PDA

View Full Version : Possibility: Haynesworth on trade block?

Pages : [1] 2

TEXANS84
04-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Matt Schaub just threw up in his mouth on the possibility of this, although highly unlikely given his ridiculous contract:

Jason La Canfora of NFL.com recently reported that he expects the Redskins to continue to try to trade the man with the four-year, $48 million contract. John Clayton of ESPN.com believes that Haynesworth could return to the Titans, the team with which he spent his first seven NFL seasons.

LINK (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/06/haynesworth-could-be-heading-home/)

El Tejano
04-06-2010, 12:35 PM
MS aint scared!!!
Maybe Rick is on the phone with his old friends though.

So let's play. What would it take to get Haynesworth?

WWJD
04-06-2010, 12:44 PM
What a goofy scenerio. Who would want that contract and nevermind that he didn't do much last season but be hurt....

Goldensilence
04-06-2010, 12:47 PM
Good luck on engineering that trade. If I'm an opposing team I'd say ...well I'd take your 4th to take on that miserable contract.

Only way Albert gets out of Washington is if he agrees to restructure his contract if that's even possible.

infantrycak
04-06-2010, 12:49 PM
Haynesworth in Bush's D would be like peas and carrots.

Honoring Earl 34
04-06-2010, 12:54 PM
I'd give up Okoye for him .

Hooston Texan
04-06-2010, 01:15 PM
1. Haynesworth's contract is really a 4 year, $48 million deal. The Skins and his agent added meaningless years at the end to make it a $100 million deal, but the team has an option to terminate after 4 years. Still alot of money, but not the astronomical deal reported when he signed it.

2. Fat Albert and the Skins renegotiated the deal a few weeks ago to alter the cap ramifications (assuming the cap returns) by pushing much of the cap charges into this capless season.

3. If the accounts of the McNabb trade negotiations are correct, the Redskins offered him to the Eagles for McNabb. The Eagles refused, so the Skins improved their offer with a second rounder instead. That should give an indication of how they value him.

So here's the question--should we offer the Skins our second rounder for Haynesworth? I'd actually consider it--especially if we can get that ***** Snyder to pony up, say, $9 million (making him a $9 million/year player for us instead of $12 million) to defray his contract. I see us going some combination of DT/CB/S/RB in rounds 1-4 anyway, so why not use the second to get a guy who, even when unmotivated by a contract year, is a better player than any other DT on the board other than Suh/McCoy? If motivated, Haynesworth is the best DT in football. And heck, I might just do it to keep him from going back to the Tacks.

El Tejano
04-06-2010, 01:35 PM
1. Haynesworth's contract is really a 4 year, $48 million deal. The Skins and his agent added meaningless years at the end to make it a $100 million deal, but the team has an option to terminate after 4 years. Still alot of money, but not the astronomical deal reported when he signed it.

2. Fat Albert and the Skins renegotiated the deal a few weeks ago to alter the cap ramifications (assuming the cap returns) by pushing much of the cap charges into this capless season.

3. If the accounts of the McNabb trade negotiations are correct, the Redskins offered him to the Eagles for McNabb. The Eagles refused, so the Skins improved their offer with a second rounder instead. That should give an indication of how they value him.

So here's the question--should we offer the Skins our second rounder for Haynesworth? I'd actually consider it--especially if we can get that ***** Snyder to pony up, say, $9 million (making him a $9 million/year player for us instead of $12 million) to defray his contract. I see us going some combination of DT/CB/S/RB in rounds 1-4 anyway, so why not use the second to get a guy who, even when unmotivated by a contract year, is a better player than any other DT on the board other than Suh/McCoy? If motivated, Haynesworth is the best DT in football. And heck, I might just do it to keep him from going back to the Tacks.

Great idea. I'd do it so he could play Tennessee twice a year.

Dutchrudder
04-06-2010, 02:11 PM

I like this idea, but I think a second is a bit too high for him due to the size of his contract and the size of his ass. It seems to me that the Redskins don't want him for some reason, which means he may be more of a bargain than we think. Whether he doesn't fit in Shanny's system, or his contract is too expensive, or a combination of the two, I think it would be foolish to not offer at least a 3rd for him to get the ball rolling.

A more likely trade may be giving the Redskins a late round pick and Jacoby Jones for him. Jacoby is in his last year, and the Redskins are hurting for WRs, but the Texans have their 1 and 2 WRs set for the next few years. Jacoby had a pretty good year in 09 and he looks like he could be a viable #2 in the right offense, plus Kyle Shanahan is familiar with him and knows he has potential.

WWJD
04-06-2010, 02:13 PM
I think it's Arrington that has a radio show up in the DC area and he blasted AH not so very long ago.

Said he was lazy.

toronto
04-06-2010, 02:29 PM
I think Fisher has officially washed his hands of Al. Even if he wanted him back, I suspect there are hard feelings over the likelihood, even if unproven and unsubstantiated, that Al negotiated before 12 midnight.

After watching Fisher nail VY to the bench for an entire season plus part of the next one, he clearly doesn't forget.

Add in the crappy season turned in by Al after he got his cash? I doubt I even want him back as a Titan fan.

Runner
04-06-2010, 04:21 PM
If by some long shot deal the Texans would acquire Haynesworth, it would put an end to the image of "Texans as Nice Guys". As I understand it, if you scrape off the outer layer of jackass from Fat Albert, you would come to a solid core of more jackass.

drewmar74
04-06-2010, 04:32 PM
Al can go anywhere he wants to just as long as I don't have to see him double teamed by some combination of Myers and one of our OG's twice per year.

I dislike the man but he's very, very disruptive and I was happy to see him leave the division.

If Washington can't move him, I wonder if he's going to go back to being a turd since he'll be stuck playing the nose in a 3-4.... :thinking:

El Tejano
04-06-2010, 04:38 PM
Considering we have to play AH in Washington, might be a good idea to see if we can get him on our side.

JB
04-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Al can go anywhere he wants to just as long as I don't have to see him double teamed by some combination of Myers and one of our OG's twice per year.

I dislike the man but he's very, very disruptive and I was happy to see him leave the division.

If Washington can't move him, I wonder if he's going to go back to being a turd since he'll be stuck playing the nose in a 3-4.... :thinking:

What do you mean " go back" ? He aint never left!

drewmar74
04-06-2010, 04:43 PM
What do you mean " go back" ? He aint never left!

Darn fine point, JB.

Maybe I should have said "go back to being an uber-turd"

infantrycak
04-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Don't care about his being a turd. Dude is tailor made for what Bush wants to do. Stick him Mario, Smith and Barwin out there and you would see some big eyed QBs including Manning. Washington did the overpayment contract now get the benefit with the regime change and take only the back end of the deal. Won't happen most likely but it would be great.

JB
04-06-2010, 04:52 PM
Don't care about his being a turd. Dude is tailor made for what Bush wants to do. Stick him Mario, Smith and Barwin out there and you would see some big eyed QBs including Manning. Washington did the overpayment contract now get the benefit with the regime change and take only the back end of the deal. Won't happen most likely but it would be great.

Absolutely he would look good in our DL.

drewmar74
04-06-2010, 04:55 PM

You'll get no argument from me. I'd be content to say "Yes, he's a turd. But he's OUR turd" as he flattens Peyton.

Can you imagine Fat Al getting a big push up the middle with Mario coming around on the end? QB's would have no place to go. No "hidey hole" in the center's back pocket because our DT's were getting no push.

I just don't speculate on it because the potential implications for our D are so freakin' awesome yet the possibility of it happening is so low as to be inconceivable to me.

JB
04-06-2010, 04:59 PM
You'll get no argument from me. I'd be content to say "Yes, he's a turd. But he's OUR turd" as he flattens Peyton.

Can you imagine Fat Al getting a big push up the middle with Mario coming around on the end? QB's would have no place to go. No "hidey hole" in the center's back pocket because our DT's were getting no push.

I just don't speculate on it because the potential implications for our D are so freakin' awesome yet the possibility of it happening is so low as to be inconceivable to me.

Actually, might not be so far-fetched. You know if Shanny is going to trade him, they would not mind getting him out of the NFC, and Shanny and Smithiak do have a good relationship. We do need a DT. We have a piece or two they might be interested in. Stranger things have happened!

drewmar74
04-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Actually, might not be so far-fetched. You know if Shanny is going to trade him, they would not mind getting him out of the NFC, and Shanny and Smithiak do have a good relationship. We do need a DT. We have a piece or two they might be interested in. Stranger things have happened!

Dude - don't tease me.

Runner
04-06-2010, 05:03 PM

Turds are always worse if they are someone else's anyway,,,

:)

infantrycak
04-06-2010, 05:05 PM

Normally I would say no chance but this does look like a perfect storm. Bush wants his DTs to play exactly like Haynesworth. Washington does not. Then there is the Kubiak and Shanahan connection. Give them a 2nd to replace the one they gave to get McNabb, draft Ryan Mathews and wait for Vandermeer to scream rock and roll.

HOU-TEX
04-06-2010, 05:06 PM
I's trade Myers straight up for him. :fistpump:

drewmar74
04-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Normally I would say no chance but this does look like a perfect storm. Bush wants his DTs to play exactly like Haynesworth. Washington does not. Then there is the Kubiak and Shanahan connection. Give them a 2nd to replace the one they gave to get McNabb, draft Ryan Mathews and wait for Vandermeer to scream rock and roll.

You're killing me here.

I keep having visions of Peyton smashed flat on the Reliant turf by Al and Mario...... TV crews having to take a TV timeout while they use a shovel to scrape him off of the floor......

Goldensilence
04-06-2010, 05:16 PM

Not sure if they had a good relationship as much as Mike and Rick are at least familiar with each other. I wouldn't expect them to do us any favors like Scott Pioli and Bill Belicek.

I guess as the off-season wears on we'll see how bad DC wants to unload Albert.

Could possibly get him for a second, but ya gotta think if we go RB in the first...get a Albert for a second, that leaves our problems in the secondary relatively unaddressed.

Might be able to get someone who could start at FS, not so sure about CB.

drewmar74
04-06-2010, 05:19 PM
Could possibly get him for a second, but ya gotta think if we go RB in the first...get a Albert for a second, that leaves our problems in the secondary relatively unaddressed.

Might be able to get someone who could start at FS, not so sure about CB.

Yeah..... but, if Al was able to give our pass rush a boost (which I truly believe he would) that would help in the secondary. Opposing QB's wouldn't have hours to dissect our exposed CB's like they do now.

I'm not saying that it alleviates the need - maybe it just alleviates the need for blue chip CB talent.

JB
04-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Yeah..... but, if Al was able to give our pass rush a boost (which I truly believe he would) that would help in the secondary. Opposing QB's wouldn't have hours to dissect our exposed CB's like they do now.

I'm not saying that it alleviates the need - maybe it just alleviates the need for blue chip CB talent.

Yep, sure made the fake irishman look good behind him.

ChampionTexan
04-06-2010, 05:33 PM

I like it!

I think Albert needs a chip on his shoulder again, but I think the events transpiring in D.C. could very well be putting one there. If getting a $100 Million contract (the non-$100 Million nature of which I freely acknowledge) is a giant ego trip, then how much of a counter-ego trip is watching your value be equated to that of a second round pick before you even make it to the second season of that contract. Albert might also decide that three opportunities to face a former employer during the 2010 season is another motivating factor.

Finally, if I'm understanding his contract correctly, there was $41 Million guaranteed, and $32 or $33 million of that has already been paid (including a $21 Million amount paid just last week). The only guaranteed money that's left is the 2010 and 2011 base salaries. We trade for Phat Albert for the same reason I only buy "previously owned" automobiles - let the first guy absorb the financial hit.

infantrycak
04-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Finally, if I'm understanding his contract correctly, there was $41 Million guaranteed, and $32 or $33 million of that has already been paid (including a $21 Million amount paid just last week). The only guaranteed money that's left is the 2010 and 2011 base salaries. We trade for Phat Albert for the same reason I only buy "previously owned" automobiles - let the first guy absorb the financial hit.

That's the beauty. Let another team be the sucker and then grab the leftovers. Big boy has his fat contract but not at the expense of the Texans. This is one they should really examine.

TEXANS84
04-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Everyone saw what KVB and Orakpo did while playing next to Haynesworth and that is consistantly get to the passer.
Now imagine Mario lined up next to him and you'd see a TE and the FB running to that side for support.
I'd love it, and if there was a year to do it...this would be the year.

Wolf
04-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Don't bet on Haynesworth return
JIM WYATT, The Tennessean

The Redskins are apparently fed up with defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, and already there’s speculation he could return to the Titans as part of a trade.

It’s natural, I guess. After all, Haynesworth played at the University of Tennessee, spent his first seven NFL seasons with the Titans, a team that wanted to keep him last offseason but wasn’t willing to overpay.

But I wouldn’t get all worked up about it happening.

For starters, the Titans have made two moves at the position since Haynesworth left to sign that $100 million contract with the Redskins. Tennessee signed Jovan Haye to a $15.2 million deal last March and drafted Sen’Derrick Marks in the second round last year.

The Titans are also working on a long-term contract with Tony Brown, a player the coaches love and want to keep around long-term. The Titans also remain high on Jason Jones, who has battled injuries. While Haynesworth would be a difference-maker, there’s not the huge need.

