PDA

View Full Version : Thought You Might Like To See Where The Texans Just Two Weeks Before The NFL Draft

gary
04-09-2010, 07:31 PM
Leave your comments here.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/374581-status-check-where-are-the-houston-texans-two-weeks-before-the-draft

gary
04-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Once I saw the babes on the side it is another reason to post. LOL

b0ng
04-11-2010, 12:36 PM
My only problem with the article is that he wrote it as though Eugene Wilson was off the team. He's not. I don't think Earl Thomas will be there when we pick (EXTREME SAD FACE HERE) so I'm thinking he's right in talking up Wilson, but he might as well throw McCourty in there too as a possible pick.

Decent article I give it a 4 out of a possible 5 stars. Amobi is not a solid contributor yet.

gary
04-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Agreed.

kiwitexansfan
04-11-2010, 03:25 PM
I'm confused.

How is it that a prominent website actually writes something about the Texans that contains insight?

devo-x
04-11-2010, 03:28 PM
I agree with that assessment:

Defensive Tackle, Cornerback and Free Safety are the biggest needs on the defense

kiwitexansfan
04-11-2010, 03:46 PM
For those who didn't catch it there is one on the Offense too.

painekiller
04-11-2010, 04:05 PM
For those who didn't catch it there is one on the Offense too.

here is the link to the offensive assessment
(http://bleacherreport.com/articles/373069-status-check-where-are-the-houston-texans-2-weeks-before-the-draft)

Said a RB to pair with Slaton for the 4th quarter, he mentions Toby Gerhart and Ben Tate.

Said the fans would not complain about an Interior OL guy.

Kulluminatii
04-11-2010, 05:16 PM
I'm confused.

How is it that a prominent website actually writes something about the Texans that contains insight?

The writer of the article is a Texans fan :jam:.

About Vik

Vik Vij, a graduate of Tulane University (2004) and South Texas College of Law (2009), is a diehard fan of the Texans, Astros, Rockets and Longhorns. In addition to being a sports writer and columnist for his college newpaper, Vik runs his own non-sports blog at http://vikstake.blogspot.com/.

As a Texans fan, he is optimistic about the future and considers the past part of the growing process. He has been a fan of the Texans since their inception and was actually in favor of drafting Mario Williams. Vik looks forward to seeing the Texans in the NFL playoffs for years to come.

Vik enjoys discussing (ok, arguing -- gotta use that law degree for something, right?) sports in general and specifically the Texans. He welcomes and encourages all reader feedback, both positive and negative, and promises to respond to all comments and emails.

b0ng
04-11-2010, 05:45 PM
The writer of the article is a Texans fan :jam:.

Well he certainly knows more about the Texans than most bloggers. Wonder if he has a forums account here or reads BRB regularly.

ObsiWan
04-12-2010, 03:04 AM
here is the link to the offensive assessment
(http://bleacherreport.com/articles/373069-status-check-where-are-the-houston-texans-2-weeks-before-the-draft)

Said a RB to pair with Slaton for the 4th quarter, he mentions Toby Gerhart and Ben Tate.

Said the fans would not complain about an Interior OL guy.

I found this little bit of "insight" very interesting...

I don't put too much stock in what Arian Foster did down the stretch. Simply, the sample size was too small to accurately judge what he can and cannot do.

It's not just the "small sample size" that makes me a think Foster may not be an answer, it's when that "sample" was taken. He didn't have very many snaps until late in the season - mostly because he didn't seem to have his Darius Walker wake up moment until then. When he showed in practice that he brought something to the table, then he got to play. That also means that down the stretch, when those who played all year were "nicked up" and somewhat worn down, Foster had relatively fresh legs. Would he have been as effective as he seemed in those last couple of games had he gotten 10-15 touches for all 16 games??
I wonder....
Perhaps this year we'll see.

badboy
04-12-2010, 02:53 PM
I found this little bit of "insight" very interesting...

It's not just the "small sample size" that makes me a think Foster may not be an answer, it's when that "sample" was taken. He didn't have very many snaps until late in the season - mostly because he didn't seem to have his Darius Walker wake up moment until then. When he showed in practice that he brought something to the table, then he got to play. That also means that down the stretch, when those who played all year were "nicked up" and somewhat worn down, Foster had relatively fresh legs. Would he have been as effective as he seemed in those last couple of games had he gotten 10-15 touches for all 16 games??
I wonder....
Perhaps this year we'll see.I am hopeful on Foster that it just took him some time to "get" the NFL. He would not be the first. We have nothing tied up in him and imo he paid for his first year salary with the boost he gave to the O. I am a fan of his but agree we have a very small sample to evaluate. Hopefully, he will come in strong, in NFL shape with a better understanding of the ZBS. One of Arian's roadblocks (Brown) will be gone. He is our insurance policy in case we don't draft Gerhart.