PDA

View Full Version : Chester Pitts may become a (Seahawk or Viking)?

BIG TORO
03-26-2010, 07:02 AM
No, not at all," said Pitts, an eight-year veteran with the Houston Texans. "Things happen. That's the business. People come and

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Advertisement
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
people go. It's all part of the game. Based on what I'm hearing, (McCloughan) just needed some time. Everybody has things that go on in their lives."

Without a GM in place, Pitts said he met with team president Jed York and had lunch at Yan Can restaurant with director of pro personnel Tom Gamble.

Pitts, 30, is coming off microfracture surgery on his right knee and said doctors also repaired a torn lateral meniscus. About two more months of rehabilitation loom, but Pitts did not rule out being ready for June mini-camps.

Pitts, a starting left guard with the Texans since 2002, said he had not discussed where he would play with the 49ers but was open to moving to the right side. Asked about his prospects for a starting job, Pitts said: "I would expect the five best players to be on the field, whoever they are. I definitely expect myself to be one of those five guyshttp://www.insidebayarea.com/49ers/ci_14714364

I didnt see this anywhere so I went ahead and posted it.

TEXANRED
03-26-2010, 09:23 AM
Pitts and Carr reunited and it feels so good.........

badboy
03-26-2010, 10:08 AM
Good luck, CHester. I was hoping he could recover and retire a Texan and be the first Texan "from college to hanging up the cleats".

infantrycak
03-26-2010, 10:20 AM
It isn't a done deal yet.

The 49ers, however, are getting lobbying help from recent acquisition David Carr. The backup quarterback played with Pitts in Houston. Both are California natives.

"How about that?" Pitts said. "(Carr) called me and left me a two-minute voice mail saying: 'Chester, don't be afraid to come home. Chester, don't be afraid to become a 49er.' "

And Chester thought "great I get blamed for more of your stupid sacks."

Honoring Earl 34
03-26-2010, 10:23 AM

Yep ... after that call ... he's thinking retirement .

Runner
03-26-2010, 10:56 AM
Yep ... after that call ... he's thinking retirement .

I doubt the call has much impact. Dave's former teammates neither idolized nor hated him as much as the fans did.

Honoring Earl 34
03-26-2010, 10:59 AM
I doubt the call has much impact. Dave's former teammates neither idolized nor hated him as much as the fans did.

Chester said Carr didn't played because he loved the game . He played because he was good and he may have lacked passion .

I'm thinking that's not a guy to follow , unless that's the only deal you can get . Carr and Singletary will be worth watching if nothing else .

Runner
03-26-2010, 11:12 AM
Chester said Carr didn't played because he loved the game . He played because he was good and he may have lacked passion .

I'm thinking that's not a guy to follow , unless that's the only deal you can get .

A prima donna and a guy who lacks passion. I guess I'd pass on them both at this point

Honoring Earl 34
03-26-2010, 11:15 AM
A prima donna and a guy who lacks passion. I guess I'd pass on them both at this point

They were both big fish in a very small pond .

CloakNNNdagger
03-27-2010, 04:15 PM

To reinforce your statement. This is from the original source of misinformation NinersNation (http://www.ninersnation.com/2010/3/24/1389383/our-incorrect-report-on-the-49ers).

Our incorrect report on the 49ers signing Chester Pitts

Earlier this evening a post went up stating that the 49ers had signed offensive guard Chester Pitts. That information is NOT correct. Chester Pitts has NOT signed with the San Francisco 49ers. He still might sign with the 49ers, but it has not yet happened. I realize there is a FanPost addressing this issue, but I felt given the quick spread of the information, that a front page retraction was necessary.

In our blogging platform, all the front-page writers have the ability to write up a post and either post it right away, save it as a draft, or schedule it to post on a future date and time. We had a post ready to go for if the 49ers signed Chester Pitts and it accidentally posted, when it should have been saved as a draft.

Now, it's not like we had a post related to the 49ers trading for Donovan McNabb, or something big like that. It was only Chester Pitts after all. Nonetheless, I realize people visit this site to get as accurate of information as possible. So, even though it wasn't a misprint of a monster signing, it's still important that I address the situation. The most important thing this site has is credibility, and anything that hurts that credibility is not good for the site. So, I apologize for the confusion and incorrect information.

Thorn
03-27-2010, 08:48 PM
"It's only Chester Pitts"

Well screw that, we'll take him back.

