PDA

View Full Version : Tiki Barber: Scumbag!

gg no re
04-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Ex-Giants superstar Tiki Barber has dumped his 8-months-pregnant wife, Ginny, for sexy former NBC intern Traci Lynn Johnson, sources told The Post last night.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/timing_tiki_plays_field_TMZxMDNXxvBbNgVBToZL8O

In his 2007 memoir, "Tiki: My Life in the Game and Beyond," Barber described the example he wanted to set for his kids.

"I want to be an honorable man, because that's what I want them both to be," he wrote, noting, "My family is everything to me."

drewmar74
04-07-2010, 09:35 PM
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/timing_tiki_plays_field_TMZxMDNXxvBbNgVBToZL8O

Wow.

Just.

Wow.

So, I think with that information and GG's thread title... well.... there just isn't much left to say.

Wolf
04-07-2010, 09:45 PM
guess he never corrected his fumbling problem

The Pencil Neck
04-07-2010, 09:46 PM
guess he never corrected his fumbling problem

Gotta keep it high and tight.

Not sure exactly what that means in this context but I think he forgot to do it.

BSofA04
04-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Found this nugget on profootballtalk.com...Tiki criticized his own father for the way he left his mother..."Not only did he abandon her, I felt like he abandoned us for a lot of our lives," Barber told the Post at the time. "I have a hard time forgiving that."
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/07/tiki-barber-makes-the-wrong-king-of-post-career-headlines/

Apparently, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

drewmar74
04-07-2010, 09:52 PM
Apparently, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

I think you meant "Apparently, the turd doesn't fall far from the bunghole."

Wolf6151
04-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Apparently Tiki didn't read his own book.

BSofA04
04-07-2010, 10:23 PM
I think you meant "Apparently, the turd doesn't fall far from the bunghole."
Yes, that's much better.

Wolf
04-07-2010, 10:53 PM
http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2010/04/07/news/photos_stories/johnson072254--300x300.jpg

his wife and him
http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2010/04/07/news/photos_stories/cropped/tiki_barber--300x300.jpg
http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2010/04/07/news/photos_stories/johnson072254--300x300.jpg

gary
04-07-2010, 11:04 PM
I had respect for him but not anymore what an *****.

JB
04-07-2010, 11:19 PM

his wife and him
http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2010/04/07/news/photos_stories/cropped/tiki_barber--300x300.jpg

Who is the top pic?

Hookem Horns
04-07-2010, 11:46 PM
His wife is more attractive than the bimbo looking blonde.

JB
04-07-2010, 11:52 PM

That's what I thought! I would console her in her grief!

b0ng
04-08-2010, 12:04 AM

Black Man's Kyrptonite.

JB
04-08-2010, 12:07 AM
Black Man's Kyrptonite.

??? blonde?

StarStruck
04-08-2010, 01:25 AM
I have had the impression for a few years that Tiki was arrogant, and was delighted that he retired the year before the Giants won the Super Bowl. I realize there are two sides to a story, but this appears really bad and it's hard to entertain any way he can justify such behavior.

Even in the remote chance that his wife was a witch in all caps, apparently she had some type of appeal eight months ago, then leaving a pregant wife and already in a relationship with another is pretty ruthless.

playa465
04-08-2010, 08:45 AM
never judge a book by its cover...we do not know nor does the media of what went on within their marriage

HoustonFrog
04-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Loser. Plain and simple. That blonde will leave him for something else too. In that NYPost article his wife is quoted as saying she is a traditionalist and likes to take care of him. What a dumbass.

Mr teX
04-08-2010, 09:17 AM
never judge a book by its cover...we do not know nor does the media of what went on within their marriage

my thoughts exactly...what if it drops that it's another guy's baby? Not likely, but still.

ledzeppelin229
04-08-2010, 09:18 AM

Dude left his 8 months pregnant wife for an intern, not exactly judging a book by its cover.

hobie
04-08-2010, 09:31 AM
My thoughts... Ok, he is leaving is wife, pregnant 8 months. Now do we know why he is leaving, no. Does anyone know if they tried counseling at all, no we do not, does anyone know if it was her choice to end it, no again.
So just because she is pregnant, and everyone can assume what they want, since none of us know the entire story, why assume he is a scumbag or anything else, as you do not know if he tried to make it work. Sure, he was/is a little arrogant, and I am a Giants fan, and never liked his personality off the field.
Just because someone is pregnant and it is yours, does not mean you have to stay with someone..As long as he is willing to raise and take care of his children is all that matters..What if he left her when they were 3-4 years old, make it any better, who knows.. As long as he is their dad and not just father, I do not judge the guy, as who here is without fault..
Better for him to leave now than to live in a loveless marraige and have kids that would eventually split them up. This way both parties can move on.

Texan_Bill
04-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Hey Tiki!! You know what your problem is? You're putting the ***** on a pedestal.