Then, there’s the "Haynesworth Factor." If new Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan is already ready to move him, what makes anyone think Titans Coach Jeff Fisher is ready to take him back on? Remember, Fisher and Haynesworth didn’t always see eye-to-eye, and Haynesworth wasn’t the most popular guy with the coaching staff on his way out. If he could be had for cheap then who wouldn’t want him? But there’s nothing about Haynesworth that screams cheap.

The big guy still has that beefy contract attached to him, although it's a lot more affordable now. The Redskins paid him $21 million on April 1, so he still has at least $48 million remaining over the last six years of the deal.

Here’s my hunch on what happened with Haynesworth, and what will happen next:

* The Redskins made it known to the Eagles that the defensive tackle could be had as part of the Donovan McNabb trade, if they were willing to take on his $21 million bonus. The Eagles balked, of course.
* No matter how disappointed the 'Skins might be in Haynesworth, I can’t see them trading him now. It would mean he played one season in Washington for $32 million, counting the money he received in 2009. And I certainly can’t see him returning to the Titans.

http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/2010/04/06/dont-bet-on-haynesworth-return/

steelbtexan
04-06-2010, 05:42 PM
Al would be a great fit on the Texans DL. (Immediate game changer)

I would give up Okoye,Studdard and a 2nd rd pick for Al.

It's not going to happen. I bet Al gets traded to Denver in a trade for Marshall.

Wolf
04-06-2010, 05:43 PM
Redskin insider:By Jason Reid

In a post Monday morning, Rick Maese explained the Redskins included Haynesworth in their trade proposal to Philadelphia for Donovan McNabb, which the Eagles rejected. The fact that Coach Mike Shanahan was willing to trade Haynesworth within the division indicates how eager he is to move him.

Haynesworth has not participated in the offseason conditioning program as Shanahan preferred, has expressed concerns about moving to nose tackle and last Thursday received a $21 million bonus. Shanahan's contempt for Haynesworth, Insider readers have written in e-mails I've received, was apparent on his face in a video interview during the owners' meetings in Orlando recently. And shortly after he was hired, General Manager Bruce Allen told people in the organization there was no way he would have given Haynesworth a $100 million contract, a former team official said.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/mike-shanahan/with-haynesworth-trouble-might.html?wprss=redskinsinsider

Thorn
04-06-2010, 05:44 PM
I've learned to hate Fat Al. If he came here I'd have to learn to ......what? Just because I gotta take a shit every day doesn't mean I have to like it, just accept it. Same with Fat Al. Just don't like him.

I do agree he would fit in well though. That would be an awesome D line. I don't see it happening though, so I'm not going to worry myself over it.

Goldensilence
04-06-2010, 05:45 PM
Al would be a great fit on the Texans DL. (Immediate game changer)

I would give up Okoye,Studdard and a 2nd rd pick for Al.

It's not going to happen. I bet Al gets traded to Denver in a trade for Marshall.

Makes all the sense in the world for Washington, but little for Denver. Denver runs a 3-4 as well.

NitroGSXR
04-06-2010, 05:56 PM

Hey now...

Na...

Naw. Naw. Ain't buying. Not again. I'm outta here...

Whatever happens happens.

Kaiser Toro
04-06-2010, 07:36 PM
If by some long shot deal the Texans would acquire Haynesworth, it would put an end to the image of "Texans as Nice Guys". As I understand it, if you scrape off the outer layer of jackass from Fat Albert, you would come to a solid core of more jackass.

But he would be our jack ass.

kiwitexansfan
04-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Hayneswort in the Steel Blue, Battle Red and Liberty White would be nasty.

Unfortunately to nasty for the good guys in our front office.

Lucky
04-06-2010, 09:14 PM

So here's the question--should we offer the Skins our second rounder for Haynesworth? I'd actually consider it--especially if we can get that ***** Snyder to pony up, say, $9 million (making him a $9 million/year player for us instead of $12 million) to defray his contract.
I'm pretty sure that the Redskins can't "pony up" a portion of Haynesworth's salary, if traded. I also think that any chance to trade for Haynesworth went away once Snyder paid Albert the $21 million bonus. If the Texans had been interested in Haynesworth, and paying out the bonus, I'm sure a deal could have been swung prior to April 1st.

Now cue the "McNair is a cheapskate" posts...

JB
04-06-2010, 09:30 PM
I'm pretty sure that the Redskins can't "pony up" a portion of Haynesworth's salary, if traded. I also think that any chance to trade for Haynesworth went away once Snyder paid Albert the $21 million bonus. If the Texans had been interested in Haynesworth, and paying out the bonus, I'm sure a deal could have been swung prior to April 1st.

Perhaps if the Texans offered Jacoby and half that bonus? Or a 3rd and half that bonus?

toronto
04-06-2010, 11:14 PM
I think the one thing we can all conclude?

The Titans were not idiots to let this contract player walk away.

Blazing Arrow
04-07-2010, 12:20 AM
I think the one thing we can all conclude?

The Titans were not idiots to let this contract player walk away.

What no way ....

No way a Titan fan would have realize he was only looking for cash like he always has. There are probably several warrents out for his arrest anyways if he came back to the state.

TexanFan23
04-07-2010, 08:22 AM
What no way ....

No way a Titan fan would have realize he was only looking for cash like he always has. There are probably several warrents out for his arrest anyways if he came back to the state.

Warrants follow you man...

I got to watch this guy play for many years when I lived in that forsaken place... I saw him take off plays, I saw him poke people in the eyes, stomp peoples heads, do 120mph down the interstate in various vehicles from a Lambo to a lifted F-650. This guy is an assclown and now that he's gotten his huge payday, He's done.

He's going to whine, cry, and ***** about what the coaches are doing, How they're playing him, ect, ect, ect and he's going to take plays off and quit because he's done everything he's wanted to do since he entered the league, He got paid.

Notice, He didn't become a dominant player until his contract year, then he got franchise tagged and had to do it again. He got paid and fell to crap once again.

There's NO WAY Jeff Fisher would take him back, esp. the way he left Nashville and the comments he made on his way out. The only way he ends up a Titan again is if Bud goes over Fishers head and after the way he went over Fishers head to start VY, I think that would be it for Fisher.

Hooston Texan
04-07-2010, 10:13 AM

When I made my original post yesterday, I didn't realize the Skins paid him $21 million last week. So his contract going forward is only 3 years at $16 million--that makes him incredibly attractive at that price, warts and all. But the money flow will go in the other direction: the Skins will likely want money back in a deal to recoup some part of the $21 million. Unless the draft pick(s) is juicy enough to entice Snydahan to simply eat the $21 million.

My proposed deal yesterday was a second rounder for Haynesworth plus $9 million from the Skins. That would have made Haynesworth's remaining three years effectively a $9 million annual obligation for us. In light of the $21 million payment, we could achieve the same value (holding time-value-of-money considerations aside) by sending Washington $11 million plus the second rounder.

El Tejano
04-07-2010, 10:40 AM
We could part with David Anderson or Andre Davis. The draft is full of young WR that could replace them. I wouldn't trade Jacoby Jones.

Second Honeymoon
04-07-2010, 10:50 AM
MS aint scared!!!
Maybe Rick is on the phone with his old friends though.

So let's play. What would it take to get Haynesworth?

he's only going to cost 16 million over the next 3 years
his value is high once you take away the guaranteed money
I would do cartwheels and start the Bob McNair fanclub if they got him
and it would punk our rivals

I would give them #20 for haynes and a bit more compensation
maybe switch 3rd rounders letting us move up around 12 spots

Second Honeymoon
04-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Haynes would bring more mean streak to with last years infusion of passion with Cush and even Pollard

has Alex brown been signed?
We should help the defense
can't win big games without it

El Tejano
04-07-2010, 11:27 AM
Haynes would bring more mean streak to with last years infusion of passion with Cush and even Pollard

has Alex brown been signed?
We should help the defense
can't win big games without it

I was thinking the same thing too. I was thinking that if we could have someone on the line with Brian Cushings intensity, our D would have all three levels with a mean dude on it. DL, LBs, and DBs.

Dutchrudder
04-07-2010, 11:37 AM
We could part with David Anderson or Andre Davis. The draft is full of young WR that could replace them. I wouldn't trade Jacoby Jones.

Jacoby is in the last year of his rookie contract. Next year he will be a free agent, and will likely be signed as a number 2 WR elsewhere. Now is the perfect time to trade him and we can look for another KR/PR man in the draft.

BigBull17
04-07-2010, 11:40 AM

Fat Al made Van Din Nazi look good, and Mario is slightly better than him, so...Wow.

Dread-Head
04-07-2010, 03:38 PM
(weird base line)

HEY HEY HEY! It's FAAAAAAAT Albert! And he's gonna get a sack or two?

And Bill's gonna chug down another brew.

He's having fun now...with Marcie and the gang

...learning from each other...While we do our thang...

Chorus: Na na na...gonna have a good time!

Nah...I can't see it.

CloakNNNdagger
04-07-2010, 04:41 PM
Haynesworth will attend mandatory offseason sessions only (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/07/haynesworth-will-attend-mandatory-offseason-sessions-only/)

So with the Redskins supposedly intent on keeping "nose tackle" Albert Haynesworth, they'll use the bulk of the offseason program to get him ready for his new role, right?

Good luck with that.

Jason Reid of the Washington Post reports that, while Haynesworth will attend the team's mandatory minicamps, he'll skip the far more extensive voluntary sessions.

Per Reid, Haynesworth intends to spend no more time with the team than required.

Reid also reiterates that Haynesworth is available to be traded, and Reid reports (as we believed) that the Redskins are hoping to get Haynesworth to pay back some of the $21 million he received last week, in order to facilitate a trade. Haynesworth reportedly "would not be opposed" to that, if coach Mike Shanahan continues the plan to use Haynesworth as a nose tackle.

Reid reports that the most likely destinations are the Titans, Lions, Bucs, and Jaguars.

So stay tuned. All signs point to Haynesworth being available -- and at this point we'd be surprised if the team and the player find a way to mend fences for the 2010 season.

The Pencil Neck
04-07-2010, 04:53 PM
On Twitter, Schefter said the Redskins are NOT shopping Haynesworth.

infantrycak
04-07-2010, 05:14 PM
On Twitter, Schefter said the Redskins are NOT shopping Haynesworth.

Yeah he did but really? Haynesworth's talent is the anti-Seth Payne. Payne undersized could take two OLmen and tie them in knots. Haynesworth as a big boy somehow gets up field. He isn't meant to be a 3-4 NT. He knows it and I'm pretty sure Shanahan knows it. I'm still hoping Kubiak has a cell phone and Bush is humping his leg.

Second Honeymoon
04-07-2010, 06:27 PM
Yeah he did but really? Haynesworth's talent is the anti-Seth Payne. Payne undersized could take two OLmen and tie them in knots. Haynesworth as a big boy somehow gets up field. He isn't meant to be a 3-4 NT. He knows it and I'm pretty sure Shanahan knows it. I'm still hoping Kubiak has a cell phone and Bush is humping his leg.

I'm with you
maybe a little spoiled but he would produce and help Mario

he is on the block for sure
they just don't want to look desperate
he doesn't fit skins scheme but would be perfect

Grams
04-07-2010, 06:40 PM
He only plays well when he is trying to get a big contract.

JB
04-07-2010, 06:57 PM
He only plays well when he is trying to get a big contract.

But he requires a double team the entire time he is in the lineup!

If you can keep him in the lineup.

Second Honeymoon
04-07-2010, 08:29 PM
But he requires a double team the entire time he is in the lineup!

If you can keep him in the lineup.

No brainer Imho
getting haynes at 5.3mill a year is too good to pass up
it's almost worth it just to keep him out of division

Mario and haynes could be something to behold side by side
maybe it would light a fire under Slowkoye

JB
04-07-2010, 10:04 PM
No brainer Imho

Absolutely! He is a difference maker. If they could work out anything reasonable, I would be all for it! I think Kollar and Haynes would hit it off great!

Certainly worth a 2nd. Or maybe a 3rd and a player. Or a third and a conditional for next year.

Haynesworth has admitted he would be open to refunding part of the 21 mil bonus he was just paid if he could be traded. He does not want to play in a 3-4

Second Honeymoon
04-07-2010, 10:26 PM
Absolutely! He is a difference maker. If they could work out anything reasonable, I would be all for it! I think Kollar and Haynes would hit it off great!

Certainly worth a 2nd. Or maybe a 3rd and a player. Or a third and a conditional for next year.

Haynesworth has admitted he would be open to refunding part of the 21 mil bonus he was just paid if he could be traded. He does not want to play in a 3-4

yeah, the last sentence worries me. it sounds to me like he wants to be traded and then get ANOTHER new deal to compensate him for what he paid back to the Skins.

I would want to talk to him about his situation before I pulled the trigger. I want a happy Haynesworth not an unhappy Haynesworth or where we would have to give up picks AND give him money above and beyond the 16million that he is owed over the next 3 years.

That is some great value there at just over 5million per year for arguably the leagues most dominant DT.

JB
04-07-2010, 10:33 PM
yeah, the last sentence worries me. it sounds to me like he wants to be traded and then get ANOTHER new deal to compensate him for what he paid back to the Skins.

I would want to talk to him about his situation before I pulled the trigger. I want a happy Haynesworth not an unhappy Haynesworth or where we would have to give up picks AND give him money above and beyond the 16million that he is owed over the next 3 years.