JB
03-27-2010, 10:55 PM
To reinforce your statement. This is from the original source of misinformation NinersNation (http://www.ninersnation.com/2010/3/24/1389383/our-incorrect-report-on-the-49ers).

"It's only Chester Pitts"

Well screw that, we'll take him back.

Ain't that the shits... it's only Chester Pitts after all!

I wonder if Chester has seen this?

NitroGSXR
03-27-2010, 11:03 PM
Ain't that the shits... it's only Chester Pitts after all!

I wonder if Chester has seen this?

Then the fans started to drone off on recipes for tapioca pudding? Huh? Football is not cooking, guys?

JB
03-27-2010, 11:08 PM
Then the fans started to drone off on recipes for tapioca pudding? Huh? Football is not cooking, guys?

Wha?

NitroGSXR
03-27-2010, 11:27 PM
Wha?

In the comments section, JB. I generally make normal coherent thoughts. Tapioca pudding was not in my football vocabulary until today.

barrett
03-28-2010, 02:55 AM
I read somewhere a few days ago that the Texans had asked him to give them a chance to match any offer he gets.

CloakNNNdagger
03-28-2010, 07:29 AM
I read somewhere a few days ago that the Texans had asked him to give them a chance to match any offer he gets.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1386500&postcount=70

El Tejano
03-30-2010, 11:41 AM
Anything new on this?

barrett
03-31-2010, 06:38 PM

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1386500&postcount=70

thank you.

BSofA04
03-31-2010, 09:40 PM
HWSNBN's recruiting efforts has gone to the fans of the 49ers. One fan made this...
http://tweetphoto.com/16602450
Not nearly as badass as a Texan jersey.

imatexan
03-31-2010, 11:44 PM
Hope he stays a Texan!

Wont kill us as far as production but I would like to see him stay, always fun to see his interviews and being an original Texans and all.

ubecool454
04-01-2010, 11:40 AM
Can we sign Chester and trade Okoye?:headhurts:

Overalls
04-01-2010, 11:43 AM
I would like to see Chester back on the team. It wouldn't be the biggest loss in the world if he did leave, but it would be nice to have our two starting guards back from Slatons rookie year to see if it was a fluke or not. Last year our running game was in the dumpster for the most part and I have to think lossing our two starting guards had something to do with it. His rookie year you could argue that Steve had better numbers than Mr. Tennhead 2000 had in his same rookie year.

El Tejano
04-01-2010, 11:51 AM
I would like to see Chester back on the team. It wouldn't be the biggest loss in the world if he did leave, but it would be nice to have our two starting guards back from Slaytons rookie year to see if it was a fluke or not. Last year our running game was in the dumpster for the most part and I have to think lossing our two starting guards had something to do with it. His rookie year you could argue that Steve had better numbers than Mr. Tennhead 2000 had in his same rookie year.

Sorry to get off subject for a second but

NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!:wild:

Overalls
04-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Sorry to get off subject for a second but

NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!:wild:

Take a deep breath and a chill pill and relax. You'll live longer and have a happier life.

El Tejano
04-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Take a deep breath and a chill pill and relax. You'll live longer and have a happier life.

Actually I do have a very happy life. Just trying to be funny. Just laugh with me and say my bad. Hey, better you hear it from me then some dudes on this message board. That name being spelled incorrectly ranks right up there with SCHWAB for some on this board.

Okay back on subject.

CT CSTM
04-01-2010, 08:02 PM
He'll be on the West coast by next week,,,

NitroGSXR
04-01-2010, 08:13 PM
Actually I do have a very happy life. Just trying to be funny. Just laugh with me and say my bad. Hey, better you hear it from me then some dudes on this message board. That name being spelled incorrectly ranks right up there with SCHWAB for some on this board.

Okay back on subject.

Nononono... the correct incorrect spelling is Schlub. Matt Schlub.

El Tejano
04-07-2010, 10:06 AM
So has Chester signed with anyone else yet?

drewmar74
04-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Nononono... the correct incorrect spelling is Schlub. Matt Schlub.

Dood... y r u so werreed about hiz spilling? Evrywon noes tht spilling isz overtrated. Is lawng as u makee ur pint, sppilling dont' mattre.

I dont' thinck Schwab, Walters, Slayton, or Orslawlawsvkiii kair if you spill dere naim write as lawng as ur sayingg gud thinks.

:truck:

He'll be on the West coast by next week,,,

Guessing this came from the horse's mouth.....

