PDA

View Full Version : Alex Brown from Chicago to be reportedly released today - Adam Schefter

Second Honeymoon
04-01-2010, 01:34 PM
This couldn't be an April Fool's Joke, right?

per Schefter's twitter, he said the Bears have told Brown he will be released today.

Brown is a damn good pass rusher and is very crafty. Maybe he could teach Mario a few moves and improve our defense in the process.

C'mon Texans. Sign this guy. He brings the heat.

i can't believe the Bears released him but I guess he wanted an extension especially after Peppers monster deal.

El Tejano
04-01-2010, 01:38 PM
I saw on KFFL.com that he sent out a Twitter saying thanks to all the Chicago Bear fans.

I imagine he would be put in alot of trouble with the FO if he sent out info like that as an April fool's joke. That joke would cause for lots of calls to be answered and potentially cost the organization money. I think it is true, but I also fell for the TO joke.

I wouldn't mind having him. Smith would just have to move inside.

Bears | A. Brown tweets farewell to team and fans
Comment (0)
Wed, 31 Mar 2010 19:49:31 -0700

ESPNChicago.com reports Chicago Bears DE Alex Brown thanked the organization and fans on his Twitter account Tuesday, March 30. Brown tweeted, "I am extremely grateful for my time as a Chicago Bear and I wish the Bears the best. I am glad that they gave me an opportunity to realize a dream I had as a child. I appreciate the fans but as we all know this is the nature of the business. Bear down!"

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/NFL?page=1#ixzz0js9HA7tw

pbat488
04-01-2010, 05:28 PM
This guys gonna get a lot of action out on the market, gonna be fairly expensive to get his services IMO.

bckey
04-02-2010, 08:03 AM
I'm sure this is because of the Julius Peppers signing like Second Honeymoon mentioned.

bah007
04-02-2010, 11:08 AM
You had to know somebody was leaving after they shelled out a fortune for Peppers.

Errant Hothy
04-07-2010, 04:52 PM
He's a Saint

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/07/alex-brown-joins-the-saints/