rb

ryan Mathews, Fresno State
we need oline and rb help so i think we draft both in draft
fs

Nate Allen, South Florida
im just looking for the best at a need and this would be him

cb

Perrish Cox, Oklahoma State
i want him but he gota work hard should start tho pluss i think the texans relly like there corners so i can see us waiting for the
3rd-4th round for one
og

Mike Johnson, Alabama
No. 1 guard for zone-blocking teams. says walterootball.com
we would need help protecting matthews also should start

c
Jeff Byers, USC
would be great if he fell to us in the 5th should fight for starting job

dt
Nate Collins, Virginia
this is my diamound in the rough should fight for starting job and should win one of my favorite prospects

from walter football.com
Had a whopping 77 tackles, 10.5 TFL and six sacks as a senior.

ot
Chris Marinelli, Stanford
an ok ot training camp face

wr
David Reed, Utah

could be a diamound in the rough

walterfootball.com says
David Reed compiled 81 catches, 1,188 yards and five touchdowns as a senior

post what you think about the last mock draft

Honoring Earl 34
04-11-2010, 05:06 PM
I think that the first four or five players would stick . I think we said at one time , if you hit 40% , your doing well . You'd be above that .

Wolf6151
04-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Your mock draft ability is getting much better, overall this one is pretty good but there's a couple flaws. 1. It's just personal but I hate the idea of Ryan Mathews in the 1st round. The guy played in a subpar conference and has an extensive injury history, he's very overrated. 2. I love the Nate Allen pick but I doubt seriously that he's still available when we pick in the 2nd round. I think he might go very late 1st or very early 2nd round.

If our draft went down like this I'd be pleased.

badboy
04-12-2010, 04:01 PM
Your mock draft ability is getting much better, overall this one is pretty good but there's a couple flaws. 1. It's just personal but I hate the idea of Ryan Mathews in the 1st round. The guy played in a subpar conference and has an extensive injury history, he's very overrated. 2. I love the Nate Allen pick but I doubt seriously that he's still available when we pick in the 2nd round. I think he might go very late 1st or very early 2nd round.

If our draft went down like this I'd be pleased.Wolf6151, Mathews @#20 is not a flaw on Slatonisabeast part. Mathews is mocked by respected people going that spot. You just don't want him there so the flaw could be in your personal observation. He has made a very good pick based on his info and feelings just like you and me. I agree with you on Nate allen but Matt McGuire who writes for respected WalterFootball.com has Allen being selected by CHiefs #50 just before Texans so it is a reasonable selection even if you & I don't agree with them. Like you also, I give congrats to Slatonisabeast who apparently has worked hard to improve his spelling and vocabulary skills as well as his football posts.

Wolf, could you give a percentage of if the Texans will trade down? I am thinking less than 30 %.

Wolf6151
04-12-2010, 08:51 PM
Wolf6151, Mathews @#20 is not a flaw on Slatonisabeast part. Mathews is mocked by respected people going that spot. You just don't want him there so the flaw could be in your personal observation. He has made a very good pick based on his info and feelings just like you and me. I agree with you on Nate allen but Matt McGuire who writes for respected WalterFootball.com has Allen being selected by CHiefs #50 just before Texans so it is a reasonable selection even if you & I don't agree with them. Like you also, I give congrats to Slatonisabeast who apparently has worked hard to improve his spelling and vocabulary skills as well as his football posts.

Wolf, could you give a percentage of if the Texans will trade down? I am thinking less than 30 %.

I cut him some slack, he's getting much better, but sometimes you have to look outside of the player rankings posted by the so called experts. Of course when you get to the late rounds that's about all you can go by on most players. Your right it is personal preference, I don't want Mathews in the 1st round, he's a good player but a bad pick. Odds on the Texans trading down is obviously dependent on who's available at #20. In some mocks I've seen Dan Williams, Joe Haden, Maurkice Pouncey, Mike Iupati, Sean Weatherspoon, Earl Thomas, Kyle Wilson and C.J. Spiller are all gone. If that's the case then the odds of a trade down are pretty good. As is I think someone we want will be available at #20 and I think the odds of a trade down are maybe 10-20% at best. Trade downs are difficult to put together since you have to find someone willing to trade up and in a draft as deep as this one there's not much incentive to trade up because good quality players can be had later.

badboy
04-13-2010, 01:01 PM
I cut him some slack, he's getting much better, but sometimes you have to look outside of the player rankings posted by the so called experts. Of course when you get to the late rounds that's about all you can go by on most players. Your right it is personal preference, I don't want Mathews in the 1st round, he's a good player but a bad pick. Odds on the Texans trading down is obviously dependent on who's available at #20. In some mocks I've seen Dan Williams, Joe Haden, Maurkice Pouncey, Mike Iupati, Sean Weatherspoon, Earl Thomas, Kyle Wilson and C.J. Spiller are all gone. If that's the case then the odds of a trade down are pretty good. As is I think someone we want will be available at #20 and I think the odds of a trade down are maybe 10-20% at best. Trade downs are difficult to put together since you have to find someone willing to trade up and in a draft as deep as this one there's not much incentive to trade up because good quality players can be had later.We are on same page concerning trade. Pouncy and Iuapati may be there and encourage someone like Dallas to offer something.