That is some great value there at just over 5million per year for arguably the leagues most dominant DT.

From what I have read, he is not too worried about the money of his current contract. But he knows if he is stuck in a 3-4, most of his glamour would be gone. As well as his effectiveness a line disruptor. He really does not fet as a NT in a 3-4, but he does not hold space, he collapses it.

leebigeztx
04-07-2010, 11:27 PM
Been reading and listening to nfl radio as usual. Of course mcnabb is the big story, but haynesworth has also been a hot topic. I'm actually surprised to hear that a team trading for him will only owe him 4yrs and 16m. The skins just dropped the other 20m in his acct monday. So i ask the question, why arent the texans trying to trade for him?

I know alot of fans will have issues because of what he did to schaub, but getting albert is a championship type of move. He would make everyone on the defense better.

JB
04-07-2010, 11:30 PM
http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70900

Allstar
04-07-2010, 11:41 PM
I got all excited cuz this was posted in the Texans section. Same ole same ole :(

m5kwatts
04-07-2010, 11:46 PM
He doesn't fit the Texans profile but I'd give my left testacle for him. He would make this defense a top 3 unit.

kiwitexansfan
04-07-2010, 11:49 PM
He doesn't fit the Texans profile but I'd give my left testacle for him. He would make this defense a top 3 unit.

A top 3 unit in what? Face stomping?

He's good but he doesn't fix the secondary.

JB
04-07-2010, 11:50 PM

sorry, but wha? :confused:

Wolf
04-08-2010, 03:11 AM
NFL network was reporting tonight that Titans are in the mix (behind closed doors) along with possibly the Lions and Bucs for Fat Albert

dalemurphy
04-08-2010, 08:20 AM

unmotivated (check), injury-prone(check), dominant (nope)

well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad. He almost fits the Texan profile for DT:
Robaire Smith
Travis Johnson
Amobi Okoye

infantrycak
04-08-2010, 11:54 AM
So i ask the question, why arent the texans trying to trade for him?

Who says they aren't? Just because fans don't hear about something doesn't mean it isn't happening.

Blazing Arrow
04-08-2010, 11:54 AM
unmotivated (check), injury-prone(check), dominant (nope)

well, 2 out of 3 ain't bad. He almost fits the Texan profile for DT:
Robaire Smith
Travis Johnson
Amobi Okoye

AH plays well when he tries. The problem is he only tries for about 2/3 of the game and for only about 8 games a season.

BigBull17
04-08-2010, 12:01 PM
No brainer Imho

Slowkoye could be traded, if you got Fat Al. Don't know who would take him, but anything is better than Zerokoye.

BigBull17
04-08-2010, 12:03 PM

Of course he won't play Free Safty. We just need him to play DT...He makes us a top 3 Defense, in a heart beat. We were damn near the top, and had three horrible games stat wise. People would fear Cush, A Smith, Pollard, Fat Al. Scary.

Second Honeymoon
04-08-2010, 01:12 PM
Of course he won't play Free Safty. We just need him to play DT...He makes us a top 3 Defense, in a heart beat. We were damn near the top, and had three horrible games stat wise. People would fear Cush, A Smith, Pollard, Fat Al. Scary.

adding Haynesworth puts the fear of God into any NFL OC especially AFC South OC

both Mario and Haynesworth do a lot of damage when they get their hands on you. both are well skilled at forcing fumbles and delivering some pain. yeah both guys take plays off and are a bit unmotivated at times, but Haynesworth would help our team and that is all I care about.

Yeah the facestomping was bad but he was young and I think he was pretty honest in his apology and hasn't done anything like that since. As for injuring Schaub, he did it all legal and by the book. You are SUPPOSED to try and hurt the QB and he did it within the rules....which is pretty tough to do considering QBs wear skirts and high heels nowadays thanks to all the rule changes protecting QBs

He would help Mario, Smith, and our linebackers.

I don't see it happening because its not the 'Texans' way...whatever the hell that is

but I can dream...we can all dream. Haynesworth would look real good next to Mario..thats for sure

infantrycak
04-08-2010, 01:15 PM
As for injuring Schaub, he did it all legal and by the book.

Actually he was flagged on that play for leaving his feet and driving Schaub into the ground. Point remains, we agree he would be a great addition to the team.

El Tejano
04-08-2010, 01:17 PM
He sure would be a nice disruption to teams that want to run the option.

He not only makes Mario better, he probably makes a more blitzing Demeco better too.

BigBull17
04-08-2010, 01:20 PM
adding Haynesworth puts the fear of God into any NFL OC especially AFC South OC

both Mario and Haynesworth do a lot of damage when they get their hands on you. both are well skilled at forcing fumbles and delivering some pain. yeah both guys take plays off and are a bit unmotivated at times, but Haynesworth would help our team and that is all I care about.

Yeah the facestomping was bad but he was young and I think he was pretty honest in his apology and hasn't done anything like that since. As for injuring Schaub, he did it all legal and by the book. You are SUPPOSED to try and hurt the QB and he did it within the rules....which is pretty tough to do considering QBs wear skirts and high heels nowadays thanks to all the rule changes protecting QBs

He would help Mario, Smith, and our linebackers.

I don't see it happening because its not the 'Texans' way...whatever the hell that is

but I can dream...we can all dream. Haynesworth would look real good next to Mario..thats for sure

We would have a mean, angry, borderline cheap shot team. Smith, Cush and Pollard walk a fine line, and Haynesworth doesn't give a shit about your boundries and goes all "Eye of the Tiger" on people. And to whoever said he plays half the time, a dominant DT for 8 games is better than playing 10 vs 11 while Zerokoye's ass is out there being invisible.

Second Honeymoon
04-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Actually he was flagged on that play for leaving his feet and driving Schaub into the ground. Point remains, we agree he would be a great addition to the team.

I didn't think that was the one he got injured on. Irregardless, he likes to inflict pain and that is always a good thing....its almost old school to be that way nowadays.

Second Honeymoon
04-08-2010, 01:41 PM
One thing is for sure, the Skins and Haynesworth are in no hurry to make this happen. Skins want to slowplay it so more teams get into the bidding and so they don't look desperate. Haynesworth isn't in a hurry because he doesn't have any reason to attend voluntary work and he already got his money last week. I do think that if he is traded, pride is going to kick in a bit and he is going to want to make the Skins look pretty bad messing with his position. At the end of the day, he should do whatever they ask of him because they paid him so much money but the Skins also have to realize that they need to put him in a position where he is comfortable and has a chance to be successful.

I think the Skins are screwing up. What makes the 3-4 so great that you would take a $20+ million dollar penalty and lose a player just to switch to it. The rest of the team was also built with 4-3 in mind as well. Shanahan has made it obvious he is going to do it his way with his players on his own timetable. I just think practicality should have won over authority. I have always felt you put a system in that accentuates your strengths and diminishes/hides your weaknesses, not the other way around.

but Shanny and Allen are running things and I could care less about the Skins...
Shanny needs to throw us a bone and not let him go to JVille or Tennessee. Send him here or somewhere else that we don't play 2 times a year. I know that Manning and Haynesworth are fellow Tennessee alumni and are friends. Please don't let him go there...please please please.

steelbtexan
04-08-2010, 01:41 PM
I would give up a 2010 2nd OkOye, Studdard and a 2011 4th for Big Al

That would be a steal. To bad Big Al doesn't fit McNair's profile.

Draft a CB in Rd1 and a RB in rd3 along with a OL in rd.4 and you have a playoff team.

Rd.1 Wilson
Rd.2 Big Al
Rd.3 Tate or Hardesty
Rd.4 Myron Lewis
Rd.5 Shawn Lauvao

That's a team that goes deep into the playoffs.

HOU-TEX
04-08-2010, 02:10 PM
The Skins just forked over 21 million on April 1st to this dude. It'd be a monumental fail if they traded him away at this point. I'm talkin making Al Davis look like a genius type of fail.

BigBull17
04-08-2010, 02:48 PM
One thing is for sure, the Skins and Haynesworth are in no hurry to make this happen. Skins want to slowplay it so more teams get into the bidding and so they don't look desperate. Haynesworth isn't in a hurry because he doesn't have any reason to attend voluntary work and he already got his money last week. I do think that if he is traded, pride is going to kick in a bit and he is going to want to make the Skins look pretty bad messing with his position. At the end of the day, he should do whatever they ask of him because they paid him so much money but the Skins also have to realize that they need to put him in a position where he is comfortable and has a chance to be successful.

I think the Skins are screwing up. What makes the 3-4 so great that you would take a $20+ million dollar penalty and lose a player just to switch to it. The rest of the team was also built with 4-3 in mind as well. Shanahan has made it obvious he is going to do it his way with his players on his own timetable. I just think practicality should have won over authority. I have always felt you put a system in that accentuates your strengths and diminishes/hides your weaknesses, not the other way around.

but Shanny and Allen are running things and I could care less about the Skins...
Shanny needs to throw us a bone and not let him go to JVille or Tennessee. Send him here or somewhere else that we don't play 2 times a year. I know that Manning and Haynesworth are fellow Tennessee alumni and are friends. Please don't let him go there...please please please.

People are in such a hurry to switch to a 3-4 they don't care what it takes. What they don't realize is that the great 3-4 type teams did it because there wasn't a lot of teams running it. The Steelers and Ravens got to take 1st-2nd round talent in the 4th-6th rounds cause they didn't work in a 4-3. Now that 15 teams run a 3-4, you're gonna have to take the big LB, small DE types earlier.

The Pencil Neck
04-08-2010, 02:59 PM
What they don't realize is that the great 3-4 type teams did it because there wasn't a lot of teams running it.

That's a great point.

It's not like the 3-4 is a recent invention. Teams have been running it for at least as long as I've been watching football: late 60's/early 70's.

The 3-4 goes in and out of favor cyclically. When there aren't very many teams running it, then teams can find success with it because it's unusual and teams aren't ready for it. Especially if you can add some new wrinkles to it. Then when a lot of teams start running it, it stops being as effective and drops out of favor again.

Dutchrudder
04-08-2010, 05:59 PM
I would give up a 2010 2nd OkOye, Studdard and a 2011 4th for Big Al

That would be a steal. To bad Big Al doesn't fit McNair's profile.

Draft a CB in Rd1 and a RB in rd3 along with a OL in rd.4 and you have a playoff team.

Rd.1 Wilson
Rd.2 Big Al
Rd.3 Tate or Hardesty
Rd.4 Myron Lewis
Rd.5 Shawn Lauvao

That's a team that goes deep into the playoffs.

The problem is that they don't want Okoye either. Okoye isn't going to be any better at NT in a 3-4 than Haynesworth. What the Redskins need is a WR, O-line help, and 3-4 NT and LBs. Of those things, the Texans are stacked on WR and LB.

Instead of giving up a 2nd this year, the Texans should try to dangle Jacoby Jones and Zac Diles along with a 4th-5th round pick for Al. The Skins would fill two needs, and we would open up a need at weak-side LB and 3rd WR/KR. Both of those can be filled in late rounds of the draft, and we still retain our 1-3 picks this year for CB, RB and O-line.

Bulluck53
04-09-2010, 12:14 AM

Year.....NFL Rank............Team..................Passing Yds/g

07...........10.........Tennessee Titans.................199.2
08............9..........Tennessee Titans.................199.8
09...........31.........Tennessee Titans.................258.7

I don't believe that to be a coincidence. We had injuries in the backfield but they didn't play that well when healthy. That group was clearly a weak link mostly due to the lack of a pass rush.

mattieuk
04-09-2010, 02:36 AM
As for the Texans ever making a move for him, count me out!

As far as I'm concerned a former Titans player, and also the subject of the Skins' annual stupid FA/trade signing is as damaged good as you can get.

Wolf
04-14-2010, 07:40 PM
Jason on NFLN (was told) and was saying the Redskins were wanting a 3rd before that roster bonus was enacted at the beginning of the month .. and he wasn't sure if they would be able to get more than that right now (even though they would want more being they paid out so much )

GuerillaBlack
04-14-2010, 10:38 PM
That's it? A third for Haynesworth? I'd do that.

Section516
04-15-2010, 08:36 AM
AH playing at 60% would still be such an improvement.. Immediate improvement.

AH and MW racing Ferrari would be such a tragedy..Horrible tragedy.

A third? I'd do it. In a heartbeat. We already may spend a 1-3rd on a DT..

jaayteetx
04-15-2010, 12:04 PM
That's it? A third for Haynesworth? I'd do that.

I think we would've been on the hook for the roster bonus too though, which isn't a paltry sum.

WWJD
04-15-2010, 12:30 PM
I remember when the Skins signed him about a minute after FA began and the numbers started coming out about his contract...he was going to be THE player that took them to the promise land. And now he's trade bait.

stingray
04-17-2010, 03:04 AM
Why does anyone want an unmotivated turd? He only plays when he feels like it. No way.. People don't freaking learn. Give me Lamarr Houston in the second or D'Anthony Smith in the fourth.

Porky
04-17-2010, 08:19 AM
Fat Albert for a 3rd? I'd be calling so fast, the phone lines would catch fire.

Look, Fat Al is a turd. But, if you add Fat Al and one good secondary player to this mix, this is easily a top 5 D to me. Add a good RB and an interior lineman to fill out the top 4 rds and you have a potential Super Bowl contender. :ant:

FirstTexansFan
04-17-2010, 08:45 AM
Fat Albert for a 3rd? I'd be calling so fast, the phone lines would catch fire.

