PDA

View Full Version : Thought we might like to see this!

El Tejano
03-30-2010, 08:49 AM
Texans | Matt Schaub happy with start of offseason program
Comment (0)
Mon, 29 Mar 2010 18:39:51 -0700

Houston Texans QB Matt Schaub was pleased with the way the team kicked off the start of their offseason workout program Monday, March 29, reports Nick Scurfield, of HoustonTexans.com. "All the guys are on board, and we're ready to go out to work and get better," Schaub said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Texans | Arian Foster looking to build on late-season success
Comment (0)
Mon, 29 Mar 2010 18:39:15 -0700

Houston Texans RB Arian Foster said he has been working out since the 2009 season concluded, according to Nick Scurfield, of HoustonTexans.com. "I took a little bit of a break, but I plan on doing big things this year, so I've been working like it," Foster noted. Foster rushed for 216 yards and three touchdowns during the team's final two regular season games. On a side note, he changed his jersey number from 37 to 23 during the offseason.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0jfByz8b3

Something tells me that Foster is going to show off this year. Remember how Steve Slaton was asked about the competition in camp last camp? The first thing he said was Arian Foster looks to be the real deal.

BigBull17
03-30-2010, 08:55 AM
Foster changing to 23 ruins my draft Patrick Robinson and give him 23 idea. Would let me save on buying a new jersey. Bastards.

lostboy
03-30-2010, 09:10 AM
I know he can run, but didn't notice it last year in his limited play... But can this #23 catch a ball thrown in his direction? :fingergun:

El Tejano
03-30-2010, 09:12 AM
I know he can run, but didn't notice it last year in his limited play... But can this #23 catch a ball thrown in his direction? :fingergun:

I thought he caught some good passes last year.

Section516
03-30-2010, 09:43 AM
I specifically remember him catching some passes for good gains, and getting out of bounds in clock-tight situations.

Big Lou
03-30-2010, 10:12 AM
Foster changing to 23 ruins my draft Patrick Robinson and give him 23 idea. Would let me save on buying a new jersey. Bastards.

Sorry BigBull17, but there's only one thing left to do to that jersey now:

BURN IT!!!!!!!!

Hoss
03-30-2010, 10:24 AM
Foster was a beast toward the end of the season!

drs23
03-30-2010, 10:27 AM
I took some time last night to watch a few of the clips. I really liked the upbeat, can't wait to go feeling I got from seeing them. I've got to agree that I think Foster has mojo and will produce. Can't wait to see it! I think he'll pick up right where he left off. I think his hard work is going to pay dividends big time. He was really upbeat.

MS showed that he's the leader and wants to be the man.

GO TEXANS!

HOU-TEX
03-30-2010, 10:36 AM
Foster was a beast toward the end of the season!

So was Chris Taylor a couple years ago.

BigBull17
03-30-2010, 11:04 AM

For the sake of argument, I'll say the games Foster ran well in ment a little more and were aginst a better team. I still wouldnt depend on him as the guy going into next year, just making an argument for him.

BigBull17
03-30-2010, 11:07 AM
Sorry BigBull17, but there's only one thing left to do to that jersey now:

BURN IT!!!!!!!!

You may be right. May clean my dog with it first. nah, I don't want my dog to want a contract extension and miss training camp, then drop the frisbee when it's thrown right to him.

GP
03-30-2010, 11:08 AM
we should just cut all running backs. Use those roster spots and money on extra QB and WRs.

Pass on every down.

Because I'm seriously depressed about this team's inability to find a consistent producer, year-by-year, in the running game.

Let's just stop the insanity and go ahead and pass on every down.

GP
03-30-2010, 11:10 AM
BTW, on Thursday...we will be in the month of April.

And that means only a few weeks until the draft.

We're almost home. Almost there. Of course, then there's the amazingly long wait between the draft and actual camps/pre-season. Ugggh.....

El Tejano
03-30-2010, 11:15 AM

I hear what you are saying, but like someonelse said in this post, Foster did little things correctly like catching passes and running out of bounds to preserve the clock in crucial 2min situations. He seems to be more knowledgable than what Chris Taylor was. He also did a better job of pass blocking too. Plus he still got some of those yards against teams that had good defenses that still needed a win (Miami).

da Bull
03-30-2010, 01:18 PM
A number of folks have been advocating drafting Hardesty as a 2-3 round choice if not Matthews in the 1st. Did he not play behind Foster at Tennessee?

So, it might appear that Foster may be a bit better than he has been given credit for. If so, then maybe running back isn't as big a need in the draft as we all would tend to think. Foster's played in NFL games and these other cats haven't.....just, sayin'.

badboy
03-30-2010, 01:21 PM
I know he can run, but didn't notice it last year in his limited play... But can this #23 catch a ball thrown in his direction? :fingergun:Could Earl Campbell?

badboy
03-30-2010, 01:24 PM
You may be right. May clean my dog with it first. nah, I don't want my dog to want a contract extension and miss training camp, then drop the frisbee when it's thrown right to him.Now that's funny. BTW how much you paying the dog? Don't allow him near a marker, ok?

badboy
03-30-2010, 01:27 PM
A number of folks have been advocating drafting Hardesty as a 2-3 round choice if not Matthews in the 1st. Did he not play behind Foster at Tennessee?

