PDA

View Full Version : Possibility: Haynesworth on trade block?

Pages : 1 [2]

WWJD
08-23-2010, 05:46 PM
I saw Albert on some sports highlight show this past weekend and he was dogging Coach Shanahan. That is simply a marriage that will not work. They will have to do something about him.

Goatcheese
08-23-2010, 05:48 PM
From everything I've read and heard the Texans quick but small DTs are not getting it done up front, and apparently that was most obvious Saturday against the Saints when they went up against their big & powerful guard combo of J.Evans & Carl Nicks. I hear it was embarassing the way the
Texans DTs were pushed around in that game by the Saints guards and a real concern for the upcoming regular season ?
Maybe it's time for McNair & the Texans to take what surely would be a big
chance and make a very controversial decision and try to work something out with Shanny for the big DT ? Some times you gotta take some real chances, make some real tough calls to reach your goal ?

The problem with the run defense Saturday wasn't so much the DT's getting blown up as it was poor tackling by the entire defense. They got their hands on guys at or behind the line of scrimmage a lot and just let them walk through the tackle.

That's not to say I don't want a big mauler in the middle who just says "you're not running through my lane," but I don't see Fat Al being that guy. He was much better last year than people wanted to credit him with, but this offseason/camp shenanigans have really given his already lackluster reputation a huge blackeye.

I would take him if they price was right, but can't see giving up anything really valuable for a guy who faked an injury to get out of a basic fitness test.

Ole Miss Texan
08-23-2010, 08:32 PM
If Shanahan doesn't want him, why would Kubiak and Smith? I don't think that Shanny would give him a good recommendation.

I gotcha, that makes sense. I was thinking more from the standpoint that if Kubiak and Smith wanted him bad enough, making a trade would be easier because of the relationship.

infantrycak
08-24-2010, 12:09 PM
If Shanahan doesn't want him, why would Kubiak and Smith? I don't think that Shanny would give him a good recommendation.

Thing is the underlying conflict is about scheme. Shanny has gone to a 3-4 and that is what is pissing off Albert. Albert would kill to play next to Mario. I think both Shanny and Kubiak would see that. Still don't think there is any chance it will happen mostly because I think Shanny sees this as a test of his resolution in taking over the team. But in football terms it doesn't make sense to have Albert as a 3-4 NT and it sure would to pair him next to Mario.

Rey
08-24-2010, 12:16 PM
I'd take Haynesworth in a heartbeat. I want to win. He gives us a better chance to win than Cody or Okoye...

And Honestly I think he'd show a little more motivation coming to play in 4-3 scheme next to Mario and able to play the Titans twice a yr...

How sweet would it be for Fat Albert to bust through the line repeatedly and land on top of VY or Chris Johnson...Maybe both at the same time...

ubecool454
08-24-2010, 04:04 PM
McNair wont,

His attitude may stink but Big Al would be the best DT on this team immediately.

Snyder paid off the huge signing bonus. So as of now his contract is fairly cap friendly.

Given the choice between the DL stinking (Haynesworth) and the interior OL stinking I would trade a 1st rd pick next yr for all pro OG Mankins. Mankins is the OL version of Haynesworth and well worth a 1st rd pick and the new contract that goes with the trade. Mankins is also young 28yrs old I believe.

McNair wont do this either so get ready for some more 9-7,7-9 football.

Old time Oiler fans may remember after the Oilers traded for Campbell they then the same offseason traded for Leon Gray. Mauck Young and Gray helped pave the way for the Tyler Rose' greatness.

The point is you have to take some chances if you want to break out of the 9-7,7-9 range.

No on Haynesworth, Yes on Mankins. IMHO

No to Mankins yes to Haynesworth. Haynesworth would bring a needed nasty streak that this team needs on the D line.

ubecool454
08-24-2010, 04:06 PM
At this point, I wouldn't want Haynsworth if he was a free agent. I'd rather have Cody, Okoye, Mitchell, etc. than Fat Al's antics.

I think you love to lose....

ChampionTexan
08-24-2010, 04:42 PM
Thing is the underlying conflict is about scheme. Shanny has gone to a 3-4 and that is what is pissing off Albert. Albert would kill to play next to Mario. I think both Shanny and Kubiak would see that. Still don't think there is any chance it will happen mostly because I think Shanny sees this as a test of his resolution in taking over the team. But in football terms it doesn't make sense to have Albert as a 3-4 NT and it sure would to pair him next to Mario.

Albert's pretty much come around as to the scheme.

LINK (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/08/albert-haynesworth-on-redskins-3-4-defense-i-like-it--its-going-to-be-a-good-defense/1)

He might be lieing about liking the scheme now, but since I don't see anything else he's doing to make-nice with the Redskins, I don't see why this would be the glaring exeption.