Look, Fat Al is a turd. But, if you add Fat Al and one good secondary player to this mix, this is easily a top 5 D to me. Add a good RB and an interior lineman to fill out the top 4 rds and you have a potential Super Bowl contender. :ant:

But even with a 3rd, wouldn't we have to pick up his FAT contract? :)

The Pencil Neck
04-17-2010, 12:07 PM
But even with a 3rd, wouldn't we have to pick up his FAT contract? :)

I think the remaining part of his contract really isn't that fat. The Redskins took the biggest hit on it last year and with the roster bonus this year. I think the rest of it is backloaded in such a way that most of it's not guaranteed money.

I could be wrong on that, though. I'm not one of the contract guys.

FirstTexansFan
04-17-2010, 12:09 PM
I think the remaining part of his contract really isn't that fat. The Redskins took the biggest hit on it last year and with the roster bonus this year. I think the rest of it is backloaded in such a way that most of it's not guaranteed money.

I could be wrong on that, though. I'm not one of the contract guys.

Well if that's the case, I'm for it.. a 3rd for a fat slob in the middle beats what we got now :)

Porky
04-17-2010, 12:39 PM
The guy has high first rd talent, and even though he takes off some plays the things he can do are rare. And even though I dislike the guy personally, he would bring an edge and a nastiness to the defensive line and defense in general we haven't seen around here.

That tone started last year with the likes of Pollard, Cushing and A Smith. Those 3 bring that temperment, but adding Fat Albert would complete that transition. And this D would never be called soft again with those 4, plus I noticed Demeco picking up on that and getting nastier too.

Fat Albert, you complete me. :cow:

texanhead08
04-18-2010, 04:01 PM
Haynesworth was an average player before he got franchised and the only reason he was motivated then was he was playing for that big paycheck.

He got his money and went back to not giving a shit again.

I don't want him because if there is a new cba next season you are stuck with a bad contract for an overpaid player.

J_R
04-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Appearing on NFL Network's Around the League program Monday, Jason La Canfora reported that a trade of Albert Haynesworth on or before draft weekend is "very likely."

La Canfora says the Redskins intend to make a big move this week, and that shipping off Haynesworth is the best bet. Washington currently holds just one draft pick in the top 100. Haynesworth should be able to fetch an early third-rounder at the least. The Skins may be targeting a second-rounder.

Goatcheese
04-19-2010, 07:54 PM
Appearing on NFL Network's Around the League program Monday, Jason La Canfora reported that a trade of Albert Haynesworth on or before draft weekend is "very likely."

La Canfora says the Redskins intend to make a big move this week, and that shipping off Haynesworth is the best bet. Washington currently holds just one draft pick in the top 100. Haynesworth should be able to fetch an early third-rounder at the least. The Skins may be targeting a second-rounder.

I would give them our 2nd for Fatty and their 3rd.

mussop
04-22-2010, 08:10 PM
Haynesworth. I know people dislike him but he would finally give us a real DT to free up not only our DE's but also keep OL off our LB's and allow them to seek and destroy.

Maybe Kubiak can call in a favor and even get him for a 3rd. Either way a late second or third is a steal for a player like Haynesworth.

JB
04-22-2010, 08:36 PM
Haynesworth. I know people dislike him but he would finally give us a real DT to free up not only our DE's but also keep OL off our LB's and allow them to seek and destroy.

Maybe Kubiak can call in a favor and even get him for a 3rd. Either way a late second or third is a steal for a player like Haynesworth.
Totally agree!

Stemp
04-22-2010, 08:40 PM

Not no, but HELL NO! Too many teams want him and he's WAY too expensive.

Hervoyel
04-23-2010, 12:27 AM
Haynesworth is a force. Playing with even the slightest bit of interest he's better than every single DT we have, have had, or could hope to get our hands on right now. The real thing here is that he's a difficult player to have on your team. He's not a model citizen and he's never going to be. He's got a past and he's got some baggage and he's about the money.

Do you want to put up with him to win big because we'll win big if we add Haynesworth to the line. You put him plus whatever shopping cart DT on our roster you want and our DE's become scary people statistically. We start getting to the QB on a regular basis then but we have to cope with Fat Albert and his attitude.

I think the Texans would rather deal with choir boys and play .500 ball (give or take a win) than bring a player who might prove difficult onboard. I think there's a time to add that kind of player if his benefits outweigh the negatives he brings. I don't like Fat Albert but he'd make a huge difference. Anyone who says otherwise has either not watched the NFL in the last 3-4 years or simply wants to pretend that he's a fat, lazy slug because they dislike him personally (perfectly understandable) or know we have no chance of the Texans bringing him here at any price and are already in spin mode whether they know it or not. I've seen him push us around for years. I've seen him do it to other teams too. There's nothing wrong with Albert Haynesworth "the player" at this point. He doesn't want to become a 3-4 NT. So what? Who does? He signed a deal to play one position and he doesn't want to change to another. I can't fault him for that. He's a very successful 4-3 DT, why should he change?

toronto
04-23-2010, 01:36 AM
Fisher was quoted as stating that talks over Haynesworth were dead.

I don't believe him - I strongly suspect that if the Titans toss out a 3rd or 4th, the Redskins will call it a day and trade him.

This will go down as one of the alltime worst contracts ever handed out in UFA, and living proof that people that go hysterical the second stupid contracts start getting dished out need to get a grip.

Nate Clements and Albert Haynesworth will forever be Options A and B for this argument.

Errant Hothy
04-23-2010, 04:34 PM
Fat Albert to be dealt? Sounds likely.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/23/report-haynesworth-deal-expected-now/

Here's the latest on the $100 million man in list form because my brain is tired and I need to put on some pants and get over to Radio City Music Hall soon.

1. NFL Network's Jason La Canfora's sources is convinced Haynesworth's trade will happen today. And despite Titans coach Jeff Fisher's protestations, he says the most likely destination is Tennessee for a second round pick.

Mailman
04-23-2010, 04:47 PM
Oh dear God please let Canfora be wrong about this. I do not want Haynesworth back in the division.

michaelm
04-23-2010, 04:56 PM
I don't think this team is exactly in "win now" mode, you know, just a single player away from the Super Bowl, but add Haynesworth and a decent running back, and this team will be talked about as legit contenders for a title, IMO.

ChampionTexan
04-23-2010, 05:00 PM
Oh dear God please let Canfora be wrong about this. I do not want Haynesworth back in the division.

If they're going to get him for a 2nd round pick, it's either next years 2nd (which would be a mischaracterization), or the Titans are gonna have to do another deal to get a 2 in this years draft since they don't have one right now.

toronto
04-23-2010, 05:01 PM

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/23/report-haynesworth-deal-expected-now/

Titans don't have a 2nd. If this goes down, it'll be a 3rd.

Not sure how I feel - Al has a look and feel of a player that played for the big bucks, and now that he is rich as hell (paid $41M already) I'm not sure he wil ever be what we saw two years ago when he was the best DT in the NFL

TEXANS84
04-23-2010, 05:01 PM

profootballtalk should check that the Titans do not have a second round pick this year.

texasguy346
04-23-2010, 05:06 PM
Schefter was saying last night that Haynesworth will not be traded. Guess we'll see.

Ole Miss Texan
04-23-2010, 05:10 PM
I don't think this team is exactly in "win now" mode, you know, just a single player away from the Super Bowl, but add Haynesworth and a decent running back, and this team will be talked about as legit contenders for a title, IMO.

They way I see it is we added a starting CB that the staff really likes. The love Quin on the opposite side and Reeves is actually an above average #3 CB (not a 1 or 2.. but a 3 yes). Pollard is legit and Eugene Wilson is coming back. IF he is healthy, he's brings us good coverage over the top. No need to talk about our Linebackers. The best 1-2 combo in the league. Diles is playing really well, no upgrade needed b/c our WLB will always be a "2 down LB". Then we get to the DL and our pass rush. Mario Williams is awesome, Antonio Smith is a great addition and able to kick in the DT, enter Connor Barwin who I think led all rookie DE's last year in sacks. We have underperforming DT's in the pass rush department and adding Haynsworth would instantly make a positive impact - I would think for the 2010 season, he would be more impactful than any 2nd round or later DT we could get (including Houston, Atkins, etc).

Offense - Schaub is the guy leading us, our top WR's are set as are our TEs. We addressed interior OL with Wade Smith but could still look for improvement, IMO. Caldwell and Brisiel will battle for the RG spot. Brown/Winston have the T position on Lockdown. C or LG could use upgrade. RB - We all know what's needed. I say grab that RB (whoever they like best) in the 2nd round and we'll be fine with Rookie + Slaton + Foster. 4th round look for a guy that can come in and compete at LG like Beadles, Newhouse or Johnson?

If we can get a quality RB in the 2nd and trade our 3rd and 6th for Haynsworth, I think we'll be a huge contender next season.

Goldensilence
04-23-2010, 05:13 PM
I don't think Haynesworth likes or fits well into a 3-4 defense. I think if DC can get a decent pick out of him and maybe a player to supplement the move they'd do it.

As of right now to avoid paying a second for him I'd offer a 3rd and David Anderson.

Take best RB on the board at 51 then best G or C in the fourth then BPA. Call it a good draft.

Ole Miss Texan
04-23-2010, 05:17 PM
I don't think Haynesworth likes or fits well into a 3-4 defense. I think if DC can get a decent pick out of him and maybe a player to supplement the move they'd do it.

As of right now to avoid paying a second for him I'd offer a 3rd and David Anderson.

Take best RB on the board at 51 then best G or C in the fourth then BPA. Call it a good draft.

3rd and DA? That forces me to take Dexter McCluster in the 2nd, which I love! RB/slot WR. Take that C/G in the 4th and then grab Charles Scott RB LSU in the 5th. He's the 238lb train we want in the red zone and short yardage situations.

Mark it down, championship!

Texans34Life
04-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Father Shanny just said on NFL Network that Fat Albert won't be traded. I'll watch the draft to see his fat ass moved to the hated Titans.

TEXANS84
04-23-2010, 11:10 PM
Read profootballtalk.com
Texans are in the mix for Haynesworth along with Vikings.

El Tejano
04-23-2010, 11:29 PM
We got 6 picks in the next 4 rounds, and Shanny owes Kubiak for lil Shanny going to Redskins.

JB
04-23-2010, 11:34 PM
We got 6 picks in the next 4 rounds, and Shanny owes Kubiak for lil Shanny going to Redskins.

A 4th and A 5th or even two 4th's for Fat Al?... jump all over that!

The1ApplePie
04-23-2010, 11:35 PM

If we've got the hook-up, why not send Landry over instead?:handshake:

JB
04-23-2010, 11:38 PM
If we've got the hook-up, why not send Landry over instead?:handshake:

Cause Landry is best suited as a SS

Norg
05-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Rumor is rumbling again that haynes wants out of washington

Wouldnt u think the texans need a guy like this we got

AMobi & Shaun Cody from the 0-16 lions

dontcha think Haynes is much better then thoes 2

Ole Miss Texan
05-19-2010, 02:13 PM
So we'd have Haynesworth and Okoye as starters. Cody, Mitchell and Robinson as backups. And Antonio Smith kicking in on some passing downs as well. No doubt we'd have a nice rotation keeping them all fresh and going 100% on each play!

El Tejano
05-19-2010, 02:17 PM
It would also be another way to sweep the Brian Cushing/AJ talk under the rug.....

Second Honeymoon
05-19-2010, 03:21 PM
It would also be another way to sweep the Brian Cushing/AJ talk under the rug.....

AJ is bent because he gave them a team friendly deal so they would use the money to improve the team and he hasn't really seen much of an effort to do so. It may not be a popular view on this board but the Texans have not done everything they can to win in 2010. AJ doesn't look like he is happy either

getting Haynesworth makes sense. Flip the script andshow some willingness to spend some loot and improve

Ole Miss Texan
05-19-2010, 03:39 PM
AJ is bent because he gave them a team friendly deal so they would use the money to improve the team and he hasn't really seen much of an effort to do so. It may not be a popular view on this board but the Texans have not done everything they can to win in 2010. AJ doesn't look like he is happy either

getting Haynesworth makes sense. Flip the script andshow some willingness to spend some loot and improve

The last 2 years of his old contract were restructured for cap purposes. Yes that helped the team but it didn't hurt Andre. He actually received more cash in his pocket during 07/08 than he would have otherwise.

But yes, the Texans need to do everything they can to build this team into an elite team... and they need to win NOW. I'd be really sad if the Texans don't advance in the playoffs over the next 5 years. But I think I'd be just as devastated for Andre. If anyone DESERVES a championship, it's Andre Johnson.

Norg
06-16-2010, 06:11 PM
Seriously do u think getting Albert would gurantee a playoff run for this team

For one just him being here would triple marios and smiths sacks

kubes could just make one phone call and get haynesworth since he's cool with shanhann

I would want him starting over Cody or amobi no question about that

we will b playing alot of 3 4 teams this year let Albert take his anger out on all thoes NT

we play in the afc south Albert would want to come he and knows this divison

b0ng
06-16-2010, 06:14 PM
If he actually decided to play and not be a big gay baby he would.