So, it might appear that Foster may be a bit better than he has been given credit for. If so, then maybe running back isn't as big a need in the draft as we all would tend to think. Foster's played in NFL games and these other cats haven't.....just, sayin'.I think RMARTIN65 has posted that Hardesty has had three knee injuries.

badboy
03-30-2010, 01:29 PM
Texans | Matt Schaub happy with start of offseason program
Comment (0)
Mon, 29 Mar 2010 18:39:51 -0700

Houston Texans QB Matt Schaub was pleased with the way the team kicked off the start of their offseason workout program Monday, March 29, reports Nick Scurfield, of HoustonTexans.com. "All the guys are on board, and we're ready to go out to work and get better," Schaub said.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Texans | Arian Foster looking to build on late-season success
Comment (0)
Mon, 29 Mar 2010 18:39:15 -0700

Houston Texans RB Arian Foster said he has been working out since the 2009 season concluded, according to Nick Scurfield, of HoustonTexans.com. "I took a little bit of a break, but I plan on doing big things this year, so I've been working like it," Foster noted. Foster rushed for 216 yards and three touchdowns during the team's final two regular season games. On a side note, he changed his jersey number from 37 to 23 during the offseason.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0jfByz8b3

Something tells me that Foster is going to show off this year. Remember how Steve Slaton was asked about the competition in camp last camp? The first thing he said was Arian Foster looks to be the real deal.I am hoping Arian's mom begins to post here again. I really enjoyed hearing from her before last season. She had some interesting things to say about his injuries, as I recall.

kiwitexansfan
03-30-2010, 02:00 PM
Could Earl Campbell?

Is comparing Earl Campbell and Dunta Robinson in the same post grounds for being banned form the boards?

Can I get a ruling?

JB
03-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Is comparing Earl Campbell and Dunta Robinson in the same post grounds for being banned form the boards?

Can I get a ruling?
I think you misunderstood. It was Foster & Campbell.

lostboy
03-30-2010, 02:04 PM
Could Earl Campbell?

No, but in that offense, he wasn't needed too...our's the back needs decent hands.

My point was "old #23" couldn't make easy interceptions... I hope he didn't taint the jersery...

badboy
03-30-2010, 02:53 PM

Can I get a ruling?Well , maybe but the comparison was Campbell to Arian Foster who was the focus of the post I responded to.

badboy
03-30-2010, 02:56 PM
No, but in that offense, he wasn't needed too...our's the back needs decent hands.

My point was "old #23" couldn't make easy interceptions... I hope he didn't taint the jersery...I am about ready to quit posting anything on DR. He is a Falcon. I'm very hopeful Foster will run powerfully like Campbell. Wouldn't it be nice if our half backs did not have to block? Just let our FB and a TE pick up any blitz?

BigBull17
03-30-2010, 03:50 PM
Now that's funny. BTW how much you paying the dog? Don't allow him near a marker, ok?

He already put "Feed me Aaron" on his bowl, the a-hole.

Maddict5
03-30-2010, 04:04 PM

chris taylor had a decent (90+ yds) game against a bad browns team. foster did it against a solid run D team who were playing for their playoff lives & a good playoff D that had a couple starters out

i posted this in the spiller v mathews thread in the combine section and stand by it (eventhough its still v early)

saw the poll and was about to vote mathews (thanks BL!) as a compliment to slaton but then the more i think about it, we already have a decent mathews-lite on the roster in arian foster- he showed in those 2 games last year (and in college) that he can pass protect, catch and run pretty well. imo theres alot more ?? about slaton than foster this year and imo theres as much chance of foster being our complementary back to someone like spiller/best etc than a mathews/slaton combo

or the short version of ^^: i voted spiller :)

CloakNNNdagger
03-30-2010, 05:35 PM
I hear what you are saying, but like someonelse said in this post, Foster did little things correctly like catching passes and running out of bounds to preserve the clock in crucial 2min situations. He seems to be more knowledgable than what Chris Taylor was. He also did a better job of pass blocking too. Plus he still got some of those yards against teams that had good defenses that still needed a win (Miami).

He also showed adequate pass blocking ability.

Thorn
03-30-2010, 07:07 PM
I still think they need to draft a quality RB this year. With a good RB from the draft, Foster and (maybe) Slaton coming back, we should be in decent shape for RBs. Foster had a couple of good games, and I'm very happy to see that from him. He still has a lot to prove though, and it would be nice to see him do it this season. We sure as hell need it.

since02
03-31-2010, 03:22 AM
He looked amazing at the end of the season, especially to me in the patriots game. He had the ability to punch it down the middle when it was needed..

that has to be one of our worst downfalls thanks to CB during the early part of the season...

Im still leaning toward, slaton, foster, and hopefully in the second round we can pick up a back..

Toby Geirhart is my personal choice of preferance and we shall be set...:thinking:

Brisco_County
03-31-2010, 03:43 AM
I haven't seen anyone mention Foster's ball security issues. I remember him being benched in week 15 (Rams) for fumbling near the goal line on the first possession. Kubiak said Foster had been putting the ball on the ground a lot during practice that week.