Basically, I believe Shanahan thinks Albert is a fat slob who's taken it easy in the past, who's tried to challenge his authority, and who's putting himself ahead of the team.

Albert's grown used to being treated like a king, and getting away with stuff, and doesn't like being called on it.

It appears to be a high-stakes game of chicken. I think Albert's got the leverage as long as he continues to be where he's supposed to be and gives the appearance of doing (or trying to do) what he's supposed to do. May not be fair, may not be right, but I think that's the way it is.

Wolf
08-25-2010, 09:00 PM
nfl replay on nfl network has redskins right now..start of 3rd quarter

wow Haynesworth is lollygagging

Grams
08-25-2010, 09:08 PM
nfl replay on nfl network has redskins right now..start of 3rd quarter

wow Haynesworth is lollygagging

He is always lollygagging unless it is a contract year.

Hervoyel
08-25-2010, 09:52 PM
The problem with the run defense Saturday wasn't so much the DT's getting blown up as it was poor tackling by the entire defense. They got their hands on guys at or behind the line of scrimmage a lot and just let them walk through the tackle.

That's not to say I don't want a big mauler in the middle who just says "you're not running through my lane," but I don't see Fat Al being that guy. He was much better last year than people wanted to credit him with, but this offseason/camp shenanigans have really given his already lackluster reputation a huge blackeye.

I would take him if they price was right, but can't see giving up anything really valuable for a guy who faked an injury to get out of a basic fitness test.

This. I get the feeling that if Fat Albert in his prime had been there Saturday he'd have had Saints slipping through his fingers all night just like everybody else wearing a Texans uniform. We can stop the run. We've all seen the Texans stop the run. When we don't play the way we're capable this happens.

Wolf
09-04-2010, 11:25 AM
Washington Redskins DL Albert Haynesworth played 49 of 55 snaps in the team's final preseason game and head coach Mike Shanahan said it was because Haynesworth is still not in football shape, reports The Associated Press. "He's got to get in football shape," Shanahan said. "For the same reasons we've talked about. We got to get him some playing time so he can get back in football shape. I got to take a look at the film to tell you exactly how he played, but that's one of the reasons he's playing defensive end and nose tackle positions." Haynesworth was playing well into the fourth quarter in the game, alongside third-string players and others that had no hope of making Washington's final roster.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0yZwWIdnl

Txn_in_Oki
09-04-2010, 12:14 PM
Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0yZwWIdnl

While he may not be in football shape, it can be argued that he IS in the shape of a football.

CloakNNNdagger
09-04-2010, 08:11 PM
Redskins anonymously rip Albert Haynesworth's effort (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/04/redskins-anonymously-rip-albert-haynesworths-effort/)

After playing almost all of the Redskins' final preseason game, defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth declined to talk to reporters about his role on the team heading into the regular season.

But while Haynesworth isn't talking, a few members of the Redskins organization have anonymously ripped Haynesworth in interviews with Jason Reid of the Washington Post.

Reid quoted two of the team sources who recently reviewed game film as saying Haynesworth was "awful" during Thursday's game. The sources told Reid that Haynesworth didn't look like he was playing hard most of the time, and when he was playing hard, he was doing his own thing rather than playing the role he's supposed to play in the Redskins' defense.

And according to "three people familiar with the situation," Haynesworth's performance was bad enough that it could affect his status for the Redskins' Week One game against the Cowboys.

Reid also reported that Redskins coach Mike Shanahan has lost his patience with Haynesworth, and that Haynesworth didn't do much of anything in today's practice.

Of course, if Haynesworth is playing as badly as these anonymous Redskins sources say he is, the Redskins are free to cut him. They haven't done that, so Shanahan obviously still thinks Haynesworth is one of his 53 best players, even if his staff is ripping Haynesworth under cover of anonymity.

As to the larger issue of Haynesworth and his role on the Redskins, it's clear that this is not a healthy relationship. It might feel good to some in the Redskins organization to anonymously vent their feelings to a reporter, but if the Redskins are going to keep Haynesworth on the roster, it may be time for them to accept him as a member of the team, and stop taking every opportunity to trash him.

Txn_in_Oki
09-05-2010, 03:01 AM
Can a team sue for breacch of contract or aything like that? Failure to perform? Anything? It's getting a bit ridiculous at this point.

Brandon420tx
09-05-2010, 06:12 AM
Can Haynesworth sue the team?

I've never liked the guys but they seem to be treating him pretty harshly over there

CloakNNNdagger
09-05-2010, 08:03 AM
Can Haynesworth sue the team?

I've never liked the guys but they seem to be treating him pretty harshly over there

The Players Association has negotiated many rules for "protection" of their members and the ability for their players to receive huge contracts with large amounts of guaranteed money. On the other hand, the coaches are not limited to giving the players the choice of when or how they are going to be used on the field. Just as in real life today, job descriptions can change by the needs of an entity's needs.

