unless they are for 2011. I think the only way the Texans would make that move is to trade this year's first and a 2011 2nd to go up and get ET at 12 overall.

Section516
04-14-2010, 10:43 AM
We could resign Chris Brown and trade him to the Dolphins..

He and R. Brown can help eachother on the HB pass

badboy
04-14-2010, 10:48 AM
Is it just me or does it seem that the AFC is alot more active this year in trying to make a splash and getting better. Teams are positioning themselves nicely.You are corect. Texans really need a great draft and a healthy season for players.

badboy
04-14-2010, 10:57 AM
I bet they go after Demaryius Thomas with that 2nd rounderThey will have Dolphins #43 & their own # 45. I wonder if they would be interested in Dez Bryant @ #20?

J_R
04-14-2010, 11:32 AM
Adam_Schefter Filed to ESPN: Brandon Marshall reaches agreement with Dolphins on four-year, $47.5 million extension, including $24 million guaranteed.

Adam_Schefter Marshall signed his one-year, $2.5 million tender with Denver yesterday, so it's five years in Miami for total of $50 million. Wow.

Jackie Chiles
04-14-2010, 01:51 PM
Anyone want Ginn?

I'd offer a 5 or a 6 for him to replace Andre Davis. There were a lot of rumors that he was the guy we wanted at 10 in 2007.

gtexan02
04-14-2010, 01:55 PM
Guys like Marshall are special.

He's shown he can be productive in multiple offenses and with different QBs. A lot of players are system guys or take advantage of having a Manning/Brady getting them the ball. Marshall did it with Orton, so Im guessing Mia figured he'd remain productive even in Miami

nero THE zero
04-14-2010, 02:28 PM

The Pats peaked when they were 19-0. They've been on the decline since. The improvements Miami and NYJ have made are only speeding up that process.

nero THE zero
04-14-2010, 02:28 PM
I bet they go after Demaryius Thomas with that 2nd rounder

They'd be lucky if he was available with that pick.

mariowillshine15
04-14-2010, 04:58 PM
The Pats peaked when they were 19-0. They've been on the decline since. The improvements Miami and NYJ have made are only speeding up that process.

Great trade for the Dolphins Brandon Marshall is a beast.

Although as long as Brady and the Hoody are on the Pats i wont bet against them.

HOU-TEX
04-14-2010, 05:15 PM
Great trade for the Dolphins Brandon Marshall is a beast.

Although as long as Brady and the Hoody are on the Pats i wont bet against them.

I think it was a good trade for both teams. Miami get's their WR they've been missing for what seems like for ever. The Broncos get rid of a player that obviously doesn't want to be there and a couple of two's which will give them 4 picks in the first 80. If the Broncos can draft worth a crap they can get right pretty quick.

kastofsna
04-14-2010, 11:18 PM
oh my goddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

this is so awesome

mexican_texan
04-14-2010, 11:30 PM
oh my goddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

this is so awesome
He'll be the best Dolphins receiver since...the Marks?

kastofsna
04-15-2010, 12:06 AM
yeah it's not even close, either. there were some flashes here and there (you'll never see a better catch than this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa3iU1fOffY)), but otherwise, nothing consistently great

beerlover
04-15-2010, 12:23 AM
Rick Smith was head of pro personnel department when Broncos selected Brandon Marshall in the 4th rd. 119th overall back in 2006 before leaving for the Texans GM job.

pretty good haul (two 2nd's) for Broncos in return

mexican_texan
04-15-2010, 09:14 PM
yeah it's not even close, either. there were some flashes here and there (you'll never see a better catch than this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa3iU1fOffY)), but otherwise, nothing consistently great
"...and the pass is---caught?!?"

Second Honeymoon
04-15-2010, 09:32 PM
Is it just me or does it seem that the AFC is alot more active this year in trying to make a splash and getting better. Teams are positioning themselves nicely.

yeah some teams are more active this year and really focusing on improving their team...

...some teams seem more interested in making money than improving their team or giving their team the best chance to win. guess what group the Texans fall in to. i'll give you a hint. McNair is crying for a bailout...$500 million just isnt enough return on his investment in an 8 year period. time for some ObamaBailout

JB
04-15-2010, 09:38 PM
yeah some teams are more active this year and really focusing on improving their team...