Then, in either week 16 or 17, he fumbled in the open field and a teammate recovered it. The recovery was the only reason Foster wasn't benched again.

I like everything else about him, but bad ball security is the wrong flaw to have on this team.

TexMexMom
03-31-2010, 11:28 AM
I haven't seen anyone mention Foster's ball security issues. I remember him being benched in week 15 (Rams) for fumbling near the goal line on the first possession. Kubiak said Foster had been putting the ball on the ground a lot during practice that week.

Then, in either week 16 or 17, he fumbled in the open field and a teammate recovered it. The recovery was the only reason Foster wasn't benched again.

I like everything else about him, but bad ball security is the wrong flaw to have on this team.

Actually, he only had one fumble and that was against the Rams. He was switching hands and got hit at the same time. No excuses, it can't happen. He had fumbled once in practice that week prior. He was benched and redeemed himself the next week and Kubiak put him back out there. No more fumbles after that.

Arian is willing to do whatever the team needs from him, but I guarantee you he will make a very strong push for the starting spot...regardless of who is drafted. He's worked hard and will continue to but it's all up to the coaches and front office.

Arian's injuries have been misreported since he left Tennessee. He's had one shoulder surgery after his freshman year and two meniscus tears, which were fairly minor. Other than that, no other surgeries. For as much as he's accomplished, he considers himself fresh as he has not had as much pounding as people think. Tennessee really only utilized him completely his RS freshman and Junior years. The rest of the time, he was rotated with three other backs.

Montario Hardesty was playing behind Arian and had 1 major surgery and maybe 2 minor ones...as far as I can remember. But he stayed healthy his entire senior year and was very productive with the bulk of the carries for Tennessee.

The Pencil Neck
03-31-2010, 09:10 PM
Actually, he only had one fumble and that was against the Rams. He was switching hands and got hit at the same time. No excuses, it can't happen. He had fumbled once in practice that week prior. He was benched and redeemed himself the next week and Kubiak put him back out there. No more fumbles after that.

Arian is willing to do whatever the team needs from him, but I guarantee you he will make a very strong push for the starting spot...regardless of who is drafted. He's worked hard and will continue to but it's all up to the coaches and front office.

Arian's injuries have been misreported since he left Tennessee. He's had one shoulder surgery after his freshman year and two meniscus tears, which were fairly minor. Other than that, no other surgeries. For as much as he's accomplished, he considers himself fresh as he has not had as much pounding as people think. Tennessee really only utilized him completely his RS freshman and Junior years. The rest of the time, he was rotated with three other backs.

Montario Hardesty was playing behind Arian and had 1 major surgery and maybe 2 minor ones...as far as I can remember. But he stayed healthy his entire senior year and was very productive with the bulk of the carries for Tennessee.

:tiphat:

Good to see you back on the board. We've missed you.

threetoedpete
04-01-2010, 10:44 AM
I believe but do not know, just my guess, was one of the reasons they changed the strength and conditioning guy was the fumbling problems of the running backs. What is also in play is we get to unwrap Jeremiah Johnson this summer. If he can block, and play special teams, it would appear on the surface, that that would be his role on the club and rice bowl. Johnson would shine as the change of pace-pass catching, third down back. If Foster is receiving a lot of balls next season , it means something has gone terribly wrong with Steve Slaton and/or the offensive line. If Slaton and the o-line is hitting on all cylinders, Foster shouldn't have to catch a lot of balls. Team. Everyone has a role and every one is expected to do their jobs. If you can't or don't you will play your way off the squad. Gig'em !

ObsiWan
04-01-2010, 01:04 PM
I still think they need to draft a quality RB this year. With a good RB from the draft, Foster and (maybe) Slaton coming back, we should be in decent shape for RBs. Foster had a couple of good games, and I'm very happy to see that from him. He still has a lot to prove though, and it would be nice to see him do it this season. We sure as hell need it.

Chris Henry is still on the roster. Has everyone forgotten about him? Or is it that you guys think that he won't even make it out of camp? 5-11 / 230 lbs sounds like what we've been looking for around the goalline.

Slaton, Foster, Moats, J.Johnson, Henry, plus whoever get's drafted... RB competition is gonna be something to watch; possibly the best it's ever been around here

The Pencil Neck
04-01-2010, 02:41 PM
Chris Henry is still on the roster. Has everyone forgotten about him? Or is it that you guys think that he won't even make it out of camp? 5-11 / 230 lbs sounds like what we've been looking for around the goalline.

Slaton, Foster, Moats, J.Johnson, Henry, plus whoever get's drafted... RB competition is gonna be something to watch; possibly the best it's ever been around here

I don't expect anything from Chris Henry, Jeremiah Johnson, or Steve Slaton.

If we could get something from one or two of them, great. But I refuse to expect anything.

I expect Foster to compete for the #1 spot with whomever we draft. And I expect Moats to fall to 3rd or 4th string. I'd like to see us get so deep at RB that he becomes expendable.