That's a gigantic "IF".

michaelm
06-16-2010, 06:14 PM
Seriously do u think getting Albert would gurantee a playoff run for this team

For one just him being here would triple marios and smiths sacks

kubes could just make one phone call and get haynesworth since he's cool with shanhann

I would want him starting over Cody or amobi no question about that

we will b playing alot of 3 4 teams this year let Albert take his anger out on all thoes NT

we play in the afc south Albert would want to come he and knows this divison

Regardless of what I (and many others) think of the lowlife, it's all pointless. Fat Albert has about as much chance of wearing a Texans uni as I do... exactly zero.

False Start
06-16-2010, 06:23 PM
I just don't see Fat Albert in a Texans uni. It would be nice to have him on the line, and actually having the will to play, but I just don't think its happening.

m5kwatts
06-16-2010, 06:26 PM
Haynesworth doesn't belong anywhere near this Texans team and thank God for an owner like McNair for keeping bags of shit like Haynesworth off our roster. Haynesworth is the poster child for the kind of player you DON'T want on your team.

CloakNNNdagger
06-16-2010, 06:29 PM
I just don't see Fat Albert in a Texans uni. It would be nice to have him on the line, and actually having the will to play, but I just don't think its happening.

How can you possibly expect him to split his time and attention between playing and raping..............just not enough hours in the day.:mcnugget:

Brisco_County
06-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Albert's physicality is the exact key for this defense to optimize its pass rush, and his mentality is the exact reason we would never take him.

b0ng
06-16-2010, 06:46 PM
How can you possibly expect him to split his time and attention between playing and raping..............just not enough hours in the day.:mcnugget:
<Big Ben Joke> </Big Ben Joke>

Norg
06-16-2010, 08:28 PM
I don't care about his personality I think he would play hard for te texans ESP going aganist the titans

All I would care about his ability to distrupt the guards and center and create chaos up the middle

Think of how great it would be to finally get Peyton off his spot and moving around a bit or on his butt

gary
06-16-2010, 08:32 PM
I don't care about his personality I think he would play hard for te texans ESP going aganist the titans

All I would care about his ability to distrupt the guards and center and create chaos up the middle

Think of how great it would be to finally get Peyton off his spot and moving around a bit or on his butt
Do you know he'd do that though?

b0ng
06-16-2010, 09:37 PM

I have no faith whatsoever that Haynesworth would "play hard" for anybody. Dude has gotten paid and I don't think he really cares about proving himself anymore. On top of multiple rape cases and other assorted PR nightmares I can't imagine the FO paying a bunch of money for a malcontent like him.

Rey
06-16-2010, 09:42 PM

Are you saying we should play him at center?

J/K

It just made me LOL though...

JB
06-16-2010, 09:46 PM
Are you saying we should play him at center?

J/K

It just made me LOL though...

You obviously have not read enough of Norg's posts...

infantrycak
06-18-2010, 01:42 PM
"I mean, if you don't want to be there don't take the $21 million contract," Kevin Mawae told Bryan McGovern and Gil Brandt of Sirius NFL Radio. "How things turned out it's no surprise to guys that have played with him in Tennessee."

(Translation? "Turd.")

"You know, what do you say?" Mawae said, right after saying all that he needed to say. "I mean, you're getting paid a ton of money to play less and you're complaining about it. At the end of the day it's one thing to be a football player and get paid lots of money but there's a whole lot more to be said about being a man. . . . [H]e can be one of the best in the league and I've said that to him in his face before. But to this point he doesn't want to do it on a consistent basis."

From PFT.com.

So much for any thought of him returning to the Titans. But what the heck is the President of the players' association doing making statements like this? - even if completely true. In that role he needs to shut his trap.

Second Honeymoon
06-18-2010, 01:56 PM
Whoever trades for Haynesworth would get a player with something to prove

football wise, he makes sense for the texans
but his asshattery and pulling the deadbeat dad act make it unlikely at best

Detroit makes some sense or maybe Cincy/Oakland

infantrycak
06-18-2010, 07:42 PM
Whoever trades for Haynesworth would get a player with something to prove

football wise, he makes sense for the texans
but his asshattery and pulling the deadbeat dad act make it unlikely at best

Detroit makes some sense or maybe Cincy/Oakland

Oakland runs a 3-4 so no chance there. I'm surprised Washington doesn't try to mollify him by sticking him at 3-4 DE. He would have every bit as much of a chance to make sacks there as 4-3 DT.

JB
06-18-2010, 07:58 PM
Oakland runs a 3-4 so no chance there. I'm surprised Washington doesn't try to mollify him by sticking him at 3-4 DE. He would have every bit as much of a chance to make sacks there as 4-3 DT.

IIRC, early in the process of the fiasco, they did talk about moving him to the DE, at least some of the time.

3-4 DE's really do not get that many sacks. Their responsibilty becomes setting the edge more. At least, I do not remember seeing a 3-4 get big sack #'s, it's always the LB's.

infantrycak
06-18-2010, 08:08 PM
IIRC, early in the process of the fiasco, they did talk about moving him to the DE, at least some of the time.

3-4 DE's really do not get that many sacks. Their responsibilty becomes setting the edge more. At least, I do not remember seeing a 3-4 get big sack #'s, it's always the LB's.

Haynesworth has averaged 3.5 sacks per year over his career. True 3-4 DE's don't get as many sacks as 4-3 DE's but they get more than 3-4 NT's. Gary Walker went to the pro-bowl in 2002 as a 3-4 DE (formerly a 4-3 DT) with 6.5 sacks. Haynesworth has only topped that number in one year of his career.

JB
06-18-2010, 08:13 PM
Haynesworth has averaged 3.5 sacks per year over his career. True 3-4 DE's don't get as many sacks as 4-3 DE's but they get more than 3-4 NT's. Gary Walker went to the pro-bowl in 2002 as a 3-4 DE (formerly a 4-3 DT) with 6.5 sacks. Haynesworth has only topped that number in one year of his career.

Yeah, I know that. But I was talking from Fat Al's perspective. He believe's he won't get the same acclaim, or so he say's. Actually, I'm thinking he just doesn't like Shanny's way of doing things. MS is a disciplinarian, and AH is a lazy slob...

Kinda like me, but I'm not getting paid $100 mil.

infantrycak
06-18-2010, 08:28 PM
Yeah, I know that. But I was talking from Fat Al's perspective. He believe's he won't get the same acclaim, or so he say's. Actually, I'm thinking he just doesn't like Shanny's way of doing things. MS is a disciplinarian, and AH is a lazy slob...

Kinda like me, but I'm not getting paid $100 mil.

Thing is I kind of agree with Haynesworth on this one (not methods, just placement). I think putting him at 3-4 NT is stupid. He is a penetrator. If he had been properly sold the 3-4 DE gig they might have gotten their money out of him. He has some lateral pursuit agility to seal an edge in addition to the penetration he can get. I think the Skins mishandled this. That is in no way an endorsement of Fat Albert's behavior.

CloakNNNdagger
06-18-2010, 08:35 PM
Thing is I kind of agree with Haynesworth on this one (not methods, just placement). I think putting him at 3-4 NT is stupid. He is a penetrator. If he had been properly sold the 3-4 DE gig they might have gotten their money out of him. He has some lateral pursuit agility to seal an edge in addition to the penetration he can get. I think the Skins mishandled this. That is in no way an endorsement of Fat Albert's behavior.

I think Haynesworth on a 3-4 would sorely miss the help of the "distractors" that flanked him on either side of the 4-3.

And yes the Skin mishandled him.

JB
06-18-2010, 08:36 PM

Yeah, I can go along with that. He was signed as a 4-3 DT, and the highest rated in the league. He signed with Washington with certain expectations.

I do not agree with him at all on the way he is handling it, but I can see his viewpoint. And yes, Washington could have and should have handled it better.

Wolf
07-19-2010, 08:00 PM
Well, here's the latest on the ongoing Albert Haynesworth(notes) vs. the Washington Redskins saga: Haynesworth personal trainer Tripp Smith says that the defensive lineman has dropped 32 pounds since he started working out with Smith in April.

"Albert, he's the type of person that doesn't want to disappoint anybody, but he's very business-minded," Smith recently told Fredicksburg.com. "I think it has motivated him quite a bit, just seeing what his teammates are saying about him and seeing what everybody in the press is saying about him."

Haynesworth's teammates have expressed concern about his conditioning and how he looked winded during games.

Dropping 32 pounds from what weight is what we don't know — maybe Haynesworth was heading to IHOP every morning during his extended holdout and he now needs to get back to his playing weight of 340-350.

However, there's another theory making the rounds: that Haynesworth is dropping pounds from that playing weight in order to force the Redskins to play him outside at 3-4 end. At 310-320, he might be a less-appealing nose tackle, the position he clearly doesn't want to play. Lighter nose tackles like Jay Ratliff(notes) of the Dallas Cowboys play different gap schemes and have bigger ends around them.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Deep-Posts-The-Albert-Haynesworth-Diet-Plan?urn=nfl,256644

El Tejano
07-20-2010, 08:35 AM
As much as I think he's a crybaby, that's a pretty smart move on his part.

IDEXAN
07-29-2010, 01:37 PM
The defensive tackle, who skipped all of the Washington Redskins' offseason workouts prior to camp because he was unhappy with the team's switch in defensive schemes, failed his conditioning test Thursday, FoxSports.com reported.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5420094

El Tejano
07-29-2010, 01:45 PM
The defensive tackle, who skipped all of the Washington Redskins' offseason workouts prior to camp because he was unhappy with the team's switch in defensive schemes, failed his conditioning test Thursday, FoxSports.com reported.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5420094

So what does this mean now?

Dutchrudder
07-29-2010, 01:50 PM
So what does this mean now?

It means they will have to do what the Ravens did and reduce the standards until he can pass the test.

Rey
07-29-2010, 01:57 PM
If I were the Texans I'd go after Haynesworth.

Smith, Haynesworth, Amobi, Mario. That'd give the fans the size they want inside along with the quickness the coaches want.

Plus it should help Amobi out tremendously too. I could care less about his past...He'd be motivated to play.

IDEXAN
07-29-2010, 02:02 PM
It means they will have to do what the Ravens did and reduce the standards until he can pass the test.
You mean like they do for women in the military, the PDs, and the FDs ?
Oh wait, I should have put this in the NSZ.

drs23
07-29-2010, 02:12 PM

Smith, Haynesworth, Amobi, Mario. That'd give the fans the size they want inside along with the quickness the coaches want.

Plus it should help Amobi out tremendously too. I could care less about his past...He'd be motivated to play.

Are you serious? Nothing is going to motivate this turd. He's already got the cash. I wouldn't want this loser anywhere near my players.

Thorn
07-29-2010, 02:16 PM
Are you serious? Nothing is going to motivate this turd. He's already got the cash. I wouldn't want this loser anywhere near my players.

Hayneworth, just being who he is, will never be in a Texans uniform under the current administration. And that suits me fine as well.

CloakNNNdagger
07-29-2010, 05:13 PM
Haynesworth has the money, but Shanahan still has the power.

Haynesworth, Shanahan exchange words after failed conditioning test (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/29/haynesworth-shanahan-exchange-words-after-failed-conditioning-test/)

We've been very critical -- and rightfully so -- of Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, whose refusal to attempt to earn more than $30 million he has been paid by the team was punctuated by a decision not to show up for a mandatory minicamp.

But it's important to remember that Haynesworth isn't exactly beating up on a singing-impaired choir boy. Coach Mike Shanahan has, in our estimation, taken a few liberties with reality when it comes to the Haynesworth situation, and we're now beginning to believe that Shanahan intentionally gave Haynesworth a conditioning test that Shanahan knew he would fail.

Per a league source (and forgive me if someone else has reported this, but power is out at our undisclosed beach location and I'm trying to conserve the battery in my laptop and my Sprint mobile hot spot, which is performing incredibly well during an intense barrage of lightning), Haynesworth completed the assigned pair of 300-yard shuttle runs, but Shanahan then decided that he had too much rest between the two attempts, due to a bathroom break.

The source says that Shanahan told Haynesworth that he "needed to get in shape." Haynesworth then said that he couldn't have completed three 300-yard shuttle runs even in his Pro Bowl/All-Pro years.

Said Shanahan in response, "I guess you have never been in shape then." (It's unknown whether Shanahan then said, "Boom. Roasted.")

It's currently our understanding that Haynesworth was the only lineman required to pass the conditioning test. Though some may contend that those who participated in the offseason program earned an exemption, it's our understanding that the test is imposed to ensure that the player is ready to withstand the rigors of training camp. Just because the rest of the players participated in the offseason program, which concluded more than a month ago, doesn't mean they're still in shape. So all of them should have to pass it, or none of them should be expected to try.

CloakNNNdagger
07-29-2010, 05:24 PM
This is how the 300 yd shuttle is run. For most non-linemen, timing is around 60 seconds. For linemen, a pass is closer to 90 seconds. Had Fat Albert run the two 300 yarders in passing time, he would probably have looked more like this player...........at least, AFTER the run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRncMfIkcSU&feature=related

MightyTExan
07-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Haha, I love it! Don't mess with the leatherneck.