...some teams seem more interested in making money than improving their team or giving their team the best chance to win. guess what group the Texans fall in to. i'll give you a hint. McNair is crying for a bailout...$500 million just isnt enough return on his investment in an 8 year period. time for some ObamaBailout

Dude, don't you ever get tired of the hate?

Second Honeymoon
04-15-2010, 09:43 PM
Dude, don't you ever get tired of the hate?

its not hate. just an honest observation. you don't have to agree with me.

we haven't improved the roster. in fact, it now has more holes than it did at the end of the season.

there was no hate in my post

JB
04-15-2010, 09:51 PM
its not hate. just an honest observation. you don't have to agree with me.

we haven't improved the roster. in fact, it now has more holes than it did at the end of the season.

there was no hate in my post

You just keep recycling the same old shit. I'm mad because the Texans haven't done what I thought they should do. You have not posted anything positive in quite a while, and yet You proclaim yourself a fan?

Do you know that the term "fan" is a shortened form of fanatic? I do not see you as a fanatical fan of the Texans. More like an embittered curmudgeon that has no faith and wants to impart his personal misery amongst all!

b0ng
04-15-2010, 10:36 PM
For the Texans to move to the 12th spot in the 1st round, they would need 1200 in value.

The Texans picks are worth:
1st (20) - 850
2nd (51) - 390
3rd (81) - 185
4th (118) - 58
5th (150) - 31.4
6th (187) - 16.6
6th (197) - 12.6

It would take about our first and second round picks to trade up to the 12th spot in the draft. If ET drops to 12, it may be worth it, but it would mean missing out on a great CB, DT or RB this year. I really don't think the Texans are in a position to be trading away 1st, 2nd or 3rd round picks to move up, unless they are for 2011. I think the only way the Texans would make that move is to trade this year's first and a 2011 2nd to go up and get ET at 12 overall.

I would be pretty pissed off if the Texans traded away the top of their draft to get a damn safety. I think there are enough holes in the secondary and enough quality secondary players in this draft that if they trade up 8 spots to grab Thomas they would do themselves a very big disservice by missing out on the second round.

b0ng
04-15-2010, 10:40 PM

Sorry bro, we've had a good receiver for awhile now (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Ek-vDVMu0).

mexican_texan
04-16-2010, 08:02 AM
Sorry bro, we've had a good receiver for awhile now (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-Ek-vDVMu0).
It looked like a pick from where I was standing. Incredible catch.

HOU-TEX
04-16-2010, 09:41 AM
You just keep recycling the same old shit. I'm mad because the Texans haven't done what I thought they should do. You have not posted anything positive in quite a while, and yet You proclaim yourself a fan?

Do you know that the term "fan" is a shortened form of fanatic? I do not see you as a fanatical fan of the Texans. More like an embittered curmudgeon that has no faith and wants to impart his personal misery amongst all!

JB, you'll eventually get used to him or put him on ignore. Just wait until the draft. If we pick a player he doesn't like or don't pick a player he likes, he'll be knee-jerkin like nothing you've seen before. He and swt and 2 of the best knee-jerks around these parts. :lol:

JB
04-16-2010, 09:50 AM
JB, you'll eventually get used to him or put him on ignore. Just wait until the draft. If we pick a player he doesn't like or don't pick a player he likes, he'll be knee-jerkin like nothing you've seen before. He and swt and 2 of the best knee-jerks around these parts. :lol:

I know. It just seems to me that a person that is so full of negativity would just avoid all the crap he don't like. It's like a sadist or something. Why even concern yourself if you get no enjoyment from it?

HOU-TEX
04-16-2010, 10:00 AM
I know. It just seems to me that a person that is so full of negativity would just avoid all the crap he don't like. It's like a sadist or something. Why even concern yourself if you get no enjoyment from it?

I dunno. I guess some people are just like that. Maybe he uses the Texans as a scapegoat for his personal life. :shrug:

I don't know and frankly I could care less. Recently, I've just been blowing by his and a few others posts.