NitroGSXR
04-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Dood... y r u so werreed about hiz spilling? Evrywon noes tht spilling isz overtrated. Is lawng as u makee ur pint, sppilling dont' mattre.

I dont' thinck Schwab, Walters, Slayton, or Orslawlawsvkiii kair if you spill dere naim write as lawng as ur sayingg gud thinks.

:truck:

Guessing this came from the horse's mouth.....

I think you missed the joke.

drewmar74
04-07-2010, 11:06 AM
I think you missed the joke.

Naw, man. I got it. I was just channeling JohnsonFan.

:shades:

El Tejano
04-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Seirously though, has he signed with anyone?

NitroGSXR
04-07-2010, 01:42 PM
Naw, man. I got it. I was just channeling JohnsonFan.

:shades:

My bad. I missed it!

Perfect imitation.

The Pencil Neck
04-07-2010, 02:30 PM
Seirously though, has he signed with anyone?

Not that I've heard.

Section516
04-07-2010, 02:32 PM
Still can't pass a physical IIRC

ChampionTexan
04-25-2010, 11:58 AM
Unfortunately for Chester, I think the Forty-Niners selection of Iupati with the 18th pick (not to mention Davis at OT earlier in the first round) has effectively eliminated them as a landing place for him. The Seahawks (another rumored possibility) signed Ben Hamilton to play guard last week, so that's likely not gonna happen either.

Don't know if there's any other realistic options out there for him, but I'd still love to see the Texans bring him back in.

Bubbajwp
04-25-2010, 12:22 PM
Unfortunately for Chester, I think the Forty-Niners selection of Iupati with the 18th pick (not to mention Davis at OT earlier in the first round) has effectively eliminated them as a landing place for him. The Seahawks (another rumored possibility) signed Ben Hamilton to play guard last week, so that's likely not gonna happen either.

Don't know if there's any other realistic options out there for him, but I'd still love to see the Texans bring him back in.

Maybe we could bring him in as the third string OT

Goldensilence
04-25-2010, 12:25 PM
Maybe we could bring him in as the third string OT

If he didn't have the injury he did that might be a possibility. As it stands now I see little chance of that happening.

I'd like to see the Texans resign him. Has there even been any overtures to his camp from the Texans?

Worst case scenario he's got to be better depth than Studdard and White.

Jackie Chiles
04-25-2010, 12:45 PM
I did see that Chester was tweeting it up with Ben Tate. Obviously doesn't mean he is back but its encouraging. Getting a healthy Pitts back would be a real nice way to finish up free agency.

ChampionTexan
04-25-2010, 01:26 PM
If he didn't have the injury he did that might be a possibility. As it stands now I see little chance of that happening.

I'd like to see the Texans resign him. Has there even been any overtures to his camp from the Texans?

Worst case scenario he's got to be better depth than Studdard and White.

There's been some indications that Chester and the Texans are staying in touch, and some believe there's an informal agreement in place that Chester will give the Texans a chance to match any offers he gets.

Certainly nothing that's verifiable (even if it's true), but I'd like to believe it's all true.

False Start
04-25-2010, 04:56 PM

That can only be a good thing for Chester, and the Texans. :jam:

Please bring back Chester!

CloakNNNdagger
04-25-2010, 06:21 PM
Chester is a 49er.

JB
04-25-2010, 06:23 PM
Chester is a 49er.

link?

CloakNNNdagger
04-25-2010, 06:24 PM
link?

Just heard it on ESPN. Evidently not yet in print.

ChampionTexan
04-25-2010, 06:27 PM
Chester is a 49er.

I think you're wrong about that. (There was a contingent story written by a SF area website that was erroneously published to their site (but quickly retracted) two or three weeks ago. Maybe that's what you're thinking of).

Edit - Okay, if you just heard it on ESPN, that's not it.

JB
04-25-2010, 07:02 PM
Nothing showing up yet on ESPN or Schefter's twitter

El Tejano
04-27-2010, 07:32 AM
Sucks if true.

drs23
04-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Could stll be true but not posted yet under transactions which appears to up to date through Monday the 26th.

Lucky
05-09-2010, 10:13 AM
Former Texan OG Chester Pitts is drawing interest from the Seahawks and Vikings, according to profootballtalk.com (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/05/09/seahawks-vikings-interested-in-chester-pitts/):

If not for the uncertain future facing players after microfracture surgery, Chester Pitts would have been one of the most appealing players on the unrestricted free agent market.

