PDA

View Full Version : Possibilities of Redskins game being on National TV?

No More 8-8's
04-05-2010, 12:53 PM
With the recent addition of Donavon McNabb to the Redskins, does this improve our chances of us playing a National TV game against them this season?

I know that their was a story line already with Kubiak going against his former mentor, but I have to think the addition of another superstar has improved our chances.

What do you think? Or would you care to see another game be televised instead( with the exception of the Cowboys game, thats a given) ?

El Tejano
04-05-2010, 12:55 PM
Good question. Now I have one of my own. My wife's uncle who gets season tickets, said that all season ticket holders who have subscribed to the email list got an email from the front office saying that Bob Mcnair has petitioned for the Texans to play Dallas on MNF. Is this true? He's typically full of crap and I want to make sure.

To answer your question, yes I think it really does.

Brando
04-05-2010, 01:00 PM
I would like to see the Eagles game on national tv because of local ties with Kevin Kolb.

Allstar
04-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Doubt it has much of an effect at all. I'd say this only increases Washington's chance of a national game with the Eagles or at least within their division.

TexCanada
04-05-2010, 01:48 PM
Doubt it has much of an effect at all. I'd say this only increases Washington's chance of a national game with the Eagles or at least within their division.

Agreed. I think this decreases the chances of a Texans-Skins game on national TV simply because it increases the chances of the Skins playing the Eagles on national TV.

Section516
04-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Depending on the records of the two teams, and the date of the game, it could be flexed into a sunday nighter..I think?

IDEXAN
04-05-2010, 01:55 PM
They've delayed the publication of the 2010 NfL schedules, right ? So does
anybody have any word on when they now expect to release them ?

houstonspartan
04-05-2010, 01:56 PM
Good question. Now I have one of my own. My wife's uncle who gets season tickets, said that all season ticket holders who have subscribed to the email list got an email from the front office saying that Bob Mcnair has petitioned for the Texans to play Dallas on MNF. Is this true? He's typically full of crap and I want to make sure.

To answer your question, yes I think it really does.

I'm a season ticket holder and I haven't recieved an email about that at this point.

Regardless, I don't think McNair would have to do a lot of lobbying. I think the Cowboy game will either be a Sunday night or Monday night game. The Cowboys usually get a lot of high profile games each year, so it's likely we'll be playing them at night.

El Tejano
04-05-2010, 02:03 PM
It all depends on what Brett Favre wants to do.

RTP2110
04-05-2010, 03:19 PM
They've delayed the publication of the 2010 NfL schedules, right ? So does
anybody have any word on when they now expect to release them ?

Apr 13th per ESPN TV listings.

Second Honeymoon
04-05-2010, 05:33 PM
It improves the chances but still a longshot

I'll go ahead and predict the Cowboys as SNF and TnT as MNF maybe Thurs

ObsiWan
04-05-2010, 06:41 PM
A Redskins/Texans game had some interesting storylines already.
- Both head coach's ties to Denver - Mentor/Shanny Sr. & Student/GK
- The Student gives the Mentor's kid a shot to break into the big time as an OC
- Mentor's kid helps our offense develop from a disaster with HWWNBN under center into a top five passing squad with a former Vick backup running the show.
- After being "legitimized" as a real OC under the Student; Junior can go work for dad with minimal cries from the D.C. fanbase this being a pure nepotism hire.
- Last time Student faced Mentor, Mentor got spanked on a night game telecast. Revenge factor at work?

the only thing McFive brings to the discussion is....
- New D.C. starter (McFive) helped groom former Houston Cougar so well he made himself expendable. (okay that's reaching but the talking heads have got 3+ hours to fill)

probably enough to get us in the discussion for a flex game, that's about it IMHO.

houstonspartan
04-05-2010, 07:36 PM
It improves the chances but still a longshot

I'll go ahead and predict the Cowboys as SNF and TnT as MNF maybe Thurs

That is exactly what I am predicting as well. We WILL be playing Dallas at night, likely on a Sunday.

Allstar
04-05-2010, 07:37 PM
I'd say Washington gets night games against the Eagles in Philly and the Broncos in Denver, if they get any at all. Kubiak vs Shanahan lost legs when Shanny left Denver.

EDIT: they don't play Denver, Doh!

houstonspartan
04-05-2010, 07:41 PM
I'd say Washington gets night games against the Eagles in Philly and the Broncos in Denver, if they get any at all. Kubiak vs Shanahan lost legs when Shanny left Denver.

Hmm. Perhaps, but, Kubiak hired and trained Shanny Jr. Kubes gave him his start, just as Shanny Sr. gave Kubes his start.

Regardless, I don't think Houston-Washington is seen nationally as a major matchup, unless both teams come out hte gate blazing and they get flex-scheduled.

Allstar
04-05-2010, 08:12 PM
Hmm. Perhaps, but, Kubiak hired and trained Shanny Jr. Kubes gave him his start, just as Shanny Sr. gave Kubes his start.

Regardless, I don't think Houston-Washington is seen nationally as a major matchup, unless both teams come out hte gate blazing and they get flex-scheduled.

I agree. Washington was god-awful last year and it will probably take more than McNabb to fix them, so I don't know if the NFL will be willing to take a chance on them nationally, although if I had to guess, McNabb would at least get them one game. And there's no way they'd put the Texans game on before they put the Philly game on.

Second Honeymoon
04-06-2010, 12:08 PM
I agree. Washington was god-awful last year and it will probably take more than McNabb to fix them, so I don't know if the NFL will be willing to take a chance on them nationally, although if I had to guess, McNabb would at least get them one game. And there's no way they'd put the Texans game on before they put the Philly game on.

Skins always seem to get at least two even when they are bad. Both skins v eagles will get sone consideration then you have the obligatory cowboys matchup then the giants

the skins are about to add a Top5 draft pick too

it sucks but they are a NFC glamour team especially now

El Tejano
04-06-2010, 12:18 PM
I don't know but it's about time we beat Washington. I'm tired of losing to those guys. Enough is enough.

GuerillaBlack
04-06-2010, 01:15 PM
That is exactly what I am predicting as well. We WILL be playing Dallas at night, likely on a Sunday.

Same. I think we'll have three this year. Dallas on SNF, home against the Titans on MNF, and at Indy on MNF. Maybe the Jets game on Thanksgiving, too. Washington could either be flex-scheduled, or more likely, a late game.

DocBar
04-07-2010, 09:07 PM
I would like to see the Eagles game on national tv because of local ties with Kevin Kolb.

I want to see all 16 Texans games nationally televised.

And for Brando, the glass is neither half full or half empty. It was engineered to be twice the size needed. LOL