J/k

That's jacked up...

drewmar74
04-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Dude left his 8 months pregnant wife for an intern, not exactly judging a book by its cover.

Exactly.

hobie
04-08-2010, 09:34 AM
Hey Tiki!! You know what your problem is? You're putting the ***** on a pedestal.

J/k

That's jacked up...

TB, he's too short to be putting it up that high !!

WWJD
04-08-2010, 10:02 AM
It's bad enough to leave his wife in her current condition but they also have 2 small sons that are left behind as well.

Shameful.

False Start
04-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Yeah, thats messed up. The timing of this makes it even worse. What an a$$hole. http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii202/J4103V/k_whack-3.gif

Blake
04-08-2010, 11:29 AM
Either the wife found out about the woman on the side forcing them to split, or the other girl is prego too. There is something we dont know yet.

Hardcore Texan
04-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Tiki is the new K-Fed....

WWJD
04-08-2010, 11:39 AM
on a unrelated note that is one impressive trophy case in the picture of he and his wife.

drewmar74
04-08-2010, 11:42 AM
on a unrelated note that is one impressive trophy case in the picture of he and his wife.

He needs to clear out some space for the "World's Biggest D[ew]chebag" trophy that I'm sure is headed his way now.

Hooston Texan
04-08-2010, 11:47 AM
I'm pretty jaded about the contrast between a celebrity's image and his actual life, but this one stings. We graduates of Mr. Jefferson's University are famously snobby (a brisk-selling T-shirt during my days in Charlottesville proclaimed "We're not snobs--we're just better than you."), and Tiki was one of our great exemplars.

Tiki and Ginny were roughly contemporaries of mine at UVA--I never met them, but I know people who were acquainted with both. By all accounts, she was a class act and hardly a gold-digger: Tiki was a scrawny backup when they began dating. As for Tiki, he and Ronde were legitimate students who took real classes and majors instead of the usual athlete curriculum. By the time both brothers became stars, their family history was well-known: basically abandoned by their father but raised by a strong single mother, Geraldine, who truly valued their education (which, as we liked to joke, is why she sent them to UVA instead of her alma mater, VT--there's that snobbishness again). Geraldine was endlessly interviewed during game broadcasts their last two years in college, but she maintained her own career even while it was becoming clear that her sons were NFL talents.

From the news accounts, it looks like Tiki's relationship with this tart began a couple of years ago, and Ginny found out about it sometime last year. Tiki moved out in December, so I don't know why the story is only now breaking. But there's no good way to spin this for him. He and Ronde are arguably the most famous identical twins in America, and the way their father abandoned them is a topic they've often discussed. And they've written children's books based on their childhoods. Now Tiki is the one skipping out on his own soon-to-be-born twins (plus their older siblings).

As I said, for a UVA man, this one stings.

BigBull17
04-08-2010, 11:54 AM
??? blonde?

Yep. Never met a black man who could turn down a blonde.

WWJD
04-08-2010, 11:54 AM
I'm pretty jaded about the contrast between a celebrity's image and his actual life, but this one stings. We graduates of Mr. Jefferson's University are famously snobby (a brisk-selling T-shirt during my days in Charlottesville proclaimed "We're not snobs--we're just better than you."), and Tiki was one of our great exemplars.

Tiki and Ginny were roughly contemporaries of mine at UVA--I never met them, but I know people who were acquainted with both. By all accounts, she was a class act and hardly a gold-digger: Tiki was a scrawny backup when they began dating. As for Tiki, he and Ronde were legitimate students who took real classes and majors instead of the usual athlete curriculum. By the time both brothers became stars, their family history was well-known: basically abandoned by their father but raised by a strong single mother, Geraldine, who truly valued their education (which, as we liked to joke, is why she sent them to UVA instead of her alma mater, VT--there's that snobbishness again). Geraldine was endlessly interviewed during game broadcasts their last two years in college, but she maintained her own career even while it was becoming clear that her sons were NFL talents.

From the news accounts, it looks like Tiki's relationship with this tart began a couple of years ago, and Ginny found out about it sometime last year. Tiki moved out in December, so I don't know why the story is only now breaking. But there's no good way to spin this for him. He and Ronde are arguably the most famous identical twins in America, and the way their father abandoned them is a topic they've often discussed. And they've written children's books based on their childhoods. Now Tiki is the one skipping out on his own soon-to-be-born twins (plus their older siblings).

As I said, for a UVA man, this one stings.

that's an interesting story.

It would seem there is no nice way to spin this for Tiki...he did a bad, bad thing. Bad marriage or not it is just very seedy.

Dutchrudder
04-08-2010, 05:52 PM
I'm sure he'll be back to playing golf in a few months.

Wolf6151
04-09-2010, 12:55 AM
Tiki needs to remember 2 words "Steve McNair"