Pitts started at guard in 113 consecutive games for the Texans between 2002 and 2009 -- every game in franchise history -- before suffering a knee injury in Week Two of the 2009 season. He told Fox Sports Houston that he's open to returning (http://www.foxsportshouston.com/05/06/10/From-rock-of-the-franchise-to-rock-botto/landing_texans.html?blockID=229867&feedID=3588) to the only team he's ever played for but that there hasn't been much interest in a return engagement.

Pitts has heard more encouraging things from the Seahawks and Vikings, however. He called the Seahawks "the front runner for greatest need and best fit" and said the Vikings called him recently to see where he was in the rehab process.

"The knee is doing great," Pitts says. "It's structurally sound. Because I had to be off of it for nine weeks, it's kind of a deep hole you climb in to. It takes time to get it back strong. But I'd say it's about eighty five percent right now."

Pitts doesn't anticipate being fully ready to resume football activities until closer to training camp and other teams may come out of the woodwork when he's cleared physically.
Without going through another long winded explanation, the timing of Pitts signing with another team (as well as the terms) could have an effect on potential 2010 compensatory draft selections awarded to the Texans. I'd prefer the Texans re-sign Pitts (if healthy). Of course, that could interfere with the Texans' distinction of having the leagues youngest roster. Too bad the NFL doesn't hand out rings for the youngest roster.

gary
05-09-2010, 10:45 AM
There is a certain poster on here who will not be happy if Chester remains a Texan. He always thought he was hindering the OL.

HOU-TEX
07-20-2010, 11:12 AM
It appears the Eagles, Niners and Vikings have backed out of the Pitts sweepstakes. I reckon the Seahawks are the best bet, but I still want us to grab him if possible. Starter or not, he'd be worth the bargain price if his health checks out.

Joe Schmit of KSTP-TV in Minneapolis reports that the Vikings will not join the bidding for free agent OG Chester Pitts.

Matt Maiocco of Comcast Sports Bay Area suggests that the 49ers are no longer interested in free agent OG Chester Pitts.

The Eagles will reportedly not attend free agent OG Chester Pitts' private workout in Arizona on Tuesday.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=nfl&line=175762

Yankee_In_TX
07-20-2010, 11:22 AM
It appears the Eagles, Niners and Vikings have backed out of the Pitts sweepstakes. I reckon the Seahawks are the best bet, but I still want us to grab him if possible. Starter or not, he'd be worth the bargain price if his health checks out.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/playernews.aspx?sport=nfl&line=175762

Yikes - if that is accurate I wonder how bad his injury is? Or is he asking for too much money? I'd love to carry him as a back up for his leadership and experience alone.

El Tejano
07-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Yikes - if that is accurate I wonder how bad his injury is? Or is he asking for too much money? I'd love to carry him as a back up for his leadership and experience alone.

All that plus, we need somebody to take away the honor of the last original Texan to be on the team from Kris Brown. I don't want KB to have that honor after he choked our season away last year.

HOU-TEX
07-20-2010, 11:32 AM

I think a few teams didn't want to wait for him and went about their business in the draft and FA. Plus, Pitts was originally supposed to workout in June, but had to postpone it a few weeks.

Of course, with our outstanding local news paper, we haven't a clue if the Texans were present at his workout or are even still interested at all. McGobbler still has a Fathers Day blog up. Vacation or not.....come on, man.

Yankee_In_TX
07-20-2010, 11:41 AM
I think a few teams didn't want to wait for him and went about their business in the draft and FA. Plus, Pitts was originally supposed to workout in June, but had to postpone it a few weeks.

Of course, with our outstanding local news paper, we haven't a clue if the Texans were present at his workout or are even still interested at all. McGobbler still has a Fathers Day blog up. Vacation or not.....come on, man.

Who are you to talk trash? Did you win journalism awards before the great asteroid wiped out the dinosaurs? Have you been invited to an Adam Sandler party? Huh? Huh punk?!?!?!

HOU-TEX
07-20-2010, 11:46 AM
Who are you to talk trash? Did you win journalism awards before the great asteroid wiped out the dinosaurs? Have you been inited to an Adam Sandler party? Huh? Huh punk?!?!?!

*bows head in shame* No, I have not won any awards, but I'm pretty sure I can watch queer movies and talk about them on 610 like he does. So.....yeah...there. *fist pump*

CloakNNNdagger
07-20-2010, 08:44 PM
Free-agent guard Chester Pitts worked out for two teams Tuesday in Arizona, according to his agent, Andrew Kessler, who added that his client has visits scheduled with two other clubs next week.