GP
07-29-2010, 07:12 PM
This is how the 300 yd shuttle is run. For most non-linemen, timing is around 60 seconds. For linemen, a pass is closer to 90 seconds. Had Fat Albert run the two 300 yarders in passing time, he would probably have looked more like this player...........at least, AFTER the run.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRncMfIkcSU&feature=related

That was 300 yards in 60 seconds, in that video you posted.

The guy in that video is somewhere between a jog and a sprint, not even really all-out sprinting.

Haynesworth was either doggin' it, to be a turd to the coach, or he was truly out of shape to the point that he couldn't do it. Which if he truly couldn't make it, then that's incredibly BAD. Horribly BAD.

I've read where one source says that if you make Haynesworth do it, you make all of the players do it. Well, considering the amount of money spent on Albert...I say that he easily should complete the 300 yards in 60 seconds if he's the player he was paid to be.

I have not seen a report that says how much time Albert had, though. Anybody find the time limit he had?

CloakNNNdagger
07-29-2010, 07:55 PM
That was 300 yards in 60 seconds, in that video you posted.

The guy in that video is somewhere between a jog and a sprint, not even really all-out sprinting.

Haynesworth was either doggin' it, to be a turd to the coach, or he was truly out of shape to the point that he couldn't do it. Which if he truly couldn't make it, then that's incredibly BAD. Horribly BAD.

I've read where one source says that if you make Haynesworth do it, you make all of the players do it. Well, considering the amount of money spent on Albert...I say that he easily should complete the 300 yards in 60 seconds if he's the player he was paid to be.

I have not seen a report that says how much time Albert had, though. Anybody find the time limit he had?

I haven't yet either. But I bet he spent more time on the pot than was allowed between the two 300 yd shuttles (5 min). But if you think about it, if you try to move a 350 lb turd, it would fall apart way before 300 yds. :bubbles:

CloakNNNdagger
07-29-2010, 08:13 PM
Just found this.

Haynesworth Will Attempt Test Friday (http://www.csnwashington.com/07/29/10/Source-Haynesworth-Fails-Part-Of-Test/landing_v3.html?blockID=279717&feedID=6458) (also watch video)

Redskins defensive lineman Albert Haynesworth will make a second attempt at passing the team’s conditioning test Friday morning, and must post an acceptable time before he is allowed to practice, adding another layer to an already rocky relationship between player and team.

Four hours before the first practice of training camp, Haynesworth did not perform the two 300-yard running sets to Mike Shanahan’s satisfaction. He did not watch practice – he ran 40 minutes on the treadmill – and only emerged from Redskin Park after the workout was complete. He went over terminology with defensive coordinator Jim Haslett and defensive line coach Jacob Burney for 20-25 minutes.

“We’ll test him every day to see if he can pass it, and if not, he’ll get some good cardiovascular endurance with our strength coach on the treadmill and field,” Shanahan said after the 75-minute practice.

Asked about Haynesworth’s condition, Haslett said: “Alright. Just alright. He’ll be alright in a couple of days.”

A league source said Shanahan was present for the test and said Haynesworth finished in enough time during the first two 300-yard sets. But the team felt he had taken the more-than-allowed five-minute break, so they made Haynesworth run a third time, which he failed to pass.

One Redskins player called the running test “brutal,” and said it consists of 50 yards up and back six times.

Shanahan dismissed the source’s intimation that he and Haynesworth ended the test with a disagreement about the latter’s physical condition.

“There were no [heated] words,” Shanahan said. “Albert was first class all the way and understands where I was coming from. He understands he has to be at a certain level to go on the field and practice with the rest of the football team. If he gets there, then he’ll be with us. If he doesn’t get there, then he won’t.”

Haynesworth was the only player that needed to perform and pass the test Thursday. Players knew at the start of the offseason if they attended a certain percentage of voluntary drills, they would not need to take the test when they reported for training camp. Shanahan said newcomer Jammal Brown – acquired after the final mini-camp – previously passed the test.

Shanahan called the drill “a basic conditioning test. We get a good idea if a guy is in shape. We put a lot of our linemen, offensive and defensive, through it. It’s a very fair test.”

Texan_Bill
07-29-2010, 08:18 PM
I so wish Fat Albert would've gotten his PHAT contract in Tennessee. As soon as he scored his payday, he turned to shit. But who didn't see that coming. :bender:

GP
07-30-2010, 10:41 AM
I heard he failed it again. Link to results... (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5422548)

ASHBURN, Va. -- Albert Haynesworth has failed his conditioning test for a second consecutive day and is being forced to sit out practice again at Washington Redskins training camp.

Haynesworth did not pass the test Friday morning, in a repeat of Thursday's result on Day 1 of camp.

Haynesworth boycotted the team's offseason workouts and minicamps because he is unhappy with the Redskins' switch to a 3-4 defense and wanted a trade.

When he finally returned to Redskins Park on Wednesday, he was told he would have to pass a conditioning test in order to take part in training camp and, even once he passed, would start off practicing with the reserves.

GP
07-30-2010, 10:41 AM
Still no word on how much time he is given to run the test.

Señor Stan
07-30-2010, 11:08 AM
Hey, hey, Haynesworth! It's Fat Albert
And I'm gonna sing a song for you
And then I’ll flunk a conditioning test or two
You'll have some fun now Shanny and the gang
Racking up suspensions while we do our thing
na, na, na Gonna have a big fine!
hey hey hey!
na, na, na someday gonna do time!
hey, hey, hey!

JB
07-30-2010, 11:39 AM
lol:

Blake
07-30-2010, 11:53 AM
Failed again. Check si or espn.com.

El Tejano
07-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Doing this, Albert is showing that he's been in condition because of the amount of weight he lossed.
He showed that he reported to camp.
Went on record to say that he and Shanahan are good.

All these things were done and said so that he can have an alibi for other teams when they want to know why he couldn't pass a physical and got cut by the Redskins.
He now can basically say 'look, I took care of myself while away from OTAs, I showed up on time.' They just gave me a ridiculous physical because they were mad at me'

CloakNNNdagger
07-30-2010, 12:20 PM
Watch the video on this page. LINK (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/albert-haynesworth/albert-haynesworth-apparently.html) It re-emphasizes that Shanahan has not released the terms of the test to this point.

TexasBoY25
07-30-2010, 12:33 PM
even with failed physicals i dont believe the Redskins will trade or release BIG Al

gtexan02
07-30-2010, 02:00 PM
First part of test is 70 seconds. 3.5 minute break. Then 73 seconds.

Haynesworth ran the first part yesterday under the minimum but then took a 10 minute poop. He had to redo the first part and failed

Today he ran a 71 second first try and failed

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5422548
ASHBURN, Va. -- Early Friday morning, the cones were lined up 25 yards apart on the field for Albert Haynesworth's conditioning test. He needed to complete the first part in 70 seconds or less to have a chance to pass.

He clocked 71.

The test consists of 300 yards of sprints -- called a "shuttle" -- back and forth 25 yards at a time. It has to be run twice, with only a 3½-minute break in between. The short break demonstrates that the player can recover quickly. Linemen have to run the first shuttle in 70 seconds, the second one in 73 seconds.

Haynesworth clocked 70 seconds on the first shuttle when he tried to pass the test on Friday -- but he then violated the test's rules by taking an extended potty break.

"He had to use the restroom," Wright said. "You get 3½ minutes. He was gone close to 10."

So Haynesworth had to start all over again and failed.

On Friday, his first shuttle took 71 seconds, so there was no need to run the second one. He'll try again Saturday.

"He's learning how to run it," Wright said. "There's a pace you have to have, a certain tempo each 25 yards, and I expect him to pass it pretty soon."

Shanahan called the drill a "very minimal test" that most of his players could do "in their sleep." He said he is confident Haynesworth will eventually pass.

GP
07-30-2010, 02:15 PM
First part of test is 70 seconds. 3.5 minute break. Then 73 seconds.

Haynesworth ran the first part yesterday under the minimum but then took a 10 minute poop. He had to redo the first part and failed

Today he ran a 71 second first try and failed

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/news/story?id=5422548

Beat me to it, by 13 minutes. :cool:

People need to see the pace the guy in Cloak's video took, and he completed it right at 60-seconds. I don't care how big you are, you're able to do this in 70 seconds. That's an extra 10 seconds.

He's either doggin' it, on purpose, to be a turd. Or he's extremely out of shape, and to the point that I think Shanahan DOES have a valid concern about him being able to play without d-y-i-n-g on the field.

The1ApplePie
07-30-2010, 03:31 PM
He's doing it to be an ass. By all accounts, he's in the best shape of his career.

GP
07-30-2010, 03:37 PM
He's doing it to be an ass. By all accounts, he's in the best shape of his career.

Surely not. You don't think he would dog it, get held out of full practice, and then magically be able to pass it once the fine was threatened?

Your allegations are an outrage. It's an outrage I didn't think of it foist! (rim shot)

Señor Stan
07-30-2010, 03:37 PM

Let's see a two and a half minutes worth of sprints or two and a half hours of practice....He's dogging it.

CloakNNNdagger
07-30-2010, 04:43 PM
How much longer can Mike Shanahan hold 'conditional' grudge against Albert Haynesworth? (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/07/how-much-longer-can-mike-shanahan-hold-conditional-grudge-against-albert-haynesworth/1)

Albert Haynesworth lashed out at Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan on Thursday evening, even before failing the team's conditioning test for a second straight day.

And with Haynesworth facing the prospect of taking the test for a third straight day on Saturday, there could be sentiment actually building in support of the man who teammates were openly criticizing last month.

The Washington Post reported that some Redskins players are suggesting that Shanahan is penalizing Haynesworth too much with the conditioning test. He is the only player subjected to the test, with Shanahan's reasoning being that the other players passed it during the offseason program that Haynesworth skipped.

On Thursday night, Haynesworth told NBC in Washington, "I'm tired of this B.S., I just want to get out on field and play football."

But he'll have to wait until at least Saturday, when Shanahan gives him the third opportunity to pass the test. Haynesworth worked out on a treadmill while his teammates practiced on Friday morning.

"He'll pass the test," Shanahan said. "He's just going to have to be in a little bit better shape. I don't know when he's going to pass it. But he's going to work extremely hard."

Redskins strength coach Ray Wright explained what Haynesworth has to do during the conditioning test on Friday:

"The test is two 300 yard shuttles. The first rep has to be in 70 seconds or better; you get three and a half minutes after, and then he has to run the second rep -- that position, O-line/D-line -- would have to run it in 73 seconds. 73 seconds for the second one, and that's the end of the test."

Redskins teammates and players around the NFL routinely criticized Haynesworth in June when he skipped minicamp less than three months after accepting a $21 million bonus. But he showed up about 30 pounds lighter to camp, and even by Shanahan's own admission is in decent shape.

The question now is how long Shanahan will press on making an example of the player he quarreled with for so much of the offseason.

-- Sean Leahy

The Pencil Neck
07-30-2010, 06:22 PM
I don't know how many people on here remember when Shanahan was the HC of the Raiders, but the big knock against him there was that he was a stickler with a bunch of rules that pissed people off (like no sitting on your helmet).

You didn't hear that many people bitching about it in Denver and you've got to wonder if that was just because he was successful.

It will be interesting to see how he fares and if he loses the team.

WWJD
07-30-2010, 06:26 PM
Ray Wright? Didn't he use to work for the Texans?

JB
07-30-2010, 06:30 PM
Ray Wright? Didn't he use to work for the Texans?

Last Year He was the S&C coach here.

The1ApplePie
07-30-2010, 06:31 PM
Let's see a two and a half minutes worth of sprints or two and a half hours of practice....He's dogging it.

Wish we had that policy when I had 2-a-days

WWJD
07-30-2010, 06:32 PM
Last Year He was the S&C coach here.

Thank you. That name did sound familiar.

CloakNNNdagger
07-31-2010, 06:33 PM
Fisher: Test Haynesworth failed twice with Redskins is the same one Titans use (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/albert-haynesworth/haynesworths-failed-conditioni.html)The Redskins have come under scrutiny this week because of the conditioning test Pro Bowler Albert Haynesworth has been required to pass in order to participate in practice. Haynesworth has failed in two attempts to complete two timed 300-yard shuttle runs, and Coach Mike Shanahan has remained firm.

Some in the media have suggested Shanahan simply is making an example of Haynesworth, who skipped all but one day of Shanahan's first offseason program. But the Tennessee Titans, Haynesworth's former employer, handle things similarly for players who fail to participate enough in their workouts.

"That's the test we do - the 300-yard shuttle with a recovery time and then another one," Titans Coach Jeff Fisher told reporters. "What we do is ... if you've made a minimum number of offseason workouts, then the test is modified.

"Those that have been here for at least eight offseason workouts, it's a 300-yard shuttle, [but] they will run 50-yard increments instead of 25-yard shuttles, so it's a little bit easier. The 25-yard, 300-yard shuttle is an appropriate test for what kind of shape you're in."

ubecool454
07-31-2010, 08:09 PM

Smith, Haynesworth, Okam, Mario. I still don't think Amobi will ever cut it.

JB
07-31-2010, 08:14 PM
Smith, Haynesworth, Okam, Mario. I still don't think Amobi will ever cut it.

From what I'm hearing, Okam may not survive the first cuts this year

ubecool454
07-31-2010, 08:17 PM
From what I'm hearing, Okam may not survive the first cuts this year

Okam really looked pretty good in preseason last year and I still think he is going to be better than Okoye if he can earn more time.

ubecool454
07-31-2010, 08:28 PM
I still hate that we passed on Revis for Okoye.