HJam72
09-05-2010, 08:05 AM
Yes, these days the entities needs even have needs....and they are entitled.

Thorn
09-05-2010, 08:12 AM
While he may not be in football shape, it can be argued that he IS in the shape of a football.

:lol:

IDEXAN
09-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Exhausted by the distraction and lack of effort from Albert Haynesworth, the Washington Redskins have once again gauged trade interest in the defensive tackle from his former team, the Tennessee Titans, according to team sources.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5542035

CloakNNNdagger
09-07-2010, 08:44 AM
Exhausted by the distraction and lack of effort from Albert Haynesworth, the Washington Redskins have once again gauged trade interest in the defensive tackle from his former team, the Tennessee Titans, according to team sources.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5542035

If Fat Albert agrees to trade to the Titans, it will be with another healthy boost to his bank account on top of the monies he has already stolen.

toronto
09-07-2010, 10:04 AM
If Fat Albert agrees to trade to the Titans, it will be with another healthy boost to his bank account on top of the monies he has already stolen.

The only way Fisher takes him back is if the 'Skins foot part of that contract, period. And even then, I'm not sure the Titans even want him back anymore. Fisher and Shanahan are old school guys that likely speak on many NFL issues - I have no doubt Al has come up in conversation and its gone something like this...

Shanahan "I can't believe my owner wasted 100M on this POS.

Fisher "Why do you think we didn't give an extension?"

Shanahan "Want him back? I'll take a mid round pick or two."

Fisher "I'm no rookie Mike. He's all yours."

Then yesterday

Shanahan "Hey Jeff, want him?"

Fisher "Only if you pay me."

Rey
09-07-2010, 11:11 AM
I heard about this rumor.

I wouldn't really like it if Fat Al went back to the Tits. I'd rather we pick him up or he just stays out of the division altogether.

4Texans
09-07-2010, 12:32 PM
I don't blame the shanny for wanting to trade him, but I really don't want to see him go back to the Titans. albert may feel motivated to play, and start throwing his weight around again. He is a load for our OL.

TimeKiller
09-07-2010, 12:39 PM
I'd still do it. I'd pay up enough of the salary to make Washington say yes, regardless of what pick(s) they wanted, then offer up like 6th or a 5th. Then I'd pony up the money to force Schobel to play. Mario - Fat Al - Smith - Schobel teh HURRRRLLLLZZZZ!!!! THAT is a line that will eat Peyton's lunch. The freak, two mean shit talking bastards up the middle, the veteran pass rusher. Even if Schobel doesn't recognize the opportunity Mario - Fat Al - Smith/Okoye - Barwin/Smith is still a crazy line

El Tejano
09-07-2010, 12:41 PM
I don't blame the shanny for wanting to trade him, but I really don't want to see him go back to the Titans. albert may feel motivated to play, and start throwing his weight around again. He is a load for our OL.

If we took Matt Lienart, we should be able to take Haynesworth.

Dread-Head
09-07-2010, 12:44 PM
What whoever can afford to FEED him can have him? :thisbig: OHHHHH! Thank you ladies and gents you've been great! Don't forget to tip your waitresses! Drive safely GOODNIGHT!

Norg
09-07-2010, 12:58 PM
i still think we should get him for the type of teams we are playing this year alot of Big nasty O lines

Jackie Chiles
09-07-2010, 01:25 PM
With our luck the Skins trade him post week two and we wind up facing him 3 times this season. I'm hoping he sucks as bad as Shanahan says but I have serious doubts.

CloakNNNdagger
09-07-2010, 01:51 PM
The Titans definitely would welcome back Haynesworth, a team source said, but maintained that the Redskins' asking price was still too high. The Redskins are believed to want at least two draft picks for Haynesworth.

LINK (http://sports.espn.g...tory?id=5542035)

CloakNNNdagger
09-07-2010, 01:53 PM
After all these years, I just realized what AH refers to.:texflag:

CloakNNNdagger
09-07-2010, 07:22 PM
Rotoworld reports:

Albert Haynesworth: Redskins GM denies shopping Haynesworth
Sep. 7 - 7:40 pm et

GM Bruce Allen insisted Tuesday evening that the Redskins are not trying to trade Albert Haynesworth.

Allen added that the team's stance is unchanged, despite a flurry of reports to the contrary. The Titans are in full posturing mode as well, with coach Jeff Fisher suggesting on his radio show Tuesday that Tennessee would "listen" if the 'Skins wanted to get rid of Haynesworth. Allen is trying to recoup as much value as possible after handing Haynesworth a $21 million bonus check six months ago. The Titans reliaze that they pretty much have Allen over a barrel here. Sep. 7 - 7:40 pm et

Source: Rick Maese on Twitter

PapaL
09-07-2010, 07:27 PM
We should listen too...