Second Honeymoon
04-16-2010, 10:31 AM
I dunno. I guess some people are just like that. Maybe he uses the Texans as a scapegoat for his personal life. :shrug:

I don't know and frankly I could care less. Recently, I've just been blowing by his and a few others posts.

hey, HOUTEX. you can go **** yourself and die in a fire. don't you ever come with that crap again, you hear me? you don't know me and you never will. you can talk about my negativity or anything like that but don't you dare comment about my personal life or act like you know anything about me.

how dare you speculate on my personal life or act like you know who i am. for your information, i am a successful IT professional, have a wonderful wife and 2 beautiful daughters, i volunteer in the community and with Little League, i work with disadvantaged children, i come from a great family, and i have a wonderful life. you want to talk smack, fine, but dont you ever try and belittle my life or my station in life you worthless pile of dog shit.

did you read my response? there was nothing aggressive or hateful about it. you must have nothing better to do than try and belittle someone with a differing opinion than yours.

last time I checked, our roster is less talented than last year. agree or not. losing dunta hurt our roster. period. you can say that he wasn't worth the money and that is fine, but to act like our roster is more talented than last year is pie-in-the-sky thinking.

don't ever go there again, HouTex. I try and keep things civil but when little children like yourself try and make it personal, well I will make it personal. you understand me? if you have something to say to me that is personal, bring it to private message and we will handle it. go **** yourself.

Second Honeymoon
04-16-2010, 10:37 AM

negative? no, its called reality. but i will at least give you credit for not making it personal and frankly, i don't know what i said that was so wrong.

other teams have improved. we stayed the course and in fact, lost players.

how is that so wrong just stating the facts. i understand that Dunta was a financial decision but did losing Dunta improve our roster? be honest. he was our #1 corner. that can't be a good thing, no matter how much KoolAid we drink.

JB
04-16-2010, 11:07 AM
negative? no, its called reality. but i will at least give you credit for not making it personal and frankly, i don't know what i said that was so wrong.

other teams have improved. we stayed the course and in fact, lost players.

how is that so wrong just stating the facts. i understand that Dunta was a financial decision but did losing Dunta improve our roster? be honest. he was our #1 corner. that can't be a good thing, no matter how much KoolAid we drink.

No, you did not say anything wrong. kBut the fact that McNair makes money shouldn't piss you off. Just because the value of the team has increased, does not mean he has realized that much pure profit. You know this.

It just seems that you look at the bleak side of things with this team. I agree that our roster is a bit weaker right now for losing DR. I also think that he will be replaced and our team will be better for it.

It is the offseason. Pre-draft. You know this team generally drafts well, and usually adds a FA or two after the draft.

Wouldn't you enjoy discussing the positives a bit more? Now is the time for optimism. We have a team to root for, and we don't have to deal with BA anymore. That is a good thing right?

I get pissed at things the team does, but you gotta let it go and move on.

Talk some football.

HOU-TEX
04-16-2010, 11:18 AM
hey, HOUTEX. you can go **** yourself and die in a fire. don't you ever come with that crap again, you hear me? you don't know me and you never will. you can talk about my negativity or anything like that but don't you dare comment about my personal life or act like you know anything about me.

how dare you speculate on my personal life or act like you know who i am. for your information, i am a successful IT professional, have a wonderful wife and 2 beautiful daughters, i volunteer in the community and with Little League, i work with disadvantaged children, i come from a great family, and i have a wonderful life. you want to talk smack, fine, but dont you ever try and belittle my life or my station in life you worthless pile of dog shit.

did you read my response? there was nothing aggressive or hateful about it. you must have nothing better to do than try and belittle someone with a differing opinion than yours.

last time I checked, our roster is less talented than last year. agree or not. losing dunta hurt our roster. period. you can say that he wasn't worth the money and that is fine, but to act like our roster is more talented than last year is pie-in-the-sky thinking.

don't ever go there again, HouTex. I try and keep things civil but when little children like yourself try and make it personal, well I will make it personal. you understand me? if you have something to say to me that is personal, bring it to private message and we will handle it. go **** yourself.

:listening

Struck a nerve? Dude, I could care less about your personal life. It was posed as more of a question than a statement, but whatever bra. Talkin tough on the internet will get you nowhere, Dougie.

:hmmm: I wonder if you'd ever say such things to me in person. I reckon not, but that's ahite, be cause you ain't no skin off my back.