JB
07-31-2010, 08:28 PM
Okam really looked pretty good in preseason last year and I still think he is going to be better than Okoye if he can earn more time.

I'm hearing he looks fat & lazy so far. Tho it is only day 2 of TC. I would love for him to get some consistancy and dominate like he is capable of.

ubecool454
07-31-2010, 08:30 PM
I'm hearing he looks fat & lazy so far. Tho it is only day 2 of TC. I would love for him to get some consistancy and dominate like he is capable of.

Yeah, me too...that is a big body and I was hoping he could become our Albert Haynesworth...without the bad attitude.

CloakNNNdagger
08-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Haynesworth plans to rest knee another day (http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/haynesworth-plans-to-rest-knee.html)

Apparently, Albert Haynesworth needs another day off to rest his sore knee.

The Pro Bowl defensive lineman, who injured his knee while twice failing to pass a difficult conditioning test during the first two days of Redskins training camp, plans to sit out again today in hopes of passing Monday and being cleared to practice, two people familiar with the situation said early Sunday morning.

One source said, however, said that Haynesworth could change his mind and insist on being retested before Sunday's morning practice. But the source also described such a scenario as being unlikely.

Haynesworth's knee was swollen when he arrived at Redskins Park on Saturday, prompting team medical personnel to recommend treatment and rest before he again attempts to complete two, timed 300-yard shuttle runs. Coach Mike Shanahan, the Redskins' top football official, will not permit Haynesworth, who skipped all but one day of Shanahan's first offseason conditioning program, to practice until he passes the test.

Haynesworth,who team officials acknowledge dropped 35 pounds in the offseason, fared well in the first phase of his initial attempt Thursday, but needed a lavatory break and was unable to complete the test upon his return. He also ran well in stretches Friday, said Ray Wright, Washington's strength coach. Although the two-time all-pro has not been permitted to work on the field with his teammates, he has received individual tutoring each day from defensive coordinator Jim Haslett and defensive line coach Jacob Burney. Haynesworth is very far behind his teammates in learning Washington's new 3-4 scheme, so Haslett and Burney are doing what they can to help get him up to speed. Several team sources, however, say Haynesworth eventually must join in 11-on-11 drills if the team hopes to have him ready to start the season.

CloakNNNdagger
08-02-2010, 02:47 PM
This is almost turning comical.

Haynesworth passes on trying to pass conditioning test (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/02/haynesworth-passes-on-trying-to-pass-conditioning-test/)

It took him a few days, but Redskins defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth finally has figured it out.

If he can't practice until he passes a conditioning test, he should just pass on taking the conditioning test.

Sure, the issue was tied up with pride and ego for the first few days. But given that coach Mike Shanahan seems intent on rubbing a cleat into Haynesworth's forehead, Haynesworth should just say "screw it" and quit trying to show that he's capable of repeatedly doing something that no defensive linemen ever has to do in game, unless the ball lands in his tape-covered hands -- run 25 yards in a straight line.

For the third straight day, Haynesworth skipped the test due to his knee, which he supposedly injured while trying in vain to pass the test on Friday.

So in the end, Haynesworth gets his way, at least for now. He doesn't want to play in a 3-4 defense, and he won't have to.

It'll stay that way unless and until Shanahan blinks or Haynesworth somehow manages to haul his oversized caboose through a pair of 300-yard shuttle runs.

In other words, it'll stay that way for a while.

UPDATE: It turns out Haynesworth started the test, then stopped because of knee irritation.

gtexan02
08-02-2010, 03:47 PM
This news reporter almost passed the test on her first try, despite having no training, no practice, and not being a professional athlete. LOL

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/07/reports_attempt_haynesworths_c.html

The second guy on their passed quite easily, and he's in his upper 30s and is also a news reporter

Wow

Dutchrudder
08-02-2010, 04:06 PM
This news reporter almost passed the test on her first try, despite having no training, no practice, and not being a professional athlete. LOL

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2010/07/reports_attempt_haynesworths_c.html

The second guy on their passed quite easily, and he's in his upper 30s and is also a news reporter

Wow

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:UOgy_r-IE6bPOM:http://www.e-imagesite.com/Files2/sort%20of%20want%20bundy297579.jpg&t=1

badboy
08-02-2010, 04:46 PM
Imagine you are a doctor and the specialty you love and are excellent at is working with children with breathing problems. A hospital comes along and makes yuou an incredible offer to be a doctor for them and help kids. You agree and sign a multi year deal and then the hospital tells you that you are the new hemmorhoid doctor like it or not. A new CEO comes in your second year and says you have to run around the parking lot to make sure you can stand up in case the usual two hour operation becomes a ten hour one. Think you may have a complaint? I would and I don't even like Albert.

Texan_Bill
08-02-2010, 04:52 PM
I don't know how many people on here remember when Shanahan was the HC of the Raiders, but the big knock against him there was that he was a stickler with a bunch of rules that pissed people off

"You Dick!!!"

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4cclfrmzWyk/RX2wfEAqqUI/AAAAAAAAAAc/WPBPMqMLUcA/s320/DICK7.jpg

disaacks3
08-02-2010, 05:21 PM
Imagine you are a doctor and the specialty you love and are excellent at is working with children with breathing problems. A hospital comes along and makes yuou an incredible offer to be a doctor for them and help kids. You agree and sign a multi year deal and then the hospital tells you that you are the new hemmorhoid doctor like it or not. A new CEO comes in your second year and says you have to run around the parking lot to make sure you can stand up in case the usual two hour operation becomes a ten hour one. Think you may have a complaint? I would and I don't even like Albert. Sorry, but running up and down the field IS in his job description. That's irrespective of his position and ALL players have to pass it. If anything, he gets it easier than CBs, QB's WRs, etc. I'd hold a pity party for Fat Albert, but I don't think anyone could hear that tiny violin I'm playing for him. :violin

gg no re
08-02-2010, 08:23 PM
so we gonna pretend Kyle Shananan ain't influencing his pops to go on some street justice deal? :stirpot:

CloakNNNdagger
08-02-2010, 08:23 PM
Shanahan hints that Haynesworth could practice without passing conditioning test (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/02/shanahan-hints-that-haynesworth-could-practice-without-passing-conditioning-test/)

So with Redskins coach Mike Shanahan insisting that defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth pass a conditioning test before practicing with the team and Haynesworth unable to do so, the end result could be Haynesworth not practicing with the team, perhaps for the entire season.

And so either Haynesworth will have to pass the test, or Shanahan will have to remove the requirement that Haynesworth pass it.

On Monday, Shanahan hinted that Haynesworth may eventually be permitted to practice without passing the test.

Asked if there's a point at which Haynesworth would be put into pads without passing the test, Shanahan said, "Possibly. You'll just have to stick around."

Shanahan also used the term "football shape" a couple of times in talking about Haynesworth. And we think that term -- "football shape" -- would be used by Shanahan as a way around the conditioning test. If Shanahan decides based on observing Haynesworth that he's in "football shape," then Haynesworth will practice.

Either way, it's clear that Shanahan is getting sick of the extent to which the Haynesworth issue has dominated the early days of camp. Asked about other veteran players who may be out of shape as a result of the down time between the offseason program and training camp, Shanahan bristled.

"Enough about Albert," Shanahan said. "This is football in general. You work in the offseason, you are a pro. You come in here in shape and give yourself a chance to get better. We don't have to keep on referencing back to Albert Haynesworth. That's all football players in the National Football League. That's why you have an offseason program and OTAs."

Thus, in other words, this whole conditioning test thing isn't about being in shape. It's about not "being a pro" by not choosing to show up for workouts that, except for a three-day minicamp, are voluntary.

So Shanahan is punishing Haynesworth, in our assessment, for boycotting the offseason program. And when Shanahan believes Haynesworth has been punished enough, he'll be permitted to practice.

Meanwhile, Shanahan's approach is doing nothing to help get Haynesworth up to speed in the 3-4 defense, especially after he skipped the entire offseason program.

Likely, Fat Albert could be taking the test this time next year if the stop clock isn't "adjusted.":shades:

jaayteetx
08-02-2010, 09:27 PM

We did? Ouch, that sucks.

JB
08-02-2010, 09:51 PM

At the time of the 2007 Draft, Revis was not rated near as high as Okoye.

Brisco_County
08-03-2010, 01:17 AM
I'm not advocating or hoping for this-- I just see some of the right conditions falling into alignment that make it a possibility.

Shanahan is at the end of his rope with Haynesworth. He's $100 million deadweight, and isn't going to earn his pricetag if he's unmotivated to play in a 3-4.

Kubiak needs a huge pass rusher in the middle, and isn't going to get a high enough draft spot for that rare athlete anytime soon (those guys are gone by pick #15), which means he'll have to trade for him or get him in free agency.

In most years, you can't trade a $100 million bust because of lost cap room. But this is an uncapped year, and writing off your financial investment is worth it if you can get a trade done.

So what would Shanahan be willing to trade for? How about a DE/LB tweener who would excel at speed rushing from a 3-4? Connor Barwin comes to mind. He'd eat QB's alive in that system. Kubiak could throw in Deljuan Robinson to get Shanahan an NT or work out a three-way deal for one.

But who would be our "pass rushing specialist" if Barwin leaves? Aaron Schobel comes to mind.

You know that Kubiak and Shanahan have the kind of rapport where this idea has to at least have been kicked around.

So I'm mainly posting this to claim bragging rights in case this deal goes down, but I also want to hear your thoughts.

BullNation4Life
08-03-2010, 01:22 AM
I'm not advocating or hoping for this-- I just see some of the right conditions falling into alignment that make it a possibility. It's like a conspiracy theory, but with football, which makes it way less lame.

Shanahan is at the end of his rope with Haynesworth. He's $100 million deadweight, and isn't going to earn his pricetag if he's unmotivated to play in a 3-4.

Kubiak needs a huge pass rusher in the middle, and isn't going to get a high enough draft spot for that rare athlete anytime soon (those guys are gone by pick #15), which means he'll have to trade for him or get him in free agency.

In most years, you can't trade a $100 million bust because of lost cap room. But this is an uncapped year, and writing off your financial investment is worth it if you can get a trade done.

So what would Shanahan be willing to trade for? How about a DE/LB tweener who would excel at speed rushing from a 3-4? Connor Barwin comes to mind. He'd eat QB's alive in that system. Kubiak could throw in Deljuan Robinson to get Shanahan an NT or work out a three-way deal for one.

But who would be our "pass rushing specialist" if Barwin leaves? Aaron Schobel comes to mind.

You know that Kubiak and Shanahan have the kind of communication where this idea has to at least have been kicked around.

So I'm mainly posting this to claim bragging rights in case this deal goes down, but I also want to hear your thoughts.

NOooooooooooooo Hell to the no. This fat tub of quit did exactly what everyone said he would do, got his payday and is now mailing it in.

Brisco_County
08-03-2010, 01:28 AM
NOooooooooooooo Hell to the no. This fat tub of quit did exactly what everyone said he would do, got his payday and is now mailing it in.

The risk is low if Daniel Snyder knows he's going to take a bath on the Haynesworth contract and trade him low. We'd only lose Barwin and a depth player, but Barwin would be replaced by a veteran in Schobel.

dalemurphy
08-03-2010, 01:30 AM
I'm not advocating or hoping for this-- I just see some of the right conditions falling into alignment that make it a possibility.

You know that Kubiak and Shanahan have the kind of rapport where this idea has to at least have been kicked around.

Why don't you just go ahead and rip my soul right out of me?!

Brisco_County
08-03-2010, 01:33 AM
Why don't you just go ahead and rip my soul right out of me?!

Ha.

I still think Haynesworth wants to play football, but only when the conditions are right. The dice might be rolled if we get him cheap in an uncapped year.

BullNation4Life
08-03-2010, 01:36 AM
The risk is low if Daniel Snyder knows he's going to take a bath on the Haynesworth contract and trade him low. We'd only lose Barwin and a depth player, but Barwin would be replaced by a veteran in Schobel.

Not logical to trade a young talent like Barwin for a vet that has been injured numerous times and has already contemplated retirement. Barwin led all rookies last year with 4.5 sacks and played only half the snaps.

Would give a 5th for Fatso and nothing more....

BullNation4Life
08-03-2010, 01:38 AM
Ha.

I still think Haynesworth wants to play football, but only when the conditions are right. The dice might be rolled if we get him cheap in an uncapped year.

He did want to play football, he played his ass off....then he got paid and became a fat tub of quit...

TheDrifter
08-03-2010, 02:28 AM
The dude that makes the nachos at Reliant?

I wouldnt trade THAT guy for Haynesworth.

He's the Redskins/Snyders/Shanahans useless ball of fat. Im more than content with that.

Brisco_County
08-03-2010, 03:41 AM
Loving the Haynesworth hate. Such a shame he's a mental case, and that his best years were spent with the Titans. He could still be great if placed on the right team.

Texans_Chick
08-03-2010, 07:51 AM
Haynesworth has been the best 4-3 DT over the last few years. Even missing time last year, he was effective. And that Redskin defense wasn't bad.

And the Redskins are asking him to play in a 3-4? And some nose? I could see why he would be less than thrilled about that.