The teams have asked that their identities not be revealed at this time, Kessler said. However, a source with knowledge of the situation revealed the Indianapolis Colts and Pittsburgh Steelers attended Pitts' workout.

The Steelers are looking for offensive line help after starting right tackle Willie Colon suffered a season-ending Achilles' tendon injury last month.

Pitts has drawn interest from several teams throughout the offseason, including the Seattle Seahawks, San Francisco 49ers and Philadelphia Eagles. Pitts is coming back from major surgery, and Tuesday marked the first time he had been able to undergo a full workout for teams.

The eight-year NFL veteran, a longtime starter for the Houston Texans, is one of the few in-demand free agents still available. He started every game for the Texans from his rookie season in 2002 through 2008. Pitts played in just two games last season before undergoing the surgery.

LINK (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d819365d2/article/agent-pitts-works-out-for-two-teams-more-meetings-planned)

JB
07-20-2010, 09:28 PM
LINK (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d819365d2/article/agent-pitts-works-out-for-two-teams-more-meetings-planned)

Chester worked out for the colts and steelers per Jason LaCanfora

http://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora

He is supposed to visit two more teams next week

edit: sorry Doc, didn't see you had beat me to it.

HOU-TEX
07-26-2010, 04:26 PM
A visit with the Bills

The Bills hosted free agent OG Chester Pitts on Monday.

Buffalo's biggest offensive line questions are at tackle, but Pitts is a guard. The team appears to be viewing him as insurance in case RG Eric Wood (leg) incurs a setback. LG Andy Levitre could also use some competition.

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/home_NFL.aspx

TexasBoY25
07-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Seahawks reached agreement with former Texans guard Chester Pitts.

Section516
07-29-2010, 02:02 PM
Pitts a Seahawk per ESPN

Dutchrudder
07-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Good for him, I hope he gets the starting job.

JB
07-29-2010, 06:43 PM
Message from Chester

To the fans in Houston: it was a great experience to play for you and one that Iíll always remember. My heart will always have a special place for the Houston fans and you will be missed.

http://twitter.com/Chester_Pitts

Hope everyone sends him their best wishes.

Wolf
07-29-2010, 07:31 PM
Though terms of the deal were not disclosed by the club, the Seattle Post- Intelligencer reported on Thursday that Pitts was brought into the fold on a one-year deal with $2 million.

http://www.cbs42.com/sports/story/Seahawks-sign-free-agent-G-Pitts/hzoGYPxGa06X9i41FL1e9A.cspx

Texan_Bill
07-29-2010, 07:41 PM
A visit with the Bills

http://www.rotoworld.com/Content/home_NFL.aspx

Buffalo's biggest offensive line questions are at tackle, but Pitts is a guard. The team appears to be viewing him as insurance in case RG Eric Wood (leg) incurs a setback. LG Andy Levitre could also use some competition.

In all fairness, Chester was servicable as a tackle. A world beater? No, but servicable, especially as a stop gap.

False Start
07-29-2010, 09:23 PM
.............. :(

Texan_Bill
07-29-2010, 09:25 PM
Good luck Chester!! Thanks for being an intelligent, funny and class act while here in H-town.... That said, you are now the enemy, because it's about the name on the front of the jersey.... That said, good luck to you!!

b0ng
07-29-2010, 09:28 PM
Good for Chester. He deserves to be in the league.

El Tejano
07-30-2010, 12:08 PM
So now my only hope is that Kris Brown gets beat out of a job so that he can't soley claim the prize of being the last Texan standing.

IDEXAN
07-30-2010, 12:26 PM
Best of luck to Chester.

TEXANS84
07-30-2010, 06:18 PM
Class act Chester was.....sad to see him go. I always liked the guy, hope he does well for Seattle.

JB
07-30-2010, 06:20 PM
Class act Chester was.....sad to see him go. I always liked the guy, hope he does well for Seattle.

Ditto.

The Pencil Neck
07-30-2010, 11:41 PM
Yep. Definitely have nothing but good will for Chester. I wish him all the best.

CloakNNNdagger
07-31-2010, 03:11 PM
I say he will ultimately retire at a Texans ceremony.:tiphat:

False Start
07-31-2010, 08:22 PM
Just wanted to pass this along. Chester will be on 610 here in a bit. They said when hes done with practice hes calling in.