Second Honeymoon
04-16-2010, 11:22 AM
No, you did not say anything wrong. kBut the fact that McNair makes money shouldn't piss you off. Just because the value of the team has increased, does not mean he has realized that much pure profit. You know this.

It just seems that you look at the bleak side of things with this team. I agree that our roster is a bit weaker right now for losing DR. I also think that he will be replaced and our team will be better for it.

It is the offseason. Pre-draft. You know this team generally drafts well, and usually adds a FA or two after the draft.

Wouldn't you enjoy discussing the positives a bit more? Now is the time for optimism. We have a team to root for, and we don't have to deal with BA anymore. That is a good thing right?

I get pissed at things the team does, but you gotta let it go and move on.

Talk some football.

i have been positive when there has been something to be positive about. i applauded the Ryans re-signing and I applauded the Walter re-signing. i was also pretty positive minded about us going after Bodden, even though he was retained by the Patriots.

what i haven't been positive about is not getting a veteran RB even though Kubiak and McNair both know its a huge need. there were tons of them this offseason and they were cheap. we passed and now we are looking at spending multiple picks on the RB position. you have to look at what is out on the market FA-wise and then draft wise and if FA is more plentiful with RBs then you have to find someone who could alleviate some of the need. I am not saying to not draft a RB in the draft. We need a young guy and a good one, but we shouldn't paint ourselves into a corner by not getting a proven commodity first. Personally, i feel Jones, Taylor, or Tomlinson would have been great fits and would have helped us win football games in 2010 without spending a draft pick. plus they were cheap. Even Willie Parker made a little sense.

i also wasn't very positive about Kubiak getting a new contract when he has a .500 record as head coach. that just seems like low expectations taking over and rewarding mediocrity. that is obviously an opinion, but outside of Houston, the re-signing was looked at with much skepticism and questions. Objectivity is important and we all know Gary is nice and is local, but has he done enough to merit an extension? He has proven he can beat some of the bad teams, but he gets rolled by the good teams when its money time. Face it, if Brady plays 4 quarters in Week 17 we get rolled. That is his signature win. They did play great against Seattle but barely beat a Rams team.

I almost wish we would have lost that Rams game so we could have gotten rid of Kubiak and brought in a proven HC like Cowher. I just don't see Kubiak being a championship coach. If he isn't a championship coach, then lets get someone who is or at least shows signs that he will be. I don't see it with Kubiak. I could be wrong and frankly, I hope I am wrong.

kastofsna
04-16-2010, 11:24 AM

the guy i've followed since the Hurricanes recruited him? yeah i'm aware he's good ;) Gadsden's catch was better though

kastofsna
04-16-2010, 11:26 AM

"fanatical" also lends itself to "very emotional." and "emotional" isn't just "happy" or "positive." if you are only going to look at the brightside all the time, you're probably not that much of a fan, because how much do you really care, especially when your team is doing things wrong?

Second Honeymoon
04-16-2010, 11:30 AM

Struck a nerve? Dude, I could care less about your personal life. It was posed as more of a question than a statement, but whatever bra. Talkin tough on the internet will get you nowhere, Dougie.

:hmmm: I wonder if you'd ever say such things to me in person. I reckon not, but that's ahite, be cause you ain't no skin off my back.

if you could care less about my personal life, don't comment on it. as for me saying this to you in person, you can count on it.

and you can take your sanctimonious act and stick it up your ass for all i care. you were out of line. period.

an apology would have sufficed but if you want to keep making it personal, so be it. i have a PM messagebox and we can handle it any way you like. i am not an internet tough guy, and never have been, but i will be damned if some punkass little child is going to act like he knows who i am or knows of my character. screw you.

nice ahite and bra usage though. what are you? some wannabe wanksta 12 year old?

Honoring Earl 34
04-16-2010, 11:34 AM

For the record I would love to have Brandon Marshall , now the price , not to bad . To me if we got Marshall , I'm drafting Mathews or Spiller in the 1st and figure their not going to stuff the box on us .

I think the defense will improve because their a little older , plus with Marshall and Mathews , all they need to be is a tall speed bump not a mountain .