Nobody is right with that situation in Washington. Al for sitting out conditioning/minicamp. Shanahan for humiliating Al and making this a camp distraction.

steelbtexan
08-03-2010, 08:31 AM
At the time of the 2007 Draft, Revis was not rated near as high as Okoye.

By some, not me

I was actually with OMT and had Willis ranked higher than OkOye or Revis. Smithiak have a history of drafting need over BPA.

Sometimes they get lucky (MW,Cush) Sometimes they dont (D.Brown, OkOye). Lets hope they got lucky with Jackson and Tate.

steelbtexan
08-03-2010, 08:48 AM
Haynesworth has been the best 4-3 DT over the last few years. Even missing time last year, he was effective. And that Redskin defense wasn't bad.

And the Redskins are asking him to play in a 3-4? And some nose? I could see why he would be less than thrilled about that.

Nobody is right with that situation in Washington. Al for sitting out conditioning/minicamp. Shanahan for humiliating Al and making this a camp distraction.

This

I would trade for Al in a heartbeat. McNair wont, he doesn't like to pick up vets that may rock the boat of his little vanilla franchise.

It's also the reason that they wont trade for Schobel. Even though he would clearly be an upgrade over anybody that played DE last year including MW.

This is one of the reasons this team will finish 7-9,9-7 this year. IMHO (Can you say HB pass LOL)

HOU-TEX
08-03-2010, 10:46 AM
I like the way he plays the position....when he plays. He hasn't played a full season in entire his career. I understand it's hard staying healthy as a DT, but 7-8 years without a full season? For that kind of cabbage? I'll pass

Goldensilence
08-03-2010, 10:50 AM
By some, not me

I was actually with OMT and had Willis ranked higher than OkOye or Revis. Smithiak have a history of drafting need over BPA.

Sometimes they get lucky (MW,Cush) Sometimes they dont (D.Brown, OkOye). Lets hope they got lucky with Jackson and Tate.

I had Willis Higher as well.

In my dreams our LB corps looks like this Willis-Ryans-Cushing.

Blake
08-03-2010, 11:33 AM
At this point Haynesworth is dragging his feet. If you want me to believe that an athlete like HW cant pass a simple running test then you are more spupid than you look.

The Pencil Neck
08-03-2010, 12:13 PM
I had Willis Higher as well.

In my dreams our LB corps looks like this Willis-Ryans-Cushing.

Personally, Okoye wasn't even on my radar. I thought for sure he was gone before our pick and I didn't even look at him as an option. I was wanting Willis but there were several players at that spot that I would have been happy to have.

I was happy to get Okoye although like I said, he hadn't even been a blip on my radar prior to the actual draft.

The1ApplePie
08-03-2010, 02:47 PM
Personally, Okoye wasn't even on my radar. I thought for sure he was gone before our pick and I didn't even look at him as an option. I was wanting Willis but there were several players at that spot that I would have been happy to have.

I was happy to get Okoye although like I said, he hadn't even been a blip on my radar prior to the actual draft.

Kubes wanted Ginn, so it could have been worse.

Though, we might have taken Jaamal Anderson instead, who makes Okoye look like Warren Sapp

HOU-TEX
08-03-2010, 03:22 PM
Kubes wanted Ginn, so it could have been worse.

Though, we might have taken Jaamal Anderson instead, who makes Okoye look like Warren Sapp

That's false. Shefter made a comment that we were going to take Ginn. I like Shefter, but I think he was dead wrong when he said that.

gg no re
08-05-2010, 08:28 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/16355/albert-will-have-an-mri

HARRISBURG, Pa. -- The Beast mid-size rental car has made a pitstop at Starbucks to update the Albert Haynesworth situation. In the last hour, Washington Redskins coach Mike Shanahan has told reporters that Haynesworth will undergo an MRI to determine why he's experiencing so much soreness in the knee. Haynesworth was pretty aggressive in his work after practice, but he's apparently not ready to attempt the conditioning test at this point.

"We're giving him an MRI today because his knee has been a little bit sore, more sore than it has been in the past," Shanahan said. "In the past, every third or fourth day it'd be a little sore, according to the trainers. But now it's been a couple days consistently sore...We're going to MRI it, see if he's okay and then we'll go through the rehab work to get it stronger."

We've made a request to visit with Haynesworth on Friday, but I don't like our chances right now. This afternoon, Shanahan made it clear that he won't allow Haynesworth to miss a lot of practices during the regular-season. During the kinder, gentler era of Jim Zorn, Haynesworth did limited work during the week before showing up for games. Shanahan doesn't think that works in the NFL.

"If you take a look at last year how many games he played without practicing, we're going to make sure that he can practice so he can stay healthy and play at a very high level," said Shanahan. "I've got all the stats in there how many games he played where he didn't practice throughout the whole week. ... If you don't practice you're not going to play well. You've got to practice well to play well. That's what the NFL and football is all about.

"Every once in a while you might get a guy in there that practices a little bit and has a good game but if you don't practice consistently it's hard to play consistently. And that's what I'm after. I'm after him playing well for the whole season."

OK, we'll be arriving at Redskins Park in about two hours. Look forward to visiting with you later this evening.

gg no re
08-05-2010, 08:28 PM
FYI MRI results are in:

Albert Haynesworth has been diagnosed with a serious disease called Laziness. Further test will be proceeded to determine if money was the cause of this disease. Current professional athletes have been diagnosed with this recently, Jamarcus Russell of the NFL and Rashard Lewis of the NBA.

CloakNNNdagger
08-07-2010, 09:23 AM
Albert runs like the wind and finally passes his conditioning test, although he may have just used up his entire effort capacity for the year.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/early-lead/2010/08/albert_haynesworth_passes_reds.html

08-07-2010, 09:40 AM
Albert Haynesworth has been diagnosed with a serious disease called Laziness. Further test will be proceeded to determine if money was the cause of this disease. Current professional athletes have been diagnosed with this recently, Jamarcus Russell of the NFL and Rashard Lewis of the NBA.

...Rashard Lewis? and Jamarcus is no longer an NFL player... he was "diagnosed" a long time ago.

gg no re
08-07-2010, 12:10 PM
don't hate on Jamarcus, he's still an NFL player in my books

<<< ( ̄ー ̄)

CloakNNNdagger
08-08-2010, 04:32 PM
An unbiased and correct evaluation of the player.

http://o.onionstatic.com/images/articles/article/17856/Feature-Haynesworth-R_jpg_445x1000_upscale_q85.jpg

IDEXAN
08-23-2010, 10:26 AM
From everything I've read and heard the Texans quick but small DTs are not getting it done up front, and apparently that was most obvious Saturday against the Saints when they went up against their big & powerful guard combo of J.Evans & Carl Nicks. I hear it was embarassing the way the
Texans DTs were pushed around in that game by the Saints guards and a real concern for the upcoming regular season ?
Maybe it's time for McNair & the Texans to take what surely would be a big
chance and make a very controversial decision and try to work something out with Shanny for the big DT ? Some times you gotta take some real chances, make some real tough calls to reach your goal ?

MojoMan
08-23-2010, 10:29 AM
No.

b0ng
08-23-2010, 10:32 AM
No, he'll want way more money than he's worth.

IDEXAN
08-23-2010, 10:37 AM
No.
A player with the talent of Haynesworth at a critical position like DT can have a far bigger impact on the defense than say a player like Cushing or DeMeco at the LB position. For example a team like the Saints does not run the ball up the middle on us like they did Saturday with a player like AH in our DLine.
If we win 10 games with him and get into the playoffs but only 8 without him does your answer remain the same ?

kiwitexansfan
08-23-2010, 10:39 AM
Hahahaha, this is a joke thread right?

False Start
08-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Nope. Hes too lazy, and always has some type of hype and drama surrounding him....... he just needs to go back to the Cowboys and get it over with.

Texan_Bill
08-23-2010, 10:44 AM
Hahahaha, this is a joke thread right?

I certainly hope so... :specnatz:

HOU-TEX
08-23-2010, 10:45 AM
:facepalm:

MojoMan
08-23-2010, 10:52 AM
A player with the talent of Haynesworth at a critical position like DT can have a far bigger impact on the defense than say a player like Cushing or DeMeco at the LB position. For example a team like the Saints does not run the ball up the middle on us like they did Saturday with a player like AH in our DLine.
If we win 10 games with him and get into the playoffs but only 8 without him does your answer remain the same ?

His contract is absurd in the extreme. Also, his unwillingness to participate in the Redskin's offseason conditioning program - which he appears to need perhaps more than any other player in the NFL - is not indicative of the sort of attitude that is wanted on this Houston Texan's team.

Pass.

Texan_Bill
08-23-2010, 10:52 AM
:facepalm:

:facepalm: Seconded!

False Start
08-23-2010, 10:57 AM
:facepalm: Seconded!

Rosen-thirded.

http://a.imageshack.us/img186/1336/rp4.gif

Ole Miss Texan
08-23-2010, 10:58 AM
I considered it during the offseason, but not after his latest antics. He's lazy and uncooperative with the coaches. Kubiak and Kollar would never work with him. Especially now that he's past his prime, IMO.

Coach Kevin
08-23-2010, 11:00 AM
From everything I've read and heard the Texans quick but small DTs are not getting it done up front, and apparently that was most obvious Saturday against the Saints when they went up against their big & powerful guard combo of J.Evans & Carl Nicks. I hear it was embarassing the way the
Texans DTs were pushed around in that game by the Saints guards and a real concern for the upcoming regular season ?
Maybe it's time for McNair & the Texans to take what surely would be a big
chance and make a very controversial decision and try to work something out with Shanny for the big DT ? Some times you gotta take some real chances, make some real tough calls to reach your goal ?

I think yes, they say the real definition of insanity is to keep trying the same tactics over and over again and expecting different results different results. Just maybe it is time to try something different.

Mr teX
08-23-2010, 11:13 AM
Are you not paying attention to whats going on with him in Washington right now? Dude's a complete asswipe......In case you were wondering about my answer, it's a HELL NO..

steelbtexan
08-23-2010, 11:19 AM
McNair wont,

His attitude may stink but Big Al would be the best DT on this team immediately.

Snyder paid off the huge signing bonus. So as of now his contract is fairly cap friendly.

Given the choice between the DL stinking (Haynesworth) and the interior OL stinking I would trade a 1st rd pick next yr for all pro OG Mankins. Mankins is the OL version of Haynesworth and well worth a 1st rd pick and the new contract that goes with the trade. Mankins is also young 28yrs old I believe.

McNair wont do this either so get ready for some more 9-7,7-9 football.

Old time Oiler fans may remember after the Oilers traded for Campbell they then the same offseason traded for Leon Gray. Mauck Young and Gray helped pave the way for the Tyler Rose' greatness.

The point is you have to take some chances if you want to break out of the 9-7,7-9 range.

No on Haynesworth, Yes on Mankins. IMHO

steelbtexan
08-23-2010, 11:25 AM
I think yes, they say the real definition of insanity is to keep trying the same tactics over and over again and expecting different results different results. Just maybe it is time to try something different.

This

The only thing that changes in the Texans organization are the ticket prices.

Thanks Uncle BoB.

Uncle BoB, how about making this promise to the great fans of the Houston Texans, You will not raise ticket prices until your team makes the playoffs. That would be known as putting your money where your mouth is.

This will never happen.

Hervoyel
08-23-2010, 11:47 AM
damn you ron dayne!

TimeKiller
08-23-2010, 11:50 AM
After that saints game....anybody willing to rethink trading for fat Al?

Throw in Okam to cover that hole, a 4th or so and maybe David Anderson...If that's what it took, I'd do it. An unmotivated Fat Al is a better DT than anyone on the Texans roster for sure.

steelbtexan
08-23-2010, 12:19 PM
damn you ron dayne!

LOL

I've got to admit Smithiak hasn't had much luck. Spencer (leg) Dunta (Knee) set back the rebuilding plan by a yr. IMHO

Spencer's loss was huge. His injury forced the D.Brown 1st rd pick of D.Brown and greatly contributed to the poor play of the OL. IMHO

Just like the Dunta injury forced the K.Jackson pick. So those 2 injuries really set back the rebuild. But that is still no excuse they need to make the playoffs.

Ole Miss Texan
08-23-2010, 12:26 PM
After that saints game....anybody willing to rethink trading for fat Al?

Throw in Okam to cover that hole, a 4th or so and maybe David Anderson...If that's what it took, I'd do it. An unmotivated Fat Al is a better DT than anyone on the Texans roster for sure.

At this point, I wouldn't want Haynsworth if he was a free agent. I'd rather have Cody, Okoye, Mitchell, etc. than Fat Al's antics.

Second Honeymoon
08-23-2010, 02:32 PM
The Texans are not interested. Kubiak and Shanny's relationship makes this impossible.

The contract is great and makes sense football-wise but too many other things working against it. No chance

Ole Miss Texan
08-23-2010, 06:15 PM
The Texans are not interested. Kubiak and Shanny's relationship makes this impossible.

The contract is great and makes sense football-wise but too many other things working against it. No chance

If anything I would think their relationship would make it more possible?

JB
08-23-2010, 06:30 PM
If anything I would think their relationship would make it more possible?

If Shanahan doesn't want him, why would Kubiak and Smith? I don't think that Shanny would give him a good recommendation.

gary
08-23-2010, 06:40 PM
Let his uninspired cheseburger eating arse go play arena football or just join Ron Dayne and eat their hearts out. HELL NO.