Are y'all interested in a fundraiser fight ( to the death of course ) to help pay for Joe Texans medical bills . If so , I'm thinking jousting on 4 wheelers with javelins . :heart:

JB
04-16-2010, 11:37 AM
i have been positive when there has been something to be positive about. i applauded the Ryans re-signing and I applauded the Walter re-signing. i was also pretty positive minded about us going after Bodden, even though he was retained by the Patriots.

what i haven't been positive about is not getting a veteran RB even though Kubiak and McNair both know its a huge need. there were tons of them this offseason and they were cheap. we passed and now we are looking at spending multiple picks on the RB position. you have to look at what is out on the market FA-wise and then draft wise and if FA is more plentiful with RBs then you have to find someone who could alleviate some of the need. I am not saying to not draft a RB in the draft. We need a young guy and a good one, but we shouldn't paint ourselves into a corner by not getting a proven commodity first. Personally, i feel Jones, Taylor, or Tomlinson would have been great fits and would have helped us win football games in 2010 without spending a draft pick. plus they were cheap. Even Willie Parker made a little sense.

i also wasn't very positive about Kubiak getting a new contract when he has a .500 record as head coach. that just seems like low expectations taking over and rewarding mediocrity. that is obviously an opinion, but outside of Houston, the re-signing was looked at with much skepticism and questions. Objectivity is important and we all know Gary is nice and is local, but has he done enough to merit an extension? He has proven he can beat some of the bad teams, but he gets rolled by the good teams when its money time. Face it, if Brady plays 4 quarters in Week 17 we get rolled. That is his signature win. They did play great against Seattle but barely beat a Rams team.

I almost wish we would have lost that Rams game so we could have gotten rid of Kubiak and brought in a proven HC like Cowher. I just don't see Kubiak being a championship coach. If he isn't a championship coach, then lets get someone who is or at least shows signs that he will be. I don't see it with Kubiak. I could be wrong and frankly, I hope I am wrong.

Ok. I can understand your points, even though I do not agree with most of them. I do not think that bringing one of the vet rb's was the right thing to do for this team.

Also I thought McNair explained very well why he extended Gary. It does not mean that there is no chance of Gary getting fired if the team does not succeed.

Do you really think this team has no hope? No chance of playoffs? Do you think they suck? Why not just go watch the Astro's.

Just saying, the constant harping on McNair's "cheapness" and Gary's suckiness as a HC gets old.

Section516
04-16-2010, 11:38 AM
For the record I would love to have Brandon Marshall , now the price , not to bad . To me if we got Marshall , I'm drafting Mathews or Spiller in the 1st and figure their not going to stuff the box on us .

I think the defense will improve because their a little older , plus with Marshall and Mathews , all they need to be is a tall speed bump not a mountain .

Are y'all interested in a fundraiser fight ( to the death of course ) to help pay for Joe Texans medical bills . If so , I'm thinking jousting on 4 wheelers with javelins . :heart:

Now thats a man with a good head on his shoulders..BUT a small critique.

Drunken jousting

HOU-TEX
04-16-2010, 11:42 AM
if you could care less about my personal life, don't comment on it. as for me saying this to you in person, you can count on it.

and you can take your sanctimonious act and stick it up your ass for all i care. you were out of line. period.

an apology would have sufficed but if you want to keep making it personal, so be it. i have a PM messagebox and we can handle it any way you like. i am not an internet tough guy, and never have been, but i will be damned if some punkass little child is going to act like he knows who i am or knows of my character. screw you.

nice ahite and bra usage though. what are you? some wannabe wanksta 12 year old?

Dude, you're killing me here. :spit:

Hurling personal insults around is against board policy, I reckon.

"punkass little child", Ha, if you say so.

Anywho, I'm done replying to you, Dougie. You took what was posed more of a question and took it as a statement, and that's fine, but your little rants are tiring. Buh bye :winky:

Honoring Earl 34
04-16-2010, 11:44 AM
Now thats a man with a good head on his shoulders..BUT a small critique.

Drunken jousting

Get one of those barber's chairs , get folks to buy a shot of tequila ( that's been donated ) for $3 a shot ( for Joe ) . The guy you don't want to win gets the most shots and spins . The problem is Bill jumping in just to get free booze .:barman:

infantrycak
04-16-2010, 12:33 PM
Folks, simmer down and start talking about the topic instead of each other.

GuerillaBlack
04-16-2010, 01:16 PM
All these arguments. Can't wait until the season finally rolls around.